Reccomend me songs from:

apsham

Alright, so a friend gave me some music videos and I am really starting to get into the following bands, but I have absolutely no idea what is good, so here is the list of bands. Don't let me down people, your Iggy Pop suggestions were pretty good:

Atreyu

Fear Before The March Of Flames

Underoath

Straylight Run

Killswitch Engage

Blood Brothers

Saosin

First, note i'm not a huge fan of any of these bands except maybe Blood Brothers. Also notice, i don't really like Victory Records but still i'll try to give honest opinions on them.

Atreyu - I find Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses to be better than The Curse although what is probably my favourite Atreyu song is on the Curse. That one is Bleeding Mascara. Good Tracks on Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses are Ain’t Love Grand, Someones Standing on my Chest, Tulips are Better, Lip Gloss and Black or Deanne The Arsonist. Lip Gloss & Black needs to grow first but i find it to be a pretty good song now.

Fear Before The March Of Flames - Songs: Should Have Stayed In the Shallows, Fashion Tips Baby, On The Bright Side She Could Choke.

Underoath - Regular screamo nowadays. There was no need for the electrostuff though. For some reason i think you will like this, at least some of it. Listen to Reinventing Your Exit, When the Sun Sleeps, but also listen to Young And Aspiring and Down, Set, Go. Not the same style but i would give it a listen if i was you.

Straylight Run - Indie/Emo/Pop-Rock/Bleh?. Not innovative at all, although nice to listen to when in the mood to relax. Still nothing but average in my opinion (even inside the genre where it is "included"). I don't know if you're into this, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the other bands you listed, so in case you know little of it expect it to be something you'll have as a background sound. I was going to suggest some songs but i really can't think of a standout one.

Killswitch Engage - almost ALL Killswitch Engage song will have a part i love and a part i hate. That's just what the band is. The fusion between a style i love and a style i hate. Some tracks: Hope Is, Rose Of Sharyn, Temple From The Within, A Bid Farewell

Blood Brothers - My favourite Band out of these. And i find it to define itself pretty well since i don't know many bands who sound like them.

Try listening to both Burn Piano Island, and March on Electric Children. These are two great albums. They just bring a Chaotic atmosphere hard to achieve, even by so many other bands who try it.

Saosin - songs: third measurement in c, seven years. A lot of people dislike the voice here, but to be honest is one of the things i like the most about this band. Most people will tell you it's gay though. :shifty:

Saosin's an amazing band I think. One of the few that can pull off screaming and actually make it fit with the song.

I'd highly reccomend 3rd Measurement in C, Bury Your Head, I Can Tell (there are two versions, get the fast one), Mookie's Last Christmas (one of my faves), Hopeless Believing, Lost Symphonies, They Perch on their Stilts and Dare me to Break, Translating the Name, and Seven Years. Definately all songs I can listen to over and over again.

Am I the only one that didn't really think the new Killswitch album was all that good? I much prefer "Alive Or Just Breathing?" over the new one. I also prefer Jesse Leach over Howard Jones.

Am I the only one that didn't really think the new Killswitch album was all that good? I much prefer "Alive Or Just Breathing?" over the new one. I also prefer Jesse Leach over Howard Jones.

I much prefer the new album over the old one. I couldn't get into KSE at all with the old album, but the new one hooked me with the title track. I like Jones more than Leach, personally, but I've heard lots of people go the other way.

I much prefer the new album over the old one. I couldn't get into KSE at all with the old album, but the new one hooked me with the title track. I like Jones more than Leach, personally, but I've heard lots of people go the other way.

Really? All the Killswitch fans here jump all over Howard Jones' dick.

I personally loved My Last Serenade. I can't imagine Howard Jones doing that song. It just wouldn't work.

I would like to show that I love Tristy not only for preferring Leach over Jones, but also being the only person to recommend My Last Serenade so far, which is easily thier best song, and one of the best alt metal songs of the past 3-4 years.

I'm a big KsE fan, I saw them play at the Taste of Chaos and they fucking blew everything away to hell.

My favorite songs (regardless if they've been mentioned)

Take This Oath

Temple From Within

Self Revolution

Prelude (one of my favorites, even though it doesn't have any real lyrics)

Rose of Sharyn

Numb Sickened Eyes

When Darkness Falls

Breathe Life

My Last Serenade

I am a pretty big Killswitch fan. The only other band on there i've really heard of (Some ring a bell but I haven't heard any songs) is Atreyu and I think they're horrible, I just can't get into them.

As for Killswitch. The loved the first two albums and the second album was good, though not quite as good as the previous two.

As for songs....

My Last Serenade

Rose of Sharyn

Self Revolution

Rusted Embrace

To The Sons of Man (Underrated IMO)

Numb Sickened Eyes

Rise Inside

Vide Infra

World Ablaze

One Last Sunset (All the instrumentals are good but this is my favourite)

The Temple From Within

It's hard to pick a few.

As a big KsE fan, I'll say that both vocalists have their strong points. I prefer Jones though because he's more talented vocally, otherwise KsE is random Metalcore band #2345 to me. Jones adds a second dimension and it's obviously done well for the band.

Though I like both eras of the band pretty much equally, I just think Howard's a more talented vocalist than Leach from what I've heard.

Oh and checkout Unearth like, I think, fineintent suggested.

Edited by Livid