Terminator 4 news

Billy Castillo

From Sci-fi Wire:

ust because there was a third film does not mean there needs to be a fourth, such franchises as Jurassic Park and Terminator however can't seem to grasp this concept.

Yet it seems both will be here at some point and now Sci-Fi Wire reports in with word on Terminator 4 and the fact that Nick Stahl will apparently not be reprising his T3 role as John Connor and neither will co-star Claire Danes be returning for the project as he tells the online mag, "I'm not going to be in T4... None of the cast is coming back. The [T4] story is changing conceptually. I believe it's a jump to the future, so my character will be quite a bit older. That's all that I know. So I'm not coming back, which is a drag. I don't know much more than that."

Stahl said that the producers' current plans may not even include original Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is now the governor of California, which really brings up the earlier point... Why even make it?

Edited by Billy Castillo

There are bad ideas, like T3, and then there are worse ideas.

This is in the latter, I think.

I don't even count T3 as part of story canon, since James Cameron wasn't even involved with the story.

This is a worse idea than Jaws 3D....

But fear not Terminator fans. If Anacondas can be made....the so can T4.

God help us....

whiners....

SChwarzenegger already did the Sceens for the fourth movie during the shooting of T3 and i don´t see a problem in using somebody older to play and older version of a character, your old enough to know better, so cry baby cry.

edit

i mean seriuskly, how stupid can you be, OMFG IT WILL BE TZE SUxX0r BECAUS SOME ACTOR SAID HE WON´t BE IN IT, EVERYTHING SUxX, MY FANBOY HEART IF BEELING, SOMEBODY HELP ME~!

:puke:

Edited by Michael Matzat

whiners....

SChwarzenegger already did the Sceens for the fourth movie during the shooting of T3 and i don´t see a problem in using somebody older to play and older version of a character, your old enough to know better, so cry baby cry.

edit

i mean seriuskly, how stupid can you be, OMFG IT WILL BE TZE SUxX0r BECAUS SOME ACTOR SAID HE WON´t BE IN IT, EVERYTHING SUxX, MY FANBOY HEART IF BEELING, SOMEBODY HELP ME~!

:puke:

I feel that after the third movie, there doesn't need to be any more movies. To me the whole point of the series was about john connor reaching his destiny which was to survive the nuclear attack by SkyNet.

I think we don't need to see the conflict between the humans and the machines.

I've come to the point where I could care less if T4 is even made after the disaster that was T3. The first 2 were classics in my eyes(and I son't think I speak for myself when I say that), and the third presented virtually nothing new to the series, I mean we couldn't even get a better reason for judgement day to happen in T3 other then It was inevatible.

T3 wasn't a bad movie, but it just didn't seem to have the same vibe as the first two. It was really short too, I thought.

As for T4, I'd be REALLY interested in the idea of the future, as those were my favorite scenes in some of the movies. Of course, without Arnold it seems rather pointless.

Matzat, are you sure he filmed his scenes for T4? I'm pretty sure the movie can't be released anyways, due to his being governor now.

Anyone else think they'll just release Terminator: The Ride from Universal and call it a day?

Arnold's not REALLY needed, because the machines will be "naked" for the most part. Maybe a cameo would suffice, but he's getting a bit long in the tooth to be doing this.

What bothers me about 4 isn't that it's not "necessary" (which to me it is, for reasons I'll go into in a minute); it's that if you pay attention to the 3 movies, you can see how fucked up the timeline is. That bothers me.

All that considered...

I think we don't need to see the conflict between the humans and the machines.

I'll give it a chance. I'd be interested to see what happens in the future. Does John Connor knowing about the future change things, or do they happen as they were 'supposed' too. It'd be an interesting concept, if done right.

And GhostMachine, from all I've read, having not seen the movie, AvP was set up to have a sequel, am I not correct?

They killed it when John Conner turned into a pussy.
Edited by Laice_

I'll give it a chance. I'd be interested to see what happens in the future. Does John Connor knowing about the future change things, or do they happen as they were 'supposed' too. It'd be an interesting concept, if done right.

And GhostMachine, from all I've read, having not seen the movie, AvP was set up to have a sequel, am I not correct?