A Ton Of Acts Added To Leeds/Reading Festival

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Guest Booker T & The MG's

WEEKENDERS!

Veterans MC5 and SUPER FURRY ANIMALS are two of the latest additions to the RADIO 1 STAGE at the CARLING WEEKEND in LEEDS and READING, NME.COM can reveal.

Other additions include Auf der Maur, British Sea Power, Deus, 22-20s, The Stills and Dogs Die In Hot Cars, who all play below headliners Supergrass and The Von Bondies on Friday 27 in Leeds and Sunday 29 in Reading.

The MC5 are below Funeral For A Friend and Dizzee Rascal on the bill, followed by The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Har Mar Superstar, The Icarus Line, The Ordinary Boys, The Bronx and Bloc Party, who will play Saturday 28 in Reading and Sunday 29 in Leeds.

Super Furry Animals play under Graham Coxon. The co-headliners will be supported by Soulwax, Peaches, The Donnas, Razorlight and The Wildhearts on Friday 27 in Reading and Saturday 28 in Leeds.

The announcement comes with the news that The Ordinary Boys want to hook up with Dizzee Rascal when they share the bill on the Radio One Stage at this year's event.

The Ordinary Boys' singer Preston told NME.COM: "We're really looking forward to playing Reading and Leeds for the first time. We're going to try and coax Dizzee Rascal onstage as we have a special surprise planned if he's up for it."

NME.COM understands that the mooted collaboration would be a song by seminal DC hardcore band Bad Brains.

Elsewhere, New Found Glory have been added to the Main Stage on Friday 27 in Leeds and Sunday 29 in Reading.

Lineup looks almost complete and looks very stong.

New Found Glory on main stage on Sunday, that's cemented the fact that I'll go see Placebo then run off to the Radio One stage.

Finally the line-up is starting to redeem itself.

Brilliant news for me, on the Sunday, I've finally got somewhere to go:

THE RADIO ONE STAGE

SUPERGRASS

The Von Bondies

Auf Der Mar

British Sea Power

Deus

22-20's

The Stills

Dogs Die In Hot Cars

All of them I can at least stand :)

Bloc Party....YAY ADM and BSP are both good additions. It still needs the Holiday Plan before it's 100% complete (They'd be perfect to open before FFAF)

Edited by Shadow

I have to see Har Mar, he's like Ron Jeremy's bastard musician love child. I'd quite like to see the Roots, Libertines, Franz Ferdinand and Thursday on Saturday though. Not too bothered about the White Stripes. Looking forward to Lostprophets, Funeral, Thrice, The Streets, Greenday, Taking Back Sunday, Jurassic 5, 100 Reasons, Dizzee Rascal, the Icarus Line and Razorlight aswell.

But most importantly - Goldie Lookin Chain are their. Wahey. GLC > *

Think the Chain are on MTV2 tonight, should be good.

These new additions are actually making me tempted to go now, although I dont think I'll be watching any of the main stage headliners which is odd. Am I the only person who thinks the Radio 1 stage will be rammed on the friday, full of people watching SFA and Coxon instead of Offspring and Darkness, a la the Vines at Leeds 2002?

How come the Vines have been shifted down the bill a mile, yet Placebo can hold third last having done shitall good for the last two albums?

Think the Chain are on MTV2 tonight, should be good.

These new additions are actually making me tempted to go now, although I dont think I'll be watching any of the main stage headliners which is odd. Am I the only person who thinks the Radio 1 stage will be rammed on the friday, full of people watching SFA and Coxon instead of Offspring and Darkness, a la the Vines at Leeds 2002?

How come the Vines have been shifted down the bill a mile, yet Placebo can hold third last having done shitall good for the last two albums?

I'd take Placebo over the Vines anyday. The Vines lead singer (who's name escapes me) is a twat. I'll be in the Radio 1 tent on Friday, fuck the Darkness and Offspring. They're too bands which I like, but only like, nothing more. I'll be there on Friday, unless Million Dead headline the Carling Stage, or Goldfrapp headline the dance tent.

What the fuck is 50 cent doing on the card?  The guy has no talent whatsoever and doesn't deserve to be earning money from his 'music' let alone play at Reading.

You've took the words right out of every Reading goers mouths.

I unfortunatly brought my ticket before the line-up was announced, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Morrissey and Auf Der Maur, and I am just hoping that the Bloodhound Gang rumour is true.

I'm going to Download in a few weeks anyway though and that is gonna be great.

Dogs Die In Hot Cars are the worst band I have ever seen live.

And overall it looks a pretty weak Reading line up ...

Might sell my ticket.

I'll buy it, if you're that stupid <_<

Meh. There's at least one band that ruins every day. I had it when that happens :(

Ooh, Friday isn't bad actually, but wtf is Dizee Rascal doing ruining Saturday? And 50 Cent pisses over one of the best lineups evar~! on Sunday :(

Do live events have mute buttons? <_<

I'll buy it, if you're that stupid <_<

Meh. There's at least one band that ruins every day. I had it when that happens :(

Ooh, Friday isn't bad actually, but wtf is Dizee Rascal doing ruining Saturday? And 50 Cent pisses over one of the best lineups evar~! on Sunday :(

Do live events have mute buttons? <_<

Saturday solution - Go to the main stage. Libs, Stripes and Mozza, can't go wrong.

Sunday Soulution - Apart from Placebo, stay the hell away from the whole stage. Maybe Green Day too, but The Streets, lostprophets and Fidee Cent? Yuk.

Saturday solution - Go to the main stage. Libs, Stripes and Mozza, can't go wrong.

Sunday Soulution - Apart from Placebo, stay the hell away from the whole stage. Maybe Green Day too, but The Streets, lostprophets and Fidee Cent? Yuk.

DID YOU JUST DIS' THE LOSTPROPHETS?

*terrorises innocent bystander* DID HE JUST DIS' THE LOSTPROPHETS?

MAY YOU SPEND A ETERNITY IN HELL LOCKED INTO AN ANACONDA VICE YOU SON OF SATAN~!

[/overreaction]

But seriously. Placebo > Creed > LostProphets > * and don't you fucking forget it.

[/Rant]

I also love Dropkick Murphy and the Streets are funny as fuck live, so up yours :P

DID YOU JUST DIS' THE LOSTPROPHETS?

*terrorises innocent bystander* DID HE JUST DIS' THE LOSTPROPHETS?

MAY YOU SPEND A ETERNITY IN HELL LOCKED INTO AN ANACONDA VICE YOU SON OF SATAN~!

[/overreaction]

But seriously. Placebo > Creed > LostProphets > * and don't you fucking forget it.

[/Rant]

I also love Dropkick Murphy and the Streets are funny as fuck live, so up yours :P

Yeah, Dropkick Murphy's are good. The Streets.....bleh. And seriously, Lostprophets are hideous. Glammy boyband metal. Me no likey.