Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foster completes Man Utd switch

Manchester United have signed Stoke City goalkeeper Ben Foster in a deal which could be worth up to £3m.

United have paid £1m up front for the 22-year-old, who has never played a first-team game for the Potters.

The remainder will follow if Foster breaks into the United first team and goes on to win international honours.

"Ben has the potential to do well at United and we wish him the very best of luck," Stoke director of football John Rudge told the club's website.

Have Your Say on 606

Is Foster a good signing?

Foster joined Stoke's academy from Racing Warwick in August 2002 and despite never playing in the first team, he made an impact at youth level and in the reserves.

Rudge said: "It's an incredible deal which adds further stability to the club and we couldn't stand in his way once we heard Manchester United wanted to sign him." 

Edited by Darloboy

Guilliem Ballague(sp?) reckons Baptista will go to Barca next year.

He also said that Henry and Vieira were going to Madrid. He speaks a lot of shit.

But, it is a possibility. Tis Baptista thing is jsut annoying because he said a while back he wanted to stay, then he made a come and get me plea to us and Utd. Then he said he is talking with Barca, then Wenger basciually says that Baptista said he wants to join us and now he is saying he will stay put. I want this saga to end already.

If he stays there this season, he will leave for fuck all next season so it is in Sevilla's best interest to sell him now, and I think they will.

Saviola is very overated in my opinion. He joined Barcelona for something ridiculous, like £25m I think and didn't really live up to the price, so they flogged him to Monaco, where he didn't do that great either.

I also think he would be too lightweight for Premiership football. Plus, he said a while back that he was not too keen on moving to England.

I've not heard much of Ben Foster either to be honest.

They were saying on MUTV that he came as a recommendation from Sir Alex's son at Wrexham, the club at which Foster was loaned out to. Whether he's a future number one of not, time will only tell but he'll most likely spend a season or two on loan or at least at Reserve level. £1Million is quite the sum for a practical unknown but we payed close to the same ammount for young Luke Steele, our current reserve keeper, and he's really came on leaps and bounds since joining us. Both seem to be two promising keepers for the future.

Celtic have completed the signing of Brighton & Hove Albion defender Adam Virgo.

The 22-year-old is superbly versatile, having also played in defence and attack, scoring his fair share of goals when leading the line.

The Bhoys have agreed a deal worth up to £1.5 million with The Seagulls, with Virgo agreeing personal terms on his deal on Wednesday.

Hoops boss Gordon Strachan is struggling for defensive options after recent injury problems, but he concedes that Virgo needs to get some pre-season under his belt before he is ready to play.

"Adam's a player I've known about for a few years," said Strachan. "He is still a raw lad, but he has got good potential.

"But he's not really had an opportunity to have a proper pre-season.

"He's not really ready to go straight in."

Virgo was reluctant to leave The Withdean Stadium, but says a move to Celtic was too good to turn down.

"It's a dream come true," said Virgo. "No disrespect to Brighton, they have given me some great years down there, but the offer from Celtic was too good to turn down.

"Being here today was a great experience for me, and signing the contract was a dream.

"It's every boy's ambition to play for a massive team, and Celtic are one of the top teams in the UK and are known all over the world.

"I wouldn't think too many players would turn down an offer from Celtic."

We've resigned Alessandro Pistone, if anyone cares. He's signed a two year deal, its on the official site.

Just when we were making progress, we resign a defender who is scared of the ball and spends more time messing with his hair and his socks than he does concentrating on the game around him.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could turn to Olivier Dacourt as he seeks a replacement for Patrick Vieira.

The Roma midfielder is well known to the Gunners chief and already has Premiership experience from spells with Everton and Leeds United.

Although he is under contract until 2006, it is believed that Arsenal have already made their intentions clear and are exploring the possibility of landing the France international.

Wenger, always shrewd in the transfer market, is aware that he might even be able to push Roma into releasing Dacourt on a free transfer due to their financial problems as the Serie A outfit may want to get him off their wage bill.

Indeed, Roma strongly considered approaches from Bolton Wanderers and Fulham recently, only for the player to refuse the opportunity to take up those options.

Other clubs are monitoring Dacourt's situation, possibly even Barcelona, but the chance to play at Highbury would be an enticing one for the 31-year-old.

He would be an ideal no-risk replacement for Vieira, who signed for Juventus recently.

One potential stumbling block is the transfer embargo currently imposed on Roma but the Stadio Olimpico outfit are hopeful of getting the ban overturned.

Wenger is continuing to run the rule over trialists Philippe Christanval and Alexandre Song but will wait until the end of the pre-season tour of Austria before making a decision on the pair.

Dacourt is a bastard. When Chelsea played Roma last season Robben had the ball and just glided past him. Dacourt made to attempt to get to the ball and kicked Robben from behind. Then when a scuffle broke out with Dacourt, Mexes, Robben and Kezman, Dacourt started throwing punches.

He's a peice of shit.

Dacourt made to attempt to get to the ball and kicked Robben from behind. Then when a scuffle broke out with Dacourt, Mexes, Robben and Kezman, Dacourt started throwing punches.

Excellent stuff, its good to see wingers getting kicked.

Is Dacourt the bald French dude who used to play for Everton?

When did he get good?

Dacourt is a bastard. When Chelsea played Roma last season Robben had the ball and just glided past him. Dacourt made to attempt to get to the ball and kicked Robben from behind. Then when a scuffle broke out with Dacourt, Mexes, Robben and Kezman, Dacourt started throwing punches.

Edited by TheReilDeal