Give me some new bands to listen to

Gongsun Zan

I'd like to re-suggest Dragonforce, in case you didn't hear it the first time ¬_¬

Also, if you like Dreamtheater you might like Hammerfall and Nightwish.

And I'll reccomend Rhapsody because they're the best band on the planet. And Judas Priest just because everyone should have some.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strung Out (I know I whore these out a lot but the new album reminds me slightly of AFI. The sort of darkness surrounding it whilst still being punk/rock)

I HATED their last show. Not for being awfully bad, but for how disappointed i (and a lot of people for that matter) was after it.

I was expecting a ****1/2 show and i got a **3/4. (this is where you notice this is a wrestling board :shifty: )

Edited by Funk Odyssey

You could try getting "The Universal Migrator (Parts 1 & 2)" by Ayreon. It's a two-disc, nearly 150-minute space metal epic with nods to nearly every imaginable genre out there. Ayeron has a crapload of one-time collaborators on their albums, including singers and musicians from bands like Tiamat, Stratovarius, Symphony X and Spock's Beard. Really good atmospheric music, and as a bonus it has some passable-sounding power metal tracks as well (I cannot stand that shit, but Part 1 of the Migrator is purely more prog rock, kinda like Dream Theater)

If you're looking for any heavier stuff, I seriously recommend Isis, Neurosis and Pelican. Isis and Pelican craft 10+ minute metal epics, completely instrumental yet really really addictive due to the level of skill involved. Neurosis are more down-tuned and artistic, but their lyrics are extremely good and their albums are nothing short of brilliant.

Suggested albums:

Isis - Celestial / Panopticon

Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets / The Eye Of Every Storm

Pelican - March Into The Sea (it's actually an EP with only two songs, but the total playing time is something like 32+ minutes and the title track is THE best metal song I have heard all year) / Australasia

Hope that sparked interest.

Holy shit Ayreon. My mate listens to Ayreon all the time, he's trying to get me to listen it but I keep on forgetting.

And Malenko where you from? (I always presumed you were American).

Edited by Funk Odyssey

I dunno if you hinted at it, Bush, but Isis aren't instrumental.

"Isis and Pelican craft 10+ minute metal epics, completely instrumental yet really really addictive due to the level of skill involved"

Yeah, checking back, you did.....

No need to get defensive.

AFI

Audioslave

Beastie Boys

Breaking Benjamin

Dream Theater

Eminem

Garbage

Gorrillaz

Green Day

Metallica

Muse

Outkast

Rage Against the Machine

Going by that, I'd say he's into the MTV Punk/Rap/Rock or Nu Metal stuff.