Star Wars Books/Comics

TMM

Considering she was trained primarily as an assassin rather than a soldier...and that Carida tended to just shit on whatever few female candidates they were reluctantly forced to take in...she didn't, no.

She was taken from her family at an early age to be specially trained as the Emperor's Hand. Presumably via some ultra special private tutoring.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering she was trained primarily as an assassin rather than a soldier...and that Carida tended to just shit on whatever few female candidates they were reluctantly forced to take in...she didn't, no.

She was taken from her family at an early age to be specially trained as the Emperor's Hand. Presumably via some ultra special private tutoring.

Edited by triplexpac

Wasn't there an Imperial Presence on Thyferra?

I know that was the whole point of the first 4 X-Wing books, make the bacta from that planet under Imperial control, thus creating a shortage.

I was on the Star Wars website a minute ago and came across this:

Palpatine had long been staving death away by using arcane Sith knowledge and cloning technology. Palpatine would grow clone duplicates of his bodies to act as receptacles for his evil life force should his body die. With this technique, Palpatine had escaped death time and again. He called for Skywalker to kneel before him and become his apprentice. Skywalker, realizing that the Emperor was almost invincible, knelt before him, and agreed to join the dark side.

Like a few others in recorded history, Luke believed he could defeat the dark side from within by learning its secrets. He had neglected one of Yoda's key teachings -- never underestimate the power of the dark side. Skywalker, consumed by the darkness, found himself unable to break away from its pall. Though he succeeded in covertly sabotaging a number of Palpatine's plans, he could not bring himself back to the light. With the help of his sister, however, Skywalker was able to turn against his master. Together, the Jedi twins were eventually able to defeat Palpatine once and for all.

Someone SOOOOOOO has to tell me what book that is dammit!!!

I have two, the one about Robots and the one about Characters. Both of which I find rather interesting, but I never ended up getting any of the other ones. The only other one I really wanted was the weapons one that you speak of.

Either way, I was thinking this morning... about the whole "extended" universe thing. I mean, there is a friggin' five or six page history for the God of all Gods, Admiral Ackbar, and even for people who appear only briefly in the movies, like General Crix Madine. I have a couple of questions:

1. How much of this is taken out of offical resources? Like games etc. I am sure some of it comes from the Rouge Squadron games and stuff like that.

2. How many of the non-Lucas arts literature is offically reconized as an actual part of the whole universe? (If any?)

I have two, the one about Robots and the one about Characters. Both of which I find rather interesting, but I never ended up getting any of the other ones. The only other one I really wanted was the weapons one that you speak of.

Either way, I was thinking this morning... about the whole "extended" universe thing. I mean, there is a friggin' five or six page history for the God of all Gods, Admiral Ackbar, and even for people who appear only briefly in the movies, like General Crix Madine. I have a couple of questions:

1. How much of this is taken out of offical resources? Like games etc. I am sure some of it comes from the Rouge Squadron games and stuff like that.

2. How many of the non-Lucas arts literature is offically reconized as an actual part of the whole universe? (If any?)

Any Star Wars that has been published.

Also to be included is the TV series "Droids" and "Ewoks", comic books, the movies "The Ewok Adventure" and "Ewoks: The Battle For Endor", the animated show "The Great Heep", virtually any Star Wars computer game where you play an alternate character, such as Kyle Katarn, (part of the X-Wing saga is confusing as you actually fly the Death Star trench run, and blow it sky high), and the Star Wars Holiday Special. I'm pretty sure the Clone Wars cartoon will be considered canon and official

Now the guides, you have to keep in mind that they were made without full stories being given. For the longest time, Boba Fett was thought to have gone by the name of Jaster Mareel, which is who he was before he became Fett, but obviously that's been thrown out thanks to Episode II.

shit, I remember this Star Wars comic I have. It deals with Return Of The Jedi, I believe. I'm not sure. I know I remember a scene in the book where Leia is forced to make out with this ugly alien prince or something like that. Fuck, now I want to go find it. <_<

I'm going to buy "Dark Empire" & "Shadows Of The Empire" soon.

Edited by Tristy

shit, I remember this Star Wars comic I have. It deals with Return Of The Jedi, I believe. I'm not sure. I know I remember a scene in the book where Leia is forced to make out with this ugly alien prince or something like that. Fuck, now I want to go find it. <_<

Now the guides, you have to keep in mind that they were made without full stories being given. For the longest time, Boba Fett was thought to have gone by the name of Jaster Mareel, which is who he was before he became Fett, but obviously that's been thrown out thanks to Episode II.

Wasn't that name thrown out on the Christmas special? This guide was written before all the new type movies, it lists Vader as Anakin Skywalker, but it says that Obi-Wan found him as a young space pilot. Not exactly far off what was eventually told, but still. It lists Boba Fett as Boba Fett and gives a full history as well.

Wasn't that name thrown out on the Christmas special? This guide was written before all the new type movies, it lists Vader as Anakin Skywalker, but it says that Obi-Wan found him as a young space pilot. Not exactly far off what was eventually told, but still. It lists Boba Fett as Boba Fett and gives a full history as well.

I never saw the Christmas special, to be honest. I've seen stills from it, and I know makes his first appearance on it (Before Empire, mind you, this was like 1978), so I can't really say. I know in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, at the start Jaster Mareel is on trial for killing a fellow officer, and he says about his sentence, "Everybody dies." That was about 15 years before ROTJ. 15 years after Jedi, when Fett finally catches Solo, but decides to let him leave, he just replies to Han "Everybody dies".

I don't know. I think Jaster Mareel may be somebody that Boba Fett kills, and assumes his past to protect his real identity. I'm sure the Empire would love to get their hands on what was probably the final clonetrooper (in essence, that's what Boba was, given he was Jangotude V2)

I have that same comic actually... that was Shadows of the Empire, the prince was Xizor.

Black Sun Organization represent!

:shuriken:

Does anyone read the comics? I bought a bunch of 'Star Wars: Empire: comics yesterday as well as a 'Star Wars: Tales'. Also, I bought that Dark Empire I book that stoky linked me to, but it turned out to be the graphic novel adaptation! Not complaining mind you, but now it means I have to find the other two for a reasonable price :(