the appeal in Ren & Stimpy

I was watching SpikeTV and one of those "Ren & Stimpy Remastered" cartoons came on, and, seeing as how I adored the show when I was younger, I decided to watch. The problem is though, I didn't laugh once. I remember that, when I was younger, that show was always great, but maybe it's just me - I don't see the appeal in the show anymore!

Although, they do have some really good episodes, like the one where Ren & Stimpy are buried alive in a deluxe coffin with TV, a kitchen, etc.

(at the funeral) Minister : "Rain? IN OCTEMBER?!" (after Stimpy blew his nose on the Minister)

Guest elJoJo

The show is alot of immature bathroom humour. Most people don't find that funny at this age. I can't even stand to watch the show anymore, it just bores me to death.

I never found it that funny at all. There were a couple of moments like a whole spiel of something like "Will Stimpy be able to resist pressing the button that will destroy himself and the entire universe? Will he be able to hold back from causing total annihilation just from the push of a...SINGLE...BUTTON? A BIG RED button? A BEAUTIFUL, SHINY, CANDY-LIKE button? Can he do it folks? Can he?!?"...that I found hilarious. But those were few and far between. Most of it was pathetic gross-out humour.

Rocko's Modern Life > Ren and Stimpy.

Always has, always will.

True.

But then I didn't like that too much either. ¬_¬

I noticed that Ren and Stimpy just isn't as funny as it used to be. Not because it changed, but because I got older. However, I still laugh my ass off whenever I watch Beavis and Buthead. Beavis and Butthead will forever go down as one of my all time favorite cartoons. They've actually had alot of awesome bands on the show when they play the music videos.

I thought Ren and Stimpy, behind all of the toilet humor, had a lot of subtle brilliance. Ever see the episode where Ren and Stimpy became cosmonauts? Or the one where Ren tries to prove he's a "real dog?" They were terrific.

Guest TheKarnivalShow

Ren and Stimpy can be funny for a laugh or two but nothing more. Rocko is probably the best Nickelodeon cartoon they ever churned out but that is just my opinion. Beavis and Butthead is funny whenever it is show, I was watching it on MTV2 the other day and one of the music videos was Hulk Hogan's theme song, funniest shit ever with them tearing it apart.

You're looking for Ren & Stimpys appeal?

IT'S LOG! IT'S LOG! IT'S BIG, IT'S TUMBLY, IT'S WOOD!

I found it for you.

Ummm, those are the wrong lyrics, the correct ones are:

"It's Log, It's Log, It's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good!"

I have that whole song memorized, I used to be obsessed with Ren And Stimpy. But aren't the new episodes, like, actually new. Not new animations, but they changed the monologue to make it more "adult oriented". I may be wrong, cause I haven't watched it since it came back.

And I personally think the best nicktoon that Nick has put out is Fairly Odd Parents, that is the only thing I watch on Nick. Rocko was good (and you can get the first two seasons @ WalMart for 3.88 on VHS), but FOP is gold.

But aren't the new episodes, like, actually new.  Not new animations, but they changed the monologue to make it more "adult oriented".  I may be wrong, cause I haven't watched it since it came back.

The new series flopped, big time. It was cancelled after like four or five shows. And they made them openly gay. Everyone had figured they were in the original, but in the new one, they were gay.

They don't play the new ones anymore, but they play the original ones and call them remastered, at like 2 in the morning on Spike TV. I watched them recently, and caught two of my favorite ones from years ago. The one with Stimpy's cousin Sphen (is that the correct spelling?) and the Haunted Mansion one with that talking fart. But after watching them, like Cloudy said, they are not even funny anymore.

But I got to agree, Rocko's Modern Life was much better than Ren and Stimpy. The food store one was my favorite of all time. I loved that episode.

Ummm, those are the wrong lyrics, the correct ones are:

"It's Log, It's Log, It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.  It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good!"

I have that whole song memorized, I used to be obsessed with Ren And Stimpy.  But aren't the new episodes, like, actually new.  Not new animations, but they changed the monologue to make it more "adult oriented".  I may be wrong, cause I haven't watched it since it came back.

And I personally think the best nicktoon that Nick has put out is Fairly Odd Parents, that is the only thing I watch on Nick.  Rocko was good (and you can get the first two seasons @ WalMart for 3.88 on VHS), but FOP is gold.

Fairly Odd Parents rock!

The Fairly Odd Parents (Cosmo and Vicki ) were acting like adults to distract Timmy's parents, I think so he could have a party or something. They dissapeared under the table to talk about something for a while, then Timmy's parents made a remark that'll always stick out in my mind as a classic.

Father: They've been down there quite a while.

Mother: Do you think they're dead.

Father: Quickly! Let's attain an allaby!

Then they both run off.