Voice Actors

Farmer Reil

I noticed stokerino talking about voice actors in a few threads, so I thought I'd make a thread for discussion :P

I don't really know why, but mostly because I just found this out:

The voice of 'Revolver' Ocelot in the Metal Gear series is none other than Patric Zimmerman...the voice of ELROY JETSON :|

John Cygan (Solidus) also voices a few minor characters in Star Wars games, especially and the KOTOR games.

Quinton Flynn's previous accolades don't surprise me in the least :shifty: The annoying whiny tones of Raiden were also the annoying whiny tones of Jonny Quest, Timon from the Lion King and Micky Mouse (in some, probably unofficial, games), Isaaru from FFX-2, just about every character that has a whiny voice in Crash Bandicoot, and voices of dying soldiers in the Command and Conquer and Call of Duty games :P He must be the world's most annoying person to have a conversation with.

Surprisingly, David Hayter (Snake) hasn't had any big roles, outside of Anime.

Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake) was Rocksteady in TMNT. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Vamp was voiced by a black guy from Cali :| Possibly the most far away from Romania as you can get. (But remembering Ocelot was Elroy fucking Jetson...and Sergei Guluckovic's voice dude also did additional voices for The Jetsons).

In fact, it's surprising how many MGS voice actors have worked on the same titles in the past (almost all of them supplied voices for at least one Tenchu game and one of either Star Wars or Star Trek, or both. Loads have minor roles in X-Men, and you'd be hard pressed to find one that hasn't voiced at least one character in at least one fantasy RPG since 2000).

I found all of this whilst looking for the guy who voiced Ocelot, but aside from guest appearances in Mad About You and Will and Grace, Christopher Randolph isn't credited with ANYTHING else :\).

Oh, and it's also weird how there's a voice actor called Scott Randolph,who managed to work on Metal Gear Solid 2, but not as the character Scott Dolph :P (the guy who DID voice Dolph voiced Mace Windu and Benjamin Sisko in Star Wars/Trek games, but played neither in the films :pinch: )

To add to the "people from one thing also doing others together", worryingly five of the Dawn of War voice actors voiced the Barbie games :P Also, all the Eldar voices were provided by the Sorceress from He-Man.

Holy shit! (sorry, writing this as I find more :P) Michael Bell manages to link loads of my favourite stuff. He was the Prophet and the Druid of the Talon's voice in Warcraft 3, did voices for Doom3, voiced the Druid in Diablo 2, a generic Russian soldier in MGS2, Raziel in Legacy of Kain, LOADS of Transformers, and guess what? He was in Johnny Quest too :P. Michael Bell - legend.

Glynnis Talken voiced Kerrigan in Starcraft, the Rogue in Diablo and Kashya in Diablo II (but I knew that because I've met her).

Yeah, that was a totally random post, but I'm tired and thought some of them were funny, then got carried away :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

David Hayter has also directed and written some comic book-to-movie adaptations.

Jonny Yong Bosch crops up as a voice actor in a lot of anime, not to mention being the former Black power Ranger.

...What can I say, I have a bizarre fascination with voice actors. :shifty:

Primarily anime VAs though, so most of what you said just there has just gone completely over my head. >_>

Not entirely sure what can be discussed on the subject, unless we were to get into specifics of who sucked in what, or who ruled in another... Hell, I could go on all day about how PAINFUL the Vandread dub is, or why Barbera Goodson ought to be SHOT, or how Tomokazu Seki is your GOD...but no one would understand nor care what I'm talking about.

It is cool finding crossovers ("no way, he was also *** in ******?!?") though. My favourite is still Takeshi Kitano (the Japanese voice of Asuka in Neon Genesis Evangelion) also being the Training Video Girl in Battle Royale...though Ocelot = Elroy Jetson comes pretty damn close I must admit.

Jonny Yong Bosch crops up as a voice actor in a lot of anime, not to mention being the former Black power Ranger.

Pfft...on the one hand he was good as Kaneda in Akira...on the other hand he played Claus in Last Exile, and that dub is fucking atrocious.

He also voiced Vash in Trigun, one of the main characters in Wolf's Rain, Sakaki in Witch Hunter Robin, and there are a few more I can't remember.

Pfft...on the one hand he was good as Kaneda in Akira...on the other hand he played Claus in Last Exile, and that dub is fucking atrocious.

Well, he was an excellent Vash the Stampede, in my opinion.

His Vash dub was iffy for me...there are moments of brilliance when he catches it perfectly, but he constantly slips in and out of it, sometimes reverting to a more shaky performance. He can capture Vash's goofy moments very well, but seems to have difficulty transitioning between them.

Haven't seen any of the dubs for Wolf's Rain or Witch Hunter Robin.

Edited by stokeriño

I love all the Metal Gear Solid Voice Actors nothing much more to say there.

Also one of my favorite Voice Actors is James Woods.

He does all the Hades voices for Disneys Hercules.

So yeah he is the voice of Hades in Kingdom Hearts (one of my favorite games). He also did the voice of Mike Toreno in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Oh and how about Lance Bass of NSYNC for the voice of Sephiroth?... what...just me? :shifty:

His Vash dub was iffy for me...there are moments of brilliance when he catches it perfectly, but he constantly slips in and out of it, sometimes reverting to a more shaky performance. He can capture Vash's goofy moments very well, but seems to have difficulty transitioning between them.

I believe he pulled off the transition from goofy/serious and such rather well. It amazes me how well he did, and my friend and I were discussing that today. Either way Vash's voice performance was done extraodinarily well, and much better than most anime dubs done. I'd say it's by far the best I can think of, at least widely known dubbed voicing.

He doesn't touch David Lucas as Spike Spiegel.

And I can see where stokie's coming from. The one problem there is that Bosch does this GREAT pretentious "dramatic, angsty hero" tone in the second episode where it's clear that Vash is full of it, but he doesn't really change the tone when Vash is actually being stoic. But I still like it.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Perso...l/personid-4849

He was Robin, Jonny Quest, Ma-Ti and Red Herring. Not to mention Lloyd in ToS.

That is one scary list.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0283253/

:wub:

Edited by Krauser

As far as video game voice acting goes, check and mate. Some real heavy hitters there, espeially for sci fi fans. Plus, it's nice to know Dwight Shultz and Tony Jay are still getting work.

Vamp was voiced by a black guy from Cali :| Possibly the most far away from Romania as you can get. (But remembering Ocelot was Elroy fucking Jetson...and Sergei Guluckovic's voice dude also did additional voices for The Jetsons).

'a black guy from cali'?! 'a black guy from cali?!' Is that all you can say about the mighty Phil LaMarr, one of the 5 actually entertaining people on Mad TV, and the voice of Samurai Jack, Hector Con Carne, The Preacherbo, The Green Lantern and Poop Dawg!?

Not even mentioning "I think I just shot Marvin in the head!!!"

Plus he was in KOTOR II, asshole.

Phil LaMarr is one of the best voice actors out there in my opinion. Very versatile and talented. There will be no hating on Phil LaMarr in this thread.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Wil Wheaton (a.k.a Wesley Crusher on Star Trek) was the voice of one of the radio stations on GTA: San Andreas. It was the voice of Richard Burns on Talk Radio. Little bastard doesn't go away does he? :P