Comic Discussion

TMM

I wanna know what people's opinions are on the House of M saga so far. I don't know the whole story about why Wanda went insane and killed Vision, Ant-Man and Hawkeye (just them isn't it?), but other than that I'm enjoying it.

I bought the two Excaliber issues as well as House of M #1 and I already can't wait for the next issue out. It's including about, 10 different books if I rememebr correctly. I think they want it to be as big as the Age of Apocalypse saga was, which I can understand.

Edited by The Monkey Molester

I'm collecting Batman cause Jason Todd rules, Nightwing and Outsiders. Picking up the Teen Titans tie into Outsiders too.

Sadly I've not the money to keep up with the whole Countdown saga, but thats what super-collector friends are for!

What is this whole house of M storyline, because if it results in Bullseye's death I am vehemently against it.

I'm collecting Batman cause Jason Todd rules, Nightwing and Outsiders.  Picking up the Teen Titans tie into Outsiders too.

Sadly I've not the money to keep up with the whole Countdown saga, but thats what super-collector friends are for!

What is this whole house of M storyline, because if it results in Bullseye's death I am vehemently against it.

Ok, I meant Hawkeye. I always get those two mixed up for some reason. <_<

From what can gather, the Scarlet Witch went insane (for some reason) and ended up killing Ant-Man, Hawkeye and Vision. Why she went insane I just have no clue, I only know that pretty much everyone who read the issue it happened in said it was so rushed and came off awful. Or something like that.

The House of M storyline has started with the New Avengers (Captain America, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, the Sentry, Iron-Man and Wolverine...not sure about Wolvy), the X-Men and Professor X coming together to decide the fate of the Scarlet Witch. Basically she's out of control and her powers are to, so they eventually agree (agree might not be the right word; give in is more like it) to kill her. I'll let you read it to find out more.

Edited by The Monkey Molester

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to sound desperate...but does anyone have Star Wars: Empire 2, 3, 8, 13 or 28 and are up for selling it? I've tried 8 different comic shops in the london area and have come up with nothing. I've also tried e-bay and I'm looking through Google now.

Failing that, does anyone here have a credit card and would be willing to order them for me on it, and I'll pay you back through PayPal? I've managed to find a site that has them, but they're from America and only take credit card...which I don't have. If anyone could help me I'd have your babies.

My monthly lot is:

Batman (Gave up on it years ago, until the Hush storyline sucked me back in)

GI Joe (Loved the original Marvel run as a kid, and Devils Due has done a good job with it.)

The Walking Dead (Greatest comic EVER!!! I would advise everyone to at least give it a try, awesome writing, awesome art...can't miss)

Starting in August, Devils Due is bringing the Dragonlance Chronicles to comic book form, and I will definitly be picking that up. (It's where my board name came from)

The House of M storyline has started with the New Avengers (Captain America, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, the Sentry, Iron-Man and Wolverine...not sure about Wolvy),

Am I the only person who's sick and fucking tired of wolverine? He's got his own book, he's in damn-near every X-Book, and now he's in the Avenger's too? Hasn't Marvel ever heard of over-exposure?

Yeah, it kinda pissed me off to. This is how he became a 'member' of the Avengers: he was taking a stroll essentially in the Savage Land, when the New Avengers dropped by in search of the recently escaped Sauron. I seem to actually recall him saying he was getting some fresh air, or something like that. There's no need for that much Wolverine.

The latest issue of X-Men's fucking superb:

"So what, are you in some kind of sissy emo band or something?"

Bwahahaha

Which X-Men are you talking about? there are about 1000 X-Men titles around right now :P

I recently bought a few old classics like:

-Batman: Year One

-Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

-Batman: The Killing Joke

-And I've started collecting the monthly Batman series again. In the lastest release, Jason Todd returns. It's going to be interesting how they will explain this.

The latest issue of X-Men's fucking superb:

"So what, are you in some kind of sissy emo band or something?"

Bwahahaha

Which X-Men are you talking about? there are about 1000 X-Men titles around right now :P

Fuck knows, it's the only one I can get over here. It's about a group of young mutants rebelling against Professor Xavier and causing a riot in the Mansion, it's fairly interesting.

Has anyone picked up the Secret War comics? I haven't gotten around to reading them yet, but the art in them is FUCKING amazing! I can't remember off the top of my head who the artist is, but jeez it's brilliant.

Has anyone picked up the Secret War comics? I haven't gotten around to reading them yet, but the art in them is FUCKING amazing! I can't remember off the top of my head who the artist is, but jeez it's brilliant.

If you think the art on that is amazing, try to get a hold of either DC's Kingdom Come or Marvel's Marvels, the artist being Alex Ross, if I'm not mistaken. Most realistic art I think I've ever seen on comics. Oh, and am I the only one to think that girl on the Secret War comics, the new character, can't quite remember her name, she's only shown in the flashbacks, is based on Angelina Jolie? She looks just like her!

I still haven't read the comic yet, but I think I know who you're talking about. I was looking through the Nick Fury - Secret War book and I saw this girl and I went "shit it's Angelina Jolie!" Ok, so I said in my head but that's not the point.

Oh, and the Alex Ross stuff is awesome. Might pick one of those up, dunno. I fell in love with his stuff after seeing the Spider-Man 2 opening (which is all his stuff).