Comic Discussion

TMM

Well, over the last couple of months I've gone insane when it comes to comics. Since my last payday (27th May) I've spent around £100 on comics, so this goes to show how into them I am now.

Basically I just wanted to have a thread to discuss comics, simply put. And also because the 'House of M' story-arc has finally begun, and after the first issue I'm in love with it.

I'm curious to know what comics you guys buy monthly/weekly, as well, these are mine:

X-23

Astonishing X-Men

New Avengers

Iron-Man

Star Wars: Empire

Star Wars: Tales

Gambit

Rogue

Yeah, discuss (Y)

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

Have any of you read "Sgt. Fury and His Howling Command?" I just started to read some my dad found at my grandparents (they were probley my uncles). They are 70's era comics about WW2, they are funny and cool in some sences just how many WWII GI stereotypes there are in there.

Sorry this is a little off topic....

Edited by TheTokenWhiteGuy

right now I'm mainly following Astonishing and Ultimate X-Men series, but I just started reading 100 Bullets, only a few books in so I can't form a much of an opinion on it yet, but so far I'm liking it.

Edit: Oh yeah, also reading The Walking Dead

Edited by BlackFlagg

I've really only found myself collecting the Punisher Max series, but I haven't bought one since Mother Russia: Part Six, soon as I get some cash I'm goin to go blow it on more comics.

Ennis writes an EXCELLENT Punisher. Welcome Back, Frank is one of the best things I've read in recent memory.

I collect all of the Ultimate line (Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Ultimates, plus mini-series), New Avengers, occasionally Spider-Man titles. Now I'm giving a shot to House Of M. On the DC side of things, I'm collecting the series that tie-in to this Infinite Crisis thing they have going on (Countdown To Infinite Crisis, Villains United, Day Of Vengeance, The Rann-Thanagar War, and The OMAC Project). I also collected the Green Lantern - Rebirth mini-series.

I collect all of the Ultimate line (Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Ultimates, plus mini-series), New Avengers, occasionally Spider-Man titles. Now I'm giving a shot to House Of M. On the DC side of things, I'm collecting the series that tie-in to this Infinite Crisis thing they have going on (Countdown To Infinite Crisis, Villains United, Day Of Vengeance, The Rann-Thanagar War, and The OMAC Project). I also collected the Green Lantern - Rebirth mini-series.

I just can't get into the Ultimate stuff. None of it appeals to me. I suppose it's because they're re-writing the characters history's, which killed any interest I may have had in them.

I bought the Fray graphic novel today, and I must say that it's really addictive. The artwork is brilliant and, of course, it's got the Whedon dialogue so you get the humour as well.

I just can't get into the Ultimate stuff. None of it appeals to me. I suppose it's because they're re-writing the characters history's, which killed any interest I may have had in them.

I bought the Fray graphic novel today, and I must say that it's really addictive. The artwork is brilliant and, of course, it's got the Whedon dialogue so you get the humour as well.

I've been reading the same crap as everyone else, apparently:

Astonishing X-Men

100 Bullets

Walking Dead

I'm also reading the DC Countdown minis since I enjoyed Identity Crisis much more than I reckoned I would. Villains United is the best of the lot, in my opinion. Any time you get Deadshot AND Deathstroke in one book, I'm a happy guy.

I'm a confessed Conan mark, so I'm loving that book, but sword and sorcery comics might not be everyone's cup o' tea.

I'm also enjoying the relaunches of Captain America and Iron Man as well as Ultimate Iron Man, but all 3 are running balls late, keeping me from being wholeheartedly enthusiastic. :angry:

100 Bullets is a good one.

Another one of my personal faves is Preacher by Garth Ennis about a half-angel/half-demon hybrid that is hunting down a cowardly and craven God to punish him for failing mankind. It's one of the best comics I've read. I don't know if it's still going as I got my stuff (issues 1-30) off ebay a few years ago.

100 Bullets is a good one.

Another one of my personal faves is Preacher by Garth Ennis about a half-angel/half-demon hybrid that is hunting down a cowardly and craven God to punish him for failing mankind. It's one of the best comics I've read. I don't know if it's still going as I got my stuff (issues 1-30) off ebay a few years ago.

I got into comics this year, but mainly read the main ones like Batman, Spider-man, Cable and Deadpool.... I feel ashamed. Also, this mini series called Angeltown.

However, I just stopped getting them, I dont know why. I just stopped.

I however do read the Fables graphic novels. I think Fables is an awesome comic, and I've brought nearly the whole series in Graphic Novels.

Also, because I enjoyed the movie, I brought a few Sin City graphic novels, which I'm reading now.

Basically, I don't read comics, but do buy the odd graphic novel.