Casual Fans: 33,620

Hardcore Fans: 480

Pure Fans: 118

Old School Fans: 1,321

MMA Fans: 177

Womens Fans: 539

Popularity: 76.0%

---------------------------------------------------

Segment 1: One-On-One With The Great One?

(10 Minutes)

The Rock made his way down the ring to kick off Smackdown!. He spoke about his recent rivalry against JBL and his Cabinet. Rock reminded us that he'd taken care of both of the Bashams and Orlando Jordan, that left just one member - JBL. Rock mentioned how The Great American Bash was just ten days away and it was then that Rock suggested JBL goes 'one-on-one with the great one'. JBL then slid into the ring from seemingly out of nowhere and took down Rock with a clubbing blow to the back of the head. Rock staggered to his feet as JBL came off the ropes looking for the Clothesline From Hell. Rock was able to duck the attack, though, and he laid out JBL with the Rock Bottom. JBL rolled out of the ring as Rock climbed the turnbuckles, raising his arm to the fans.

Overall Rating = 85.3%

Segment 2: JBL Versus Rock? It's On!

(7 Minutes)

Returning from the commercial break, we see JBL standing backstage with Josh Matthews. Josh asked if JBL would agree to face The Rock at The Great American Bash. JBL said that he will face Rock at The Great American Bash, but it won't be he who will be going 'one-on-one with the great one', that would be The Rock's honor, as JBL is truely the 'great one'. Layfield said that The Rock's time had come and gone, he was no longer great, and he didn't understand how he could even think that he could overcome JBL in a one-on-one match, after all, JBL is a 'wrestling God'.

Overall Rating = 79.0%

Segment 3: D-Von Dudley w/Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Johnny Nitro w/Joey Mercury, Melina

(12 Minutes)

D-Von was distracted by Melina at the very start of the match, and this allowed Nitro to get an advantage with some blows to the back of the head. Nitro then went for a back drop, but D-Von got out of it and hit a vertical suplex. D-Von pounded on Nitro with some hard shots and then hit an elbow drop which got a 2 count. D-Von put his opponent in the tree of woe, but was tripped on the other side of the ring and slammed groin-first into the ring post by Joey Mercury as the referee unhooked Nitro. Bubba chased Melina and Mercury around the ring until the action re-started in the ring. Nitro hit a spinning leg drop for a 2 and a half count. Nitro hit a snapmare and then wrapped D-Von up with a headlock. D-Von battled out but was rocked with a reverse DDT. Nitro then went for a suplex, but it was countered and he fell victim to a huge powerbomb by D-Von, who was unable to capitalise. The two got to their feet and exchanged blows. D-Von then connected with a diving shoulder block before climbing to the top rope. Mercury tried to interfere, but Bubba pulled him off of the apron. Nitro joined his opponent on the top rope and drilled him with a top-rope hurricanrana and a very near fall. Nitro went for a superkick, but it was ducked and he was nailed with a neckbreaker. Melina then got up on the apron and distracted the referee as Mercury slid into the ring. Mercury tried to get D-Von with a kick, but D-Von got out of the way and the kick smashed Nitro in the jaw. D-Von threw Mercury out of the ring and Bubba came in and aided D-Von by teaming up for the 3D! The referee turned around to see the cover and he made the 3 count. Mercury pulled Nitro out of the ring and MNM made a getaway up the ramp as the Dudleyz stood tall in the ring.

Winner: D-Von Dudley

Match Reaction = 65.6%

Match Quality = 65.0%

Overall Rating = 62.7%

Segment 4: Catfight

(5 Minutes)

Backstage in the divas' locker room we see Torrie chatting to some of the other divas, badmouthing Dawn Marie. The camera spins around to see Dawn Marie who has just entered the locker room, she was listening to Torrie's comments. Dawn slaps Torrie, causing Torrie to tackle her to the ground. The two fought it out on the floor as Charlie Haas and Lance Storm came in and pulled them apart. The camera sees Haas taking Torrie to the other side of the room, trying to restrain her. Storm then comes into the picture and smacks Haas over the back with a kendo stick. Haas falls to the floor in pain as Storm and Dawn walk off, smug looks on their faces.

Overall Rating = 78.4%

Segment 5: Long Refuses Eddie's Request

(5 Minutes)

Eddie Guerrero came out to the ring to huge chants of 'Eddie sucks!' He didn't seem to care as he got on the microphone. He said he was glad to be back on Smackdown! for one reason, and that's so he can finish off Rey Mysterio. He then called Rey out, saying he wasn't going to wait any longer, he was going to do this right now. Theodore Long came out, to Eddie's annoyance. Long told Eddie he would not be getting Rey Mysterio in singles action tonight. Long said that Eddie was yet to beat Mysterio, but he would get one more shot. One more shot, and then that was it, it would be over. That shot, announced Long, will be at The Great American Bash where Eddie will clash with Rey for the final time in a 30-Minute Iron Man match! Long then announced Eddie's opponent for tonight - Tajiri.

Overall Rating = 80.2%

Segment 6: WWE Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Tournament - Semi Final

Super Crazy vs. Psychosis

(18 Minutes)

Super Crazy and Psychosis met in the semi final of the Cruiserweight Championship number one contender tournament. Both men knew that if they won, they would meet Juventud next week on Smackdown!, with the winner facing Paul London at The Great American Bash for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Both started off eagerly, trying to get an early win. This produced a series of pinfall attempts, one being reversed into another repeatedly. Psychosis got annoyed quickly and knocked down Crazy with a straight right hand. Psychosis took advantage and delivered some chops in the corner. Psychosis went for a leg lariat in the corner, but Crazy moved and Psychosis landed hard on the mat. Super Crazy then knocked Psychosis out onto the apron with a dropkick. He flipped over the ropes and Psychosis on the apron, landing on the floor and pulling his opponent off of the apron with a powerbomb on the floor outside the ring! Crazy tried a dive from the ring steps, but was met with an axe handle to the gut and a kick to the mush. Back in the ring, Psychosis rocked Crazy with a hurricanrana before trying a bronco buster. The bronco buster was unsuccessful, but Psychosis managed to land on the ropes, turn and hit a bulldog. Psychosis slammed Super Crazy to the mat and climbed up-top, looking for his Guillotine Leg Drop. Crazy was able to get out of the way just in time, though. Psychosis went for another hurricanrana, but Crazy slammed him to the mat with a powerbomb. Crazy then hit the trifecta of moonsaults and was able to get the 3 count, advancing himself into the final next week.

Winner: Super Crazy

Match Reaction = 68.3%

Match Quality = 77.7%

Overall Rating = 75.8%

Segment 7: RAW Rebound

(6 Minutes)

The RAW Rebound was shown. It mainly focused on 'The Gauntlet To The Game' where Shelton Benjamin defeated Big Show - with the help of Chris Jericho - to go one step closer to facing Triple H.

Overall Rating = 82.0%

Segment 8: Tajiri vs. Eddie Guerrero

(17 Minutes)

Eddie Guerrero did not look happy as he came to the ring, and he showed it by rocking Tajiri with some stiff punches at the beginning of the match. Tajiri shook them off soon, though, and connected with his handspring elbow as Eddie whipped him across the ring. Tajiri then went crazy with kicks on Eddie, who had to dive out of the ring to get away. Outside, Eddie gave Tajiri some stinging chops and then threw him into the steel ring steps. The action returned to the ring, where Eddie nailed Tajiri with a back drop and followed that up by throwing Tajiri into the corner post shoulder first. Guerrero went to capitalise, but Tajiri countered, looking for the Tarantula. Eddie scouted it well, though, and managed to toss Tajiri over the top rope. Eddie held onto the top rope and slid under the second with a dropkick, sending Tajiri crashing into the apron. Guerrero took the action back into the ring and drilled Tajiri with a powerbomb which got a near fall. Eddie then hooked Tajiri up and connected with the 'Three Amigos' vertical suplex combination. Eddie then slapped his chest and climbed up-top. He took too much time playing to the crowd and Tajiri was able to get out of the way - Eddie was able to roll out of the move. Tajiri then nailed Eddie with a superkick for a 2 count. Eddie picked up Tajiri for an electric chair drop, but Tajiri span out and executed a hurricanrana. Tajiri then went for the Buzzsaw Kick, but Eddie ducked it and blasted Tajiri with a stalling brainbuster. Eddie pulled out of the count at 2 so he could deliver another brainbuster. Tajiri managed to flip out of this one, though, and he dropkicked Eddie onto the second rope. Out of nowhere, Rey Mysterio connected with a modified 619 to Eddie while he hung over the second rope. The referee didn't see the move, but he saw Rey and he tried to get him away from the ring. As the referee was occupied, Tajiri spat green mist into Eddie's face and then hit the Buzzsaw Kick for the 3 count.

After the match, Eddie stared at Mysterio looking angry, face covered in green mist.

Winner: Tajiri

Match Reaction = 74.2%

Match Quality = 72.9%

Overall Rating = 82.3%

Segment 9: Out Of Control

(5 Minutes)

Josh Matthews interviewed Rhyno backstage. Rhyno told Josh that if Batista was RAW's 'animal', then Rhyno was Smackdown!'s. He said he was out of control, just like a wild animal, and nobody could stop him no matter what he did. Rhyno then pounded his chest and walked off, only to return moments later, Goreing Josh! Rhyno breathed heavily as he looked down over the fallen Josh Matthews.

Overall Rating = 65.8%

Segment 10: The Champ Will Defend At The Great American Bash

(7 Minutes)

John Cena made his way down to the ring, ready for the main event. He grabbed a microphone and said that The Great American Bash was shaping up. There was to be The Rock against JBL, Eddie Guerrero against Rey Mysterio and even a WrestleMania 21 rematch between Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle. Cena said that now, The Great American Bash was complete - John Cena would defend his WWE Championship as he accepted Christian's challenge. He then said that tonight would be a double preview of The Great American Bash - Cena and HBK would beat Angle and Christian next, and that's what will happen at The Great American Bash, according to Cena.

Overall Rating = 83.7%

Segment 11: Main Event

John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs. Christian & Kurt Angle

(16 Minutes)

Shawn Michaels and Christian got the match underway, HBK getting the better of the encounter, executing a belly-to-belly suplex and a near fall from a victory roll. Angle tagged in and knocked down Michaels with some big clotheslines and then a German suplex. Cena got the tag and went to work on Angle with some stiff kicks and a nice suplex into a 2 count. Cena knocked Angle out of the ring and ducked a charging Christian, who got a Sweet Chin Music for his troubles. Angle and Christian re-grouped on the outside. Angle and Michaels tied up in the ring, Angle wrapping on a headlock before quickly trying the Ankle Lock, but Michaels got to the ropes. Angle drilled HBK with some suplexes and then he locked him in a body scissors near his corner. Christian tagged in and dropped a few elbows on HBK for a near fall. Christian hit a reverse DDT and got another near fall before tagging in Angle again. Angle went for the Angle Slam, but HBK reversed it into an arm drag. HBK hit a diving forearm and then went up-top. He connected with the elbow drop, but was then pulled down to the mat by his hair by Christian. Angle then tagged Christian in. Christian hit a DDT for yet another near fall. Christian then played to the crowd while climbing to the top rope, but he took too long and HBK countered with an axe handle to the gut. HBK hit a backbreaker and then was able to tag in the WWE Champion. Cena knocked Angle off the apron and then drilled Christian with a spinning powerbomb. He then connected with the 5-Knuckle Shuffle. Cena 'pumped it up' and lifted up Christian for the F-U as Angle came back into the ring. HBK went for the Sweet Chin Music on Angle, but the Olympic gold medallist ducked and Cena received the kick to the jaw. Angle hit the Angle Slam on HBK as Christian was able to roll up Cena with a crucifix pin for the 3 count.

After the match, Michaels checked on Cena as Angle and Christian celebrated on the ramp - Smackdown! went off the air.

Winners: Christian & Kurt Angle

Match Reaction = 82.7%

Match Quality = 71.4%

Overall Rating = 86.7%

Smackdown! Rating: 66.6%

Attendance: 8,828

user posted image

WWE Velocity Results

July 16th, 2005

Akio def. Shannon Moore

In an entertaining Cruiserweight contest, Akio pinned Shannon Moore to pick up a victory.

Match Reaction = 66.2%

Match Quality = 70.7%

Overall Rating = 72.0%

Billy Kidman def. Funaki

In the second Cruiserweight match of the evening, Billy Kidman defeated Funaki with the B-K Bomb.

Match Reaction = 66.4%

Match Quality = 68.4%

Overall Rating = 72.6%

The Bashams def. Scotty 2 Hotty & Nunzio

The teaming of Scotty 2 Hotty and Nunzio was not strong enough to beat The Bashams. The Secretaries Of Defense got the 'W' when Danny Basham rolled up Nunzio.

Match Reaction = 66.2%

Match Quality = 70.8%

Overall Rating = 74.2%

Mark Jindrak def. Matt Morgan

A brawl between two powerful superstars came to an end with Mark Jindrak getting the victory.

Match Reaction = 67.0%

Match Quality = 64.0%

Overall Rating = 69.5%

Velocity Rating: 76.1%

Attendance: 4,609

Once again this diary continues to head in the right direction, when I blink there is another update up, the content itself is very solid indeed. This is one of those diaries for me I will in a few months go back and read through again, and very few do that for me. Can't fault your commitment, and this is one of my favourite diaries on the board at the moment. Keep up this work, and I can't wait till The Great American Bash.

Read through the whole thing in a sitting, dawson, and there's good work here. Of course, your graphic talents add a nice visual hook to each show. I, unlike Katsuya, like to see promos written out, as it's part of the fun to see if a writer can capture characters as well as move storylines along. I've also noticed that you're leaning on certain booking devices a bit too much, specifically the tag team 4-ways and the HBK-decking-a-partner-with-a-superkick angle. Both have happened twice already, and I hope that's not a sign of further repetition to come.

Other booking questions:

--Gotta agree with Chris2k, Holly over Flair? Clean? ON HEAT? Nudging Flair into retirement is one thing, but that's the equivalent of heaving him out the door on his ass.

--Torrie v. Dawn is fast becoming Undertaker v. Kane with tits (i.e. it's a feud that's been done a few too many times). Wondering where exactly Miss Jackie might have toddled off to, as Torrie seems like an awkward fit with Charlie.

--The Raw and SmackDown Rebounds are pushing 10 minutes in some cases. Can't say I've ever seen one that long...yeah, okay, that's a real minor nitpick.

Now for some good news:

--I like Dupree joining back up with Grenier and Conway, as Rene always seemed to me like a poor man's Rick "The Model" Martel on SmackDown.

--Heidenreich and Eugene... (Y) I'd just worry for the poor boys if Regal wanders too far away from them, as he makes a wonderful "parental" figure for Eugene.

--Shawn Michaels to SmackDown was the best pick of the draft, I think. Lots of new possibilities for him.

--Greatly enjoying Rhyno and the Dudley Boyz with a new edge to them. You could get a little bit of mileage out of tying their resurgence to One Night Stand somehow. Announcers noting that they were "rejuvenated" and such, especially if Paul Heyman can make an on-air comeback in your game.

Finally, a format plus...I may like detail in my promos, but the matches, for the most part, are nicely summarized and easy to read. When you did go for the gusto at Vengeance, the matches seemed very well-paced for their time lengths...except the Cell match. HIAC lends itself to lots of dramatic laying around, which can artificially extend the match. Listed at 26 minutes, HHH-Batista seemed more like 40 or so when compared to the next longest bout, Benjamin-Hassan, especially considering that Benjamin's a much faster-paced worker than either HHH or Batista.

Still, fine work that can be easily caught up on by latecomers like me. Be sure to thank TAFKA for his repeated pimping that finally made me come search you down. I'll give this 8 out of 10 so far. Hope you don't burn yourself out with your current pace. I've tried to race the calendar with WWE before, and failed miserably. Good luck and happy writing.

I've also noticed that you're leaning on certain booking devices a bit too much, specifically the tag team 4-ways and the HBK-decking-a-partner-with-a-superkick angle.  Both have happened twice already, and I hope that's not a sign of further repetition to come.

Let's just say I'm going through a similar phase to the WWE when they had all of those 6-man tag team matches :P

--Gotta agree with Chris2k, Holly over Flair?  Clean?  ON HEAT?  Nudging Flair into retirement is one thing, but that's the equivalent of heaving him out the door on his ass.

I was trying to push Holly a bit on his RAW arrival, it hasn't gone down very well so far. You'll have to keep reading to see where Flair goes from here.

--The Raw and SmackDown Rebounds are pushing 10 minutes in some cases.  Can't say I've ever seen one that long...yeah, okay, that's a real minor nitpick.

I must admit, I've been using them as fillers sometimes, as I had nothing else planned for the show, but still had some time left and didn't want to stretch the other segments.

Be sure to thank TAFKA for his repeated pimping that finally made me come search you down. 

Thanks TAFKA :)

Thanks for all the comments people, all feedback has been, and is, appreciated. I'm glad you're enjoying the diary. Right, now onto Heat.

user posted image

WWE Sunday Night Heat Results

July 17th, 2005

Snitsky def. Tommy Dreamer

Snitsky overpowered Dreamer in this encounter, getting the 3 count after a pumphandle slam.

Match Reaction = 63.6%

Match Quality = 56.8%

Overall Rating = 60.5%

Robert Conway def. Stevie Richards

La Resistance's Robert Conway pinned Stevie Richards following a modified brainbuster.

Match Reaction = 66.0%

Match Quality = 66.4%

Overall Rating = 67.2%

Carlito def. Val Venis

Carlito Caribbean Cool put away veteran Val Venis with a small package that followed a low blow out of the referee's view.

Match Reaction = 69.2%

Match Quality = 60.9%

Overall Rating = 73.1%

Sunday Night Heat Rating: 73.8%

Attendance: 5,922

Now dats Cool (H)

Good Heat and I liked the Smackdown one of the best

I DONT like the tag team's that Micheals keeps on having, you have to ge tmore into that fued between Angle and MIcheals.

Tag Teams on SMackdown R Looking Great

I haven't read in awhile so here it is.

July 4th Raw

Liked seeing Dupree come over to Raw, I liked the original LR anyway. Maybe Conway will go over to SD! and get a singles push, he is getting over in my current WWE game and I'm looking to push him by himself. Cabana debut continued the start of the Batista/Edge feud, I don't know what to think of it yet but I hope you can get something interesting. I don't know about Benoit/Hassan hopefully it doesn't leave Benoit in the IC title ranks because I'd rather see him on SD! doing something bigger. I'd just like to note, having a 4th of July show in Canada is a big mistake

July 7th SD!

GAB with Angle/HBK should be good and Cena/Christian, thats the feud I'm looking for. Looks like Rock/JBL will be there too, if it is thats gonna be a great GAB.

July 11th Raw

Hmm, maybe a Regal/Benoit feud now. I would prefer that more then a Hassan/Daviari feud with the two. Awesome debuting was a little weird as last I heard he was retired/retiring and the only show he would work was the ONS stand one. I like the 4 Team match, you've got the Raw tag scene looking a little bit better. Shelton winning was expected but I don't know why you choose Show as the first person, considering he is a face.

July 14th SD!

I like the way the two chicks are being brought in too make this feud a little less, blah. Nice! The GAB card just gets better, Rey/Eddie 30 Minute Iron Man, it just getting better and better. Rhyno goring Matthews didn't do much for me but I guess it showed some heel character. The way SD! ended was good, HBK hitting the super kick on Cena was interesting and realistic. I think you have an amazing main event scene on SD! now with Rock, JBL, Christian, Angle, Cena and HBK. Should be some great possibilities, with 6 people too. Maybe something....elimination? *wink* *wink*

Edited by Cole

July 11th Raw

Shelton winning was expected but I don't know why you choose Show as the first person, considering he is a face.

I'd just like to point out, Big Show is a heel and has been since he came over to RAW (June 27) and trashed Jericho's Highlight Reel.

Edited by alldawson

I'd like to see Kurt Angle get up there in the world title ranks and it'd be boring to keep doing a hbk / angle feud when they've just finished 1 in actual wwe.

user posted image

Stevie Richards Released

June 18th, 2005

The WWE and Stevie Richards have mutually agreed not to enter new contract negotiations. World Wrestling Entertainment wishes Richards the best in all future endeavours.

user posted image

Stevie Richards Leaves WWE

June 18th, 2005

Stevie Richards' contract with the WWE has recently run out, and the WWE have decided not to negotiate with Richards for a new one. Stevie was a regular on Sunday Night Heat, but never quite reached great success. His biggest push in the WWE was probably his role in the group Right To Censor as Steven Richards. He played a part in ECW One Night Stand, but since hasn't been doing much, with just a few appearances on Heat. Whether he'll seek to get into an indy company here in America, or whether he'll travel overseas, we'll keep you informed on his situation.

user posted image

WWE RAW Preview

July 18th, 2005

Shelton Benjamin began the 'Gauntlet To The Game' last week on RAW. If he wins three matches against opponents of Triple H's choosing, then the two will meet one-on-one. Big Show was Shelton's first opponent, and Benjamin picked up a narrow victory thanks to Chris Jericho. Big Show will be out to get some payback on Jericho while Triple H will look to somebody else to try and take out Shelton Benjamin. 'The Game' has already announced Shelton Benjamin's opponent for this week - 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair. Will Benjamin be able to overcome the legend and move one step closer to facing Triple H? Or will he fall at the second hurdle? Tune into RAW to find out!

World Heavyweight Champion Batista made an unscheduled appearance last week, chasing away Edge and Lita after Edge had picked up a victory over Booker T. Will their paths cross again this week?

Also this week on RAW a match to determine the #1 contenders for the World Tag Team Championship will take place. It will be a four-team elimination match with the winners getting a shot at Simon System. The participants will be La Resistance's Rene Dupree and Sylvain Grenier, Eugene and Heidenreich, The Heart Throbs and The Hurricane and Rosey.

An unexpected, but effective debut occured last week when Mike Awesome appeared on RAW, interrupting a match between Tyson Tomko and Stevie Richards. We'll see what Eric Bischoff has in store for his newest RAW superstar.

Muhammad Hassan teamed with his manager Daivari last week as they picked up a controversial victory over William Regal and Chris Benoit. Benoit and Regal had some words for each other after the match and they didn't seem to be pleasant. Benoit meets Regal in a singles bout this Monday.

Don't miss WWE RAW this Monday on Spike TV!

Confirmed Matches:

Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair - Gauntlet To The Game

Chris Benoit vs. William Regal

Eugene & Heidenreich vs. The Hurricane & Rosey vs. La Resistance vs. The Heart Throbs - World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Match

Guest blueblood

I'm a new reader and I would like to tell you that your diary is great. I love the format and your matches are very easy to read. The Great American Bash is looking good I can't wait for RAW to get posted.

Keep up the good work you got another reader

This is one hell of a WWE diary. I have to be honest; WWE diaries tend to turn me off because everyone and their mother seem to do one. The only reason I checked this out was because of TAFKA posting how great this was in the vault. He said you had solid storylines and a fast pace for updates. Being a huge WCW '93 by JHS fan, I know how much slow updates can hurt.

So I come in and see your doing RAW &SD! Seems like a lot to chew but that's o.k. So far I've enjoyed Smackdown! way more then RAW. RAW seems to be running a bit of a stale streak with the only breath of fresh air being the Guerrero/Jericho feud which has now run its course. SD! on thee other hand has offered us Lance Storm's revival, MNM greatness and best of all a solid Rock return. His feud with JBL seems so realistic I can feel it in my bones. Cena and Christian is also a lot of fun although they haven’t had near the time to build their feud up. We need another "Marky Mark" comment!

All in all this is one great diary. Easy to read write ups, logical storylines, proper pacing and a lot of fun! Congratulations, you've just earned me as a reader!

Thanks once again for the feedback. It's good to know you're enoying it.

user posted image

WWE RAW

July 18th, 2005

WWE RAW

Show Level: Flagship

Length: 2 Hours

Time Slot: 9:00pm

TV Network: Spike TV

Brand: RAW

Tonight's Location: Kansas

Affluence: 65.0%

Interested Population: 35,000

Casual Fans: 26,250

Hardcore Fans: 1,715

Pure Fans: 359

Old School Fans: 1,750

MMA Fans: 438

Womens Fans: 0

Popularity: 79.7%

Segment 1: Shelton 1 Triple H 0

(4 Minutes)

A video recap of last week's main event was shown. Triple H's explanation of the 'Gauntlet To The Game' was shown and then him choosing Big Show as Shelton's opponent. It showed Jericho's interference against Show that led to Benjamin's victory and also the stare down that followed between Benjamin and Triple H. The words 'The Gauntlet Continues... Tonight!' flashed onto the bottom of the screen at the end of the video.

Overall Rating = 82.0%

Segment 2: 'The Game' And 'The Nature Boy' Arrive In Style

(1 Minute)

We're shown a short backstage clip of a limousine arriving in the parking lot in Kansas. Out steps Triple H and Ric Flair. They look around and head off to the locker room.

Overall Rating = 83.4%

Segment 3: Simply Awesome

(5 Minutes)

A Mike Awesome video was shown. It included some of his highlights from his ECW and WCW days and even showed a bit of his part in the WCW/ECW invasion of the WWE. It ended with his debut last week where he broke up a scheduled match between Tyson Tomko and Stevie Richards and destroyed both men.

Overall Rating = 64.2%

Segment 4: Mike Awesome vs. Tyson Tomko

(10 Minutes)

Jim Ross informed us that Eric Bischoff had booked Mike Awesome's first match against Tyson Tomko, at Tomko's request. Apparently he wanted some payback for what Awesome did last Monday. Both men exchanged some stiff blows early on in the bout, Awesome coming out on top and clotheslining Tomko out of the ring. Awesome then dazzled the crowd by running across the ring and diving over the top rope onto Tomko. Back in the ring, Awesome drilled Tyson with a big boot and then hit a sidewalk slam for a 2 count. Tomko tried to come back and connected with a powerslam, but Awesome was soon back on top of the action following a neckbreaker. Awesome slid out of a pumphandle slam attempt and rocked Tomko with a DDT before climbing up-top. Awesome connected with the Awesome Splash, but did not go for the cover. Instead, he showed his dominance and power by lifting Tomko up and slamming him hard to the mat with an Awesome Bomb for the 3 count.

Winner: Mike Awesome

Match Reaction = 66.0%

Match Quality = 65.2%

Overall Rating = 68.6%

Segment 5: First SummerSlam Match Is Made

(2 Minutes)

Backstage, Batista stormed into Eric Bischoff's office. The World Heavyweight Champion was clearly angry as he demanded a match against Edge tonight, he didn't care whether it was for the championship or not, he just wanted to get his hands on Edge. Bischoff said he couldn't make that match happen tonight, but he could make it happen live on pay-per-view. Bischoff told Batista he would be facing Edge on August 21st in the SummerSlam main event, where the World Heavyweight Title would be on the line! Batista seemed a little happier as he left the office.

Overall Rating = 73.8%

Segment 6: Chris Benoit vs. William Regal

(13 Minutes)

As a result of last week's differences between the two, Chris Benoit and William Regal met in singles action. Benoit made Regal's chest bright red early on with numerous stinging chops to the chest. The Crippler then drove Regal to the mat with a release German suplex. Benoit looked for the Crossface, but Regal was able to squirm out. Regal then reversed a Benoit whip attempt, sending him chest-first into the turnbuckles. Regal then connected with some vicious knees to the head, knocking Benoit to the mat and giving Regal a 2 count. Regal pulled Benoit into the center of the ring and nailed him with a tiger suplex for a near fall. Regal then locked Benoit in the Regal Stretch (modified STF). Luckily for Benoit, he was close to the ropes. Regal then hit a stalling vertical suplex and got yet another 2 count. Regal climbed up-top, but was cut off and superplexed by Chris Benoit. The referee got to a count of 8 before both men got up. Benoit connected with some more chops before landing a snap suplex and three German suplexes in a row. He then signalled for the diving headbutt and landed the move perfectly. He was able to get a cover, but not hook the leg - it wasn't enough to keep the Brit down. Regal then hit two side belly-to-belly suplexes, but upon going for a third Benoit countered and trapped his opponent in the Crippler Crossface. Regal had nowhere to go in the middle of the ring, so he was forced to tap out. Benoit released the hold and the referee raised his hand, but he was almost immediately struck from behind by Muhammad Hassan. Benoit fell victim to a double team from Hassan and Daivari, eventually being laid out with the Modified STO. Regal tried to help out, but he received the same treatment, falling victim to the Modified STO. Hassan stood tall, holding the Intercontinental Title up in the air to loud boos from the fans.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Match Reaction = 72.4%

Match Quality = 81.8%

Overall Rating = 78.3%

Segment 7: Smackdown! Rebound

(4 Minutes)

The Smackdown! Rebound was then shown, highlighting last Thursday's tag team main event between Christian, Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels, John Cena. It showed HBK's botched Sweet Chin Music that knocked out Cena and Angle and Christian's celebration from the ramp.

Overall Rating = 81.1%

Segment 8: There Will Be A New Champion At SummerSlam... Says Edge

(8 Minutes)

Edge made his way down to the ring with Lita. He took a microphone and said that the General Manager was out of line - booking him in a match that he hadn't even agreed to? That was outrageous according to Edge. He then said that it was a good thing that the match Bischoff booked was in Edge's best interests. Lita took the microphone and said that Batista may be 'The Animal' and he may have beaten Triple H three times in a row, but Edge was a superior competitor. He's better than Triple H, better than the rest of the locker room and even better than Batista. Edge said that Lita was right, Edge is better than Batista, and at SummerSlam he is going to do the one thing that Triple H has failed to do three times, and that's beat Batista. Not only was he going to embarass Batista, Edge told us, he was going to walk out of SummerSlam the World Heavyweight Champion!

Overall Rating = 73.9%

Segment 9: World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Match

Eugene & Heidenreich vs. The Hurricane & Rosey vs. La Resistance (Rene Dupree & Sylvain Grenier) vs. The Heart Throbs

(20 Minutes)

Before the match began, Simon Dean and Maven were shown backstage, title belts over their shoulders, watching the action on a monitor. The Heart Throbs' Romeo began the match against The Hurricane. Hurricane connected with a couple of suplexes early on and quickly tagged out to Rosey. Rosey came in and squashed Romeo with a running splash in the corner, following it up with a belly-to-belly suplex. A pinfall attempt was broken up by Antonio. Romeo was able to dodge another Rosey attack and found himself in the corner of La Resistance. He tagged in Sylvain Grenier, who attacked Rosey with some kicks to the mid-section and a dangerous elbow to the back of the neck. Dupree came in and double-teamed Rosey with Sylvain, managing to slam the big man down with a double spinebuster. This got Dupree a near fall. More double-teaming of Rosey ensued, first by La Resistance and then by The Heart Throbs as Antonio tagged in. Rosey seemed to be down and out, but out of nowhere he countered Antonio's diving cross body, dropping him with a powerslam. Rosey then staggered backwards into the corner of Eugene and Heidenreich. Heidenreich made the tag, entering the ring and quickly clearing it of Romeo, Antonio, Grenier and Dupree! Heidenreich began to do his march, but was shortly levelled by a Rosey clothesline. Everything broke down into a massive brawl with all four teams going at it. Action spilled to the outside leaving just Heidenreich and Romeo (the two legal men at the time). Heidenreich hit a big shoulder block and then tagged in Eugene who had just clambered onto the apron. Heidenreich lifted Romeo up onto his shoulders as Eugene dived off of the top rope with a clothesline, emulating the Legion Of Doom's move. Eugene hooked the leg and eliminated Romeo, and therefore, The Heart Throbs. The brawl on the outside calmed down as order was restored in the ring. Hurricane made a tag into the match, as did Sylvain Grenier. Hurricane charged, but got dropped onto the top rope with a flapjack. Rosey came in, but fell victim to the Au Revoir double team move from La Resistance. As the referee was concentrated on that, Robert Conway (who'd accompanied Dupree & Grenier) grabbed the French flag and clobbered The Hurricane with it. Hurricane staggered back into a roll-up by Grenier, who also got a hold of his tights - 1, 2, 3. The Hurricane and Rosey were eliminated. Heidenreich then knocked Dupree out of the ring with a big kick to the face. Grenier tried to attack, but Heidenreich ducked and Grenier walked straight into the Rock Bottom from Eugene! Eugene then connected with The People's Elbow as Heidenreich took out Dupree again. Heidenreich rolled into the cover on Grenier, getting the 3!

Eugene and Heidenreich were announced as the 'New number one contenders'.

Winners: Eugene & Heidenreich

Match Reaction = 66.9%

Match Quality = 65.5%

Overall Rating = 66.0%

Segment 10: The Gauntlet Continues

(6 Minutes)

Shelton Benjamin was backstage with Todd Grisham. Grisham asked Shelton if he was confident for his match tonight against the legendary Ric Flair. Benjamin said he was, because last week he beat the Big Show. This week, according to Benjamin, he would beat 'the man' Ric Flair and the gauntlet will continue. Shelton said that there was no man on the RAW roster who could stop Benjamin in his quest to defeat Triple H again.

Overall Rating = 69.0%

Segment 11: Chris Jericho vs. Robert Conway

(16 Minutes)

Jericho took the advantage early on, attacking Conway with some stiff chops. He then took Conway down with a lightning quick snap suplex for a 2 count. Jericho then landed some forearms to the skull of his opponent and rocked him with a hurricanrana. Y2J then went up top and levelled Conway with a missile dropkick for a near fall. Conway did come back, cutting Jericho short on a back body drop attempt with a kick to the face. He then connected with a powerful neckbreaker that got a 2 count. Conway lifted Jericho up, looking for a powerslam, but Jericho slithered out and shoved Conway into the corner before dropkicking him back into the turnbuckles. Y2J then seemingly went for a roll-up, but grabbed both legs, stood up and turned Conway over into the Walls Of Jericho. Luckily for Conway, they were still close to the ropes so he was able to break the hold. Jericho then looked for the Lionsault, but landed on his feet when Conway moved. Conway then nailed Jericho with a superkick and was able to crawl into a cover for a 2 count. Conway looked to tackle Jericho to the ground, but Y2J moved and Conway went flying through the ropes onto the apron. Jericho then went for a springboard dropkick, but Conway ducked. Conway was suplexed back into the ring and became a victim to the Lionsault, which got a very near fall. Jericho was then decked with a big boot from Big Show who had just come out of the crowd and entered the ring! The referee called for the disqualification as Big Show pounded away on Jericho. Conway tried to tell Show that he wanted to finish off Jericho by himself, but Show just threw him aside. Big Show chucked Jericho to the outside and threw him into the steel ring steps. He then took off the top part of the steps and put them aside before placing the bottom part between the ring and the security barrier. Jericho tried to attack, but Show beat him down quickly and then delivered a monstrous chokeslam onto the bottom part of the steps! Jericho yelled out in pain as Big Show looked satisfied.

Winner: Chris Jericho (via DQ)

Match Reaction = 69.7%

Match Quality = 74.5%

Overall Rating = 84.5%

Segment 12: Something He Has To Do

(2 Minutes)

Backstage we saw Ric Flair in the locker room, adjusting his knee pads, getting ready for his match against Shelton Benjamin in the Gauntlet To The Game. Triple H walked in and the crowd jeered. The Game told Flair he knew he wasn't going to disappoint like Big Show did last week. Flair said he wouldn't, he would end Shelton's challenge once and for all. Triple H then said 'Let's go' to Flair, but Flair didn't move. He told Triple H he wanted him to stay backstage, to let Flair handle Benjamin on his own. Triple H looked confused. The Nature Boy told Triple H he had to beat Shelton Benjamin one-on-one, no interference. Triple H demanded a reason, after all it was the 'Gauntlet To The Game'. Flair reminded Triple H that he lost to Hardcore Holly a few weeks ago on Sunday Night Heat. Flair told Triple H that he needed to get some confidence back, he needed to beat Shelton by himself. Triple H reluctantly agreed and watched Flair walk out of the locker room, headed for the ring.

Overall Rating = 88.4%

Segment 13: Main Event

Gauntlet To The Game (Match 2)

Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair

(17 Minutes)

Both men were ready for action and the looks on their faces showed it. Benjamin's was focused, ready for the challenge ahead. Flair's was one of determination - he had to prove that he is still 'the man'. The two locked up to get things underway, Benjamin quickly locking Flair in a headlock. Flair tried to escape, but to no avail. Benjamin connected with some knees to the stomach and then hit a clothesline, sending Flair to the mat. The Nature Boy clambered into the corner to get his bearings before the action continued. Flair got an upper hand with some knife-edge chops, Shelton's return chops were no match for Flair's. Flair hooked up a suplex, but Shelton flipped out shoved Flair into the ropes and nailed him with a spinning heel kick to the jaw for a 2 count. Shelton looked for the Stinger Splash in the corner, but Flair dodged it and then hit a thumb-to-the-eye, sending Benjamin reeling. Some more chops from 'Naitch' followed and then a Russian leg sweep and a near fall. Flair went to chuck Benjamin over the top rope, but Benjamin caught the top rope and landed on the apron. Flair tried to knock him off, but Benjamin ducked and clobbered him with a blow to the back of the head, sending him staggering into the middle of the ring. Benjamin then hit a springboard bulldog for a close 2 count. Benjamin got a waistlock on Flair, but Flair pulled the referee towards him and hit a muel kick. Benjamin fell to the mat and Flair got a near fall. The Nature Boy hit a knee drop and then went up-top. Benjamin was able to get up before Flair could execute a move and he threw Flair from the top rope into the center of the ring. A big back body drop to Flair followed. 'Naitch' staggered into the corner and was hit with the Stinger Splash from Benjamin. Shelton's T-Bone Suplex attempt was thwarted by Flair elbows. Flair got out onto the apron, signalling to the crowd that he wasn't going to be suplexed. Flair was then surprised by Shelton, who grabbed him from the ring and executed a T-Bone Suplex into the squared circle! The crowd went wild as Benjamin picked up the 3 count.

The referee raised Benjamin's arms for the victory as he rolled to the outside. Triple H then appeared, entering the ring after mouthing off at Shelton. He walked up to Ric Flair, who seemed to apologise. Triple H had a few words for Flair, which couldn't be picked up by the viewers. Triple H stormed out of the ring, fuming, as Flair sat in the corner - RAW went off the air.

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Match Reaction = 80.2%

Match Quality = 68.6%

Overall Rating = 86.6%

RAW Rating: 76.9%

Attendance: 7,685

Edited by alldawson

Guest blueblood

RAW was good.

I didn't like how you made Flair look like Tiple H's b*tch though. Well I guess that's what the WWE is doing but what happened on RAW really make him seem like nothing more then a lackey.

The Big Show assault on Jericho was good. When I read that I could picture it happening it real life.

I like what your doing with Awesome. I hope you contiue to push him. The WWE should have pushed him when he came in the Invasion but heh.

Like I said good show and i'll be waiting for another update.

(Y)

Guest RickyW

Awesome RAW. I like how the Batista/Edge feud is turning out, but the real gem of RAW is the “Gauntlet To The Game”. I loved the Flair segment, and I hope it one day leads to Flair finding something inside of him and leaving Triple H. God, would I love to see a Triple H/Ric Flair feud. I love how you handling Shelton (Who is one of my favorite wrestlers, I’ve been a huge fan since I first watched him do a 450 Splash on HEAT).

I think making Flair look like HHH's bitch was a good thing, as now I have a feeling Flair is going to turn face and break way from Triple H. Maybe turning on him during the Shelton and HHH match?

Good show, I'm starting to like the little Awesome debut. Although in my opinion it wasn't realistic, I think it gives Raw some new blood which is really needed.