Pure Fans: 2,642

Old School Fans: 2,737

MMA Fans: 1,960

Womens Fans: 1,076

Popularity: 79.6%

---------------------------------------------------

Segment 1: The Champ Is Here

(10 Minutes)

Michael Cole and Steve Romero welcomed us to Smackdown! this week (the absence of Tazz was not explained). Their introduction was cut off by the WWE Champion, John Cena. Cena made his way to the ring sending the crowd into a frenzy. The champion got a microphone and informed everybody that the champ is here. Cena spoke about his victory over Christian at The Great American Bash. The WWE Champion was shortly interrupted by Eddie Guerrero. Eddie said that the fans didn't want to see Cena out here celebrating that he's still the champion. According to Eddie, the fans wanted him to recall the four falls he won to defeat Rey Mysterio (the fans jeered). Guerrero then went on to say that the fans also wanted to know when somebody would finally be taking that belt from around Cena's waist - which Eddie had an answer to. Eddie said that he would be the one to take that title away from Cena because he'd already spoken to General Manager Theodore Long - if Cena accepts, then the WWE Title match for SummerSlam would be set - John Cena versus Eddie Guerrero. After a couple of insults, especially about how it took so long for Eddie to beat Rey, Cena accepted the challenge, confirming the Smackdown! main event for the pay-per-view.

Overall Rating = 82.2%

Segment 2: Mark Jindrak vs. Rhyno

(12 Minutes)

Rhyno continued to prove his animalistic ways by viciously attacking Jindrak before the match had officially gotten underway. Rhyno continued the assault, drilling Jindrak with big right hands and some hard kicks to the gut. Jindrak mounted a comeback, but it was cut short as a Jindrak powerslam attempt was countered by the 'Man Beast' into a reverse DDT. A 2 count followed. Rhyno regained control with some more powerful slams in the ring and out. Jindrak limped into the corner to pull himself up and narrowly dodged the Gore. Jindrak battled back with a big left hand blow, taking his opponent to the mat. Jindrak built up some speed, knocking down Rhyno with a couple of shoulder blocks and connecting with a big back body drop. Jindrak continued to rally with two hip tosses. He looked for the Mark Of Excellence, but Rhyno flipped out and hit a DDT. Jindrak staggered to his feet, clutching his head and quickly became a victim of the Gore. Rhyno confidently covered Jindrak and picked up the 1, 2, 3.

Winner: Rhyno

Match Reaction = 71.1%

Match Quality = 64.6%

Overall Rating = 69.6%

Segment 3: The Rock's Condition

(4 Minutes)

A few pictures of The Rock being attacked by JBL and his Cabinet at The Great American Bash were shown. Michael Cole informed the viewers that they expect Rock to be out of action for quite a while, with no set date for his return. Cole and Romero discussed the assault some more.

Overall Rating = 87.5%

Segment 4: Title Match Turned Down

(4 Minutes)

'The Juice', Juventud, came down to the ring with his newly won WWE Cruiserweight Championship belt around his waist. He picked up a microphone and yelled that he was the new Cruiserweight Champion. He was barely understand by the crowd as his Mexican accent came through. He seemed to be taunting the crowd and boasting that he is the Cruiserweight Champion. He was interrupted soon by Funaki, who got into the ring. Funaki told Juventud that he was challenging him to a match for the Cruiserweight Title, right now! Juvi backed off and denied Funaki's request for a title shot. He did, however, agree to face Funaki in a non-title match. Funaki eagerly accepted, but was blindsided by Juvi and the bell rang as a referee slid into the ring.

Overall Rating = 71.4%

Segment 5: (Non-Title)

Funaki vs. Juventud

(11 Minutes)

This non-title bout got underway with Juventud stomping on his opponent in the corner. Too much time-wasting let Funaki back into the match as the Japanese cruiserweight took down Juvi with a nice back body drop, following it up with a basement dropkick for a near fall. Juventud regained the momentum of the match, ducking a charging Funaki and holding down the top rope so his opponent went flying over it. On the outside, Juvi drove Funaki into the security barrier and connected with four chops to the chest that could be heard all around the arena, the crowd paying tribute to Ric Flair by shouting "Woo!" each time one occured. Back in the ring, Juventud got a 2 count from a roll-up. Funaki battled back with some right hands and then ducked under Juvi and came back at him with a flying forearm. The Cruiserweight Champion was rattled as Funaki continued to rally with more punches and kicks, hitting a hurricanrana for another near fall. Funaki then went up-top looking for a diving hurricarana, but Juvi countered with a devastating powerbomb. Both men staggered to their feet, 'The Juice' ducked a Funaki clothesline and took him to the mat with a school boy roll-up, getting the 3 count while having his feet on the ropes.

Juventud rolled out of the ring and retreated to the entrance-way, his title clutched to his chest and a cocky grin creeping across his face.

Winner: Juventud

Match Reaction = 69.8%

Match Quality = 77.1%

Overall Rating = 76.8%

Segment 6: Storm Will Defend The Belt Next Week

(6 Minutes)

Smackdown! General Manager, Theodore Long, was in his office backstage when Charlie Haas walked in. Haas asked Long why he wanted to see him and he got his answer. The GM told Haas that the injury Lance Storm suffered at The Great American Bash is not as serious as it was first thought to be. Teddy said that Haas pinning Storm at the pay-per-view meant that Haas was worthy a title shot. So, Long announced, next week on Smackdown! it will be Lance Storm versus Charlie Haas, one-on-one for the United States Championship. Haas happily nodded his head, smiling, as he left the room. Romero and Cole discussed the match just made at ringside.

Overall Rating = 71.5%

Segment 7: The 'Wrestling God' Speaks

(12 Minutes)

John Bradshaw Layfield came down to the ring via his limousine and the crowd booed loudly, a small "JBL Sucks!" chant began in the nearby crowd as the former champion walked by. JBL took a microphone and said that at The Great American Bash, he ended the speculation of who's show Smackdown! really is - it's his. Bradshaw said he had put The Rock on the shelf and he wouldn't return for many, many months. JBL then proclaimed that he also proved something else at The Great American Bash - that he is what he says he is, and that is a "wrestling God". The crowd jeered some more as JBL left the ring looking smug.

Overall Rating = 80.6%

Segment 8: Nunzio Will Face Debutant

(3 Minutes)

Nunzio came to the ring, ready for his match. Theodore Long then came out and informed Nunzio that his opponent tonight would be someone he hadn't faced before, as this would be his first night in the WWE. The GM then introduced Nunzio's opponent - the debuting 'Primetime' Elix Skipper. Cole and Romero were stunned and Nunzio looked uncertain, but still determined.

Overall Rating = 69.0%

Segment 9: Nunzio vs. Elix Skipper

(14 Minutes)

The debuting Skipper had the height and weight advantage and used it to dominate Nunzio in the early going. He slammed Nunzio to the mat with a body slam before coming back and connecting with a knee drop. Skipper locked in a rear chin lock, but Nunzio fought out of it, getting to the rope. Primetime looked for an outside crescent kick, but Nunzio dodged it and Skipper landed groin-first on the top rope, allowing Nunzio to dropkick him to the outside. Nunzio worked over his opponent on the outside, but a suplex attempt was countered and Skipper turned it into his own stalling vertical, smashing Nunzio back-first against the ring post to do some damage. Back between the ropes, Primetime worked on Nunzio's back, using a surfboard move and a rear chin lock with his knee dug into the back of his opponent. After some chokes in the corner, Skipper hit a powerslam for a 2 count. Nunzio tried a late rally, but was cut off quickly as Skipper connected with a superkick to get the 3 count and a victory on his debut.

Winner: Elix Skipper

Match Reaction = 64.2%

Match Quality = 75.8%

Overall Rating = 76.3%

Segment 10: The Rivalry Continues

(8 Minutes)

Backstage, Josh Matthews was standing by with 'HBK' Shawn Michaels. HBK said he was "the icon, the main event, the showstoppa" and he showed it last Sunday by beating Kurt Angle. Michaels also told us that one thing he couldn't stand was cowards, and that is what Kurt Angle is for his attack on Michaels after their match at The Great American Bash. Shawn then began to say if Angle wanted to settle the series, as it was tied at one-one now, HBK would gladly accept a match for SummerSlam, but he was cut off as the Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle attacked from behind. Angle pounded away at Michaels, but HBK fought back and the two brawled wildly all around the backstage area, crashing into boxes, tables and walls. Numerous backstage crew and officials rushed towards the brawl and eventually managed to break it up, both men yelling at each other. On commentary, Michael Cole said it looked like this rivalry between Angle and Michaels had gone well behind deciding who was the better athlete.

Overall Rating = 81.8%

Segment 11: The Champ Is... In The Pit?

(8 Minutes)

As the Smackdown! fans waited for the next thing to happen, they were shocked as bagpipes began to play loudly around the arena. The familiar Scottish music introduced 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, who came out onto the stage and threw his hands in the air as the crowd cheered. Piper was wearing his usual black leather jacket, kilt and wrestling boots. He had a microphone in his hand and he spoke once his music had died down. Piper told us that Piper's Pit was once again making a return, but this time it was for good! We were informed that Piper's Pit would be exclusive to Smackdown! and it would start again next week. His first guest? Non other than the WWE Champion, John Cena!

Overall Rating = 86.6%

Segment 12: Main Event

Super Crazy vs. Billy Kidman

(16 Minutes)

Super Crazy came into this match the favorite, having narrowly missed out on winning the Cruiserweight Championship a few days ago having won the Cruiserweight Title number one contender tournament. Kidman, however, was knocked out in the first round of that tournament and according to Cole at ringside, he had something to prove.

The match began with a lock up in the middle of the ring, Kidman getting control and taking down Crazy with a headlock. Frequent reversals followed, causing the crowd to applause at the end of the sequence. Kidman then took control, dropping Crazy to the mat and grabbing a headlock. Crazy came back, but Kidman flipped out of a back drop attempt, dropkicking Crazy into the corner and into the steel ring post. On the outside, Kidman slammed Crazy to the mats and hit a leg drop off of the apron before returning to the ring. Kidman tried to wear down Crazy with a sleeper hold, but Crazy battled out and connected with a hurricanrana. Crazy built up some momentum and took Kidman to the mat with some unique kicks and he got a 2 count after a springboard moonsault from the apron. Super Crazy charged at his opponent, but was the recipient of a near fall after Kidman connected with the B-K Bomb. Kidman signalled that it was all over, climbing up-top looking for the Shooting Star Press. Kidman missed the move, though and walked straight into an overhead slam by Super Crazy. The Trifecta Moonsault combo followed and Crazy got the 3 count.

Winner: Super Crazy

Match Reaction = 72.0%

Match Quality = 74.1%

Overall Rating = 73.8%

Smackdown! Rating: 65.7%

Attendance: 7,547

(Note: I know the matches didn't involve any of the big guys, but I thought they needed a bit of a rest from in-ring action after having competed at The Great American Bash, so I gave some of the lower carded guys a chance to shine.)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its a bit late now, but Ive just read throught your diary, finally lol and I though that your Great American Bash card was so much better than the real G.A.B just passed! Keep up the good work!

Edited by destroyed

Guest Deathblow

Nice diary here. I've been reading for a while. Sorry I couldn't drop a reply earlier. But anyways good diary. I Gotta ask where was Captain Charisma?

Yeah I gotchya. Just though maybe Christian would have gotten a bit more then that. Like an interview or somethin. It's cool though. Nice to see some of the guys who are lower down the card, given a chance to shine.

Edited by Damnination

user posted image

WWE Velocity Results

July 30th, 2005

The Dudley Boyz def. The Bashams

After falling to MNM at The Great American Bash, The Dudleyz got back into their winning ways as Bubba pinned Danny after a Bubba Bomb.

Match Reaction = 67.8%

Match Quality = 66.6%

Overall Rating = 74.2%

Dawn Marie def. Miss Jackie

In this battle of Smackdown! divas, Dawn Marie defeated Miss Jackie following a roll-up in which she held the ropes for leverage.

Match Reaction = 64.8%

Match Quality = 32.0%

Overall Rating = 38.9%

Rey Mysterio def. Christian

Both men chalked up a loss at The Great American Bash, but Rey Mysterio came away the victor here, picking up the pinfall after hitting the 619 and a springboard leg drop.

Match Reaction = 79.6%

Match Quality = 79.4%

Overall Rating = 77.8%

Velocity Rating: 42.8%

Attendance: 4,643

REY OVER CHRISTIAN? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN? Nah, just kidding. I would like to say firstly that this is my favourite diary ever. I wish I could do graphics like you, I'm considering using your template for posting results in my WCW show in the future and this is well written.

There are a few gripes, like realism (The Rock and Lance Storm?) but then again - who cares about realism? I think Eddie going from Smackdown to Raw to Smackdown was an unfortunate waste. You should have kept Eddie on Raw and did an interpromotional thing for Summerslam.

However, this is a federation that people should take note of. The booking is better than the WWE because you are having maybe 5-6 matches a show (something unheard of in WWE these days). You clearly show knowledge, balance and patience. For example, you don't have The Rock vs. Triple H in an iron man match on Raw every week. You know Velocity and Heat are for both matches for up and comers as well as a tool to promote PPV's. You know Raw is to set up pay per views as well as putting on matches and angles that keep people watching the tools of PPV promotion. You also know how to put on a great pay per view - One Night Stand, Vengeance and Great American Bash were great!

Quick question though: are you playing two games at once or something in order to achieve this? Also, are you having two pay per views in October (Taboo Tuesday and No Mercy)?

Christian's alrite but whats more stunning is where is Angle & HBK?

Michaels and Angle were both on Smackdown!, just not in matches.

I think Eddie going from Smackdown to Raw to Smackdown was an unfortunate waste. You should have kept Eddie on Raw and did an interpromotional thing for Summerslam.

Quick question though: are you playing two games at once or something in order to achieve this? Also, are you having two pay per views in October (Taboo Tuesday and No Mercy)?

I was thinking of doing an interpromotional match between Eddie and Rey, but the WWE is always saying how WrestleMania is the one time of the year when RAW superstars and Smackdown! superstars can come together in a match.

I don't understand what you mean by playing two games at once?

This year, Taboo Tuesday falls on Tuesday November 1st, so no there won't be two PPVs in October, but there will be two in November (TT, Survivor Series). The same applies for next January (I don't want to taint the diary, but at the moment I'm pretty condfident I can keep it going until at least then) as there will be both New Year's Revolution and the Royal Rumble.

I really enjoyed that Smackdown!, it goes to show that the WWE doesn't need all it's big name talent to have a good Smackdown!, it certainly helps but you pulled it off in a way that made it not really noticeable.

Glad to see Eddie is going after Cena, I hope you make it a low down and dirty game, seeing as that is Eddie's gimmick and Cena's fighting style. Keep up the brilliant work ^_^

user posted image

WWE Sunday Night Heat Results

July 31st, 2005

Hardcore Holly def. Tyson Tomko

A power-filled encounter began Heat this week, Hardcore Holly beating Tyson Tomko with the Alabama Slam.

Match Reaction = 68.2%

Match Quality = 55.7%

Overall Rating = 71.9%

(Non-Title) Simon System def. The Hurricane & Rosey

In a non-title match, Simon System defeated The Hurricane & Rosey when Maven hit a modified backbreaker on Rosey.

Match Reaction = 68.2%

Match Quality = 62.0%

Overall Rating = 73.8%

Daivari w/Muhammad Hassan def. Tommy Dreamer

Daivari was dominated by Dreamer for most of the match, but Hassan's timely intervention, led to Daivari getting the pinfall. Hassan assaulted Dreamer after the match, wrapping him up with the camel clutch. Chris Benoit ran down to the ring, saving Dreamer and sending Hassan and Daivari running.

Match Reaction = 65.0%

Match Quality = 60.9%

Overall Rating = 60.1%

William Regal def. Chris Masters

Chris Masters' impressive run came to an end when William Regal beat him with a brutal knee to the head.

Match Reaction = 66.0%

Match Quality = 59.0%

Overall Rating = 64.1%

Sunday Night Heat Rating: 61.8%

Attendance: 3,999

William Regal def. Chris Masters

Chris Masters' impressive run came to an end when William Regal beat him with a brutal knee to the head.

Match Reaction = 66.0%

Match Quality = 59.0%

Overall Rating = 64.1%

YAY!!! Take that Chris Masters, you shit! And that's why I love this diary! (Y)

So, when's Raw?

Edited by ChrisTheHornyBrick

I don't understand what you mean by playing two games at once?

Oh, so are you playing on a scenario then that has WWE as one big fed then? There are quite a few scenarios that list Raw and Smackdown as seperate entities.

Edited by LBTN 4:20

Guest Prototype

Good SD. Eddie/Cena should be a good feud. Im assuming we will get HBK/Angle and JBL/Rock rematches at SummerSlam. I hope you still push Christian. A feud with Rey could be good.

user posted image

WWE RAW Preview

August 1st, 2005

This Monday night, RAW comes to you just under three weeks away from SummerSlam!

Last week's main event saw Batista defeat The Big Show after some interference by Edge had gone amiss. Chris Jericho then made the save for Batista as Big Show and Edge had began to double team the champion. This week the four men will see tag team action as Batista teams up with 'Y2J' Chris Jericho to take on Big Show and Edge!

Shelton Benjamin completed the 'Gauntlet To The Game' successfully last week as he disposed of Triple H's third man - Snitsky. Benjamin gets the night off from in-ring battle this week, but will any mind games occur between he and his SummerSlam opponent, Triple H? Triple H is in action this week, though, as he takes on Rob Van Dam! Will Triple H be able to defeat 'Mr. Monday Night' without Ric Flair in his corner? Flair is still at home 'getting his head together' and will not be at RAW again this Monday.

'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit issued a challenge to Muhammad Hassan last week for a match at SummerSlam. He said he didn't care whether the Intercontinental Title would be on the line, he just wanted to get his hands on the Arab-American. Will Hassan give an answer this week? Tune into RAW to find out.

Carlito fell to the returning Rob Van Dam last week in singles action, but he seems to have gotten over the loss very quickly. This week the Cabana returns to RAW with a 'special guest' which Carlito seems very excited about.

Cracks began to show in La Resistance's alliance as Conway stormed off, having been lectured by Grenier and Dupree after they lost to Mike Awesome in a handicap match last week. This week they will try to get back to normal as they meet Heidenreich, Eugene and William Regal in six-man tag team action!

All this and more this Monday night on RAW!

Confirmed Matches:

Batista & Chris Jericho vs. Big Show & Edge w/Lita

Rob Van Dam vs. Triple H

Eugene, Heidenreich & William Regal vs. La Resistance