WWE 2005

alldaws1

I liked NBT winning by DQ in the first match, I could see MNM as the tag team who does anything to get what they want, and this match seemed fine to me, nothing more to say about it really.

The women's title match was a surprise. Not because of the double win thing, but because it looks like you're actually giving the belt some importance, which I don't think anybody really has in diaries.. or real life for that matter lol. Maybe getting come more competition would be good, bring back some of the divas that were fired and I think you've got yourself a pretty nice women's division.

The Flair/Triple H scene seemed pretty realistic, I can imagine Triple H saying all of that stuff in real life, so there was really nothing wrong with that.

The cruiserweight match was kind of predictable, with Juvi and Skipper as the final two and all. There's not much wrong with this match, it's well written. I didn't really like Super Crazy going out first because I hate Chavo, but it's alright :P.

Now this is probably the only match that I really didn't understand. Muhammad Hassan is a rising star, which is the perfect time for a worker to hold the Intercontinental Title. Chris Benoit has had a 4+ month world title reign, and him winning the belt doesn't really help his image, it just brings down Hassan's. On the other hand, this could be a way to bring the Intercontinental Title's image up like it was back around 2000, when Triple H, Kane, Jericho, Benoit and these guys held the belt. We'll see what you do with this, hopefully we can see some great IC title feuds and matches like the old Benoit/Jericho series.

Now we come to Shelton/Triple H. This match was pretty good, it was the standard Triple H match against any face, it was written well and it had a great ending. I did expect Ric Flair to turn at the pay per view, I was going to include it in my predictions but I forgot. I don't really agree with Shelton winning, I would've liked to see maybe Triple H get the win and start celebrating like a jackass ignoring Flair, then getting punched in the face. But, this way works as well for me.

This was probably my favorite match between HBK and Angle. Two of my favorite wrestlers, so I didn't really mind which way this went. I have to say I'm pretty surprised that you made Michaels win, but it's not too big of a deal. There's not much to say on this match, great job on it.

John Cena and Eddie Guerrero was a surprise to me. First, I REALLY disagree with two matches ending by DQ in one night. The fact that they disqualifications are different, one is a cheap one to retain the title, and one is just the champion wanting to whoop the challenger as bad as he could. I still don't understand the DQ, I think if you wanted to continue the feud, you could've made Cena win the belt by cheating, and Eddie screaming on smackdown that he deserves another shot. I wouldn't have minded this match if MNM retained cleanly.

And here we are at the main event. I was surprised to see that you got the women's title involved here, but it raises its image with the fans if it's involved with the world title match I guess. I really would've liked for Edge to win this one, but then again I see Edge as a more versatile wrestler than Batista, and I don't think you could a lot with Batista if he wasn't the monster with the world heavyweight title belt, so I expect a pretty big run with the title for Batista. The ending was pretty good, it fits in with the "I'm big enough to whoop the world" style of Batista, and itf fits in with the way the match was written.

Overall, it was a great show, I'll give it an 8/10.. Oh, and your graphics are fantastic. Every time I enter this diary it makes me feel bad for my diary banner in my signature :P.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest slider991133

Awesome job man, Summerslam was great. Everyone's been saying it, but the graphics are really nice. Keep up the good work. (Y)

Edited by slider991133

waz written very well... came 3rd on the prediction contest but didnt get the one that counted... hbk over angle, lol. You dont like Angle u made him job to HBK twice since u started but ahhh good job mate.

waz written very well... came 3rd on the prediction contest but didnt get the one that counted... hbk over angle, lol. You dont like Angle u made him job to HBK twice since u started but ahhh good job mate.

If I pushed and gave lots of victories to people I like, then it wouldn't be a realistic diary. I actually think Angle is brilliant, he's one of my top 5 favourite wrestlers of all time.

Edited by alldawson

Will it affect WWE 2005 though?

Unfortunately, yes it will. Count this diary as being on the dreaded 'hiatus', although I'm not sure it will return. We'll see how my next diary goes. I'll probably have the urge to return to this sometime, so I'm keeping my save game so I can carry on where I left off if I decide to continue with it.

Will it affect WWE 2005 though?

Unfortunately, yes it will. Count this diary as being on the dreaded 'hiatus', although I'm not sure it will return. We'll see how my next diary goes. I'll probably have the urge to return to this sometime, so I'm keeping my save game so I can carry on where I left off if I decide to continue with it.

:(

It's a shame... You've been booking some great things with the WWE. But at least you're still booking - and now it's my favourite fed ever. Are you doing a certain time period of WCW or are you doing this WCW 2005 I've heard references to?

Guest RickyW

Damn it alldawson, this is the best WWE diary I've ever read...Seeing as you've earned my respect as one of the better diary writers, I will read your WCW one...but I'm still upset with you stopping this one.

PLEASE come back to this diary someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my planned WCW diary never materialised. I couldn't get a good game going and realised that I could write for WWE and it's superstars better. So, after a short break, WWE 2005 is back.

user posted image

WWE SummerSlam Buyrate

August 22nd, 2005

The buyrate for WWE's SummerSlam is in and has been confirmed as 0.71 - a total of 310,821 buys. The show rating was 77.9%.

user posted image

WWE RAW Preview

August 22nd, 2005

Last night at the joint-brand extravaganza that was SummerSlam, the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, successfully defended the title, beating Edge impressively. We'll definitely be hearing from 'The Animal' as his reign now expands to nearly five months.

Edge will be at RAW this Monday, but it's almost certain that he won't be in a very good mood after failing to capture the World Championship at SummerSlam.

Ric Flair shocked the wrestling world at Sunday's pay-per-view when he turned on long-time friend and stablemate, Triple H. Flair's actions cost 'The Game' his match with Shelton Benjamin and put his World Heavyweight title aspirations further aside. Triple H will surely want answers from 'The Nature Boy', but will he get them? Flair returns to in-ring action this week, as he battles Chris Masters.

At SummerSlam, Chris Benoit made Muhammad Hassan tap out, ending the Arab-American's win streak on RAW. Benoit walked away WWE Intercontinental Champion, but with his remarks the other week about not caring for the belt, what will his reactions be?

Muhammad Hassan will also see action this Monday as he tries to recover from his Intercontinental Title loss by facing Rob Conway.

Huge controversy surrounded the WWE Women's title at SummerSlam last night. Trish Stratus and Lita seemingly both won the title, when two referees counted one woman down for the three. Lita took the belt with her after the match, but Trish returned during the main event and took it back. The situation will have to be sorted out by General Manager Eric Bischoff.

Also at SummerSlam, Chris Jericho made a surprise appearance, attacking The Big Show. Their heated rivalry is threatening to take over RAW - will Eric Bischoff be able to handle it?

Also on this Monday's edition of RAW, the World Tag Team Championship gold will be up for grabs as the long-awaited match between current champions Simon System defend the titles against Eugene and Heidenreich!

Finally, The Undertaker sent a message to the 'Legend Killer' Randy Orton at SummerSlam, predicting that he would 'rest in peace' at Unforgiven. Will Orton be present to respond? Will Bischoff sanction the match for Unforgiven? We'll find out tonight as we'll be just under four weeks away from the RAW-exclusive Unforgiven pay-per-view.

Don't miss RAW tonight for the SummerSlam aftermath!

Confirmed Matches:

Ric Flair vs. Chris Masters

Rob Conway vs. Muhammad Hassan w/Daivari

Eugene & Heidenreich w/William Regal vs. Simon System © - World Tag Team Championship

Guest substyle

wooot, thank god you're back :P lol, i was hoping the wcw diary won't go well, lol, dunno anyone on wcw so it would've been hard for me to follow your diary. lol, thank goodness youll continue this one, been fan of your work since i was in your e-fed