WWE 2005

alldaws1

Guest RickyW

Actually, it would be perfect. Have Flair turn on Triple H leading up to his first encounter with Shelton (Assuming he beats the gauntlet). Then put Flair in his corner.

Flair could work wonders on Shelton and perhaps help him get to the next step.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great diary, one I definately will keep my eye on. I skimmed up to Vengeance to get a jiff of what is going on, and then read the rest fully, and was it worth it.

The Great American Bash looks to be great. Cena versus Christian should have dragged out more in real life, and I'm glad you have given them the chance here. The Rock's debut got me buzzing, I'm glad you did it. Him vs. JBL will be good. The Cruiserweight tournament has me excited over the division again, too.

SummerSlam will be jam packed I can only assume with three RAW matches. Batista / Edge, Benjamin / HHH and Jericho / Show are all intriguing.

Keep it up

Kevin

user posted image

WWE Smackdown! Preview

July 21st, 2005

Last week's Smackdown! main event saw Christian pin WWE Champion John Cena in a tag team match. HBK Shawn Michaels' botched Sweet Chin Music took out his partner Cena, and Kurt Angle then took out HBK with the Angle Slam. With just three days to go until The Great American Bash, what will be in store for these four men?

John Cena will be performing the first release off of his 'You Can't See Me' album - Bad, Bad Man - live on Smackdown! You don't want to miss this!

Rhyno took out Smackdown! interviewer Josh Matthews last week with a vicious Gore. Teddy Long has forced Rhyno into singles action to pay for his actions. 'The Man Beast' takes on The Rock!

Speaking of Rock, last week JBL agreed to meet him at The Great American Bash in one-on-one action. We'll see if the two collide this week.

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio will be just three days from their 'final' encounter at The Great American Bash. Will the two be able to keep their cool and not get involved in another physical battle? Or will they both erupt on Smackdown!?

Super Crazy advanced to the Cruiserweight Championship number one contender tournament final last week as he beat Psychosis. This week on Smackdown!, the final of the tournament takes place as Super Crazy battles Juventud in what should be a thrilling match-up. The prize for the winner? A shot at Paul London and his Cruiserweight Championship this Sunday at The Great American Bash.

Torrie and Charlie Haas were both victims of an attack by Dawn Marie and Lance Storm last week on Smackdown!. Torrie will meet Dawn Marie in a singles bout this Thursday - Haas and Storm will be at ringside.

D-Von Dudley defeated Johnny Nitro in singles competition last week. This week the other two square off as Bubba Ray takes on Joey Mercury. This time, however, Johnny Nitro and D-Von Dudley are banned from ringside. There's also a stipulation been announced. If Bubba Ray wins, the Dudleyz get a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship. If Mercury gets the 'W', MNM won't have to defend their titles at The Great American Bash.

Tune into Smackdown! this Thursday, just three days away from The Great American Bash!

Confirmed Matches:

The Rock vs. Rhyno

Super Crazy vs. Juventud - Cruiserweight Title #1 Contender Tournament Final

Torrie w/Charlie Haas vs. Dawn Marie w/Lance Storm

Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Joey Mercury w/Melina

new update :crying:

i cant wait YAY

I think Its Obvious JBL is gonna interfere in the Rocks match. C;mon suprise me :shifty:

Looking forward to the final CW match

Im only lookin forward to Torrie and Dawn if its Bra and Panties and we get pics

*hmph -_- *

Looking forward to Bubba v Joey but really wanna see the actual tag match :devil:

Looking forward to it

This is turning out to be one of my favorite diaries. I think the draft picks were great and I'm loving the Angle/HBK fued. WWE cut that too short, in my opinion. I mark out for Christian, but Cena is one of my favorites. It's going to be a great match at the Bash!

user posted image

WWE Smackdown!

July 21st, 2005

---------------------------------------------------

WWE Smackdown!

Show Level: Flagship

Length: 2 Hours

Time Slot: 8:00pm

TV Network: UPN

Brand: Smackdown!

Tonight's Location: Michigan

Affluence: 36.9%

Interested Population: 43,000

Casual Fans: 32,809

Hardcore Fans: 2,334

Pure Fans: 163

Old School Fans: 2,089

MMA Fans: 744

Womens Fans: 662

Popularity: 81.3%

---------------------------------------------------

Segment 1: Main Event Recap

(5 Minutes)

To kick off Smackdown!, we were shown a video recapping the events of last week's main event between Christian/Kurt Angle and John Cena/Shawn Michaels. The highlights of the match were shown, with the ending being shown a few times as HBK accidentally hit Cena with the Sweet Chin Music, allowing Christian to get the victory for his team. The video ended with Christian and Kurt celebrating on the ramp.

Overall Rating = 81.3%

Segment 2: Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Joey Mercury w/Melina

(11 Minutes)

Bubba and Joey's tag team partners, D-Von Dudley and Johnny Nitro were banned from ringside for this match. Bubba knew that if he won, the Dudleyz would get a shot at the tag team championship, but if Mercury won there would be no tag team title match this Sunday at The Great American Bash. Bubba took it to Mercury in the early part of the match with some hard shots and a big back body drop. Mercury battled back, but was dropped with a powerbomb by his opponent following a botched hurricanrana attempt. Bubba got a near fall. Melina then tried to interfere, but Bubba pulled her into the ring. He set Melina up for a Bubba Bomb, but Mercury saved her with a chop block to Bubba's knee. Mercury worked on the knee afterwards, getting the momentum of the match. He held Bubba's leg in numerous leg locks and damaged it further with some well placed elbows and stomps. Mercury played to the crowd to much as he took to the top rope, though, and this gave Bubba his opportunity. Bubba met Mercury on the top rope and drilled one half of the tag team champions with a big superplex. Both men were out of it, but managed to get to their feet before the referee counted to ten. They exchanged blows, Bubba got the upperhand and took out Mercury with the Bubba Bomb for a near fall. He then drove Mercury into the mat with a sit-down powerbomb and got the 3 count.

Bubba took to the ramp and raised his arms in victory as Mercury and Melina stayed in the ring, looking angry.

Winner: Bubba Ray Dudley

Match Reaction = 64.6%

Match Quality = 73.0%

Overall Rating = 65.1%

Segment 3: WWE Tag Team Titles On The Line At The Great American Bash

(8 Minutes)

We see Bubba Ray Dudley return backstage. He seemed happy and then he entered the locker room and met up with D-Von. The two were excited about getting a match against MNM on Sunday. As they're celebrating, Smackdown! General Manager Theodore Long comes into the locker room and congratulates Bubba and D-Von. He said he had some further news for them. The match on Sunday for the WWE Tag Team Championship will not be a regular match - it will be a tables match! The Dudleyz celebrated some more and thanked Long. On commentary, Tazz pointed out that MNM would not be happy at all about this.

Overall Rating = 69.1%

Segment 4: 30 Minutes To Stay Unbeaten

(9 Minutes)

Rey Mysterio made his way down to the ring and took a microphone. He reminded everybody that he had a 30-Minute Iron Man match against Eddie Guerrero this Sunday at The Great American Bash. It would be Eddie's last chance to try and beat Rey Mysterio one-on-one. Mysterio said that he was the favourite going into the match because Eddie, however many times he has tried, cannot beat Rey. Mysterio promised that he would be the one walking out of The Great American Bash with the victory, and the fact that Guerrero cannot beat him would be nagging away at Eddie forever.

Overall Rating = 68.8%

Segment 5: Eddie Strikes

(5 Minutes)

Eddie Guerrero interrupted Rey Mysterio's microphone time. He got on the microphone himself and told Rey that he was right about one thing - Eddie had failed to beat Rey... so far. Guerrero said Rey was wrong about who was going to be victorious on Sunday, though. Eddie guaranteed that he would not only beat Mysterio, but he would embarass him. It wouldn't be a close encounter with a score like 1-0 or 2-1, it would be a total embarassment for Rey. Eddie then entered the ring and said he was going to start the embarassment right now. He then dropped the microphone and attacked Rey. He knocked him to the mat and tried to pull off his mask, but Mysterio kept hold of the mask and fought off Eddie. Rey exited the ring, holding his mask on tight as Eddie mouthed off at him from the ring.

Overall Rating = 77.4%

Segment 6: Torrie w/Charlie Haas vs. Dawn Marie w/Lance Storm

(8 Minutes)

WWE United States Champion Lance Storm and Charlie Haas were at ringside for this diva battle. The match began with both women rolling around on the mat, trying to slam the other's head into the mat. The referee got both competitors up to the feet and Dawn took it to Torrie with slaps and forearms. Dawn hit a clothesline and a scoop slam for a 2 count. Torrie came back into it, though, and rammed Dawn into the corner, crushing her with some shoulders to the gut. Torrie then hit a neckbreaker for a near fall. Dawn tried to battle back with a suplex, but Torrie countered into a small package and got the 3 count.

Dawn was furious after the match and she tackled Torrie to the mat. Haas managed to separate the two divas, but was soon cut off by Storm who nailed him with a vicious super kick. Torrie checked on Haas as Storm pulled Dawn away from her and grabbed a microphone. He informed us that at The Great American Bash, Dawn Marie and himself would face Torrie and Charlie Haas in a mixed tag team match. He threw the microphone down at Haas and then left the ring with Dawn.

Winner: Torrie

Match Reaction = 70.6%

Match Quality = 23.5%

Overall Rating = 38.5%

Segment 7: RAW Rebound

(3 Minutes)

The RAW Rebound was shown. It mainly showed the main event between Ric Flair and Shelton Benjamin in the Gauntlet To The Game, with Shelton getting the win and Triple H being angry with Flair after the bout. We were also showed Bischoff making the first SummerSlam match, booking Batista to defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Edge at the pay-per-view.

Overall Rating = 82.7%

Segment 8: The Era Of Christian - Soon To Begin?

(6 Minutes)

Christian was backstage with a microphone in hand. He told us that the 'era of Christian' would begin this Sunday at The Great American Bash and that it would last for a long, long time. 'Captain Charisma' said that John Cena was a joke, he wasn't worthy of being the WWE Champion and Christian could beat him any time, any place - which he proved last week by pinning Cena in the 'blockbuster tag team main event'. Christian said all of his 'peeps' would be partying in the streets come Sunday night because Christian will have the WWE Title around his waist.

Overall Rating = 82.6%

user posted image

Segment 9: WWE Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Tournament - Final

Super Crazy vs. Juventud

(16 Minutes)

Before the match could get underway, General Manager Theodore Long came down and said that he had chosen a special guest referee for this match - WWE Cruiserweight Champion - Paul London. London came down to the ring with a referee shirt on. Super Crazy and Juventud didn't quite know what to make of the decision it would seem. Juvi blindsided Crazy to get the match underway. Juventud worked on Crazy in the corner with some loud chops. He then attempted a monkey flip, but Crazy amazingly managed to land on his feet and drill his opponent with a superkick for a 2 count. Crazy then rocked Juventud with a snap suplex and a leg drop. Juventud took a breather in the corner, but Crazy charged at him. Juvi was able to grab the ropes, jump up and hit Super Crazy with a hurricanrana as he charged. The move took Crazy shoulder-first into the ring post and he fell outside the ring. London started his count, but it was restarted as Juvi leaped from the top rope onto Crazy on the outside. London tried to get both men back into the ring, but was only able to after Juventud had hit a stalling front suplex. Juvi went for the pin, but only got 2. Frustrated, Juvi signalled for a high-risk move and climbed up-top. He was cut off by Crazy, though, and they fought it out on the top rope. Juventud managed to flip over Crazy and pull him to the mat with a sunset flip, but Crazy rolled through and quickly hit a basement dropkick! The move got a 2 count. Crazy went for a suplex, but Juvi flipped out and hit a modified pumphandle slam. Instead of going for the cover, Juventud picked his opponent back up and looked for the Juvi Driver. 'The Juice' could not complete the move, though, as Crazy slipped out and slammed Juvi to the mat. Crazy then hit the Trifecta Moonsault combo, but could not capitalise straight away - Juventud was able to roll towards the ropes. Crazy tried for the pin, and London counted the 3 - he didn't see Juventud's foot on the rope!

Super Crazy was announced as the winner and London raised his hand. Juventud was obviously angry and began to yell at London. The two got into a heated argument.

Winner: Super Crazy

Match Reaction = 73.8%

Match Quality = 71.0%

Overall Rating = 63.8%

Segment 10: Problem Sorted

(2 Minutes)

As the argument between London and Juventud got more heated, Theodore Long came out with a microphone. He told them to 'listen up, players' because he had a solution. The controversy about the ending in the tournament final could only be solved fairly in one way - that was to have a triple threat match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at The Great American Bash! 'It will be Paul London versus Super Crazy versus Juventud for the WWE Cruiserweight Title! Now, holla, holla, holla!' said Long. The three men in the ring seemed to find the decision fair.

Overall Rating = 69.1%

Segment 11: HBK Believes The Scores Will Be Tied After The Great American Bash

(7 Minutes)

Steve Romero interviewed the 'Heart Break Kid' Shawn Michaels backstage. HBK admitted to messing up last week and he apologised for losing the match for his team. Romero questioned Michaels about his 'WrestleMania 21 rematch' against Kurt Angle. HBK said he didn't like to refer to it as a 'rematch' because that implies that the same thing will happen again - because it won't, according to Michaels. Angle won at 'Mania, but Michaels said he would come out the victor at The Great American Bash. Yes, Angle made him tap out at WrestleMania, 'but at The Great American Bash, Angle will be hearing some Sweet Chin Music', said HBK.

Overall Rating = 92.9%

Segment 12: Pre-PPV Brawl

(8 Minutes)

As we saw Shawn Michaels walking away from Romero after his interview, Kurt Angle attacked from behind. Angle and HBK started brawling around the backstage area. Angle got the upper hand and threw HBK against the wall. He then nailed him with an Angle Slam through a table full of refreshments. Angle then dragged Michaels' body towards a window and threw him through it. Angle chuckled as the camera got a close-up of HBK barely moving amongst the shards of glass.

Overall Rating = 85.4%

Segment 13: Main Event

The Rock vs. Rhyno

(15 Minutes)

Theodore Long's match to punish Rhyno for Goring Josh Matthews last week went to plan in the early stages, with The Rock on top. Rock took Rhyno down with a Samoan drop and a combination of right hands. A clothesline by the ropes sent the Man Beast toppling out of the ring over the top rope. On the outside, Rhyno blocked a Rock punch and drove his head into the commentary table before sending him face-first into the ring post. Back in the ring, Rhyno hooked up a suplex, but Rock spun out of it and landed a DDT. Both men seemed to be out of it, but Rock nipped up, only to be driven back down with a powerslam by his opponent. Rhyno then looked for the Gore, but Rock dodged it and then countered a kick into a single leg takedown and wrapped Rhyno up in the sharpshooter. Rhyno crawled his way towards the ropes to break the hold. Rock went for the Rock Bottom, but Rhyno reversed and hit a DDT for a near fall. Rhyno then set up for the Gore once more, but got caught with a spinebuster. Rock stood in the middle of the ring, ready for the People's Elbow when JBL walked down the aisle. This distracted Rock and he stared at JBL. Rock turned as Rhyno charged at him with another Gore attempt, but The People's Champion dodged it and Rhyno went flying to the outside. The referee started to count out Rhyno as JBL entered the other side of the ring. Rock turned and narrowly dodged the Clothesline From Hell before dropping JBL with the Rock Bottom. Rhyno re-entered the ring and fell victim of another Rock Bottom and the 3 count.

Rock was celebrating after the match when he was attacked from behind by The Bashams and Orlando Jordan - JBL's Cabinet. Rock began to fight them off, but the numbers game proved to be too much. The Bashams held Rock up as JBL bashed him in the head with a chair, busting him open. Orlando then grabbed Rock and whipped him straight at Rhyno, who Gored the hell out of him. JBL finished off the assault with the Clothesline From Hell, leaving Rock bloodied and beaten in the ring.

Winner: The Rock

Match Reaction = 76.0%

Match Quality = 72.6%

Overall Rating = 76.6%

Segment 14: Cena's Performance

(5 Minutes)

The stage was set up with band equipment and was ready for John Cena, who performed his first release of off the 'You Can't See Me' album - Bad, Bad Man. Tha Trademarc and Bumpy Knuckles were also there and they worked the crowd into a frenzy. Near the end of the performance, though, Christian came out and attacked John Cena from behind. He started to put the boots to Cena when 'Bumpy Knuckles' blasted him with a big right fist. Tha Trademarc joined in and helped to get Christian away from Cena. Christian fought the two off and sent them packing, but then fell victim to Cena and his F-U. Cena's theme music played loudly around the arena as he stood over Christian, holding the WWE Championship up in the air as Smackdown! went off the air.

Overall Rating = 82.2%

Smackdown! Rating: 62.9%

Attendance: 10,721

You made me sad by releasing Stevie. But that aside, I really like this diary.

But as was said earlier, dude, you really should try and pace yourself. I'm not saying get lazy about it, but give it a little bit so that you won't burn out. Unless you're a total workhorse, in which case, keep on it.

Guest blueblood

Good Smackdown! bro. It looks like my Tag Team is in trouble. MNM will be able to find their way out hopefully. TGAB card is packed and I can't wait until it gets posted.

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Rey have me very interested. I want to see if Eddie is going to pull Rey's mask off or not.

The Cruiserweight Title Match should also be a good one. My money is on the juice.

Well keep up the good work!

(Y)

user posted image

WWE Great American Bash Matches

July 22nd, 2005

We are just a couple of days away from the Smackdown! pay-per-view of The Great American Bash. Order it now to see these great match-ups scheduled for the event:

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

SHAWN MICHAELS v KURT ANGLE

THE ROCK v JBL

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

REY MYSTERIO v EDDIE GUERRERO

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

TABLES MATCH

THE DUDLEY BOYZ v MNM © w/MELINA

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

PAUL LONDON © v SUPER CRAZY v JUVENTUD

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

CHARLIE HAAS & TORRIE v LANCE STORM & DAWN MARIE

Prediction contest numero deux. Predict the winner for each match. Each correct winner will get you 1 point, and you will receive an extra 2 points for correctly predicting the result of a title match.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

THE ROCK v JBL

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

TABLES MATCH

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

THE ROCK v JBL

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

TABLES MATCH

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

Guest Crossface

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

THE ROCK v JBL

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

TABLES MATCH

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

THE ROCK v JBL

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

TABLES MATCH

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

THE ROCK v JBL

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

TABLES MATCH

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

One of the best WWE diaries around! Here's my predictions;

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © v CHRISTIAN

I want Christian to win but I expect Cena to retain.

WRESTLEMANIA 21 REMATCH

Angle will show his supremecy over Michaels to make him win twice.

THE ROCK v JBL

I guess JBL is just the favourite to win, in my eyes at least. God that makes me sad when Bradshaw is favourite over The Rock.

30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

Rey always win, so here's to hoping Eddie wins and Eddie moves onto a bigger feud and Rey goes back to jumping around and stuff.

TABLES MATCH

They'll do it, somehow.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

OMG LONDON~

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

Only because Haas is my favourite.