Man United Thread

Jook

There's one person to blame for that defeat and one only. Funnily enough not Roy Carroll. I put the blame on Fergie, when he brought Ruud on we were the better side, yet he takes the best player on the pitch off in Ronaldo. Not only that but when we go a goal down, he takes Fortune off, another who was playing well, leaving scholes and giggs (who were poor) on. Then, to top it all off he brings silvestre on for Neville. A defender....for a defender! At 1-0 down!

Basically though, taking Ronaldo off killed us.

Having said that, it was a good game and Milan played well. At least there's still hope for the second leg.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Devil

The actual game was awesome but i'm dissapointed with the result. Milan played really well and i felt we matches them all the way and i knew if a goal was going to come it was going to be either a peice of brilliance or a fuck up and that's what happened. I felt that like Fergie said the defence really should've closed Seedorf down but even though i cannot belive Carroll dropped it. It's not like the first time he's done something like this and it won't be the last. He's a professional goalkeeper and shouldn't be doing this kind of things. There are only 2 goalkeepers that i see make these mistakes on a regular basis and that's Carroll and Lehman. I'm dissapointed in him and in the team becuase we really should've finished at leastone of our chances in the first have and needed to play better at home.

I'm still optimisting about the second leg as we only need a goal to turn the tie around and by that time we'll have Ruud match fit. Hopefully the second leg turns out a better result then the first.

The game was amazing to watch both teams showed there class and if Carroll would of kept hold it would of been a stalemate. Milan's passing was class and they will go on to win it IMO if Chelsea dont <_<

Kleberson on the move

Manchester United midfielder Kleberson is almost certain to join Brazilian club Corinthians, according to his agent.

The move appeared to break down last week but Kleberson's agent Marco Antonio Silva, who is also the World Cup winner's godfather, says that the only hurdle now remaining is the approval of Kia Joorabchian.

Iranian tycoon Joorabchian is the Brazilian head of investment group MSI which controls Corinthians and has bankrolled other major signings such as Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez from Boca Juniors.

"We had a 90% chance before - now we have a 99% percent chance," Silva said after meeting MSI representatives.

"They told me there's an agreement between Corinthians and Manchester United to release the player, so that shouldn't be a problem."

Although it was a rather poor performance today we got the job done and have cut the lead to 6 for now.

Positive from today though is that Ruud looked good today and the link up between him and Rooney for our second was top draw.

Kleberson on the move

Manchester United midfielder Kleberson is almost certain to join Brazilian club Corinthians, according to his agent.

The move appeared to break down last week but Kleberson's agent Marco Antonio Silva, who is also the World Cup winner's godfather, says that the only hurdle now remaining is the approval of Kia Joorabchian.

Iranian tycoon Joorabchian is the Brazilian head of investment group MSI which controls Corinthians and has bankrolled other major signings such as Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez from Boca Juniors.

"We had a 90% chance before - now we have a 99% percent chance," Silva said after meeting MSI representatives.

"They told me there's an agreement between Corinthians and Manchester United to release the player, so that shouldn't be a problem."

Like a certain Camaroon international, Kleberson hasen't lived up to the hype since his signing. Although not a bad player, United should be glad to get rid of him in favour of someone else. Who knows, the extra transfer money could come in handy.

• 1 month later...

It's not the players Ferguson picked that's the problem. It's this god awful 5 across the middle crap that he's playing. Here's a clue Fergie, Alan Smith is a striker... he was by far our best player at the start of the season when he played up there. So how abut actually playing him up front as part of a 2? Maybe then we'll actually look like we have a fucking clue when we get in and around the opposing penalty box. Funny how when we were winning everything in sight we played a straight 4-4-2... hell, the team in general wasn't even as talented as what we have now. We need to go back to that style of playing, 4-4-2, high tempo. We used to tear teams apart on the counterattack, now we dont seem to get the ball forwards at any sort of pace.

Also, Rooney was absolutely awful today.. I was counting second half and he gave the ball away a consecutive 8 or 9 times.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I'm not even sure he knew what formation he was playing, to be honest. There was no consistancy at all and players were clearly being wasted out of position (Rooney on the left is a joke).

Hard to believe though, that we can beat Arsenal and Liverpool home and away but lose to the likes of Portsmouth and Norwich in the same season. If United want to reclaim they're place as serious contenders next season, they need money and the squad needs a freshen up. Strange that the richest club in the world cannot even afford that.

Hard to believe though, that we can beat Arsenal and Liverpool home and away but lose to the likes of Portsmouth and Norwich in the same season. If United want to reclaim they're place as serious contenders next season, they need money and the squad needs a freshen up. Strange that the richest club in the world cannot even afford that.

• 2 weeks later...