Pokemon

PkmnTrainerJ

So, it seems to be that time of year again that Pokemon has reached a bit of a high in the Dairy Cube, what with /forum/index.php?showtopic=22553">Pokemon Interactive,/forum/index.php?showtopic=22588">Kraigy's Emerald diary, /forum/index.php?showtopic=21255">Chris' 2nd Pokemon Red diary, /forum/index.php?showtopic=21303">My Emerald diary and /forum/index.php?showtopic=22848">Blitz's Pokemon Stadium tournament all going on.

So, as this is now a Pokemon discussion thread, I should share new pokéinfo. (Some of you may already know about this but I need some kind of a starting point.)

logo.png

Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness is a return to Orre adventure but does not continue after Colosseum and features a freaking Dark Lugia! Catching and purifying Pokemon will be done similarly as it is in Colosseum and shadow Pokemon are still around, and they have new shadow-type attacks. Here is a list of catchable Pokemon in XD so far:

Confirmed

Eevee (Starter), Teddiursa, Arbok, Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Shellder, Spheal and Lugia.

Unconfirmed

Butterfree, Kirlia, Parasect, Munchlax, Usohachii and Snorlax.

DS Pokemon

So many new Pokemon have been revealed and will most likely feature in Diamond and Pearl, the Pokemon DS games, not much is known about them but here they all are.

gonbe2.gif

Jap Name: Gonbe

UK/US Name: Munchlax

Classification: Big Eater Pokémon

Type: Normal

Height: 2'00" (0.6m)

Weight: 231 lbs (105.0kg)

Evolutuion: Pre-Evolution of Snorlax

May has recently captured one of these in the animé in Japan, so they are slowly easing the new Pokemon in, anyways onward.

n05_0304_rukario.jpg

Jap Name: Rukario

Classification: Wave-Guiding Pokémon

Type: Steel/Fighting

Height: 4'00" (1.2m)

Weight: 119lbs (54.0kg)

Known Appearences: Movie 8: Mew & The Wave Guiding Hero - Rukario!

As it says it appears in the 8th movie along with Mew.

Manyula.gif

Jap Name: Manyula

Classification: Sharp-Claw Pokémon

Type: Dark/Ice

Height: 3'8" (1.1m)

Weight: 75lbs (34.0kg)

Evolution of: Sneasel

Such a cool Sneasel evolution. Is also in the 8th movie.

usohachii.png

Jap Name: Usohachii

Type: Rock

Height: 1'8" (0.5m)

Weight: 33lbs (15.0kg)

Pre-Evolution of: Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo's baby form. It's so cute! *cough* Erm...manliness...yes.

Manene.gif

Jap Name: Manene

Classification: Mime Pokémon

Type: Psychic

Height: 2'00" (0.6m)

Weight: 28.6lbs (13.0kg)

Pre-Evolution of: Mr. Mime

I think this looks like its made of ice cream...but that's just me.

Anyways, discuss all this new information, favourite Pokemon, old school Pokemon, the mangas, the animé, whatever you wanna discuss.

By the way...my favourite Pokemon is Swampert...and maybe my green Mewtwo.

There is Stadium, Stadium 2, Snap, Hey You! Pikachu and Super Smash Bros. for N64 and Colosseum and soon Gale Of Darkness for GameCube too.

Also, you can get things called PokéROMs for PC. But they're not that great.

So, it seems to be that time of year again that Pokemon has reached a bit of a high in the Dairy Cube, what with Pokemon Interactive,Kraigy's Emerald diary, Chris' 2nd Pokemon Red diary, My Emerald diary and Blitz's Pokemon Stadium tournament all going on.

Band for diary whoring >_>

Meh, I'm not too bothered about this. Colloseum was a bit of a dissapointment to me, I just didn't like the whole purifying stuff, it got annoying after a while. I wish they would make a GameCube version of the originals, the same story and gameplay, but with 3D graphics and whatnot. The purifying gimmick just doesn't cut it for me.

I also wish they would stop making new pokemon. Eventually there's going to be so many you don't really give a shit about, unlike the first few games when they were all cool and 'special'. Meh.

So, it seems to be that time of year again that Pokemon has reached a bit of a high in the Dairy Cube, what with Pokemon Interactive,Kraigy's Emerald diary, Chris' 2nd Pokemon Red diary, My Emerald diary and Blitz's Pokemon Stadium tournament all going on.

Band for diary whoring >_>

Meh, I'm not too bothered about this. Colloseum was a bit of a dissapointment to me, I just didn't like the whole purifying stuff, it got annoying after a while. I wish they would make a GameCube version of the originals, the same story and gameplay, but with 3D graphics and whatnot. The purifying gimmick just doesn't cut it for me.

I also wish they would stop making new pokemon. Eventually there's going to be so many you don't really give a shit about, unlike the first few games when they were all cool and 'special'. Meh.

You forgot two Poké diaries >_>

Oh and whats the new island called? I assume it will be a new place to go...

In this new game it's a return to Orre, the island you go to in Colloseum.

For Pokemon islands, there's Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Orre. And, if you want to count them, in Fire Red and Leaf Green there's the Sevii Islands.

For Pokemon islands, there's Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Orre. And, if you want to count them, in Fire Red and Leaf Green there's the Sevii Islands.

Actually Orre is meant to be Johto many years in the past/future, I forget which one.

Actually Orre is meant to be Johto many years in the past/future, I forget which one.

It's supposedly Johto 50-100 years in the future, there was meant to have been some kind of huge war that destroyed almost everything.

Really? Wasn't aware of that.

I've never played Colloseum, so yeah.

I didn't think they'd mention the word "war" in the Poke-verse, but then again it's odd enough as it is.

Uhm, they would and have multiple times. In the animé, manga and games it's been said multiple times. For example, the episode with Ho-oh's flame called "Pop Goes the Sneasel".