Lil Kim Gets 366 Days in Prison

Kyle_

Lil' Kim has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for lying to protect friends involved in a gun battle in New York. The Grammy-winning rapper has also been fined $50,000.

Grammy-winning rap diva Lil' Kim learned her fate, four months after she was convicted of lying to a federal grand jury to protect friends involved in a 2001 gun battle outside a Manhattan radio station.

Lil' Kim, whose real name is Kimberly Jones, could've faced up to 20 years — five years each on three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy — at sentencing Wednesday.

While many rappers have served time in prison, she's the first big-name female rapper to do so.

Lil' Kim, who turns 30 next week, was the sidekick and mistress of the late Notorious B.I.G. As a solo artist, she has become known for her revealing outfits and raunchy lyrics, and won a Grammy in 2001 for her part in the hit remake of "Lady Marmalade."

The rapper told the grand jury she did not notice two of her close friends at the scene of the shootout — her manager, Damion Butler, and Suif Jackson, known as "Gutta." Both have pleaded guilty to gun charges.

The gun battle happened outside WQHT-FM, known as Hot 97, when Lil' Kim's entourage crossed paths with a rival rap group, Capone-N-Noreaga. One man was hurt in the shootout.

Hot 97 is the same station where the posses of 50 Cent and The Game traded bullets in February.

Credit:CBSNews.com

Guest Wrestling_Man

No, it's not a leap year but it is interesting that she gets 366 days. But I'm so glad the ho is going to jail, I never liked her, I hope she gets raped while in jail.

No, it's not a leap year but it is interesting that she gets 366 days.  But I'm so glad the ho is going to jail, I never liked her, I hope she gets raped while in jail.

She's a ho because the way she dresses? In conclussion, shut up.

Whatever. She did the crime, so yeah she deserves to go to jail.

I highly doubt she'll be raped in jail. Especially in the same sense that men get raped in jail.

This entire post has annoyed me now. Ugh.

No, it's not a leap year but it is interesting that she gets 366 days.  But I'm so glad the ho is going to jail, I never liked her, I hope she gets raped while in jail.

Dear god you are repulsive. I hate Lil' Kim too, but Christ.

Guest Wrestling_Man

She's a ho because the way she dresses? In conclussion, shut up.

Whatever. She did the crime, so yeah she deserves to go to jail.

I highly doubt she'll be raped in jail. Especially in the same sense that men get raped in jail.

This entire post has annoyed me now. Ugh.

Why do you want her to get raped? That's kind of weird.

She seems like the type of lady who has been raped or will be raped. I guess that's my reason.

Dear god. "She's been raped so I hope she gets raped again!"

You ARE terrifying.

How many lives did Martha Stewart ruin when she helped bankrupt a biotechnology company selling off all of her shares and sending the stock into a tailspin? Five months. Lil' Kim tells a fib to the police? A year and a day. Not exactly a "Where's Waldo" of veiled hypocrisy, is it?