Disturbed's Single "Stricken"

livid

A DISTURBED media player, featuring the group's new single, "Stricken", can be accessed at this location.

"Stricken" is scheduled to go for radio adds around July 25. The song is the first single off the group's upcoming third album, "Ten Thousand Fists", due on September 20 via Reprise. The album features the debut of new bassist John Moyer (ex-THE UNION UNDERGROUND).

As previously reported, Todd McFarlane will be creating the album cover for "Ten Thousand Fists". Aside from creating the wildly popular comic book character Spawn, McFarlane also designed the album cover for KORN 's "Follow the Leader" as well as the video for "Freak on a Leash" and PEARL JAM 's "Do the Evolution".

DISTURBED recently made a song called "Guarded" from their upcoming third album available online at both the iTunes store and myspace.com/disturbedofficial. DISTURBED frontman David Draiman told Launch that "Guarded" was released to give fans a taste of the band's new effort. "'Guarded' was put out there to just whet everybody's appetite. It's one of the more aggressive tracks on the record, just to remind everybody where we came from and who we are. Kind of give back to the core a little bit. It's a song that reflects what choosing this life forces certain people to do in a certain way — you have to remain guarded on a certain level."

The album's title track has been tapped to appear in the next NFL Madden video game.

DISTURBED will begin a six-week North American tour with ILL NINO and 10 YEARS in early August. The band will also headline the Jagermeister Music Tour in November, followed by the Music As A Weapon III trek in 2006.

DISTURBED 's debut album, "The Sickness" (2000) has sold 3.4 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Wow, they really refuse to do anything remotely new, eh? Disturbed are a guilty pleasure for me, but all the other bands you mentioned actually honed their sound over subsequent albums. This is the same song Disturbed have been playing since Stupify, except with a decent guitar solo in the middle.

Wow, they really refuse to do anything remotely new, eh? Disturbed are a guilty pleasure for me, but all the other bands you mentioned actually honed their sound over subsequent albums. This is the same song Disturbed have been playing since Stupify, except with a decent guitar solo in the middle.

Disturbed aren't reinventing the wheel, but the other bands he mentioned honed their sound? Godsmack has been recording the exact same song over and over again as well, with even less of a change-up than Disturbed. Mudvayne has gotten worse with every release, and Drowning Pool has a different lead singer every twenty minutes. "Guarded" was definitely a step in a different direction for Disturbed, "Stricken" is more of the same. I like it, don't get me wrong, but as I was telling Livid on MSN, it's nothing that screams "BUY THIS RECORD!"

And if you need any further proof of our society's constant need for instant gratification, look no further than this thread. I'm not picking on you Livid, but this made me laugh:

I love the fact that they're showing some resemblence to the old Disturbed.

Old Disturbed? They've only been around for five years or so and only have two other records. I know what you're trying to say, but it just sounds funny. There is no "old" Disturbed.

Disturbed aren't reinventing the wheel, but the other bands he mentioned honed their sound?  Godsmack has been recording the exact same song over and over again as well, with even less of a change-up than Disturbed.  Mudvayne has gotten worse with every release, and Drowning Pool has a different lead singer every twenty minutes.  "Guarded" was definitely a step in a different direction for Disturbed, "Stricken" is more of the same.  I like it, don't get me wrong, but as I was telling Livid on MSN, it's nothing that screams "BUY THIS RECORD!" 

And if you need any further proof of our society's constant need for instant gratification, look no further than this thread.  I'm not picking on you Livid, but this made me laugh:

I can't agree that Godsmack's sound has changed. The only time they sound any different is when they play live, which I will admit, is fucking awesome. Probably one of the best live acts today.

Mudvayne's sound has definitely changed, but definitely not for the better. They went from being this raw, unpolished sound that attacked you and became... everything else.

And I definitely wasn't knocking Drowning Pool, I'm just saying they have a different sound because they have to change lead singers. I didn't mean for it to be construed as an insult.

Eww, no. I hate Lost & Found. It's a complete turn from LD 50 and The End Of All Things To Come.

They sound like just another metal band now. LD 50, as much as I hated it, sounded different from what we had then. So did TEOATTC. Lost & Found... not so much.

Guest Mr. Bungle

Personaly I think their last album was the best. Their was definitly a change of approach in Believe whether you chose to admit it or not. Although musicaly they stuck to nu-metal with simple riffs and constant abuse of the power chords, they also mixed the album up with a lot of melody which wasn't seen in their first album. So far, their new album sounds like it's well on it's way to being their best effort. Judging from the music heard on this album, they seem to be incorperating a lot of 'metalcore' and solos into their sound, perhaps because they know Nu-Metal is dead and gone? Either way, Disturbed is definitly not among my favorite bands, and I don't see myself buying the album unless I get a big shocker.

As for Godsmack, Godsmack didn't improve any sound. All they did was rape Alice In Chains and ruin the music that they made. I remember back in the mid/late 90's watching Godsmack when they were God Smack in clubs covering Alice In Chains songs. They did a horrible job of imitating AIC then, and they do a horrible job of it now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimmy sartyr

Disturbed used to be my favourite band not so much any more, but I still think they kick ass and can't wait for the new album. Now, for all those who say they've been soing the same song over and over for the last two albums, have you even got ears? Believe was a lot mellower, and anyone who things 'droppin plates' and 'darkness' sound similar in the slightest way is talking out of their anal crevice. Disturbed's two albums thus far are quite different if you know what to listen for, and that's a problem for me as I greatly prefer the first album. It will just be a matter of time before we see what direction Disturbed are gonna go from this point on.

The Sickness was one of my favorite albums back in the day. I never listened to all of their second CD but the new track (Stricken) sounds awesome. I saw them when they toured with Chevelle and Taproot two years or so ago. I'll see them in a few weeks, too. Not even really my type of music. But I've always really liked them. I'll probably buy Ten Thousand Fists when it comes out.

Both of the new Disturbed singles aren't bad but the band still hasn't really seemed to do anything different yet.

As for Godsmack, Godsmack didn't improve any sound. All they did was rape Alice In Chains and ruin the music that they made. I remember back in the mid/late 90's watching Godsmack when they were God Smack in clubs covering Alice In Chains songs. They did a horrible job of imitating AIC then, and they do a horrible job of it now.

Can I ask how in the hell does Godsmack sound like Alice In Chains? I've heard tons of AIC songs and yet I can't figure out why people claim they are a ripoff when probably the only thing the bands have in common are CDs with "Face" in the title (Facelift and Faceless). AIC was a big influence for them but I still don't see rip offs like you oh so claim. If you don't like Godsmack fine, but please don't jump on the bandwagon of not liking Godsmack and then throw out the "they sound like AIC" claim because it really doesn't add up when I listen to both bands.