05-06 American Football Topic

RLLbad

Matt Cassel has already gotten more playing time this preseason with the Pats than his entire career at USC. He has played pretty well and just goes to show that the Patriots, no matter how much I hate them, draft well and everybody that goes to USC these days is nasty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm hoping the Redskins can do something special and maybe finish 2nd or 3rd, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Whats happened with Sean Taylor - is he actually playing or is he in jail?

I haven't looked at anything to do with NFL in months .

Edited by IAceI

Sucks about Price being let go, but I can see why the Falcons did it.

So.....anyone think that another team will be stupid enough to give Maurice Clarette another shot, or should he start preparing for a career where he says `Do you want fries with that?' a lot?

I hope no one else gives him a chance, but I won't be surprised if some team does. But frankly, unless its the Cowboys or Titans (my two favorite teams) who are dumb enough to take another look at him, I don't give a shit.

Edited by GhostMachine

Sucks about Price being let go, but I can see why the Falcons did it.

So.....anyone think that another team will be stupid enough to give Maurice Clarette another shot, or should he start preparing for a career where he says `Do you want fries with that?' a lot?

I hope no one else gives him a chance, but I won't be surprised if some team does. But frankly, unless its the Cowboys or Titans (my two favorite teams) who are dumb enough to take another look at him, I don't give a shit.

Given how many good RBs there are I don't think anyone will give him a look as a starter. But if he wants to spend the whole season getting a paycheck for sitting on the bench I'd expect him to have a job somewhere.

NFC East

1. Eagles

2. Giants

3. Redskins

4. Cowboys

NFC North

1. Packers

2. Vikings

3. Lions

4. Bears

NFC South

1. Falcons

2. Panthers

3. Saints

4. Buccaneers

NFC West

1. Seahawks

2. Rams

3. Cardinals

4. 49ers

AFC East

1. Patriots

2. Bills

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

AFC North

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Bengals

4. Browns

AFC South

1. Colts

2. Jaguars

3. Texans

4. Titans

AFC West

1. Chargers

2. Raiders

3. Chiefs

4. Broncos

The northern most AFC teams are looking the best to me this year.

NFC Champions

Tie: Eagles or Packers.

I know, the Packers just sound like such a long shot. But I have a lot of faith in Favre. He seems incredibly focused this year. Walker is, in my opinion, the best receiver besides Owens in the NFC now that Moss is gone to the Raiders.

AFC Champions

Patriots.

Not even worth explaining. Tom Brady is incredible. That whole team is just amazing.

I'm going to say one thing that will annoy Packers fans, but its the truth. Several people on ESPN and on FSN agree with me:

The Packers aren't going to make the playoffs this year. They *might* as a wildcard team, but I doubt it. They simply don't have a good enough defense this year.

I predict that the Vikings will either win their division or at least come in second. They're my prediction to be a wildcard team if they don't win the division.

By the same token, I expect the Raiders to be worse than last year. Mostly because of the addition of Randy Moss. Randy Moss is NOT a team player, and makes Terrell Owens look like a saint.

Ricky Williams will help the Dolphins, but they're still going to be the worst team in their division. I predict they'll still finish with a losing record, but it won't be near as bad as last year.

I'm not going to make full division predictions just yet, but I do think the NFC East will be:

Eagles

Cowboys

Redskins

Giants

Dallas should have a better defense this year, and will definitely have a better offense partially due to Vinnie Testeverde being gone. Plus, I don't see the Redskins breaking their record of being owned by Dallas (they're 1-13 in their last 14 games vs. the Cowboys) this year. They might beat Dallas once this season, but definitely not twice. And that's if they're lucky.

And for my AFC South predictions, look at Whoo's list. Unfortunately (because the Titans are my second favorite team), that's how I see it, too.

(Oh, btw, I'm a Cowboys fan and my father is a Redskins fan. :lol::devil: )

I think the Bears might be able to surprise people if Orton can stay healthy and if the offense plays 110%, the defense has kept the Bears in games for the past few years. With Hutchinson gone and Blake being the backup I really like the quarterback positioning right now, and having Muhammad as another WR just makes the offense have that much more potential. And now, with Benson being signed the running backs are also a dangerous bunch.

Honestly if Lovie Smith and the Bears do there homework right there best chance is to play ball control behind the 0-line and Jones running and out routes to Muhammed on the some occasions I feel the Bears d will not be bad however if Kyle Orton can just manage the game well and develop a run game with Jones and Benson when he plays the won't be terribly that bad now is that saying they go off and win the North no, but I don't think if Orton just plays the game and doesn't try to WIN the game and let his defense and run game control the game then everything should go alright.