05-06 American Football Topic

RLLbad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite Team- Indianapolis Colts

Teams I Hope Spontaneously Combust- New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins

Team That's Going All The Way- This is finally the Colts' year!!!

MVP- Peyton Manning, Indianapolis

Rookie of the Year (offensive/defensive)- Cadillac Williams, Tampa Bay / Marcus Spears, Dallas

Surprise Rookie of the Year- JJ Arrington, Arizona

Surprise Team of the Year- Cincinnati Bengals

Time to do picks... Playoff Teams in bold...

NFC East

1. Eagles

2. Cowboys

3. Redskins

4. Giants

NFC North

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Bears

4. Packers

NFC South

1. Panthers

2. Falcons

3. Saints

4. Buccaneers

NFC West

1. Seahawks

2. Cardinals

3. Rams

4. 49ers

AFC East

1. Patriots

2. Bills

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

AFC North

1. Ravens

2. Steelers

3. Bengals

4. Browns

AFC South

1. Colts

2. Jaguars

3. Texans

4. Titans

AFC West

1. Chargers

2. Chiefs

3. Raiders

4. Broncos

Super Bowl

Patriots def. Panthers

Since it has been started.

NFC East

1. Eagles

2. Cowboys

3. Redskins

4. Giants

NFC North

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Packers

4. Bears

NFC South

1. Falcons

2. Panthers

3. Saints

4. Buccaneers

NFC West

1. Seahawks

2. Cardinals

3. Rams

4. 49ers

AFC East

1. Patriots

2. Bills

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

AFC North

1. Ravens

2. Steelers

3. Bengals

4. Browns

AFC South

1. Colts

2. Texans

3. Jaguars

4. Titans

AFC West

1. Chargers

2. Broncos

3. Chiefs

4. Raiders

Super Bowl

Chargers d. Falcons

Picks guaranteed to change at least 30 times before the start of the season and then at least 60 times during the season.

Yeah the cardinals aren't making the playoffs, I don't care how terrible the NFC is.

They actually could've competed for a playoff spot last year if Dennis Green hadn't switched QB's around all the time. I think they'll compete this year, but fall short by a game or two with like a 7-9 record.

This could be the year a 7-9 team actually makes the playoffs and, hell, advances in the playoffs. At least from the NFC.

No the wildcards are coming out of the North and either the east or south. The cards will only ever make the playoffs if they win their division. Which I wouldn't say is out of the question, but with Alexander in a contract year now, he'll have a blockbuster season.

NFC East

1. Eagles

2. Cowboys

3. Giants

4. Redskins

NFC North

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Packers

4. Bears

NFC South

1. Falcons

2. Panthers

3. Saints

4. Buccaneers

NFC West

1. Seahawks

2. Rams

3. Cardinals

4. 49ers

AFC East

1. Patriots

2. Bills

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

AFC North

1. Steelers

2. Bengals

3. Ravens

4. Browns

AFC South

1. Colts

2. Texans

3. Jaguars

4. Titans

AFC West

1. Chargers

2. Chiefs

3. Raiders

4. Broncos

Playoffs

NFC Wild Card

Seahawks over Lions

Panthers over Vikings

AFC Wild Card

Bengals over Chargers

Steelers over Chiefs

NFC Divisional

Falcons over Seahawks

Eagles over Panthers

AFC Divisional

Colts over Bengals

Steelers over Patriots

NFC Championship

Falcons over Eagles

AFC Championship

Colts over Steelers

SUPER BOWL

The Colts finally get to the promised land by avoiding the Patriots but Peyton finds a new game to choke away as Indy is done in by Michael Vick and the Falcons...

Falcons over Colts for their first Super Bowl Title

MIAMI (AP) -- Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Jerome McDougle was in critical condition after being shot in the stomach by armed robbers, police said Friday.

McDougle, 27, was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center, where he was undergoing surgery, Miami-Dade police said.

Three armed robbers approached the former University of Miami star at his silver Mercedes coupe late Thursday, police said. The suspects demanded the car, then fired their weapons, police said. McDougle was shot once in the stomach.

ADVERTISEMENT

The robbers, who police said were likely teens, fled on foot and remain at large.

It wasn't clear whether McDougle was in his car or near it when he was approached, police said.

McDougle was a first-round pick in 2003, but has been plagued with injuries in Philadelphia. In two seasons, he had 18 tackles in 19 games, including two sacks.

McDougle had 114 tackles and 14 sacks in two seasons at Miami, and was a second-team All-American in 2002.

NFC East

1. Eagles

2. Cowboys

3. Redskins

4. Giants

NFC North

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Packers

4. Bears

NFC South

1. Falcons

2. Panthers

3. Saints

4. Buccaneers

NFC West

1. Seahawks

2. Cardinals

3. Rams

4. 49ers

AFC East

1. Patriots

2. Jets

3. Dolphins

4. Bills

AFC North

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Browns

4. Bengals

AFC South

1. Colts

2. Jaguars

3. Texans

4. Titans

AFC West

1. Chargers

2. Broncos

3. Raiders

4. Chiefs

Super Bowl

Eagles d. Chargers

Just went to the Hawks training camp today(9 hour drive back home), and hell it was fun. Got autographs from Alexander, Hasselbeck, Trufant, Sharper, Wistrom, Hamlin, Mack Strong, and a few others. Hawks are my team, and I believe they won't do too bad this year, definately hoping for a playoff victory this year. I'm also going to get tickets for a season game in November, so I'm very excited.

NFC East

1. Eagles

2. Redskins

3. Cowboys

4. Giants

NFC North

1. Lions

2. Packers

3. Vikings

4. Bears

NFC South

1. Falcons

2. Panthers

3. Saints

4. Buc's

NFC West

1. Seahawks

2. Cardinals

3. Rams

4. 49ers (but not as bad as last year)

AFC East

1. Patriots

2. Bills

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

AFC North

1. Ravens

2. Bengals (Surprise team of the year)

3. Steelers

4. Browns

AFC South

1. Colts

2. Jaguars

3. Texans

4. Titans

AFC West

1. Chargers

2. Chiefs

3. Broncos

4. Raiders

Super Bowl

Ravens def. Falcons

Injuries and poor play on defense killed the Cowboys last year. Julius was only there for 7 games and that left us with wonderful "Mr. 1.5 yards A Carry" Eddie George. Glenn went down early as did Qunicy Morgan, as soon as we got him in the trade. Vinny had to use first year recievers and still amassed 3500 yards.

Our defense blew games for us last year, not our Quarterback. Luckily, both have improved and I'm interested in seeing how well the 3-4 works out considering we'd have a pretty damn good 4-3 with Ellis, Glover, Fergusen and Spears/Ware.

Pinkston injured running sideline route

Associated Press

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Todd Pinkston ruptured an Achilles tendon in practice Friday and is out for the season.

Pinkston injured his ankle when he was tripped up on a route down the sideline. He remained down for several minutes before limping to the medical tent. A few hours after the injury, the team said he was out for the season.

The injury is a blow to the Eagles, who aren't deep at wide receiver. Receiver Terrell Owens, day-to-day with left groin inflammation, did not practice Friday morning.

Behind Pinkston and Owens, the team has third-year pro Greg Lewis and Billy McMullen, a third-round pick in 2003. Rookie Reggie Brown had been competing with McMullen to be the fourth receiver.

Running back Correll Buckhalter also went down with a leg injury in the morning's practice. The team said he had a bone bruise.

After practice, Buckhalter limped out of the team's workout facility and, before getting into his car, said his knee was sore.

Buckhalter missed all of last season after tearing a tendon in his right knee during the preseason. He missed all of the 2002 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in minicamp.

ESPN.com

That's a serious blow to them given how thin they are at WR after you triple team TO. McNabb is the Madden coverboy is he not? Looks like this year his whole team is cursed, much like last year. Though Ray did get injured at the end of the year.

I'm excited for the new NFL season and to see what the Detroit Lions can accomplish. Other than my love of music, football is probably one of my only true passions in life.

Anyway, my favorite team is obviously the Detroit Lions. I've always been a hometown boy, and this season wont be any different. I'm really excited to see our three young WR's stretch the fields, which in turn should create room for Kevin Jones to run. My prediction is that out of our three WR's, Roy Williams will make the impact. The circus catches this guy made last year were amazing, and I can see him becoming a bonafide top five WR in the league.

I see similar success for Kevin Jones, and I think this year he will have his name announced as being a Pro Bowler. Having a bit of a re-vamped offensive line, and the ever consistent Corey Schlesinger blocking for him will definitely benefit him. An interesting stat to note, Kevin Jones lead the league in rushing yards during the last 8 games of the season last year. That's plenty of reason for optimism.

The defense looks solid, if unspectacular. The defensive line should continue to be it's consistent self, especially with DE James Hall (our sack leader with 11.5 last year) and Pro Bowl DT "Big Baby" Shaun Rogers. Add in Dan Wilkinson, good depth, and you have a solid line. The LB core is the biggest question mark, while very fast, they are still inexperienced (Earl Holmes being the obvious exception). I'm holding hope the secondary will stay strong this year with Pro Bowl CB Dre' Bly, and recent signing Kenoy Kennedy. I expect Terrence Holt (younger brother of the Rams Torry Holt) to have a breakout year. He has shown a nose for the ball in his limited duty the last few years. The signing of R.W. McQuarters makes an excellent insurance policy in case Bryant or Holt goes down. He can also return kicks should Eddie Drummond go down, which leads me to our special teams.

This will be brief as our special teams have always been very good. Jason Hanson, the longest serving Detroit Lion has been one of the most consistent kickers in the league for a number of years now. Nick Harris, while shakey at times has shown he has the potential to be a very solid punter. The afore mentioned Eddie Drummond is potentially the most dangerous KR/PR in the NFL right now. He made NFL history last season being the only man to return two kick returns and two punt returns for touchdowns. His only problem is his health, but that's another reason McQuarters was signed on.

All in all I look forward to an exciting year from my Lions, and expect nothing less than a playoff appearance.

Pinkston injured running sideline route

Associated Press

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Todd Pinkston ruptured an Achilles tendon in practice Friday and is out for the season.

Pinkston injured his ankle when he was tripped up on a route down the sideline. He remained down for several minutes before limping to the medical tent. A few hours after the injury, the team said he was out for the season.

The injury is a blow to the Eagles, who aren't deep at wide receiver. Receiver Terrell Owens, day-to-day with left groin inflammation, did not practice Friday morning.

Behind Pinkston and Owens, the team has third-year pro Greg Lewis and Billy McMullen, a third-round pick in 2003. Rookie Reggie Brown had been competing with McMullen to be the fourth receiver.

Running back Correll Buckhalter also went down with a leg injury in the morning's practice. The team said he had a bone bruise.

After practice, Buckhalter limped out of the team's workout facility and, before getting into his car, said his knee was sore.

Buckhalter missed all of last season after tearing a tendon in his right knee during the preseason. He missed all of the 2002 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in minicamp.

ESPN.com

That's a serious blow to them given how thin they are at WR after you triple team TO. McNabb is the Madden coverboy is he not? Looks like this year his whole team is cursed, much like last year. Though Ray did get injured at the end of the year.

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with head coach Andy Reid at a team meeting Wednesday and was asked to leave, according to news reports.

Terrell Owens

Wide Receiver

Philadelphia Eagles 

2004 SEASON STATISTICS

Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC

77 1200 14 15.6 59 404

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to two television reports. He was expected to return to his home in New Jersey, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports.

Earlier Wednesday, he had missed practice for the fifth time in six days because of a left groin injury.

Owens worked out with the team's assistant trainer for about 20 minutes on a separate playing field from his teammates, catching balls from a machine and doing some light running. He did not speak to reporters or acknowledge the fans who chanted his name.

Do you expect Terrell Owens to play in the Eagles' regular-season opener?

Yes

No

The All-Pro receiver sat out practices last Friday and Saturday. He returned Sunday for both the morning and afternoon sessions, but hasn't practiced since.

Owens is unhappy the Eagles have refused to redo his contract as he enters the second season of a seven-year, $48.97 million deal.

Last season, Owens had 77 receptions for 1,200 yards and a franchise-record 14 touchdowns receptions before severely injuring his ankle late in the season. He missed the final two regular-season games and the first two playoff games before returning for the Super Bowl, in which he had nine receptions for 122 yards.

When asked about Owens leaving camp, his agent Drew Rosenhaus said it was a matter between Owens and Reid. Rosenhaus declined to talk about it further.