Meg and Jack White.

Guest Deathblow

Guest Deathblow

I always thought they were brother and sister but a friend told me today that they said on Muchmusic that they used to be married. Anyone know for sure?

The actual relationship between Jack White and Meg White has been one of great speculation through since the first emergence of White Stripes. The duo allowed the supposition that they were brother and sister to persist until a marriage license and divorce certificate for the pair was posted on the Internet. Today it is believed they were married in 1996 and divorced in 2000.

They announced themselves as bro and sis to avoid questions about their marriage, of course, instead it just created an accidental aura about their relationship and the band itself, causing a great marketing ploy that needed no work whatsoever.

So there, you have your answer.

He has also introduced her at concerts as being half cyborg. I wonder how many people have fallen for that?

Actually, there are lots of people [mainly on the Net] who believe due to Meg White's impeccable timing on the drums she is really actually a robot. Thus, probably why Jack introduced Meg as a cyborg, just to add to that sort of mystique behind the band.

Anyone heard Passive Manipulation off Get Behind Me Satan? Probably some allusion to them being thought of as brother and sister, yet really being ex-lovers.

Am I the only one who thinks she's a great drummer?

:lol:

Seconded. Meg White is a fucking HORRIBLE drummer. Probably the worst in mainstream music today. However she fits the look and Jack's talented enough to make up for her uselessness.