SPL Thread

I wouldn't get enough response to a Rangers thread but surely there will be enough interest in the entire League to keep this Thread going?

Anyways, the Football Season in Scotland kicked off today and it like this could actually be an interesting season in the SPL (or at least in comparison to previous years). Could this be the first time since seemingly forever that the Old Firm are split? Celtic look VERY unconvincing, probably the poorest Celtic Team I've seen in my life time and Rangers and indeed several other clubs seem to be on the up; Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen could all pose more of a threat than in recent years.

Heres the Results from Today:

Motherwell 4 - 4 Septic

(Lucky Shits, I had £1 on the Well :()

Hibs 1 - 1 Dunfermline

Falkirk 0 - 2 Inverness Caley

Kilmarnock 2 - 4 Hearts

Dundee United 1 - 1 Aberdeen

(Least Lee Miller got me something for First Goalscorer :))

The Champions ofcourse take on Livingstone tomorrow but I won't be able to make it because I'm working, hopefully it's on TV though.

Predictions:

Rangers to be Champions Easily.

Celtic to struggle to make 2nd Place.

Falkirk to be relegated.

_41359715_mcdonaldceleb270.jpg

_41360355_goconnorsns300.jpg

Thoughts? :)

Edited by Viper

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt realise we had a joke thread :P

Is the Rangers vs Livingstone match on tv? I am dying to watch some competative football. And yeah, I go with Celtic to struggle a bit, still getting second but definately giving up ground to the other teams.

They stupidly let their Captain (Jackie McNamara) go and their signings look to have been pretty shit this Pre-Season.

They have now had pretty much the exact same team since O'Neill first took over. That team peaked when they made it to the UEFA Cup final against Porto and the Celtic Board should have given O'Neill money to strengthen then, but they didn't.

O'neill used what money he had to extend the contracts of his aging favourites (Lennon, Harston, Thompson, Sutton etc.), now all in their mid to late 30s. They have gradually been getting worse for years now with the only bright spot being Bellamy, who was never realistically going to go to Celtic. O'Neill left at the end of last season to take a break and be with his Wife who has Cancer, leaving behind a mess at Celtic (his fault or not) and Strachan has been left to tidy it up with a shiter of a Transfer Budget. Many Celtic fans don't believe wee Gordon is the right man for the job and that the job is too much for him, some fans are calling for his resignation already.

So basically it's the Celtic Boards fault and maybe Martin O'Neill's to some extent.

Oh yeah, Larsson left too :)

Pfft, fuck the SPL. The Bell's Cup is where it's at. St Johnstone 2 - 0 Alloa. We're walking that first division biatch. :shifty:

Seriously though, Celtic are going to struggle this season. Camara looks awful and Balde has never been the same the he got sent off against Porto in the Uefa Cup final. Nine goals in two games? Complete shite. Rangers are going to piss that league next year and will continue to do so until Celtic get their heads out of their arses.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Camara looks awful and Balde has never been the same the he got sent off against Porto in the Uefa Cup final.  Nine goals in two games?  Complete shite.  Rangers are going to piss that league next year and will continue to do so until Celtic get their heads out of their arses.

Rangers won 3-0. I only saw the last 20 minutes cause I had to get my friend an 18th Birthday present :(

Prso was apparently brilliant and everybody else looked decent. Goals for Prso, Fanfan and Lovenkrands scored a good goal at the end. I'm starting to think we maybe should give him another season.

_41362139_prsocelebtwo203i.jpg

Livi looked pish today, but no difference there. Not quite sure about the red card, looked more like a yellow to me. Prso looked good again. Novo always looks like he's about to snap. Murray looked pretty good, looks at home at Rangers. Fanfan's goal looked to be going in anyway but you can't blame him for knocking it in. How many other center backs get debut goals? Lovenkrands goal was class, but I don't think it'll save him at Rangers as Eck seems to be pretty determined to show him the boot.

All in all, good performance from Rangers but Im looking foward to seeing them play against one of the better teams in the SPL.

Plus, I just got Setanta, so it looks like I'll be watching far more Scottish games this season. And Lyon vs Le Mans tonight...

Oooh, didn't realise Hearts/Hibs is next weekend. Quailty.

Edited by Turbonegro

Guest Booker T & The MG's

The fact that Scotsport last season was the worst and most cheesy show on TV and STILL had Archie McPhearson on, is driving me towards wanting Setanta.

Lovenkrands is reported to be on £17,000 a week and McLeish wants new players in but Lovenkrands wage is hindering him from bringing players in, I think that no matter how he plays this season I don't see Rangers renewing his deal.

I've not seen any of the games from yesterday but I do like the look of Hearts new strikeforce in Jankauskas and Bednar.