SPL Thread

Come on Heart of Midlothian.

For some reason I just like them, I never paid much attention to Scottish league but everyone just talks about Celtic and Rangers, so I picked Hearts to be different y'know.

We also have a substitute teacher at our school (ex-Scotland International (for one match)) and he supports them. (This being the Scotland International who decided he would leave his Scotland International tracksuit laying around in the school I go to (although before I was born) Needless to say he doesn't have it anymore.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also have a substitute teacher at our school (ex-Scotland International (for one match)) and he supports them. (This being the Scotland International who decided he would leave his Scotland International tracksuit laying around in the school I go to (although before I was born) Needless to say he doesn't have it anymore.

Alex McLeish has never been a great manager. The best thing he's done since taking over was signing Dado Prso (on a free no less). Other than that, he's sold almost all of our best players (Ferguson, Boumsong, Amoruso, etc etc) and hang onto guys who let's face it, will never be great (Malcolm, Thompson, etc), and I don't care how much he got for Ferguson, Boumsong, etc, because quite clearly he didn't use it very well. And a club that sell it's best players can only be moving down in the world of football.

He continued to play people in entirely wrong positions (ala Sven) and gave us one of the most embarrassing European runs ever when we managed to lose to a tiny club from some tiny European country (the name was really weird).

I think Rangers are honestly just going to have to focus on cups and Europe this season. Without the constant pressure to win the league all season (like the past 15 years or so) we might see a different, and better Rangers because of it.

And another thing, why does McLeish insist on benching Klos when Waterreus is maybe 1/5 the goalkeeper Klos is? I do not like it.

I hope Hearts win now, because it's either them or Celtic who are going to win. But then again, I'd rather see Caley Thistle win the league than Celtic. Maybe when Gretna eventually make it to the SPL we'll get a 4-way title race like in England (Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool). On a smaller scale of course.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Was speakin to my mate last night who's a Hearts fan and he thinks they will split The Old Firm and I agree with him. But if Hearts have minimal injuries until the transfer window, they will be buying players and then they are in with a great shot of winning it. Either way I'm loving this season, The Old Firm have needed humbling for a long time.

Hearts backline was awesome on Saturday it's the best in the country by far, and they fully deserved there win and it was'nt like they scored and were hanging on for the rest of the game when they scored, it was a performance that showed they can compete. On a side note Ian Murray acted like a total knobhead for that game yesterday, he's up there as being the most unwelcome person in Edinburgh.

15th October is the next test for Hearts it's Celtic away. Mon The Jambos!

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Alex McLeish has never been a great manager. The best thing he's done since taking over was signing Dado Prso (on a free no less). Other than that, he's sold almost all of our best players (Ferguson, Boumsong, Amoruso, etc etc) and hang onto guys who let's face it, will never be great (Malcolm, Thompson, etc), and I don't care how much he got for Ferguson, Boumsong, etc, because quite clearly he didn't use it very well. And a club that sell it's best players can only be moving down in the world of football.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Newcastle paid what, £8m for Boumsong? I didn't see much of him at Rangers, but based on his form for Newcastle you should have been laughing all the way to the bank. (Even if the money wasn't spent well like you said)

I remember someone saying Boumsong plays like he's got no studs in. And it's true, it's weird watching him play so badly in Newcastle, slipping around everywhere. He just needs a good kick up the arse from Souness, and Souness won't do it for some reason.

But anyways. The SPL's pretty boring now Hearts have taken over.

I remember someone saying Boumsong plays like he's got no studs in. And it's true, it's weird watching him play so badly in Newcastle, slipping around everywhere. He just needs a good kick up the arse from Souness, and Souness won't do it for some reason.

But anyways. The SPL's pretty boring now Hearts have taken over.

I think it shows Hearts character to come back in a match where they were 2-0 down and a player off. Wouldn't have guessed that Steven Pressley would have got a hat-trick though ;) Good news for Celtic though with Gordon out, Brellier? out and Bednar out. Can still see them challenging the old firm for a while yet, however they will falter before the end and finish a dissapointing third.

Killie drew 0-0 away to Dundee Utd. Our first goalless draw since Boxing Day 2001 (Y) We should have had a penalty in the last few minutes when Stillie brought down Boydie :thumbsdown: