Last Minute Poker Tips

lafunky xxvii

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EWB needs a nice little, affordable buy-in, hold'em tournament. Like five bucks or something.

Also, a lot of times in home games with new players, moreso than any big error in the way they play their cards, I see a lot of people who find out about tells on TV and then try to send out false ones and fool everybody. Don't bother.

Edited by That One Guy

Listen to all of your advices, I could beat the lot of you.

Bring it biotch. :P

I concur....

Hmmm...

Perhaps That One Guy is write...

I propse an EWB NLH tourny via online...

Ideas for what medium we could use?

Maybe alittle late, but something I like to do now is create an image at the poker table. As stupid as it sounds, making your opponents think you are playing on "tilt" is a perfect trap. Tilt, if you don't know, is playing loose and aggressively after getting a bad beat. For example, I lost putting someone all in when I had 2 Queens and he had K-Q. I lost to a King on the turn. So in response I got up from the table, screaming, and calling it bullshit and such. Three hands later I caught A-K and bet wildly, and people called with lower over cards, letting me catch 2 pair on the flop. Fun stuff. :)

Listen to all of your advices, I could beat the lot of you.

Bring it biotch. :P

I concur....

Hmmm...

Perhaps That One Guy is write...

I propse an EWB NLH tourny via online...

Ideas for what medium we could use?

I've said it before, if we have enough paying players, most poker sites will allow a password protected tourney.

Which gets me to thinking, I think it is WPTFan.com that has their password protected freeroll on Full Tilt. If that's the case, the tournament itself could be free to enter, as long as everyone had real money in an account. But i'm not really positive.

I've e-mailed FTP about a private tourney, just trying to figure out what the costs would be, etc.

PartyPoker.net lets people create private tables...

So there's a possibility.

EDIT:

TOG wanted me to post this...

Thank you for your e-mail. We offer the opportunity for you to hold private

tournaments. Please send the following information to

privatetournaments@fulltiltpoker.com :

Name/Title: {needs to be short enough to fit}

Buyin: {like $5 + $.50, or $10 + $1}

Game: {usually Hold'em}

Limit: {usually NL, but could be Fixed or Pot Limit}

Password: {up to 15 characters}

Date:

Time:

Amount of people expected:

Please take care with your password, as this is the only method of keeping

your tournament private.

Thank You

Selena

Team Full Tilt

Edited by Fleet Admiral Mick

I was getting tired, playing online, so, I went all in with 300 (fake) bucks on 8 2 offsuit. Just trying to go out with a bang. Well they both bet up more money for a three way flop.

10 9 J.

I didn't believe it, but the turn was a 7 and the last card was a 3, so I hit a straight jack high and won 1400 plus my 300 back.

Took me 12 hands to lose it all.

Poker is fun.

I've never seen a private table at Stars.  Must be new?

He be pulling your chain.

I'm curious.

What games does FTP host?

I know PokerStars has Hold 'Em, Omaha, O8B, Stud, and Stud8B, with a variety of betting limits or lack there of.

Just wondering.

If you wanted to make it free I'd just go onto pokerstars and sit at an empty table. If a non-EWB member came into the room before we all sat down everyone could sit out until they left. Blinds and shit wouldn't increase but we could all start with a limit and play until there was only one person left.

I was getting tired, playing online, so, I went all in with 300 (fake) bucks on 8 2 offsuit. Just trying to go out with a bang. Well they both bet up more money for a three way flop.

10 9 J.

I didn't believe it, but the turn was a 7 and the last card was a 3, so I hit a straight jack high and won 1400 plus my 300 back.

You want retarded? I was in a multi-table, down to the final 18 (out of 25, it's 3 am, not a lot of poker). The flops had been god-awful and I've been heckling this guy something awful.

He pushes to $420, I re-raise him all in on Q6 offsuit, he calls...with KK.

I picked up queens on the flop, queens and deuces on the river...but lost. Went out 2 hands later in 18th.

I then join a five-person tourney. Guy goes all in first hand, I've got A8 suited, I call him, he's got K2, same suit as me.

He beats me with deuces.

<_< I'm not liking poker at the moment, but there aren't enough people on UBO to play that.