Last Minute Poker Tips

lafunky xxvii

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of something else; Anyone care to explain when you can, and when you can't, Check?

Checking before the flop:

Only if you're in the Big Blind and nobody else has raised.

Checking after the flop:

If nobody makes a bet, you can check.

When you can't check before the flop:

If somebody made a raise.

When you can't check after the flop:

If someone made a bet.

I was getting tired, playing online, so, I went all in with 300 (fake) bucks on 8 2 offsuit. Just trying to go out with a bang. Well they both bet up more money for a three way flop.

10 9 J.

I didn't believe it, but the turn was a 7 and the last card was a 3, so I hit a straight jack high and won 1400 plus my 300 back.

Good, but not as good as this.

No, he's right, you're retarded. It's unamazing that you hit a straight with Queen Nine. You only needed three cards. I hit 4 cards to make a straight, and a straight was my only way out as he had a poket pair of kings. After the flop you needed 2 cards. I went all in before the flop, with an 8 and a 2. One out, and I hit it.

My hand was better. :P

I was getting tired, playing online, so, I went all in with 300 (fake) bucks on 8 2 offsuit. Just trying to go out with a bang. Well they both bet up more money for a three way flop.

10 9 J.

I didn't believe it, but the turn was a 7 and the last card was a 3, so I hit a straight jack high and won 1400 plus my 300 back.

No, he's right, you're retarded. It's unamazing that you hit a straight with Queen Nine. You only needed three cards. I hit 4 cards to make a straight, and a straight was my only way out as he had a poket pair of kings. After the flop you needed 2 cards. I went all in before the flop, with an 8 and a 2. One out, and I hit it.

SDM wins since he did it with an 8-2 offsuit, the worst hand in poker...

You just made a dumb bet and got lucky agaisnt the best pre-flop hand....

10 9 J.

Whilst we're on the topic of poker can anyone explain in plain english why a flush beats a straight. To my way of thinking if you are sat on 4 of a suit compared to needing the final connector your odds of hitting it have to be higher, there's 13 of a suit and only 4 of each denomination, so how exactly is it harder to make a flush?

Whilst we're on the topic of poker can anyone explain in plain english why a flush beats a straight. To my way of thinking if you are sat on 4 of a suit compared to needing the final connector your odds of hitting it have to be higher, there's 13 of a suit and only 4 of each denomination, so how exactly is it harder to make a flush?

Whilst we're on the topic of poker can anyone explain in plain english why a flush beats a straight.

I always thought that there are more combinations of making a straight then making a flush.

Figure in that there are only 13 cards of a given suit, compared to any combination of 5 to make a straight...

Although, I've always hit a flush more often then I have straights...