Kanye West's Late Registration

JerryLynn420

The album was leaked yesterday, possibly the night before. Has anyone heard it? I got it yesterday and didn't start listening to the album until today and I must say the album is some-what of a letdown. I'm not saying it's bad, way better then most of the stuff that's been dropping lately, but I expected way more especially his beats. None of the beats stand out compared to the beats in College Dropout. And most of the good songs that are on the album are the songs with guest appearences. The best beat is Drive Slow and that's not even his beat. Oh well, can't complain. At least you can tell he put all his best beats on Common's album. :w00t:

Edited by JerryLynn420

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the term 'beats'. I know there's other words to cal it (beside 'backing' or whatever). But I hate terms like "Those are some wicked beats". For me, beats make up bars. Or maybe that's my whole 'music' knowledge coming into play. :shifty:

Guest fullhouse

It's about what I expected. I wasnt looking for him to change the world with this CD. But I'm also one of the few people that considered College Dropout to be overratted as well. It was a good CD, but not as great as some people made it out to be.

Guest Red Devil

It wasn't as good as I expected. I'm not a huge fan of the genre but I liked a few tracks from the first CD. This one isn't as good but still has something to it that makes it stand out.

I bought it last night, its alright, there are some good songs, nothing great, not better then his last album, but its not like I was thinking he could top it.

Considering how most artists do on their second major label album (*cough*50 Cent*cough*), this album is really good. Doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but it's still one of the best hip hop albums released this far this year. My favorite tracks are Gold Diggers, My Way Home and Hey Mama.

That's not something I expected to hear from Heel Turn of all people. xD

I haven't heard the album yet, only Diamonds. Which is a fantastic song.

That's not something I expected to hear from Heel Turn of all people. xD

I haven't heard the album yet, only Diamonds. Which is a fantastic song.

Everyone's surprised when I confess to being a hip-hop fan, or a comic book fan, or something. Have I not made it abundantly clear yet that I'm a complete geek and media whore?

Oh, I already knew you were a hip-hop fan (I remember you talking about NWA before) but the "Shit's hot" remark just sounded odd coming from you of all people. :lol:

Kanye West raps hip-hop homophobia

Kanye West says ''gay'' has become an antonym to hip-hop -- and that it needs to be stopped.

During an interview for an MTV special, the 27-year-old rapper launched into a discussion about hip-hop and homosexuality while talking about Hey Mama, a song on his upcoming album, Late Registration.

West says that when he was young, people would call him a ``mama's boy.''

''And what happened was, it made me kind of homophobic, 'cause it's like I would go back and question myself,'' West says on the show, All Eyes on Kanye West, which aired Thursday night.

West says he changed his ways, though, when he learned one of his cousins was gay.

'It was kind of like a turning point when I was like, `Yo, this is my cousin. I love him and I've been discriminating against gays.' ''

West says hip-hop was always about ''speaking your mind and about breaking down barriers, but everyone in hip-hop discriminates against gay people.'' He adds that in slang, gay is ``the opposite, the exact opposite word of hip-hop.''

Kanye's message: 'Not just hip-hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just, to come on TV and just tell my rappers, just tell my friends, `Yo, stop it.' ''

West's sophomore album hits stores Aug. 30.

Interesting move, Kanye. With their being a whole slew of gay rappers, it'd be interesting if Kanye signed them to his record label.