WWE Raw: The Internet Era

thuganomic

Awesome RAW, it really was.

Hassan's re-debut was great, the promos by McMahon and Hassan were very realistic, I can't wait to see where you take Hassan.

The backstage bit with Tomko and Spanky was funny, I could see that happening too.

Great RAW, KUTGW.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god I am freakin in love! God damn this is the best WWE Diary I have ever seen, and you've only written three shows.

You freakin' nail all the promos and your angles are so well written, original, and have direction. I just can't get enough.

Really good Angle you have going with Hassan, it'll be interesting to see where you go with him as a face, looking for the fans approval. Then again, in the debut hype videos WWE had before he came to Television I thought that was how they were going to work his character.

The WWE really needs to take some guidance from you my man, this shits better than watching the actual show.

Me likey, me likey a lot. Especially loving the Hassan face turn, dude, that was very sincere, and very open. Plus, it didn't totally destroy the character of Hassan and replace him with Mark Magnus.

Everything else is going well, and personally love the small returns.

Tomko throwing Spanky back into the car that he came out of = HI-FREAKIN-LARIOUS!

Better than RAW's real direction, I gotta' say.

Guest chatterbox

Am I the only one that noticed how Rob Conway beat the Big Show? The Ego Trip? How the hell did he do that?

I'm loving the diary so far. Those Tomko segments were funny as hell.

Well it seems like Thug has a new diary...been a while since you did a WWE one. Reminds me the days of you and TRS doing that WWE split. I hope this diary will run as long as that..or even longer

Last RAW was good, I really like the segment where Tomko just threw Spanky back into the car. I hope those two will be like Heenan and the Raw guard during the 1992 period of Monday Night Raw........in other words(dress up Spanky as a rabbi or an old lady next week and try to make him sneak in the building...then Tomko finds out its him and takes him outta the building eventually)

Edited by D-Extreme

user posted image

user posted image

What You Didn't See After Raw

Just got back from the GEC. Not many people showed up, surprised to say, I guess the Hurricane hit harder than I thought. Almost the entire upper deck was taped off.

We started with John Cena coming out and thanking us for coming, and wishing us the best with the Hurricane.

Dark Tapings

TNT d. local jobbers

Johnny Jeter d. John Walters

Sunday Night Heat Tapings

The Heartthrobbers d. Colt Cabana and Roderick Strong

Matt Striker d. Tajiri

The Hurricane d. Rene Dupree

Cena came to after the cameras stopped rolling, and HBK-Cena took place. Pretty good match, with Cena going over with the F-U. Afterwards, they had some nice little skits where HBK basically made fun of the fans and Cena in return making of the 'Heartbreak' Kid

Biggest Pops

1. John Cena

2. Vince McMahon

3. The Hurricane

4. Shelton Benjamin

5. Matt Hardy

Biggest Heat

1. HBK

2. Kurt Angle

3. Muhammad Hassan

4. Eric Bischoff

5. Rob Conway

WWE Raw

September 12, 2005

Arena: Alltel Arena

City/State: Little Rock, AR

We are welcomed to Monday Night Raw by King, Coach, and Good Ol’ JR. They pimp Unforgiven, which is only in 6 days. JR mentions that tonight, both the WWE champion John Cena and the #1 contender Shawn Michaels will be competing, but that their opponents have not been revealed yet.

A Very Racy Issue

Muhammad Hassan walks out to open up the show, still drawing a very mixed reaction from the crowd. He has a microphone with him, and waits for the crowd to silence before beginning.

Hassan: On a night like tonight, I feel it’s even more important for us as Americans to come together. It doesn’t matter if you’re black or white, Christian or Muslim or Jewish, we need to all stand together and show the rest of the world solidarity and strength.

An “USA” chant breaks out, and it seems like Hassan has won the fans over.

Hassan: And once I again, I’d just like to state my appreciation to all of you guys for giving me a second chance. I won’t let you guys down, and I’ll tr-

Kerwin White’s music hits, drawing major heat from the fans. JR wonders what White is doing out there, but all will soon be explained as White has a microphone.

White: It’s good to be here with my people here in Arkansas! Now, normally, I’d be in the back practicing my golf swing or watching that genius Pat Robertson in my taped videos of the 700 club, but I’ve got a reason to be out here tonight. You see, Hassan, you just don’t seem to get it. These fans hate you, because you’re not a true American. You’re not like us. If you want to be accepted by the fans, you have to do like I did, and assimilate. See, they can’t seem to accept anything other than what they see all the time, so instead of waiting for them to change, I did the changing. And look at me, I’ve never done better, and I’ve never been as successful as I am now. People treat me better now. When I walk into Mobile or Shell, they don’t hand me the nozzle, they greet me with a smile. And here you go again, going on and on about how you’re proud of your heritage? I’d tread softly if I were you, remember the last time you were proud of your heritage?

White snickers, as Hassan angrily responds.

Hassan: Now, see here, while you’ve turned your back on your culture and your heritage, I will not do the same thing. It’s entirely possible to be a proud American, and still know and embrace your roots. And because I understand that, I’m just as big a patriot as anyone out here or back there.

Suddenly, “Medal” hits, and the self-proclaimed American Hero has decided to crash our little party. Sporting his new “Angry American” t-shirt, Kurt Angle certainly seems angry tonight as he marches down the ring with authority.

Angle: Now, Hassan, I was fine with what you said until you mentioned the whole patriot thing. It’s an absolute insult to me and to America that you would consider yourself a proud patriot? You see these? (Angle reaches into his shirt and grabs the gold medals) This is what a proud American patriot does for this country. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania….Steel City. I won a gold medal for THIS country in Atlanta, Georgia. I’ve entertained troops in Baghdad. So don’t even TRY and claim that you’re as patriotic as I am, especially on a day like this.

Kurt Angle is getting angrier and angrier as he finishes his tirade.

Hassan: Kurt, it’s absolutely admirable that you’ve done all these things. But I’ll have you know, I was born and raised in Syracuse, New York. I attended John Adams High School for four years. I’ve lived in this country all my life. Like many of you, I have friends and family fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan right now….uh, for this country. The fact of the matter is, Kurt, we both love and support this country. Can’t you just accept that?

Angle thinks for a moment.

Angle: Uh….no.

And with that, Kurt Angle nails Muhammad Hassan in the head with the microphone. Kerwin White and Kurt Angle stomp the living hell out of Muhammad Hassan. Kurt Angle picks Hassan up, and hands him over to Kerwin White. Kerwin White nails the huge BRAINBUSTER DDT on Hassan. He hands him over to Kurt Angle, who ruthlessly locks in the Anklelock as the crowd is now booing like crazy. Suddenly, Shelton Benjamin runs down the ramp and the heels clear the ring. Benjamin helps Hassan up to his feet as the crowd cheers. Angle and Benjamin exchange words as Angle and Kerwin White back up the ramp.

(80)

---COMMERCIALS---

The WWE Champion, John Cena, walks out to a massive ovation in Arkansas. He holds his world championship high as he walks down the ramp. He’s in the ring, waiting for his opponent, as Eric Bischoff walks out to huge heat.

Bischoff: Now, tonight, in the interest of fairness, of course, both Shawn Michaels and you, John Cena, will have matches. Now, without further adu, your opponent……….

“It Wasn’t MY Fault.”

The hideous Gene Snitsky walks down the ramp, yelling and snarling at John Cena. The match is about to begin when Bischoff continues again.

Bischoff: Oh, and just to make sure that the match stays secure and safe, you’ll also be facing the Head of Security, Tyson Tomko. Enjoy, John.

John Cena vs. Tyson Tomko and Gene Snitsky

Bischoff walks to the back as Tyson Tomko comes out. Meanwhile, Gene Snitsky has already started pounding on Cena in the ring as Tomko heads to his corner. Snitksy continues to beat on Cena, hitting him with clubbing blows to the back of the head. Snitsky whips Cena into the ropes, going to catch him with a clothesline, but Cena ducks. Cena gets some right hands in, some brief offense. Snitsky tags in Tomko, and the heels double-team the WWE champion in the corner. Mike Chioda forces Snitsky out of the ring, but the damage has been done. Tomko picks Cena up, and slams him down to the mat. Tomko covers, but Cena kicks out afte two. Tomko whips Cena into the ropes, and gets him in the overhead press. Cena flies the air and lands hard on his back. Tomko tags in Gene Snitsky, who removes his knee pad before dropping the knee on Cena’s face. Tomko covers, and only gets two.

Tomko and Snitsky takes turns beating on Cena for a good 5 minutes. Snitsky is in the ring with Cena, and he has a headlock locked in. Cena starts feeling the crowd, and shows some signs of life. He hits an elbow to the gut of Snitsky, and is eventually able to LIFT Snitsky up in a big back suplex! The crowd goes wild, as Snitsky crawls over to Tomko to make the tag. Tomko runs in, and gets knocked down with a huge clothesline. Cena meets Snitsky with a right hand as well. Tomko goes for a right hand, Cena ducks, and hits the THROWBACK! He covers. 1………2………Snitsky breaks it up. Snitsky whips Cena into the ropes, but Cena hits him with the running elbow. Cena’s pumping it up, and hits the 5 Knuckle Shuffle on Gene Snitsky. Tyson Tomko’s all alone in the ring, going for a big kick. Cena moves out of the way, and picks Tomko up……F-U! He covers. 1………2………3. It’s over. (10:49)

Winner: John Cena.

(71, 79, 64)

Absolutely Demolished

Cena has overcome the odds, and is just getting to his feet when he gets nailed by the huge SWEET CHIN MUSIC. Shawn Michaels comes out of nowhere, and hit Cena with the Superkick! HBK grabs a chair from ringside, and proceeds to destroy Cena with the steel chair. He leaves the WWE champion battered, bloodied, and broken. JR wonders what has gotten into the Heartbreak Kid as we head to break.

---COMMERCIALS---

A Job….But..What?

We see Eric Bischoff walking back toward his office, very pleased with the demolition of John Cena. He walks in the door, unlocks it, turns around, and staggers back in shock at the sight of the perky Spanky.

Spanky: Hey, Boss!

Bischoff: What th-….how the hell did you get in here?

Spanky: Didn’t you hear? Vince was so impressed with my efforts these last couple of weeks, that he gave me a job. Cool, huh?

Bischoff: Uh…no. So, what the hell do you want? You got a job.

Spanky: I want to wrestle, duh! (Spanky laughs). Come on, how about a match tonight?

Bischoff: (Thinks). Tell you what, you can have a match tonight. And not just any match, how about this….imagine….Spanky…in his “official Raw debut,” in the main event…tonight!

The crowd pops as Spanky’s eyes light up.

Bischoff: That’s right, it’ll be Spanky one on one against the ‘Heartbreak Kid,’ Shawn Michaels. And let me tell you, I don’t think Shawn’s too happy tonight. Good luck out there.

With that, Bischoff pats a shocked Spanky on the back, forcing him out of his office.

(84)

Spanky gained overness from this segment.

An Unforgiven Challenge

We follow Spanky out his office, where he passes The Hurricane and Rosey with Miss Stacy Keibler. They are interrupted, however, by Rob Conway.

Hurricane: Why, greeting, Citizen Conway, why the long face?

Conway: Hmm…could it be from the fact that a green little freak like you is Raw’s Intercontinental Championship? Let’s face it, nobody likes Hurricanes……especially after you decimated the south, actually, you did them a favor, there was nothing good down there an-

Hurricane: (clears throat). It sounds to me like you’re seeing a little green yourself.

Conway: You bet I am, since I’m so much better. After all, I already beat you on Raw last month, and I gave the 500 Pound Big Show the Ego Trip last week. I want a title shot at Unforgiven, and you’re gonna give it to me.

Conway walks up threateningly to the Hurricane, but the superhero replies with a smile.

Hurricane: The Hurricane is always looking for new challenges, so I’ll see you there.

The prompt and cheerful answer seems to surprise Conway, who stammers a bit.

Conway: Fi-fine.

He starts to leave, but turns right into Rosey, who also gives him a thumbs up and a big smile. Conway is merely disgusted and walks away.

Rosey: What’s his problem?

The Superheros shrug, and continue chatting among themselves.

(73)

A Little Help

Backstage, we see Chris Masters scouring the hallways, passing the Superheroes. Turning a corner, he runs right into Kurt Angle, who gives him a little glare.

Masters: Kurt Angle, excellent work out there, I really felt what you were speaking, telling that nobody Hassan, and sticking him in his place. Very nice.

With that, Angle seems to lighten up a bit.

Angle: Yeah, I sure did, didn’t I? You’re that Masterpiece kid, right? Chris Masters. Got yourself in a bit of a predicament there with the Big Show, didn’t you?

Masters: What do you mean?

Angle: Come on, you can’t honestly expect that you’ll be able to keep the Masterlock on a guy who’s twice your size? What you need is a little help, a little guidance, from someone who’s beat Big Show multiple times in the past, someone with Intelligence, Intensity, and Integrity, someone like say….me.

With that, Angle pulls Chris Masters towards him and whispers something in his ear as we cut to break.

(85)

Kurt Angle lost overness from this segment. Chris Masters gained overness from this segment.

---COMMERCIALS---

Big Masterlock Challenge

“WELL…….IT’S THE BIG SHOW.”

The 500 pound Big Show walks out to a nice ovation, as we’re getting ready for the Masterlock Challenge. He stands in the ring, anxiously waiting for Chris Masters. The Masterpiece’s music hits, but Masters is nowhere to be found! Suddenly, we see him sneaking up behind the Big Show, steel chair in hand!

Masters swings, and clocks Big Show in the back of the head. However, Big Show just turns around, and goes right after Masters. Masters is begging Big Show, who’s simply telling Masters, “Let’s see that Masterlock.” Suddenly, Masters grabs something from his bag, and it’s a tranquilizer gun! The Coach muses that the gun must’ve been the little “something” that Kurt Angle helped Masters with! Masters shoots a dart right in the neck of the Big Show, who takes a few slumbering steps before collapsing to the mat.

Chris Masters now takes the opportunity to apply the Masterlock on the fallen Big Show. He even goes as far as to taunt the unconscious giant. The referee helplessly lifts Big Show’s arm, and it drops down lifelessly. Masters grins as the crowd gets on him. Chris Masters goes to leave, when suddenly, the Big Show comes to life! Masters turns around, and the Big Show, groggy and all, still manages to plant him with the huge Chokeslam! Big Show grabs a microphone, and voice still slurred, begins to speak.

Show: Chris Masters, I’ll see your ass at Unforgiven, and let me ju-

He then falls to his knees again before medical help comes and tends to both men.

(71)

No Worries

We see Muhammad Hassan walking backstage, and he knocks on Shelton Benjamin’s door.

Hassan: Hey, Shelton. I really appreciate your help earlier tonight.

Benjamin: Don’t sweat it. Kurt’s just a bully, and I wasn’t particularily digging what Kerwin White had to say either. I’d like to think that I’ve accomplished a lot more than he has, and I’m not exactly white.

Hassan: I just wanted to let you know that I’ve done a lot of stuff in the past, and I’m a changed man. So, I’m hoping we can put it behind u-

Benjamin: No problem. Don’t even mention it, it’s so far behind us. Now, let’s go kick some ass.

Benjamin gives Hassan a high five, and the two disappear out the door, as JR informs us that the tag team match is next!

(78)

Kurt Angle and Kerwin White vs. Shelton Benjamin and Muhammad Hassan

Kerwin White is the first one out. He’s followed by his “twin,” Kurt Angle, who gets huge heat complete with “You Suck” chants. Muhammad Hassan comes out with Shelton to his music, and gets a nice pop. Shelton starts in the ring with Kurt Angle. They again start it off with the technical chain wrestling, with Kurt Angle getting the headlock. Benjamin pushes out of it, and Angle knocks him down with the shoulder block. Kurt Angle whips Benjamin into the ropes. Benjamin slides underneath, and uses his speed to take Angle down. Shelton Benjamin picks Angle up, and hits him with the scoop slam. He covers, but Angle quickly kicks out. Benjamin holds Angle, and Muhammad Hassan wants in the match. Benjamin tags him in, and the duo whip Angle into the ropes, and hit a nice double flapjack. Hassan covers, but Kerwin White breaks up the pin. Angle tags in White, who jumps over the apron, hitting Hassan with the flying double axe handle.

Kerwin works on the left leg of Hassan, locking in a leg lock. Hassan tries to make it to his feet, and White continues to kick him in the knee. Kerwin White tags in Kurt Angle, who ruthlessly snaps on the leg lock, bending Hassan’s knees. Angle’s actually getting some pops as he continues to wrench the leg of Hassan. Hassan, after awhile, begins to build momentum. Hassan hits Kurt Angle with several right hands, and makes a huge lunge, grabbing the ropes. Kurt Angle runs at Hassan, who counters into the sidewalk slam. Hassan makes the tag to Shelton Benjamin, and Shelton Benjamin runs at Kurt Angle, who quickly tags Kerwin White in! White gets knocked down. Angle tries to hit Benjamin from behind, but Benjamin knocks him down as well. Kerwin White walks right into a big belly to belly suplex from Shelton Benjamin. But Kurt Angle runs in and hits three big German Suplexes to Shelton Benjamin. Angle turns around, however, and gets PLANTED with a Gutwrench Powerbomb from Muhammad Hassan!

Kerwin White, meanwhile, has Shelton Benjamin in the middle of the ring, going for the Brainbuster. Muhammad Hassan runs in and breaks it up. Hassan whips Kerwin White into the corner, and Shelton Benjamin nails the Stinger Splash. White is in la-la land, and Benjamin hits him with the Exploder for the win. (9:59)

Winners: Shelton Benjamin and Muhammad Hassan

(86, 87, 85)

The faces celebrate in the ring, as Kurt Angle exchanges heated words with Shelton Benjamin.

---COMMERCIALS---

Matt Hardy and Rob Van Dam vs. Edge and Carlito

Carlito’s music hits and the former Intercontinental champion is greeted with boos and jeers. Edge follows with Lita and the Money in the Bank, and garners an even larger reaction. We’re all set for the faces, when we see Maria backstage with Rob Van Dam.

Maria: Rob, tonight is your first night back, what are your thoughts on that?

RVD: Well, Maria, I’ve waited a long time to get back to the ring, and I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t 100% healthy. I’m just glad to be Mr. Monday Night again, and thrilled to be tagging with a guy like Matt Hardy.

Matt Hardy walks into the shot, as RVD gives him a thumbs up.

Hardy: Rob, I’ve got no beef with you, but tonight, you just worry about Carlito, because Edge is mine….

RVD: Cool guy….a bit angry at times though.

RVD shrugs and follows Matt Hardy to the ring.

“Monster Magnet” hits, as Matt Hardy walks down the ramp, pointing and motioning to Edge and Lita the entire way down. RVD soon follows, and gets a huge pop upon his return. Carlito starts in the ring with Matt Hardy, who seems keen on telling Carlito to tag Edge in. While he’s mouthing off with Edge, however, Matt gets ambushed from behind by Carlito. Carlito pounds on Matt for awhile, but Matt angrily pushes him down. Matt nails him with a hard right hand, and goes right back to talking smack to Edge. Carlito again gets the upper hand on him, backing him into his own corner. RVD makes the blind tag in, rolling over Matt’s back, and kicking Carlito in the face. Carlito quickly makes the tag to Edge. Edge and RVD square off, when suddenly, Matt Hardy charges in the ring and takes Edge out! Referee Chad Patton tries to get Matt off, but it’s no use. (2:06)

Winner: No Contest

(83, 84, 83)

Matt and Edge continue to brawl as road agents run down, trying to separate the two. The crowd goes nuts as they fight in the crowd to the back. They eventually get separated, as JR wonders what kind of havoc they will wreak at Unforgiven in the No Holds Barred match.

---COMMERCIALS---

Rob Conway vs. Rosey

The World Tag Team champions come out, accompanied by Stacy Keibler. They show footage of the challenge being made, and announce that Rob Conway will get a chance at the Intercontinental Championship at Unforgiven. Mr. Conway walks out from the back, looking very confident.

Conway and Rosey lock up, with Rosey easily winning. Rosey whips Conway into the ropes, and knocks him down. Conway, however, begins to use his speed and quickness in taking the big man down. Conway is able to hit a DDT on the S.H.I.T. Conway, looking to repeat last week’s effort, lifts ROSEY up in the air, and hits the Ego Trip! The fans are genuinely shocked as Conway gets the pinfall that easily and quickly (2:08).

Winner: Rob Conway

(67, 71, 63)

The Hurricane runs in to look after his partner, but Rob Conway starts beating on the Intercontinental Champion! Hurricane tries to fight back, but Conway hits the Ego Trip on him as well. Conway has single-handedly laid out the tag team champions. He holds up the Intercontinental Title to the dismay of the crowd.

JR, King, and Coach run down the official, final Unforgiven card.

user posted image

WWE Championship

John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

Teacher vs. Pupil

Kurt Angle vs. Shelton Benjamin

No Holds Barred

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Chris Masters vs. Big Show

Intercontinental Championship

Rob Conway vs. Hurricane

Muhammad Hassan vs. Kerwin White

Rob Van Dam vs. Carlito

Since I feel like nitpicking...

“Monster Magnet” hits, as Matt Hardy walks down the ramp, pointing and motioning to Edge and Lita the entire way down.

"Live For the Moment" not "Monster Magnet". The latter is the group that does the theme song :)

Anyways...I'm really liking this. Keep up the good work (Y)

Edited by thuganomic

Love to see Conway's push, hopefully he wins the IC title at Unforgiven. I would've loved to see Spanky get some offense in against Shawn, but *sigh* it served it's purpose.

Good finish. Hopefully that means Shawn's going over at Unforgiven. :)

EDIT: Just a note, but these predictions aren't for the contest. They're a personal thing, to see whether or not I can guess the logical booking.

- WWE Championship

John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

Cena is still over with the fans, and Michaels winning so soon after losing to a geriatric just wouldn't be right.

- Teacher vs. Pupil

Kurt Angle vs. Shelton Benjamin

If only for the fact that Benjamin actually was in the WWE (albeit only on Heat) before Team Angle.

- No Holds Barred

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Just for the hell of it. Personally, I could see this feud developing in to a fight for the Money in the Bank title shot.

- Chris Masters vs. Big Show

Masters might have the strength, but Show has to win this just for the sake of revenge.

- Intercontinental Championship

Rob Conway vs. Hurricane

C'mon, the Green Guy has to keep it. Otherwise, the Intercontinental championship will look like the Tag Team titles did during the Alliance era - totally pointless.

- Muhammad Hassan vs. Kerwin White

By cheating, of course, using a golf club to knock Hassan down and out, and giving Hassan a nice little feud to build off of.

- Rob Van Dam vs. Carlito

Fact is, you gotta' give RVD the win here. It's his return match, dammit.

Edited by Nick Adams

Guest Sesame Seed

People don't understand English do they?

"Oh, and I'd say hold off on the predictions until I post the "Official Card" complete with bonus questions and stuff. I'm still trying to think of something I can do for the winner."

Honestly.

Well, I just read the last RAW, as well as the others and have to agree with everyone else. The promos are very good, and the matches are very well written, but by the sounds of things you have been doing diaries for a very long time. I like how you don't go OTT with the backstage shit, but give enough information to seem believeable and without wasting time or taking anything away from the shows. Unforgiven looks solid, but unlike some people, I'll wait till the final card is posted before giving my (what I hope will be) spot on predictions. Thanks.

RAW was good. But I dunno with Spanky being hired that quickly...but then again, it IS Vince McMahon and he likes throwing a monkey wrench at Bisch.

The opening promo with White/Angle/Hassan was a good promo. The Hurricane/Conway match for the IC title? That sounds nice. However, the Conway match against Rosey sorta reminded me of the thing Tomko did to them last RAW(in real life)

The PPV is shaping up to be a good one.