Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After several restarted games, I've finally found a place to call home in the Conference. I took charge at Dagenham and Redbridge, and already I'm having more fun than I did during any of my games in the higher divisions. So far I've strengthened the squad immensely, and won the first four games of the season with a recent 8-3 mauling of Kidderminster. I'm only expected to achieve a mid table finish, but fuck that I'm going straight for promotion <_<

Edited by Xero Gravity

Last time I networked gamed was with 03/04 when myself and a friend would spend the evening him as West Brom me as West Ham both trying to break through the Championship into the Prem....Happy days. It's a great game networked because it increases the competition element, but it can really slow down.

Me, Summers and Dan have had a few games, we also recently had a short one with Ravenjuice, but they rarely went too long. The original League 1 one was fucking cool, me and Summers were heading towards the Championship with Bristol City and Barnsley while Dan was struggling mid-table with Hartlepool

I decided to take control of my local team a while back, good old Cork City in the League of Ireland. Just getting them to a position to turn fully pro was a pain.

But after 4 years, I moved to Real Murcia, in the Spanish second division, and set myself the task of getting promoted within 3 years. Man that was a big mistake.

Me, Summers and Dan have had a few games, we also recently had a short one with Ravenjuice, but they rarely went too long. The original League 1 one was fucking cool, me and Summers were heading towards the Championship with Bristol City and Barnsley while Dan was struggling mid-table with Hartlepool

Say, didn't someone quit that because they weren't doing so well? >_>

I decided to take control of my local team a while back, good old Cork City in the League of Ireland. Just getting them to a position to turn fully pro was a pain.

Can teams actually turn pro in FM?

Well they were semi pro, and after a few years getting money in through European competitions, they turned fully pro. So I guess if it can happen to a club when your in charge, it must be able to happen to any team not fully pro on the database.

Can teams actually turn pro in FM?

Well...that was fucking awesome...:D

Having a great run in the Carling Cup with my Walsall team (who are currently sitting 2nd in the Championship on a 14 match unbeaten streak), and I draw Chelsea in the semi-final, with the first leg at the Bescott. Ok, fine, no problem, it was a good run while it lasted and losing to the best team left in the competition (me, Chelsea, Charlton and Burnley left) isn't terrible. Get to the first leg, and finishes 1-1 after a damn even game, with my team possibly the better of the two, but I guess, ya know, it's all over because there's zero chance I'm going to Stamford Bridge and winning...well...

post-126-1146785335_thumb.jpgpost-126-1146785343_thumb.jpg

Seriously was fucking awesome! Could've scored more as well. Bodor's goal was a 50-yarder after the 'keeper had come out to clear it but hit it straight to him. Well chuffed. :D

Edited by TMM

Guest Professor Kou

So say I'm editing in a team from the Conf North/South into a custom team. How would I go about making custom made kits work for showing up for that team?

I've never done it before but after having a quick look I think this is how it's done.

Firstly you'll need to put the image into the relevant folder. conf north for me is:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data\graphics\pictures\kits\clubs\eng\conference north

Looking at the others it should be a PNG at 87x66.

Next you need to get the teams Unique ID. It probably says it on the Editor when you have the team up, if not you can start a game as them and them turn the option on to see the Unique ID under the options tab. Take this number and open up the XML file in the English kits folder, should be named config.

I'll take an existing one as an example.

<record from="conference north/alfreton_town_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/5100015/kits/home"/>

<record from="conference north/alfreton_town_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/5100015/kits/away"/>

conference north is the folder of the image, change that to south if you're in the south. alfreton_town_home is the file name of the image, change that too.

The rest, I assume, you won't have to change. Except for that long number which you'll need to replace with the Unique ID you got earlier. Rinse/Repeat for the away kit. Just in case you have more than just home/away stuff done then according to Stoke's info:

<record from="championship/stoke_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/721/kits/third"/>

It should just be case of putting the number in instead of home/away. ie third, fourth etc etc.

Save the file and it should be done.

Edited by King Ellis

Having a great run in the Carling Cup with my Walsall team (who are currently sitting 2nd in the Championship on a 14 match unbeaten streak), and I draw Chelsea in the semi-final, with the first leg at the Bescott. Ok, fine, no problem, it was a good run while it lasted and losing to the best team left in the competition (me, Chelsea, Charlton and Burnley left) isn't terrible. Get to the first leg, and finishes 1-1 after a damn even game, with my team possibly the better of the two, but I guess, ya know, it's all over because there's zero chance I'm going to Stamford Bridge and winning...well...

Seriously was fucking awesome! Could've scored more as well. Bodor's goal was a 50-yarder after the 'keeper had come out to clear it but hit it straight to him. Well chuffed. :D

:o

What is that sexay skin?? And do the little club images come with? Link!!!!!

Also, I want to start a new game to play, what good experiences have people had with clubs? With clubs are good fun to play with? I need suggestions people!

It's called FM Swoosh, and it's the grey version, and no the badges don't come with. You can get them all from sortitoutsi.net, some on the site and some on the forums, dunno if they're up again now because they were offline for a bit during the week. The logos and badges are mostly on the forums. Thing is, they only look good on this skin.

Ah, just looked, the forums are mostly dead.

It is. Bugger. Dunno where else you'll be able to get them. I've (obviously) got them, and I can try and send them through MSN if people want them. Or I can send them to someone who can host them.