Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just lost in the Carling Cup 2nd Round to Bristol Rovers on penalties, Both of my goalkeepers got injured, Stack in the fifth minute and then Hahnemann (just back from an injury himself) in the 63rd. At this point it was 1-0 to us, so I stuck Aaron Lennon in goal (he had the best GK rating out of the players on the pitch - a whopping 4) and put everyone back except the two strikers. Set it to ultra defensive with counter attack on, and we held out until the 89th minute when they scored.

Somehow got past extra time, but I didn't really have a hope on penalties. They scored all of their's and we missed our first, so we went out.

Then went into a match at Old Trafford against Man Utd, with Capriotti in goal. Thought we'd get hammered but Capriotti played a blinder, got a 9 and Man of the Match rating. We kept it at 0-0 until the 85th minute when horseface bundled one in from a massive 6 yards out, leaving us in 15th.

Also a question I've been meaning to ask; do chairman ever retire/resign, and are they replaced by regens?

Yeah. You get a new board, and usually a bit of a cash injection.

Is that real? I've never seen any chairman changes in my game. They never buy staff either, only when I rob them of all their good ones.

:o Headhunting is cheating!

After opening up a decent lead in the table (about 10 points) I've found myself getting TWELVE injuries very quickly, with my top goalscorer (Lee Trundle, 27 goals in 24 appearances) being ruled out for up to 3 months.

So my lead is now down to 8 points, and my 21 game unbeaten streak came to an end as I lost 2-0 away to Leicester.

I was favourites to be relegated. I think the game hates my success.

Guest muddatrucker

I have about 6 assistant managers, I did have Tord Grip but he said he wanted to retire so I fired his ass, then I went to the likes of Steve McClaren and Juve and Milans staff and offered them the jobs, they all accepted so now I kinda just have loads.

I steal all my staff from Chelsea usually, I come back and they've been replaced straight away.