Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, sorry about losing my rag with you the other day Kat. Right after I posted that I learned Rangers had lost 2-0 to Celtic (in real life) as well, so needless to say it was a good thing I posted when I was in a slightly better mood. (¬_¬)

My game has been great since my last complain-spree. I have an 11 point lead at the top of the table because all the promotion candidates keep drawing and beating each other. It's great. And I've lined up some excellent youth prospects for the January transfer window. Things...can only gte bettah...can only get battah baybee...(8)

Any ideas for improving my defence? I am winning games fine, but I've only kept one clean sheet in 12+ games. At first, I was winning 3-1/4-1, so I didn't care as much, but the last few games its become more of a problem.

As individuals, no-one in my backline (I'm Newcastle with Carr, Maduro, Elliott and Zonneveld as my first-choice backline) plays badly, so it's not like I can say one player needs dropping, but as a team we can't defend for shit.

Yes he is.

FYI, My first choice line-up (4-4-2): Given, Carr, Maduro, Ellliott, Zonneveld, Solano, Emre (attacking), Parker (defensive), Duff, Luque, Martins.

Owen is still injured.

I got sacked by Spurs midway through my second season, apparently 6th wasn't good enough for them, and a place in the UEFA Cup Semi finals the year before. So i spent a month waiting for a job offer until Watford offered me a job, they were bottom of the Championship and somehow I kept them up. Spending 1 million on three key players (Euell, Viduka and Kilgallon) they provided the goals and the defensive know-how to keep us up.

Then the next season with some good free transfers and the signing of David Healy to go upfront with my other strikers and we are now in 4th with 7 games to go. Hopefully we can do the business in the playoffs because I can't see us catching up Man City and Portsmouth in 1st and 2nd. Hopefully Euell can keep scoring and Pique and Morais can do the job in defence.

This is getting fucking bullshit. I have hardly any transfer budget (£1.8m) and in a bid to sign Mathijsen (sp) ti improve my defence, who is wanted by about every club in Europe, I arrange a deal where I pay £1.4M up front, and more over 24 months. He agrees terms, but the transfer gets cancelled because it goes over my criminally low budget (was hoping paying most in installments would make it ok).

The real fucking annoying thing is I can't offload any players. Steven Taylor was going to some Spanish club for £1M, but rejected the contract because he wants more money. Michael Chopra could have gone to Wigan or Bolton for £1.4M, but rejected terms because he wanted more money, and has instead opted to join Leicester for free in the summer the fucking cunt, and no-one wants Shola Ameobi.

I'm trying to sign players on loan, as my midfield is totally injured. Chelsea have Salomon Kalou listed for loan, and he can play midfield. I put in a loan offer, and they reject is because they "don't want the player to go out on loan", which defeats the FUCKING POINT of having him listed FOR loan doesn't it?

In short I am so fucking frustrated right now its not true.

Edited by timmayy rave

Firstly, thou shalt not sell Steven Taylor. Unless you want to be different an appease Tom.

Secondly, they probably don't want Kalou to go to you caus you're a rival Premiership team. If some foreign side came in they'd probably be more than happy to ship him off.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

Shit......

Managed to offload him to Villa.

For a lot less. Insert a decimal point in the 15, and you'll get a clearer picture of how much. I'm still working on signing Mathijsen, with an intricate amount of bonus payments to avoid me spening that much in one go.

Fuck Chelsea, fuck Liverpool, and Fuck Man Utd...

I took Sunderland all the way to the Premiership title in my current season, and amassed a fairly sexy squad in the process. Now that it's ended, those fucking vultures are circling in an attempt to rape me of what I managed to aquire. Liverpool have already taken my star striker Anrdey Arshavin for £15.8M thanks to his minimum release clause, and Chelsea look to be taking Jermain Defoe as well. Man Utd (and Chelsea for that matter) think it's funny to make bids for at least 4 of my players at a time <_<

In a way I'm not too fussed about Defoe though, as I managed to get him for a measly £4.8M thanks to him being pissed off with Tottenham, and them in need of the cash. He bagged nearly 20 goals in as many games, and along with Arshavin made sure I won the league. Chelsea came along offering £11.8M and both Gallas and Del Horno. So while I don't really want to let go of one of my best players, I could do with the defensive back up.

So, anyone have any ideas on who I should splash my newfound wealth on? I'm not too good when it comes to the midfield, although I've got Rosicky coming in by July. Another good striker would be helpful too...and price doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment :P

Shit......

Managed to offload him to Villa.

For a lot less. Insert a decimal point in the 15, and you'll get a clearer picture of how much. I'm still working on signing Mathijsen, with an intricate amount of bonus payments to avoid me spening that much in one go.