Champions League Thread

AJ

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it happening quite easily. I don't really mind who wins now though, I'd like to see Liverpool or Arsenal do it. Just to keep the trophy in Britain - or England as matter of fact - but I don't mind entirely either way.

It's nice to see Liverpool go out, mainly because they beat Juventus last year, but also because I knew they wouldn't retain the trophy. It's partly a shame that they didn't get through though, I'd have liked Juventus/Liverpool again. Also noticed Micolli scored the second goal, always thought alot of him, never really get's as big of a chance as he deserves.

Surprised Arsenal went through, yet for some reason a little happy. I like Madrid a lot but at the same time I'm hoping Arsenal can get far simply to shut up the people who believe they aren't all that good anymore. They're the only English club left and they're battling all the way. I'd love Barcelona/Arsenal in the next round. Henry and Ronaldinho against each other? Yes please.

Milan and Lyon cruising. Big surprise about Milan killing Bayern, yet it shows how good they can be. Lyon really are impressive as well, they're goal scoring machines. I wouldn't like Juventus to meet them.

I'll just post the draw in here.

Quarter-final draw

Arsenal v Juventus

Lyon v AC Milan

Inter Milan or Ajax v Villarreal

--

Semi-Final draw

Arsenal or Juventus v Inter Milan/Ajax or Villarreal

Lyon or AC Milan v Benfica or Barcelona

That's crazy. Juventus/Arsenal is going to be awesome. Henry playing against his old club and of course Vieira going up against Arsenal. This will easily be my favourite game of the tournament, I really do think it'll be brilliant.

Barcelona should cruise to victory and Lyon/Milan looks like a goal scoring thriller. Personally think Inter Milan will pick up the victory in both their games. It'd be a joy to see both Inter and Juventus go through, then Juventus to knock them out, just to shut up the cocky mouth of Mancini, who thinks his club is better than everyone else in the world.

I believe whoever wins out of Arsenal/Juventus will go onto the final. I know anything can happen in football, but I'd put my money on it. The idea of a possible Arsenal/Juventus going against Barcelona/Milan in the final sounds awesome :)

I hope at least one of the Italian teams gets knocked out. It'll be a shit semi final if three of the teams are Italian. Arsenal, Ajax, Milan and Barca would be nice. But that's a lot of ifs and buts.