Champions League Thread

AJ

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly the Anderlecht player said "fucking blacks", and credit to the referee for having the bottle to send him off.

Nice to see Nando get a goal as well - I *hope* that this means he can start getting some confidence and momentum, although I've said that before. With Cisse starting to score as well, hopefully our strikers'll start banging them in.

Apparantly the Anderlecht player said "fucking blacks", and credit to the referee for having the bottle to send him off.

I knew it. The commentators are morons. They were like "well it seems he hasn't done anything wrong so it must simply be the conversation, but in the context of the match that's very unfair."

I thought he might have said the N word. They showed it in slow motion, but I wasn't sure on the second word. I applaud the referee though.

Just watched the highlights. Anyone see the goal against Inter, for Porto? Stunning freekick, maybe the best goal so far.

Lyon are looking awesome, certainly contenders for this thing IMO. I never rated them greatly, but now they've really impressed me this season. Should be good to see how far they go from here.

I knew it. The commentators are morons. They were like "well it seems he hasn't done anything wrong so it must simply be the conversation, but in the context of the match that's very unfair."

I thought he might have said the N word. They showed it in slow motion, but I wasn't sure on the second word. I applaud the referee though.

Well, another great display from us tonight, except for one or two nervy moments, we were just a class (or tweleve) above Sparta Prague. All the goals were really good as well, and I'm just happy to see us with 12 points from a possible 12 and the fact that we're through with two games to spare!

Revenge on Bayern is sweet. What a second goal, outstanding chip from Vieira, Trezerguet chests it and somehow turns and stricks into the corner passed Khan. Brilliant stuff.

Sounds like a fab night of football, shame highlights were on last night so we don't get tonights.

You could say it was a pretty damn good goal, perhaps?

• 5 weeks later...

Well we're into the final 16 now it seems. The group winners cant be drawn against each other, same with group runners up.

First:

Juventus (ITA)

Arsenal FC (ENG)

FC Barcelona (ESP)

Villarreal CF (ESP)

AC Milan (ITA)

Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)

Liverpool FC (ENG)

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)

Runners Up:

FC Bayern München (GER)

AFC Ajax (NED)

Werder Bremen (GER)

SL Benfica (POR)

PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Real Madrid CF (ESP)

Chelsea FC (ENG)

Rangers FC (SCO)

Looks interesting. The winners will get an easier draw without a doubt, but there's still a fair share of great teams in the runner up places. Chelsea, Madrid and Munich are all teams I'd want to avoid. I'd love to see Chelsea draw Arsena or Barcelona. Arsenal simply because it'd be a brilliant English clash, and Barcelona because they're still out for revenge from last season, and the two produce brilliant stuff together. I've got a funny feeling Juve will yet again draw Madrid, I hope not for some reason.