The Movies

Sir Alan LCSugar

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no Kouvies for now ? :(

Maybe Ellis&Kouvies for now.

Speaking of which, something's on the way. Only took me an hour and a half to do the trailer. God knows how long the proper thing will take.

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RU1ZHO...YS391KJ1YXCM42R

'A Fist Full Of Squancho: Trailer'

Enjoy!

Edited by King Ellis

no Kouvies for now ? :(

Maybe Ellis&Kouvies for now.

Speaking of which, something's on the way. Only took me an hour and a half to do the trailer. God knows how long the proper thing will take.

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RU1ZHO...YS391KJ1YXCM42R

'A Fist Full Of Squancho: Trailer'

Enjoy!

1) It's a trailer

2) It's my first freakin try

Question in regard to soundtracks, do the files have to be .ogg or can i stick MP3s in there?

Edited by King Ellis

Fanku just watched it, a good little movie there although I think a little more plot narration would've been better for the overall story.

Pepsi, although I wasn't particularly impressed with Ellis' movie at least he kept it private rather then releasing to TMO so he was just showing us what he's done. Not the best thing I've seen but at least you're learning the system ok now.

Fanku just watched it, a good little movie there although I think a little more plot narration would've been better for the overall story.

Pepsi, although I wasn't particularly impressed with Ellis' movie at least he kept it private rather then releasing to TMO so he was just showing us what he's done. Not the best thing I've seen but at least you're learning the system ok now.

Jeez, I was just giving an opinion.

And it's a fair one, to be honest I was half just throwing crap at the wall to see what I had to play with. I just didn't realise people would be too critical at this early stage as everyone is still new to the game. Hopefully I can work something good out.

I like this game and all but it feels so limited in what you should be able to do. Simple things like being able to move people within a set, telling to walk from Point A to Point B or to turn 90 degrees or whatever. Plus it's buggy as all hell, made this lone 8 minute movie and the main character's custome changes 3 times for no reason and I can't get it to stop no matter how many times I take it back and re-write it so he wears the same clothes. Very frustrating. And what's the deal with having CGI costumes but you can have like a CGI space battle or something? Would be cool if they gave you like stock fottage you could edit into the film. I dunno, It's fun but really limited once you try to start making more advanced films.

i think it´s limited outtside of that aswell, you have no people to sign (wich is a joke compared to the realety) all across the board, instead you have to constantly reuse the limited number of people you have wich causes them to be stressed. - on interesting parts like PR work and the monney you spend on releasing movies you barly get any insight... it´s just realy realy sad, i´ll have to wait and hope for Hollywood Pictures 2 to be released.

And for the movies, i havent realy used the custom movie maker yet, but everything i saw created by my game and via download from the comunety site looked very "cold" in terms of personalety and is lacking seriusness in the movement, prittymuch everything you do will have a comedy tutch becaus of the way they move (the combination of robotics and "overselling")

Another frustrating thing is how a lot of scenes have minimum cast requirements. Like there's a bunch of scenes showing 4 zombies shuffling around... but what if you only want 3 zombies? You have to have 4 zombies. And apparently, if you cut out a part of a scene, instead of filling in the gap from the end, it fills it from both sides, making it next to impossible to edit and time the visuals to music.

And speaking of music, when you add music to a movie, it shows up in the 'music' track as a block, but the music doesn't end when the block ends. The music can go on for several seconds(i.e. 30) after the block in the music track says it should end.

In fight scenes, as well, it annoys me that you can't choose which character is the attacker and which is the victim. The characters end up switching places from one scene to the next.

I thought that was one of the slders? I know I've been able to choose which one gets beaten in a fight or if it ends in a stalemate before. I guess there's nothing to stop you from switching the manekins around if you can't do that.