Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

paidelr

So the album is out in a few days and it has leaked. I believe you can hear the whole album legally from the bands website.

I'm loving it. It remains me why I'm a rock fan all along. Brilliant album. The drums were definitely kicked up this album, straight from the first three seconds of the album.

If I get some sort of half clearance from the admins, I'll post a link to download the album for you guys. What do you think, those of you who have heard it as well?

So far I've heard "Side of a Bullet" mainly because I wanted to hear how their tribute to Dimebag was and I must say, I'm impressed. The song, I know, has riffs from Dimebag himself, when he and Kroeger were going to do a song together when he was alive, but the song sounds so unlike Nickelback that I might check out the rest of the album.

So far I've heard "Side of a Bullet" mainly because I wanted to hear how their tribute to Dimebag was and I must say, I'm impressed. The song, I know, has riffs from Dimebag himself, when he and Kroeger were going to do a song together when he was alive, but the song sounds so unlike Nickelback that I might check out the rest of the album.

That just makes me laugh, for some reason.

I thought the title was: Nickelback - All the Same Songs

My bad :P

(I don't mind Nickelback, really, but they do have a habit of attaching new lyrics to essentially the same music)

That just makes me laugh, for some reason.

I haven't listened to the album yet, but I want to. I keep hearing 'Photograph' on the radio, and as much as I want to hate it, I can't. So yeah....

Oh yeah, the drums being kicked up might have something to do with the new drummer guy. He used to be in 3 Doors Down if I remember rightly.

So I listened to the album and well...the only two songs I like are the first one and the Dimebag tribute one, so no go for me on that. Oh well, at least they caught my attention enough for those 2 songs. Maybe next time it'll be 3, seeing as how I half like 1 off their one before this.

I'm just listened to this album and I'll be honest, I think it's pretty good. It's a different, more mature, side of Nickelback. It's decent if you're a fan of the band already, but don't get into it expecting a whole new band.

"Side Of A Bullet" however is amazing, everyone should hear it alone. Interesting view at the events as well.

So I listened to the album and well...the only two songs I like are the first one and the Dimebag tribute one, so no go for me on that. Oh well, at least they caught my attention enough for those 2 songs. Maybe next time it'll be 3, seeing as how I half like 1 off their one before this.

They did a Dimebag tribute? Christ almighty...

I don't want to hear it, because I can imagine it being even worse than Stain'd's Layne Staley tribute. Seriously, Nickelback didn't use to be appalingly bad, just mediocre, but I heard "Photograph" in the car on the way to college yesterday, and about halfway through my father asked if it was Weird Al or something. He's got the first two Nickelback albums, and he couldn't believe that it was actually them, because it was so shockingly awful.

EDIT: I didn't write "Chris almighty"...that would be ridiculous.

Edited by Skumfrog

I don't see why people hate "Photograph" so much, so it's a little soppy/poppy, it's different and varies their album and actually has some good lyrics and is a nice concept for a song IMO.

Good lyrics? They're some of the most dire I've heard in years.

"Look at this photograph

Every time I do it makes me laugh

How did our eyes get so red

And what the hell is on Joey’s head "

That's fucking appalling, there's no two ways about it, it's just dreadful.

And as for being a nice concept, it is a nice concept, and one that's been done many times before, much much better (The Cure - "Pictures Of You" comes to mind), and has been so mishandled here that it's close to becoming self-parody.

Soppiness isn't an issue, nor is poppiness, I listen to The Boy Least Likely To, who are perhaps the poppiest band in the world, and there are countless "soppy" love songs I listen to, most of them just aren't as shite as this.

I didn't used to be on the "Nickelback suck" bandwagon, seeing as I didn't mind a few tracks off their old albums, but I can't stand "Photograph" at all.

Edited by Skumfrog

I don't see why people hate "Photograph" so much, so it's a little soppy/poppy, it's different and varies their album and actually has some good lyrics and is a nice concept for a song IMO.

Good lyrics? They're some of the most dire I've heard in years.

"Look at this photograph

Every time I do it makes me laugh

How did our eyes get so red

And what the hell is on Joey’s head "

That's fucking appalling, there's no two ways about it, it's just dreadful.

And as for being a nice concept, it is a nice concept, and one that's been done many times before, much much better (The Cure - "Pictures Of You" comes to mind), and has been so mishandled here that it's close to becoming self-parody.

Soppiness isn't an issue, nor is poppiness, I listen to The Boy Least Likely To, who are perhaps the poppiest band in the world, and there are countless "soppy" love songs I listen to, most of them just aren't as shite as this.

I didn't used to be on the "Nickelback suck" bandwagon, seeing as I didn't mind a few tracks off their old albums, but I can't stand "Photograph" at all.

I admit, I don't like the intro, but the rest of the lyrics I find nicely reminiscent to me anyway.

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!