• Padres in 5
  5. 5. Braves/Astros

• Braves in 3
    • Braves in 4
    • Braves in 5
    • Astros in 3
    • Astros in 4
    • Astros in 5

I haven't been this excited about a baseball game since the last time the Yankees were on the verge of elimination (Y)

More importantly, we're three outs away from five straight months of Yankee "fans" whining and bitching that their $205 million team was incomplete and that they need to retool with another $20-40 million worth of payroll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been this excited about a baseball game since the last time the Yankees were on the verge of elimination (Y)

More importantly, we're three outs away from five straight months of Yankee "fans" whining and bitching that their $205 million team was incomplete and that they need to retool with another $20-40 million worth of payroll.

The Angels bounce the devils again :D I don't know who I want to see win the Series now, I guess I'm leaning towards the 'Stros because of Biggio & Bagwell, but at least the Yankees won't be there to ruin it for me.

A-Rod's line in the biggest game of the year 0-4, K, GIDP in the 9th as the tying run. He's SO clutch.

The Angels bounce the devils again :D I don't know who I want to see win the Series now, I guess I'm leaning towards the 'Stros because of Biggio & Bagwell, but at least the Yankees won't be there to ruin it for me.

A-Rod's line in the biggest game of the year 0-4, K, GIDP in the 9th as the tying run. He's SO clutch.

I love how Yankee fans are whining about the Cano play like that's the reason you lost the game. You lost because your team choked. You lost because Lackey and Santana outpitched RJ and Moose. You lost because your Allstar 3B went 1-15 without a RBI in the series. You lost because your boy wonder in Cano couldn't hit in the biggest game of his life. You lost because Sheffield looked lost in the OF (and at the plate for that matter). You lost because the usally reliable Matsui blew it both with his bat and his glove. You lost because your manager looked clueless out there tonight. How much longer did he plan on waiting before pulling Moose? And then to top it off by saying he pitched well? Give me a break. Protecting your guys is all good but when a guy making that much money does this in the biggest game of the year you need to come up with something better then "he pitched well."

Taken from a Yankee fan's profile:

the yanks of our youth are long gone, paul o'neill would of never half-assed a play or collide into bernie having zero chance on the play, brosius would never have grounded into a double play in the 9th inning, el duque or pettitte wouldn't have sucked dick like mussina did, jeter and rivera are all we have that will be reliable.
Edited by Testing New Name Feature

And now the pool as to "What will be the Yankees roster and coaching staff on opening day?" begins.

They'll have a Center Fielder (Johnny Damon perhaps?). Matsui will be resigned. A.J Burnett or Kevin Millwood will be added to the pitching rotation.

ALCS predictions are Astros and White Sox. I would go with Angels, but their starting pitching is looking very out-of-whack right now and I simply can't trust them to pull it out. But, it's baseball, so anything can happen.

I saw a poll on ESPN for "How is your interest in the ALCS compared to last year?" The entire East Coast says its interest has dropped while pretty much everywhere else is More or About the Same. However, as far as the majority of votes. 38% went to Less and 37% went to More. I just found that pretty interesting, and telling of how many people do live on the East Coast. And how big the fanbases of the Yanks and Sawx is.

Let me also add that I am very happy that my O's are apparently keeping Perlozzo. I just think he should be given a shot on a team that isn't a sinking ship (Or stinking shit, depending how you look at it). As for Mike Flanagan assuming GM duties... wait... GM is a figurehead position with Angelos.

Wow.

Yes to all of those things, sahyder.

But that Cano call was such bullshit.

There's no blame on my part on Matsui or Cano or RJ.

The only cads in game 5 was A-Rod and the two involved in that horrendous outfield play.

I know you hate everything Yankee, but geez, lighten up. I'm a big Yankees fan and I'm not as upset as you apparently are towards the Bombers.

But that Cano call was such bullshit.

How many breaks have the Yanks gotten over the years on calls? That call didn't turn the game around. It's not like he had gotten a hit or something. According to the rules he was out.....the fact that it isn't called isn't the Angels fault.....or Joe West for that matter. The Yanks had plenty of opportunities yesterday. They should've blown it wide open early as Santana did look wild early on.

I might give Matsui a pass if I was a Yankee fan because he's earned it but he looked awful this series both at the plate and in the field. How can you possibly not blame RJ? He was brought in for that playoff start.....he failed miserably as much as the Yankees might want to sugercoat it.

Guest NYJetFan86

When the game ended last night I was pissed but the more I thought about it the less I really cared except for A-Rod. The one thing that stood out for me was after the game both Jeter and A-Rod were asked if they thought the season was a failure or a success and Jeter said it was a failaure because they didnt do what they wanted to do and A-Rod said it was a success because of how good of a season he had. A-Rod sounds like a bigger jackass everytime I hear him talk. I fucking hate him. I liked the guy in the beginning when the Yankees first got him but now I cant stand him. I wish he would just go away

Guest NYJetFan86

Why wouldn't I blame RJ? because he pitched well yesterday night.

If he was half way decent when he needed to be you guys wouldn't have needed the game 5. The damage was already done.

btw, one guy who's getting way too much of a pass is Sheffield. Why the hell are Yankee fans in love with this guy? He puts up all this talk about carrying the team on his back and just happens to be like 6-40 in the playoffs since game 4 against the Sox last year.

Who did you plan on putting on the roster instead of Embree?

By the way, here's a link to the opening of Mike and the Maddog from the day after. For those of you who aren't familiar with the program Christopher "Maddog" Russo is the one who's super excited at the start. The stretched out "aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddd" is his daily start to the show. He's a lifelong Giants fan. His father is a Yankee fan. The co-host is Mike Francesa. He's a HUGE Yankees fan and has been since the 50s since his older brother started taking him to games after their dad passed away. Together they're easily the best Sports Radio combo around and quiet frankly I like them better then most TV Sports guys here too. Let's just say these two have quiet a following and a lot of influence in New York Sports.

Link : http://wfan.com/chrismikeaudio/

Check the one from the 11th first. As for the music with the Steinbrenner statement.....it's a habit of theirs. Mike Francesa always ends up being the one reading the statements from "General" Steinbrenner.

Edited by Testing New Name Feature