Cubs over Mets

Cubs over LAA

Edited by Testing New Name Feature

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angels over Yankees in 4

Yeah, the Yankees are good, but I've been saying all year that the Angels are the best team in the league. And they've proved it to me all year long. I think the Angels are gonna win this one.

Red Sox over White Sox in 4

I don't see the Red Sox having much trouble in this. I see the Red Sox losing Game 1, and then winning the next 3.

Angels over Red Sox in 7

This one could go either way. Angels are without a doubt the best team in the AL, but they never show it when facing the Red Sox. The Red Sox have owned them for the past 3 years, but I think it changes this year. Should be a fantastic series though.

Braves over Astros in 5

Well, at the beginning of the season I predicted Angels-Braves, and I'm not changing that now. Should be a great series,

Cardinals over Padres in 3

Should they even play? I wonder if the Padres will even be within 5 runs in any game...

Braves over Cardinals in 7

I honestly think that the Braves are a better team than the Cardinals. The Braves have a more solid rotation, while the Cardinals have a better offense. Its going to be a battle, and I think its going to be the best series of the playoffs.

Angels over Braves in 7

This one could really go anyway. But, I'm hopefull that the Angels can win it. I know they won it a few years ago, but the team has changed since then. This would be the first win for two very deserving players: Bartolo Colon and Vladimir Guerrero.

Division Series

Angels over Yankees in 4

Red Sox over White Sox in 5

Astros over Braves in 5

League Championship Series

Red Sox over Angels in 6

Cardinals over Astros in 5

World Series

Red Sox over Cardinals in 7

I hate the Yankees and I hope they get sweeped! I'm also not pulling for the Red Sox this year. They had their moment last season, time for another team to get the spot light. I've never liked the White Sox and won't be starting now. I'm indifferent when it comes to the Angles, but I hope they represent the AL in the World Series.

In the NL I'm pulling for all the teams except San Diego. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs as it is, yet alone winning anything. I think St. Louis will make it to the World Series again this year, but this time they will win it. I've never liked the Braves but this year I'm pulling for them because this team is an underdog and they have a Canadian on the roster.

St. Louis is my pick to win it all and I will be cheering for them.

I love the baseball playoff!

Yankees over Angels in 4

White Sox over Red Sox in 5

Cardinals over San Diego in 3 or 4 I haven't decided yet

Braves over Astros in 5

Yankees over White Sox in 6

Braves over Cardinals in 7

Yankees over Braves in 6

who's watching/listening to Mike and the Maddog today? I missed the Yankee game yesterday and all the postgame and I find it funny that the Yanks are bitching about taking their starters out against the Angels when the Yankees basically had one crappy pitcher out after another. Hell, they even scratched Mussina from the start. If the home field meant so much to them why the hell didn't they handle it themselves? 206 million and you come down to the last day. Torre, A-Rod, Jeter are all retards for the comments from yesterday. Cashman seemed to be the only one who handled it well. If WFAN posts the clips online I'll link them to you guys because they ripped Yankees radio and TV broadcast apart because all they did was yell at the Rangers without once mentioning the lack of effort from the Yanks on Sunday. If Buck had the intentions of screwing the Yanks over I say God Bless him. This is a team that fired him......why the hell should he give a damn? What the hell is A-Rod bitching about? The Rangers paid him $25 million a year and all he got them was last place finishes......they should give a damn about whether the Yanks get home field advantage now?

Edited by Testing New Name Feature

American League

Angels over Yankees in 4 games

Why? Well, they did it in 2002.

Red Sox over White Sox in 5 games

Red Sox have depleted pitching and a weak bullpen. They also have David Ortiz. White Sox will be deer-in-headlights.

Red Sox over Angels in 6 games

The Red Sox, out of everyone, have pitching which has the potential to turn it on in the postseason. Manny is on fire, Ortiz is Ortiz, and the Sox can just walk Vlad.

National League

Cardinals over Padres in 3 games

Uhhhh... mismatch?

Astros over Braves in 4 games

Braves are a young, tired team. Astros seem to be on fire, again.

Astros over Cardinals in 7 games

Mainly because nobody is picking this. That's really my only reason. I think it could happen, but if we were playing for money I'd say Cardinals.

WORLD SERIES

Red Sox over Astros in 6 games

They won't be as hot as they were last year. They won't come in and just tear the Astros apart. Oswalt and either Pettite or Clemens will get them 2 wins at home. The Red Sox, however, are too good offensively for the Astros to match them in a long series.

Edited by damshow

Astros

-

Yanks in 4

-

White Sox In 5

-

Cards In 3

-

Astros in 4

-

It's good to be back and talking baseball on EWB! I haven't posted in the season thread for awhile but now we have the playoffs thread I'm back :)

I'm really looking forward to these playoffs, Will we start a new thread for each round or...?

Guest NYJetFan86

Yanks over Angels in 4

White Sox over Red Sox in 5

Astros over Braves in 4

Yanks over White Sox in 5

Astros over Cardinals in 7

Yanks over Astros in 7

Yanks over Angels in 5

Boston over Chicago in 5

Astros over Braves in 4

Cards over Padres in 3

Boston over Yanks in 7

Cards over Astros in 6

Cards over Boston in 6

I doubt Boston can repeat last year, the pitching is a problem. Not like St. Louis is known for it either, but they're way too good.