• Astros in 3
    • Astros in 4
    • Astros in 5

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, okay...

8-2 for White Sox in the fifth, man...this is like the same as last year, IIRC the first games of a couple of the series where blow outs too.

Hopefully it isn't this way for all the series' I expect the Cards to blow out San Diego though...

Cole, Red Sox swept the Angels last year. In 2003 they overcame a 2-0 defecit against the A's.

As for the game. I expect the Red Sox to overcome this loss and still win the series. I really do. I was expecting them to lose a game in Chicago before they went back to Fenway and dominated. They'll win tomorrow.

If Garret Anderson was half the outfielder he used to be, that Cano bases clearing double does not happen. Instead the Yanks go up 3-0, giving Mussina a cushion to allow him to have his first good start in like a month. Wang in Game 2, the Angels should pummel him. Figgins just needs to get on base once and run all over this kid.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Sox put a hurting on Buerhle today after yesterdays 2 TD to a safety defeat at the hands of the White Sox. He's been kinda shaky lately and the Red Sox are pissed.

Guest Locutus of Borg

Braves tried to make a rally happen in the bottom of the 9th. Hopefully they can win their first Divison Series since, what, '99 or '00?

I thought Boston was doing well up until the 5th inning. Was I the only one who thought of Bill Buckner when Graffanino let the ball roll through his legs?

Also, anyone see that Peavy's out for the Cards with a broken rib? (Didn't know if that was mentioned, didn't read through the topic.)

Oh another question, on ESPN, one of their columnists said that hitters would rather face the '95 Braves' 1-2-3 staff of Glavine, Maddux, and Smoltz as opposed to this year's Astros' 1-2-3 staff of Clemens, Pettitte, and Oswalt. Do you agree?

Edited by Locutus of Borg

Everyone was saying the same stuff after Game 3 of the ALCS. "They don't have the 2003 magic which carried them in the ALDS."

Anyway, I do think the White Sox will win the series and spoil my predictions royally. I'm also calling Angels over Yanks since they'll win one in Yankee Stadium.

Everyone was saying the same stuff after Game 3 of the ALCS. "They don't have the 2003 magic which carried them in the ALDS."

Anyway, I do think the White Sox will win the series and spoil my predictions royally. I'm also calling Angels over Yanks since they'll win one in Yankee Stadium.

I like how my Halos rouged up RJ early and often. Nice to see another brutal chapter in RJs Yankee career. I like the 2 runs off of Small as well.....I was sick and tired about hearing about him. The game is going at a really slow pace but a great game so far overall though.

That was such a sloppy game. I've been watching baseball for years upon years and have never seen so many badly thrown balls from the outfield to the infield and just overall sloppy play. Plus, the pitching on both sides was just brutal. And the game, nine innings took four hours plus. That was just a brutal game. Alot of runs, the Angels hit the crap out of the ball. But that was not good baseball.

I'm glad the Red Sox lost because I was so fucking sick of them. In the span of a winter, they became "Yankee fan." Now they can shut up and realize things are back to normal.

That was such a sloppy game. I've been watching baseball for years upon years and have never seen so many badly thrown balls from the outfield to the infield and just overall sloppy play. Plus, the pitching on both sides was just brutal. And the game, nine innings took four hours plus. That was just a brutal game. Alot of runs, the Angels hit the crap out of the ball. But that was not good baseball.

I'm glad the Red Sox lost because I was so fucking sick of them. In the span of a winter, they became "Yankee fan." Now they can shut up and realize things are back to normal.

Yankees/Angels game called off for today. The threat of rain was too much and rather then cancelling with 50,000 people in the stadium they call it off right now. Game will probably be primetime tomorrow night now giving the teams even less travel time for the day after. It's great for the Angels as it gives them the option to bring back both Colon and Lackey if they choose to

This cancellation plays right into the Halos hands. Colon could pitch tomorrow in the clincher if they want him to. Yankees don't really have anyone they can send out there. Mussina is probably their best bet, but I'd stick with Chacon myself.

EDIT- And the fans of the Red Sox had all the right in the world to brag about their championship as much as they wanted. When you're the champ you get that right. I know if the O's won a World Series I'd buy a bunch of shirts commemorating it and wear them everywhere.

Edited by damshow

With the way it's been raining in New York yesterday and today, and with the forecast of more rain until at least Tuesday ... when do we plan on finishing this series? May as well send both games to Anaheim. I mean, there got to be bandwagon Yankee fans who'll be in the stands, they're everywhere and half the time they're fucking pricks.