World Championship Wrestling 1997

Hewey

I thought that you'd put Regal & Ultimo in a team to fight against Mysterio & Malenko. That's a good idea. DDP's promo (if there are one) would be good and I'm sure that The Taskmaster will interrupt that Benoit versus Morrus match. Also Eddie may lose his match because of Steve McMichael. Who knows... I expect a great Nitro once again, Heewy. And there has to be a lot of build up to SuperBrawl.

user posted image

Announcers: Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan

Live from: Houston, Texas

Monday Nitro opens up with it's regular opening and then we're taken to the area where pyro shoots off.... We're then taken to the announce booth where Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan are standing by. Schiavone and Heenan hype up tonight's show talking about how we're six days away from Superbrawl VII, They talk about tonight's main event where it'll be Lex Luger facing Kevin Nash. They also mention that Hollywood Hogan is here tonight!

Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Lord Steven Regal and Ultimo Dragon with Sonny Oono

Mysterio and Malenko started off hot tonight taking both Regal and Dragon down with pairs of drop kicks. Mysterio even hit a suicide dive to the outside onto both Regal and Dragon! But soon after Mysterio would get isolated away from Malenko. Dragon and Regal double teamed Mysterio and beat him down in their corner to the approval of Sonny Oono. When Regal was in the ring he took it to Mysterio beating him down and kicking away on Mysterio giving Mysterio a preview of Superbrawl VII, While Dragon used his Mexican/Japanese style of wrestling to keep Mysterio down and got several near falls over Mysterio. Late into the match Dragon tried a running powerbomb to Mysterio but Mysterio countered out of it with big hurricanrana take over! Mysterio then made the hot tag to Malenko while Dragon tagged Regal in! Malenko came into the ring and cleaned house! Malenko nailed Regal and Dragon with a pair of clotheslines! Mysterio then fought Regal inside the ring while Malenko brawled with Dragon out on the floor.... While Malenko fought with Dragon out on the floor, Mysterio was able to score with a huge hurricanrana on Regal for the win! After the match ended Mysterio took Regal's Television Championship and posed with it while Malenko stared down Ultimo Dragon.

81, 72, 90 ***1\2

Schiavone says that if Mysterio pins Regal this Sunday night then we got a new Television Champion, Heenan says it won't happen due to the no time limit rule Sunday night. Schiavone and Heenan also talk about the Cruiserweight Championship match between Dean Malenko and Ultimo Dragon. Schiavone says it'll be a rematch from Starrcade! The announcers hype a interview with Lex Luger up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Outsiders have a challenge for Superbrawl VII

The theme of "The Total Package" plays to a big ovation as the fans stand up out of their seats, Lex Luger then makes his way down the entry way wearing street clothes...... Luger stops and poses flexing his muscles as pyro shoot off behind him..... Luger then walks down the entry way slapping hands with a couple fans at ringside, Luger gets inside the ring and poses on the turnbuckle as the fans continue cheering him. Luger is then handed a microphone as the fans cheer.

Lex Luger- You know as of late me and The Giant have been all over each other's business, Giant I know you got kicked out of the nWo and you want revenge but big man leave The Outsiders alone, Because I'm the one who's going to take those two boys out! So Giant stay out of my business! Be cause if you remember what happened at Starrcade then you wouldn't want a piece of me! As far as The Outsiders goes, Hall and Nash I'm laying down the challenge right now for Sunday night. I'll take on both of you by myself! Lex Luger is going to take out the nWo one by one! I'll start with Hall and Nash and then I'll finish everyone off until I get to you Hollywood Hogan! So Outsiders if you two have any kind of pride accept my challenge because.....

Lex Luger is interrupted by the theme of The Giant to cheers from the crowd, Giant makes his way down the entry way wearing all black as Lex Luger stares him down..... Giant makes his way into the ring and is handed a microphone while Luger continues to stare him down....

The Giant- Luger first off if anyone's taking out the nWo it's gonna be me! And if anyone's taking on The Outsiders it'll be me! Luger I'm the one who got kicked out of the nWo and I'll be the one to destroy them! So Hall and Nash I haven't forgotten about last week and I want my revenge! So tonight I'm challenging both Hall and Nash! Hall and Nash you two come out here and accept my challenge, And get the Choke Slam! Aaaaaah!

Lex Luger- Hold it right there big man! You seem to thing that you're WCW all of a sudden? Hey you were the one who joined the nWo pal! You can't take them out! I will be the one taking out the New World Order for good! Lex Luger the WCW athlete! Not you Giant! Not you!

The Giant- You seem to think that I care if you're WCW or not Luger, The fact of the matter is that hell I'm not WCW and I'm not nWo.... I'm all by myself but my ONE goal is to take out the nWo! And I don't care who stands in my way! So you....

The Giant is cut off by the nWo music to a mixed reaction from the crowd, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are shown standing on top of the entry way both men wearing jeans and nWo shirts with their WCW Tag Team Championship around their waists.

Scott Hall- Hey yo....

The fans chant "Hey Yo" back at Hall, Hall and Nash grin while Luger and The Giant stare them down.

Scott Hall- Now before "Big Sexy" and "The Bad Guy" get business started, I think it's survey time! Now how many of you came to see the nWo?

The mention of the nWo gets a surprisingly huge pop from the crowd.

Scott Hall- And how many of you came to see WCW?

WCW gets another huge pop from the crowd.

Scott Hall- One more for the good guys! You know me and Nash came here to Texas and we find out that the big man has to face "Flexy Lexy" here tonight. And then we hear you two morons come out here and argue over who's going to face The Outsiders. Well if you two want a fight you'll get one, But not tonight..... How about at Superbrawl VII?

The fans cheer Scott Hall's challenge as he hands the microphone over to Kevin Nash.

Kevin Nash- Last week I had that big goof set up for the Jackknife Powerbomb if you Luger hadn't run in I would have Jackknife sasquatch over there. Luger I told you to hop back into the Lex Express and mind your business, But you love doing things the hard way don't you? Hey we're not booked for Superbrawl VII so we're challenging you two, Not that you're a challenge but we'll even put the tag team titles on the line!

The fans cheer Nash's announcement while Lex Luger and The Giant continue to look on.

Kevin Nash- I know you two girls don't get along but hey you two want to take us out right? Well me and Hall want to get rid of you two morons once and for all, Now you two might not be able to work together due to your massive egos but if you want some of The Outsiders the only way to get us is by teaming up together!

Kevin Nash hands the microphone back over to Scott Hall

Scott Hall- Do you two think you can work together against us? That's the only way you'll two get your hands on us! Superbrawl VII we'll put the titles on the line against both of you! What do you say?

The Giant- You're damn right we accept! Hall and Nash I don't give a damn about the titles but I just want a piece of both of you!

Lex Luger- I also accept! If that's the way you two clowns want it then fine! At Superbrawl VII not only will we have new tag team champions but you'll see the last of The Outsiders!

Kevin Nash- We'll see Sunday night, Luger as far as tonight goes we'll have our match! But Sunday night if I was one of you, I wouldn't trust the other one because Sunday night I PROMISE there will be a new nWo member! Luger or Giant one of you better watch your backs!

The nWo music hits as Hall and Nash head to the back, Luger and Giant stare down one another.... Can they trust each other? Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Benoit defeated Hugh Morrus with Jimmy Hart

The Taskmaster stood on top of the stage watching this one, Benoit dominated Morrus in the beginning of the match by nailing vicious chops and stomping down on Morrus in the corner. Morrus eventually got control of the match after some help from manager Jimmy Hart. Morrus got near falls over Benoit and even hit a huge flapjack taking out Benoit. Morrus decided to go up top.... Morrus missed No Laughing Matter which allowed Benoit to make his come back. Benoit connected with three German suplexes one right after the other! Benoit continued beating down Morrus and then Benoit finished Morrus off with the Crippler Crossface for the submission win! After the match ended Morrus was helped to the back by Jimmy Hart while Chris Benoit stood in the ring and stared down The Taskmaster.... Superbrawl VII it's Benoit versus The Taskmaster!

76, 65, 87 ***3/4

Schiavone and Heenan talked about the Benoit/Taskmaster match Sunday night and how it's Anything Goes Match, There will be no rules! Schiavone talks about last week and how Buff Bagwell, Big Bubba Rogers and Scott Norton attacked Steiner Brothers. Schiavone mentions that the WCW Board Of Directors have booked a six men tag team match for Sunday night! It'll be Buff Bagwell, Big Bubba Rogers and Scott Norton taking on Steiner Brothers and a partner of their choice! Schiavone then takes us to the back.

Steiner Brothers have a challenge in mind

The cameras take us to the parking area where we see Steiner Brothers, Rick and Scott Steiner standing by both men look into the camera and Scott begins to speak....

Scott Steiner- Bagwell, Norton and Rogers. You three punks decided to come after us? Well you three made the biggest mistake of your life's! See you three think that you're going to impress Bischoff and the rest of the nWo by taking us out but you're wrong! Sunday night it'll be us and a mystery partner against you three! And I promise you three boys that you're going to regret ever messing with us!

Rick Steiner- Bagwell you and your buddies made a big mistake last week attacking us, Well at Superbrawl VII you guys better be prepared for a fight! We got the perfect partner coming in Sunday night boys! You three are gonna wish you never messed with Steiner Brothers!

Scott Steiner- You three clowns wanted a fight we'll Sunday night at Superbrawl VII you're gonna get one!

Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break with a shot of Steiner Brothers.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett with Debra McMichael defeated Eddie Guerrero

Jeff Jarrett came down to the ring with Debra McMichael while Eddie Guerrero came down to the ring by himself. Jarrett and Guerrero started things off trying to out wrestle each other and Guerrero got the upper hand sending Jarrett down with a drop kick. Eddie Guerrero beat Jarrett down out on the floor until Debra McMichael got involved giving Jarrett the advantage. Jarrett worked over Guerrero's legs through out the match and tried the Figure Four Leglock several times but every time he tried it Guerrero would make it to the ropes. Eddie Guerrero soon made a come back and planted Jarrett with a tornado DDT. Guerrero lifted Jarrett up to his feet and delivered a big brainbuster. Guerrero headed up top but Debra McMichael got up on the apron distracting the referee.... Steve McMichael came down from the back and shoved Guerrero off the top turnbuckle sending Guerrero groin first across the ropes! Jarrett finished Eddie Guerrero off with a big DDT for the win. After the match ended, McMichael and Jarrett stomped down Eddie Guerrero. McMichael then shook Jarrett's hands before McMichael, Debra and Jarrett headed to the back.

80, 79, 100 ****3/4

Schiavone hyped the fact that McMichael and Jarrett are on the same page and if McMichael has Jarrett backing him up Sunday night then we could have a new WCW United States Champion. Heenan said it's already in the bag come Sunday night. Schiavone then told us that we got another video from Ken Shamrock!

Ken Shamrock video

The video begins with a shot of Ken Shamrock beating up several enhancement talent over the last couple of weeks it shows him hitting belly to belly suplexes and snapping the Ankle Lock. We're then shown Ken Shamrock standing in front of the Cow Palace in San Francisco!

Ken Shamrock- WCW the countdown is over! Ken Shamrock is ready! I been waiting for over a month and now I'm ready! You boys better ready because I'm letting all my anger out! I will be at Superbrawl VII Sunday night! And one way or another someone is gonna feel all my anger! Come Sunday night I will be in the zone! The video fades with Ken Shamrock standing in front of The Cow Palace.... Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Diamond Dallas Page

Monday Nitro returns from the commercial break with Mean Gene Okerlund standing inside the ring holding a microphone.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Ladies and gentlemen at this time allow me to introduce to you the man who Sunday night at Superbrawl VII faces Syxx of the nWo. Ladies and gentlemen I give to you Diamond Dallas Page!

"Self High Five" hits to a huge ovation from the crowd as Diamond Dallas Page makes his down to the ring. Page is wearing jeans and a "DDP" T-Shirt. Page stops on top of the entry way and does the Diamond Cutter sign as pyros shoot off behind him. Page then walks down the entry way and gets inside the ring.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Thank you for joining us DDP, Diamond Dallas Page Sunday night you take on nWo member Syxx. And you and the nWo certainly have your history with each other. They asked you many, many times in the past to join them but you always refused. At Starrcade the nWo cost you the United States Championship and yet they had the nerve to continue to ask you to join them, You didn't and now you and the nWo have been going at it. Syxx is the member of the nWo who you'll go up against Sunday night. DDP what are your thoughts on your match with Syxx this Sunday night?

Diamond Dallas Page- You know Gene the nWo wanted DDP to join them, They asked me many times to join them... Well why would I join them? If Hall and Nash wanted DDP in the New World Order so badly they would have asked me to join them when they first got together not months after it! Syxx I know you're great buddies with Hall and Nash and you got something to prove Sunday night. But Syxx if you think you're beating DDP then you are dead wrong! DDP is the people's champion and come Superbrawl VII you will feel the bang!

Mean Gene Okerlund- DDP I wish you the best of luck this Sunday night against Syxx, Fans stay tuned for more great Monday Nitro action coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Syxx defeated Billy Kidman

Billy Kidman showed what an amazing talent he is here tonight as he and Syxx put on one hell of a match. It started off with both men trading near falls over each other. Syxx ended up getting the best of Kidman and taunted him. Kidman though fired back with a drop kick sending Syxx out to the floor! Kidman then hit a huge suicide dive all the way out to the floor onto Syxx! Kidman then worked over Syxx in the ring getting several near falls on the nWo member. Kidman eventually tried to go up top but Syxx moved out of the way of a elbow drop. Syxx then used his educated feet to keep Kidman down. Syxx beat Kidman down in the corner with his kicks and used a bronco buster drawing boos from the crowd. Syxx eventually drilled Billy Kidman with a reverse spinning heel kick but instead of going for the cover Syxx headed up top.... Syxx went for a senton bomb but Kidman rolled out of the way! Kidman used a swinging bulldog and a big tornado DDT to keep Syxx down. Kidman headed up top and hit a huge Shooting Star Press! Kidman hooked the legs but Syxx had his foot on the bottom rope! Kidman dragged Syxx back up to his feet and tried a backslide but Syxx countered and locked Kidman into the Buzzkiller! Kidman quickly tapped out! After the match ended Syxx celebrated to boos from the fans. Syxx told DDP that he was next!

81, 62, 100 ****1\4

Schiavone talked about how dangerous Syxx's Buzzkiler is and how if he put it on DDP Sunday night then we could be seeing the last of Page. Both Schiavone and Heenan put Kidman over talking about how close he came to defeating to Syxx here tonight.

Sting is here!

As Schiavone and Heenan continued talking the cameras point up the rafters and there's STING! Sting is shown up on the rafters staring down at the crowd.... Sting quickly dissapers as Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When Monday Nitro returns from the commercial break Michael Buffer is shown standing in the middle of the ring wearing a black suit and holding a microphone.

Michael Buffer- Ladies and gentlemen, It is now time for the main event of the evening! Tonight we'll see a gigantic battle it's nWo versus WCW! Are you ready? Well then for the thousands in attendance and the millions watching at home lets get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuumble!

"Total Package" hits the arena to a huge ovation from the fans as everyone gets up out of their seats, Lex Luger steps through the curtain and stands on top of the entry way where he flexes his muscles and pyro shoots off behind "The Total Package" Luger walks down to the ring slapping hands with the fans at ringside before getting into the ring. Luger poses in the ring and waits....

Michael Buffer- Ladies and gentlemen standing in the ring representing WCW wearing black he is from Chicago, Illinois weighting in at 282 pounds he is "The Total Package" Lex Luger!

The theme of the nWo hits to boos from the fans, Kevin Nash steps out through the curtain with a big grin on his face wearing his black and red attire with a nWo Wolfpac T-Shirt over it.... Nash carries the WCW Tag Team Championship with him as he makes his way down to the ring walking as cocky as ever. Nash steps into the ring over the top rope and stares down Luger.... Nash does the Jackknife Powerbomb pose to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Nash takes off his T-Shirt and hands the title over to nWo referee Nick Patrick.

Michael Buffer- And now his opponent, Wearing red and black.... He weights in tonight at 317 pounds from Detroit, Michigan.... He is one of the original founding fathers of the New World Order...... Ladies and gentlemen I give to you one half of the WCW Tag Team Champions Kevin Nash!

Lex Luger defeated Kevin Nash

Nash poses a bit as the bell rings. Luger and Nash lock up.... Luger gets Nash into a side headlock but Nash counters shoving Luger right onto the ropes and follows by knocking down Luger. Nash poses to a mixed reaction from the fans as Lex Luger gets up. Nash and Luger lock back up and this time Luger throws Nash right down to the canvas! Luger goes after Nash but "Big Sexy" rolls out to the floor. Luger goes to the outside after Nash and Nash ends up sending Luger to the steel guardrail! Nash rams Luger's head onto the steel ring post out on the floor before rolling Luger back into the ring..... Nash sends Luger to the corner and charges at Luger with a running clothesline! Nash then uses his knees ramming them into Luger's ribs! Nash then hits Luger in the face with several back elbows!

Nash then does a pose before hitting Luger once again in the face with another back elbow! Nash chokes Luger down in the corner with his boot and then sends Luger back to the opposite corner. Nash charges at Luger with another clothesline! Nash follows up with the big sidewalk slam. Nash hooks the legs and Luger manages to kick out at 2. Nash lifts Luger up and throws Luger across the turnbuckle with the snake eyes. Nash delivers a elbow drop to Luger and covers for another 2 count. Nash drops another elbow drop to Luger for a another 2 count. Nash follows up with a third elbow drop and again gets 2. Nash lifts Luger up and hits Luger in the midsection with a big knee. Nash sends Luger to the ropes and Luger bounces off the ropes running right into Nash's big boot to the face!

Nash pulls his top down and calls for the Jackknife Powerbomb! Nash slowly lifts Luger up and tried the Jackknife Powerbomb but Luger countered into a backdrop! Luger then waited for Nash to get up and ran right over Nash with a clothesline! Nick Patrick counts to 7 and both men get up.... Nash's right hands are blocked by Luger who drills "Big Sexy" with right hands to the face! Luger then grabs Nash and delivers a atomic drop! Luger follows up with another atomic drop and follows with a third straight atomic drop! Luger clotheslines Nash down! Luger waits for Nash to get up.... Luger drills Nash with another clothesline! Luger calls for the Forearm Shot!

Nash stumbles to his feet and is met by a huge Forearm Shot from Luger! Luger calls for the Torture Rack as every fan in the arena get up off of their seats! Nash slowly gets up and Luger racks up Nash! WAIT! Scott Hall runs down from the back and nails Luger with a low blow and Nick Patrick calls for the bell! Hall stomps down on Luger as Nash slowly gets up... Nash and Hall stomp down on Luger! Wait! The Giant comes down from the back! Hall and Nash quickly leave the ring as Giant comes into the ring.... Giant stares down The Outsiders as the fans cheer..... Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break.

86, 93, 72 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hollywood Hogan plays some mind games on "Hot Rod"

Once Monday Nitro returns from the commercial break the theme of the nWo hits drawing huge heat from the crowd, Hollywood Hogan then makes his way down the entry way using the title like a guitar playing it..... Hogan's wearing a nWo T-Shirt and a nWo bandana.... Hogan poses on the entry way before slowly making his way down the isle.... Hogan puts the title on his shoulder and walks down the isle way mouthing off with the fans...... Hogan slowly makes his way into the ring and poses with the title holding it high over his head. Hogan then puts the WCW World Championship on his shoulder as the ringside attendant hands him a microphone.

Hollywood Hogan- Sunday night it's the battle of the icons once again, Hollywood Hogan the true icon in the wrestling business faces the so called icon Rowdy Roddy Piper for the WCW World Championship. Piper brother just because it's No Disqualification and there's no nWo members allowed at ringside doesn't mean you're gonna put Hollywood Hogan down! The nWo might not be able to be at ringside Sunday night but brother they'll be watching in the back and they'll see Hollywood Hogan walk out still the WCW World Champion! Piper you wish you had arms like me brother, You wish you had the twenty four inch pythons. You wish you built this industry brother! Piper at Superbrawl VII everyone of these fans are going to see Hollywood Hogan destroy you! But brother I can't wait until Sunday night! I want you in this ring right now! Piper I know you're here and I want to fight you right now!

Hogan rips off his shirt and throws his bandana down.... Hogan stands in the center of the ring....... Suddenly Rowdy Roddy Piper's music hits to a huge ovation from the crowd.... A skinny man with a wig and a kilt makes his way down the isle way to boos from the crowd! This isn't Piper! The man gets into the ring as Hollywood Hogan laughs at him...

Hollywood Hogan- Piper brother I'm glad you had the guts to come down here and face such a mega star like Hollywood Hogan! Piper you are really pathetic you know that?

Fake Rowdy Roddy Piper- I know Hollywood, I wish I could be more like you! I wish I was the leader of the nWo, I wish I had the twenty four inch pythons as well! I'm nothing! I'm pathetic!

Hollywood Hogan- I know, I've always known you're pathetic Piper! Piper at Superbrawl VII you will go down brother. You will feel pain like no one else has suffered. Hollywood Hogan is the icon and you're pathetic! Piper get down on your knees and beg me for mercy!

The fake Rowdy Roddy Piper gets down on his knees and begs Hogan for mercy telling Hogan he's the greatest icon in the history of wrestling over and over again.

Hollywood Hogan- Piper you keep begging for forgiveness, Because Sunday night it's no disqualification and you will have nowhere to run! Hollywood Hogan will prove to the whole world that you're not in my league! I will prove to everyone once and for all that......

Hollywood Hogan is interrupted by the music of Rowdy Roddy Piper! The fans cheer as Piper makes his way down the entrance way wearing his red kilt and in his hands is a steel lead pipe! Piper walks down to the ring while Hollywood Hogan and the fake Piper look on scared.... Piper gets into the ring and Hollywood Hogan flees with the WCW Championship! Piper nails the fake Piper with the steel lead pipe! Piper then drops the pipe down and sends the fake Piper onto the ropes..... Sleeper Hold! The fake Piper quickly goes down while Hollywood Hogan looks on scared for his life from the top of the entry way! Piper puts the fake Piper to sleep before letting go of the hold.... Piper grabs the lead pipe and points it at Hogan! Monday Nitro goes off the air with Piper staring down Hollywood Hogan.

OR Show Rating- 83

TV Rating- We got a 6.00 rating for 'Monday Nitro'!

The attendance level was 7048 people.

We made $281920 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 5.48 television rating for 'Monday Night Raw'!

The event was attended by 4043 people.

They made $161720 from ticket sales.

Guest UmpireAJS

Cool Nitro,

New nWo member-well most of them will say it's Shamrock but I for one will be going with Scott Steiner who will turn on Rick [one year earlier than realtime].

That or we will have THE SWERVE of the century when Piper and Hogan actually become friends leading Piper to join the nWo.

But apart from that Superbrawl is going to be interesting.

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest meripu1

If Piper does swerve, please (Times a million) don't do the Finger Poke of Doooom!!!(Doom for WCW). Imaging the outrage if they had done that on PPV, lol.

Great Nitro Hewey, i predict Rick Steiner to turn!

Nice old school 'Fake Piper' angle too.

Edited by meripu1

user posted image

Announcers: Mike Tenay and Dusty Rhodes

Taped from: El Paso, Texas

Saturday Night opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Dusty Rhodes and Mike Tenay are shown, They hype up tonight's show.

Harlem Heat defeated Psychosis and Juventud Guerrera

Harlem Heat dominated the young Mexican luchadores tonight, Stevie Ray and Booker T started off beating down Psychosis keeping him away from Juventud Guerrera. Harlem Heat beat down Psychosis and got a few near falls over him but Guerrera always was there to make the save. Psychosis was able to DDT Booker T and finally make the tag to Juventud Guerrera. Guerrera got some offense in on Harlem Heat but that wasn't enough. Stevie Ray threw Psychosis out to the floor leaving Juventud Guerrera all alone in the ring.... Harlem Heat finished off Guerrera with the Heat Seeker for the one, two, three. Afterwards Harlem Heat celebrated their win telling Public Enemy that they're next.

72, 62, 83 **3/4

Interview with Chris Jericho

Backstage in the locker room Mean Gene Okerlund interviewed "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho. Gene asked for Jericho's thoughts on tonight's match with nWo member Masahiro Chono. Jericho told Gene that tonight he'd take care of Chono WCW style. Jericho also said that he's going to the top of WCW "daddy o!"

Chris Jericho gained overness from this segment.

Masahiro Chono defeated Chris Jericho

Chono jumped Jericho from behind to get things started. Chono had control of the match early on and had Jericho down several times but he never went for a cover instead he taunted the fans and posed. Chono eventually drilled Jericho with a DDT but instead of covering Jericho Chono decided to head up top.... Chono ended up missing a huge elbow drop! Jericho then made a come back drilling Chono with a bulldog and following with the Lionsault for near falls. Jericho went for the Lion Tamer but Chono countered into a roll up full of tights for the win! Afterwards Chono headed to the back having stolen a win from Jericho!

75, 68, 82 **3/4

Chris Jericho lost overness from this match. Masahiro Chono gained overness from this match.

Jim Powers defeated Greg Valentine

Squash match here, Powers used clotheslines to run right over Valentine. Powers won the match after delivering a big bulldog to Valentine for the three count.

54, 43, 66 1\2*

Interview with Alex Wright

Backstage Mean Gene Okerlund interviewed Alex Wright, Gene asked Wright for his thoughts on tonight's match with Disco Inferno and if he could beat Disco tonight. Wright told Gene that tonight everyone will see the beginning of the Alex Wright era and that tonight Disco Inferno would lose.

Alex Wright gained overness from this segment.

Alex Wright defeated Disco Inferno

Wright and Disco had a good match up, Both men were on top of their game but the crowd wasn't into this match. Disco was extra cocky tonight as he had Wright down several times but instead of covering he did his dance. Disco worked over Wright's legs through out the match and almost won with a swinging neck breaker but he didn't cover. Wright mounted a come back and scored a very close near fall with a missile drop kick. Wright finished the match off by reversing a back suplex from Disco into a pinning situation for the three count. Afterwards Wright danced.

73, 67, 80 **1\2

Hollywood Hogan/Rowdy Piper hype for Superbrawl VII

Footage of the Hogan/Piper segment from Monday Nitro is shown.

Once Monday Nitro returns from the commercial break the theme of the nWo hits drawing huge heat from the crowd, Hollywood Hogan then makes his way down the entry way using the title like a guitar playing it..... Hogan's wearing a nWo T-Shirt and a nWo bandana.... Hogan poses on the entry way before slowly making his way down the isle.... Hogan puts the title on his shoulder and walks down the isle way mouthing off with the fans...... Hogan slowly makes his way into the ring and poses with the title holding it high over his head. Hogan then puts the WCW World Championship on his shoulder as the ringside attendant hands him a microphone.

Hollywood Hogan- Sunday night it's the battle of the icons once again, Hollywood Hogan the true icon in the wrestling business faces the so called icon Rowdy Roddy Piper for the WCW World Championship. Piper brother just because it's No Disqualification and there's no nWo members allowed at ringside doesn't mean you're gonna put Hollywood Hogan down! The nWo might not be able to be at ringside Sunday night but brother they'll be watching in the back and they'll see Hollywood Hogan walk out still the WCW World Champion! Piper you wish you had arms like me brother, You wish you had the twenty four inch pythons. You wish you built this industry brother! Piper at Superbrawl VII everyone of these fans are going to see Hollywood Hogan destroy you! But brother I can't wait until Sunday night! I want you in this ring right now! Piper I know you're here and I want to fight you right now!

Hogan rips off his shirt and throws his bandana down.... Hogan stands in the center of the ring....... Suddenly Rowdy Roddy Piper's music hits to a huge ovation from the crowd.... A skinny man with a wig and a kilt makes his way down the isle way to boos from the crowd! This isn't Piper! The man gets into the ring as Hollywood Hogan laughs at him...

Hollywood Hogan- Piper brother I'm glad you had the guts to come down here and face such a mega star like Hollywood Hogan! Piper you are really pathetic you know that?

Fake Rowdy Roddy Piper- I know Hollywood, I wish I could be more like you! I wish I was the leader of the nWo, I wish I had the twenty four inch pythons as well! I'm nothing! I'm pathetic!

Hollywood Hogan- I know, I've always known you're pathetic Piper! Piper at Superbrawl VII you will go down brother. You will feel pain like no one else has suffered. Hollywood Hogan is the icon and you're pathetic! Piper get down on your knees and beg me for mercy!

The fake Rowdy Roddy Piper gets down on his knees and begs Hogan for mercy telling Hogan he's the greatest icon in the history of wrestling over and over again.

Hollywood Hogan- Piper you keep begging for forgiveness, Because Sunday night it's no disqualification and you will have nowhere to run! Hollywood Hogan will prove to the whole world that you're not in my league! I will prove to everyone once and for all that......

Hollywood Hogan is interrupted by the music of Rowdy Roddy Piper! The fans cheer as Piper makes his way down the entrance way wearing his red kilt and in his hands is a steel lead pipe! Piper walks down to the ring while Hollywood Hogan and the fake Piper look on scared.... Piper gets into the ring and Hollywood Hogan flees with the WCW Championship! Piper nails the fake Piper with the steel lead pipe! Piper then drops the pipe down and sends the fake Piper onto the ropes..... Sleeper Hold! The fake Piper quickly goes down while Hollywood Hogan looks on scared for his life from the top of the entry way! Piper puts the fake Piper to sleep before letting go of the hold.... Piper grabs the lead pipe and points it at Hogan! Monday Nitro goes off the air with Piper staring down Hollywood Hogan.

Rowdy Roddy Piper gained overness from this segment.

Public Enemy defeated Amazing French Canadians

Public Enemy and French Canadians started off brawling out on the floor with Public Enemy getting the advantage. When they got back into the ring Amazing French Canadians double teamed Johnny Grunge getting the advantage. They double teamed Grunge behind the referee's back at times and used illegal chokes and low blows to keep Grunge down. Grunge was finally able to make the hot tag to Rocco Rock late into the match. Rocco came into the ring and cleaned house knocking down both Jacques and Pierre with clotheslines. Public Enemy picked up the win after Jacques was thrown out to the floor, Public Enemy hit a double bulldog to Pierre for the one, two, three. Saturday Night went off the air with Public Enemy celebrating their win.

76, 69, 83 **3/4

OR Show Rating- 76

TV Rating- We got a 2.73 rating for 'Saturday Night'!

The attendance level was 7033 people.

We made $281320 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.96 television rating for 'Shotgun'!

The event was attended by 4028 people.

They made $161120 from ticket sales.

ECW got a 0.11 television rating for 'Hardcore TV'!

The event was attended by 477 people.

They made $9540 from ticket sales.

Superbrawl VII is next, I'll post the final card tomorrow and it should be up by next Sunday.

Great show Hewey, I think that Piper will turn aswell and join the nWo. But I'm not too sure. Can't wait for SuperBrawl!

user posted image

Live From: San Francisco, California from The Cow Palace

Credit Damshow for the banner

FINAL Card

WCW World Championship

No Disqualification Match

nWo is BANNED from ringside

Rowdy Roddy Piper V Hollywood Hogan©

WCW United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero© V Steve McMichael

Anything Goes Match

Chris Benoit V The Taskmaster

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Syxx V Diamond Dallas Page

Number one contenders match for WCW Tag Team Championship

Harlem Heat V Public Enemy

WCW Tag Team Championship

Lex Luger and The Giant V The Outsiders©

WCW Television Championship

No Time Limit

Lord Steven Regal© V Rey Mysterio Jr.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Ultimo Dragon© V Dean Malenko

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Steiner Brothers and a mystery partner V Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell and Big Bubba Rogers

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member?

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner?

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!)

4. Will Sting show up?

5. If Sting shows up what will he do?

6. Will anyone return? And if so who?

7. What will be the opening match?

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality?

9. What will be the worst match for quality?

10. Will anyone turn?

11. Will anyone debut?

Edited by Baby Hewey

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Steiner Brothers and a mystery partner V Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell and Big Bubba Rogers

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Lex Luger

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Curt Hennig/Mr Perfect

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) 1

4. Will Sting show up? Yes

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Save Piper from a Beating

6. Will anyone return? Yes

7. What will be the opening match? Television Title Match

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Cruiserweight Title

9. What will be the worst match for quality? 6 Man Tag Team Match

10. Will anyone turn? Yes

11. Will anyone debut? Yes, Shamrock

WCW World Championship

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Eddie Guerrero©

Anything Goes Match

Chris Benoit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Diamond Dallas Page

Harlem Heat

Lex Luger and The Giant

No Time Limit

Lord Steven Regal©

Ultimo Dragon©

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Steiner Brothers and a mystery partner

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Sting

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Henning

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!)2

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Side with Hogan

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? ---------

7. What will be the opening match? Tag team contenders

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Dragon vs Malenko

9. What will be the worst match for quality? Tag Team match for contendership

10. Will anyone turn? No

11. Will anyone debut? No

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? The Giant

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Curt Hennig

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) 1

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Save Piper

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? Nobody will return.

7. What will be the opening match? Cruiserweight Title

9. What will be the worst match for quality? Hogan-Piper

10. Will anyone turn? The Giant

Guest meripu1

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Giant

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Hennig

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) Just the one

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Save Piper

6. Will anyone return? And if so who?No

7. What will be the opening match? Harlem Heat V Public Enemy

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Dragon V's Malenko

9. What will be the worst match for quality? Hogan-Piper

Hell of a lot of tie-breakers Hewey.

WCW World Championship

Hollywood Hogan©

Eddie Guerrero©

Anything Goes Match

Chris Benoit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Syxx

Harlem Heat

The Outsiders©

No Time Limit

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Dean Malenko

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Curt Hennig/Mr Perfect

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Save Piper from nWo

6. Will anyone return? no

7. What will be the opening match? WCW Cruiserweight Championship

9. What will be the worst match for quality? 6 Man Tag Team Match

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Luger

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Mr. Perfect

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) Three

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Help Piper

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? No, no one

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Dragon/Malenko

9. What will be the worst match for quality? Hogan/Piper

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Luger and Scott Steiner

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Sing

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) None

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Team up with Steiners

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? Ric Flair to take out Hogan

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Dragon/Malenko

9. What will be the worst match for quality? Hogan/Piper

11. Will anyone debut? Yes,Shamrock

FINAL Card

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

[

u]WCW Cruiserweight Championship

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Flexy Lexy

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Ken Shamrock

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) One.

4. Will Sting show up? Yes.

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Save Giant from 3 on 1 assault.

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? No.

7. What will be the opening match? Television Title

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Syxx vs DDP

9. What will be the worst match for quality? 6 Man Tag

10. Will anyone turn? Flexy Lexy

11. Will anyone debut? Ken Shamrock

EDIT: 100th Post!

Edited by cjt4ever

Guest Jebus

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? Sting

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Chis Jericho?

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) 2

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Yes, attack Piper

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? Noe

7. What will be the opening match? WCW Cruiserweight Title Match

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Ultimo Drgaon vs. Dean Malenko

9. What will be the worst match for quality? nWo vs. WCW Grudge Match

10. Will anyone turn? No

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Curt Hennig

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) 2

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Maybe cost Hogan the title.

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? No

7. What will be the opening match? Lord Steven Regal vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Ultimo Dragon

9. What will be the worst match for quality? Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Hollywood Hogan

10. Will anyone turn? Yes, Lex Luger.

11. Will anyone debut? Yes, Ken Shamrock.

WCW World Championship

Anything Goes Match

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

No Time Limit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member? A cross between Sting, Luger and Giant :P

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner? Curt Henning

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!) One!

5. If Sting shows up what will he do? Take out either Piper or Hogan

6. Will anyone return? And if so who? No

7. What will be the opening match? Cruiserweight Title match

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? Dragon Vs Malenko

9. What will be the worst match for quality? nWo Vs WCW grudge match

10. Will anyone turn? Yes, Lex Luger or The Giant or Sting (Yes I am guessing at 3 :) )

user posted image

FINAL Card

WCW World Championship

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Eddie Guerrero©

Anything Goes Match

Chris Benoit

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Diamond Dallas Page

Harlem Heat

The Outsiders©

No Time Limit

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Dean Malenko

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be the newest nWo member?-Eddie Guerrero

2. Who will be Steiner Brothers' mystery partner?-Curt Hennig

3. How many titles will change hand? (Note a title does not change hand due to DQ, Count out or draw etc!)-Three

4. Will Sting show up?-Yes

5. If Sting shows up what will he do?-Save Roddy Piper from nWo attack

6. Will anyone return? And if so who?-No

7. What will be the opening match?-Cruiserweight Championship Match

8. What will be the highest rated match for quality? -Dean Malenko vs. Ultimo Dragon

9. What will be the worst match for quality?-Eddie Guerrero vs. Steve McMichael

10. Will anyone turn?-Yes

11. Will anyone debut?-No