World Championship Wrestling 1997

Hewey

Guest 72recreMoreZ

who ever said WCW MADE STING WHAT HE IS TODAy

Are you on crack? Not to be mean or anything but Sting MADE WCW. If it wasnt for STING, WCW would of went down faster. Sting was already a freaking Legend from NWA and his famous battles with Ric Flair. Two Wrestlers made WCW. Ric Flair and Sting and that is why WCW was great and that is the reason the last match WCW ever had was STing and Flair in one of the greatest matchs of all time.

Not wrestling wise but Respect and memery wise. Nobody will forget that match,.

STING WAS NOT MADE BY WCW, WCW WAS HELPED CRAFTED BY STING!

Keep up the good work, Hewey. I really like your work. I have faith that you will make WCW better like you did with WWF 95-96 (even though I got lost after a while).

I like how you are limiting nWo.

IMO, RVD works good in wCw. I put him in my WCW games all the time. He works well with the cruisers.

Hey man, I havn't been on the net in a few days and had to catch up with reading the diary. So far I'm really digging it. keep up the good work.

Guest meripu1

OK, sorry, i thought you were referring to me.

I agree though, lets not turn this into a WCW debate and detract from the excellent work that Hewey is doing.

Guest Small Blue

Seriously, I was linked to Page 6 of this diary - and I thought 'What the fuck, it's a diary?' My point being is, that most of the posts bar a few were just arguing about WCW. If this goes on much longer by just postwhoring (some aren't...geniune discussion) then I will take out the warning stick.

Stick to talking about the Diary in here.

WCW Discussion in The Ring.

TGC.

Errrr....wow, I get around.

I was going to start the warnings now, but...errr....apparently I already verbally warned the lot of you, so..err...yeah.

This is, however the kind of shit that I HATE about a Baby Hewey Diary. Do half of you that I or VR have ALREADY WARNED in here really want more?

TGC...I think

Guest meripu1

I havent been warned and i did try to stop the arguing but it has continued anyway.

Any idea when youre next show will be up Hewey?

user posted image

Announcers: Mike Tenay and Dusty Rhodes

Taped from: Fort Valley, Georgia

Saturday Night opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Dusty Rhodes and Mike Tenay are shown, They hype up tonight's show.

Harlem Heat defeated The Renegade and Joe Gomez

Renegade and Gomez had a few problems in the beginning of the match when Renegade accidentally took out Gomez with a clothesline. Harlem Heat ended up isolating Gomez through out the match double teaming him until he was able to hit a clothesline to Booker T and then one to Stevie Ray and finally make the hot tag to Renegade. Renegade came into the ring and cleaned house knocking down Stevie Ray and then Booker T. More problems happened between Gomez and Renegade, Renegade held Stevie Ray in place for a super kick from Gomez but Ray ducked it and Gomez took out Renegade! Harlem Heat then finished off Gomez with the Heat Seeker for the one, two, three. After the match ends, Renegade and Gomez argue with each other while Harlem Heat celebrate.... Renegade then heads to the back looking angry leaving Gomez in the ring puzzled.

67, 59, 76 **

Interview with Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker

Backstage Mean Gene Okerlund interviewed Buddy Lee Parker, Okerlund asked Parker about his thoughts on tonight's match with young "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho. Parker responded by telling Gene that Jericho didn't stand a chance here tonight, Parker told Gene that tonight he'd take out Chris Jericho once and for all!

Chris Jericho defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker

The match began with Parker jumping Chris Jericho from behind as the bell rang, Parker beat down Jericho in the corner and pummeled away on Jericho. Parker had the upper hand through out the match and almost scored the win after delivering a powerslam to Jericho but Jericho ended up kicking out at 2. Jericho eventually made his big come back and drilled Parker with a bulldog followed by his lionsault for 2. Jericho finished Parker off with a missile drop kick off the top scoring the upset win.

66, 57, 75 *3/4

Glacier defeated Disco Inferno

Glacier took about three minutes to make his entrance down to the ring. Blue lights and lasers flashed through out the arena while "snow" then fell into the arena. Disco started off well out wrestling Glacier and keeping him down with ground moves.... Disco eventually hit a huge piledriver to Glacier but instead of going for the cover he taunted Glacier and danced.... This allowed Glacier to hit Disco with a DDT and make his come back... Glacier ended up dominating Disco until finishing Disco off with the Cryonic Kick for the one, two, three. After the match ended Glacier celebrated as blue lights and lasers flashed through out the arena while "snow" then fell into the arena.

68, 62, 74 *3/4

Ken Shamrock video

A recap of the Ken Shamrock video from Monday Nitro is shown....

The video opens up with a shot of Ken Shamrock's home, The cameras then go inside his home to a room downstairs, We see Ken Shamrock working out hitting a punching bag..... Shamrock then looks into the camera and prepares to talk....

Ken Shamrock- You know some people say I have a problem managing my anger, They tell me I'm too angry for my own good! So that's why I have this room.... It's not just a exercise room but it's where I take my anger out! Now I'm going to World Championship Wrestling.... Where I get paid to take my anger out in that ring.... You know I never thought my anger could be a good thing.... Well the people who get in the ring with me won't think it's a good thing when they're getting beat down with in a inch of their life's! nWo, Horsemen, Dungeon Of Doom, Wolfpac or even WCW..... I'm not friends with any of you! And when I debut I will take my anger out on everyone! When Ken Shamrock comes to WCW everyone will find out why I'm called "The World's Most Dangerous Man"!

The video fades with Ken Shamrock looking intense at the camera....

Michael Wallstreet and Vincent with Ted DiBiase defeated Psychosis and Juventud Guerrera

Wallstreet and Vincent dominated the match up right from the opening bell. The Mexican luchadores tried but the veteran team of Wallstreet and Vincent were too much for them..... Psychosis and Guerrera tried but in the end Wallstreet finished Guerrera off with a running clothesline which was enough for the one, two, three. Afterwards Wallstreet, Vincent and DiBiase celebrated.

57, 50, 64 1\2*

Interview with Buff Bagwell

In the locker room area Mean Gene Okerlund interviewed Buff Bagwell of the nWo, Gene asked Bagwell for his thoughts on tonight's title shot against Eddie Guerrero.... Bagwell responded with his usual cocky self telling Gene that tonight he'd walk out the new WCW United States Champion and that Eddie Guerrero had no chance of beating him, Bagwell said that Eddie Guerrero was gonna find out why they say Buff's the stuff!

WCW United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero© defeated Buff Bagwell

Bagwell started the match off taunting Eddie Guerrero doing his dance to boos from the crowd. Eventually they locked up and Eddie Guerrero out wrestled Bagwell sending Bagwell running to the corner.... Bagwell though poked Guerrero in the eyes and then followed with a clothesline to keep Eddie Guerrero down. Bagwell stomped down on Guerrero and used dirty tactics to try to put away Eddie Guerrero.... Bagwell seemed to have the match won after delivering a big suplex to Guerrero but instead of going for the cover Bagwell taunted Guerrero and headed up top.... Bagwell went for the Buff Blockbuster but Eddie Guerrero hit a midair drop kick to Bagwell! Guerrero then delivered a big tornado DDT and a senton splash off the apron all for near falls on Bagwell. Eddie Guerrero finished Bagwell off with a brainbuster.... Guerrero then headed up top and hit the Frog Splash! Guerrero hooked the legs and scored the one, two, three. Saturday Night went off the air with Eddie Guerrero posing with the WCW United States Championship in the middle of the ring.

75, 73, 77 **1/4

The WCW United States title has gained in image.

OR Show Rating- 66

TV Rating- We got a 2.79 rating for 'Saturday Night'!

The attendance level was 7002 people.

We made $280080 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.94 television rating for 'Shotgun'!

The event was attended by 4050 people.

They made $162000 from ticket sales.

ECW got a 0.11 television rating for 'Hardcore TV'!

The event was attended by 446 people.

They made $8920 from ticket sales.

WCW Main Event

Announcers: Michael Cole and Larry Zbyszko

Taped from: Fort Valley, Georgia

Main Event opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Michael Cole and Larry Zbyszko are standing by. Cole and Zbyszko talk about the crazy week it's been here in WCW and then they talk about today's show.

Jim Powers defeated Greg Valentine

Believe it or not this was a squash match! Powers dominated Valentine through out the match! Powers used stiff clotheslines and shoulder tackles putting Valentine out of it! Powers quickly finished Valentine off with a stalling vertical suplex for the three count! After the match ended Powers posed for a bit to some cheers from the fans.

54, 42, 66 1\2*

Jim Powers gained overness from this match.

Hype video for Rowdy Roddy Piper versus Hollywood Hogan

A recap of the Rowdy Roddy Piper/Hollywood Hogan confrontation from Monday Nitro is shown....

Hollywood Hogan- Rowdy Roddy Piper this message goes out to you "Icon". You know something brother? You got alot of nerve coming down to the ring Hollywood Hogan built and talking trash about Hollywood's name. Piper brother you have to realize that at Starrcade Hollywood beat you down within a inch of your life brother! You didn't win! And now you're somehow the number one contender for my title? Piper if you think you have the advantage at Superbrawl VII then you're wrong! Just because it's no disqualification and just because the nWo can't interfere won't mean you're walking away with Hollywood's title brother! Rowdy Piper you should have stayed home where you belong instead of challenging me for my title! Piper you wish you had arms like Hollywood, You wish that you had the twenty four inch pythons and the wrestling ability of Hollywood brother! Rowdy Piper I build this house and I'm the real icon in the business! Hollywood Hogan is the World Champion and come Superbrawl VII everyone will finally find out who the true icon is.... Piper I know you're here tonight and I know you're scared of Hollywood Hogan but I don't feel like waiting until Superbrawl VII! So get your butt down here so Hollywood Hogan can kick it brother! Hey I know you're running scared but Hollywood ain't gonna leave the ring until you come down here!

The music of Rowdy Roddy Piper hits to a huge ovation from the fans, Rowdy Roddy Piper steps out through the curtain wearing his red kilt with a black t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it, Piper walks down the entry way with a big smile on his face as the fans chant "Piper". Piper gets into the ring and stares down Hollywood Hogan. Piper is then handed a microphone as the fans continue to chant his name.

Rowdy Roddy Piper- What do you want Hogan?

Hollywood Hogan- Brother as I stand here and look at you, I feel disgusted! Rowdy Piper after the beating I gave you at Starrcade you should have learned to stay home! I beat you down like a dog Piper and everyone knows it! You couldn't last in the ring with Hollywood Hogan! You think you're at a advantage come Superbrawl VII but Hollywood has a big surprise for you brother! You WILL NOT walk out of Superbrawl VII with the WCW World Championship Piper, I will beat you and show to all these people why Hollywood Hogan is the only icon in the wrestling business!

Rowdy Roddy Piper- Hogan you called me all the way out here for me to stand around and listen to you talk? Hollywood or Hulk whatever the hell you want to be called now a days, You have to listen to me when I will you.... That come Superbrawl VII we're gonna fight once again and this time I will not only beat you once again pal but I'll beat you for the WCW World Championship belt you got over your shoulder! And then Hollywood Hogan you won't rule a damn thing! Rowdy Piper is the icon and Hogan come February 16th everyone in San Francisco is gonna see me fists hitting your face! Only one man will come out on top and when there's no DQ, No nWo interference you can bet that man is going to be me!

Both Piper and Hogan stare each other down, Hogan looks ready to get into a fight but instead he backs off.... Hogan gets out of the ring and heads up the entry way pointing to the title telling Piper that at Superbrawl VII Piper would go down..... Monday Nitro ends with Piper in the ring staring down Hogan who's up on the entry way with the title.....

Hollywood Hogan lost overness from this segment.

Billy Kidman defeated Mike Enos

Kidman and Enos had a hard fought evenly matched match..... Enos and Kidman started off trying to out wrestle each other with no men getting the clear advantage, Eventually Enos was able to drill Kidman with a stiff clothesline gaining a near fall. After that the match was all Enos until he tried to powerbomb Kidman which was countered into a facebuster. Kidman then hit a few drop kicks and followed with his swinging bulldog. Kidman then headed up top.... Kidman came off the top with the Shooting Star Press to Enos. Kidman hooked the legs and scored the one, two, three! Afterwards Billy Kidman celebrated another big win here in World Championship Wrestling.

55, 39, 72 *

Interview with Jimmy Hart and Faces Of Fear

Mean Gene Okerlund interviewed Faces Of Fear in the locker room area, Okerlund asked them for their thoughts on today's match but neighter Meng or The Barbarian spoke, Hart did all the talking and told Gene that Faces Of Fear had nothing to worry about today..... Hart told Gene that Meng and Barbarian would run right over their opponents today....

Meng gained overness from this segment.

Faces Of Fear with Jimmy Hart defeated Alex Wright and Bobby Eaton

Wright and Eaton stood no chance today.... Faces Of Fear beat them down and gave them a good old ass kicking..... Faces Of Fear beat down Eaton through out the whole match until he was able to make the tag to Alex Wright.... Wright though didn't stand a chance and soon got beat down. Barbarian hit the Kick Of Fear sending Eaton out to the floor.... Barbarian then grabbed Wright and back dropped Wright into a sit out powerbomb from Meng for the win. After the match ended Faces Of Fear celebrated with Jimmy Hart....

68, 61, 76 **

Ken Shamrock video

A recap of the Ken Shamrock video from Monday Nitro is shown....

The video opens up with a shot of Ken Shamrock's home, The cameras then go inside his home to a room downstairs, We see Ken Shamrock working out hitting a punching bag..... Shamrock then looks into the camera and prepares to talk....

Ken Shamrock- You know some people say I have a problem managing my anger, They tell me I'm too angry for my own good! So that's why I have this room.... It's not just a exercise room but it's where I take my anger out! Now I'm going to World Championship Wrestling.... Where I get paid to take my anger out in that ring.... You know I never thought my anger could be a good thing.... Well the people who get in the ring with me won't think it's a good thing when they're getting beat down with in a inch of their life's! nWo, Horsemen, Dungeon Of Doom, Wolfpac or even WCW..... I'm not friends with any of you! And when I debut I will take my anger out on everyone! When Ken Shamrock comes to WCW everyone will find out why I'm called "The World's Most Dangerous Man"!

The video fades with Ken Shamrock looking intense at the camera....

Jim Duggan defeated Masahiro Chono

Duggan came down to the ring with the American flag which got the fans behind him today. The match started off with Chono jumping Duggan from behind right from the opening bell. Chono pounded on Duggan through out the match but he couldn't keep Duggan's spirit down.... Duggan eventually fought back running over Chono with three stiff clotheslines and then hitting a atomic drop. Duggan finished Chono off with the Three Point Stance and followed with the Old Glory for the one, two, three. Main Event went off the air with Duggan celebrating.

64, 67, 58 1\2*

OR Show Rating- 67

TV Rating- We got a 2.73 rating for 'Main Event'!

The attendance level was 7003 people.

We made $280120 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.97 television rating for 'Superstars'!

The event was attended by 4016 people.

They made $160640 from ticket sales.

ECW's 'Cyberslam' show was attended by 2842 people!

They made $85260 from ticket sales.

I'll sim Monday Nitro out later and a preview should be up for it tomorrow....

user posted image

Live from: San Francisco, California From The Cow Palace.

Credit Damshow for the banner

Current Card

WCW World Championship

No Disqualification Match

nWo is BANNED from ringside

Rowdy Roddy Piper V Hollywood Hogan©

Anything Goes Match

Chris Benoit V The Taskmaster

nWo V WCW Grudge Match

Syxx V Diamond Dallas Page

Number one contenders match for WCW Tag Team Championship

Harlem Heat V Public Enemy

WCW United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero© V Steve McMichael

WCW Television Championship

No Time Limit

Lord Steven Regal© V Rey Mysterio Jr.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Ultimo Dragon© V Dean Malenko

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Live from: Houston, Texas

We are six days away from Superbrawl VII, Tonight we will hear from the current WCW World Champion Hollywood Hogan, What will Hollywood Hogan have to say about his match this Sunday night with Rowdy Roddy Piper? Will Piper show up tonight?

In the Main Event we'll see one of the biggest matches on Monday Nitro history, Lex Luger takes on Kevin Nash! This one should be a gigantic battle between WCW and the nWo. Will Scott Hall be in Nash's corner tonight? What will happen between Luger and The Giant?

Matches for Monday Nitro

Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio Jr. V Lord Steven Regal and Ultimo Dragon

Chris Benoit V Hugh Morrus

Jeff Jarrett V Eddie Guerrero NON TITLE MATCH

Syxx V Billy Kidman

Lex Luger V Kevin Nash

Plus we'll hear from Diamond Dallas Page and much more!

Nitro should be up later in the week, I decided to shorten results a bit due to me being quite busy this week, Superbrawl VII will take awhile to post since PPV's will always be long detailed, Anyways expect Nitro up Saturday or Sunday :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest meripu1

Oh, ages to wait. Damn your busy schedule Hewey!

Oh well, looks like a good card and i sure the buildup to Superbrawl will be continued.

Seems like Super Brawl will be a good show, just wish Jericho was on it....*cough cough*.

Seriously though, good WCW PPV card IMO. Hogan will win definatly if this diary is going to stay realistic as I don't see Hogan putting over his long tme rival Piper.