MLB Hot Stove 2005-06

sahyder1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more that I have read up on the trade the little more that I have liked it. Jason Michaels may not be able to put up huge numbers this year but when he has played in the past he has been able to get on base more consistently then Crisp and that would be good this year setting the table for our middle of the line up. I think that Cleveland was also able to make this trade since we got a lot of upper level prospect in the OF that could be able to play in the coming years while third base is non-exsitent in the minors for us and Boone will probaly be gone after this season anyways. And I am pretty sure that the trade included cash consideration and also a Player to be named later for the Tribe.

San Diego signs Mike Piazza to a 1 year contract, and I believe it comes with an option for next season at $8,000,000.

Remind me to order tickets for the Padres - Mets series on August 8th - 10th, as I want to see my idol at Shea one last time (Piazza) :(

Alex Gonzalez just signed a deal with the Red Sox for 3M this year.

Eh, not sure how good this guy is.

Good defender, can't hit at all though....but a way better player than Alex Cora.

I probably could do better than Alex Cora, and that's not saying much (for me or him)

I have no idea why the Sox still hold onto him.

The Philadelphia Phillies also just got a Alex Gonzalez of their own. This one's a third baseman and has a little more pop than his namesake going to Boston.

I'm still floored that Jeff Weaver has yet to find work. I know his price tag at this stage of the game is ridiculous and Scott Boras is his agent but somebody needs to sign this guy. He'll eat up innings and get you double digit wins every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Remind me to not watch the final 2 weeks of the baseball season. The farewell tour of Barry Bonds is going be too much to take, even though I have no problems with the guy.

Remind me not to watch when he overtakes Babe Ruth in home runs. Congrats Barry, you'll be the second asterisked Hall of Famer after Mark McGwire gets in.

I would avoid the start of the baseball season, which is when that will happen, but it's the only time of the year when the Orioles are actually competing.

I would avoid most of the National League telecasts on the West Coast, as well as any ESPN and other news coverage for the first couple weeks of the season. If you're watching a game Orioles vs. Rangers or Brewers vs. Pirates, you might be safe. Otherwise, let the media giving head to Bonds begin.

I would avoid most of the National League telecasts on the West Coast, as well as any ESPN and other news coverage for the first couple weeks of the season. If you're watching a game Orioles vs. Rangers or Brewers vs. Pirates, you might be safe. Otherwise, let the media giving head to Bonds begin.

Edited by oldskool

You forgot about Bonds Watch, better known as "ZOMFG HOLD ON BASEBALL FANS BARRY BONDS IS STEPPING TO THE PLATE, SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR GAME CUZ BARRY FUCKING BONDS IS BATTING We'll just put your game on a tiny little PIP picture so you can see BARRY BONDS GO FOR HOMERUN # 705...oh wait they walked him well let's watch all four pitches and make you miss something exciting in your game just to be sure Bonds doesn't jump across the plate and hammer one". <_<

Yeah. I can see that a lot on ESPN, ESPN2, and maybe a few of the Fox Sports Net channels. But, all of them? All the other channels? I really doubt YES would break from a Yankees game or NESN from a Red Sox game to show this roided up bastard going for #710, would you?