Spiderman 3

Guest J_Lethal

Doesn't care much for Venom... what the fuck. I'd go as far to say that Venom is one of, if not THE, most well known arch nemesis of Spiderman's.

Well, that doesn't exactly mean much really. If he thinks he can tell a story with a lesser known villian, than all the power to her. Perhaps, he just wants to go on with what he wanted to do... and at least he's leaving a window open for the next director.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Venom's well known, doesn't mean everyone likes the character. From what I gathered, Raimi doesn't like Venom. Whatever, odds are there will be a Spiderman 4, let the new director handle it. It seems like they're going to tease Venom for Spiderman 3, then have Spiderman 4 be the focus of it.

Just because Venom's well known, doesn't mean everyone likes the character. From what I gathered, Raimi doesn't like Venom. Whatever, odds are there will be a Spiderman 4, let the new director handle it. It seems like they're going to tease Venom for Spiderman 3, then have Spiderman 4 be the focus of it.

I don't think they can rush the Venom "saga". It needs to be brought up at the very least in Spider-Man 3, and then they spend the whole of Spider-Man 4 with him as Spider-Man's enemy, and heck, maybe he can kill MJ, it'd certainly get that annoying Kirsten Dunst of my screen, and perhaps they could bring in Gwen Stacy at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont read the comics, but I loved the cartoons and Venom was eaaaaaaaaaaaasily my favourite enemy/storyline for Spiderman. Classic stuff, and I'd be interested in how they pull it off onscreen. As people have said. Who cares if they have a weed playing the guy... they will most likely just have him acting as pre-venom and CGI Venom at the very, very end. Like in those Alien trailers, where at the very end you see the head come into pitch, cue the tongue :P

• 2 months later...

If that's true, it's made me look forward to Spider-Man 3 even more than I already did.

However, it also has me a little worried what with the introduction of Venom, Sandman, Gwen Stacy and the changing of Harry Osborn, as well as the rumoured introduction/changes of Doc Conners/the Lizard. That's to much for a 2 hour film. With Sam Raimi still attached, I have more hope for Spider-Man 3 than X-Men 3 which looks muddled beyond belief, but I have got faith that Raimi can make it work, but my biggest worry is how big a role Venom will get.

If that's true, it's made me look forward to Spider-Man 3 even more than I already did.

However, it also has me a little worried what with the introduction of Venom, Sandman, Gwen Stacy and the changing of Harry Osborn, as well as the rumoured introduction/changes of Doc Conners/the Lizard. That's to much for a 2 hour film. With Sam Raimi still attached, I have more hope for Spider-Man 3 than X-Men 3 which looks muddled beyond belief, but I have got faith that Raimi can make it work, but my biggest worry is how big a role Venom will get.

I am guessing that Sandman is going to be the main villain, Harry will continue his downward spiral into what will eventually be his taking on either his fathers role or the Hobgoblin role. As far as Topher is concerned, if he is introduced as Eddie Brock in the movie, then I think it will just be the introduction of the character. I doubt we will even see Venom in this movie. The whole Lizard thing could work. Two "minor" villains instead of one of Spidey's main villains. I wouldn't be suprised if they kill off MJ in this one either. You know who I would really like to see in one of these movies is Kraven. I think that character would transfer to the big screen better than some of the other villains.

Edited by Brimstone13

Guest Bluesman

Guest Takayamanofear

I don't like the way this is looking. They are really looking to take liberties with the original story. Gwen came before MJ, hell she was dead long before MJ and Peter ever dated. This looks to be used for the whiny angst shit that destroyed the last film, which will take up some time. Venom's origins, while hinted at a bit in the last one, should take (if done properly) time to develop. The trip to space, Peter's time with the symbiote, creation and development of Eddie Brock, etc.

Well if Dunst is going to leave after Spiderman 3, it would make sense to bring in someone else. Yes, its not going to stick to the comic, but its not like they can bring in someone else to play MJ, as that would look redicious.

Well if Dunst is going to leave after Spiderman 3, it would make sense to bring in someone else. Yes, its not going to stick to the comic, but its not like they can bring in someone else to play MJ, as that would look redicious.

Why not? They almost brought in someone else to play Spider-Man.

I wonder if we'll see the Jackal later in the Franchise then. I doubt it, as there are already a multitude of villans and possibilities, but it'd be cool.

I enjoyed what I read of the clone saga, although at times they did try to overcomplicate things hugely which is why people seemed to hate/dislike it. Oh, that and the whole "most comic fans don't like change" thing. It would be interesting to bring the Jackal into it in one film.

Great thing about comic book films is that they could easily go on forever and take the franchise into at least 10 sequals for every film.

I agree especially with Spiderman his villain archive has more than most superheroes if done right they could easily knockout 10 Spiderman movies.

That is even before they start to team villains up but saying that I would like to see one where he takes on the Sinister Six.

Only thing I ask is if we ever see Electro please update his costume that green suit with the lightning blot mask drives me barmy

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22334

Apparently Theresa Russell has been cast to play the Black Cat in Spider-Man 3. Either that or Sandman's wife. Do they HAVE enough characters right now?

Edited by The Monkey Molester 27

I do like The Black Cat but with so many other Spiderman characters making their debut in part 3 will it be over load I think Black Cat should wait until part 4.

They will have to explain how she gets her powers as we know Sony doesn't have the rights to King Pin so who will give her the powers as well as her natural bad luck powers.

Maybe Dr Strange will just give her the powers straight off but then again that means added yet another characte