NWATNA: On The Road

C-MIL

You're stringing me along aren't ya. I know you are. Damn you...lol. I'm so itching for Credible as part of The Extreme Horsemen but so far, no go. Alex Wright in TNA? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, just never liked his dancing gimmick. He was cool as Berlyn though. Road Warriors + Harris Brothers=Ewww. A lot of brawling with not much else. Looks like Jarrett is playing a bit of the mind games now, which is good. Not to mention easing up a bit on Sting, which is another good thing. So far I'm loving it. Keep this up.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for hanging in, Tristan. While playing today, I took a rather obnoxious hit in terms of this storyline, but hopefully I can salvage it. I'm not the biggest Wright fan either, but he's a good bit more over than the rest of my roster and makes a believeable and useful jobber. The Warriors were just meant to pop the crowd and eliminate the Harrises so Lynn could pick up the main event win. As always, Jarrett had a Plan B and it unfortunately worked to obscene precision.

Here's the X-Travaganza preshow. Enjoy!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 10th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: X-Travaganza

By Jimmy Kirk

"It's finally here! X-Travaganza! Hello, I'm Mike Tenay, alongside Don West and for the next two hours, get ready for excitement. Get ready for exhilaration. Get ready for the X-Division!" Tenay said, welcome fans to the show, "We've got so much action scheduled that right now, we're going to kick things off with our 'Xamination' 20-man battle royal! The winner of this match will earn an NWATNA contract and will be regularly featured on our weekly pay-per-views!" "Mike, this is a golden opportunity for these guys and they know it," West said, "Wrestlers from around the world have all come together for this night and this match, just to try and earn a spot with NWATNA!"

Tenay began introducing the participants, beginning with the XWF's own Kid Kash. Kash was followed by one-half of CZW's Backseat Boyz, Trent Acid. European daredevil Jody Fleisch was next, followed by Ring of Honor's Xavier. Brian Kendrick and EZ Money preceeded the introduction of Japanese superstar Jinsei Shinzaki, formerly Hakushi of WWF fame. Another "Big Two" veteran, Elix Skipper, joined the fray along with Frankie "The Future" Kazarian. A trifecta of RoHers in Paul London and Jose & Joel Maximo came out before Ruckus and Quiet Storm. Pop music ushered in former Three Count member Shannon Moore who received a chorus of boos for his attire and theme song. Rounding out the participants were the lesser-known J.R. Ryder, Matt Stryker, Super Dragon and Yasushi Tsujimoto, formerly Brother Yashiini in Japan.

Just then... K-Krush's theme hit! Out came Krush, who headed straight for Tenay and West at the broadcast booth. "Give me a microphone!" he shouted at them until West handed over his mike, "Hey! Listen up! All you losers... you all need to get the hell out of MY ring!" "K-Krush, we're trying to start this event," Tenay said, "Tonight is dedicated to the X-Division!"

"X-Division?" Krush said, "What the hell is that?" West chimed in, explaining the principles behind the X-Division briefly before Krush cut him off with, "High-risk? Man, gettin' in the ring with K-Krush is a high risk! I don't need to be jumpin' off the top rope to be a threat. i'll prove it right now! All you guys make room! K-Krush is fixin' to beat all your skinny asses!"

K-Krush ran down the aisle and dove into the ring, then began wailing away on everyone in sight. All twenty men began brawling and the bell rang, signifying the start of the bout. "Fans, we are out of time here!" Tenay said, "One of these men will earn an NWATNA contract! Who will it be? Just $9.95 gives you the answer and so much more! Rey Misterio Jr., TAKA Michinoku, the #1 Contender's Trophy... it's all underway! We'll see you next week from Charlotte!"

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 10th, 2002

Dangerous Details: X-Travaganza

By "Danger" Will Riker

20-MAN XAMINATION

The show kicked off with the battle royal already in progress. Shannon Moore found himself trapped in the center of the ring and hacked away at mercilessly by the other competitors. As each man gathered around him in a circle, firing off chops, Moore spun around and stumbled towards the ropes. Disoriented, Moore staggered towards the center of the ring... then spilled out over the top, becoming the first man to be eliminated! The crowd chanted "Three Count sucked" as Moore stumbled up the aisle to the back.

Matt Stryker became the next victim after a colossal superkick by Jinsei Shinzaki moments later. As Kazarian and Kendrick locked horns, across the ring Jody Fleisch and Joel Maximo tried to eliminate Ruckus. They dumped him out, but Ruckus held on to the top rope, pulling it down. Fleisch then leveled Joel from behind, knocking him over and out of the match! As Kazarian tried to muscle out Kendrick, a running yakuza kick by Trent Acid knocked him over, making him the fourth man to exit the Xamination without a victory.

"K-Krush is in serious trouble in there!" Tenay said as Shinzaki and Yasushi Tsujimoto tried to dump him out. "You're right," West said, "But Krush is already on the NWATNA roster. He has nothing to lose here and only bragging rights to gain!" Krush showed incredible strength and flexibility by skinning the cat and kicking both of the Japanese imports in the face! Shinzaki and Yasushi staggered around, then collided into one another, falling to the mat! Meanwhile, Trent Acid picked up his second straight elimination with a yakuza kick on Ruckus, knocking his fellow CZW employee out of the ring.

Quiet Storm and J.R. Ryder traded stuff chops in the center of the ring... then Ryder leapt up and caught Storm with a huracanrana, driving him to the mat and overrotating so that Ryder landed on his feet! Tenay cited that Ryder called that move the Ripcord, when suddenly... Jody Fleisch leapt from out of nowhere and caught Jinsei Shinzaki with the Phoenix 720 DDT! "Holy cow!" West said, "This is incredible!" Fleisch quickly chucked Shinzaki out, leaving only fourteen participants remaining.

J.R. Ryder and Xavier formed an alliance and began stomping away on Paul London in the corner. Brian Kendrick, London's friend and fellow Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Academy graduate, rushed to his aid, only to be caught with a DDT by Ryder. With London and Kendrick both in bad shape, Xavier and Ryder decided it was time to throw them out. Ryder pulled Kendrick up, but Xavier protested, saying he wanted to be the one to toss them out. The two argued until finally... Xavier kicked Ryder in the gut and tossed him out!

"There are no friends or allies in this!" Don West said as Ryder begrudingly walked away, "Trent Acid is a machine in there!" West's assessment was dead-on as Acid yakuza kicked out Super Dragon, chalking up his third elimination, nearly half of the eight total. The crowd shuddered as Quiet Storm drilled Kendrick with the brutal Storm Cradle Driver, then cheered as an Xavier superkick ended "Prime Time" Elix Skipper's night. "Quiet Storm just destroyed him!" West cried out, "That move was... OH! Another kick by Acid! Storm is out!" "You're right, Don," Tenay said, "By my count, that leaves ten men remaining. We're at our halfway mark!"

Jody Fleisch was next to go, courtesy of Kid Kash. His elimination was soon followed by the elimination of EZ Money after a scissor kick by K-Krush. Acid, the Cinderella story of the night, rushed Kash with yet another yakuza kick, but the Notorious K.I.D. was too far from the ropes to be knocked over. As Kash lay prone on the mat... London nailed Yasushi Tsujimoto with a dropkick, then backflipped in mid-air and came crashing down on Kash! The impact knocked Tsujimoto out of the ring, but mere seconds later, Xavier pulled London off of Kash and tossed him out, leaving only six men left to vie for the precious contract.

"K-Krush, Trent Acid, Kid Kash, Xavier, Brian Kendrick and Joel Maximo," Tenay said, listing off the remaining participants, "One of these men is going to walk away a big winner here!" The six split up into three separate brawls with Krush and Kendrick occupying one corner, diagonal to the slugfest between Maximo and Xavier. Kid Kash pounded away on Acid, but when he whipped Trent into the ropes, Acid fired off a big kick, this time successfully knocking Kash out of the match! Trent dropped to his knees and took a breather as the brawls in the corners intensified.

Xavier unleashed vicious kicks on Jose in the corner and Krush and Kendrick traded punches. Both Kendrick and Xavier attempted to whip their foes into one another... but Krush reversed, sending Kendrick colliding into Jose! Jose quickly recovered and grabbed Kendrick, looking to hit Maximo Overdrive. Brian flipped out of the move and slipped behind Maximo, latching on a waistlock. As Maximo bent down, attempting to break Kendrick's grip... K-Krush blasted him with a killer scissor kick! Kendrick merely dragged the barely conscious Jose to the ropes and dumped him out, dwindling the field to the final four. Four became three very quickly as Xavier joined the long list of men who Acid's yakuza kick had sent packing.

"Trent Acid has been dominant!" West said, "Still, I've got to put my money on K-Krush. I can't believe he's lasted this long with these X-Division stars!" Acid launched a yakuza kick at Kendrick and knocked him over the ropes, but Kendrick held on and tried to slide beneath the bottom rope, but Acid fired off a few kicks, keeping him in serious jeopardy. As Acid struggled with Kendrick, Krush nailed him from behind! Krush kicked him in the gut and sized him up for the scissor kick, but when Krush moved in for the kill... Acid stood up and blasted him with a mid-air yakuza kick! Acid turned back towards Kendrick... who skinned the cat, grabbed Acid's head with his feet and took him over the top to the floor! "We're down to two!" Tenay said, "Right now, this young man, Brian Kendrick has everything to gain!" "Yeah," West said, "But his opponent, K-Krush has absolutely nothing to lose!"

Kendrick leapt up, looking for a huracanrana... but Krush drilled him into the mat with a sit-out powerbomb! From there, Krush hit his N-Bomb finisher, then stood over Kendrick and taunted the crowd. "What's he doing?" West said as Krush demanded that referee Chuck Berry count his pin, "This only ends when both feet touch the floor, not by pin!" Krush pulled Kendrick up, then slapped him around, smiling arrogantly as Kendrick struggled to remain on his feet. Krush kicked Kendrick in the gut, then called for the scissor kick! As Kendrick stood, bent over, Krush aimed... then stopped, and pointed to the top rope! "No!" Tenay said, "A scissor kick from the top?!" "You've got to be kidding me!" West exclaimed as Krush began scaling the turnbuckles.

Halfway up... Kendrick sprang to life! He ran to the corner, grabbed Krush's head, pounced off the ropes and flipped backwards, sending both men flying out of the ring and through a ringside table! As the crowd chanted "holy shit", Tenay and West struggled to make sense of what they'd just witnessed. "My God! A backflipping Ace crusher off the top rope to the floor!" Tenay said, "That was insanity!" "Absolutely," West agreed, "But who won the match? Does Kendrick get the contract?"

Tenay and West guided the audience through a series of replays, including shots from several angles. None seemed conclusive either way whose feet hit the ground first, mainly because the impact caused the table to collapse, obstructing the view somewhat. "Mike, looking at that, I honestly don't know," West said, "Kendrick was up a lot higher in the air, but Krush fell flat on his back onto that table. It's really a coin toss at this point."

Referee Chuck Berry stepped in and checked on both men, then summoned the ring announcer over to the site of the wreckage. He whispered something to him and moments later... Brian Kendrick's hand was raised in victory! "Good call!" West said, "After seeing that, this kid earned that contract! Welcome to NWATNA, Mr. Kendrick!" "Yes," Tenay said, "Brian Kendrick will be a welcome addition to our roster... but was that the right call?"

WINNER: Brian Kendrick via over the top rope elimination at 23:54

As the ringside area was cleared, Tenay and West quickly plugged Ring of Honor's "Crowning Of A Champion" card this weekend. "Next week, you're going to get to see the new RoH Champion make his NWATNA debut in a non-title match against the winner of our next match," Tenay said, "It'll be a great preview of the title match to take place in Boston sometime in August." "Mike, the NWA Championship Committee is sure taking their sweet time filling us in on the status of the NWA World Title," West said, "All we know is that it's currently vacant. With the NWA Title in limbo, this RoH Title is incredibly important to the crossover stars between NWATNA and RoH." "There you see the trophy," Tenay said, referring to the RoH #1 Contender's Trophy which was brought to ringside by an RoH official, "That's what our winner is going to get."

RoH #1CONTENDER'S TROPHY MATCH

SCOOT ANDREWS vs. BRYAN DANIELSON vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

The match started with three separate handshakes, then all three men putting their hands in the center and promising to uphold the code of honor. Daniels and Danielson locked up and began jockeying for position, ignoring Scoot. Andrews took offense and shoved them, then demanded that one of them engage him in combat. Daniels and Danielson exchanged glances... then blasted Scoot with a combination leg sweep/spinning heel kick!

With Andrews momentarily out of commission, the Angel and the Dragon resumed their match with Danielson attempting to hook in a submission hold. Daniels broke out and climbed up top, looking for a cross-body block. Danielson leapt up and scored with a dropkick to the midsection, then sized Daniels up for a running knee to the head. He charged... but Scoot grabbed his leg and tripped him up, causing Bryan to fall face-first to the mat. Andrews returned to the ring where he and Daniels began double-teaming the American Dragon, as Scoot hoisted Bryan up for a spinebuster, then Daniels nailed him with a big missile dropkick to the face!

With Danielson rendered senseless, Andrews quickly shifted gears and dissolved his tenuous alliance, nailing Daniels with a blistering chop. Daniels began working on Scoot's arm, but Andrews quickly took Daniels down. Just then... Michael Shane hit the ring! Daniels and Andrews continued their struggle as Shane obliterated Danielson with a vicious superkick! Shane ducked out of the ring just as Daniels hit Scoot with a clothesline, knocking him over the top rope to the floor. Christopher turned, spotted the unconscious Danielson, then immediately hooked the leg and scored the pin.

WINNER: Christopher Daniels via pinfall at 16:34

"What was that?!" West asked, "Michael Shane just handed Daniels the win?" "I don't think so, Don," Tenay said as Shane ripped the trophy away from the ringside official and carried it up the ramp while a bewildered Daniels looked on, "I don't think Michael Shane was out here to help anybody but himself! Either way, Christopher Daniels is now the #1 contender to the RoH Title. Next week, however, live on our pay-per-view, you'll see Daniels taking on the new RoH Champion in a non-title match!" "Mike, as excited for that as I am, I simply can't look that far ahead," West said, "Up next, we've got Rey Misterio Jr. taking on TAKA... what the heck?! What's HE doing here?"

As West and Tenay scrambled to make sense of it, The Honky Tonk Man walked out to the ring. "My, oh my!" he said, "It's good to be in North Carolina! Now, I know y'all didn't expect to se me here, but... surprise, surprise! Welcome to an X-TRA SPECIAL... get it?... edition of Honky Talk!" "Oh, not this," Tenay said, "Tonight is dedicated to the stars and action of the X-Division. The only thing high-risk about Honky is his wardrobe." "Now, over the last two weeks, I've been gettin' to know what this whole X-Division is about, thanks to my guests," HTM said, "And tonight is no exception. Please welcome... Jerry Lynn!"

The crowd gave Lynn a great round of applause as he walked to the ring and greeted HTM. "My, my, my," Honky said, "They sure do like you in North Carolina! Jerry, thanks for being my guest this evening. Now, as you know, the past two weeks I've been talkin' to Rey Misterio Jr., the grandfather of the X-Division. I suppose that'd make you what... the great-grandfather?" "Honky," Lynn said, "Last month, I celebrated my 40th birthday!"

"40?" West said, "Jerry Lynn is an incredible specimen for his age!" "40?" HTM said, "Shoot, Jerry... ain't it about time you started thinking about slowin' down some?" "Well, if you saw me BEAT Jeff Jarrett last week, I think you'd know that I'm not only not going to slow down, but I'm ready to kick it into high gear!" Lynn replied. "Hmmm,, Honky said, "Last I recall you got clocked over the head by one of ol' Jeff's guitars. You sure didn't look like..." Honky was suddenly cut off by the entrance music of... The Amazing Red!

"What now?" Tenay asked, "First Honky Tonk Man, then Jerry Lynn, now Red?" Red stood at the entranceway and held up a microphone. "Wow," Red said, "Jerry Lynn. THE Jerry Lynn. It's an honor to be in your presence... or it would've been. You see, last week, everyone watching saw Jeff Jarrett get the best of you. Sure, you won the match, but reach back and feel that knot on the back of your head, Jerry. That's not the sign of a winner. Luckily, nobody will remember it. Know why? Because years from now, July 3rd will be remembered for something much bigger... the pay-per-view debut of The Amazing Red! Ever since I stepped foot in NWATNA, you and everyone else became an afterthought, Jerry. Just be grateful I allowed you to close the show that I stole."

"You know what?" Lynn said, "You were pretty impressive last week, Red. I'll give you that. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you stole the show with your match." "Y-you would?" Red stammered, alarmed by Lynn's comments. "Sure," Jerry said, "And I'd like to give you the opportunity to steal this show... right now!" "Now, hold on just a..." HTM started, then stopped as Lynn chucked him out of the ring, then motioned for Red to come down and wrestle! "Jerry Lynn versus The Amazing Red!" Don West exclaiming, "It's going to happen right now!"

THE AMAZING RED vs. JERRY LYNN

"Jerry Lynn may be letting his pride get the best of him here," Tenay said, "After what we saw last week, he can't be at 100%." "You're right," West agreed, "But Lynn's loss is Red's gain. A win over Jerry Lynn would cement him as the true future of this X-Division. He got the job done last week. Let's see if Red can do it again!" Red charged Lynn, but walked right into a hard boot to the gut. Lynn began kicking away at Red in the corner, then dragged him out and covered him for a two-count.

Lynn began working over Red's leg, but Red fired off a few sharp kicks, causing Jerry to back off. Lynn threw a wild clothesline, but Red ducked and rattled off a series of hard chops on Lynn, then nailed him with an enzuigiri! With Lynn down, Red arrogantly posed... then launched into the Red Star Press! "We saw him use this last week as a finishing move!" Tenay said, "Cover! NO! Jerry Lynn gets the shoulder up before three!"

Red, visibly upset that Lynn had survived his signature move, pulled Lynn up to his feet and hopped on his back as Lynn doubled over. Red thrust forward, attempting to flip Lynn into a powerbomb... but Lynn held his ground and dropped backwards, sending Red face-first into the mat! Both men struggled to get to their feet with Red winning the race. Red rushed towards Lynn... only to get scooped up and planted with the TKO! "Cover! One! Two! Three!" Tenay cried out, counting along with Billy Silverman, "Jerry Lynn did it!"

WINNER: Jerry Lynn via pinfall at 5:57

Red pouted as he left the ring while Lynn saluted the fans, who applauded him appreciatively. "Mike, Jerry Lynn is... what the heck?!" West began, then stopped short as a man rushed into the ring and attacked Lynn from behind! "It's Jarrett!" Tenay shouted as the self-proclaimed chosen one battered Lynn, then spun him around and dropped him with the Stroke. Luckily for Lynn, security rushed out and pulled Jarrett off of him, but not before Jarrett could take up the microphone left on the mat by The Honky Tonk Man.

"Listen up! Get your hands off me a second! Listen up!" Jarrett said as he attempted to wriggle free from security, "Next week, NWATNA is in Charlotte, North Carolina. Now it's not going to be a replay of the last time you saw Sting when he appeared out of nowhere. You're going to see Sting walk right out that entranceway and down to the ring... to face me! It's going to be an NWATNA first! Sting versus 'The Chosen One' and you had better not miss it... because it'll be Sting's LAST appearance in wrestling! I ran Shamrock out of here, I just ran Jerry Lynn out of here and next week... I'm running Sting out of here!"

With that said, security dragged Jarrett to the back while medics helped carry Lynn out. "Jarrett versus Sting?" Tenay said, "My God, that's going to be huge next week in Charlotte!" "Mike, the tension is at a fever-pitch here in NWATNA," Don West said, "You've got Michael Shane waging war on Ring of Honor. You've got the X-Division running at an ungodly pace. You've got now Jeff Jarrett and Sting! Add all that to what we've got coming up next and... Mike, I'm not sure how much more I can take!" "Don, up next is two pioneers in bringing the X-Division style to the big leagues," Tenay said, "This began as two icons going head-to-head, but became personal when TAKA Michinoku attacked Rey Misterio Jr. last week. Tonight, they go one-on-one!"

REY MISTERIO JR. vs. TAKA MICHINOKU

Misterio, running on pure emotion from the events of last week, charged TAKA and began throwing punch after punch, taking Michinoku down in the corner. He pulled TAKA up and whipped him across the ring... then charged and splashed him in the corner! As TAKA stood there, dazed, Rey nailed him with another running splash! Rey stepped and charged, looking for a third... but TAKA used Rey's own momentum to hoist him up and toss him over the top rope to the floor! "That impact!" Tenay said, "Misterio just crashed and burned right in front of us... whoa! Here comes TAKA!"

Michinoku pounced off the top rope and splashed down on Misterio on the floor, ijnuring himself a bit in the process. TAKA recovered and worked the kinks out of his shoulder, then tossed Rey back into the ring and made a cover, complete with propping his feet on the ropes for additional leverage. "Not this way!" West said, "One! Two! Yes! Mark Johnson spotted it! Good call, Slick!" The referee refused to count TAKA's pin, angering the Japanese star. TAKA stood up and began shouting at Johnson... then Rey rolled him up from behind! The move only got Misterio a two-count and riled TAKA up even more.

TAKA took out his frustrations on Rey with a series of stomps to the head, then pulled him up and whipped him across the ring. Rey quickly leapt to the middle rope and backflipped off... right into the Michinoku Driver! "My God!" Tenay cried out, "TAKA just crushed Rey with the dreaded Michinoku Driver!" Michinoku made a cover, but to the shock of everyone in attendance, Rey gutted through the pain and raised his shoulder at two! "Where does he get the strength?!" West asked, marveling at Rey's grit and determination.

As Rey tried to get up, TAKA ran and hit him with a low dropkick right in the face. With Rey wiped out, TAKA began jumping up and down frantically, signalling for yet another Michinoku Driver. He pulled Rey to his feet, then scooped him up, then Rey quickly slipped out of his grip and landed behind him. TAKA spun around and grabbed Rey by the head, then slung him over the top rope. Rey landed on the apron and steadied himself as TAKA turned around and continued to taunt the crowd. As TAKA turned around, Rey sprang up to the top, jumped off and caught Michinoku with a flying huracanrana which led to the three-count!

WINNER: Rey Misterio Jr. via pinfall at 12:48

"Let that be a lesson to anyone who says Rey Misterio Jr. has lost a step!" Don West said, "He's as good as ever... if not better!" Rey climbed the turnbuckles, celebrating his win, when suddenly... he was attacked from behind! "RED?!" Tenay shouted as The Amazing Red pulled Misterio off the middle rope, then leveled him with a kick to the head, "What is going on?!" Red gave Rey a few stomps before hitting him with the Red Star Press! With the damage done, Red made his exit, grinning from ear-to-ear. "Mike, this guy is determined to make a name for himself no matter what," West said as Red slipped behind the curtain, just before medics rushed out, "What a sour note to end this great event with!"

"End?" a voice said, "Oye, perdedor! This show ain't over yet, man!" Up walked Juventud Guerrera, clutching a microphone, along with Super Crazy. "Dos Locos?" Tenay said. "This ain't over until WE say it over, comprende?" Juvi snapped back, "If you'll recall, we issued out an open challenge to any team in the world to come here and learn what the X-Division is all about... Mexico style! Now, we knew there wasn't a team in the world with the cojones to take us on. Still, this X-Travaganza no es completo sin Dos Locos! That's why we got our opponent ourselves! You two!"

"WHAT?!" Tenay said as Super Crazy pulled him out of his chair and began pulling him towards the ring. "No, no, no," West protested, holding up his hands in defense, "Come on, guys! Don't do this!" "Huh?" Juvi said, "You wanted to show off the X-Division, huh? Let's do it then! Let's show the greatest tag team in the X-Division beating the hell out of two maricons! Come on, el gordo! Get up!" As Dos Locos tried to drag Tenay and West away from the booth and to the ring, suddenly a voice was heard! "Stop right there!" it said.

Dos Locos stopped in their tracks and looked to the entrance, where they saw Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. "Let them go!" Morton said, "They aren't wrestlers!" "Hey, we may not be into this whole X-Division thing but we've taken a risk in our day," Gibson said. "That's right," Ricky said, "You know, a lot of people have said that there are people running around NWATNA who have lost a step. Well, if you look at tonight, all the guys that have supposedly gone over the hill... they've all been winners. It gets me thinking." "Me too, Ricky," Robert says, "It seems there's some magic in the air tonight and well, it'd sure be a shame to waste it!"

Morton and Gibson ran over and began slugging away at Dos Locos, pulling them away from the booth and into the entranceway. As the brawl spilled down the aisle, Tenay and West returned to the booth. "The Rock 'N' Roll Express!" Tenay shouted, "It seems they've accepted Dos Locos' challenge!" "Mike, these two teams are headed towards the ring!" West exclaimed, "It looks like we're going to have one more match tonight at X-Travaganza!"

THE ROCK 'N' ROLL EXPRESS vs. DOS LOCOS

"We've got a bell, but this isn't a match... it's a fight!" West said as the teams battled their way down the aisle to ringside. The Express sent Juvi careening into the ringpost, then pitched Crazy inside the ring and continued their assault. The referee, Mickey Jay, demanded that one of the Rock 'N' Rolls leave the ring, but they ignored him and dropped Crazy with a double flapjack. Morton left the ring, but came right back in off the tag and leapt off the top onto Crazy's arm as Gibson held him in an armwringer.

The Rock 'N' Rolls continued to exchange quick tags and double-team Crazy, sending him sky high and right down to the mat with a colossal double back body drop. Gibson made a cover, but Juvi snatched his foot and dragged him underneath the bottom rope, then began putting the boots to him on the arena floor. Crazy recovered and tagged to Juvi, who pitched Gibson back in, then dropped a big flying elbowdrop on him.

Juvi propped Gibson up in the corner, then backed off, distracting the ref as Crazy choked Gibson with the tag rope! Morton jumped in, shouting for the ref to turn around, but his protests only served to distract Jay further. Behind his back, Crazy climbed in the ring joined Juvi in hitting Gibson with an Express classic, the double dropkick! Juvi rolled out of the ring, making an illegal switch and Crazy continued the assault on Gibson.

Gibson fired back with a few punches, but got planted with a DDT in center ring. "Cover by Crazy!" Tenay said, "One! Two! Oh! Crazy pulled him up!" "That's arrogance," West said, "Dos Locos are firmly in command here, but that was a big mistake." "Normally I'd agree," Tenay said, "But these two have a plan! Juventud Guerrera with the tag, and it looks like... they're setting up for that devastating Locomotion finisher!"

Juvi climbed up as Crazy struggled to hoist Gibson up. Ricky Morton quickly ran to the opposite corner and began shaking the ropes, causing Juvi to lose his balance and tumble out to the arena floor! Gibson escaped Crazy's grip, then spun him around and lifted him up in a piledriver, only to have Morton jump off the top rope and drive Crazy's head into the mat! "Spike piledriver!" Tenay cried out, "Juvi's back in the ring... there it is! Double dropkick! Cover! He got him!"

WINNERS: The Rock 'N' Roll Express via pinfall at 18:06

The Rock 'N' Roll Express embraced in center ring as the crowd cheered them on. "What an incredible ending to a historic night!" Tenay said, "This, ladies and gentlemen, has been the X-Division, the future of professional wrestling! We hope you enjoyed X-Travaganza! For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay saying good night from Greensboro and we'll see you next week in Charlotte!" "Rock 'N' Roll forever!" West shouted as Morton and Gibson continued their victory celebration.

X-Travaganza:

K-Krush enters the Xamination.

- Overall Rating: 69%

- K-Krush gained overness from this segment.

Brian Kendrick defeats 19 others in the Xamination.

- Overall Rating: 55%

- Crowd Reaction: 43%

- Match Quality: 67%

- Brian Kendrick debuted his new "fun babyface" gimmick.

- Elix Skipper debuted his new "cocky" gimmick.

- Frankie Kazarian debuted his new "evolution" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Jinsei Shinzaki debuted his new "foreign star" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Joel Maximo debuted his new "lackey" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Jose Maximo debuted his new "lackey" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Kid Kash debuted his new "arrogant" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Ruckus debuted his new "none" gimmick.

- Shannon Moore debuted his new "boy band" gimmick, it got a negative response.

- Super Dragon debuted his new "mysterious" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Trent Acid debuted his new "boy band" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Shannon Moore is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Christopher Daniels defeats Bryan Danielson and Scoot Andrews.

- Overall Rating: 72%

- Crowd Reaction: 54%

- Match Quality: 91%

Honky Talk features Jerry Lynn.

- Overall Rating: 59%

Jerry Lynn defeats The Amazing Red.

- Overall Rating: 73%

- Crowd Reaction: 59%

- Match Quality: 87%

Jeff Jarrett hypes his match with Sting.

- Overall Rating: 76%

- Sting lost overness from this segment.

Rey Misterio Jr. defeats TAKA Michinoku.

- Overall Rating: 80%

- Crowd Reaction: 68%

- Match Quality: 93%

The Rock 'N' Roll Express answer Dos Locos' challenge.

- Overall Rating: 57%

- Juventud Guerrera lost overness from this segment.

The Rock 'N' Roll Express defeat Dos Locos.

- Overall Rating: 77%

- Crowd Reaction: 70%

- Match Quality: 84%

Overall Rating: 69%

- Buyrate: 0.15

- Attendance: 2,762

- Terry Taylor: "You overused The Amazing Red at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him."

- Terry Taylor: "Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."

Edited by C-MIL

NWATNA.com

Thursday, July 11th, 2002

Next: The Ride

By Katy-Jayne Myers

As viewers of X-Travaganza learned last night, Jeff Jarrett has promised that this Wednesday he will go one-on-one with the incomparable Sting! After eliminating Ken Shamrock and Jerry Lynn from NWATNA, will Jarrett make Sting his next victim or will Sting make good on his silent threat and send Jarrett running?

The Extreme Horsemen have invaded NWATNA and promise a big surprise is coming this Wednesday in Charlotte! Rumors have been running rampant as to who this mysterious "number four" may or may not be, but we at NWATNA.com have learned that Simon Diamond of the Extreme Horsemen will make his in-ring debut against "The Hawaiian Hellraiser" Taiyo Kea. Given Kea's past history from Japan with Horsemen nemesis Satoshi Kojima, this may be shaping up to be one of the biggest wars to hit NWATNA in history!

Ring of Honor will crown their first-ever champion on Saturday, but whoever emerges with the gold will have little time to rest. He'll be a part of The Ride, going one-on-one with "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels in a non-title match.

After suffering their first loss in NWATNA, Dos Locos will be on hand. One can only imagine their temperament after last night's shocking loss to the legendary Rock 'N' Roll Express. Can Juvi and Crazy rebound from their tough loss?

Plus, the newest addition to the NWATNA roster, Brian Kendrick will be in action and so much more!

Don't miss our free pre-show, T-Minus 10 Minutes, ten minutes before the start of the event. NWATNA officials have learned that The Honky Tonk Man has purchased this block of time for a very special edition of Honky Talk. What shenanigans does he have up his sleeve? Find out Wednesday night!

I'm not a big fan of an all X-Division show since I'm not a big fan of most of the X-Division talent. So far you've portrayed it as just another cruiserweight division, so I'm really hoping we see guys like Siaki and others in this division. Also not a fan of The Rock N Roll Express beating Juvy and Crazy. Just too much nostalgia really. However, on a good note, you did a nice job with Lynn and Amazing Red. Seems Amazing Red is gonna be built as a cocky show stealer which is cool. Overall, nice job still.

I just noticed you added a link to this in your signature, Tristan. Thanks! Hopefully, I can keep this up and live up to that. As for your comments...

It makes sense somebody who didn't like the X-Division wouldn't like an all X show. To be honest, I just wanted to have a show that was "special" while not making the other shows since and to come look "unspecial". It's a tough thing to pull off really, but with weekly PPVs, a necessity.

As for it being a cruiserweight division... yeah. As much as I like TNA, I can't help but roll my eyes when I hear it touted as a non-cruiser division. It pretty much is, has been and likely will be. however, I love that the weight limit door is open so guys like Samoa Joe (& others) can be a part of it.

The RNR win was totally nostalgia driven, but served another purpose. I wanted to nip Dos Locos' undefeated tag in the bud before a streak got too large not to notice. Ricky & Robert served that role well, even if new school fans wouldn't dig it. Rest assured, that match will be measured as a battle... not a war.

Red's become incredibly fun to write and hopefully will become fun to read in the next few shows. Speaking of which... here's the 10 minutes preceeding the next one! Enjoy and thanks for reading!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 17th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: The Ride

By Jimmy Kirk

"Charlotte, North Carolina is the site!" Mike Tenay said, "Get ready for The Ride! Hello, I'm Mike Tenay. Beside me is my broadcast colleague, Don West. Don, what a week it has been." "Mike, last week, we finally got to show fans what we've been talking about all this time," West said, "The X-Division IS total nonstop action!" "Yes, but what about the invasion of our all X-Division showcase by Jeff Jarrett... who promises STING will be here tonight?" Tenay asked. "Mike, I saw Sting earlier. He IS here, but I've got to tell you something," West began, "Jarrett looked WAY too confident last week in Greensboro. Something about it just makes me nervous."

As Tenay and West quickly discussed the rest of the card, The Honky Tonk Man came out to the ring. "My, oh, my," he said, "How sweet this must be. All you people get to watch a full episode of Honky Talk... for free!" "As if anyone would pay for this," West muttered, "You know, I'm just glad we're getting this guy out of the way now before he embarrasses himself further."

"Now, last week, I continued gettin' to know the founding fathers of the X-Division," HTM said, "But tonight, I'm showin' y'all in Charlotte a glimpse into the future. Welcome, my guest... he's the most colorful crayon in the box, The Amazing Red!" Red's music hit and he came out to the ring, smiling smugly. "You know what?" West said, "I don't understand how an ego that big can fit into a person that small. This guy really believes he's the future of wrestling. Now, he's talented, for sure... but the total disrespect he showed to not only Jerry Lynn, but also Rey Misterio Jr. last week, he just strikes me as a guy who doesn't deserve to be part of the great lineage we're building here."

"Red, it's nice to see you again," Honky said, "Now, I've got some questions for you... and they're toughies, so I want you to be open and honest. First off... why the heck did you attack Rey Misterio Jr. last week?" "Mr. Tonk," Red started, "It's simple evolution. Rey's an incredible wrestler, no doubt. He proved it last week. However, there's absolutely no reason why he should be in the main event while I'm simply on the undercard! Rey tried to steal the show from me... so I simply stole it back. Sorry, Rey. It's just survival of the fittest."

"Sorry?!" a voice said, "You're sorry?!" In the entranceway stood Rey Misterio Jr., holding a microphone and looking pretty upset, "Boy, you haven't even begun to be sorry! You want to make a name for yourself at my expense? You want to ascend into the main event? You want to knock me off the top of the food chain? Fine! Tonight's your chance! Bring your best, kid, because I'm going to show you that I've forgotten more about wrestling than you'll ever know!" With that, Rey's music hit and Misterio returned backstage, leaving Red dumbfounded in the center of the ring. "Rey Misterio Jr. versus The Amazing Red tonight?" Tenay said, "This show just keeps getting better!"

"Mike, you've got Jeff Jarrett and Sting, you've got Simon Diamond and Taiyo Kea, you've got the new RoH Champion Low-Ki and Christopher Daniels, you've got NWATNA's newest X-Division star, Brian Kendrick... now, Red versus Rey Misterio Jr?! Mike, this is one Ride you DON'T want to miss!" "Just $9.95 gives you all this action, two hours worth!" Tenay said, "Fans, we're out of time. Please join us for our live pay-per-view broadcast right now! For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay... see you next week in Memphis!"

Nice, can't wait for the next show. But I mainly replied to say that I think you misunderstand me. I did like The RnR Express, but I just feel that they've had their time and this isn't it. Their battles with Cornette and The Midnight Express is the stuff of legends, but if they stick around it ends up making people think different of them. Just an opinion though. Nothing agianst your use of them.

I see. Yeah, it could result in their legacy being tarnished a bit, similar to just about everybody who hung on too long. Morton & Gibson though have an odd status of "legend than can still go" ala Shawn Michaels. I did misinterpret what you said. Thanks for clarifying and thanks to Phenomenal for posting. Enjoy The Ride!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 17th, 2002

Dangerous Details: The Ride

By "Danger" Will Riker

"Thanks so much for joining us for The Ride!" Tenay said as the pay-per-view telecast officially hit the air, "If you missed our preshow, you're in for a treat. Rey Misterio Jr. has challenged The Amazing Red to a match here tonight!" "Mike, that's going to be completely unreal," West chimed in, "Right now, however, we're getting word that NWA Championship Committee member Dory Funk Jr. has a message. Let's take you there live!"

Backstage, Dory Funk Jr. sat behind his desk, which had a bag draped across it. "Good evening," Funk said, "Last week, NWATNA performed a little experiment, of sorts. For one week, we let the X-Division stand on it's own and carry the weight of the entire show. Well, orders, phone calls, e-mails and messages on our website gave us the results. The X-Division isn't a passing fad... it's here to stay! On behalf of the National Wrestling Alliance, it gives me great pleasure to bring you... this." Funk reached in the bag and pulled out a championship belt! He held it up, displaying it to the camera, revealing it had a large red "X" and the words "NWA X-Division Champion" engraved in it.

"This is the official NWA X-Division Championship," Dory said, "It will be awarded to the X-Division superstar who proves himself to be the cream of the crop. Who will it be? We'll all find out together four weeks tonight. August 14th in Orlando, Florida... O-Town becomes X-TOWN! The X-Division will once again be on full display that night, as we will crown the inaugural X-Division champion."

"Wow!" Don West said, "The X-Division is here to stay and that belt proves it! Good call by the championship committee to recognize the hard work and dedication of the X-Division stars." "That's not the only reason to tune in though," Funk said, "This weekend, NWATNA officials were asked to agree to a special X-Travaganza rematch. At O-Town Becomes X-Town, you will see a rematch of last week's main event, Dos Locos versus The Rock 'N' Roll Express! Dos Locos, you got your wish. Fans, thank you for your time and enjoy the rest of the show."

"Fans, in case you missed X-Travaganza, that match was a wild brawl unlike anything we've ever seen in NWATNA," West said, "In fact, it almost got Mike Tenay and I injured! This rematch is going to be one of the most intense things you might ever see." "Yes, but that's not all," Tenay said, "Take a look at this clip from the close of the 20 man Xamination match last week. There you see NWATNA superstar K-Krush climbing up to the top rope and, watch this." "OH!" West exclaimed as Brian Kendrick's death-defying shiranui from the top rope to the floor was shown, "That was killer!"

"The man you just saw was Brian Kendrick, a young graduate of the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy in San Antonio," Tenay said, "With that incredible move, he secured a contract with NWATNA. In just a few moments, you'll see him make his first appearance as a contracted NWATNA star." "Not only that, Mike," West said, "But I've just received a note. It seems that the winner of this match is going to earn a spot in a qualifying match for the new X-Division Title at O-Town Becomes X-Town! We've seen this kid deliver in high pressure situations before. Can he do it tonight?"

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. KID KASH

Kendrick came to the ring, limping and wearing a large bandage across his ribs. "This kid can't possibly be at 100% after that nasty spill he took," Don West said, "He's getting a crash course right now in what it means to be an NWATNA star. You've got to play hurt and give it your all, no matter what." "Don, Kid Kash is no stranger to the inside of a ring, nor the X-Division style," Tenay said, "In ECW, he dazzled the crowd with his high-flying arsenal. To put it simply, he's a dangerous threat to even the healthiest of foes."

At the bell, Brian shocked Kash with a running headscissor takeover. Unfortunately, Kendrick made a costly error by trying to climb the ropes. He left his ribs exposed to a vicious kick by Kash which sent him straight down to the mat, clutching his aching ribs. Kash mercilessly delivered a series of kneedrops to Kendrick, then slipped in a few stiff kicks as Brian tried to get up. Kendrick finally returned to a vertical base, using the ring ropes... but Kash quickly stepped in and wrapped his leg up in the ropes, then began kicking away at it!

"Referee Chuck Berry steps in here, trying to get Kash to obey the rope break rule," Tenay said as the ref pulled Kash off of the hapless Kendrick, "It's been all Kash thus far." Kendrick freed himself from the corner, but Kash immediately drove him right back and continued his assault. Kendrick fired off a few weak punches, more designed to back Kash away than hurt him. Kash quickly responded with a harsh forearm strike to the head, sending Kendrick spilling out of the ring!

"Watch Kash! Watch Kash!" Tenay said as Kash ran towards the ropes, then leapt over the top and came crashing down on Kendrick at ringside! The crowd chanted at Kash's daring move and the Kid was slow getting up. Once he did, he walked around gingerly for a bit, seemingly trying to walk off pain in his leg. "Kid Kash just obliterated Brian Kendrick!" West exclaimed as the camera panned down on the lifeless Kendrick, sprawled out at ringside. As Kash paced around, the crowd at ringside jeered him, causing Kash to react by shouting back at them. "I'm givin' your boy the Moneymaker and breakin' his damn neck!" he shouted.

Kash tossed Kendrick back into the ring, then climbed in himself, breaking the referee's slow but steady ten-count at nine. Kash again signalled for his finisher and pulled Kendrick into position. From his knees, Kendrick made a last ditch attempt... and bit Kash in the crotch! "Did you see that?!" West said as Kash fell to the mat, kicking his legs and howling in pain, "I... I can't believe what we've just seen!"

Kendrick slowly got to his feet as Kash grimaced and stumbled around the ring. Kendrick quickly rushed over, grabbed Kash's head and used the top rope to bounce off of, backflipping towards the center of the ring! "That was the move he used last week!" West exclaimed, "The move that nearly killed him!" "He calls it Sliced Bread #2, Don," Tenay said, "One! Two! Three! He got him! Brian Kendrick's unique offense does it again! He is going to be a part of that hunt for the X-Division Title!"

WINNER: Brian Kendrick via pinfall at 9:43

"I've never seen someone with the kind of will to win this guy has, Mike," West said, "He'll literally put his..." "YO!" a voice said, cutting both West and Kendrick's celebration off, "Hey, white boy!" Out from behind the curtain stepped K-Krush, who limped out into the entranceway. "Listen up, man," Krush said, "Last week, you won an NWATNA contract. Not only that, you won the hearts of these fans. Hell, you even won yourself a permanent spot on NWATNA's highlight reel. About the only thing you didn't win... was the damn match!"

"Let me break it down for you," Krush continued, "You see that guy standing next to you in the zebra suit?" "He's talking about Chuck Berry, one of NWATNA's junior officials," Tenay said. "What did he see?" Krush asked, "I'll tell you. He saw a white man and a black man laid out on the floor! That's all he saw! You really think you won? Think again! You were at the right place, at the right time... and the right color, man. That's all. I'll tell you now like I told you and like I told an entire ring full of skinny crackers just like you... you ain't comin' in MY house! I stood before them all and said none of 'em were comin' into NWATNA. You? You're just the one that got away. You ain't going to get away... next time."

The crowd booed Krush's comments, but he merely sneered at turned to leave. He then paused and turned back towards the ring. "Oh, and before I forget... welcome to NWATNA," he said, then fired an angry glare at Kendrick. "DON'T get comfortable,"he said before throwing down the microphone and stepping back through the curtain. "A stern warning from K-Krush to our newest young star," Tenay said, "Nonetheless, Brian Kendrick is headed to X-Town on August 14th." "Mike, do you think K-Krush is right?" West asked, "I mean, we saw that tape probably fifty times and even we couldn't decide whether or not Krush's feet hit before Kendrick's." "I don't know, Don," Tenay answered, "But the idea of Krush questioning an official's judgment like that is unacceptable. That's a matter to be taken up with the championship committee, not here live on pay-per-view."

"Ladies and gentlemen," Tenay continued, "This past Saturday, Ring of Honor crowned it's first-ever champion during their Crowning Of A Champion card. His name is Low-Ki, a tough-as-nails martial artist from the mean streets of Brooklyn, New York. Tonight, NWATNA proudly presents the RoH Champion in non-title action against the #1 contender to the title, Christopher Daniels. Fans in Boston, Massachusetts can see these two go head-to-head for the title on August 24th as Honor Invades Boston. However, right now, sit back and enjoy a preview of that match."

LOW-KI vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

"Ladies and gentlemen, around Low-Ki's waist you see the richest prize in Ring of Honor, the RoH Title," Tenay said as Ki made his entrance, "What you don't see is the #1 contender's trophy, belonging to his opponent, Christopher Daniels. Rest assured, Daniels is indeed the #1 contender, but this isn't a title match. That will take place next month in Boston at an RoH event." "Mike, we've seen these RoH guys come in and they've been really impressive," Don West said, "Scoot Andrews, Bryan Danielson... perhaps Christopher Daniels has been the best of them all though."

Daniels beat Ki to the punch, firing off a few kicks to Ki's leg moments after the prematch handshake. Daniels tried to hiptoss Ki, but Low-Ki landed on his feet and spun around, kicking Daniels right in the face. Daniels stumbled out of the ring, then hung back at ringside, collecting himself and slowing the pace of the match. Referee Scott Armstrong administered the ten-count, but Daniels broke it at nine before resuming his ringside pacing. "This is clearly just mind games," West said, "Daniels is trying to fluster Low-Ki with this."

Ki stepped through the ropes and began kicking at Daniels... but Daniels grabbed his foot and pulled him down to the floor. He quickly drove Ki's back onto the arena floor with a vicious STO, then tossed him back in and made a cover, which Ki narrowly escaped from. Daniels rocked Ki with a spinning heel kick, then swept him down with a reverse STO, weaving the move seamlessly to the Koji clutch, a unique submission hold popularized by Koji Kanemoto, according to Mike Tenay.

"Daniels is stretching the RoH champion out here!" Tenay said, "Ki's reaching with his free hand and... almost... there! He's got it! Low-Ki reaches the bottom rope and Daniels has to break the hold." Daniels held on for the referee's four count, then broke just before being disqualified. As Ki pulled himself up, Daniels immediately pounced on him, hooking him in a front face lock tightly. After cinching it in for a brief time, Daniels swung Ki's arm over his own head, then hoisted him up and planted him with a suplex.

"Daniels hangs on... another suplex!" Tenay said, "He's going for three... no! Low-Ki blocks it!" As Daniels tried to muscle Ki up, Low-Ki held his ground. He broke Daniels' grip and blasted him with a kick to the knee, causing the knee to buckle awkwardly. "God! Did you see that kick?!" West said, "OW! Another! Oooh, I felt that one!" Ki battered Daniels' legs with vicious kicks... but Daniels stepped in and hooked him back up for the suplex. Ki quickly reversed it, hooked Daniels' leg and hoisted him up. "Look out, Don!" Tenay said, "This is the Ki-Krusher!" As Ki held Daniels up... from behind, Michael Shane whacked him with the trophy he'd stolen from Daniels seven days prior! The prize snapped over Ki's back and Ki quickly dropped Daniels forward, getting rolled into a small package for the pin.

WINNER: Christopher Daniels via pinfall at 15:07

"I don't believe it, Don," Tenay said, "Michael Shane just cost the RoH champion the victory!" "What is with this guy?" West asked, "Is he that obsessed with ruining RoH's exposure on our broadcasts?" low-Ki got up, shaking his head and trying to clear out the cobwebs. He looked down and saw the broken trophy on the mat. Meanwhile, Daniels shouted at Shane as he backed his way up the aisle.

"Don, look at Daniels," Tenay said, "He seems upset. I really don't think he knew what Shane was going to do." Just then... Ki grabbed Daniels from behind and began choking him out! NWATNA officials rushed out, breezing past Shane who looked on gleefully and headed to the ring to pull the rabid champion off of Daniels. "Look at the look on Shane's face," Tenay said, "He's enjoying this! Michael Shane wants to erase the honor from Ring of Honor... and it looks like he's accomplishing that goal!"

Ki and Daniels were separated and Ki hurried out in a huff while Daniels was carted to the back by a pair of referees. "Fans, we're ready for..." Tenay began, then was cut off when Jeff Jarrett's music hit! "Listen up!" Jarrett said, "I know that our scheduled main event, 'the chosen one' versus the painted freak, is coming up in a little bit, but I figured... why wait? Sting! Get your ass out here now so these fans can see you... for the last time!"

"It's Jarrett and Sting and it's up now!" Tenay said, "How's that for a change in format?" "Mike, Jarrett's confidence is making me nervous," West said, "Five weeks ago, Jarrett was shivering in his boots when Sting showed up. Now, he's calling him out? Jarrett has a plan, Mike." "Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but Jarrett arrived here tonight alone," Tenay said, "It certainly seems he's set on facing Sting one-on-one."

"Sting! I'm giving you to the count of ten to get out here!" Jarrett said, "One! Two! Three! Fo... OH!" "Jerry Lynn!" Tenay shouted as Lynn dove into the ring from the crowd and began wailing away on Jarrett, "Jerry Lynn has hit the ring!" Lynn dropped Jarrett with a punch, then clawed at him as Jarrett rolled out of the ring. Jarrett let out a sigh of relief... then Lynn dove over the top rope and flattened Jarrett on the floor! "Mike, Jarrett attacked Lynn last week when he invaded the X-Division showcase," West said, "Now Jerry's getting revenge!"

"Jarrett's hightailing it out of here," Tenay said as Jarrett jumped the guard rail and began wading through the crowd, looking for the nearest exit. "Yeah," West said, "And Lynn is right behind him!" Lynn caught up with Jarrett and continued beating on him as he scrambled up into the stands and out of the arena. "Look!" Tenay shouted, "In the entranceway! It's Sting!" "Yeah, but his opponent is headed out of here," West said.

Sting turned and walked back through the curtain. "Where's he going?" West said, "He's got a match!" "Not right now he doesn't," Tenay said, "We're getting word for our production team that Jerry Lynn and Jeff Jarrett are making their way to the parking lot! Tommy, can we get a camera out there? We apologize for this, fans, but after last week, we assumed Jerry Lynn wouldn't be here tonight. We're just as surprised as you at home."

As per Tenay's request, a cameraman scrambled to the parking lot, where Lynn was still pummeling Jarrett. "Look at this assault!" Tenay said, "Lynn has just snapped!" "Think about it, Mike," West said, "Jarrett has been a thorn in Jerry's side since he came to NWATNA. Tonight, Lynn's plucking that thorn out!" Lynn pulled the bloodied Jarrett up and set him up for a piledriver onto the concrete! Just then, a car pulled up and out jumped The Harris Twins, who quickly stopped Lynn for surely ending Jarrett's career. "In the car, boys!" Jarrett shouted as The Harrises and Lynn began scuffling, "Get in the car!" Jarrett jumped in the backseat and the twins climbed in after him. Lynn quickly grabbed a pipe from the ground and smashed out the back window as the car sped off, sending shards of glass raining down over the brutalized Jeff Jarrett.

"Jarrett just drove off!" Tenay said, "What does this mean for our main event?" "He's not coming back," West said, "Certainly not with Sting here waiting for him. If that's what Jerry Lynn is capable of doing to him, imagine what Sting would do!" Tenay and West apologized for the unforseeable events, then assured fans that there was still plenty of action left to come before The Ride went off the air.

SIMON DIAMOND vs. TAIYO KEA

"Fans, this is 'The Hawaiian Hellraiser' Taiyo Kea's NWATNA debut, but he's no stranger to the inside of a wrestling ring," Tenay said, "He and Satoshi Kojima formed a very successful team in Japan. Given Kojima's recent problems with The Extreme Horsemen, expect this one to be a bit personal." Kea and Simon didn't disappoint, immediately engaging in a vicious exchange of chops, easily won by Kea. Kea clocked Diamond with a few hard forearms, then lifted him up, looking for the Hawaiian Crush! Simon quickly evaded the move, courtesy of a few elbows to the head.

Kea whipped Simon to the corner, but caught a boot to the face as he charged in after. Simon hit a suplex, then another, then converted to a northern lights suplex and bridged into a two-count, completing his patented Simon Series. Simon moved in to capitalize, but walked into Kea's version of Kojima's Koji Cutter! Kea made a cover, but Simon surprisingly kicked out at two. "Uh oh," Tenay said as he saw Steve Corino come down the title, "Here comes trouble."

Kea unloaded a series of punches on Simon, knocking him silly, then picked up back up for another chance at the Hawaiian Crush. Just then... Corino jumped onto the apron, holding a chair! As the referee grabbed it from him and ordered him to get down... C.W. Anderson entered the ring from behind! "Look at this," Tenay said, "The Extreme Horsemen are again using the numbers game to their advantage."

Anderson shoved Kea from behind, causing him to drop Simon and turn towards his attacker. C.W. quickly scooped Taiyo up in a spinebuster, then held him as Simon dropped him with a flying clothesline! Corino released his grip on the chair and jumped off the apron while Simon covered his hapless foe. The ref turned and counted the pin then called for the bell. "This is just wrong," West said as Anderson and Corino climbed in the ring, then began stomping away at Kea, "These guys are just taking over!"

WINNER: Simon Diamond via pinfall at 11:39

Corino hit the Old School Expulsion on Kea, then left the ring and retrieved a chair and a microphone. Simon lifted Kea up and hit the Simonizer, then Corino set up the chair on Kea's chest and sat down. "You've seen the devastation one man can do," Corino said, "You've seen the devastation two men can do. Now, you've seen the devastation three men can do. Get ready to see..."

Just then... a man hurried out the ring, swinging a bullrope! After twirling the rope over the ducking heads of The Extreme Horsemen, they rushed out of the ring and ran for safety. "My God, Don!" Tenay said, "That's Tully Blanchard, a member of the original Four Horsemen! Ric Flair, Arn and Ole Anderson and this man terrorized the NWA for years!" As The Extreme Horsemen backed up the aisle, Tully picked up the mike that Corino had dropped.

"Do you know where the hell you are?!" he shouted, "This is Flair country!" The Charlotte crowd whooed and cheered, then began chanting "Tully! Tully!" as Blanchard spoke. "You sons of bitches want to come to NWATNA and make a name for yourselves at the expense of the Horsemen? You losers don't even know the first thing about being a Horseman! Just because Ric and Arn are up north and can't come into NWATNA and piss on our legacy! I told them about you guys have been doing and saying. You know what they said? They said 'give 'em hell, Tully' and that's exactly what I intend to do! You want to be Horsemen? Well, I'm here to make you fight like Horsemen! I'm here to show you and the world what this is all about!" With that, Tully held up four fingers, the long-time symbol for the Horsemen.

"Tully Blanchard has arrived in NWATNA with a message for Corino and company," Tenay said, "The legacy of The Horsemen is being threatened." "Mike, no offense to the Horsemen, but they invented stuff like what we saw tonight," West said, "The Extreme Horsemen, as much as I don't like it, they ARE upholding the Horsemen legacy." Corino, Anderson and Diamond made their exit, looking quite upset that Blanchard had called them on their tactics.

"Fans, our original main event, Jeff Jarrett versus Sting, is not going to take place," Tenay said, "However, thanks to the special episode of Honky Talk during our preshow, we have a new main event lined up. It'll be Rey Misterio Jr. versus The Amazing Red." "Last week," West said, "Red attacked Rey after his match with TAKA Michinoku. Red says that he deserves to be in the main event. Tonight, he will be... against a man he says whose time at the top of the X-Division is over." "Speaking of the X-Division," Tenay added, "I've just learned that the winner will receive one of those coveted eight spots at O-Town Becomes X-Town to decide the first-ever NWA X-Division Champion!"

THE AMAZING RED vs. REY MISTERIO JR.

Red struck first, scoring with a big dropkick, but his arrogance got the best of him. He attempted the Red Star Press much too early and caught Rey's knees right in his abdomen! Misterio quickly hit a drop toe hold, catching Red thrat-first on the middle rope. From there, he ran at the ropes and slung his body through them, twirling around and kicking Red in the face! The force sent Red staggering backwards into the referee, wiping both men out!

Rey moved to the ring apron and waited for Red to get to his feet, then leapt off and caught him with a springboard huracanrana. "Rey's got the pin," Tenay exclaimed, "But there's no referee to count!" "He's got him for more than three here," West said, "We're up to twenty at this point." Rey released Red from the pin attempt and tried to awaken Mickey Jay, who had been knocked completely out. As Misterio tended to the ref, from behind, Red took out his knee with a devastating dropkick!

"Red has just taken Rey's mobility away," Tenay said, "Eliminating Rey's speed and quickness reduces him to virtually nothing." Red continued to work on Rey's leg, applying various submission holds, but with the absence of a conscious referee, Rey was never asked if he gave up. Red propped Rey in the corner and unleashed a vicious kick combination, then slung Rey down with a springboard armdrag.

Red climbed the ropes and waited for Rey to get up, then launched into Rey's trademark springboard huracanrana. Just then... referee mark Johnson hit the ring and began the count! "One! Two! NO!" West said, "Rey kicked out!" Red slipped behind Rey and lifted him up for a back suplex, but Rey countered in mid-air and drove Red face-first into the mat with a bulldog!

As the referee checked on Red, Rey moved to the apron and set up a springboard legdrop. He pounced to the top... then suddenly TAKA Michinoku tripped him up! "What in the world?!" Tenay cried out, "TAKA's out here, assaulting Misterio behind the referee's back! NO! God, no! Don't do it, TAKA! DON'T!" Tenay screamed as TAKA scooped Rey up and destroyed him with a suplex off the ring apron to the arena floor! "My God!" Tenay said, "TAKA just destroyed Rey!"

TAKA tossed Rey back in beneath the bottom rope as Red slowly got to his feet. From there, it took little more than a cover to finish Rey off, but Red delivered the Red Star Press simply to add insult to injury. "Red is moving on to join Brian Kendrick as one of the eight participants that will vie for the X-Division Title on August 14th," Tenay said, "But it's a damn shame how it came to be."

WINNER: The Amazing Red via pinfall at 14:50

Red climbed the ropes, celebrating his victory when suddenly... TAKA entered the ring and shoved him out! He then continued his attack on Misterio with some stomps, then signalled for the Michinoku driver! "Not so fast!" a voice said. Dory Funk Jr. emerged from backstage, clutching a piece of paper in his hands. "You stop this instant!" Funk commanded as he walked down to the ring.

Surprisingly, TAKA stopped, allowing the referee to pull Rey from the ring and assist him to the back. "You know what this is, don't you?" Funk asked, referring to the paper, "This is your temporary citizenship allowing you to stay here in the United States and work for NWATNA. I told you after the stunt you pulled two weeks ago that if you kept causing trouble, I'd tear this up and ship you back to Japan!"

TAKA dropped to his knees, begging Funk not to make good on his threat. "I warned you, Michinoku," Funk said, "But you just didn't listen. It's over for you here!" Funk held the paper up and prepared to rip it apart. He looked up... then paused. "On second thought," he said, "I think I'll give you a second chance." TAKA smiled and bowed to Funk, then reached up and tried to take the paper from him. "Whoa!" Funk said as he jerked it away, "Not so fast there."

"You've given me plenty of reasons to rip this up," Funk said, "But more importantly, you've given Rey Misterio Jr. plenty of reasons to tear this up. The next time you see this... it's going to be hanging from the ceiling of the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis! TAKA, you are going to go one-on-one with Rey Misterio Jr. in a ladder match next week! If you reach this, you can use it to stay here in America and be a part of our X-Division. However... if Rey reaches it, it's his call. He can either hand it over... or rip it up!"

"Whoa!" West said, "A ladder match, next week in Memphis!" "Don, Mid-South Mania from Memphis, Tennessee is going to be incredible! Fans, don't miss it next week! NWATNA's first ladder match... with TAKA Michinoku's work visa on the line! For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay saying good night from Charlotte!"

The Ride:

Honky Talk features The Amazing Red and Rey Misterio Jr.

- Overall Rating: 67%

- The Amazing Red gained overness from this segment.

Dory Funk Jr. runs down the card for O-Town Becomes X-Town.

- Overall Rating: 59%

Brian Kendrick defeats Kid Kash.

- Crowd Reaction: 55%

- Match Quality: 100%

K-Krush "welcomes" Brian Kendrick to NWATNA.

- Overall Rating: 82%

Christopher Daniels defeats Low-Ki.

- Overall Rating: 79%

- Crowd Reaction: 59%

Jerry Lynn chases Jeff Jarrett from the building.

- Overall Rating: 74%

Simon Diamond defeats Taiyo Kea.

- Overall Rating: 76%

- Crowd Reaction: 53%

- Tully Blanchard debuted his new "mentor" gimmick, it got a negative response.

Tully Blanchard cuts a promo on The Extreme Horsemen.

- Overall Rating: 52%

- Tully Blanchard gained overness from this segment.

The Amazing Red defeats Rey Misterio Jr.

- Overall Rating: 84%

- Crowd Reaction: 69%

- The Amazing Red gained overness from this match.

Overall Rating: 74%

- Buyrate: 0.16

- Attendance: 2,761

NWATNA.com

Thursday, July 18th, 2002

Next: Mid-South Mania

By Katy-Jayne Myers

This Wednesday night, NWATNA returns to Tennessee from Mid-South Mania. The last time we visited Tennessee was an incredible show and even more is expected for our trip to the home of "The King"!

NWATNA.com received official word from Jeff Jarrett that he will be at Mid-South Mania to take on Sting in a do-over from the match that didn't occur last night. Jarrett has said the injuries he sustained, courtesy of Jerry Lynn, may affect his performance, but he still promises to spoil Sting's NWATNA wrestling debut! The NWA Championship Committee has officially confirmed that this match will indeed occur and they will do everything in their power to preserve it. Fans, you are NOT going to want to miss Sting's return to the ring!

We learned at the end of The Ride that Rey Misterio Jr. will face TAKA Michinoku in a ladder match with TAKA's work visa hanging in the balance. This may be Michinoku's final NWATNA appearance if he doesn't win. If he does, the NWA Championship Committee will have no leverage over him. This will be a crucial chapter in the feud between these X-Division icons!

Coming to Memphis, The Honky Tonk Man has promised a fabulous guest will join him on Honky Talk. He promises a huge surprise that will "transform Honky Talk into must-see TV".

The Extreme Horsemen came face-to-face with one of their namesakes as Tully Blanchard spoiled the introduction of the mysterious fourth member. Steve Corino, C.W. Anderson and Simon Diamond will all be on hand in Memphis. Will they be bringing a guest?

This action-packed show is just $9.95 to see live on pay-per-view. Wrestling returns to the Mid-South Coliseum and only NWATNA is bringing it. Don't miss out on your chance to be a part of it!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 24th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: Mid-South Mania

By Jimmy Kirk

"Memphis is alive with NWATNA action!" Mike Tenay exclaimed at the start of the preshow, "Wrestling has returned to the Mid-South Coliseum and only NWATNA is bringing it! Hello, I'm Mike Tenay, along with Don West and we have an incredible card set up for you tonight!" "Mike, tonight... it's finally going to happen!" West said, "Since NWATNA's debut, it's been building up and tonight... STING is going to finally get his hands on Jeff Jarrett!"

"Yes," Tenay said, "Both Jarrett and Sting are in attendance tonight and the NWA Championship Committee has officially sanctioned it. Sting versus Jarrett, tonight in Memphis!" Tenay and West briefly discussed the growing rivalry between the two before moving on to the rest of the jam-packed card. "Tonight," Tenay said, "Not only are two former WCW World Champions going head-to-head... but NWATNA will introduce for the first time... the ladder match!"

"It all started three weeks ago, when TAKA Michinoku took his match with Rey Misterio Jr. from a simple one-on-one encounter to a blood feud," West said as footage of Michinoku's July 3rd attack during Honky Talk was shown. "Misterio picked up the victory at X-Travaganza," he continued as the footage continued to follow his comments, "And he thought he had laid it to rest. Last week, however, TAKA proved that the grudge wasn't over when he jumped Rey during his match with The Amazing Red! Red picked up the victory, but Dory Funk Jr. announced that tonight the documents keeping TAKA in the United States would be on the line! Rey has a chance to end this thing once and for all!"

"There you see it," Tenay said as a shot of the dangling document was shown, "Hanging high above the ring. If TAKA Michinoku reaches that, the championship committee will be unable to touch him. If Rey reaches it, he can send Michinoku back to Japan... for good!" "If those stakes weren't high enough," West said, "This match is for one of those coveted spots in the X-Division title chase on August 14th. Rey had a chance last week to earn one, but TAKA cost him. Tonight will be both men's last opportunity. Just $9.95 gets you the action!"

"We've got to run," Tenay said, "But order this show and stay tuned, because this action is worth every penny. Next week, Don and I will be calling all the action from Atlanta. Don't miss it and don't miss Mid-South Mania!" With a good four minutes remaining in the preshow, West and Tenay left and headed over towards the broadcast booth, settling in and preparing for the next two hours.

The shot cut to backstage where Michael Shane was spotted lacing up his boots. Suddenly... in walked Christopher Daniels! "What the hell is your problem?!" he shouted, "Last week, you interfered in my match with the RoH Champion! I never asked you to do that, you son of a..." "Hold on," Shane interrupted, "Listen. I couldn't care less what you asked or don't ask, Chris. What I did last week, it had nothing to do with you. If Ring of Honor wants to send their champion here to NWATNA... fine. I'm just going to have to expose him and that entire organization for the fraud they are!"

"I'm going to tell you this once and only once," Daniels said, "You stay away from me... and you stay out of my matches." Shane laughed. "You know, Chris... I don't get you," he said, "I mean, you're not a terrible wrestler. You're no Michael Shane, but you're not THAT bad. I don't get why you care so much about that pointless RoH Title. Now, I know you're going to give me some 'it's about honor' crap, but frankly... I don't care. RoH wanted me to go away... and I did. All I want is them to return the favor."

"Chris, there's going to come a point where you're going to need to make a choice," Shane said as he opened the door and prepared to walk out, "Make the right one. Now, if you'll excuse me... I've got a match, in which I can earn a chance to fight for the X-Division Title. You know... a real title. I'll see you later." With that, Shane walked out, leaving Daniels behind. Daniels smiled and chuckled as he watched the door close behind Shane. "You bet you will," he quietly remarked.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 24th, 2002

Dangerous Details: Mid-South Mania

By "Danger" Will Riker

The show opened with a shot of the crowd, one of whom held up a sign reading "Honky Fears Elvis". Michael Shane's music hit as Tenay and West welcomed the audience to the show and thanked them for being a part of it. "We're kicking off this great card with X-Division action!" Tenay said, "Last week, we saw Brian Kendrick earn a chance to compete for the X-Division Title on August 14th. His opponent... will be the winner of this match!"

"Mike, Kendrick has been nothing but impressive since joining NWATNA," West said, "Shane, however, he seems hell-bent on destroying our relationship with Ring of Honor. It just goes to show you how some of these X-Division stars can thrive under that pressure, while others simply buckle beneath it." Shane taunted the fans as he climbed into the ring, then grinned smugly as he waited for his opponent to make his entrance. His demeanor quickly shifted to stunned horror as he heard the music of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels hit!

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. MICHAEL SHANE

"Wow!" West said, "After what we've seen the past few weeks between these two, this is sure to be an intense encounter!" "Shane has been a thorn in Daniels' side since his NWATNA debut," Tenay said, "It seems after last week, Daniels petitioned the championship committee for a one-on-one match with Shane and it was most certainly granted! No outside interference here, Michael Shane. It's time for you to fight your battle with Ring of Honor toe-to-toe!"

Shane stepped forward, offering Daniels his hand, but Daniels slapped it away and immediately went to work on Shane. Daniels dropkicked Shane into the ropes, then whipped him across the ring and floored him with a spinning heel kick. As Shane struggled to get up, Daniels hit a running enzuigiri on him, putting him right back on the mat. He made a cover, but Shane kicked out. Daniels cinched in a reverse chin lock and drove his knee deep between Shane's shoulderblades, causing him to cry out in pain.

Daniels released the hold and gave Shane a few quick stomps to the face, then pulled him up and swept him down with an STO. He walked to the corner, then performed a breathtaking double-jump moonsault, crashing down on Shane! "He calls that the Best Moonsault Ever!" Tenay said, "Cover! Hook of the leg! One! Two! NO! Shane just barely got the shoulder up before three!" "It doesn't get much closer than that, Mike," West added.

Shane got to his feet and threw a few punches, getting Daniels to back away... then exploded out of the corner with a superkick! As Daniels staggered back into the opposite corner, Shane dropped to a knee in fatigue, or so it may have seemed. "What's he doing?" Tenay asked as Shane reached inside his boot, then pulled out an object, "Oh, no! It's a chain! Shane's got it wrapped around his fist!"

As Daniels got up, Shane advanced out of the corner and swung... but Daniels blocked it! Daniels hit a boot to Shane's gut, then hooked him in a front face lock. As he reached through and turned Shane around, positioning him for Last Rites... Shane clocked him in the side of the head with his chain-covered fist! "No!" Tenay shouted as Daniels collapsed to the mat in a heap, "Not like this! One... two... dammit! Michael Shane just stole the match!"

WINNER: Michael Shane via pinfall at 13:51

"Fans, we... hold on a second," Tenay said, "I'm being told there's... there's something going on in the parking lot outside! Tommy, do we have a camera back there?" The shot cut to the parking lot where Jerry Lynn was seen walking towards the arena, clutching a tire iron! "Whoa, whoa!" Dory Funk Jr. shouted as he rushed out to meet him, "Stop right there, Jerry!"

"Jerry," Funk continued, "By the power vested in me by the NWA Championship Committee, I'm barring you from the building tonight. Last week, you cost this show it's main event with your actions. I won't have it happening again." "Dory," Jerry said, "You can suspend me if you want. You can fire me. Hell, you can even shoot me. The bottom line is... I'm walking in there to finish what I started last week!"

"Hold on!" Dory shouted as he physically restrained Lynn from moving forward, "Look, I understand. I really do. Jarrett's not my favorite person either." "Not your favorite person?" Lynn said, "He's a cancer! This isn't going to stop until somebody takes him out for good, Dory!" "Jerry, stop!" Dory said, "Look, I understand you want him out of here. I do too. The bottom line is tonight, NWATNA is giving Sting his chance to get rid of him. Believe me, Jerry. Jarrett's not in for a good night." "With all due to respect to Sting," Lynn said, "I don't care."

"Wait!" Dory said, "How about this? Next week, in Atlanta, you get Jarrett in a match. You can do whatever you like to him then." "It's not good enough, Dory," Lynn said, "I had him last week... and he got away. The bastard got away! You or anyone on the committee can't guarantee me he won't get away again." "Fine," Dory said, "Next week, in Atlanta, you face Jarrett... within the confines of a steel cage!"

"Steel cage match?" Lynn said, thinking it over. "He won't be able to get away," Dory said, "It'll be you, him and fifteen feet of steel." "All right," Lynn said, "Set it up." Lynn then continued his march towards the entrance of the Mid-South Coliseum. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Funk said, "This is a deal here, Jerry. You get Jarrett next week in a steel cage... but this week, you leave him alone. I'm serious. You lay a hand on Jarrett, our deal's off."

"A hand?" Jerry said, looking at the weapon in his hand, "I can live with that." "I mean it, Jerry!" Dory said, "If you attack Jarrett in any way, shape or form tonight, you won't get that match next week. You won't get a match any week. I'll fire you. I don't want to do it, Jerry... but I can't have what happened last week happen again." Jerry, upset his plan had been foiled, threw him the tire iron in disgust. "Fine," he grumbled. "It's Sting's night, not yours," Dory said, "Whatever's left of Jarrett after Sting takes him out... it's all yours next week."

Elsewhere backstage, Brian Kendrick and Bryan Danielson stood near a monitor, watching the show. "Can you believe that?" Danielson said, "Michael Shane... ugh! That guy just makes me so angry!" "Don't worry about him," Kendrick said, "You've got bigger things to worry about... like your match next week. If you win, you'll be one of the eight wrestlers fighting for the gold at O-Town Becomes X-Town." "Like you are," Danielson said.

"Heck, I'm the one who has to worry about Shane," Kendrick said, "In order to make it into that title match, I've got to beat him in three weeks." "You will," Danielson said, "Just watch out for that chain." The two shared a laugh, then Danielson walked away, leaving Kendrick behind. Kendrick sat down on a nearby chair and slipped on a pair of headphones. Just then... K-Krush burst through a door and attacked him!

Krush shoved Kendrick out of the chair and onto the floor, then began battering him with the chair! As Kendrick lay motionless, K-Krush raised the chair and shouted "I ain't just takin' you out of NWATNA... I'm takin' you out of wrestling, bitch!" As Krush prepared to delivered the final skull-crushing blow... Bryan Danielson returned and nailed him from behind! Krush quickly threw down the chair and hurried away as Danielson knelt over his injured friend. "Help!" he shouted, "Somebody get me some help!"

"Things are completely chaotic backstage at the Mid-South Coliseum!" Mike Tenay said as the focus returned to the broadcast booth, "Jerry Lynn... K-Krush... it might be wilder back there than it's been out here." "If that's true," West said as Jeff Jarrett's music hit, "It won't be for long!" Jarrett came out and walked down to the ring, holding a microphone. "So," he said, "Now, I've got to face Jerry Lynn in a cage match next week. I guess everyone just wants a piece of 'the chosen one', huh? Well, Sting... since it's your night, I say... get your ass out here and let's do this now!"

JEFF JARRETT vs. STING

The lights in the arena went out and a spotlight shone on the entranceway. The sounds of thunder and soft, somber music filled the Mid-South Coliseum as Sting stepped through the curtain, then held up his trusty baseball bat and pointed it at Jarrett as he made his long, slow walk to the ring. Once there, the lights came back up and the bell sounded. Jarrett hung back as Sting set his bat down, then slowly circled the ring. "Don, this is somewhat surreal to see," Tenay said, "Sting in an NWATNA ring for his first official match."

Jarrett and Sting locked up... then Jarrett shoved Sting down to the mat! As Sting backed away into the corner, Jarrett flexed his muscles before him. "What in the world?" West said, "I know Sting's been away from the ring for a long time, but... was he just overpowered there?" Jarrett and Sting locked up once more and Jarrett latched on a headlock, then took Sting down and held him on the mat, smiling arrogantly. Sting fired a few punches at Jarrett's kidneys, then worked his way to a vertical base. He shoved Jarrett off into the ropes... but Jarrett bounced off and dropped him with a clothesline.

"Don, something's not right here," Tenay said, barely audible over the crowd booing, "This is just... ugh." Tenay trailed off as Sting began coming back, firing off punches at Jarrett's head. He positioned Jarrett for a gorilla press slam, then tried to hoist him... but couldn't. Sting collapsed to the mat and began screaming, clutching at his back. Jarrett stopped for a moment to laugh, then drove his knee into Sting's head.

Jarrett pulled Sting up and tried for a backslide, but Sting kicked out, then stood straight up, seeming to have gotten a second wind. He delivered a few punches to Jarrett, then quickly snatched him up for a reverse DDT. As Sting prepared to drop Jarrett... he suddenly collapsed, again clutching his lower back. Jarrett quickly pulled him up, delivered the Stroke, then casually placed one foot on his chest as the referee registered the fall.

WINNER: Jeff Jarrett via pinfall at 8:04

"What the hell was that?" West asked as Jarrett moved into his celebration strut, "You've got to be kidding me." Jarrett held up his classic double peace sign... then suddenly darted from the ring as Jerry Lynn hopped the guard rail and jumped inside! Jarrett rushed up the aisle to the entranceway as Lynn stood in the ring, challenging him to come inside. "Don't do it, Jerry!" Tenay cried out, "Don't throw away your cage match!"

Lynn stepped through the ropes towards Jarrett, then turned and climbed back in, focusing on Sting who was slowly coming to. He pulled Sting up... then grabbed him by the hair! To his surprise... it came off in his hand, revealing a long blonde mane underneath! "What in the world" West said, "That's not Sting at all!" Lynn swiftly clocked the impostor and used the wig to wipe away the face paint, uncovering his face for the crowd!

"Barry Windham?!" Tenay exclaimed, "Why the hell is Barry Windham dressed up like Sting?" "Oh, you've got to believe Jarrett set this up," West said, "What a hoax. Jarrett's trying to destroy the legacy of Sting with stunts like this." Lynn stood in shock, seeing the face of Windham... but recovered in time to duck Windham's attempted lariat! Lynn quickly kicked Barry in the stomach, then dropped him with a crushing cradle piledriver! "Look out, Jeff Jarrett!" Tenay said as Jarrett ducked behind the curtain, "Next week, there will be no way out for you!"

Tenay and West discussed the ladder match as the ring was cleared, but were both again surprised when The Honky Tonk Man's music hit! "What? I was told that he didn't purchase any time this week," Tenay said. "Come on, Mike," West told him, "It's memphis. Did you really think he wasn't going to show up?" "Lordy, lordy, it's good to be home!" Honky said to the Memphis crowd, "And my extra-special guest tonight is no stranger to you fans here in Memphis. Please welcome... 'Fabulous' Jackie Fargo!"

Jackie Fargo came out, receiving a great ovation from the hometown crowd. Mike Tenay remarked of Fargo's historic run in the 1960's and '70's in Memphis, as well as mentioned Fargo trained the only man to ever outdraw him at the Mid-South Coliseum, Jerry Lawler. "Welcome to Honky Talk, Jackie!" Honky said, greeting his guest warmly. "Thank you so much for having me," Fargo said, "For a long time, I've wanted to stand in a ring before a Memphis crowd and thank these people for all the great memories we've shared together. Thank you all so very much for being TRUE fans of this great sport!"

The crowd exploded in self-congratulatory applause while HTM chuckled and waited for them to calm down. "Memories?" he said, "You come out here and talk about memories? Let me ask this crowd something. Do you people even know who this man is? Of course not! Maybe there's some old, fat guy in the nosebleed section, too poor to afford good seats who does. Maybe there's some dried-up, wrinkly old rat who does. The NWATNA fans, they don't give a damn about Jackie Fargo. They never have, they never will... and they never should."

"Hey," a miffed Fargo said, "I don't care if these people have forgotten me. They haven't forgotten wrestling. They're here, continuing to be the lifeblood of this industry. Them buying their tickets and coming to see this show is the reason that I, you and everyone else who has ever done this has been able to. Now, maybe to you, that doesn't mean much... but if you ask me, these people deserve a bit more respect from you. If you ask me, even a washed-up has-been like me deserves a bit more respect too."

"Has-been?" HTM said, "No, sir! I don't see you as a has-been at all. Why, a has-been I could actually be proud to have on my show. No, you sir... you're a never-was!" The crowd booed Honky as he berated the hometown hero. "I can take that," Fargo said, "I realize my name probably won't go down in history on the same page as Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair or Andre The Giant... but I am proud that when the time came for me to step aside and allow the new, young talent a chance to make it, I did so gracefully. Perhaps... well, perhaps you could learn a lesson or two from that!"

The crowd cheered as Fargo verbally trounced HTM... but immediately turned over to booing as Honky slapped Fargo in the face! Honky drove his knee into Fargo's gut, then shoved him down and began stomping away on him. He tossed down his microphone, ripped off his jacket and shouted to the timekeeper "Give me a bell!" "What?! An impromptu match between The Honky Tonk Man and 'Fabulous' Jackie Fargo?" Tenay said, "How despicable is this clown?"

JACKIE FARGO vs. THE HONKY TONK MAN

Referee Mark Johnson slid into the ring as Honky dropped Fargo with his Shake, Rattle & Roll neckbreaker. He made a cover... then pulled Fargo up before the ref could hit three. HTM pounded away on Fargo's forehead with right hands, then faked a few pin attempts, only to repeatedly pull Fargo up before three. "Somebody stop this!" West said, "This man is in his sixties! He doesn't deserve this!"

HTM hit a scoop slam, then stomped Fargo as he slowly got up. He delivered another scoop slam, then a third before hooking in a reverse chin lock. Fargo slowly got to his feet while HTM held on, converting the hold into a side headlock. Fargo backed against the ropes and shoved HTM off, sending him across the ring. As he bounced off and came back... Fargo threw a kick, catching Honky right in his crotch! "He won't be singing love me tender tonight!" West quipped. "Don't be cruel, Don," Tenay said, "Fargo bounces off the ropes... there's the kneedrop! Cover! He got him!"

WINNER: Jackie Fargo via pinfall at 6:30

"What a win for the hometown legend, 'Fabulous' Jackie Fargo!" Tenay said. "Look at Honky," West said, "He's hunka-hunka-burnin' MAD!" HTM rolled out of the ring and limped away, leaving Fargo to celebrate in the heart of Memphis, a place his heart had never strayed too far from. As the crowd chanted "Fargo! Fargo!", Jackie saluted the fans as the shot slowly faded to a scene backstage.

"I... I don't believe this," Steve Corino said as he sat in astonidhment. C.W. Anderson and former ECW and WCW wrestler Johnny Swinger stood nearby. "NWATNA fired Simon," Corino said, "Those sons of bitches." "It's a conspiracy, I tells ya," Swinger said, "Anyway, Simon wanted me to tell you right away." "Yeah, thanks, man," C.W. said as he patted Swinger on the shoulder. "You know," Swinger added, "If youse guys needs a hand or somethin', just let me know." "Will do, Johnny," Corino said, "Thanks again."

With that, Swinger walked out, leaving The Extreme Horsemen alone. "This sucks," C.W. said, "'NWATNA won't tolerate stuff like this'... what kind of crap is that?" "It'll work out, C.W.," Corino said, "Relax. Simon's going to take this fight to a higher level where he's going. Just you wait. For now, we're okay."

"Okay?" C.W. said, "I saw your petition to the NWA Championship Committee, boss. A three-on-three War Games match, The Extreme Horsemen against Tully Blanchard, Satoshi Kojima and Taiyo Kea. We're not okay, boss." Corino chuckled. "Looks like four just became three," Corino said, "Given what's happened, I think it's time we unleashed our secret weapon."

Corino turned towards the camera. "Tully Blanchard," he said, holding up four fingers, "Last week, you said you were going to show us what this meant. Next week, you'll get your chance. You, Kojima and Kea versus me, C.W. and our secret weapon... in War Games. Get ready, Blanchard, because The Extreme Horsemen have a lesson of our own to teach you."

"What a show Revelations is shaping up to be!" Don West said from the broadcast booth, "Already we know that two more of those X-Division Title opportunities will be given out. Plus, Jerry Lynn takes on Jeff Jarrett inside a steel cage! Now, The Extreme Horsemen are going to take on Tully Blanchard in War Games? Oh, man! Atlanta is going to be HOT with action!"

"Don, NWATNA officials sent Simon Diamond of The Extreme Horsemen packing after what occurred last week," Tenay said, "A lot of people are saying that Tully Blanchard had a lot to do with that decision. Blanchard doesn't want Corino destroying the legacy of the Horsemen. If that's the case, Blanchard and his army are already at a big advantage going into next week." "Yeah, but don't forget," West added, "Corino and Anderson have this mysterious fourth, or I guess it would now be third, ally. That could be the great equalizer in all of this!"

LADDER MATCH

REY MISTERIO JR. vs. TAKA MICHINOKU

"For TAKA Michinoku, the stakes are extremely high in this match," Tenay said, "If that document hanging above us is destroyed, TAKA's status as a temporary American citizen will be revoked and he will likely be deported back to Japan. The only way he can ensure it stays in one piece is to beat Rey up that ladder and get to it!"

TAKA, desperate to win the match, set up and began climbing the ladder while Rey was still making his entrance! Misterio hurried to the ring and toppled the ladder, knocking TAKA off. TAKA quickly picked up the ladder and smashed Rey with it, knocking him over the top rope to the floor! TAKA hit the ladder with a baseball slide, knocking it into Rey as he tried to crawl back into the ring. Then, TAKA took the ultimate chance, splashing down on Rey with an incredible plancha!

"That was awesome!" West remarked during the instant replays, "Michinoku's not holding anything back!" "Obviously not, as we turn our attention back to live action," Tenay said, "TAKA's looking to hit the Michinoku Driver on the ring steps!" TAKA lifted Rey up, but Misterio slipped out of his grip, then grabbed the ringpost and slung his body around it, kicking Michinoku off the steps and face-first into the guard rail!

Rey smashed TAKA's head into the rail, then pitched the ladder back into the ring. He threw a few punches at TAKA, then took a hard chop to the chest before returning to the ring. Misterio set up the ladder and started climbing. He came within reach of the paper, when suddenly... TAKA nailed the ladder with a springboard dropkick, causing Rey to crash and burn on the mat! "Mike, I've never seen anything like what these two guys are doing to each other," West said, "This match is going to take it's toll on both these guys' careers."

Michinoku laid the ladder on Rey, then climbed up top and launched into a moonsault. Rey quickly rolled himself and the ladder out of harm's way... but TAKA landed on his feet and delivered a standing moonsault to Rey's back, driving his chest into the rungs of the ladder below! "This is awesome!" the Memphis crowd chanted as TAKA pulled Rey up, then drove him right back down with a devastating Michinoku Driver.

"That's it," Tenay said, "TAKA's going up and Rey is completely out of it. It looks like Michinoku is not only staying in the country, but moving on to face The Amazing Red at O-Town Becomes X-Town." Before Tenay's prophecy could be fulfilled, Rey slowly began to stir, then followed TAKA up, grabbing his foot and preventing him from scaling to the top. Rey actually used TAKA's body to climb even higher. TAKA shoved him off the ladder, sending him crashing down to the mat... but not before Rey grabbed Michinoku by the head and drove him face-first into the mat!

"This in ungodly!" West exclaimed, "I don't think either of these guys can get up that ladder at this point. We may have to call this off." Rey and TAKA were both slow to get up, then simulatenously inched their way to the top of the ladder, both making a last ditch effort to win it all. At the top, the two traded punches, testing each other's shaky balance. TAKA gained an upper hand and began wailing away on Misterio, who was too busy holding on for dear life to return fire. As TAKA hammered away on Rey's fingers... Rey leapt up and hit a huracanrana, sending both men crashing to the mat and causing the audience to erupt in a "holy shit" chant.

"Have you ever seen anything like that in your life?!" Tenay cried out, "A huracanrana from the top of the ladder by Rey Misterio Jr.!" "Unreal, Mike... simply unreal," West replied as Misterio grabbed onto the ladder and began pulling himself up. Rey inched his way up, reaching the top, then reached up aand lightly brushed the paper with his fingertips. At the base of the ladder, Michinoku began to stir, then looked up... just in time to see Misterio pull the document down from the hook and raise it in the air. As TAKA buried his face in his hand, the bell sounded and Rey's music hit.

"Rey wins!" Tenay said, "What a match! What a night!" "Yeah, but what's he going to do?" West asked as Rey stood atop the ladder, staring at the paper. He looked out to the crowd, which was going absolutely bananas from the battle they had just witnessed. Rey hoisted the paper up... then ripped it to shreds! "It's snowing in Memphis!" West exclaimed, watching the tiny bits slowly descend from above. "Fans, we've got to go," Tenay said, "Thanks so much for joining us! Don't miss next week's incredible show from Atlanta. Check out our website for all the information. Good night from Memphis, where tonight... wrestling lives once again!"

WINNER: Rey Misterio Jr. via retrieving the document at 21:36

Mid-South Mania:

Christopher Daniels approaches Michael Shane backstage.

- Overall Rating: 64%

- Michael Shane gained overness from this segment.

Michael Shane defeats Christopher Daniels.

- Crowd Reaction: 62%

- Match Quality: 82%

- Christopher Daniels lost overness from this match.

- Michael Shane gained overness from this match.

Dory Funk Jr. negotiates with Jerry Lynn.

- Overall Rating: 57%

- Jeff Jarrett lost overness from this segment.

K-Krush attacks Brian Kendrick backstage.

- Overall Rating: 74%

- Brian Kendrick gained overness from this segment.

Jeff Jarrett defeats "Sting".

- Overall Rating: 58%

- Crowd Reaction: 48%

- Match Quality: 69%

- "Sting" debuted his new "conman" gimmick.

Honky Talk features Jackie Fargo.

- Jackie Fargo gained overness from this segment.

Jackie Fargo defeats The Honky Tonk Man.

- Overall Rating: 49%

- Crowd Reaction: 55%

- Match Quality: 38%

- The Honky Tonk Man lost overness from this match.

- Jackie Fargo gained overness from this match.

The Extreme Horsemen challenge Tully Blanchard to War Games.

- Johnny Swinger debuted his new "enforcer" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Steve Corino gained overness from this segment.

Rey Misterio Jr. defeats TAKA Michinoku.

- Overall Rating: 86%

- Crowd Reaction: 78%

- Match Quality: 95%

Overall Rating: 69%

- Buyrate: 0.16

- Attendance: 2,725

- Michael Shane: "I think I should be higher up the card."

- Christopher Daniels: "I think I should be higher up the card."

NO! NO! NO! Simon is gone. Why is he gone. Bring him back. *drops to the floor and throws a temper tantrum even Christian would be proud of* Damn, I was really hoping he'd get a fair chance. Windham as Sting, I dunno, I probably would have used Jeff Farmer, but that's just me. I do like the title in the ladder match. Guess Taka's on his way back to the land of the rising sun. Also nice to see Shane getting the push he should have in TNA to begin with. The real one I mean. They seemed to slingshot the X-title around so much that nobody really got their fair chance to run with the title. Well unless there name was A.J. I have to say that, and even I like AJ.

A nice nod to history on the Windham thing, I liked that. Sting will be back around, maybe he'll bring in Kendall Windham? :P After Jackie Fargo, I think we're pretty bound to see anyone show up.

Sad to see Simon go, but it looks like Swinger will be picking up the slack there. I'll be surprised to see Tully not turn to be part of the Horsemen in a managerial role. I was thinking possibly Windham as the last member, but I'll predict that perhaps Joe will be. It would almost have to be one of the circle of Corino's Zero-1 companions, and with Simon gone the remaining possibilities are Joe, Ki, and Credible. Can't see Ki as a heel and I don't know if Credible would be good enough to run with the rest, so I say Joe.

As to the small argument that was happening earlier on, if I recall right TNA was always mentioning smaller feds when they first started, especially ROH - hell that's where I first heard of ROH, and probably a lot of people are the same way on that. Would rather see Daniels on the receiving end of the Shane push since it would tie in with his ROH character, but maybe we'll see a big swerve and the Prophecy will be in both feds yet.

I really like this diary thus far, but one thing: Do you have Dusty Rhodes making up these show subtitles? Damn, I mean "O-Town Becomes X-Town" looks good on a piece of paper or a graphic, but to say it, it sounds ridiculous.

Thanks for the continued support, folks. It's much appreciated. Windham as Sting was a nod to the hoax of Halloween Havoc '90 as Steve pointed out. More on the Simon thing as it develops. O-Town Becomes X-Town is pretty abysmal a name, I grant you that, but with weekly subtitles, they can't all be winners.

Revelations, a slightly better titled show, is on the way. Until then...

NWATNA.com

Thursday, July 25th, 2002

Next: Revelations

By Katy-Jayne Myers

Fans who witnessed NWATNA's presentation of Mid-South Mania live in Memphis last night left the arena in complete horror. Moments after the pay-per-view broadcast went off the air... tragedy struck. The NWA Championship Committee have requested that I not mention it during this report, due to the sensitive nature of what transpired, but this situation will be addressed at Revelations this Wednesday.

Also at Revelations, Jeff Jarrett will take on Jerry Lynn inside of a fifteen-foot high steel cage. Jarrett has been a thorn in Lynn's side since NWATNA's debut, but now... he was nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. However, Jarrett has always been one step ahead of his foes. After putting Ken Shamrock on the shelf with help from The Harris Twins, nearly taking out Lynn with a guitar shot, destroying the legacy of Sting with the aid of Barry Windham... what will Jarrett's strategy be for Revelations?

Plus, The Extreme Horsemen, now a man short thanks to the firing of Simon Diamond, will step inside the cage against Tully Blanchard, Satoshi Kojima and Taiyo Kea for War Games! Steve Corino and C.W. Anderson promise to introduce a new Horseman at Revelations. Who will it be?

With four of the eight spots in the X-Division Title chase sealed up, the spots are becoming even more coveted. With just three weeks to go until O-Town Becomes X-Town, who will be the next two X-Divisioners to secure their spots? Just $9.95 gives you the answers to all these questions, plus the hottest two hours in wrestling today! It's NWATNA, live from Atlanta, this and every Wednesday night!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 31st

T-Minus 10-Minutes: Revelations

By Jimmy Kirk

"Greetings everyone and welcome to Atlanta," Mike Tenay said, "You are looking live inside the arena, the site of tonight's spectacular Revelations pay-per-view event. I'm Mike Tenay and with me is Don West. Allow us to be your tour guide through all of the action and excitement!" "Mike, later tonight, we're going to see a steel cage erected around this ring for not one, but TWO big matches!"

"Yes," Tenay said, "It will be Jerry Lynn taking on Jeff Jarrett. Finally, Jarrett will have nowhere to run." "This thing has been building up since our first broadcast," West said, "Jarrett's been after Lynn for as long as I can remember. Tonight, Lynn strikes back!" "Not only that, but you're going to see a miniature version of the classic War Games match," Tenay said, "It'll be three-on-three as Tully Blanchard teams with Satoshi Kojima and Taiyo Kea against Steve Corino's Extreme Horsemen."

"Mike, I was backstage earlier and I saw Corino and C.W. Anderson together," West said, "They had nobody with them. I think tonight you're going to see a three-on-two match!" "Before we get that cage up, two huge matches to determine the fifth and sixth of those eight X-Division Title hopefuls," Tenay added. "That's right," West chimed in, "Half of those spots are gone now and after tonight, we'll know six of the eight!"

"Fans, if you've visited NWATNA.com this week, you've undoubtedly heard that tragedy struck after we went off the air last week," Tenay said, dramatically shifting his tone from upbeat excitement to simply melancholy, "Because of the severity of what happened, we're not permitted to go into detail during our pre-show, but during our pay-per-view, you won't just hear... you'll see what happens." "Mike, I really don't think we should show this footage," Don said, "But the NWA Championship Committee feels you at home deserve to know what took place. I saw fans in Memphis leave the arena in tears and... well, I'm getting upset just thinking about it."

"Fans, we're not going to let what happened stop us," Tenay said, "NWATNA moves on and tonight, Revelations will be an incredible show. Just $9.95 gets you the hottest two hours in wrestling. For the month of July, for under fifty dollars, you could see ten full hours of wrestling. Some promotions will charge you the same amount for a mere three, but not us. Try the alternative and join the masses who say NWATNA is the #1 promotion in the world! Next week, we'll be live in Jacksonville. For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay and we'll see you later!"

Before going off the air, the show cut backstage to the infirmary where Satoshi Kojima and Taiyo Kea walked in as a doctor was wrapping Tully Blanchard's head with a bandage. Through the gauze, a bit of blood was visible. "I'm all right," Blanchard said, "Those damn Horsemen wannabes... they sent their lackey after me. Don't worry, fellas. I'm ready to kick some ass!"

Blanchard stood up, then immediately fell backwards as Kojima and Kea grabbed him to keep him from falling. The doctor ordered Tully to stay seated so he could check him out. As the preshow faded to black, Kojima and Kea seemed concerned that The Extreme Horsemen had evened the odds.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, July 31st

Dangerous Details: Revelations

By "Danger" Will Riker

Mike Tenay and Don West started the show with a rousing welcome from Atlanta as Revelations kicked off. "Our opening bout is going to be the fifth of eight matches to determine who's going to O-Town Becomes X-Town had will get a chance to become the first-ever NWA X-Division champion," Mike Tenay said as "Prime Time" Elix Skipper's music hit, "We've already seen Brian Kendrick, The Amazing Red, Michael Shane and Rey Misterio Jr. earn spots. Who will start off the next four?"

ELIX SKIPPER vs. MATT CROSS

Skipper opened with a spinning heel kick, quieting a small of the Georgia crowd chanting "M-Dogg". Skipper blasted Cross with a flipping kick, then made a cover, but Cross kicked out before the three. Skipper whipped Cross across the ring, attempting a clothesline... but Cross ducked it and flipped around Skipper's body, hitting a DDT! He made a cover, but Skipper kicked out. "Cross is signalling for something, Don," Tenay noted, "Could it be? It looks like he's heading up top for the Death Star DDT!"

Cross perched himself on the top rope, then waited for Skipper to get to his feet. As referee Mickey Jay stepped in to check on Elix... Skipper quickly took Jay down with a drop toe hold, causing him to fall into the ropes and knock Cross off-balance! "OH!" West exclaimed, "Cross just landed on that turnbuckle in a very ugly way!"

Skipper quickly kipped up and rushed to the adjacent turnbuckle. "What's he doing?" West asked as Skipper climbed the ropes... then proceeded to tightwalk his way to Cross, taking him down with a huracanrana! As the crowd cheered for the incredible move, all while trying to forget who administered it, Skipper pulled Cross up and hit him with the Play Of The Day, a move popularized as "the overdrive". "That's it!" Tenay said, "Elix Skipper is going to X-Town!"

WINNER: Elix Skipper via pinfall at 6:03

"Who will he face when he gets there?" Tenay said as a video package of a cloudy day appeared on screen, "It will be the winner of another match held next week, featuring this man... Jushin 'Thunder' Liger!" "Mike, I haven't seen much of this guy, but from what I hear... he's like a living legend!" West said. "Indeed, Don," Tenay agreed, "Liger has dominated the junior heavyweight world in New Japan Pro Wrestling, helped kick off the original light heavyweight division in WCW ten years ago and he's on his way here, to NWATNA! Jushin Liger will be here next week, fans! Don't miss it!"

BRYAN DANIELSON vs. K-KRUSH

"Speaking of matches next week, our last two spots in the X-Division Title hunt will be decided next week," West said as the wrestlers made their introductions, "We know Elix Skipper has earned a spot, but tonight, one other spot is going to be given out." "Yes, to the winner of this match!" Tenay said, "However, this isn't just about earning the sixth of those precious eight spots, Don. Last week, K-Krush attacked Brian Kendrick backstage. Kendrick and Danielson have been good friends for years, coming up through the ranks together. This will be for a chance to become X-Division Champion, but it's also personal."

Krush started with a boot to the gut, then held out his hand, mockingly Danielson's status as a top star in Ring of Honor. Danielson quickly grabbed his hand, shook it, then pulled him in for an armbar! As Krush struggled to reach the ropes, Danielson ripped away at his shoulder and elbow. Eventually, Krush managed to stretch his leg and prop his foot on the ropes, forcing the break. Danielson threw a few kicks as he pulled him up, then drove him down with a devastating dragon suplex! "One! Two! NO!" Tenay said, counting along with referee Chuck Berry, "How did K-Krush kick out?"

Danielson quickly went behind Krush and hooked his waist, looking for a German suplex... but Krush threw back his leg and caught the American Dragon below the belt with a kick! Krush swept Danielson's legs out from underneath him, then dropped a big elbow on his chest. He made a cover, but Danielson quickly kicked out at two. Both men stood and Krush set Danielson up for the scissor kick... only to see the Dragon catch his foot and take him down with a dragon screw takedown!

Danielson went up top and hit a flying headbutt, but Krush's shoulder's only stayed down for two. As Krush got to his feet, Danielson signalled for an armbar submission from behind. He hooked Krush's left arm... but Krush spun around and hooked him up for a suplex. Mid-move, Krush sat out, hitting his N-Bomb finisher! With that, the match came to a close and K-Krush became the sixth man confirmed to compete at O-Town Becomes X-Town.

WINNER: K-Krush via pinfall at 12:30

"Look out!" West cried as Brian Kendrick hit the ring! Kendrick immediately began peppering K-Krush with lefts and rights, then grabbed his head and charged towards the corner! Kendrick's Sliced Bread #2 attempted was blocked as Krush slipped out of his grip, sending him backflipping behind him. Brian landed on his feet, but took a boot to the gut, then got scissor kicked, falling face-first into the prone Danielson! "No revenge tonight for Brian Kendrick," Tenay said as K-Krush's theme song hit and he left the ring, leaving his foes in a huddled mass.

Ring attendants rushed out and dragged the two out of the ring, then quickly worked to erect the steel cage as the shot cut to Tenay and West in the booth. "Fans, if you visited NWATNA.com this week, you've undoubtedly heard of what is being called 'the Memphis Tragedy'," Tenay said, "Moments after our pay-per-view telecast went off the air last week, the unthinkable occured. Here now, we're going to relive that unfortunate event." "Fans, I'm going to warn you," West said, "This isn't pretty. If you're at all sensitive to this sort of thing, you and your children may want to look away."

The video started, beginning with the scene of Rey Misterio Jr. standing atop the ladder, moments after shredding TAKA Michinoku's work visa and sending him back to Japan. Suddenly... The Amazing Red appeared, holding a steel chair! He quickly smashed Rey in the lower back, causing Rey to slump over the ladder. "What the hell he is doing?" Don West's voice asked, somewhat muffled as it appeared that the audio had been cut following the pay-per-view transmission.

Los Maximos, Jose and Joel joined Red in the ring, then scaled the ladder, climbing up to meet Rey. The two grabbed hold of Rey... then delivered their patented Spanish Fly from atop the ladder, sending Rey's spine into the mat below! Red laughed as his allies stood up, then quickly splashed down on Rey with the Red Star Press! As Red and Los Maximos celebrated their assault, the Memphis crowd booed their hearts out.

Jose and Joel turned to leave... but Red stopped them. He pointed to the top of the ladder, told them some instructions, handed Joel the chair... then climbed the ladder. Joel looked to his brother in disbelief... then Jose ripped the chair out of his hands. As Red reached the top of the ladder, Jose unfolded the chair and trapped Rey's head inside, sandwiching it between the pieces of steel!

"NO!" West screamed as Red launched off the ladder, spinning and spiraling in a dizzying aerial showcase... before crashing down on the chair! Rey immediately grabbed his head and began flailing around as the three attackers quickly rushed from the ring. Medics hit the scene in seconds, crowding around the fallen Misterio. The footage cut to a later time where Misterio was being carted out on a stretcher while officials held Red and Los Maximos at bay. The shot panned over to reveal a bloodstained canvas and a steel chair warped beyond recognition before fading back to the live broadcast.

"We apologize but NWATNA officials felt that the fans at home deserved to see exactly what went on," Tenay said, "Rey was rushed to a Memphis hospital and as of right now, we are unaware of his physical condition. Based on what you've just witnessed, it's safe to say Misterio will be out of action for quite some time." "Mike, these guys, Red and Los Maximos, call themselves the Spanish Announce Team," West said, "After that... these guys need to be kicked out of NWATNA. All three of them. There's no place in this organization for what you've just witnessed."

"Fans, the NWATNA Championship Committee has looked into this situation and have promised more details next week," Tenay said, "All we know is that punishment will be carried out swiftly and severely on these three. Amazing Red, Los Maximos, on a personal note... you three make me sick." "Not swiftly and severely enough, Mike," West said as the shot cut to the ring, which had now been surrounded by a fifteen-foot high steel cage!

"If you remember the old War Games format in WCW, then you're ready for our next match!" Tenay said, "If not, check this out. This special three-on-three War Games will be divided into five periods. During the first period, one member from both teams will come out and wrestle for five minutes. After the five-minute period, one wrestler will come out, representing the team that wins a coin toss backstage. For the next two minutes, that team will have a two-on-one advantage. Period three will have two-on-two action, while period four will see two more minutes where the winners of the coin toss have a man advantage. The fifth and final period begins nine minutes into the match, when the final wrestler enters the cage. It ends when one man either submits or surrenders for his team."

WAR GAMES

THE EXTREME HORSEMEN vs. TULLY BLANCHARD'S TEAM

"We don't even know who all will be representing The Extreme Horsemen this evening," Don West said as Steve Corino came to the ring, "Corino and C.W. Anderson, but that's it. I know Johnny Swinger was seen with them last week. Could he be that fourth member they've been discussing?" "The loss of Simon Diamond for the Horsemen gives Tully Blanchard's Team a distinct advantage," Tenay said as Taiyo Kea joined Corino in the cage, "Taiyo Kea, Satoshi Kojima and Tully Blanchard are looking to teach these guys a serious lesson tonight. We know The Horsemen attacked Blanchard before our broadcast started, so they obviously aren't very confident about their chances."

Corino locked up with Kea, then took him down with a suplex. He tried to hook in a sleeperhold on the mat, but Kea blocked it and pushed him away. Corino stomped away on Kea's head as the clock slowly wound down the five-minute period. Corino took Kea into the corner and choked him with his boot, then backed off and began taunting the crowd. Kea took the opportunity Corino's arrogance granted him and began lighting him up with chops, then grabbed him by the hair and slung him face-first into the cage!

Kea battered Corino with chops, then continued slamming his face into the cage, shredding his scarred forehead and causing blood to begin flowing out onto the steel! "It all comes down to this, Mike," West said as the seconds ticked away before the start of period two, "It's the turning point. Whichever team wins this coin toss, that's the team who is going to win this!" The crowd counted down from ten, then a buzzer sounded and a hush fell over them. The silence was broken by uproarious applause as Satoshi Kojima emerged from the curtain!

"Kojima is next!" Tenay shouted, as the camera caught a close-up of Corino's bloodied and bewildered face, "For the next two minutes, Kea and Kojima will have Corino at their mercy!" Kojima stepped into the cage, then joined Kea in bashing Corino's head into it! Together, they whipped Corino off the ropes, head-first into the cage! As Corino staggered back towards the center of the ring... Kojima wasted him with a vicious lariat!

With seconds to go before one of Corino's partners was to enter, Corino blocked a Kojima spinebuster with a rake to the eyes, then spun Kojima around, causing him to blindly blast Kea with a clothesline! With Kea down and Kojima momentarily unable to attack, Corino took a quick rest before period three began and C.W. Anderson joined him. Anderson attacked Kojima with a running elbow strike while Corino repaid Kea's face with a few smashes to the cage, busting him open. As period three wound down, Anderson nailed Kojima with a spinebuster, then climbed to the top rope and dropped a big elbow!

The buzzer for the start of period four was sounded and out came Tully Blanchard, carrying a bullrope with him. Tully quicked tossed the rope up and over the cage, then grabbed a few steel chairs before finally entering. Meanwhile, Corino and Anderson continued their assault. Once inside, Blanchard began twirling the bullrope overhead, causing the Horsemen to duck out of the way and hide between the ropes and the cage! Blanchard picked up a chair and began swinging at them, but failed to connect.

Kea and Kojima dragged Corino to the center of the ring, holding his arms as Tully tied the rope around his neck! The two held Anderson at bay as Tully dragged Corino around the ring by the rope, then propped him up in the corner. As Tully reached back and prepare to nail Corino in the head with a punch... the buzzer sounded, beginning the final period! "Who is it?" Tenay asked, "Who's the final entrant?"

The camera and all eyes headed to the curtain, which hung motionless at the entranceway. "Well?" Don West said, growing impatient. Back in the ring, Tully reached back once more, then thrust his hand towards Corino's face... holding up four fingers! C.W. tackled the distracted Kojima as Tully turned and decked Kea! Corino quickly untied himself, then began joining in the beatdown on Kojima and Kea while Tully pulled the bloody bandage from his head, revealing no sign of the attack prior to the show, which at this point was clearly a total work of fiction.

"What's going on here, Mike?" Don West asked, "Who's the third man for The Extreme Horsemen?" "I think you're seeing it, Don," Tenay said as Tully and Corino began hog-tying Kea while Anderson pounded away on Kojima, "I think... Tully Blanchard has joined The Extreme Horsemen." Once Kea was successfully restrained, the three tied Kojima up in similar fashion with the other end of the rope, then Anderson continued putting the boots to them as a jovial Blanchard and bloody Corino embraced in center ring.

"I surrender!" Blanchard shouted as he started laughing, "I surrender! Please no more!" The referee called for the bell and awarded the match to The Extreme Horsemen. "This is terrible," Tenay said, "Corino and Anderson were bad enough... but Tully Blanchard? This is just wrong." The camera zoomed in as the three huddled up and held up the four fingers of The Horsemen, a symbol of their unity.

WINNERS: The Extreme Horsemen via surrender at 20:57

Referees swarmed the ring and pulled them away from their victims, dragging the bound Kea and Kojima from the cage. Corino demanded a microphone, shoving Billy Silverman until he retrieved one for him. "Tully Blanchard," he said, "Welcome... to The Extreme Horsemen! Ha ha ha ha ha!" Corino continued laughing as he passed the microphone to Blanchard.

"I told you, Steve," Tully said, holding the four fingers high above his head, "I told you I'd teach you what this is all about. I told you I'd teach you... and the world! This is about complete and total domination of the wrestling world! Let me backtrack a bit for those of you who aren't quite up to speed. You see, I saw this guy come out, named Steve Corino, and he talked about how he was going to dominate NWATNA, how he was going to be the most dominant NWA World Champion in history. Seeing this, I had to call somebody... somebody who I knew would want to know this. I called up 'The Nature Boy' himself... Ric Flair."

"Yeah, I called 'Naitch up at his new house... up in Stamford," Tully continued, "And I said to him 'There's a kid going around saying that he's going to be the next Ric Flair. He's telling everybody he's the leader of The Horsemen. What do you think?' Do you want to know the words he said to me? He said... 'Who cares?' Those are the words he said to me. You want to know the words he didn't say? He didn't say 'I'm a broken-down has-been and I don't have what it takes to stand up to him.' He didn't say 'I'm collecting a fat paycheck up here and I've grown complacent and tired of defending myself.' He didn't say 'If I go after him, all it's going to show people is that I'm nothing but a joke!'"

"All he said was 'Who cares?'," Tully said, "Well... I care, dammit! You see, when we started this, The Horsemen, it was about proving that we were the best... then, now and forever! This means something. I hold up this sign and you all know exactly what it stands for. Domination. Excellence. Greatness. Maybe Ric Flair's done embodying those things... but Tully Blanchard isn't! The more I thought about it, the more I realized... Steve Corino isn't trying to be the next Ric Flair. He IS the next Ric Flair! He's the next great icon of this business! He's the next leader of the most dominant team in history! He's the next NWA World Champion!"

"The Horsemen, the standard of excellence in this sport... that will never die," Tully finished, "You see, greatness doesn't die. It evolves. It changes so it can survive and continue it's dominance. There was a time Ric Flair had me convinced The Horsemen would die. Steve Corino has taught me they will never die. The standard of excellence has evolved... into The Extreme Horsemen!" With that, Blanchard dropped the mike and left the cage, along with Corino and Anderson. "The Extreme Horsemen, the evolution of the greatest stable in NWA history," Tenay said, "Fans, those three men just got a lot more powerful here in NWATNA."

Tenay and West quickly recapped the ongoing tension between Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lynn in recent weeks, starting with Jarrett costing Lynn a win in the first-ever NWATNA main event match, then moving onto Jarrett and his allies putting Lynn's partner, Ken Shamrock, on the shelf. Tenay noted Lynn picked up a pinfall victory over Jarrett on July 3rd, but Jarrett got the last laugh by smashing a guitar over Lynn's head. After Jarrett attacked Lynn during X-Travaganza, Lynn had had enough. He chased Jarrett out of Charlotte, then unveiled Jarrett's plan to embarrass Sting with Barry Windham last week. "Tonight, there will no escape for Jeff Jarrett!" West said, "No allies get in... no cowards get out!"

STEEL CAGE MATCH

JEFF JARRETT vs. JERRY LYNN

Lynn, having been driven mad by Jarrett in recent weeks, began things accordingly, thrashing Jarrett with reckless abandon. Lynn pummeled Jarrett along all four sides of the cage, then dropped him with a big dropkick! Jerry climbed up top... then went all the way up to the top of the cage! Lynn leapt off, looking for a legdrop... but Jarrett rolled out of the way, causing Lynn to land hard on the mat! Jarrett capitalized, hit the Stroke, then covered Lynn for the pin. "It could be over here," Tenay said, "NO! Lynn kicks out at two!" "It's that same drive that caused Lynn to jump off that cage that caused him to kick out," West said, "Hatred... for Jeff Jarrett."

Jarrett tossed Lynn shoulder-first into the ring post, causing Lynn's head to slam against the cage wall. Lynn was down in the corner and Jarrett climbed to the top rope, then began scaling the cage. "If Jarrett escapes, it's over," Tenay said, "This match only ends by pinfall, submission or one of these guys escaping the cage!" Lynn got to his feet, reached up... and nailed Jarrett with a low blow, causing him to crash back down to the mat! "No disqualifications, Mike," West said, somewhat justifying Lynn's actions, as if it were necessary.

Jarrett got up and headed towards the corner, but Lynn grabbed him and spiked him with a tornado DDT! Lynn again climbed the cage while Jarrett lay prone on the mat. Just before climbing down the other side, he looked down... then leapt off, connecting with the legdrop! "Cover!" Tenay said as Lynn draped his body across Jarrett's. The referee counted... but Jarrett amazingly kicked out at two! "Unbelieveable," West said, "What is it going to take?"

Following several replays of the highrise legdrop, Lynn pulled Jarrett to his feet and positioned him for the Cradle Piledriver. Jarrett used all his might to stand up, causing Lynn's back to crash into the cage, then dumping him head-first onto the ring apron, trapped between the ropes and the ring. As Lynn tried to free himself, Jarrett crawled across the ring. Just then... Barry Windham appeared at ringside with a guitar. He quickly chucked it up over the cage into the ring. Jarrett picked it up and as Lynn came towards him... turned and nailed him! "No! No! NO!" Tenay said, counting along with the referee in disgust, "Jeff Jarrett did it. Damn."

WINNER: Jeff Jarrett via pinfall at 18:37

Windham applauded at ringside as the battered victor stood in the center of the ring, weakly raising his arms in victory. Suddenly... the sound of thunder and somber music hit as the lights went out! "What's going on?" West said, "What is this now?" A spotlight appeared, shining on a shadowy figure descending from the rafters into the cage. The lights came back up as his feet touched the mat, revealing the familiar image of Sting. Jarrett looked on in disbelief, then turned and looked at Barry Windham, who also watched in astonishment. Jarrett turned back around, realizing this wasn't a plan he'd concocted. "No, it's not Barry Windham!" West exclaimed, "It's the one! It's the only! It's the original! Jeff Jarrett... MEET STING!"

Jarrett quickly looked around, searching for an exit, but with fifteen feet of steel between he and safety, he found none. Sting stalked Jarrett around the ring as he reached into his coat and pulled out a object. "What is that?" West asked. "It looks like... a microphone!" Tenay said. Sting slowly raised the mike to his mouth. "Boo," he said calmly, causing Jarrett to drop to his knees, pleading for his very life. The crowd in Atlanta was deafening as Sting moved towards him.

"So I hear you've been looking for me," Sting said, "Sorry to keep you waiting, but... I don't think cheap imitations were called for." As he said that, he shot a glare over to Windham, who backed away from the cage slowly and fearfully. "You see, word got to me you've been looking for the guy who's responsible for the NWA World Title," Sting said, "Well... I tried to keep it a secret, but it looks like the cat's out of the bag." "Sting?" Tenay said, "On the committee?" "Mike, he's a former NWA World Champion," West said, "Who better?"

"Now, I realize I've kept you in suspense regarding the NWA World Title," Sting continued, "But you've given me a lot to think about, Jeff. I've been wracking my brain, trying to decide who deserves a shot at this thing and you... well, you weren't my first choice, but given your win here tonight, I can't deny you're a contender."

"For those keeping track, the new NWA World Champion will be crowned on October 23rd at a show commemorating the NWA's 54th anniversary," Sting said, "It will be a one-on-one match... but we've got a lot to get to before that, Jeff. Now, one of the men in that match... could be you. It just as easily could not. You see, right now, you have a 50/50 shot of being there, Jeff. In fact, you're only one match away from it."

"August 28th, NWATNA's going to Tampa, Jeff," Sting continued, "It's a big night, because we're going to learn the names of both the men in that title match. One of them will be the winner of NWATNA's first-ever thirty man over-the-top-rope... Bunkhouse Stampede! The other? Well, it's either going to be you, Jeff... or it's going to be somebody else. I've made my decision and it is final. See you then." With that, Sting walked to the door of the cage and walked out to a rousing ovation.

"Thirty men? The field is wide open in the Bunkhouse Stampede!" Tenay exclaimed, "Anyone could earn a chance to be in the NWA Title match!" "Yeah, but Jeff Jarrett is only one match away... with a 50/50 opportunity," West added, "If he wins, he'll face the winner of the Bunkhouse Stampede!" "Right!" Tenay said, "But who must he face? Sting's made his decision and it's final! Fans, we've got to go! Hopefully, we'll have more info next week in Jacksonville! Good night!"

Revelations:

Tully Blanchard's Team finds their captain assaulted.

- Overall Rating: 52%

Elix Skipper defeats Matt Cross.

- Overall Rating: 71%

- Crowd Reaction: 48%

- Match Quality: 95%

A video package hypes Jushin Liger's debut.

- Overall Rating: 75%

K-Krush defeats Bryan Danielson.

- Crowd Reaction: 62%

- Match Quality: 83%

Footage of the "Memphis Tragedy" is shown.

- Jose Maximo gained overness from this segment.

The Extreme Horsemen defeat Tully Blanchard's Team.

- Overall Rating: 69%

- Crowd Reaction: 54%

- Match Quality: 84%

- Tully Blanchard's turn was completed and he is now a heel.

- Tully Blanchard gained overness from this turn.

Tully Blanchard is revealed as the fourth Extreme Horseman.

- Overall Rating: 71%

- Steve Corino gained overness from this segment.

Jeff Jarrett defeats Jerry Lynn.

- Crowd Reaction: 73%

- Match Quality: 82%

Sting breaks his silence.

- Overall Rating: 87%

Overall Rating: 75%

- Buyrate: 0.15

- Attendance: 2,710

- Terry Taylor: "Satoshi Kojima and Taiyo Kea blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."

- Terry Taylor: "Bryan Danielson and K-Krush didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"

NWATNA.com

Thursday, August 1st, 2002

The Bank Shot: August 2002

By Bill Banks

I'm happy to announce that the NWATNA.com family is growing... literally! Last night, correspondent Katy-Jayne Myers, delivered an eight-pound, four-ounce baby boy! Congratulations, Katy! Now, while Katy's away, I'll be taking over her duties, giving you the lowdown on the upcoming show. Katy posts her "Next" pieces on Thursdays, but I'll be doing them Saturday nights starting in just 48 hours. 48 hours?! I better get to work! Sorry about any inconvenience this poses anyone, but remember to check in Saturdays to see what next Wednesday has in store!

TOTAL TOP STORY: The Committee Cracks Down On Gang Violence!

"Enough is enough," Dory Funk Jr. says, "We're putting this problem to rest NOW!" This is Funk's response when asked about the escalating incidents of gang warfare in NWATNA. With many NWATNA stars now running in packs, too many of their foes have become victims of very serious injuries.

"What happened to Rey Misterio Jr., that was the last straw," Funk said, "Something needs to change and we're going to take aggressive steps to make sure these alliances don't cripple this promotion."

Funk and his fellow committee members will certainly have their work cut out for them. Just look at the recent factions that have popped up as of late:

The Extreme Horsemen (Steve Corino, C.W. Anderson & Tully Blanchard): After repeated interference, this team was sent a message when Simon Diamond was released. However, the Horsemen had an ace up their sleeve, in terms of veteran Tully Blanchard, a member of the original Four Horsemen which terrorized the NWA for years. This team seems hell-bent on continuing their predecessors' penchant for dominating the NWA... by any means necessary.

The Nashville World Order (Jeff Jarrett, The Harris Twins & Barry Windham): This troop has put Ken Shamrock on the shelf, sent Jerry Lynn spiraling into frustrated madness, mocked the legacy of Sting and now is targeting the NWA World Title. Led by Jarrett, a man convinced that he is heir apparent to the kingdom of NWATNA, this group poses a serious threat to the committee's new initiative.

The S.A.T., Spanish Announce Team (The Amazing Red & Los Maximos): Possibly the catalyst for this new resolve, this trio quite possibly ended the career of Rey Misterio Jr. at Mid-South Mania. The commitee has yet to take action against this group, but many are saying it is the calm before a wild and tempestuous storm.

"The bottom line is this," Funk said, "These people need to know that the hammer is coming down... hard! We're not playing around with this. You want to start a fight? That's fine. Leave your friends at home and come with it!"

10 QUESTIONS WITH: The Honky Tonk Man

Q1: Did you get any letters for your racist comments at Total NonStop Introduction?

HTM: Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not racist, baby. All I meant to say was perhaps there's a valid reason no negroes have won the NWA Title. That's all. I personally don't feel black wrestlers are as good as white wrestlers. That's not racist, baby.

Q2: What do you spend more time working on: your physique or your hair?

HTM: Both are excellent, but with proper diet and exercise, anyone can have The Honky Tonk Man's body. The hair? That's a gift.

Q3: What's your favorite Elvis song?

HTM: Everyone always thinks it's "Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love", but it's not. "Good Luck Charm" is my favorite. Yeah, Honky has a sensitive side... baby.

Q4: Where did you get the idea for Honky Talk?

HTM: Baby, nowadays, everybody who's anybody has a talk show... and The Honky Tonk Man is certainly anybody!

Q5: What was it like wrestling "Fabulous" Jackie Fargo?

HTM: Awful. He had this old person smell. Damn near knocked me out. You know that smell? You do? Good.

Q6: If you weren't involved in wrestling, what would you be doing?

HTM: An ultra-platinum country music star. Oh, wait... I did that even while being involved in wrestling!

Q7: Name one wrestler you haven't wrestled but would like to someday.

HTM: Baby, if a man hasn't been in the ring with The Honky Tonk Man at least once, he isn't worth discussing.

Q8: Name one wrestler you have wrestled but never like to again.

HTM: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. I rue the day I met him. You ever rue a day? It ain't easy, baby.

Q9: Where will The Honky Tonk Man be in 5 years?

HTM: Still comin' to your town in a pink Cadillac!

Q10: What was one question you wished would've been asked and how would you have answered it if we did ask?

HTM: "Would you like a peanut butter and banana sandwich?" and I'd say "Thank you... thank you very much."

TNAQ&A

Here's your chance to get the answers to the questions YOU want answered.

Q: When I heard Jushin Liger was coming to NWATNA, I flipped out! Liger is one of my favorites and a living legend in junior heavyweight wrestling. I've got to ask though. Is this a one-time deal where NWATNA flies him in for one match or is Liger going to be featured each and every week? Either way... thanks so much for bringing him in! - puromaniac

A: Because of Liger's extensive commitments to Japan, NWATNA can, or would, never secure his services as exclusive talent. However, the officials in charge of handling Liger's U.S. booking have told me that Liger's next date in Japan will be on October 24th at an Osaka Pro show. In the end, it's up to Liger how much of the time between then and now he will remain in America and tour with NWATNA, which is why I'm encouraging everyone in the Jacksonville area to come out this Wednesday and show your support! Let Liger know you want him here in NWATNA!

Q: What happened to Simon Diamond? I heard he got fired. - Eric Z.

A: You heard right. Simon's no longer affiliated with NWATNA. The championship committee decided to use Simon as an example and send him his release, hoping The Extreme Horsemen and other groups of that ilk would learn a lesson. Unfortunately, it seems The Horsemen have only strengthened their ranks following Diamond's departure. Plus, given new groups like Red and Los Maximos are committing far more heinous offenses, it appears the committee's message was lost.

Q: I read on the internet that NWATNA signed Van Hammer to a contract. Is it the truth or just another 'net rumor? - Hazel

A: If it's true, it's news to me, Hazel. I did a little investigating and discussed this rumor with some of Van's former WCW co-workers. They tell me Van's planning on leaving wrestling to focus on his music career. Apparently, somewhere along the way, he learned to play the guitar. If only someone could teach Jeff Jarrett...

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR AUGUST 2002

ThunderStrike

Jacksonville, FL on the 7th

- Jushin Liger will make his NWATNA debut!

O-Town Becomes X-Town

Orlando, FL on the 14th

- Dos Locos vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express in an X-Travaganza rematch!

- plus the FIRST-EVER NWA X-Division Title match!

Bash On South Beach

Miami, FL on the 21st

Bunkhouse Stampede 2002

Tampa, FL on the 28th

- 30 men go at it in the FIRST-EVER Bunkhouse Stampede in NWATNA history!

- Jeff Jarrett vs. ??? for a chance to win the vacant NWA World Title!

NWATNA OFFICIAL RANKINGS FOR JULY 2002

certified by the NWA Championship Committee

SINGLES

NWA World Champion: vacant

#1. (-) Jeff Jarrett (2 wins, 1 loss)

#2. (-) K-Krush (1 win, 0 losses)

#3. (-) Jackie Fargo (1 win, 0 losses)

#4. (3) Jerry Lynn (2 wins, 1 loss)

#5. (-) Michael Shane (1 win, 0 losses)

TAG TEAM

NWA World Tag Team Champions: vacant

#1. (-) The Rock 'N' Roll Express (1 win, 0 losses)

#2. (-) The Road Warriors (1 win, 0 losses)

#3. (-) The Extreme Horsemen (1 win, 0 losses)

#4. (1) Dos Locos (0 wins, 1 loss)

#5. (2) The Harris Twins (0 wins, 1 loss)

X-DIVISION

NWA X-Division Champion: vacant

#1. (-) Brian Kendrick (2 wins, 0 loss)

#2. (-) Rey Misterio Jr. (2 wins, 0 loss)

#3. (-) The Amazing Red (2 wins, 1 loss)

#4. (-) Christopher Daniels (2 wins, 1 loss)

#5. (-) Jerry Lynn (1 wins, 0 loss)

NWATNA.com MONTHLY AWARDS

MATCH OF THE MONTH: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. TAKA Michinoku, Mid-South Mania

right click + save target as to watch highlights

right click + save target as to watch a special Rey Misterio Jr. tribute video

Tribute Video courtesy of: Antoine Aaronson at NWATNAFanForum.com

MOMENT OF THE MONTH: Sting breaking his silence, Revelations

right click + save target as to watch in it's entirety

Name: Overness (Overness Gain For July 2002)

Alex Wright: 62 (-2)

Animal: released as per his request

Barry Windham ("Sting"): 61 (+/-0)

Blitzkrieg: 49 (+9)

Brian Kendrick: 61 (+12)

Bryan Danielson: 55 (+5)

C.W. Anderson: 53 (+/-0)

Christopher Daniels: 70 (+19)

Don Harris: 53 (+/-0)

Dory Funk Jr.: 57 (+/-0)

Elix Skipper: 57 (+10)

EZ Money: 49 (+/-0)

Frankie Kazarian: 43 (+2)

Hawk: released after requesting time off to handle personal matters

J.R. Ryder: 31 (+/-0)

Jackie Fargo: 50 (+/-0)

Jeff Jarrett: 73 (-5)

Jerry Lynn: 71 (+2)

Jody Fleisch: 50 (+/-0)

Joel Maximo: 38 (+5)

Johnny Swinger: 46 (+1)

Jose Maximo: 39 (+6)

Josh Prohibition: 52 (+/-0)

Jushin Liger: 71 (+/-0)

Juventud Guerrera: 74 (-2)

Kaz Hayashi: 53 (+/-0)

Ken Shamrock: 79 (+/-0)

Kid Kash: 58 (+10)

K-Krush: 63 (+9)

Low-Ki: 58 (+5)

Masato Tanaka: released after failing a drug test

Matt Cross: 57 (+5)

Matt Stryker: released after X-Travaganza as per a pre-show agreement

Michael Shane: 48 (+5)

Paul London: 40 (+/-0)

Quiet Storm: 36 (+/-0)

Rey Misterio Jr.: 81 (+5)

Ricky Morton: 67 (+/-0)

Robert Gibson: 64 (+/-0)

Ron Harris: 53 (+/-0)

Ruckus: released after X-Travaganza as per a pre-show agreement

Satoshi Kojima: 48 (+/-0)

Scoot Andrews: 60 (+5)

Shannon Moore: released after X-Travaganza as per a pre-show agreement

Simon Diamond: signed an exclusive contract with WWE on July 19th

Steve Corino: 63 (+3)

Sting: 93 (-2)

Super Crazy: 71 (+/-0)

Super Dragon: released after X-Travaganza as per a pre-show agreement

TAKA Michinoku: sent to RoH as part of an exclusive trade agreement

The Amazing Red: 65 (+26)

The Honky Tonk Man: 71 (-1)

Trent Acid: 53 (+4)

Tully Blanchard: 50 (+7)

Xavier: 49 (+/-0)

Yang: 40 (+/-0)

Yasushi Tsujimoto: released after X-Travaganza as per a pre-show agreement

Feud: Heat, Statistics

Brian Kendrick vs. K-Krush: 75, K-Krush ahead 3 wins to 0

Ha, I was right! Now we would just need to find the proper fourth man for the Horsemen. It would have worked out much better if Simon hadn't been sent away because it would be historically correct - Tully was the fourth man added to the Horsemen in the 80s, following the main guy (Flair/Corino) and a tag team (Andersons/CW and Simon). I still have a feeling that Swinger will play a role in the Horsemen yet. The only thing I feel that was missing from Tully's rant about Flair was him saying that for years he was THE Extreme Horseman, citing the Magnum TA cage match for reference.

Another thing I like, is that unlike pretty much every other NWATNA diaries, you didn't sign up Ricky Steamboat and have him as the main authority figure. Funk and Sting as the main Committee members is something different from all others in that regard, so big thumbs up from me on that one.

Really only one more thing to say here, and that is.....WOO LLLLLLLIGAAAAAH~!~!

I'm stilling damning WWE for stealing Diamond. Damn them. The horsemen thing was pretty obvious after the pre-show, or at least to me it is. Keep me hanging, but don't disappoint..lol..cause everyone wants Credible. Red and the SAT's attack on Misterio was great, now if you just got rid of the little bastard I'd be smiling, but seeing as he's an integral part of your X-Division, I can't see that happening. I'm also thinking that Jarrett will fight Sting in that match, but if not, surprise to me which is good. I still love this diary man, keep it up.