NWATNA: On The Road

C-MIL

I just read a review of this by NAIWF in the "Dome Newsletter" posted in Questions & Polls, so I'm going to be experimenting with some different things now. First off, I'm combining the preview & preshow together in a single post. I'm also going to take steps to neaten up and clarify a bit of the dialogue, especially in the cases of the announcers. It won't be so apparent just yet, because I've written two shows ahead. Thanks again to naiwf for the review.

Steve: The Tully turn was a bit predictable, unfortunately, but I'm glad you still found it interesting. I sort of gave it away a bit. I believe Steamboat is locked up with another fed in my game, but I couldn't be sure. I'd have to double check. Thanks for reading. :)

Tristan: I'm doubly damning WWE for that steal. Serves me right for not locking him up to a written deal. He got very over thanks to the promos and match, gaining 20+ of overness. An over guy with high charisma and no Japanese commitments is pretty much out of the cards for me. Initially, Simon was supposed to be involved in a four-on-four War Games with Masato Tanaka joining Blanchard's team. Luckily (or not), Tanaka headed off to rehab the day after WWE stole Simon, so at least the match evened out. :( Talk about small favors, huh? Thanks again for checking in.

Enjoy the ThunderStrike hype. Results coming soon.

NWATNA.com

Saturday, August 3rd, 2002

Next: ThunderStrike

By Bill Banks

Shock upon shock occurred Wednesday in Atlanta as we learned the fate of the NWA World Title would be decided at NWA's 54th Anniversary in October. However, the title match itself is wide open! How will the NWATNA stars react to the knowledge that the upcoming Bunkhouse Stampede can earn them the ultimate chance to become NWA Champion? Find out this Wednesday at ThunderStrike!

After the shocking turn of events in War Games, The Extreme Horsemen look to dominate NWATNA, beginning this Wednesday! After being brutalized inside the steel cage, Taiyo Kea seeks revenge as he goes one-on-one with Steve Corino! Are The Extreme Horsemen already too strong or can Taiyo Kea stop their momentum?

Two weeks after "the Memphis Tragedy", the NWA Championship Committee will finally take action against The S.A.T. Early reports indicate that due to the severity of the attack on Rey Misterio Jr., this will be the last anyone sees of Los Maximos and the sadistic Amazing Red in NWATNA.

All of this is capped off by the show's namesake, the NWATNA debut of Jushin "Thunder" Liger! Liger, a legend in his native Japan, has stepped into a literal golden opportunity in NWATNA. If he wins his match, he will be included as one of the eight stars vying for the X-Division Title in Orlando. If not, some X-Division star will be able to not only claim that coveted spot, but also the upset of the year!

With all of the action set to go down on the pay-per-view, NWATNA has announced that there will be a match during our pre-show to determine one of the X-Division stars going to next week's show where the first X-Division Champion will be crowned. From top to bottom, this show is stacked, so don't miss NWATNA action this, as well as every, Wednesday night!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 7th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: ThunderStrike

By Jimmy Kirk

"Welcome to Jacksonville as NWATNA's 'Heat Stroke' summer tour of Florida kicks off here in Jacksonville!" Mike Tenay said, starting off the preshow, "Fans, if you've been tuning in to our weekly Wednesday pay-per-views, you know that the hunt for the new NWA X-Division Title is heating up. Already, we know six of the eight participants who'll be vying for the gold next week. Tonight, we learn the last two. Who will join the likes of Brian Kendrick, The Amazing Red, Michael Shane, "Prime Time" Elix Skipper and K-Krush next week?"

"Mike, later tonight... Jushin 'Thunder' Liger is going to be trying to pick up one of those last two spots," West said, "This guy brings a lot of credibility to this competition. Anyone who knocks him off will instantly become a major player in NWATNA!" "Yes, but right now, the seventh of the eight spots is going to be filled!" Tenay said, "Get ready because NWATNA is bringing live action to you... right now!"

J.R. RYDER vs. QUIET STORM

"Both of these men impressed NWATNA officials during the battle royal at X-Travaganza," Don West said, "They didn't win, but they certainly proved they deserve the opportunity to be in this X-Division Title challenge." Storm opened the bout by going to work on Ryder's leg, trying to counteract Ryder's size advantage by chopping him down like a tree. After a running dropkick, Storm made a cover, but Ryder kicked out and came back fighting.

Ryder punched Storm right in the face, then floored him with a superkick. He climbed up top and leapt off, hitting Storm with a big guillotine legdrop! Ryder went for the pin, but Storm slipped away at two. "Ryder's signalling for the Ripcord!" Tenay said as Ryder pulled Storm up. He leapt in the air and caught Storm's head with his legs, but Storm shoved him off mid-move, keeping his feet flat on the mat and sending Ryder into a full flip. Incredibly, Ryder landed right on his feet! He threw a punch, but Storm evaded it, then hooked his arm. "Storm Cradle Driver!" Tenay exclaimed as Quiet Storm drove J.R.'s head straight into the canvas, "One! Two! Three! It's over! Quiet Storm is going for X-Division gold next week!"

WINNER: Quiet Storm via pinfall at 6:01

"Now we know, Mike," West said, "Quiet Storm, The Amazing Red, K-Krush, Michael Shane, Brian Kendrick, 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper and Rey Misterio Jr. are seven of the eight! Who will be the final man to be added to that list? More importantly... who will be our very first NWA X-Division Champion?" "We'll learn the answer to one of those questions tonight!" Tenay said, "Fans, we're out of time. For those joining us for tonight broadcast, we'll see you in just a few moments. For those missing out, tune in next week when we'll be live in Orlando... X-Town, Florida! The road to the Bunkhouse Stampede continues in moments!"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 7th, 2002

Dangerous Details: ThunderStrike

By "Danger" Will Riker

"Fans, we are coming just seven days after the biggest news in NWATNA history!" Mike Tenay said, kicking off the show, "October 23rd, we will be crowning the new NWA World Champion... but just three weeks from tonight, NWATNA presents the first-ever Bunkhouse Stampede... thirty men in one ring, each one having an equal opportunity to earn a spot in that epic title match! All this time, we've been wondering who the committee has been keeping an eye on. We thought the main event matches were the proving ground, but now we know. It could be anybody! All it takes is one win and any NWATNA star could find himself in that title match!"

"Last week, we saw the dastardly plot of The Extreme Horsemen unfold," Tenay said as brief clips from last week's War Games match played, "Tully Blanchard sided with Steve Corino and C.W. Anderson, claiming they are the evolution of the original Horsemen." "The whole thing makes me ill, Mike," West remarked, "Corino is perverting this legacy and what's worse, he's actually gotten one of the legends himself to go along with it. Tonight, I'm expecting Taiyo Kea to absolutely obliterate him for what happened last week in that cage."

TAIYO KEA vs. STEVE CORINO with Tully Blanchard

West's prediction came to fruition after Corino disgraced Kea by slapping him during the referee's instructions. Kea quickly ducked a second slap, then hit a back suplex, dropping Corino right on his head! He pulled him two and hit two more back suplexes, then unleashed a vicious flurry of chops, knees and kicks, sending Corino staggering out to the floor!

Tully Blanchard pulled him up... but Kea left the ring and continued the assault, whipping Corino into the guardrail. He blasted him with more kicks, then tossed him back into the ring. Once there, the helpless leader of The Extreme Horsemen begged for mercy... but received none! Kea hoisted him up and dropped him with his Hawaiian Crush finisher! "That's it!" Tenay shouted, "One! Two! Th... hey! Tully Blanchard just dragged Taiyo Kea out underneath the bottom rope!"

Blanchard hit Kea with a chop, but Kea quickly tackled Tully, driving him down with a vicious STO on the arena floor! Kea climbed back onto the apron, but Corino quickly throttled him over the top rope, sending him crashing back to ringside. Corino left the ring and pulled Kea up, then delivered a Russian leg sweep into the guard rail before tossing him back into the ring. Once there, Corino hit a superkick and made a cover, but Kea kicked out as Scott Armstrong's hand was coming down for the three.

Corino grabbed Kea's leg and signalled for the figure four! As he spun around... Kea kicked him off, knocking him face-first into the turnbuckle! Corino staggered backwards as Kea got up, then hoisted him up in a torture rack. "This could be it!" Tenay said, "H5O! Kea's got the cover! One! Two! Three!" Unfortunately for Kea, Tenay was the only one counting as Tully Blanchard had Armstrong's full attention.

"What in the world?" West said as somebody came charging down the aisle, "That's... Jeff Jarrett?" Jarrett, armed with a guitar, dove into the ring and blasted Kea, sending the shattered guitar spraying across the canvas. From there, he rolled Kea off of Corino and rolled Corino on top before ducking out of the ring. When Armstrong finally looked, he counted the fall, oblivious to the interference that had occurred.

WINNER: Steve Corino via pinfall at 17:07

"I can't believe this," Tenay said, "Corino pins Kea... but the assist goes to Jeff Jarrett of all people." Blanchard entered the ring to check on his charge, but couldn't take his eyes of Jarrett as he backed his way up the aisle, grinning from ear-to-ear. Tully assisted Corino to his feet, then pointed at Jarrett, as if to explain what happened. Corino shook his head, seemingly in disbelief before being asked to clear the ring for the start of the next match.

AMAZING RED & JOSE MAXIMO vs. THE JUNG DRAGONS

"I can't believe the NWA Championship Committee is letting these guys come out here," Don West said as Red and Jose walked to the ring, "After what they did... these two have no place here." "Fans, this was originally supposed to be the tag team debut of Jose and his brother, Joel, but it seems the S.A.T. has made a last-minute substitution." "It's that damn Red," West said, "He's such a glory hound. He'll do anything to make himself the center of attention... as we unfortunately learned in Memphis a few weeks ago."

Red and Yang began the match and Red quickly took control with a flying kick. He twisted Yang's knee a bit before hooking in a leg clutch submission hold. On the mat, Yang struggled to escape, allowing his shoulders to hit the mat for a moment, resulting in a near-fall. A few kicks with his free leg got Yang free, then he continued the kicks, flooring Red with a great flying spinkick. Yang tagged in Hayashi, then dropkicked Red in the back, propelling him forward... right into a springboard dropkick by Kaz!

With Red down, Kaz went back up top and attempted a flipping senton bomb. Red rolled out of the way and tagged out while Kaz crashed spine-first into the canvas! Jose picked up a quick two-count from Hayashi's mistake, then another after a vicious kick to the face. Jose climbed up top, then splashed down with the corkscrew 450. He quickly made a cover, then got up before the referee even had the chance to assume proper position. "Look at Red on the apron," West said, "He's telling Jose to tag him. Red wants all the glory for himself!"

Maximo did as instructed, biding Kaz precious time to recover. Red quickly hopped on Hayashi's back, looking to hit Code Red... but Hayashi dropped his weight onto Red in mid-move, trapping him for a near-fall! Red quickly got to his feet, but Hayashi jumped off the middle rope and caught Red in a flying DDT, spiking the amazing one's head into the mat! As a weary Red struggled to get up, Kaz tagged in Yang.

Yang kicked Red in the knee, then scored with a colossal fisherman's buster on him. With that, Yang called for the end and climbed up top, ready to launch into Yang Time! Maximo rushed to the corner and grabbed Yang, stopping him from delivering the move. Hayashi hurried over to help his partner as Red rolled out of the ring. "Hayashi's got Maximo!" West said, "Neckbreaker off the apron to the arena floor!"

Suddenly... Red returned to the ring with a steel chair, blasting Yang in the back, knocking him off the top rope onto Jose and Kaz at ringside! The referee, having seen everything, immediately called for the bell, disqualifying Red and his partner for the infraction. It didn't stop Red, however, who quickly dove over the top rope and nailed Yang with a chair-assisted suicide dive!

WINNERS: The Jung Dragons via disqualification at 16:24

"They're not done yet!" Tenay said as the disqualified duo continued their assault. Red pitched the chair into the ring while Maximo threw Hayashi in, then they climbed in themselves, leaving a barely conscious Yang in a heap on the arena floor. Red climbed to the top rope as Jose set the chair up around Hayashi's head and neck, exactly as they had done to Rey Misterio Jr. in Memphis! "Not this again!" West screamed, "Somebody stop these guys!"

Just then... out came Dory Funk Jr.! "Stop right there! We're not having this again!" he shouted, "You want to end up like your buddy?" The comment caused Red to pause, then climb down off the top rope. Ring attendants quickly pulled Hayashi to safety as Funk continued. "Your buddy, Joel... he's gone!" Dory said, "He came to the committee and apologized, then tendered his resignation. Even he can't stand the two of you! If I had my way, you two would be joining him!"

"Unfortunately," he said, "The committee doesn't want to see this X-Division Title challenge spoiled any further. Because of your actions, Rey Misterio Jr. has been forced to give up his spot. Now, I'm sure you think, considering he was scheduled to be your opponent, that you automically move on. NO! I've got a new opponent for you, Red." "A new opponent?" Tenay said, "This hunt for the X-Division Title just keeps getting stranger!"

Red demanded the ring announcer's microphone. "Hang on," he said, "I already defeated Rey Misterio Jr. to earn my spot. Why should I have had to face him again? I've already earned a free walk into the title match. You can't just go handing these spots out for free!" Funk chuckled. "Put it this way," he said, "You either play by my rules... or you don't play at all. Now, just because my proposal to have you fired was shot down by the committee doesn't mean I'm still not in charge around here. You'll follow my orders, or you'll be suspended. Simple as that!"

With that, Funk left, leaving Red clueless as to the identity of his opponent next week. "Finally, Dory Funk Jr. lays down the law to Red," Tenay said, "Red thought he'd have a free ride after putting Rey Misterio Jr. on the shelf, but it won't be so." "This isn't enough, Mike," West said, "Red and Jose should be out of here. Heck, even Joel Maximo left after what they did. These two don't deserve to be in NWATNA and certainly don't deserve to be going after the X-Division Title."

The scene cut to backstage, inside The Extreme Horsemen's locker room. Tully Blanchard was checking on Steve Corino as C.W. Anderson walked in. "You're crazy," Corino said. "I'm telling you!" Tully emphatically replied, "Jeff Jarrett came out and hit Kea with a guitar! I didn't believe it either... but he did!" "He's right," C.W. said, "What's going on here, Steve?" "I have no idea," Corino said, "Why would he do that?" As they discussed... a knock came at the door.

"Hello, anybody home?" said Jeff Jarrett as he entered, followed by his posse of Barry Windham and The Harris Twins, "Ah, there you are! Just the man I was looking for." Corino shot him a puzzled glance. "What do you want?" he asked, "And why the hell did you interfere in my match?" Jarrett laughed. "Consider that a sample," he said, "A sample of things to come, my friend. You're going to learn, when you ride with 'the chosen one'... life is sweet."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Corino asked, growing angry with Jarrett's stall tactics. "It's simple, son," Jarrett began, "I've been watching you and your associates and I must say... you've been doing a hell of a job. That stunt you pulled last week in the cage? Priceless. You guys are thinkers, and if there's one thing I respect, it's a man with a plan. That's why I'm here. I've got a plan, Steve... a plan you're definitely going to want to be a part of."

"What I suggest is simply this," he continued, "A truce. Until the end of Bunkhouse Stampede, you and I aren't going to be enemies. You see, Steve, in just three weeks, you're going to have a golden opportunity. You'll have a one-in-thirty shot of earning your way into that NWA Title match on October 23rd. With my help... I can make those odds a little bit better, Steve. Look around us right now. Yourself, the Enforcer, good ol' Tully, Heavy D, Big Ron and Barry Windham... six men, one-fifth of that match-up. How would you like it if your chances in the Bunkhouse Stampede were one-in-five, Steve?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Corino said, "You're saying that in the Bunkhouse Stampede, your boys are going to join forces with us?" Jarrett smiled. "That's exactly what I'm saying, Steve," he said, "I respect you, man. I do. I've seen what this team is capable of. I feel like you deserve a place in that match... as my opponent. If you'll let me, me and my associates, I'd like to help you get there." Behind Corino, Tully and Anderson exchanged excited glances, hopeful of the new-found union. Corino, however, squinted at Jarrett in skepticism. "What's the catch?" he asked.

"Ah, that," Jarrett said, "Simple. You see, you've got the Bunkhouse Stampede to win. Me? I've just got a simple one-on-one match. Unfortunately, I can't prepare for this match because I don't know who my opponent is. Apparently, Sting's got some plan up his sleeve to screw me over. You and your boys help me find out who it is... I'd have no problem helping you out. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Together, we can make sure that the NWA Title match will be Jarrett versus Corino. If you ask me, that's exactly what it should be."

Corino mulled it over for a moment, watching as Jarrett stretched out his hand. "We got a deal?" he asked, "Partner?" Corino looked at him, reached and took his hand, then said "One other thing. I want a favor. A personal one. Just make a note that you owe me one." "Steve, you're going to get everything you want and more," Jarrett replied, "You help me get into that title match, I'll help you get there. May the best man win in the end." "Don't worry," Corino said, "I will."

With that, Jarrett and company left the room, celebrating the newly-cemented alliance. "Steve, you sure that was the right thing to do?" Tully asked. "No," Corino said, "No, I'm not. Jarrett's no dummy though. He knows the power we wield around here. He'd be a fool to cross us before he's ready. C.W., go get Johnny Swinger. Tell him if he wants to be one of us, he needs to finds Sting's mystery man and take him out." "Johnny?" Anderson said, "You really want to let him in?" "Just relay the message," Corino said, "I have a plan of my own." With that, Anderson walked out and the shot faded back to the ring for the next match.

BRIAN KENDRICK & PAUL LONDON vs. DOS LOCOS

Kendrick started the match off with Juventud Guerrera, engaging in some quick catch-as-catch-can counters. The two traded armdrags, hiptosses and dropkicks, each seeming to correctly predict the move the other was about to attempt and copying him. This exchange came to an end as the men's chests collided in mid-air as both attempted a cross body block! Winded, the two crawled to their corners and tagged out, bringing in Super Crazy and Kendrick's former training partner at the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy, Paul London.

London quickly connected with a hard forearm smash to the face, but a springboard armdrag by Crazy sent London face-first into the mat. London got up, revealing a small amount of blood trickling from what may be a broken nose, then quickly tagged Kendrick back in. Crazy took command of him as well, whipping him to the corner. As Crazy distracted Mickey Jay, Juvi choked Brian out with the tag rope! Crazy quickly capitalized off the double-team, monkey-flipping Kendrick out of the corner.

"What's he doing down here?" Mike Tenay said as K-Krush slowly walked out to ringside, "The problems Krush and Kendrick have had in recent weeks has been well documented, but he has no place being out here for this match." Crazy pulled Kendrick up, but got waffled by a roundhouse kick! With both men down, their partners reached for the tag. The two men inched their ways to opposite corners, with Crazy reaching Juvi a split-second before kendrick was able toreach London. However... London wasn't there.

"K-Krush pulled London off the apron and is wailing away on him!" Tenay shouted, "Somebody put a stop to this!" Kendrick, still dazed from his beating, pulled himself to his feet, then tried to direct the referee's attention to his partner's attacker. Unfortunately for Kendrick, Juvi slipped behind him and rolled him up, cinching a grip on his tights. "One! Two! Three!" Tenay said, "London was unable to make the save, thanks to K-Krush!"

WINNERS: Dos Locos via pinfall at 12:42

"Mike, this gives Dos Locos huge momentum going into their rematch next week with The Rock 'N' Roll Express!" West said, "Dos Locos have only one defeat here in NWATNA and next Wednesday, they get the chance to redeem themselves." "You're absolutely right, Don," Tenay said, "However, on the other side of the coin, you've got Brian Kendrick, the first man to earn a spot in that X-Division Title match. How is this going to play on his mind?" "Not to mention the fact that K-Krush will also be there!" Don said, "Still, Kendrick's going to have his hands full no matter what, with this man... Michael Shane."

Backstage, Michael Shane stood alone in an empty room. "Are you kidding me?" he said, "You have got to be kidding me! Brian Kendrick? Brian Kendrick is my opponent?! Please! I got tired of beating that little punk years ago. Kendrick, let's get something straight here. You think just because you won some stupid battle royal that let you get off the sinking ship called Ring of Honor and come to NWATNA that all of a sudden, you matter? Wrong! Look in the mirror, Kendrick. You're not Michael Shane. You're not the man who ran RoH out of here. You're not the man who's related to the biggest icon this industry has ever known. You're not the man who's leaving Orlando with the X-Division Title. You're not Michael Shane. I am. And when you're Michael Shane... everyone else just sucks."

"That guy is so arrogant, it kills me," West said. "Yes, fans, Michael Shane will take on Brian Kendrick next week, with the winner moving one step closer to the X-Division Title," Tenay said as a video package started up, showing highlights of the recent matches. "That's not all though," West said, "We just saw K-Krush out here a moment ago. He's going to return to the X-Division to take on Quiet Storm. If you saw our preshow, you know that this guy may just have what it takes to pull out a surprise victory."

"Speaking of surprises, we'll all be surprised to learn Dory Funk's pick to replace Rey Misterio Jr.," Tenay said, "That man will take on The Amazing Red. Don, it could be anybody." "Anyone at all, Mike," West added, "But I'm counting on it being a real threat. Funk's not out to just let Red have a free pass. Whoever this guy is, he's going to bring it!" "Elix Skipper will take on the winner of our final match this evening," Tenay concluded, "And this whole night will be capped off by the coronation of the first-ever X-Division Champion and a great rematch from X-Travaganza as Dos Locos take on The Rock 'N' Roll Express." "Any ONE of those matches are worth the $9.95 fee," West said, "But you get them ALL in one night. Next Wednesday, O-Town Becomes X-Town! Don't miss it!"

TRENT ACID vs. JUSHIN LIGER

"And right now, we're going to learn who the final entrant is going to be," Mike Tenay said, as Jushin Liger made his entrance, "Trent Acid was quite impressive in the Xamination battle royal at X-Travaganza, but he's certainly got a long way to go to rival the accolades of his opponent tonight, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger!" "I talked to Elix Skipper this afternoon," West said, "He says he's been watching Liger his entire career, studying his moves. A lot of the X-Division can say the same and I bet Trent Acid falls into that category as well."

"Acid is a well-traveled wrestler in his own right," Tenay said, "He currently works for not just NWATNA but also XPW and CZW. Both of those promotions specialize in a much rougher, more violent style. Liger has a lot of offensive weapons, but he may need them all to put Trent Acid away." Liger and Acid locked up, then broke and traded chops. Acid quickly went for his yakuza kick finisher, but Liger ducked it, then spiked him with a brainbuster! "My God! It could be over here!" Tenay cried out, "One! Two! NO! Acid kicks out of the brainbuster!"

Liger, frustrated Acid had escaped his pinfall, unleashed a flurry of strikes on him as Acid backed into the corner. Acid managed to cover up, avoiding most of the blows... then threw out a kick, catching Liger below the belt! With the living legend down. Acid made a cover, propping his feet on the ropes for added leverage. "Not like this!" Tenay shouted as the referee began the count. Liger mustered his strength and kicked out, much to the fans' delight, but was quite uncomfortable following the low blow.

Acid backed away into the corner, then stomped his foot, setting Jushin up for a big yakuza kick. He charged... and connected flush on the chin! Acid arrogantly neglected to cover Liger, opting to mock his poses and taunts, enraging the respectful crowd. Acid climbed up top, looking for a guillotine legdrop... but Liger rolled out of the way and the last second, causing Acid to land hard on the canvas!

Both men were slow to get up, but Acid reached his feet first and charged with another yakuza kick! Liger narrowly escaped the blow, causing Acid's foot to go sailing over his shoulder. Liger quickly grabbed Acid and rushed towards center ring, droping him with a modified version of his trademark running Liger bomb! "One! Two! Three!" Don West said, "Jushin Liger wins it!" "Don, Jushin Liger is going to for X-Division gold in just seven days!" Tenay said, "This race for the belt is heating up!"

WINNER: Jushin Liger via pinfall at 11:21

"So there you have it, fans," Tenay said, wrapping up the show, "Liger, Skipper, Kendrick, Shane, Storm, K-Krush, Red and one more man are going to be involved in the toughest test in X-Division history! The city of Orlando is the stage as we crown our first X-Division Champion!" "Not only that, but The Rock 'N' Roll Express take on Dos Locos in a huge rematch," West added, "Next week, NWATNA action will transform O-Town into X-Town!" "For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay saying good night from Jacksonville!" Tenay concluded.

The shot faded, not to black, but to footage in the parking lot where a limosuine had been parked. "Come on, boys," Jeff Jarrett said as he led both his Nashville World Order allies as well as The Extreme Horsemen to the car, "Tonight, I'm showing The Extreme Horsemen what it's like to ride with 'the chosen one'!" "Whoa!" Corino said, "A limo?" Jarrett chuckled. "Son, this is just the start," Jarrett told him, "From now on, I'm going to show you why I call it 'Planet Jarrett'."

Jeff opened the door for Corino and company, then shouted, "Driver! Take us to the hottest nightspot this rat-hole of a town's got!" With that, he stepped inside the car and shut the door, laughing with his cronies. After a few moments, he rolled down the window. "Hey, driver!" he shouted, "You deaf or something?! Put the car in drive and let's go!" "Jeff, there a problem?" Corino asked. "No, man," Jarrett said, as he opened the door, "No way, Steve. You just relax. I've going to go see what's up."

Jarrett stepped out of the car and to the driver's door, then looked in the window. His mouth dropped open, horrified by the sight that stood before him. As Jarrett stood there in stunned silence, Corino left the car as well. "Come on, man," he said, "What's the problem?" He walked over to Jarrett, then turned and looked for himself. "Jesus!" he exclaimed. There, sitting slumped over the steering wheel, completely unconscious, was Johnny Swinger.

Thunderstrike:

Quiet Storm defeats J.R. Ryder.

- Overall Rating: 60%

- Crowd Reaction: 36%

- Match Quality: 99%

Steve Corino defeats Taiyo Kea.

- Overall Rating: 59%

- Crowd Reaction: 56%

- Match Quality: 76%

- Taiyo Kea didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

The Jung Dragons defeat Jose Maximo & Amazing Red.

- Overall Rating: 63%

- Crowd Reaction: 50%

- Match Quality: 91%

Dory Funk Jr. reveals The Amazing Red's punishment.

- Overall Rating: 54%

Jeff Jarrett makes a proposition to Steve Corino.

- Overall Rating: 71%

Dos Locos defeat Brian Kendrick & Paul London.

- Crowd Reaction: 62%

- Match Quality: 97%

Michael Shane cuts a promo on Brian Kendrick.

- Overall Rating: 63%

- Michael Shane gained overness from this segment.

Jushin Liger defeats Trent Acid.

- Overall Rating: 70%

- Crowd Reaction: 64%

- Match Quality: 92%

Johnny Swinger is found unconscious.

- Overall Rating: 43%

Overall Rating: 59%

- Buyrate: 0.15

- Attendance: 2,720

- Ken Shamrock: "Jeff Jarrett would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"

- Juventud Guerrera: "I should be higher on the card, promote me up the roster."

- Terry Taylor: "Super Crazy and Juventud Guerrera blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."

- Brian Kendrick: "I think this regular team with Paul London has run its course. I'm far more over - what about making the team inactive and letting me have a solo run?"

Looks like there goes Swinger's possible entry into the Horsemen....a lot of airtime for Corino though, and I always dig that.

Skipper really has no chance in hell of winning over Liger. But it should be a damn good match regardless. But then, who does? MAYBE Misterio, or if you bring in someone like Ultimo Dragon, but otherwise, Liger is pretty much a shoe-in for getting the X belt.

Now, Jarrett's opponent. I see it maybe being Lex Luger. Who better for Sting to put in Jeff's way than longtime companion Luger....who would, naturally, turn on Sting to let Double J into the Stampede match.

Okay, I figure I'll do one of those replying as I read things. Just want to feel special.

Corino vs Kea- You know, I wish I really knew who Kea was. I'm not familiar with his work so this fued is kind of lost on me because I don't know how good he is. Of course I know how good Corino is, so that more then makes up for it. I expect a lot of interference in this match from Blanchard. Damn, Jarrett wasn't expected. But, I guess he could be a member of the new Horsemen, but that would kind of ruin the "Extreme" part of them.

Amazing Red & Jose Maximo vs The Jung Dragons-Yang is cool, but not a big fan of Hayashi. Also still not a fan of Red, but at least he has a different gimmick then what I've seen him with before. Yung Dragons winning was quite a bit unexpected, even if it was by DQ. Maybe an after match attack but this may have killed a bit of Red's credibility.

Joel gone? Losing your characters like this is hurting the credibility of the show. Not to mention these guys were at least a fairly good heel tandem.

Hmm, why do you think Jarrett did it? He wants in. He knows that The Extreme Horsemen are the hottest things going today. NO! NO! NO! Corino just became Jarrett's bitch. Why would he make that kind of a deal. God Damn it. Well, at least Swinger is getting a chance....or is he? Hmmm

Kendick & London vs Dos Locos-Well, that was a pretty good match. A nice way to move the fued between Kendrick and K-Krush along. Gives Dos Locos the win, considering they got screwed on last weeks show. While Killings is good I hope Kendrick wins that fued. Killings is always built up, Spanky needs some exposure.

For some reason, Michael Shane is one of my favourite characters in this diary right now. He's a great athlete, and you're building him the way he should have been built in reality. His arrogance is great, and he's picked up some heavy momentum. Putting him against Kendrick is something I'm not liking, but I expect Krush to ruin Kendrick's chance anyway, which doesn't hurt either of them.

Trent Acid vs Jushin Liger-Might I be the first to mark out for this match? I love both of these guys. A good back and forth match with the winner being quite predictable. That isn’t a bad thing though, because Liger is gold.

Poor Swinger. I'm still guessing Sting to be the man, but a surprise would be good. I'd love for Stan Hansen to come back, but that's just the nostalgia trip going there. Solid show.

Thanks for reading, guys. :) For the record, I never intentionally lose characters. It usually just winds up as a by-product from EWR. With Simon, it was WWE. With Tanaka, it was rehab. With Joel... also rehab. Happened the day of the event too, so I figured for realism sake, I'd sub-in Red. The original finish was Red's run-in costing Los Maximos the match by DQ. I figured the half-hearted face turn for Joel's confession would be a nice touch for a guy trying to kick the habit. Better than "good luck getting off the smack, but we're still going to call you an asshole on our show".

Enjoy the build-up for the poorly-titled O-Town Becomes X-Town...

NWATNA.com

Saturday, August 10th, 2002

Next: O-Town Becomes X-Town

By Bill Banks

Finally, the time has come and for fans of NWATNA's X-Division... it's none too soon. This Wednesday, O-Town Becomes X-Town as the city of Orlando, Florida becomes the home to the first-ever NWA X-Division Title match!

The card was already stacked when the NWA Championship Committee announced that Dos Locos would take on The Rock 'N' Roll Express in a rematch from X-Travaganza. There, the Rock 'N' Rolls defeated the younger luchadores, but will lightning strike twice in X-Town?

Plus, after an incredible debut against Trent Acid, Japanese living legend Jushin "Thunder" Liger goes one-on-one with "Prime Time" Elix Skipper. Will Skipper serve as Liger's spoiler or will Jushin go to 2-0 in NWATNA?

We learned last Wednesday that Rey Misterio Jr. will be unable to compete in his match with The Amazing Red due to severe injuries suffered several weeks ago. However, rather than reward Red with a free forfeit victory, Dory Funk Jr. has found a replacement for Rey! Who will it be and will they have the goods to knock the cocky daredevil off his high horse?

After winning an NWATNA contract at X-Travaganza, Brian Kendrick has become one of NWATNA's most beloved stars. After forcing NWATNA to break off it's promotional relationship with Ring of Honor, Michael Shane has become one of the fans' least favorite. We know who the crowd will side with, but we don't yet know which of these former training partners will pick up the big victory and move one step closer towards the X-Division Title.

Plus, after invading X-Travaganza, K-Krush has made life a living hell for the X-Division stars. Can this "outsider" make it to the X-Division Title match or will the dark horse challenger Quiet Storm pick up an upset win?

NWATNA crowns it's first champion and it all happens live this Wednesday! Just $9.95 gets you all the incredible action. Don't miss out!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 14th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: O-Town Becomes X-Town

By Jimmy Kirk

ELIX SKIPPER vs. JUSHIN LIGER

"Fans, we have absolutely no time to waste!" Mike Tenay said as the show opened with the introduction of Jushin "Thunder" Liger", "Two hours is simply not enough time for all the action we have planned! Tonight, you get to see a free match here on our preshow, and what a match it is!" The match quickly degenerated into a series of chops, but Liger picked up a near fall after scoring with a roundhouse kick. Liger hoisted Elix up, looking to hit the brainbuster... but Elix managed to counter and take Liger down with an inside cradle, picking up a two-count of his own.

Skipper dropped Liger with a kick, then stomped away before hitting a flip legdrop and making a cover. Liger powered out at two, but Skipper did not relent, continuing to assault Liger with hard kicks. He turned to the crowd and shouted "What time is it?!" then turned back around... right into Liger's shotei palm thrust! Elix hit the mat, completely clobbered by the blow. "Liger's going up top!" Tenay said as Jushin scaled the turnbuckle, "Fans, you may be getting ready to see the shooting star press done by the very man who invented it!"

As Liger steadied himself... Skipper kipped up and dropkicked the ropes, causing Liger to crotch himself! Elix climbed up and walked the rope, looking for his New School huracanrana finisher. As he reached Liger, he leapt in the air and caught Liger's head with his legs... but Liger held on! A split-second later, Liger grabbed Elix and leapt off the rope, dropping him with a top rope powerbomb! With that, only a cover was needed to put Liger one step closer to the X-Division Title.

WINNER: Jushin Liger via pinfall at 8:12

"That's just a taste of what to expect for the next two hours!" Tenay said as the preshow wound down, "You'll see Jushin Liger once more tonight, thanks to that victory." "It's an exciting time to be a part of NWATNA," Don West said, "Tonight, we crown an X-Division Champion. Next week, we're live from South Beach in Miami, Florida. Two weeks from tonight, it's the Bunkhouse Stampede!" "Thanks for joining us," Tenay said, "See you next week from Miami!"

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 14th, 2002

Dangerous Details: O-Town Becomes X-Town

By "Danger" Will Riker

The show opened with a short video package featuring shots of the new NWA X-Division Title belt, along with clips of the recent X-Division matches in NWATNA. Once the video ended, the belt was again shown... this time, on display in the entranceway, laid out on a table, surrounded by security. As the crowd noise died down, K-Krush's music hit and Don West and Mike Tenay wasted little time sending it to the ring for more action.

K-KRUSH vs. QUIET STORM

Krush scored with a high leg lariat, rocking Storm, then tackled him to the mat. Krush arrogantly flaunted his dominance by doing a little dance as he got to his feet, then gesturing to the crowd. "He is the biggest competitor in this," West stated, "With a size and strength advantage, it's hard not to be confident... especially when you've been paired up to face the underdog of the whole contest!" Krush lifted Storm up onto his shoulders, then pancaked him into the mat, leading to a close near fall.

Krush, having grown tired of toying with his prey, hooked him up for the N-Bomb finisher. To everyone's surprise... Storm blocked it! A second attempt was also blocked, then a third was countered as Storm drove Krush down with a surprise snap DDT! "Hold on!" Tenay said as Storm refused to let go and pulled Krush up for a second DDT... then kept going! "Three!" Tenay cried out, "He calls that DD3! Will it get three?" Tenay's question was answered with a resounding no as Krush kicked out before the dreaded three count.

Storm got to his feet, then signalled for the finish! "Here it comes! The Storm Cradle Driver!" Tenay said as Storm hooked Krush up in a full nelson. He tried to lift Krush, but the size differential served to save Krush. As Storm mustered his strength... Krush threw back his leg, catching him right in the groin! "OH!" West cried out, sharing Storm's agony. Quiet Storm slowly collapsed to his knees behind Krush... then reached up and returned the favor, uppercutting Krush south of the border! "What's good for the goose is good for the gander!" Tenay exclaimed, "K-Krush, payback 's a bitch!"

As both men struggled to regain their composure after being assaulted in their most delicate of areas... Krush quickly spun around and dropped a scissor kick right on the top of Quiet Storm's head! The impact knocked him cold instantly and Krush simply rolled him onto his back and pinned him. "Devastating kick by K-Krush!" West said during one of several replays, "He moves on, thanks to that." "Yes, but there's no shame for Quiet Storm who gave it all he had and more," Tenay said, "He came a lot farther than many expected."

WINNER: K-Krush via pinfall at 12:36

As K-Krush limped away from the ring, the scene cut to a video package, showing black and white footage of Ken Shamrock, sparring in a ring against several unknown wrestlers. "Danger has a name," a voice said as Shamrock suplexed his faceless foe to the mat. "Danger has a face," the voice said as a close-up of another victim's face screamed in agony as Shamrock applied the anklelock. "And now," the voice concluded, "Danger... has a mission." The word "SHAMROCK" appeared in bold letters as the video ended with the voice saying "Next week... danger returns."

"Ken Shamrock is coming back?" Tenay said, "Could this have something to do with what we saw at the end of last week's broadcast to Johnny Swinger?" "Mike, if this union between Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino is legit," West said, "I'm not sure even the addition of Ken Shamrock can stop them. Think about it. They are working together to stack the odds for Bunkhouse Stampede, trying to secure each other a spot in the NWA Title match. For everyone else, this is a matter of every man for themselves. There's no one you can trust!"

"Well, here's a man we can trust to give us more information on this epic night," Tenay said, "Stay tuned for a message from NWA Championship Committee member Dory Funk Jr." With that, the show cut to backstage, where Funk sat at his desk. "Good evening and thank you for joining us on this historic night," Funk said, "Tonight, the NWA takes a bold step towards the future by acknowledging the X-Division with an official championship belt. However, I come to you this evening with an announcement regarding the Bunkhouse Stampede, a match that has serious implications on the future of the NWA World Title."

"As you all may know," he said, "The winner of the 30-man over-the-top-rope match will receive a spot in the main event of the NWA 54th anniversary celebration, which will be for the vacant NWA World Title. However, it has come to my attention that several NWATNA stars are attempting to band together and trying to rig this match. This is unacceptable. Thus, I officially declare that next week, live from Miami, anyone who loses a match will be unavailable to compete in the Stampede!"

"With that said," he continued, "Next week, you are going to see a fantastic main event. Steve Corino, the leader of The Extreme Horsemen, is going to take on... Jerry Lynn! Now, Corino... before you go plotting with Jeff Jarrett about how you're going to steal this match, let me say this. Jeff Jarrett will also be in action, taking on the man he attacked last week, Taiyo Kea! Jarrett, Corino... I'm going to say this once and only once. If either of you interfere in each other or any other match next week... you will be fired on the spot! If you even so much as poke your heads from behind that curtain, you'll be gone!"

"Thank you for your time," he finished, "Enjoy the rest of the show." Back at the broadcast booth, West and Tenay were stunned by Funk's decree. "Next week, Jarrett takes on Taiyo Kea one week before Bunkhouse Stampede?!" Tenay said, "All the schemes and plots... it's all going to catch up with Jarrett next week! Kea is going to destroy him!" "What about the main event?" West said, "Jerry Lynn versus Steve Corino? You heard what he said. Anyone who loses a match next week is out of the 30-man match before it even begins! Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino's whole plot could go up in smoke before we even get to Tampa!"

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. MICHAEL SHANE

Kendrick, poking fun at Shane's intense rivalry with the Ring of Honor promotion, extended his hand and asked for a prematch handshake. Michael was incensed and slapped Kendrick's hand, causing him to spin around... then grab Shane's head and charge towards the corner! The attempted Sliced Bread #2 was blocked when Shane shoved Kendrick off in mid-air, but Kendrick landed on his feet behind Shane, then dropkicked him in the back, sending him chin-first into the turnbuckle!

As Shane hung in the corner, Kendrick unleashed a few more dropkicks to the head, pounding his chest into the middle turnbuckle pad. Shane wearily slumped to the mat and rolled out of the ring, desperate to catch a breather after only a few minutes of action. "Shane's looking to compose himself and slow the tempo of this match down," Tenay said, "That'll be difficult considering the fast pace Brian Kendrick is moving at." "You're not kidding! Look at this!" West said as Kendrick leat to the top rope. Once there, he pounced off, diving to ringside and catching Shane with a flying huracanrana!

As Shane was slung back-first into the guard rail, the crowd erupted in a "holy shit" chant. "Doesn't this kid know that if he wins, he's got another match?!" West asked, "He's not holding anything back!" "That's the Brian Kendrick we know, Don," Tenay said, "That's the Brian Kendrick that has won the hearts of the NWATNA fans!" Both men were slow to get up, but Kendrick reached his feet and chucked Shane back into the ring before returning there himself. Kendrick pulled Shane up and made a second attempt at his Sliced Bread #2 finisher... but Shane sat out mid-move, dropping Kendrick in a stunner!

"Kendrick might be out!" West said as Shane rolled him over and made the cover, "One! Two! NO! This kid's not done fighting yet!" Kendrick lifted his shoulder, then sat up, but Shane quickly dug his fingers into Kendrick's eye sockets, raking his face viciously. Kendrick stumbled over to the ropes where again Shane raked the eyes. Referee Mark Johnson stepped in, demanding Shane let up, when suddenly... the blind Kendrick launched a dropkick! Instinctively, Shane grabbed the referee and pulled him into the line of fire, causing him to take the brunt of the impact, then collapse in a heap!

"Did you see that?!" West cried out, "Shane just pulled Slick into the fray!" Kendrick rubbed his eyes, then looked, seeing the damage his move had done. He knelt down to check on the referee, who was completely out after having taken the full force of the dropkick. Meanwhile, across the ring, Michael Shane reached inside his boot and pulled out a chain! "There it is!" West said, "That's the chain that he used to beat Christopher Daniels! Don't tell me this is going to end this way!" As Kendrick slowly backed away from the fallen official... Shane clocked him from behind with a chain-covered fist, sending him straight down on top of the ref!

"Damn!" Tenay said as Shane arrogantly smiled to the camera, "He's going to steal this thing! Michael Shane has absolutely no respect for anything!" Shane twirled the chain around in his hand, then tossed it over the top rope to the floor. He shrugged his shoulders and remarked to the crowd "What chain?" as they booed him vehemently. The boos suddenly shifted to cheers when a man hopped the guard rail and entered the ring behind Shane. "That's... that's," West stammered, "That's... that's... Low-Ki!"

Low-Ki clutching the RoH Title in his hands, calmly waited for Shane to turn around. Once he did... Ki blasted him with the belt! "Yes!" West said, as Low-Ki made a hasty exit, "Fair is fair, Michael Shane! The ref is down! Kendrick is down! Now, Shane is down! We're back to a level playing field!" Shane lay unconscious on the mat, with blood trickling from a cut over his right eye, while Kendrick also lay motionless, bleeding all over Mark Johnson's zebra-striped shirt.

Johnson became the first to come around, crawling towards the ropes and shoving Kendrick's dead weight off of him. As Kendrick flopped on the mat, he rolled towards Shane, draping a limp arm across his chest. "Could it be?" Tenay said as the referee spotted the cover, "One! Two! Three! He got it! Somehow, Brian kendrick survives and moves on!" "Yeah, but this kid is out!" West said, "How is he going to recover in time to continue?!"

WINNER: Brian Kendrick via pinfall at 16:45

A pair of ring attendants quickly helped Kendrick back to the back, while the referee tried to help Shane. Shane suddenly came to, then shoved the referee away, screaming incoherently. Just then... Low-Ki returned! He nailed Shane with the belt again, then tossed it down and began battering Shane with kicks! Ki hoisted Shane up and drilled him onto the title belt with the Ki-Krusher! Not a moment later, Ki hooked Shane's head and began stretching him out with the Dragon Clutch! The bell rang repeatedly and a slew of officials poured from the back, desperately trying to pull the rabid RoH Champion off his bloody and exhausted prey.

"That's exactly what he deserves!" West said, "Michael Shane tried to run RoH out of here. He wanted a war. He's getting one!" "Yes, but think of it this way," Tenay added, "Michael Shane was fired for breaking the 'code of honor'. His repeated attacks against RoH prompted what you saw just a moment ago. Maybe Michael Shane hasn't succeeded in running RoH out of NWATNA, but just look at what the RoH Champion has done. He's totally abandoned the 'code of honor'! Perhaps, in some strange way, this is even more important to Shane's quest to destroy RoH than his repeated attacks have been."

As Tenay and West debated which side had the upper hand in the Shane versus RoH war... Jeff Jarrett's music hit! Out came the self-proclaimed 'chosen one', but he wasn't alone. Barry Windham, The Harris Twins and The Extreme Horsemen joined him as he walked towards the broadcast booth. "What are you doing here?" Tenay asked, "Tonight is about the X-Division. You're not a part of it." "Shut up," Jarrett said, "I go where I please, when I please, with who I please, slapnut. I'm here tonight because I have a message for Sting."

"WE have a message for Sting!" Corino corrected, "You made the biggest mistake of your life last week! What your little mystery buddy did to Johnny Swinger... it was really stupid. You see, now Johnny knows who he is. The element of surprise... it's gone. We're on our way back to Jacksonville to visit him in the hospital and when we do, we're going to know your dirty little secret." "Steve! Steve!" Jarrett said, "Don't give away my... I mean, OUR plans to him. That' what sets us ahead. We're going into the Bunkhouse Stampede with a strategy. United we stand... and everyone else falls. Ha ha!"

"That's right!" Corino said, "Mark your calendars now. Write it in. October 23rd, Jarrett versus Corino for the World Title! It's as good as done. Two weeks from tonight, we just have to make it official." "And we will," Jarrett said, "Anyone who thinks they're going to stop us, take a look around. Jerry Lynn? Taiyo Kea? Dory Funk Jr.? Sting? You're all outnumbered. Get ready to bow at our feet, because the title is coming home with us." With that, the group filed out, returning backstage from whence they came.

A MYSTERY ENTRANT vs. THE AMAZING RED with Jose Maximo

Red and Jose entered the ring first to a loud chorus of boos. "This was originally scheduled to be Red versus Rey Misterio Jr." Mike Tenay said, "However, Red's vicious assault several weeks ago has forced Rey to bow out of this competition. Red thought he had earned a free ride into the X-Division Title match, but Dory Funk Jr. announced last week that he had found a replacement for Rey." "Mike, whoever this guy is, he's got a golden opportunity... literally!" West said, "For weeks, the X-Division has been battling to try and earn a chance to be here tonight. This mystery opponent for Red gets an automatic spot."

A loud guitar riff played as the curtain pulled back. "OH, WOW!" West said a man stepped through, toting with him a trash can, stocked with weapons, "Terry Funk!" Funk dragged the can halfway down the ramp to a deafening ovation. He paused, set the can down, pulled out a stick... then proceeded to batter Jose Maximo with it at ringside! Maximo struggled to cover up, but Funk's attack sent him scurrying up the aisle to the back. "Dory Funk Jr. didn't need to look far!" Tenay said, "Terry Funk, his brother, is here in the X-Division!" "He may not be what you would call a 'conventional' X-Division wrestler," West said, "But nobody exemplifies the high-risk, no fear style of the X-Division better than this man!"

Funk dragged the can to ringside... but Red quickly dove over the top rope and nailed him with a plancha! Red unleashed a series of kicks to Terry's legs, then tossed him in the ring and dove over the top, crashing down with a somersault legdrop. "Cover!" Tenay shouted, "Funk kicks out at two. Don, this has got to be Red's dream come true. Red says he's the future of wrestling. What better way to prove it than to get a win over a bona fide legend?"

Red continued punishing the leg of Terry Funk, then climbed up to the top rope. He leapt off, looking to hit a twisting senton... but Funk rolled out of the way! Funk got to his feet and peppered Red's face with jabs, then spiked him with a DDT. Funk stood over Red for a moment, looking down... then looked out into the crowd and pointed to the corner, causing the crowd to erupt! "The Funker's going up!" West said, "Show these kids how it's done, Terry!"

Funk scaled the ropes and jumped off, going for the Funkersault. Unfortunately, Red raised his knees, causing the "mayor of no man's land" to crash down on them with his chest! As Funk clutched his torso, Red kipped up and then splashed down with the Red Star Press! "It could be over here!" West said, "Red's not making the cover! What's he doing?" "Don, I think Red's looking for the ultimate insult," Tenay said, "He's going to try to make Funk tap out to his own spinning toe hold!"

Red grabbed Funk's leg and spun around... but Funk used his foot to kick Red into the ropes, causing him to sail through them out to the floor! As Funk slowly got to his feet, Red reached underneath the ring and pulled out a chair. He brought it into the ring, took aim and swung it right at Funk's head. "Funk caught it!" Tenay said, "Funk's got the chair!" As Tenay said, Funk ripped the chair away from Red, then waffled him with it, driving a large divot in the seat in the shape of Red's head. The referee, Jim Molineaux, had no choice but to call for the bell.

WINNER: The Amazing Red via disqualification at 12:32

"Terry Funk may have lost the battle, but he's not about to lose this war!" Tenay said as Funk reached down and tore Red's shirt off. He left the ring and retrieved something from his can, then returned and wrapped the shirt around the steel chair. "That's lighter fluid!" West screamed as Funk held up his mystery ingredient, then poured it on the shirt. He quickly pulled a match out of his tights and set the chair ablaze!

"Terry Funk is going to burn this place to the ground!" West exclaimed as Funk swung his fiery weapon wildly. Red, afraid for his life, ducked out of the ring and high-tailed it up the ramp. Funk quickly followed, still brandishing the flaming chair. A cameraman followed the action as the deranged legend chased Red and a battered Jose Maximo throughout the backstage area, eventually scaring them out of the building!

"It's obvious that Dory Funk Jr. chose his brother not to bring home the X-Division Title, but to exact revenge on Red for his recent behavior," Tenay said, "Still, Red advances. We know now the four men in our main event will be Red, Brian Kendrick, K-Krush and Jushin ' Thunder' Liger. One of these men will leave X-Town tonight with the brand-new NWA X-Division Title!" "Before we get to that, though," West chimed in, "We've got a rematch from last month's X-Travaganza. Dos Locos set out an open challenge to any team in the world to come to NWATNA and face them. The call was answered by The Rock 'N' Roll Express. Tonight, Juventud Guerrera and Super Crazy will get a chance to even the score in this rematch."

DOS LOCOS vs. THE ROCK 'N' ROLL EXPRESS

Super Crazy locked up with Ricky Morton at the bell, then whipped him to the ropes and flattened him with a spinning heel kick. He made a cover, but Morton kicked away at two, sending Crazy to his corner for the tag out. Juventud Guerrera climed up top as Crazy hoisted Morton up, positioning him for the Locomotion tandem finisher. Morton wriggled free from Crazy's grip, then shoved him towards the ropes, causing Juvi to be crotched on the turnbuckle! As Crazy was forced from the ring by referee Mickey Jay... Morton raced to the top rope and superplexed Juvi off!

"Dos Locos are in a bad way here in the early going!" Don West said, making an accurate assessment as Morton delivered a fistdrop to Juvi, then made a cover. Super Crazy's distraction of Jay borrowed Juvi a precious few seconds, enabling him to gather his wits and kick out by the count of two. Morton wrenched the arm, then tagged in Robert Gibson, who jumped off the top with an axhandle onto Juvi's shoulder. Gibson continued to work over the arm, but Juvi fired off a couple forearm shots to create some distance, then blasted Gibson with a colossal roundhouse kick!

Gibson backed into his corner, tagging in Morton, while Juvi reached Crazy for the tag. Crazy quickly dropped Morton with a dropkick to the knee, then began putting the boots to him as Juvi summoned the attention of Mickey Jay. Just then... a man hopped the guard rail and blasted Gibson in the back with a chair! "What the hell?!" Don West exclaimed as the hooded attacker pitched the chair to Crazy, who quickly climbed the ropes and delivered a moonsault on Morton, driving the chair into his chest. Crazy tossed the chair back and hooked the leg as Juvi ordered Jay to turn around. Gibson, grimacing on the apron, could do nothing but watch as his partner's shoulders were counted down for three.

WINNERS: Dos Locos via pinfall at 13:14

"That's Psicosis!" Tenay said as the hooded man ripped off his sweatshirt, then returned to the ring. Juventud shoved Mickey Jay down and joined Crazy and Psicosis in stomping away on Morton. Gibson rushed to his partner's aid, but quickly found himself outnumbered and dragged from the ring by Psicosis. "What are they doing?" West asked as Juvi also pulled Morton from the ring, then sprawled him out on a ringside table.

Psicosis fired off a few punches on Gibson, then stretched him onto the table as well. Meanwhile, Super Crazy ascended the turnbuckles and looked back, making sure his allies had secured their prey accordingly. "No!" West cried out," Don't do it! They're legends! No!" Crazy gracefully leapt off and drove both Morton and Gibson through the table with a quebrada moonsault! As the crowd chanted "holy shit", Guerrera and Psicosis laughed maniacally while Crazy slowly stood up and dusted himself off. Together, the three left as medics rushed to the scene, tending to the fallen Rock 'N' Rolls.

"This wasn't about evening the score," Don West said, "Dos Locos wanted to put The Rock 'N' Roll Express out of wrestling. I'm sorry, Mike, and I may be out of line but... the NWA Championship Committee really needs to get this situation under control! We've already seen Rey Misterio Jr.'s career ended. Tonight, we could have seen two more men eliminated from NWATNA." Medical personnel quickly loaded Morton and Gibson onto stretcher and hauled them out while ring attendants removed the table debris.

"It's time for our main event!" Tenay said, "It's the moment we've all been waiting for. Who will be the first X-Division Champion in NWATNA history! We've... hold on one second. I'm getting word from our producer Tommy something's happening outside the arena! Let's take you there live!" The shot cut to the scene outside the arena where Jose Maximo and The Amazing Red were running frantically through the streets of Orlando!

"He's going to kill us!" Jose said as Terry Funk, armed with a flaming chair rushed into view, screaming like a wildman. "No," Red said, huffing as he ran, "He's going to kill you!" "Huh?" Jose said... seconds before Red stuck his foot out and tripped him, then sped off into the night! "See ya, sucker!" he shouted back as Jose slowly got up... then went straight back down after being nailed by the burning chair! "Get back here you!" Funk shouted to Red as he continued following him off into the darkness.

NWA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. K-KRUSH vs. JUSHIN LIGER

"Obviously given what we've just seen," Tenay said, "The Amazing Red will not be a part of this match. This is a three way elimination match. If you're pinned or submit, you're gone. Last man standing leaves X-Town as the NWA X-Division Champion!" The three began the match with an intense three-way stare-down in the center of the ring, allowing the crowd to whip themselves into a frenzy, eagerly anticipating the declaration of the new champion.

Krush struck first, kicking Liger in the gut in preparation for the scissor kick. Kendrick quickly began wailing away on Krush, venting some of the friustrations of the past few weeks on him. Krush quickly overpowered Kendrick and hooked him up, looking for the N-Bomb. Just then... Liger sprang to life and dropkicked both men from the ring! Kendrick and Krush recovered and continued brawling at ringside... until Liger wiped them both out with a suicide dive! "Mike, these two are ignoring Liger and it's costing them!" West said, "The bad blood we've seen building up in recent weeks could wind up seriously costing one of these guys if this continues!"

Liger got to his feet and tossed Krush into the ring, but Kendrick nailed him with an enzuigiri before returning to the ring to face Krush alone. Kendrick and Krush continued their heated struggle, bashing each other with hard punches and forearm strikes. After ripping off Kendrick's bandage, resulting from the chain shot from Michael Shane earlier, Krush finally scored with a kick to the gut, then launched into the scissor kick... but Kendrick stood straight up, dodging the blow and causing K-Krush to splatter himself on the mat! As Krush sat up, Kendrick blasted him with a kick to the face, busting his lip open. As Krush spat the blood on the mat, Kendrick climbed up top.

He prepared to deliver a moonsault... but Krush kipped up and nailed him from behind, causing him to land on the top rope, then fall back, tying himself upside-down in the ropes. Firmly in command, Krush mocked Kendrick as he laid in the boots, while Kendrick desperately tried to cover up. Krush backed off momentarily, walking across the ring, ready to charge his defenseless victim. As Kendrick reached up, struggling to free his leg from the rope... Liger returned to the ring, kicking Krush in the back!

Krush turned and fired off a few shots, then whipped Liger into the ropes. Liger came charging back, ducked a clothesline... then blasted Krush with a vicious shotei palm thrust! As Krush stood there, dazed, Liger quickly lifted him up, looking for the running Liger bomb! "Can he get him?" Tenay asked as Liger wobbled, obviously struggling to keep his balance. Liger awkwardly stumbled towards the corner, while Krush flailed violently, desperately trying to stop Liger from dropping him.

Meanwhile, Kendrick had managed to pull himself up onto the ropes and free his leg. As Liger backed towards, Krush grabbed Kendrick's shoulders, using them as the only thing he could hold onto. Kendrick quickly stood up, reached and grabbed Krush's head... then backflipped off the top, delivering Sliced Bread #2 as Liger sat-out, powerbombing Krush at the same time! "My God!" West shouted, barely audible over the crowd, "I've never seen anything like that in my life! Liger's got the pin! One! Two! Three! It's over!"

After several replays of the daring double finisher, Krush rolled from the ring and was assisted to the back. "It's all come down to this," Tenay said, "Jushin Liger and Brian Kendrick... who will be our first X-Division champion?" Liger, showing his respect to the gutsy youngster, extended his hand offering a handshake. Kendrick neglected to shake the hand, but instead bowed to Liger, offering his respect... seconds before taking him down with an inside cradle, nearly getting the three count!

Liger kicked out, but Kendrick unleashed a kick combo, culminating with a shining wizard knee strike to the head. He again went for the pin but again Liger kicked out. Undaunted, Kendrick pulled Liger to his feet and grabbed his head, looking for Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick rushed to the corner and flipped off, but released Liger's head in mid-air and went sailing behind him. Kendrick scrambled to his feet and charged... running right into a superkick which reopened the cut on his forehead! Kendrick was rocked, but pulled it together long enough to attempt a huracanrana... while Liger quickly converted into a running Liger bomb! "One! Two! Three!" Tenay cried out as Chuck Berry registered the final fall.

WINNER & NEW NWA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: Jushin Liger via pinfall at 21:03

"There you have it, fans!" Tenay continued as Dory Funk Jr. walked to the ring, carrying the X-Division Title, "NWATNA's first X-Division Champion, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger! He's got a laundry list of accolades in this great sport, but tonight, he adds one more! Thank you for joining us. We'll see you next week in Miami, our last stop on the road to the Bunkhouse Stampede. For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay saying enjoy this historic moment and we'll see you next week!"

Funk entered the ring and fastened the title around Liger's waist as he raised his arms triumphantly. The crowd chanted "Liger! Liger!" as fireworks went off and streamers fell from the heavens, covering the ring. A weary Brian Kendrick stood and applauded Liger as The Jung Dragons, Paul London, J.R. Ryder and Quiet Storm appeared at the entranceway, joining his sentiment in saluting the new champion.

O-Town Becomes X-Town:

Jushin Liger defeats Elix Skipper.

- Overall Rating: 78%

- Crowd Reaction: 69%

- Match Quality: 88%

K-Krush defeats Quiet Storm.

- Crowd Reaction: 57%

- Match Quality: 83%

A video package hypes Ken Shamrock's return.

- Overall Rating: 57%

- Ken Shamrock lost overness from this segment.

Dory Funk Jr. books two matches for Bash on South Beach.

- Overall Rating: 62%

- Taiyo Kea gained overness from this segment.

Brian Kendrick defeats Michael Shane.

- Overall Rating: 76%

- Crowd Reaction: 61%

- Match Quality: 92%

Jeff Jarrett, The Extreme Horsemen, The Harris Twins & Barry Windham send Sting a message.

- Overall Rating: 80%

The Amazing Red defeats Terry Funk.

- Crowd Reaction: 65%

- Match Quality: 75%

Dos Locos defeat The Rock 'N' Roll Express.

- Overall Rating: 78%

- Crowd Reaction: 72%

- Match Quality: 85%

- Psicosis debuted his new "luchadore" gimmick, it got a positive response.

Jushin Liger defeats Brian Kendrick and K-Krush.

- Overall Rating: 81%

- Crowd Reaction: 76%

- Match Quality: 86%

- The NWA X-Division Title has gained in image.

Overall Rating: 72%

- Buyrate: 0.17

- Attendance: 2,741

- The Amazing Red: "Terry Funk and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Brian Kendrick? I think our styles would really work well together."

Thanks for reading. :)

NWATNA.com

Saturday, August 17th, 2002

Next: Bash on South Beach

By Bill Banks

After crowning the inaugural NWA X-Division Champion, you won't want to miss the fallout when NWATNA comes to Miami this Wednesday night! With just one week to go before Bunkhouse Stampede, quite possibly the most pivotal event in NWATNA history, how will things fall into place? Considering that anyone who loses a match will be out of the Bunkhouse Stampede, the quest for the NWA World Title begins in Miami!

If Jerry Lynn can defeat Steve Corino, he can destroy Corino and Jeff Jarrett's conspiracy before it even begins! However, if Corino can pick up the victory, this twisted alliance will have eliminated one of their most perilous threats. To say this match will have HUGE ramifications towards the NWA Title picture would be an understatement.

However, Jeff Jarrett, despite not being an entrant in the 30-man match, will also have to compete, going one-on-one with Taiyo Kea, the man he attacked two weeks ago at ThunderStrike. Kea will not only be out to preserve his spot in the match, but also to exact revenge on Jarrett!

Plus, with growing concerns about the various alliances in NWATNA ruining the spirited competition of the Stampede, NWA Championship Committee member Dory Funk Jr. has announced that one tag team in NWATNA will be chosen at random and forced to go head-to-head! This means a wrestler will be either eliminated from Bunkhouse Stampede... or eliminate his partner!

All this and much more will occur as the road to Tampa and the Bunkhouse Stampede winds down. Do not miss Bash on South Beach this Wednesday and remember to check out NWATNA action each and every Wednesday night! See you August 21st!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 21st, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: Bash on South Beach

By Jimmy Kirk

"Welcome to Miami, the site for NWATNA action!" Mike Tenay said, "Tonight, you're going to see an incredible two hours of wrestling action as we count the minutes until Bunkhouse Stampede and the realization of the first NWA Title match! Tonight is a pivotal night as wrestlers who lose their matches will be denied entrance to the 30-man over the top rope 'come as you are' brawl! Don West, tonight there's no turning back!"

"Mike, these matches have so much at stake," Don West said, "Think about it. Jerry Lynn versus Steve Corino in our main event. If Lynn wins, the whole conspiracy between The Extreme Horsemen and Jeff Jarrett is done! What about Jarrett himself? He's going to go head-to-head with Taiyo Kea. A loss for Jarrett tonight will really affect him as he prepares to take on Sting's mystery opponent."

"Right now, it's a mental game," Tenay said, "Jarrett has no idea who he'll be facing in Tampa next week. With a shot at the NWA Title on the line, he's proven he'll do anything to win... even join forces with the diabolical Extreme Horsemen. If he loses to Taiyo Kea here tonight, there's absolutely no way he'll be in the proper frame of mind to win that match."

"And because the NWA Championship Committee is cracking down, if Jarrett or Corino even so much as watch each other's match from less than a reasonable distance... they'll be fired!" Don West added, "Jarrett's tried to stack the deck, but those cards may come tumbling down on him here tonight! You're just minutes away from the action, folks! Do whatever it is you need to do to be a part of it! Mike and I will be back next week for live coverage from Tampa as the NWA Title match is decided!"

With that, the shot cut to backstage where Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino were spotted walking down a hallway. Jarrett had a guitar slung over his shoulder as he marched with purpose, while Corino talked to him, struggling to keep up. "Jeff, stop!" Corino said, "Look, we don't have to do this. We can go talk to Johnny, man. He'll tell us exactly who Sting's pick is going to be. He knows, Jeff."

"What makes you think you can trust him?" Jarrett said, "He'd lie to you. I just know it. When I agreed to this, I agreed to team up with The Extreme Horsemen. Is Johnny Swinger an Extreme Horseman?" Corino shook his head as he sighed in frustration. "Exactly," Jarrett continued, "We're doing this my way or no way, Steve. Are you with me?"

"I'm with you, Jeff," Corino said, "Fine. Let's do it." The two continued walking for a short time, then stopped in front of a door marked "Jerry Lynn". Corino knocked on the door, then moved out of the way as Jarrett took aim with the guitar. "Open up, Jerry!" he shouted, "I've got something for you!"

The door opened... as did Jarrett's mouth. He dropped the guitar and looked on in shock as Ken Shamrock opened the door, staring at him intensely. As Ken stood in the doorway, from behind walked Dory Funk Jr. "Ah, I was expecting you a little earlier," Funk said, "You looking for Jerry? He's not in at the moment. Oh... but I believe you remember Ken, don't you? You know... the guy you put out of action?"

"What are you up to?" Corino asked. Ken shot him a menacing glare, then returned his focus to Jarrett. "Simple," Dory said, "You see, I knew the two of you weren't going to be able to resist interfering in each other's affairs here tonight. That's why I've brought Ken here. Tonight, during both of your matches, he will serve as the special 'troubleshooting' referee!"

"I know I told you any interference would result in you getting fired, but I don't put above you to hang one of your many lackeys out to dry," Funk said, "Ken will just be there to make sure everything goes down fair and square." Jarrett and Corino began protesting, but Funk quickly cut them off. "Get the hell out of here!" he shouted, "You two have matches to prepare for!" The terrible twosome ignored Funk's demands, but a threatening lunge forward by Shamrock sent them running off to reorganize their strategy.

That certainly was the idea, Steve, though this alliance will take a few big turns very early on before both men's ultimate plan is realized. Glad you enjoyed though.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 21st, 2002

Dangerous Details: Bash on South Beach

By "Danger" Will Riker

A shot of the Miami crowd revealed a feverish electricity coursed through the arena as NWATNA action was set to begin. Mike Tenay and Don West greeted the crowd, thanking them for being a part of the historic night."Before our show began, backstage there was a random drawing featuring all of NWATNA's tag teams," Tenay said, "It was ordered by committee chairman Dory Funk Jr. who is desperate to put a stop to gang warfare here in NWATNA. One team, chosen at random will go head-to-head with only the winner advancing to next week's Bunkhouse Stampede. Here now, it's time we learn the identity of that team!"

KAZ HAYASHI vs. YANG

Both members of The Jung Dragons walked out to the ring together, but quickly moved to opposite corners upon entering it. "This should be an interesting match-up," West said, "These two know each other so incredibly well. There's not going to be a lot one can do to surprise the other. Both men know their participation in the Bunkhouse Stampede, which is a direct shot at the NWA World Title, is at stake. Friendship is one thing, but the only rule in the Stampede is every man for himself."

Both men were leery to lock up, neither wanting to make a mistake on which his partner would surely capitalize. Kaz held up his hand, asking Yang for a test of strength. Yang, perhaps the victim of youthful inexperience, obliged... only to be taken down by Kaz with a double leg takedown! Yang quickly kipped up, but Kaz forced him right back down, going to work on the legs. He tied Yang up in a leg grapevine and began hammering his knee with hard shots. Fortunately for Yang, he was close enough to the ropes to force the break.

Both men returned to a vertical base, but Hayashi remained aggressive, blistering Yang with knife-edge chops. Kaz scored with a spinning kick to the face, then garnered a two count before pulling Yang to his feet. Hayashi attempted a sweeping kick... but Yang jumped to avoid it, then cracked Kaz with a harsh kick of his own. Yang delivered a standing moonsault to his fallen partner, but Hayashi kicked out at two. "This is like watching a live-action Bruce Lee movie!" West exclaimed.

Yang whipped Kaz into the corner, then ran up him and backflipped off his chest, landing in center ring. As he landed, his knee buckled a bit. He charged for a second flip... but ran straight into a Hayashi superkick! As Yang staggered back, Kaz spun him around and cinched in a cross-face chickenwing on him. The referee stepped in, asking Yang if he wished to give up. Yang refused... but Kaz bridged back and suplexed Yang right on his head and neck! Still holding on to the hold, Kaz rolled Yang to his stomach and began pulling up, stretching Yang in a chickenwing clutch. Yang had no other choice but to use his free hand to tap out.

"Kaz Hayashi with a big win!" Tenay said, "It must be bittersweet, considering he ended his partner's chance at becoming NWA Champion... but Hayashi's dream lives on!" Kaz saluted the appreciative crowd as Yang slowly got to his feet. Though he couldn't hide the pain from the vicious submission hold, Yang joined the crowd in applauding Hayashi. Yang extended his hand to Hayashi, but Hayashi continued to wave to the crowd. He then left the ring, never once turning back to face his defeated friend.

WINNER: Kaz Hayashi via submission at 10:52

"Unfortunately for that man, Yang," Tenay began as Yang shook his head in discouragement and followed Hayashi out, "His opportunity in the Bunkhouse Stampede is over. He will not be the new NWA World Champion." "Not necessarily," West said, "We still don't know who Sting's choice to face Jeff Jarrett is. I'm not saying it's Yang, but right now, he's got as good a chance as anyone. Folks, right now, we're going to send it backstage to the newest member of the NWATNA family, Eric Shaffer. Eric, take it away."

Standing backstage, donning a dapper suit, stood 34-year-old Eric Shaffer, the new backstage interviewer for NWATNA. "Thanks, Mike and Don," Shaffer said, "Allow me to introduce my guests at this time, joined by their new ally, Psicosis, here are Super Crazy and Juventud Guerrera... Dos Locos!" On cue, the three sauntered over to Shaffer, smiling proudly and chatting to one another in Spanish.

"Gentlemen, thank you," Shaffer said, "Last week, the world watched in horror as you collectively put legendary tag team wrestlers Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson through a table. Tell me... what went through your minds as this occurred?" Suddenly, the conversation stopped and the three luchadores looked at each other in bewilderment.

"Yo, you talkin' to me, mang?" Juvi asked. Shaffer nodded... then Juvi grabbed him in a headlock and ruffled his neat hairdo. "I just playing," Juvi said, "I know you was talkin' to me, mang. You askin' what we was thinking? Chingado, nosotros son locos! We don't think! We just do it, ese! We livin' la vida loca all the time, man!"

"I apologize," Shaffer said, "I don't speak spanish." Juvi looked at his partners, then back at Eric. "Say what?" he said, "I was talkin' ingles, fool! Ay, gringo estupido! No hablas espanol pues tienes trabaja." Juvi snatched the microphone away from Shaffer, then shoved him out of the way. "Just listen up," he said, "All you need to know is this. Dos Locos is now TRES LOCOS, ese! We got the most loco vato in all Mexico, Psicosis, to watch our back. Now, our next stop is Bunkhouse Stampede... where I'm going to win a shot at the NWA Title, mang."

At this comment, Crazy and Psicosis began angrily shouting in Spanish and shoving Juvi. Juvi shoved them back and three began a loud, unintelligible argument over which of them would be triumphant in the match. The argument continued as the trio walked off, leaving a disheveled Shaffer alone to pick up the microphone. "Mike, Don," he said, "Back to you... uh... amigos?"

Despite Eric's cue, the scene didn't shift back to Tenay and West in the broadcast booth, but rather to Dory Funk Jr.'s office where The Amazing Red was shouting angrily. "It's a bunch of crap!" Red said, "You bring in your crazy brother to chase me out and deny me my X-Division Title match! Such bull! I demand a shot next week at Jushin Liger! You know I deserve it! I should've been in that title match and you know it!"

"What I know is... you should be out of a job!" Funk replied, "You got exactly what you deserved last week, Red. You forfeited your opportunity to be in the title match when you left the arena. Nobody took it from you. You gave it up." Red scoffed. "Gave it up?" he said, "I was running for my life! This is a bunch of crap, Funk, and you know it!"

"Tell it to Rey Misterio Jr.," Dory said, "He also deserved to be a part of that night, every bit as much as you did." Funk's comment stunned Red, who paused for a moment, trying to come up with a decent counterpoint. "Okay," Red said, "You're right. However... if it was Rey Misterio Jr. who walked in this door, asking for the title shot that he earned, what would you say to him? You wouldn't give him the crap you're giving me, Funk! You'd say he deserves the match and give it to him, no questions asked."

"You really want to know what I'd say if Rey walked in that door right now?" Funk said, peering intently into Red's eyes, "I'd tell him I was sorry. I'd tell him I was damn sorry that I allowed what happened to him happen. I'd tell him I was sorry I let you do what you did to him, you son of a bitch!" Red furrowed his brow in anger and clenched his fist as Funk continued. "I'd also say... that opportunity has passed him by," he said, "If Rey Misterio Jr. wanted an X-Division Title match, I'd make him earn it by beating the number-one contender. That's exactly what I'm going to make you do, Red. Get out there. You're up next."

Back at the broadcast booth, Tenay and West narrated a highlight package of last week's X-Division Title match, ending with the coronation of Jushin Liger as the first NWA X-Division Champion on record. After the video, Brian Kendrick's music hit and out limped the lovable fan-favorite to a raucous ovation. "This kid is just amazing," West said, "He nearly killed himself to earn an NWATNA contract, took beatings week after week both in the ring and out of it, got a chain to the face from Michael Shane and STILL he came within an eyelash of winning that X-Division Title. This kid's just tough!"

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. THE AMAZING RED

Kendrick ducked Red's spinning kick, then charged the ropes and bounced off, nailing him with a flying back elbow smash. He made the cover, but Red was far from finished. Kendrick immediately latched on a tight chinlock, trying to keep the daring high-flyer on the mat, but after a few moments, Red was able to break free and get to his feet, Red took Brian down with a quick flying headscissors, then wrapped his legs around Kendrick's head and began squeezing away.

Kendrick allowed his shoulders to touch canvas twice, resulting in a pair of two-counts from referee Scott Armstrong. Red reached down and peeled Kendrick's bandage off, then drove a few hard knees into his forehead, trying to bust open the stitches he had received just seven days before. Red released his headscissor, then got up and began grinding his foot into Kendrick's face, demoralizing him and inciting the wrath of the crowd. "Screw you!" Red shouted out to all of Miami, then sized Kendrick up for an elbowdrop. Luckily for Kendrick, he was able to roll out of the way and avoid the contact.

Kendrick crawled to the ropes, but the sadistic Red hovered over him and gouged at his forehead, clawing at the open wound in his forehead until once again blood flowed from it. Red grabbed Kendrick's foot and dragged him back towards the center of the ring... but Kendrick used his arms to propel up up to his free foot, then nailed Red with a hard enzuigiri, clocking him in the back of the head! As Red collapsed, Kendrick quickly made the cover, but was only able to get two.

Kendrick tried again, only getting a one count, before returning to his feet and mounting an offense. As soon as Red got up, Kendrick spiked him with a running tornado DDT, then got a very close two count as a result. Kendrick pulled Red up and whipped him across the ring to the ropes, then launched a dropkick at him. Red instinctively grabbed the ropes, stopping his forward momentum and sending Kendrick crashing down to the mat. Red quickly went for the Red Star Press... but Kendrick moved! Kendrick finally ended the series of dodged moves by grabbing Red's head, then diving over the top rope, throttling his foe throat-first on the top rope!

As Red hit the deck, Kendrick wasted little time scaling the ropes, looking to deliver the final bow. "This his chance!" West cried out, "Here it... wait a second! What's he doing out here?!" As the referee checked on Red... K-Krush darted out from backstage and shoved Kendrick off the top rope, sending him crashing head-first to the mat, leaving a bloody smudge across the canvas. "No!" West exclaimed, "K-Krush will not let this grudge end! I thought it might have been over after last week, but it seems I was wrong."

Red slowly got to his feet, then delivered the standing shooting star and pinned Kendrick, ending the hotly contested bout on an extremely sour note. "It's a double whammy for Brian Kendrick," Mike Tenay said, "Not only did K-Krush cost him the shot at the X-Division Title, he cost him entry into the Bunkhouse Stampede. He cost Kendrick potentially two titles!" "Mike," Don said, "Look at him. He's a bloody mess. I think this feud with K-Krush has taken it's toll on him in more ways than the won-loss column. As long as K-Krush has his way, Brian Kendrick will never succeed here in NWATNA!"

WINNER: The Amazing Red via pinfall at 21:15

As Kendrick was carried out to a standing ovation, clips of the Taiyo Kea/Steve Corino match from August 7th were shown, depicting Jeff Jarrett smashing a guitar over Kea's head, costing him the match. Backstage, Steve Corino watched on the monitor as Ken Shamrock assumed his position just outside the curtain after the wrestlers had made their entrances. Corino was joined by fellow Extreme Horsemen C.W. Anderson and Tully Blanchard as well as Jarrett's cronies, Barry Windham and The Harris Twins. The group watched nervously as the bell sounded.

JEFF JARRETT vs. TAIYO KEA

SPECIAL "TROUBLESHOOTING" REFEREE: Ken Shamrock

"Don't piss me off!" Jarrett shouted at Billy Silverman, the referee for the bout. Jarrett locked up with Kea, then headbutted him... but suffered perhaps more from the move than did his victim. Jarrett quickly broke off the contact and ducked out of the ring, rubbing his forehead. After receiving an eight-count, Jarrett returned and locked up again, this time opting for an armwringer.

Jarrett worked over Kea's arm... then pulled him in close and set him up for the Stroke! As Jarrett prepared to drop Kea, Kea slipped out of his grip and sent Jarrett falling face-first into the mat... then delivered a double stomp to the back of his head! Jarrett got to his feet, more frustrated than physically hurt... but Kea blasted him with a vicious lariat, turning him inside out! "Wow!" West said, as Jarrett rolled out of the ring, "If Jarrett didn't suffer brain damage on that, he needs to really start rethinking his strategy!"

Jarrett stumbled around ringside, obviously very dazed from the blow. Kea, growing tired of Jarrett's stalling, left the ring and chased him around ringside. once he finally caught Jeff, he battered him with a series of stiff chops, turning his chest an ugly shade of red! As Jarrett staggered away from the guard rail... Kea nailed with with yet another lariat, knocking him up and over into the front row!

As per Silverman's instructions, Kea returned to the ring, followed moments later by a beer and popcorn-covered Jarrett, who cast a few more aspersions at the crowd before reentering the ring. Jarrett walked towards Kea and threw a punch, but Kea easily ducked it, then scooped Jarrett up and slammed him onto the mat. Kea pulled Jarrett to a seated position by the hair, then kneeled behind him and hooked on a full nelson.

"This match has been all Taiyo Kea," Tenay quipped as the referee asked Jarrett if he wished to submit. Jarrett refused and tried to work his way back up to his feet, but Kea kept immense pressure on him with the hold, keeping him down on the mat. As Kea cranked away, Jarrett's arms flailed, eventually grazing against Kea's face with his thumb going into his eye. Kea immediately broke the hold and backed away, giving Jarrett his first real break of the match.

Jarrett moved in to capitalize... but Taiyo scooped him up onto his shoulders! "He's going for the Hawaiian Crush!" Tenay said as Kea prepared to drop Jarrett with his version of the TKO. As Kea shifted his weight, Jarrett jabbed him with a few sharp elbows to the head, causing him to lean forward. Jarrett slipped free and moved to Kea's side... then scored with the Stroke! "One! Two! Three! It's over!" Tenay said, "Jarrett, by hook or by crook, gets the victory." Backstage, Corino and company cheered the victory and applauded the monitor as Jarrett made his way backstage. "Hey, Shamrock," Jarrett said, just before stepping through the curtain, "Choke on that."

WINNER: Jeff Jarrett via pinfall at 8:35

"Taiyo Kea is now out of contention for..." Tenay began, then got cut off as a video package suddenly began. Loud rock music played as clips of various NWATNA highlights aired, featuring daring aerial stunts, crushing high-impact moves and guitar and chair shots galore. "The superstars of NWATNA can walk the walk," a voice said, "But can they talk... the talk?" The music suddenly shifted to the familiar beat of The Honky Tonk Man's theme!

As Honky danced on screen and strummed the guitar, the narrator said "September 18th, Honky Talk is back for a whole new season. Get the gossip straight from the horse's mouth as he asks the honky honky burnin' questions the NWATNA stars are afraid to answer." Honky stopped dancing and pointed at the screen and said "If there's something going on in NWATNA, I'll get to the bottom of it... each and every Friday night." "He means Wednesday," the narrator corrected.

"Honky Talk, don't miss the season premiere on September 18th!" the narrator concluded, then immediately fired into rapid-fire speech as the words "This has been a paid advertisement by The Honky Tonk Man. It does not represent the views of NWATNA, its performers, staff or any other employee or anyone else anywhere else ever in history ever... including this announcer" scrolled rapidly across the bottom of the screen. With the commercial finished, the scene cut back to the broadcast booth... where Mike and Don had an unexpected guest.

"This is bullshit!" Michael Shane shouted into a microphone as he stood over Mike Tenay, "NWATNA officials, this is your last warning! You keep RoH out of NWATNA... or I walk! I mean it! After what happened last week, I have just cause to expect a fair chance here in NWATNA!" "So did the RoH wrestlers!" Tenay shouted, "They deserved the opportunity to succeed here as well. Your constant interference caused all this, Michael. You got what you deserve!"

"Shut up," Shane snapped back, "I'm serious. If even one more RoH wrestler is allowed to compete here in NWATNA... this will be the last time you see Michael Shane!" The crowd cheered wildly, then began chanting "goodbye". "I'm not messing around!" Shane said, "RoH and the 'code of honor' is nothing but a cancer! RoH wants all the wrestlers in the world to be best friends. They want to eliminate the competitive edge that sets NWATNA above and beyond the rest! Most of all... they want to hold me back!"

Shane continued his tirade, when suddenly... a voice said "Enough." High up in the stands stood Low-Ki! Over his shoulder was draped the RoH Title, while he held a microphone. "Michael Shane," he said, "Just stop. Your rambling isn't impressing anyone. what happened last week... it shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have sunk to your level, Shane. I disgraced myself and I disgraced the 'code of honor', the core by which RoH is built around. I demeaned not only myself, but every RoH wrestler... as well as this belt."

"I come here tonight with a request," he said, "I want to restore the dignity this title deserves... as well as teach you exactly what the 'code of honor' is about. It doesn't eliminate competition, it glorifies it. It demands every wrestler conduct themselves in a way to provide their opponent the best challenge possible. I could continue, but it's obvious you'll never learn by being told. You need to learn first-hand! Next week, I challenge you to a match for this championship!"

Shane smirked. "Your belt?" he said, "I don't want your belt. Like you said yourself, that belt means nothing. The belt means nothing because RoH means nothing. No, Low-Ki... you're going to have to put something better on the line. Something like... the 'code of honor'! If I leave Tampa with that RoH Title, then the 'code of honor' becomes null and void! No more holding back the future legends of this sport because they won't play by your rules!"

"I accept," Ki said after a long pause, "As the Ring of Honor champion, it's my duty to uphold the code however I must. Michael Shane, beware. It is not the size of the fighter you must fear, but rather the size of the fight he will bring. I promise you, after our match next week, you will stand and shake my hand. I will teach you to respect not just me, but the 'code of honor'... by beating that respect into you! All you can do... is be ready." With that, Low-Ki turned his back to Shane and walked out.

"I've got a lesson for you, too!" Shane called back, "When you're Michael Shane... everyone, and everything, else just sucks! See you next week, loser!" Shane slung the microphone at Mike Tenay and made his departure as well. "If Bunkhouse Stampede wasn't already stacked enough, it is now!" Tenay said, "Jeff Jarrett versus Sting's choice, the X-Division Title match, now an RoH Title match... not to mention the Stampede itself! Tampa will be electric next week!"

JERRY LYNN vs. STEVE CORINO

SPECIAL "TROUBLESHOOTING" REFEREE: Ken Shamrock

Lynn and Corino locked up, grappling to establish control of the match. Lynn hooked on a headlock and took Corino to the mat, but Corino slowly battled his way back and dropped Lynn with a back suplex, slamming him straight down on the back of his head. A dazed Lynn got back up, but took Corino's knee right in the gut. Corino positioned Lynn for his own cradle piledriver finisher, but Lynn countered it mid-stream and took Corino down with a huracanrana.

Lynn scored with a dropkick, then picked up a near fall. Corino got up, but fell victim to another dropkick and near fall. Again, Corino got up, but was taken straight down with an armbar. Backstage, Jeff Jarrett and associates were shown, screaming at the monitor, begging for Corino to change the complexion of the bout. Corino reached the ropes, breaking the hold... but Jerry Lynn stood up and called for his finisher!

Lynn threw a boot to Corino's gut, but the self-proclaimed "new Nature Boy" caught it! He quickly hooked Lynn up and took him down with a fisherman's suplex, getting a close two count. Undaunted, Lynn returned to the attack, whipping Corino to the turnbuckle. He charged in, but Corino got the foot up, jarring him. Corino moved in for the kill, looking for the Old School Expulsion neckbreaker variation. Lynn quickly rotated around and hoisted Corino up for a northern lights suplex, but Corino prevented Lynn from bridging him over, keeping a tight front face lock applied. Lynn merely shifted position again, swooping underneath Corino and hoisting him up for the TKO!

As Lynn held Corino in the air, he accidentally swung Corino's legs into the face of referee Mickey Jay seconds before splattering Corino onto the canvas! "Lynn's got the cover, but the ref is down!" Tenay said, "Here come the cavalry!" C.W. Anderson rushed out from behind the curtain, sprinting towards the ring. Unfortunately for him... Shamrock intercepted, decking C.W. with a hard right cross! Tully Blanchard suffered the same fate as he tried to come down, but was hurled to the ground by the troubleshooter.

"Lynn's calling Shamrock to the ring!" West exclaimed, "He has the authority! He can make it official!" Shamrock hustled down the aisle to the ring where Lynn still lay atop the lifeless leader of The Extreme Horsemen. Shamrock climbed into the ring... then pulled Lynn up by the hair! "What the hell?!" West cried out as Ken grabbed Lynn and drove him down with a brutal belly-to-belly suplex!

Shamrock, like a pitbull, held on and pulled Lynn up, then drove him down again. After a third suplex, he finally released Lynn. "What is wrong with Ken Shamrock?" West asked as he tore the black and white referee shirt off... then applied the dreaded anklelock! Lynn screamed in pain as Ken ripped away at his foot, while the Miami crowd watched on stunned silence.

With a final loud, angry scream, Ken released the hold and left the ring, escorted out by a chorus of boos. "Mike, I don't believe what I just saw," West said, "Shamrock and Lynn were once tag team partners. I know they were never exactly best friends, but... there's got to be more to this story than how it looks." Left in the ring, three men lay on the canvas, beginning to stir and pull themselves up. Lynn was up first, hobbling on his damaged ankle... right into a superkick by the exhausted Corino! Corino collapsed onto Lynn as a weary Mickey Jay registered the fall.

WINNER: Steve Corino via pinfall at 18:18

"No... no... NO!" West shouted, keeping time with Jay's count, "Dammit! Jerry Lynn is out of the Bunkhouse Stampede, all thanks to Ken Shamrock. I really just can't believe this." Anderson and Blanchard, having recovered from their attack, came down to the ring and celebrated with Corino as the ring announcer made it official. "Fans, we're out of time," Tenay said, "Thank you for joining us tonight. Be sure to be a part of Bunkhouse Stampede next week in Tampa! For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay wishing you all a good night!" Just before the show went off the air, a brief shot of backstage was shown... revealing Jeff Jarrett, standing before a monitor, laughing hysterically.

Bash On South Beach:

Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino learn Ken Shamrock is the special outside troubleshooter for their matches.

Kaz Hayashi defeats Yang.

- Crowd Reaction: 44%

- Match Quality: 97%

Tres Locos discuss their strategy for the Bunkhouse Stampede.

- Overall Rating: 83%

Dory Funk Jr. books the X-Division #1 Contender's match.

The Amazing Red defeats Brian Kendrick.

- Overall Rating: 86%

- Crowd Reaction: 72%

- Match Quality: 100%

Jeff Jarrett defeats Taiyo Kea.

- Overall Rating: 72%

- Crowd Reaction: 65%

- Match Quality: 80%

- Taiyo Kea didn't sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

A video package hypes the retirn of "Honky Talk".

- Overall Rating: 80%

Low-Ki agrees to defend the RoH Title against Michael Shane.

- Overall Rating: 68%

- Low-Ki gained overness from this segment.

- Michael Shane gained overness from this segment.

Steve Corino defeats Jerry Lynn.

- Overall Rating: 81%

- Crowd Reaction: 78%

- Match Quality: 84%

- Ken Shamrock's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

- Ken Shamrock gained overness from this turn.

Overall Rating: 75%

- Buyrate: 0.16

- Attendance: 2,746

- Steve Corino: "I think I should be higher up the card."

- Jeff Jarrett: "Taiyo Kea was working too stiffly, I could have been badly hurt."

Well you must have done better this time, because I didn't see the Shamrock turn coming at all. But it raises the question: Who is he backing? When this fragile alliance splinters, will Ken follow Jarrett or Corino?

I really loved the Ki promo, that sounded just like him. I don't know about anyone else, but in 2003 when he had a match against AJ for the NWA title, it was the first I'd heard him talk, and after it was over I wanted him to win it just because of his voice. It's almost unnatural sounding.

I'm really not finding myself care much about K-Krush and Kendrick's feud. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I end up paying more attention to Corino (big surprise), but it just isn't coming off as well as it should. Then again, I may be crazy.

I kind of agree with SC on the point about the Kendick/Krush fued. While I liked the concept in the beginning, it seems that too much is focused on development through attacks rather then anything else. Maybe a few interviews...Kendrick playing some jokes on Krush in the back or something could get me liking this more.

On the other hand, I am really enjoying the whole alliance thing that is going on. I'm not a big fan of Shamrock joining, but then again, I never saw it coming which is a good thing. Jarrett and Corino to me are gold. I love them both in real life, and in this diary I find that I'm liking them just as well.

Now on another negative note, I feel that you're basing a whole lot of your time on this one story and not really building up the others. Sure the Red story is going but it seems to be on a lull right now. Shane and Ki is going to be good, but I can't help but feel that Shane is going to lose due to a storyline for another fed. I mean TNA can't stipulate that the "Code Of Honor" goes away, so I think it's kind of a moot point.

For the most part this is still a really solid diary and it's still one of my favourite.

Excellent. Lots of fair criticism there, guys. :) I'm glad to see the Shamrock turn wasn't as totally predictable as the Tully turn was. Serves me right for thinking Tully could EVER be a face, even for a minute. Steve, I always thought Ki sounded like a pissed-off Kermit The Frog. I'll agree with the sentiments about Krush/Kendrick, but I'll also say this one is far from over too. Basically, Krush is pulling a big bully act on the lovable BK and, I guess, doing it too much. I think you'll be surprised how Shane/Ki turns out, Tristan. Don't want to give too much away though. Thanks for y'all's continued support. It's much appreciated. :)

NWATNA.com

Saturday, August 24th, 2002

Next: Bunkhouse Stampede 2002

By Bill Banks

The wait is finally over! After this Wednesday night, fans across the globe will learn who will go one one one to determine the new NWA World Champion at the 54th anniversary show!

One of the participants will be the winner of the 30-man over the top rope "come as you are" Bunkhouse Stampede. Already Jerry Lynn, Taiyo Kea, Brian Kendrick and Yang of The Jung Dragons have been eliminated from possibly earning that spot, but there will be 29 more dreams crushed as one man ascends to the top.

Whoever wins the Bunkhouse Stampede will face the winner of the co-main event between Jeff Jarrett and an opponent of Sting's choice. Jarrett, like everyone else, still doesn't know the identity of his opponent, but if the strange events of last Wednesday are any indication... expect Jarrett to be ready with a plan.

After the shocking turn of events in the Steve Corino/Jerry Lynn match, Ken Shamrock has some serious explaining to do. What possessed the former UFC champion to betray his former ally and assist Corino? Hopefully, the answers will come this Wednesday night.

Not one, but two titles will be at stake as well. Low-Ki will defend the RoH Title against Michael Shane, a man committed to destroying the "code of honor". The code itself will be at stake, because if Shane wins, Ring of Honor must put an end to use of the code. However, if Low-Ki wins, Michael Shane must abide by the code and shake Ki's hand.

Plus, Jushin Liger defends the NWA X-Division Title against The Amazing Red to kick off the incredible event! Never before has so much been at stake in one night. Don't miss NWATNA's Bunkhouse Stampede live this Wednesday from Tampa, Florida available only on pay-per-view!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 28th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: Bunkhouse Stampede 2002

By Jimmy Kirk

"Fans, I'm live backstage here in Tampa, just ten minutes before the Bunkhouse Stampede is set to go on the air," Eric Shaffer said, "Right now, NWATNA stars are gathering here to select numbers at random, which will determine at what point they'll enter. Keep in mind, with thirty stars all battling for a chance to be in the NWA Title match just eight weeks from tonight, the luck of the draw is crucial. I'm hoping to get the inside info on the lucky man who picks that number 30."

Just then... up walked Jeff Jarrett and his crew! "Move aside, Eric Shaffer!" Jarrett shouted, "We've got to pick, slapnut!" Jarrett's cronies stepped right to the front of the line and selected their numbers. Just then... Ken Shamrock joined them! "Oh, Mr. Shamrock!" Shaffer exclaimed, "Can I get a word with you please?!" Shamrock ignored him and moved to select his number. "Leave him alone," Jarrett said, "He's busy. If you want an exclusive interview, get one with me. Tonight, I'm taking on Sting's mystery opponent. Why don't you ask me if I'm nervous? Why don't you ask me what my strategy is? Why don't you ask me exactly what I'm going to do moments after I win that match? I'll tell you. I go right into training for the big NWA Title match."

"Same here, Jeff," Steve Corino said, "Take a look at my field of competition here. Now, if guys like The Harris Twins and Barry Windham weren't on my side, I might be nervous. If guys like the Enforcer and the mastermind Tully Blanchard didn't have my back, I might be nervous. Face it. The deck is stacked against everyone tonight. Everyone... except me. The Bunkhouse Stampede? It's merely a formality. I won it weeks ago when I joined forces with Jeff Jarrett. Everyone who could dare beat me is already on my side! Taiyo Kea? Jerry Lynn? They're already out! Even Ken Shamrock is on my side! This match is over. This number I selected... it means nothing."

"Mr. Shamrock," Shaffer said, "Please can I have a comment? Last week, you attacked your own tag team partner to help Steve Corino. Is it true? Are you aligned with this conspiracy?" C.W. Anderson quickly punched Eric in the arm. "Conspiracy?!" Jarrett said, "This isn't a conspiracy. A conspiracy was when the NWA Championship Committee allowed Sting to put whoever he wants in a match with me. A conspiracy was when they didn't just GIVE the title to 'the chosen one'! A conspiracy..."

Jarrett was cut off when Shamrock reached in and grabbed the microphone. "You want a comment?" he said, looking at Shaffer, "You want to know why I did what I did last week? Fine. It's simple. I came to NWATNA to prove something to the world. Ken Shamrock... is a winner. When Jerry and I teamed up and I got hurt, it was really hard. It was hard because I was forced to actually look at things."

"You see, over the past few weeks, it's become clear to me," Shamrock said, "You can't succeed here in NWATNA without a plan. Look at Jeff Jarrett. He's been untouchable here. Look at Steve Corino. Look at the group they have built. Winners, every one of them. I figure, if you can't beat 'em... join 'em. Jerry Lynn, being the toughest... being the fastest, the strongest... it's just not good enough. You need to have a plan, Jerry. You don't... which is why you're a loser."

"I'm not a loser," Ken said, "I'm a winner. I'm a winner, dammit! I'M A WINNER!" As Shamrock screamed he leaned forward, every muscle in his body tensing up. Jarrett patted him on the back and tried to calm him down. "Easy, Ken," he said, "You see, Eric? Ken Shamrock knows the score now. He's up to speed. Tonight is the most pivotal night in NWATNA history. Tonight is the night that we show the championship committee who has the true power here!"

With that, the group left, allowing the number drawing ceremony to continue. "Fans, we're out of time for this preshow event," Eric said, "In moments, Mike and Don will take over, guiding you through two hours of the most exciting wrestling programming available today. Next week, our 'HeatStroke' summer tour of Florida comes to an end. Until then, this is Eric Shaffer imploring you... don't miss the Bunkhouse Stampede live in seconds!"

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, August 28th, 2002

Dangerous Details: Bunkhouse Stampede 2002

By "Danger" Will Riker

"Welcome to Tampa, Florida, the site of the first-ever NWATNA Bunkhouse Stampede! I'm Mike Tenay, alongside Don West and tonight we are going to answer the question... who will be in that epic NWA Title match eight short weeks from tonight!" Mike Tenay to kick off the broadcast, "30 men battle it out in our main event, Jeff Jarrett takes on Sting's special mystery opponent... plus two titles will be decided! Let's waste no time kicking this thing off with our X-Division Title match!"

NWA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH

JUSHIN LIGER (champion) vs. THE AMAZING RED

Red started off aggressively shoving Liger, but Liger quickly answered back with a roundhouse kick! Liger grabbed Red's wrist and dropped him with a short arm clothesline... then pulled him up and dropped him again! Liger did this three more times, causing Red to take five rapid-fire clotheslines in succession. Finally, Liger made a cover, driving his forearm across Red's face in the process. Red managed to kick out at two.

Red managed to take control after ducking a forearm shot and poking the eyehole in Liger's mask, then shifting the headgear to obscure Liger's vision. Red rocked Liger with some punches, then dropkicked his knee, taking him down. Red dropped a few elbows across the leg before making a cover for two. As Liger continued to fumble with his mask, Red arrogantly punched and kicked at him, flaunting his advantage. "Red's giving the signal!" Tenay said, "It looks like he's setting up for Code Red!"

Red hopped onto Liger's back, preparing to hit the flip powerbomb. Just then... Liger backed towards the ropes and stood up, dumping Red over the top to the floor! At last, Liger readjusted his mask... but Red climbed onto the apron and bounced off the top rope, looking for a springboard huracanarana. He caught's Liger's head with his legs... but Liger stayed vertical! He dropped Red's back onto the top rope, springing him up... then spun around and charged, driving him down with the running Liger bomb! That was all she wrote.

WINNER & STILL NWA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: Jushin Liger via pinfall at 7:42

"Incredible!" Don West said, "Jushin Liger successfully retains the X-Division championship! This could just be the start for Liger, though. Later tonight, you'll see both he and Red in the Bunkhouse Stampede! For more on that, we take you live backstage where we've justreceived word that Eric Shaffer has caught up with the lucky individual that drew number 30!"

"The mystery is solved," Eric said, "We now know the final entrant in the Bunkhouse Stampede... K-Krush!" The shot panned out to reveal a smiling K-Krush standing next to Shaffer, holding up a ping-pong ball with the number "30" written on it. "K-Krush," Eric said, "You said you would become the first African-American champion in NWA history. How does it feel to know that your goal has just become a lot more realistic?"

"Shut up, white boy!" Krush said, "This ain't nothin' but a number. You could give me any number in that thing and I'd still win the damn thing! Tonight is about redemption for me. At X-Travaganza, I told the world I'd win that battle royal... and I did! Now, there's no little rascals left to pull off some fluke victory from some racist referee. Ha ha. I made sure of that."

"You sure did, didn't you?" said Dory Funk Jr. as he walked up, much to Krush's chagrin, "Your actions last week cost Brian Kendrick his opportunity at not just one but two belts. You know... I've spent so much time dealing with the likes of Jeff Jarrett, The Extreme Horsemen and The S.A.T., it seems I've completely neglected you, haven't I?"

"Whatever, old man," Krush said, "All I know is this. Spanky, the little rascal who cost me at X-Travaganza, ain't here. Nothing's going to stand in my way tonight! Look at it, Funk! Look at the number! Thirty! See? Even Lady Luck is sayin' that tonight belongs to K-Krush!" As Krush thrust the numbered ball in Funk's face... Funk snatched it out of his hand. Just then, Kaz Hayashi stepped up to the tumbler to select a number. "Here you go," Funk said as he tossed #30 to Hayashi!

"What the...?!" Krush shouted, before being cut off by Funk. "K-Krush, NWATNA is not going to tolerate these backstage attacks and interferences any longer. You have a problem with Brian Kendrick... and I'm giving you ample opportunity to settle it!" Hayashi laughed in excitement, then rushed off with Krush's number. "Okay," Krush said, "You make the match. The next match I have after I win the NWA Title will be against Spanky. I'll give him the first shot. Fair?"

"No," Funk said, "Your first match against Brian Kendrick will be next week... and it will be the beginning of a best of five 'specialty series'. Whichever one of you first gets three victories is the winner. This way, you two will be sure to get ALL of your aggression out on one another." Krush scoffed. "Specialty series?" he said, "Fine. Excuse me, old man. I've got to pick another damn number."

"Actually," Funk said as he grabbed Krush wrist and stopped him from reaching for another ping-pong ball, "Given that you'll have your hands full next week, I've decided to level the playing field a bit. After all, Brian Kendrick won't be wrestling tonight. It wouldn't be fair to throw you in a match with him without proper rest. I've decided to give you this week off, Krush. No need to thank me."

Funk flashed him a devious smile, then walked away, leaving a fuming Krush behind. The show cut back to West and Tenay in the booth as the participants for the second match made their way to the ring. "K-Krush has the week off?" West asked, "Of all weeks to give him a break! This is obviously long overdue punishment from the championship committee for what K-Krush has done to Kendrick as of late. Now, he's got to go head-to-head with him in the ring!"

RoH TITLE MATCH

LOW-KI (champion) vs. MICHAEL SHANE

After a short video package, recapping the heated events between the two thus far, Mike Tenay quickly ran down the rules that comprise the "code of honor". "Handshakes before and after every match, showing respect to officials at all times, no outside-interference or sneak attacks," he said, "This is it... and it's all at stake in this title match. Low-Ki accepted the challenge, making this potientally the last time this code will be enforced."

Shane charged in, ignoring referee Scott Armstrong's demand for a pre-match handshake. Unfortunately for Shane, he walked right into a vicious kick combination by Ki as the champion began hacking away at his legs and chest with martial arts tactics. After battering Shane's knee repeatedly, Ki took him down and cinched in a leg clutch submission, trying to force Shane to tap out. Shane managed to use his free leg to break the hold, but as he got to his feet, he was visibly favoring the damaged leg.

Ki continued on, looking for a spinning heel kick. Shane ducked the blow and immediately put Ki down with a running clothesline. he quickly made the cover, but Ki kicked out. Shane, desperate to stop Ki's kicks from wearing him down further, locked on a Boston crab and held Ki in center ring, working over the legs and back. "Low-Ki is not going to submit, Mike," West said, "There's just too much on the line for this guy... not to mention he's one tough son-of-a-gun!"

West was right as Ki's leg strength enabled him to power out of the hold. Ki quickly kipped up and leapt to the top rope, then pounced off with a twisting cross body block! Shane took the impact, but rolled through, landing on top of Ki! He quickly propped his feet onto the ropes as Armstrong began the count. Just as it seemed Shane was to steal the RoH Title... Armstrong spotted Shane's feet and stopped the count at two! "Excellent call by the referee!" Tenay said, "If Shane wants to win this, he'll need to do it fair and square!"

As Shane shouted at the referee, Ki got to his feet. He snuck up behind Shane... but got waffled by the trademark superkick! "Sweet Shane Music!" West shouted as Ki fell back, sprawling across the canvas. With his opponent virtually unconscious, Shane arrogantly taunted the crowd, then climbed up top, preparing to drop the Picture Perfect elbow. He pounced off... but Ki rolled to safety, causing Shane's elbow to crash onto the canvas!

Ki quickly got up, then spiked Shane with the brutal Ki-Krusher, a variation of the fisherman's buster! Shane was driven head-first into the mat, then Low-Ki collapsed on top of him and hooked the leg. "It's over, Don," Tenay said as the ref counted, "One, two... what the hell?! What's going on here?!" A mystery man had appeared at ringside, then dragged Ki out of the ring by his foot! The man quickly slung Ki into the ringpost, then squashed him with a big splash! Meanwhile, the referee called the bout off.

WINNER & STILL RoH CHAMPION: Low-Ki via disqualification at 12:58

"Don, that's Roadkill!" Tenay said, "He's a former ECW Tag Team Champion... but what's he doing here?!" Roadkill continued his assault on Low-Ki at ringside while Shane wearily rolled out of the ring and over to the timekeeper. He snatched the RoH Title away from him, then quickly made his exit with it. meanwhile, referees swarmed ringside to pull the mammoth Roadkill off of the now titleless champion. "Michael Shane has headed for higher ground," West said, "And he's done so with the title belt! You can't tell me this wasn't a set-up!"

"Don, if things aren't crazy enough, I understand there's some commotion backstage!" Tenay said, seconds before the shot cut to a camera stationed in the parking lot. There, Jerry Lynn was spotted, fighting his way through a pair of security guards. "Hey!" one of them shouted into his walkie-talkie, just before being shoved to the ground. "We need some help back here!" "We've got our hands full out here!" the device shouted back, before fading into pure static. Seconds later, Lynn dispatched of the other guard and rushed into the arena.

"Jerry Lynn is here?" Tenay said as the strains of Jeff Jarrett's theme music echoed in the background, "What does that mean for this next match? It's the biggest one-on-one match in NWATNA history. Jeff Jarrett, the self-proclaimed 'chosen one', taking on an opponent of Sting's choice. The winner will face the survivor of our main event in eight weeks at the NWA 54th anniversary celebration to crown a new NWA World Champion. The stakes have never been higher for Jeff Jarrett. Tonight, it's put up or shut up."

STING'S CHOICE vs. JEFF JARRETT

"It's time to see just who Sting has picked," West said, as Jarrett loosened up in the ring. The low tones of crunching guitar hit and out walked... Dan "The Beast" Severn! Jarrett looked completely shocked as The Beast marched towards the ring with purpose. "Severn!" West cried out, "He's the former NWA World Champion! He never lost that title, but the championship committee chose to strip him. Sting's decided to protect the lineage of the title, Mike! Anyone who gets that gold is going to have to beat Severn at some point!"

Severn quickly took charge at the bell, stepping in and taking Jarrett down to the mat. He cinched on a waistlock, pulled Jarrett up, then planted him right back down, keeping him grounded on the mat. Jarrett was helpless as Severn rolled him over and landed blow after blow across his chest before making a cover, getting two. "Jarrett's not going to beat The Beast on the mat," Tenay said, "Dan Severn is an icon in the world of ultimate fighting, specializing in that unique mat wrestling style."

Jarrett managed to reach his feet, but Severn quickly suplexed him again, dropping him throat-first across the top rope. Severn shot in, looking for a guillotine choke, but Jarrett managed to escape and duck out of the ring, catching a breather. Upon returning to the ring, Jarrett fired off a hard right hand to Severn's jaw. Severn returned the punch and the two began slugging it out in center ring. Jarrett took the upper hand after faking a punch, then kicking Severn in the gut! Jarrett immediately stepped to Severn's side, looking for the Stroke... but Severn quickly ripped him to the mat, cinching in a vicious armbar!

"Jarrett's in trouble now!" Tenay said as Severn tore away at the shoulder, "He's got nowhere to go! Severn's got that hold in deep and dead center of that ring!" Jarrett screamed and cursed in agony as Severn held him down, stretching his arm awkwardly. "Unlike the UFC rules, even if Jarrett refuses to submit, the ref's not going to break it," Tenay said, "Jarrett's going to have to find a way out of this... and before Severn tears his shoulder out of socket!"

"Sting certainly made the right choice tonight," West said, "Severn's pure wrestling ability has kept Jarrett totally out of it this entire match." Referee Mark Johnson looked in, asking Jarrett if he wished to give it up. His only reply was a guttural, anguished scream, followed one final last attempt to reach the ropes. With a good twelve inches between his fingertip and the rope, Jarrett opted to allow the hold to end the match, while hopefully stopping it from ending his career.

"Jarrett's tapping!" Tenay shouted, "Jarrett gives it... wait. Where's the referee?" Just as Jarrett began pounding on the canvas in submission... Steve Corino pulled Johnson out of the ring! After being reprimanded, Corino shoved Johnson hard into the ring steps! "No!" Tenay cried out, "Severn has this thing won!" With the referee out of commission, Corino reached underneath the ring and pulled out a trademark weapon for his suffering ally, the guitar!

"This alliance between Jarrett and The Extreme Horsemen is about to pay off!" West exclaimed as Corino entered the ring and took aim. He swung the guitar, aiming directly for Severn's head! Severn reluctantly released the armbar and rolled away... casing Corino's attack to connect with the back of Jarrett's head! As the guitar exploded on impact, Corino looked on in horror, realizing he had just messed up royally.

With his weapon gone, Corino turned to face Severn, who immediately began battering him with forearm strikes! He grabbed him by the hair and tossed him over the top rope to the floor, sending him crashing next to the downed referee. Mark Johnson slowly began to stir, then crawled towards the ring. Corino, equally dazed from the nasty spill, clumsily grasped at Johnson's pantleg, desperately trying to stop him from returning to the ring.

"Slick's back!" West said as Johnson wearily rolled into the ring, just as Severn latched a guillotine choke on the unconscious Jarrett. Johnson grabbed Jarrett's wrist and lifted it up, then watched as it fell limply back to the mat. Twice more this occurred before the bell sounded and Severn's menacing music hit. "There you have it, fans!" Tenay screamed, "Against all odds, it's official... Dan 'The Beast' Severn will once again wrestle for the NWA World Title!"

WINNER: Dan Severn via submission at 18:30

"Dan Severn!" West shouted, "This is unbelieveable! I mean, when we showed up right tonight in Tampa, we had no idea who would be going to the anniversary show to wrestle for that title. Still, I'm willing to bet that nobody expected it to be the former champion, Dan Severn! Even as unpredictable as that was... our main event is going to be thirty times as unpredictable! Who's moving on to face Severn? We're going to find out... right now!"

BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE 2002

"The rules are quite simple," Mike Tenay said, "Earlier today, thirty NWATNA stars drew numbers ranging from one to thirty. Numbers one and two will start and wrestle for ninety seconds... then number three comes in. This continues until all thirty entrants are in. When you go over the top rope and both feet hit the floor... you're gone! It's a battle of skill, determination, luck... and if the various alliances involved have their say, it'll be a numbers game."

British X-Division star "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch entered first, revealing the result of his unlucky draw. His first opponent was "Big" Ron Harris of The Harris Twins, a man with an undeniable size, strength and experience advantage. The bell sounded and Big Ron absolutely creamed Fleisch with a brutal kick to the face! Fleisch was rocked, but managed to duck a clothesline and bounce off the ropes, nailing Harris with a missile dropkick!

"What's this?" Tenay said as unfamiliar rock music began to play. From behind the curtain, out stepped... Van Hammer! "Van Hammer?" Tenay asked, "He's not an NWATNA wrestler! What's going on here?" Hammer, clutching an electric guitar, marched to the ring and stepped over the top rope. "Fans, we're getting word that Van Hammer is replacing K-Krush who Dory Funk Jr. gave the night off," Tenay said, "What an opportunity for one of the largest men in this bout! He'll be a challenge to get over the top rope!"

Hammer held up his guitar and pointed it at Harris... then raised his hand in the air. Big Ron coolly walked over... and high-fived him! "No!" West cried, "Don't tell me Van Hammer is aligned with this coalition too!" Harris delivered a few hard punches to Fleisch, backing him against the ropes, then stepped out of the way, clearing a path for Hammer. Hammer raised his guitar and charged... but Fleisch hit the deck, causing Hammer to stumble over the top rope to the floor! "Van Hammer's out!" Mike Tenay said as Christopher Daniels' music hit, ushering in the fourth entrant.

Daniels entered the ring as a dejected Hammer left, then joined Fleisch in a brief double team on Ron Harris. The Harris Twins' music fired up again, introducing Don Harris. "Uh oh," West said, "Both Harrises are in pretty early... with more allies on the way. Things don't look good for these X-Division stars in the ring!" The Harrises lived up to their reputation, brawling and overpowering both Fleisch and Daniels, then later J.R. Ryder who entered sixth.

As the twins delivered a brutal H-Bomb to Fleisch... Super Crazy came out! "It looks like the X-Division roster is about to get a little help in there!" Tenay said as Crazy entered the ring. He quickly helped Fleisch to his feet... then chucked him over the top rope! Crazy quickly attacked Daniels, leaving the Harrises free to double team Ryder. The eighth entrant, EZ Money, fared little better against the twins, getting dropped with a brutal H-Bomb!

With Ryder and Money writhing in pain on the mat, the twins turned their attention to Daniels and Crazy who were brawling in the corner. They pulled the two apart, then separated into opposite corners. After a few hard shots, they prepared to whip them into one another for a mid-ring collision! Both Daniels and Crazy rushed towards each other... then stopped short! "Double dropkick to Don Harris! He's out!" Tenay cried out, "And there's one to Ron! He's out as well! The team of Super Crazy and The Fallen Angel just eliminated The Harris Twins!"

As the twins made their exit, Frankie "The Future" Kazarian entered the fray. He quickly attacked J.R. Ryder as Crazy took a moment to dump EZ Money over and out before resuming his brawl with Daniels. Former Horsemen Tully Blanchard and Barry Windham entered tenth and eleventh, respectively, but hung back, opting to let the younger, more fatigued X-Divisioners battle it out while they picked their spots and attacked with discretion, joining forces to focus on the next entrant, Josh Prohibition.

Blanchard's hit and run strategy hit a snag when he locked horns with a seemingly finished J.R. Ryder. Ryder quickly leapt up and caught Tully with a huracanrana, sending both men spilling over the top rope! "J.R. Ryder is out!" Tenay said, calling the sixth elimination of the match, "But Tully hangs on!" As Blanchard gripped the top rope, his feet dangling over the arena floor... Low-Ki's music hit! "Uh oh," West said as Ki walked towards the ring, standing face to face with Blanchard. Tully begged Ki to help him back into the ring... but Ki replied with a stiff kick to the ribs, causing Tully to release the rope and hit the floor! "Low-Ki gets his first elimination before even entering the ring!" Tenay said.

"Look at Blanchard!" West screamed as Tully climbed up on the apron and grabbed Ki, attempting to pull him over the top to the floor! The next fresh entrant, The Amazing Red, came out and quickly assisted Blanchard in his mission. "I can't believe this," West said, "How many times is this guy going to get screwed over tonight?!" X-Division stars continued to fill the ring as Trent Acid, the standout performer in NWATNA's only other battle royal in history, and Quiet Storm brought the match past the halfway point. Red made quick work of Storm, dumping him out before the 90 seconds had even expired. As the X-Division wrestlers ganged up on Barry Windham... Steve Corino came to his aid at number 17.

Corino began pulling wrestler after wrestler off of Windham, allowing Barry to catch a breather and muscle out Josh Prohibition, who was the tenth wrestler to be excised from the Stampede. Windham and Corino still were overmatched by the X-Division, especially thanks to the entrances of Blitzkrieg, "Prime Time" Elix Skipper and Xavier, bringing in total number of wrestlers in the ring to ten. "It's pandemonium in this ring!" Tenay cried out as Acid clocked Red with a yakuza kick, only to eat a Daniels dropkick as number 21's music hit, "And judging by that sound... it's about to get even more chaotic!"

"Terry Funk!" West shouted as the crazy Funker rushed to the ring. The Amazing Red, having already had a taste of Funk's brand of mayhem, was totally distracted, enabling Xavier to pitch him over the top rope! Luckily for Red, he was able to grab on to the top rope and save himself from elimination. As the melee continued, C.W. Anderson made his entrance. "Corino and Windham are sure going to be glad to see 'the Enforcer'," Tenay quipped as Anderson climbed into the ring.

Within seconds of entering, Anderson began unloading punches on Red and Trent Acid... only to eat a spinning kick from Super Crazy that sent him over and out! Corino looked on in disbelief as ringside official dragged C.W. away from the fracas... then Crazy attempted to dump Corino out! Luckily for the last remaining Extreme Horseman, Christopher Daniels rekindled his previous rivalry with Crazy, attacking him from behind just before he pitched Corino.

"C.W. Anderson does not look happy about his elimination," Tenay said as Anderson demanded officials allow him to return to the match. Just then... Psicosis came out. As he passed Anderson, C.W. swiftly decked him with a classic Anderson left hand, knocking him flat out in the aisle. "I suppose the team of Tres Locos can consider that payback," Tenay added, "Horsemen style."

Working together, Elix Skipper and Xavier tied Terry Funk's arms in the ropes, leaving him wide open for a running yakuza kick by Trent Acid. As Paul London entered at 24, Acid set up another one... but Funk missed and sent Acid's leg slingshooting over the top rope! As Acid stood there helpless, crotched across the rope, Funk bounced the rope viciously, then decked Acid, knocking him out of the match! As unassumingly as he had entered, London made a premature exit, courtesy of The Amazing Red.

"Who's number 25?" West asked as the number of entrants to come dwindled down. Just then, another surprise entrant emerged from behind the curtain. "I don't believe it!" Don said, "It's the master of the Bunkhouse Stampede himself... 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes!" Rhodes, taking full advantage of the "come as you are" dress code, stepped over the fallen Psicosis in the aisle, wearing jeans, a T-shirt and of course, cowboy boots. Rhodes made immediate impact upon hitting the ring and slamming the heads of Elix Skipper and Barry Windham together, knocking them for a loop.

Ken Shamrock's music hit and he rushed out, saving Windham from Rhodes' attempted elimination. Shamrock tried to belly-to-belly suplex the Dream, but Dusty's considerable size wouldn't budge. Dusty quickly rattled off a few elbows to Ken's head... then spun in a circle, bashing anyone within reach with the classic bionic elbow! "You're not going to beat Michael Jordan in a game of horse, Mike," West said, "And you're not going to beat Dusty Rhodes in a Bunkhouse Stampede!"

Jushin "Thunder" Liger entered next, running right into an attack by Super Crazy. Crazy finally got some much needed assistance from fellow Locos when Juventud Guerrera helped Psicosis finally enter the match several minutes late. Super Crazy, entrant number 7, was quite exhausted, but no one could boast the exhaustion of the fourth entrant, Chris Daniels, who was barely able to stand as Terry Funk kicked away at him in the corner. Funk charged in for a clothesline... but Daniels managed to duck, or perhaps collapsed, sending Funk up and over the top to the floor!

Scoot Andrews, the next to last entrant, was immediately attacked by Tres Locos upon entering the ring. As Juvi, Crazy and Psicosis stomped away... Ken Shamrock stepped in and pulled them off! Guerrera charged... but Shamrock quickly suplexed him up and over to the floor! "Shamrock and Andrews are standing tall, staring down the threat of Crazy and Psicosis!" Tenay said, seconds before Shamrock's true colors once again came shining through. "Oh!" he cried, "Shamrock with a clothesline, taking Andrews out of this match! What a jerk!"

Kaz Hayashi completed the match with his entrance, only having to face less than half of the original field of contention. "Fourteen wrestlers are remaining," Tenay said, "Kaz Hayashi, Jushin Liger, Ken Shamrock, Dusty Rhodes, Psicosis, Xavier, Elix Skipper, Blitzkrieg, Steve Corino, The Amazing Red, Frankie Kazarian, Super Crazy and Christopher Danoels who has been in there a LONG time. Which one of these men is going on to face Dan Severn on October 23rd? Who will have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to become the new NWA World Champion?!"

Kazarian tried to answer that question with "not Corino", nailing "the New Nature Boy" with a series of hard forearm shots which had him teetering near the ropes. As Blitzkrieg and Red exchanged chops, Dusty nailed both with a double clothesline, knocking Red into the corner and Blitzkrieg over the top to the floor. Windham and Shamrock pulled Kazarian off of Corino, then began triple-teaming him as Red and Skipper locked up, as did Dusty and Psicosis. Only Christopher Daniels would dare rescue Kazarian... which resulted in the end of his impressive night, courtesy of Corino's malicious punch to the back of the head.

Having been opponents earlier in the evening, Jushin Liger and Red had no problem taking the fight straight to one another with hard kicks. Liger got the best of Red, rocking him with a roundhouse kick. Xavier, eager to test his mettle against the X-Division Champion, quickly stepped in and took Red's place, but after suffering a similar fate, he was ditched by the alarmingly still energetic Super Crazy. The only participant who could boast near Crazy's longevity, Frankie Kazarian, was unceremoniously dumped out by Ken Shamrock, who proudly cut the field to just ten.

Barry Windham found himself the victim of a unified X-Division assault, knocked out when Skipper served as a stumbling block, thanks to Red's dropkick. However, in nearly the same instance, the X-Division's presence was lessened severely as Super Crazy managed to muscle out Jushin Liger across the ring. Crazy next joined Psicosis, who was trying to break up the team of Shamrock and Corino. After bashing the heads of Red and Kaz Hayashi together, Dusty Rhodes joined the Locos in their effort. Unfortunately, Shamrock's second attempt of a belly-to-belly on Rhodes would prove successful as he dumped the largest man remaining out.

Despite Dusty's elimination, the battle between Corino, Shamrock, Crazy and Psicosis continued to heat up. Crazy floored Ken with a discus lariat, then targeted Shamrock. "Psicosis is going up top!" West said, "This could be dangerous!" Indeed it was. As Psicosis prepared to drop his guillotine legdrop on the fallen Shamrock... Elix Skipper came from out of nowhere, tightwalking the rope, then jumping off, dropkicking Psicosis to the floor! "Holy shit!" the crowd in Tampa responded as Skipper posed arrogantly... then got nailed with Old School Expulsion!

"You can't take your eyes off of anyone!" West said, "With only six men remaining, one false move results in your downfall!" Shamrock drilled Hayashi into the canvas with his triple belly-to-belly combo... but a dropkick by Super Crazy nearly sent him over the top! Luckily for Ken, Corino grabbed him by the tights and pulled him back to safety. "I stand corrected," West said, "This alliance of Corino's gives him a huge advantage now. Hayashi's down. Skipper's down. All Corino needs to do is get rid of little Red and Crazy, who must be exhausted, and he's got it won!"

As Hayashi and Skipper slowly got up, Red launched into a huracanrana attempt on Shamrock. Corino grabbed Red in mid-move, then assisted Shamrock in powerbombing him down! Corino pulled Red to his feet, then slung him into the ropes where Hayashi and Skipper were pulling themselves up. "Did you see that?!" West cried out, "The momentum just knocked all three of them out! Red... gone! Elix Skipper... gone! Kaz Hayashi... gone! Killing three birds with one stone!"

Across the ring, Shamrock mercilessly battered the ring-worn Crazy, brutalizing him with suplex after suplex. After dumping the limp Loco in the center of the ring, Shamrock emitted an animalistic roar, then cinched on an anklelock! Crazy, too battered and beaten to even fight back, simply lay there in a heap as Shamrock cranked away on his foot. "That's what you get when you mess with The Extreme Horsemen!" Corino shouted, berating Crazy as Ken's hold continued. "This is enough!" West exclaimed, "End the match!"

Corino finished berating Crazy, then stepped back and watched Shamrock for a moment, growing impatient. Shamrock, completely ignoring everything around him and focusing on twisting Crazy's ankle, continued ripping away at Crazy's foot. Corino stepped in and told Ken it was enough, but Ken continued screaming violently. Finally... Corino reached back and slapped Shamrock! The shock caused Ken to release the hold, then Corino dragged Crazy to the ropes and dumped him out.

"We're down to our final two," West said, "If Shamrock's going to hold true to his alliance with Jarrett, he'll jump out and let Corino take it. Then again, after what Corino did to Jarrett earlier... the deal may be null and void!" Corino turned his back to Shamrock and raised his arms in celebration, while Shamrock stood back, rubbing his now red face. Corino turned back around and saw Ken standing here, then walked over to him, asking what was going on. Shamrock shot a glare at Corino... then took him down with a belly-to-belly suplex!

"Deal's off, Steve Corino!" West said, as Shamrock stood, screaming "I'm a winner, dammit!" at the top of his lungs. Corino scrambled to his feet, but Shamrock took him right back down to the mat with another suplex. He began to slip into his zone, then moved towards Corino's foot, applying the anklelock! As Corino howled in pain and frantically tapped out, Shamrock dragged him around the ring, flaunting his psychotic dominance.

Just then... Jerry Lynn rushed out! Lynn quickly charged Shamrock and nailed him with a clothesline, causing both men to tumble over the top rope to the floor! "My God!" Tenay shouted as the bell rang, "It's over! Jerry Lynn has just cost Ken Shamrock the NWA World Title and... given it to Corino? What the hell is going on here?" Tully Blanchard and C.W. Anderson rushed out to the ring to congratulate Corino while the security team tried to separate Lynn and Shamrock at ringside!

WINNER: Steve Corino via over the top rope elimination at 1:12:35

"Mike, Jeff Jarrett's plan was half effective," West said, "Though I'm willing to bet it wasn't the half he wanted! Steve Corino moves on to face Dan Severn for the NWA World Title! What a wild night! Fans, the road to the title isn't over for these two. Join us next week in Pensacola when our 'HeatStroke' tour comes to a close! See you then!" As the show went off the air, the brawl between Shamrock and Lynn continued while Corino reached his feet and raised his arms in victory. From the entranceway, Jeff Jarrett was seen, looking on in utter disbelief.

Bunkhouse Stampede 2002:

Ken Shamrock explains his betrayal of Jerry Lynn.

- Overall Rating: 69%

Jushin Liger defeats The Amazing Red.

- Overall Rating: 82%

- Crowd Reaction: 77%

- Match Quality: 88%

- The NWA X-Division title has gained in image.

Dory Funk Jr. orders a best of five series.

- Overall Rating: 64%

- Brian Kendrick lost overness from this segment.

Low-Ki defeats Michael Shane.

- Overall Rating: 74%

- Crowd Reaction: 60%

- Match Quality: 89%

- Roadkill debuted his new "bodyguard" gimmick, it got a negative response.

Jerry Lynn arrives to the show.

- Overall Rating: 55%

- Jerry Lynn lost overness from this segment.

Dan Severn defeats Jeff Jarrett.

- Crowd Reaction: 61%

- Match Quality: 82%

- Dan Severn gained overness from this match.

Steve Corino defeats 29 others to win the Bunkhouse Stampede.

- Overall Rating: 68%

- Crowd Reaction: 58%

- Match Quality: 78%

Jerry Lynn wrestles Ken Shamrock to a double count-out after the show goes off the air.

- Overall Rating: 82%

- Crowd Reaction: 76%

- Match Quality: 89%

Dusty Rhodes promotes his new autobiography after the show goes off the air.

- Overall Rating: 87%

Overall Rating: 74%

- Buyrate: 0.16

- Attendance: 2,730

- Terry Taylor: "You overused Ken Shamrock at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him."

- Michael Shane: "I think I should be higher up the card."

#1. Jody Fleisch

- eliminated 2nd by Super Crazy

#2. Ron Harris

- eliminated 4th by Super Crazy & Christopher Daniels

#3. Van Hammer

- eliminated 1st by himself

#4. Christopher Daniels

- eliminated 3: Don Harris & Ron Harris (w/Crazy), Terry Funk

- eliminated 18th by Steve Corino

#5. Don Harris

- eliminated 3rd by Super Crazy & Christopher Daniels

#6. J.R. Ryder

- eliminated 6th by himself

#7. Super Crazy

- eliminated 7: Jody Fleisch, Don Harris & Ron Harris (w/Daniels), EZ Money, C.W. Anderson, Xavier, Jushin Liger

- eliminated 28th by Steve Corino

#8. EZ Money

- eliminated 5th by Super Crazy

#9. Frankie Kazarian

- eliminated 20th by Ken Shamrock

#10. Tully Blanchard

- eliminated 1: Low-Ki (w/Red)

- eliminated 7th by Low-Ki

#11. Barry Windham

- eliminated 1: Josh Prohibition

- eliminated 21st by The Amazing Red & Elix Skipper

#12. Josh Prohibition

- eliminated 10th by Barry Windham

#13. Low-Ki

- eliminated 1: Tully Blanchard

- eliminated 8th by Tully Blanchard & The Amazing Red

#14. The Amazing Red

- eliminated 4: Low-Ki (w/Blanchard), Quiet Storm, Paul London, Barry Windham (w/Skipper)

- eliminated 25th by Steve Corino

#15. Trent Acid

- eliminated 12th by Terry Funk

#16. Quiet Storm

- eliminated 9th by The Amazing Red

#17. Steve Corino

- eliminated 5: Christopher Daniels, The Amazing Red, Elix Skipper, Kaz Hayashi, Super Crazy

#18. Blitzkrieg

- eliminated 17th by Dusty Rhodes

#19. Elix Skipper

- eliminated 2: Barry Windham (w/Red), Psicosis

- eliminated 26th by Steve Corino

#20. Xavier

- eliminated 19th by Super Crazy

#21. Terry Funk

- eliminated 1: Trent Acid

- eliminated 14th by Christopher Daniels

#22. C.W. Anderson

- eliminated 11th by Super Crazy

#23. Psicosis

- eliminated 25th by Elix Skipper

#24. Paul London

- eliminated 13th by The Amazing Red

#25. Dusty Rhodes

- eliminated 1: Blitzkrieg

- eliminated 23rd by Ken Shamrock

#26. Ken Shamrock

- eliminated 4: Juventud Guerrera, Scoot Andrews, Frankie Kazarian, Dusty Rhodes

- eliminated 29th by Jerry Lynn

#27. Jushin Liger

- eliminated 22nd by Super Crazy

#28. Juventud Guerrera

- eliminated 15th by Ken Shamrock

#29. Scoot Andrews

- eliminated 16th by Ken Shamrock

#30. Kaz Hayashi

- eliminated 27th by Steve Corino

Non-entrant. Jerry Lynn

- eliminated 1: Ken Shamrock

Yay! Corino for the win! The marathon of Crazy and Daniels was alright too.

I didn't expect Severn to be in there against Jarrett, let alone win, but the botched interference worked to a T. The match against Corino should be good.

I liked the Krush segment, with Funk taking away his number. The Best of Five should be very interesting.

Roadkill being involved with Shane is kind of weird, to say the least. I mean, he really doesn't have anything to do with ROH, why would he really care? Unless Shane is paying him to play bodyguard, that might make some sense.

And finally, oh my God you have Van Hammer hanging around?

Well that show was quite interesting to say the least. For some reason I see Ken Shamrock turning on the rest of the club just to get his shots in.

Corino!! God I love Corino, and I so hope he defeats Severn, more for the simple fact that I've never liked Severn. He just seems to amateurish in his style to me, which I find quite boring. Not to mention Corino has charisma oozing out his ears.

As far as the game goes, it looks like quite a few things on this card didn't work out in the game. A lot of lost overness and negative reactions for the gimmicks. Kendrick can't be that over that he'd lose overness during an announcement with Dory and Krush...hmmm. Good job man, I love this diary.

Thanks, guys. :) I figured Severn would be a surprise, but as Tenay & West said he was stripped of the NWA Title for some bogus reason prior to show #1, so in order to protect the lineage and integrity of the title history, he's in the mix. I'll admit, the upcoming explanation for Roadkill is a bit of a stretch, but it works out in the end. As for Van Hammer, I basically wanted a "Bushwhacker Luke" type elimination for the match, something of a comedy spot. Come to think of it, I should've used Luke. Oh, well. Yeah, EWR was rough on me for this show, but nothing too terrible. Considering the rehab/injuries/WWE steals it could've thrown my way, I'll settle for the crowd not being jacked for Jerry's arrival. Kendrick is quite over, thanks to putting on a series of 90+MQ matches. His overness is hovering around the high 70s/low 80s while Dory & Krush are closer to 60. I'll include the overness ratings during the monthly recap in my next post. Thanks again!

NWATNA.com

Saturday, August 31st, 2002

Next: HeatStroke

By Bill Banks

After an amazing summer, visiting Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami and Tampa, NWATNA wraps up it's Florida "HeatStroke" tour with an incredible farewell show in Pensacola this Wednesday night!

How's this for a main event? We know now it will be Steve Corino facing Dan "The Beast" Severn in Corpus Christi, Texas on October 23rd to crown a new NWA World Champion. Corino's allies and enemies have sure gotten confusing as of late though. Wednesday, he will join forces with Jeff Jarrett, the man he accidentally cost a chance to be in the NWA Title match! Their tenuous alliance will be tested against Corino's future opponent, Severn, and his partner, the man who aided Corino in winning the Bunkhouse Stampede... Jerry Lynn!

Plus, the best of five series between K-Krush and Brian Kendrick will begin as well as an eight-man X-Division elimination tag team match! Don't miss HeatStroke this Wednesday as NWATNA says farewell to Florida! It's just $9.95 to catch the hottest two hours in wrestling!

NWATNA.com

Sunday, September 1st, 2002

The Bank Shot: August 2002

By Bill Banks

Greetings and welcome to the Bank Shot, your monthly look at any and everything NWATNA. Before I get into this month's happenings, there's something I'd like to clarify. Fans who visit our official online message board know that earlier this week, I posted a message saying this would be the final edition of The Bank Shot. Some have questioned whether the post was a hoax. I assure you, it was not.

As much as I've enjoyed bringing this coverage to you each and every month, my new position with NWA:RoH (more on that in a bit) has left me no time. Luckily, Katy-Jayne is back and will take over the Saturday night previews. Perhaps somebody will take this over as well, but I have no idea.

Enough with the goodbyes! On with the report!

TOTAL TOP STORY: NWA Helps Celebrate Freedom!

Fans, if you have yet to check out NWATNA's weekly pay-per-views, get ready for the opportunity of a lifetime. On Wednesday, September 11th, NWATNA celebrates America's freedom by eliminating the $9.95 charge! You'll receive two full hours of NWATNA programming for free!

"It's a great way to commemorate the anniversary of 9/11," NWA Championship Committee member Dory Funk Jr. said, "We can't change the past, but we can move on from here. Terrorism won't stop this country, nor will it stop the wrestling industry. We want everyone in America to see that we are moving forward and that they should as well."

"This is just another example of how NWATNA is the promotion that gives wrestling fans more," announcer Mike Tenay said, "People have said it's a crazy idea and we'll wind up losing money, but seeing our product is our best source of advertising. There are some fans out there who don't yet believe the hype. To all the skeptics, now you have absolutely no reason not to give us a chance."

This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take that risk. Beginning on September 18th, the $9.95 pay-per-view fee will return. Sample the alternative and learn why NWATNA is the bridge between wrestling's great and storied past and it's exciting and revolutionary future.

10 QUESTIONS WITH: Michael Shane

Q1: Can I get a handshake?

MS: Nine more questions, smart-ass.

Q2: Now that Ring of Honor has officially joined the NWA, will you return the (stolen) RoH Ttle to it's rightful owner, Low-Ki?

MS: I have plans for this belt. NWA should've never bothered resurrecting that dead, piece of garbage company. It's a waste of time and money they could've spent on producing Michael Shane merchandise.

Q3: Are you going to be at the final RoH show tomorrow night?

MS: I may drop by. No sense shooting a torpedo into a battleship if you're not going to watch it sink.

Q4: Did you bring Roadkill to NWATNA?

MS: He's simply a metaphor for the point I wanted to express. As much as guys like Bryan Danielson and Low-Ki talk about it, Roadkill is the true embodiment of what RoH stood for.

Q5: Um... what?

MS: You'll see.

Q6: If you weren't involved in wrestling, what would you be doing?

MS: Do you have any idea who my uncle is? Wrestling is in my blood.

Q7: Name one wrestler you haven't wrestled but would like to someday.

MS: My uncle, of course. I look forward to the day I knock him off the top of the mountain.

Q8: Name one wrestler you have wrestled but never like to again.

MS: Either Kendrick or Danielson. I've beaten them so many times, it's just not fun anymore.

Q9: Where will Michael Shane be in 5 years?

MS: NWA World Champion.

Q10: What was one question you wished would've been asked and how would you have answered it if we did ask?

MS: You should've asked "Would you please show my wife what it's like to be with a real man?" I'd reply "I already have... twice."

TNAQ&A

Here's your chance to get the answers to the questions YOU want answered.

Q: Hey, I'm a big fan of NWATNA. I bought a few pay-per-views and the wrestling's real good. However, when I bought them, I thought it was T&A. WHERE ARE THE GIRLS?! - Claude L.

A: Claude, NWATNA has big plans to expand it's women's division in 2003. I can't go into much more detail than that, I'm afraid, but you'll see quite a few faces from quite a few places joining the roster, possibly before year's end.

Q: Is NWATNA ever going to get a free TV deal? - C.K.

A: Well, nothing in life is free, C.K. With WWA & the XWF both getting late night time slots on NBC, it's definitely more of a possibility than it was say three months ago. We're going to wait and see how those ratings do before throwing our hat in that ring. Plus, the stress of filming weekly pay-per-view events is enough for the time being. As with the last question, I'll leave it at... 2003 will be a HUGE year for NWATNA.

Q: I heard Ring of Honor was closing or something. What's going on with that? - Gordon

A: I went straight to the source for this story, RoH Owner Rob Feinstein. Basically, RoH didn't have a very good financial support system underneath them, so they were forced to either sell or declare bankruptcy. Several offers came in, but Feinstein decided to sell to the NWA Board Of Directors. The NWA will keep RoH open under it's charter, using it as something of a minor league franchise. In short, expect that mutually beneficial relationship between NWATNA and the newly-named NWA:RoH to continue, Gordon.

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR SEPTEMBER

HeatStroke

Pensacola, FL on the 4th

- Jerry Lynn & Dan Severn take on Steve Corino & Jeff Jarrett!

- Brian Kendrick vs. K-Krush in Match #1 of a best of five series!

- Eight X-Division superstars battle in an elimination tag match!

Strength In Numbers

New Orleans, LA on the 18th

- Honky Talk returns to pay-per-view!

- NOTE: The preceeding announcement was paid for by The Honky Tonk Man.

Turning The Tide

Lafayette, LA on the 25th

- Brian Kendrick vs. K-Krush in Match #2 of a best of five series!

NWATNA OFFICIAL RANKINGS FOR AUGUST

certified by the NWA Championship Committee

SINGLES

NWA World Champion: vacant

#1. (-) Steve Corino (3 wins, 0 losses)

#2. (-) Dan Severn (1 win, 0 losses)

#3. (1) Jeff Jarrett (1 win, 1 loss)

#4. (-) Kaz Hayashi (1 win, 0 losses)

#5. (-) Low-Ki (1 win by DQ, 0 losses)

TAG TEAM

NWA World Tag Team Champions: vacant

#1. (4) Dos Locos (2 wins, 0 losses)

#2. (-) The Jung Dragons (1 win by DQ, 0 losses)

#3. (-) Brian Kendrick & Paul London (0 win, 1 loss)

#4. (1) The Rock 'N' Roll Express (0 wins, 1 loss)

#5. (-) Amazing Red & Jose Maximo (0 wins, 1 loss)

X-DIVISION

NWA X-Division Champion: (-) JUSHIN LIGER (3 wins, 0 losses)

#1. (3) The Amazing Red (2 wins, 1 loss)

#2. (-) K-Krush (1 win, 1 loss)

#3. (-) Kaz Hayashi (1 wins, 0 losses)

#4. (1) Brian Kendrick (1 wins, 2 losses)

#5. (-) Quiet Storm (1 win, 1 loss)

NWATNA.com MONTHLY AWARDS

MATCH OF THE MONTH: The Amazing Red vs. Brian Kendrick, Bash On South Beach

right click + save target as to watch highlights

MOMENT OF THE MONTH: Dusty Rhodes discusses his autobiography, "Son Of A Plumber"

right click + save target as to watch ***NEVER BEFORE SEEN***

Name: Current Overness (Overness Gain For August 2002)

Alex Wright: released to work in XWF full-time

Barry Windham: 61 (+/-0)

Blitzkrieg: 49 (+/-0)

Brian Kendrick: 79 (+18)

Bryan Danielson: 55 (+/-0)

C.W. Anderson: 53 (+/-0)

Christopher Daniels: 70 (+/-0)

Dan Severn: 51 (+1)

Don Harris: 53 (+/-0)

Dory Funk Jr.: 57 (+/-0)

Dusty Rhodes: 80 (+/-0)

Elix Skipper: 57 (+/-0)

EZ Money: 49 (+/-0)

Frankie Kazarian: 43 (+/-0)

J.R. Ryder: 39 (+8)

Jackie Fargo: 50 (+/-0)

Jeff Jarrett: 82 (+9)

Jerry Lynn: 69 (-2)

Jody Fleisch: 50 (+/-0)

Joel Maximo: 38 (+/-0)

Johnny Swinger: 46 (+/-0)

Jose Maximo: 42 (+3)

Josh Prohibition: 57 (+5)

Jushin Liger: 79 (+8)

Juventud Guerrera: 84 (+10)

Kaz Hayashi: 63 (+10)

Ken Shamrock: 79 (+/-0)

Kid Kash: 58 (+/-0)

K-Krush: 63 (+/-0)

Low-Ki: 61 (+3)

Matt Cross: 62 (+5)

Michael Shane: 58 (+10)

Paul London: 45 (+5)

Psicosis: 53 (+2)

Quiet Storm: 46 (+10)

Rey Misterio Jr.: 81 (+/-0)

Ricky Morton: 67 (+/-0)

Roadkill: 62 (-1)

Robert Gibson: 64 (+/-0)

Ron Harris: 53 (+/-0)

Satoshi Kojima: 48 (+/-0)

Scoot Andrews: 60 (+/-0)

Steve Corino: 73 (+10)

Sting: 93 (+/-0)

Super Crazy: 81 (+10)

Taiyo Kea: 58 (+8)

Terry Funk: 65 (+/-0)

The Amazing Red: 75 (+10)

The Honky Tonk Man: 71 (+/-0)

Trent Acid: 61 (+8)

Tully Blanchard: 50 (+/-0)

Van Hammer: retired

Xavier: 49 (+/-0)

Yang: 45 (+5)

Feud: Heat, Statistics

Ken Shamrock vs. Jerry Lynn: 77, tied at 0 wins

Brian Kendrick vs. K-Krush: 75, K-Krush ahead 5 wins to 0

Title: Image, Champion

NWA X-Division: 73, Jushin Liger

- won over Brian Kendrick and K-Krush via pinfall (8/14)

- retained over The Amazing Red via pinfall (8/28)

I decided to throw this together real quick, just for fun. Consider this the show that bridges RoH with the new developmental territory NWA:RoH as most of the people featured will either be on an upcoming NWATNA PPV or will continue with NWA:RoH until they get the call up.

RoH Final Battle Recap

Sunday, September 2nd, 2002

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Moments before the 8:30 belltime...

- MICHAEL SHANE & ROADKILL came out, carrying the RoH Title.

- They took a seat in the front row, claiming they'd bought a ticket. (intense crowd heat already!)

- LOW-KI came out and tried to attack them, but security intervened.

- RoH Owner ROB FEINSTEIN came out and told Shane to give back the belt.

- Shane refused, stating "if he (Low-Ki) wants it, he's got to take it!"

- Ki broke through security and attacked while Feinstein grabbed the belt.

- Feinstein announced that both Ki (the rightful champ) & Shane (the belt's physical owner) would have a chance to leave with it.

- Feinstein ordered the belt to be hung from the rafters for a ladder match tonight!

8:30 belltime...

- ELAX & THE CHRISTOPHER STREET CONNECTION made their RoH returns! (they were fired months ago)

- Elax & BUFF E carried a single rose each to the ring while MASE carried a full bouquet... and wore a tiara.

- Elax got on the microphone and said he was sorry RoH was going out of business, but they started dying the minute he was fired.

- He said he'd never need to look for work again because he & CSC were forming a promotion called Ring of Sports Entertainment! (R.O.S.E.)

- He said there would be no actual wrestling and the main event of the debut show would be Buff E's marriage to Mase! (really loud boos)

- Buff E said R.O.S.E. had a "code of homo" that after every show, all the wrestlers had to make out.

- Buff E & Mase started kissing... then MONSTA MACK & MAFIA came out!

IMPROMPTU 2-on-3 HANDICAP MATCH: DA' HIT SQUAD vs. RING OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT

- Total squash.

- Mafia pinned Elax after a KILLER burning hammer.

- Scott Keith's rating: "1 star, obnoxious build to a one-sided squash".

- The crowd chanted "R-O-H" to the Squad post-match.

OPENING TAG MATCH: THE EXTREME HORSEMEN with TULLY BLANCHARD vs. THE BOOGIE KNIGHTS

- Extreme Horsemen = STEVE CORINO & C.W. ANDERSON

- Boogie Knights = DANNY DRAKE & MIKE TOBIN

- This is Tully Blanchard's first & last RoH appearance.

- Surprisingly even match considering the participants.

- Boogie Knights hit the spike piledriver on C.W.

- Blanchard interfered allowing Corino to hit Old School Expulsion on Tobin for the pin.

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.75 stars, a pleasant surprise from the comedy team".

- After the match, Corino got on the stick and said he'd be the next NWA World Champion.

- H.C. LOC made his surprise return to RoH, chasing the Horsemen away from the ring with a chair!

SINGLES MATCH: A.J. STYLES vs. PRINCE NANA with SIMPLY LUSCIOUS

- H.C. Loc served as guest ref, getting more pops than both wrestlers.

- Styles hit all of his trademark moves.

- Nana ducked out of the ring and demanded Luscious help him out.

- Luscious refused... then he slapped her! (major heat)

- Styles nailed him with Air Styles (shooting star plancha) as he chased Luscious around the ring.

- A.J. pulled Nana into the ring, hit the Styles Clash and got the pin.

- Scott Keith's rating: "1.5 stars, hopefully A.J. catches on somewhere".

- After the match, Luscious slapped Nana and left with Styles!

SIX MAN TAG MATCH: BRIAN KENDRICK, BRYAN DANIELSON & PAUL LONDON vs. MIKEY WHIPWRECK, JAMES "LITTLE GUIDO" MARITATO & BRIAN XL

- Six way spotfest for much of it.

- Kendrick pinned XL after Sliced Bread #2.

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.5 stars, a decent spotfest if that's your thing".

- After the match, Whipwreck & Maritato exchanged heated words.

BROTHER vs. BROTHER: JOEL MAXIMO vs. JOSE MAXIMO

- Crowd was split, but many smarks supported Joel. (he left a voluntary rehab program to be a part of the show)

- Both men were definitely on top of their game, with lots of nice chain wrestling mixed in with highspots.

- The finish was a double-DQ when THE AMAZING RED came in and attacked both men. (LOTS of heat)

- Scott Keith's rating: "3 stars, would've been higher if it had a better finish".

- Red cut a promo, denouncing both Maximos and the code of honor.

- The Maximos recovered and attacked Red!

IMPROMPTU TRIANGLE MATCH: JOEL MAXIMO vs. JOSE MAXIMO vs. THE AMAZING RED

- LOTS of innovative three-way moves, despite being a short match.

- Red got the pin on Joel after a sudden Code Red. (seemed like the finish was rushed)

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.75 stars, two guys had already blown up and the other was Red".

- Security had to escort Red out because of the rabid crowd.

FOUR WAY ELIMINATION MATCH for the vacant ROH TAG TEAM TITLES: THE NATURAL BORN SINNERS vs. DIVINE STORM vs. CHRISTIAN YORK & JOEY MATTHEWS vs. THE BRISCOE BROTHERS

- Sinners = Boogaloo & Homicide

- Divine Storm = Chris Divine & Quiet Storm

- Briscoes = Jay & Mark

- These four were originally scheduled to compete in the semifinals of the RoH Tag Title tourney. Due to RoH's closing, the semis & final were grouped into one four-way match.

- Homicide pinned Jay Briscoe after the Cop Killa.

- 'Cide escaped Storm's Storm Cradle Driver and threw him out of the ring, but Divine hit the SCD and pinned him.

- Matthews & York took Storm out with The Full Effect, then York pinned Divine after the Southern Cross (Michinoku driver II).

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.5 stars, plenty of double-team moves any tag fan should enjoy".

INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT MATCH: KAZ HAYASHI vs. FRANKIE "THE FUTURE" KAZARIAN

- It was rumored Hayashi's appearance had been cancelled due to the company closing, so the crowd was very appreciative. This was both wrestlers' first & last RoH appearance.

- Hayashi dominated the match, but only got the pin after TAKA MICHINOKU hit Frankie with a Michinoku driver!

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.75 stars, weird finish distracted from a MUCH higher rating".

- Backstory note: TAKA had debuted in RoH at Honor Invades Boston where it was learned that ALLISON DANGER (did not appear at Final Battle) had married him to keep him in the U.S after he lost his citizenship in an NWATNA match. She also promised a wave of Japanese wrestlers would invade RoH soon.

- TAKA raised Hayashi's hand... but Hayashi locked on a crossface chickenwing and forced Michinoku to tap out!

2 out of 3 FALL MATCH: "THE ANARCHIST" DOUG WILLIAMS vs. SCOOT ANDREWS

- Lots of mat wrestling in this slow, methodical match.

- Andrews won the first fall after Williams missed a top rope kneedrop and got rolled up.

- Andrews reversed a gutwrench suplex, then hit the Force Of Nature to win the match two falls straight.

- Scott Keith's rating: "1.5 stars, if you like slow ones... this is still too slow".

THE FINAL CHAPTER: "THE FALLEN ANGEL" CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. XAVIER

- Backstory note: Xavier had been Daniels' follower in RoH's "Prophecy" faction. After losing to Low-Ki at Honor Invades Boston, Daniels blamed Xavier who was ringside but held true to the "code of honor" and didn't interfere. For weeks, Daniels had tormented Xavier but this is the first one-on-one confrontation they've had in RoH.

- Xavier missed 450 Degrees Of Fear (450 splash) and Daniels hit Last Rites (roll of the dice) for the pin.

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.5 rating, I don't get why the live audience was so into it".

- After the match, Daniels put Xavier over in a promo, saying he "proved something to himself tonight".

- Daniels gave Xavier his #1 Cotender's Trophy, then quickly boarded a plane for a 2-week tour with World Japan.

RoH TITLE LADDER MATCH: LOW-KI (champion) vs. MICHAEL SHANE

- VERY tame match, especially for a ladder match.

- Ki took some nasty bumps off the ladder, but hit the Ki-Krusher on Shane.

- Ki got the belt, successfully retaining the title.

- Scott Keith's rating: "2.75 stars, both guys were holding back a lot".

- Roadkill ran in and attacked Ki, then stole the belt again.

- Roadkill escaped, but Shane couldn't when Ki grabbed him.

- The ENTIRE RoH locker room emptied and attacked Shane!

- The show ended with the RoH roster standing over Michael Shane with the crowd chanting "thank you".

Post-show notes...

- After the match, flyers were passed out with the following info:

NWA: Ring of Honor presents Unscripted

Saturday, September 21st in Philadelphia

NWA:RoH Title Match

Low-Ki (champion)

vs.

Xavier (#1 contender)

International Tag Team Challenge

TAKA Michinoku & Prince Nana (with Allison Danger-Michinoku)

vs.

A.J. Styles & Paul London (with Simply Luscious)

Submission Match

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson

vs.

"The Anarchist" Doug Williams

Non-Title Match

NWA:RoH Tag Team Champions Christian York & Joey Matthews

vs.

Da' Hit Squad

10-Man Elimination Match

The Natural Born Sinners, Little Guido Maritato, Brian XL & Mikey Whipwreck

vs.

The Boogie Knights, The Briscoe Brothers & Chris Divine

Former NWATNA Stars Collide

Jose Maximo

vs.

Frankie "The Future" Kazarian

plus...

the new NWA:RoH Commissioner will be appointed by the NWA Championship Committee!

card subject to change without notice

12:00 midnight, end of show... and RoH.

So, if I understand right, you've bought out ROH? That's cool. Gives plenty more talent to work with, especially in the X-Division.

Nice writeup, too. The ROSE stuff was a lot like what was happening in early ROH, and the way that TAKA got to stay in the US? Worth a laugh.

Hehe, Corino is even whipping ass when he isn't in TNA! That's great.

You're correct. It was either buy it or watch it go bankrupt. I opted for the former and opened a developmental. All the RoH talent is there as well as a few undercard guys. Guys who were both RoH & TNA employees were divvied up between the main roster and development. I'll likely add in a quick RoH write-up with the monthly recaps as well, seeing as they're sort of fun to do. As for TAKA, he's back and in development so I needed a convincing cover story. That was the best I could do... sadly.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 4th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: HeatStroke

By Jimmy Kirk

"What a wild summer it's been here in NWATNA!" Eric Shaffer said, standing at ringside, "Good evening and welcome to HeatStroke! We've had a great time here in Florida this summer and tonight, we say goodbye with a BANG! Tonight, you're going to see the men who will go head-to-head for the NWA Title on opposite sides off the ring as Steve Corino teams with Jeff Jarrett to face Dan 'The Beast' Severn and Jerry Lynn! This is sure to be pure insanity, just like last week's Bunkhouse Stampede. Here... take a look!"

A short video played showing clips of last week's show, including Steve Corino's accidental guitar shot to Jeff Jarrett to give Dan Severn the win in their match, Jerry Lynn's attack on Ken Shamrock to give Corino the win in the battle royal and Jarrett's look of disgust at his partner as the show came to a close. "You'll see that great tag team main event," Shaffer said, "Plus eight X-Division stars going at it in an eight-man elimination match! It's total excitement! It's total energy! It's... Total NonStop Action!"

"Mike Tenay and Don West are your hosts," he concluded, "Order now and see all of this great action for only $9.95! Fans, the road to October 23rd, the NWA's 54th Anniversary begins tonight! Do not miss it! Until next time, this is Eric Shaffer, signing off from Pensacola, Florida." Eric gave a goofy wave to the camera before it cut to a shot backstage.

"Yeah!" Tully Blanchard exclaimed as Steve Corino strutted through a backstage corridor, "That's what I'm talkin' about, champ!" "WHOOOO!" Corino exclaimed, then high-fived fellow Extreme Horseman C.W. Anderson, "This is what we've been working towards, boys! The NWA Title... it's as good as ours. It's time for the Horsemen to once again rule the National Wrestling Alliance!"

"Hold on there, slapnut!" Jeff Jarrett shouted. Jarrett walked up to the trio, flanked by Ken Shamrock, "We need to talk... right now! I don't know what the hell kind of miscommunication we had last week, but it was supposed to be Jarrett versus Corino for the title! I scratched your back, Steve. You were supposed to scratch mine. Instead... you broke a guitar over it!"

"Jeff, listen," Corino said, "I'm sorry about that. I really am. You've got to believe that wasn't my intention, Jeff. I wanted to help you." Jarrett scowled. "You want to help me?" he said, "Fine. Let's go to Dory Funk Jr. right now! You tell him you're giving me your spot in the title match!" Corino burst out in laughter... then slowly stopped as he realized Jarrett's comment wasn't a joke. "I'm serious, Steve," Jarrett said, "We had a deal."

"Yes, Jeff," Corino said, "We HAD a deal. Notice the key word "had"? Our deal said until Bunkhouse Stampede, we were going to work together. Well, Bunkhouse Stampede was LAST week, Jeff. Our truce? It's over. I got exactly what I wanted out of it. Too bad you didn't. Besides, Jeff... I don't remember him being part of our arrangement." With that, Corino pointed at Shamrock, who immediately stepped in and got in his face.

"Listen to me, you little pile of puke," Shamrock said, "You didn't beat me last week. I was cheated... by Jerry Lynn. You didn't beat me because I don't lose. I'm a winner, dammit! I'm a winner! I'm..." "Easy, Ken," Jarrett said, stepping between them, "Don't tear him apart... yet. We've still got a match tonight... and he's still got to tell the committee that he's withdrawing from the title match."

"You know, you're adding a lot of additional stuff to our agreement," Corino said, "I think I will too. You want to add Ken Shamrock to this? Fine! Ken, there's more than enough room for you in this alliance... because The Extreme Horsemen are out! Enjoy your match tonight, boys. I've got bigger things to do anyway... like prepare for my title match!"

With that, Corino and the Horsemen walked away. "Oh, yeah?" Jarrett called back, "Fine! We will team up tonight! I need a partner I can count on anyway! You're going to regret this, Steve. That title is coming home to the 'chosen one'... with or without your consent! Come on, Ken." Shamrock followed Jarrett out, both upset over the obstinance of their former ally.