NWATNA: On The Road

C-MIL

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 4th, 2002

Dangerous Details: HeatStroke

By "Danger" Will Riker

The show opened with a look in Dory Funk Jr.'s office where a knock came at the door. "Come in," Funk said. The door opened and in walked "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, carrying a large envelope. "Ah, Dusty," Dory said, "Great to see you. Come in. Have a seat."

"Bebay, it feel so good to be back widda Eeendubyay, the muthasheep," Dusty said, "Thanks so much for invitin' me back." Dusty and Dory shook hands, then Dusty sat across from Funk's desk. "Not a problem, Dusty," Dory said, "The NWA Championship Committee proudly welcomes you."

"Yea, I know," Dusty said, "Bebay, I got somethin' for ya, though. I ain't gon' lie to ya. It ain't good news, bebay." Dusty handed Dory the envelope, which he promptly tore open. "What's this?" Funk asked. "It's from the boarda die-reccas," Dusty said, "Jus' read it."

Funk's eyes grew wide as they scanned the document. "What the hell?!" he shouted, "This... this is..." Funk continued stammering angrily. "Yeah, I know," Dusty said, "Lissen, bebay. Jus' be cool 'bout it." "Cool?!" Funk shouted, "Cool?! This is ridiculous, Dusty. I won't stand for it!"

Dory quickly stood up, gripping the paperwork tightly in his hand, then stormed out, leaving Dusty alone in the office. Rhodes quickly spun around the monitor on Funk's desk and flipped it on, then leaned back and propped his boots on the desk. The screen showed... Dusty leaning back, propping his boots on the desk, watching a monitor. "Hey!" he shouted, turning to the cameraman, "Git to the action, bebay!"

"What an incredible week it was, last week in Tampa!" Mike Tenay said, officially kicking off the show from the broadcast booth, "Hello, I'm Mike Tenay, here with Don West, and we are counting down to days until Corino versus Severn, a new NWA Champion will be crowned! If you saw our pre-show, you know just how combustible the elements suurounding the NWA Title are right now. Corino, now out of our main event, so it will be Jeff Jarrett and Ken Shamrock teaming up to take on Jerry Lynn and the man Sting selected to protect the NWA Title's lineage, Dan 'The Beast' Severn!"

"That's going to be incredible," Don West said, "But we're starting things off tonight with X-Division action! Tres Locos, especially Super Crazy, put up a tremendous fight last week in the Stampede. Tonight, they team with The Amazing Red. Red failed in his bid to win the X-Division Title from the captain of their opponents' team tonight... Jushin 'Thunder' Liger! Liger leads the incredible Jung Dragons and the always dangerous Blitzkrieg into battle. Mike, with this kind of talent all in one place, only one question remains... what the hell is a casket doing here?"

The shot zoomed in on a casket, located just to the side of the entranceway, serving as an uncomfortable omen for the eight wrestlers as they made their way to the ring for the opening bout. "I have no idea, Don," Tenay said, "A casket set up here in Pensacola... I don't know what it could mean, but I certainly don't like it."

EIGHT-MAN ELIMINATION MATCH

JUSHIN LIGER, BLITZKRIEG & THE JUNG DRAGONS vs. THE AMAZING RED & TRES LOCOS

Yang started things off with Crazy, who was visibly limping, likely the aftermath of Shamrock's anklelock seven days prior. Yang quickly targeted the leg, kicking at it before nailing Crazy with a flying cross body block. As Yang climbed up top... Hayashi tagged himself in and jumped in to make the cover. "That's either fantastic teamwork," West said, "Or Yang didn't know Hayashi was going to do that."

Juvi and Red quickly broke up Kaz' pin, then as referee Mickey Jay restrained them... psicosis slid in and nailed Kaz with his Psicostunner finisher, a variation of the classic Ace crusher! "It's over for Hayashi!" Tenay said as Crazy made the cover, "One! Two! NO! Kaz kicks out! Unbelieveable!" Crazy got up and positioned Kaz for his cross-arm powerbomb, but his ankle gave out! Hayashi snapped off a huracanrana and hooked both legs, getting the three count and eliminating Crazy.

Psicosis rushed in to replace Crazy, dropkicking Kaz in the leg. Psicosis positioned Kaz to deliver a second Psicostunner, but Hayashi reversed into a quick pinning combination, getting a near fall! Hayashi reached Blitzkrieg for the tag and he scored with a few forearm shots, rocking Psicosis. Blitzkrieg charged for a headscissor takeover... but Psicosis blocked the move and slung him behind him in a piggy-back position. From there, he grabbed his head and dropped to the mat, scoring with a colossal Psicostunner! One guillotine legdrop off the top, Psicosis evened the teams at three a piece.

Yang entered the ring and leveled Psicosis with a spinning kick, knocking him into his corner. As Yang delivered his trademark backflipping kick, Red reached over and tagged Psicosis' shoulder. Red rushed into the ring, but Yang immediately lit up him with a series of hard chops. Yang hooked Red up for a suplex, then backed towards the ropes, where Hayashi tagged himself in again. As Red hung upside-down, Hayashi climbed up top, crossed Red's legs... then drove him down, assisting Yang with the brainbuster! "The Dragon Driver!" Tenay cried out as Red's lifeless body hit the canvas, "One! Two! Three! Hayashi gets the pin!"

Down two to three, Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera launched into a desperate double-team assault on the Dragons, battering them to opposite corners of the ring. The crowd chanted "Liger! Liger!" but referee Mickey Jay stopped the X-Division Champion from entering the ring. The Dragons fought back, nailing Juvi and Psicosis with stereo spinkicks. Juvi rolled out of the ring, but Yang followed suit with a corkscrew pescado, while Kaz spiked Psicosis with a DDT. Kaz prepared to make the cover, but the crowd got the best of him and he tagged in Liger instead. Liger climbed up top and delivered his first shooting star press in NWATNA, swiftly resulting in Psicosis' elimination.

"Juvi is in big trouble now!" Don West said as Yang tossed the last remaining opponent for Liger and the Dragons into the ring. Yang and Hayashi unleashed a vicious dual kick combo on "The Juice" before Mickey Jay forced Hayashi out of the ring. Yang blasted Juvi with a superkick, then climbed up top, looking for Yang Time. In a near instant replay from the opening sequence in the match... Hayashi made the blind tag and leapt in for the cover.

"One! Two! What the...?!" Tenay said, "Yang just pulled Hayashi up off of Guerrera! What's he doing?!" Yang shouted and gestured at his partner, obviously upset that Kaz had interrupted his finisher. Hayashi gestured at him dismissively... then was rolled up by Juvi for the three! Yang and Hayashi exchanged heated words as Jay ordered Kaz to leave, while Juvi slowly got to his feet and shook off the cobwebs.

After Hayashi's departure, Yang turned around... right into a huracarana by Juvi! Juvi got two for his trouble before Yang countered the roll-up into a pinning combination of his own, also picking up a near-fall. Juvi kicked out, pulled Yang to his feet, then spiked him with a killer Juvi Driver! With his opponent down, Juvi headed up top, but not before casting a few aspersion in Spanish at the X-Division Champion on the apron. Juvi steadied himself on the turnbuckle, then flipped off, rotating 450 degrees in the air before splashing down on... empty canvas! "Yang moved!" West exclaimed as the lone Dragon remaining slowly crawled his way over to Liger for the tag!

Liger wasted absolutely no time in putting Juvi down with the Running Liger Bomb and scoring the pin. Juvi rolled out of the ring as Yang joined Liger in celebration, soon joined by Blitzkrieg. As his three partners rejoiced, Hayashi looked on from ringside, looking somewhat unnerved by the match result. "Look at that look on Hayashi's face," Tenay said, "Things between The Jung Dragons are not well it seems. It's unfortunate, but Hayashi looks to be incapable of enjoying this well-earned victory over a very tough team."

WINNERS: Jushin Liger, Blitzkrieg & The Jung Dragons via pinfall at 28:21

SURVIVORS: Jushin Liger & Yang

"Fans, we're all enjoying this great X-Division action," Eric Shaffer said as the scene cut backstage, "And right now, I'm standing by with another exciting X-Division performer. One-half of the incredible Youthanazia tag team, this is Josh Prohibition. Josh, together with Matt Cross, you comprise one of the fastest rising tag teams in the world today. However, with Matt's commitments overseas, what plans do you have here in NWATNA as a solo X-Division star?"

"Eric, first off, Matt and I are as committed as ever to becoming the best tag team in the X-Division," Josh said, "There are a lot of great teams, The Jung Dragons and Dos Locos, for example, but we hope that soon we'll have the opportunity to show that Youthanazia deserves to be considered in that league. With matches like the one we just saw, it's obvious that here in NWATNA, the X-Division is the place to be."

"Blah, blah, blah," said C.W. Anderson as he walked up, interrupting the segment, "You know what? I'm damn sick of all this hype about the X-Division! Here we are, just a few short weeks away from crowning Steve Corino as the new NWA Champion, and all you little losers care to talk about is your stupid X-Division. Ooooh, aaaah... you're all so impressive. Just know this. All your moonsaults and huracanranas, they don't match up to just one classic Anderson left hand!"

"C.W., with all due respect, nobody's trying to diminish the feats outside the X-Division," Shaffer said, "Honestly, how can you not be impressed by the performances given by these incredible athletes?" C.W. scoffed, then Josh chuckled. "I think I get it, Eric," he said, "You see, ol' C.W. here... well, last week he quite possibly set a record in the Bunkhouse Stampede. He came out, walked all the way to the ring... then got dumped right out by Super Crazy! Just because the X-Division stars showed you up, that's no reason to hold a grudge."

C.W. scowled at Josh... then nailed him with a left hand punch! "Get up, you son of a bitch!" he shouted as he pulled Prohibition to his feet, "You say you want an opportunity? Let's do it. You, get over here too!" C.W. grabbed the groggy Prohibition by the hair and Eric Shaffer by the collar, then dragged them throughout the backstage area out of view.

"What's going on back there?" Mike Tenay asked, "Eric? Eric, can you hear us? Don, C.W. Anderson has just... wait! Look! Here they come!" Anderson, Prohibition and Shaffer made their way to ringside. C.W. whipped Josh into the ring steps, then ordered Shaffer to enter the ring. Out rushed Tully Blanchard, smiling broadly as C.W. put the boots to Prohibition. Tully moved around to the timekeeper's table and demanded him to ring the bell. "It looks like we've got an unscheduled match here!" Tenay said, "C.W. Anderson and Josh Prohibition... with our own Eric Shaffer as the referee!"

C.W. ANDERSON with Tully Blanchard vs. JOSH PROHIBITION

Anderson pitched Prohibition in the ring and made a cover, but Josh raised his shoulder before Eric Shaffer could reach two. Anderson pulled Josh up and slammed him down... then pulled him up and slammed him again, causing Josh to grip his lower back in agony. Anderson again covered, but again Prohibition kicked out. C.W. grabbed Shaffer and ordered him to make it to three next time, scaring the first-time referee out of his skin.

C.W. clenched his left hand tightly into a fist, then took aim and fired... but missed! Prohibition ducked the blow, then nailed Anderson with a dropkick, knocking him up and over the top rope to the arena floor! Perhaps having a flashback to last week's Bunkhouse Stampede and his unceremonious ousting, Anderson pounded the canvas in frustration. meanwhile, Prohibition leapt over the top rope to the floor, catching C.W. with a DDT on the way down!

"What a move!" West exclaimed as Prohibition stood and soaked up the crowd's amazement before tossing Anderson back into the ring. Anderson wearily got to his feet as Prohibition climbed in through the ropes... but got caught by Blanchard! Tully grabbed Josh's foot and pulled away at it, but Prohibition merely kicked him off, sending him down to the floor. "Here comes the Drunken Driver," Tenay said as Prohibition set up for his T-Bone suplex. A well-placed elbow by Anderson blocked the move, then C.W. slung him down with a modified T-Bone, dubbed the Ferris Wheel.

Anderson hooked the leg and got three from Shaffer, but was far from finished. "Tully Blanchard just threw in a chair!" Tenay exclaimed as anderson lifted the weapon up off the mat and blasted Josh in the head with it, denting it severely! He tossed the chair to the mat, then whipped Josh into the ropes and drilled him with a spinebuster onto it! Following the hellacious move, Anderson shouted "Screw the X-Division!" to Shaffer and shoved him to the mat before making his exit with Tully, off to celebrate a decisive victory.

WINNER: C.W. Anderson via pinfall at 6:05

"Mike, these problems C.W. Anderson has against the X-Division, it reminds me of a war that began on July 10th," West said, leading in to a video package recapping the feud between K-Krush and Brian Kendrick. Clips included Kendrick earning an NWATNA contract by defeating Krush in a battle royal under questionable circumstances, Krush's repeated backstage attacks on Kendrick in the following weeks, then culminated with Krush's interference in the August 21st match between Kendrick and The Amazing Red. "Tonight, these two take one step closer to settling this," West said, "As we present the first in a best of five 'specialty series' between these two!"

BEST OF FIVE "SPECIALTY SERIES": MATCH ONE

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. K-KRUSH

Kendrick made a crucial error early on, going for a dropkick that Krush easily avoided. Krush began putting the boots to Brian, then held him down on the mat with a headlock. Kendrick fought his way up to his feet, then countered the hold into a top wristlock. Overpowering Krush was not an option, so Kendrick quickly broke the hold and grabbed Krush's head, dropping to the mat and driving Krush chinfirst into his knee! With Krush dazed, Kendrick made a cover, but Krush kicked out at two.

Krush recovered quickly and kicked Brian in the gut, then hooked him up for his N-Bomb gourdbuster! Kendrick blocked the move momentarily, then countered it by posting his feet off the top rope and flipping over Krush, dropping him with a variation of the blockbuster! Kendrick got another two count. Both men stood up and Kendrick attempred a back suplex, but Krush flipped backwards behind him. "He's going for Sliced Bread #2!" Tenay cried out as Kendrick spun Krush around.

Kendrick grabbed Krush's head, but Krush quickly shrugged him off, dropping him with a release back suplex. Kendrick kipped up and blasted Krush with a killer enzuigiri, cracking him in the back of the head with his foot with a sickening smack! Kendrick covered the fallen Krush for a sure pin... but incredibly, Krush kicked out just before three! "Back and forth, back and forth!" West exclaimed, "These two are so evenly matched it's ridiculous. The best part is... we're just getting started!"

Kendrick climbed the ropes and leapt off, attempting his Left Turn At Albuquerque frog splash. Unfortunately, Krush regained his composure enough to raise his knees, causing Kendrick's chest to collide with them! Kendrick bounced off of his foe and collapsed in the corner, clutching his ribs and struggling for breath. Krush got up and charged, looking for a flying forearm. Kendrick ducked out of the way, causing Krush's head to make contact with the ringpost! From there, a Sliced Bread #2 was all it took to give Kendrick a 1-0 lead in the series.

WINNER: Brian Kendrick via pinfall at 12:58

SERIES SCORE: Brian Kendrick: 1, K-Krush: 0

"Three weeks from tonight, these two go at it again in match two live in Lafayette, Louisiana!" West said, "Kendrick has a major psychological edge going into... OH! K-Krush from behind with an attack!" Krush clobbered Kendrick as he left the ring, then continued beating him on the ring apron. He hoisted Brian up... then dropped him with an N-Bomb through a ringside table! "No!" West said as Kendrick's body shattered the table, "Just that quickly, K-Krush took the advantage back! We need some help out here for Brian Kendrick!"

The crowd's booing drowned out Krush's theme song as he made his exit, passing medical personnel who rushed to pull Kendrick out of the wreckage. After they carried Kendrick to the back, Tenay and West began discussing the maun event tag team match, Jarrett and Shamrock versus Severn and Lynn. Just then... the lights in the arena went out! Seconds later, somber music began to play and a spotlight shone on the nearby casket. Out of the darkness, wearing a black suit, stepped Michael Shane.

"Dearly beloved," he said, "Today, we are joined to celebrate the life... and death... of Ring of Honor." With those words, he opened his coat and revealed the RoH Title, which he stole from the champion last week. "RoH was a promotion riddled with contradictions," he said, "It claimed to be a virtuous organization, yet discriminated against those who were simply too good. It claimed to be about honor, but really it was just a sloppy group of misfits who had to create their own playground because all the REAL promotions didn't want them."

"This is disgusting," West said as Shane smirked to the camera, "Michael Shane has absolutely no respect for anything. Fans, I can assure you RoH is not dead and that title is not Michael Shane's." "Before we officially lay this poor, unfortunate soul to rest," Shane said, "Is there anyone who would like to say something?" The vocal crowd in Pensacola didn't disappoint Shane, eagerly chanting "you suck" and "RoH". Despite the crowd noise, Roadkill, Shane's partner-in-crime last week, stepped up and embraced Shane before taking the microphone.

"Thank you for joining us on this sad, sad day," he said with mock sadness, "I understood RoH's pain far too well. You see, for years, I was forced to portray a gimmick. I came before you fans and tried to convince you I was 'the Angry Amish Warrior'. In short... I lied to you. I lied to you just like RoH lied to you. They told you they enforced the 'code of honor' because they wanted to give the fans good, clean wrestling. NO! They enforced it because it was a gimmick! They lied to you people! RoH wasn't about fairness, justice or least of all, honor. It was about marketing those concepts to you fans. It was about greed, corruption and egotism! Roadkill was a joke, just like the 'code of honor' was a joke. That's why I was proud to help Michael Shane, the true visionary, destroy it! I'm living up to a new name now... Codekill!"

"Destroy it?" Tenay said, "Shane lost last week by disqualification. These guys are insane." Shane opened the casket to reveal a slew of RoH merchandise, including DVDs and T-shirts, inside. He removed the RoH Title from around his waist and placed it inside. He kissed his finger, touched the belt one last time, then shut the lid. "You see, I told you simply and plainly," he said, "If I left Tampa with the RoH Title, the 'code of honor' would be destroyed. I did that. Now, RoH... you must 'honor' your end of the deal."

As Shane spoke, Codekill pulled a can of gas out and poured it all over the casket. "No!" Tenay shouted, "They're not going to do this to the RoH Title!" Shane took a few steps away, then pulled a match from his pocket and lit it. "And with this," he said, "We officially say goodbye to Ring of Honor. Thanks for the memories. Be sure to shake hands with Satan for us." Shane threw the match onto the casket, starting a roaring fire! "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust," he said, "When you're Michael Shane... everyone else just sucks."

"I can't believe this," Tenay said, "After the terrific, mutually beneficial relationship RoH and NWATNA have had over the past few months, for Michael Shane to do this is just unthinkable." With their damage done, Shane and Codekill made their exit, leaving ring technicians and production assistants to clean up the burning mess they had made. "Mike, one thing stands out though," West said, "Michael Shane is right. He DID say if he left Tampa with the title, the 'code of honor' would be eliminated. Now that the NWA has taken over RoH... are they going to enforce that decision? Fans in philadelphia can find out on September 21st. Check the new site, NWARoH.com for details!"

JERRY LYNN & DAN SEVERN vs. JEFF JARRETT & KEN SHAMROCK replacing Steve Corino

Shamrock attacked Lynn before the bell, slugging away at him with punches. Lynn battled back for a moment, but a Shamrock dropkick put him down on the canvas. Shamrock quickly applied a chinlock and kept Lynn grounded, breaking the hold momentarily to fire off a few shots, then coming right back to it. Lynn inched his way towards the rope, but just before reaching them, Ken reached over and tagged in Jarrett, who came in and put the boots to Jerry while referee Mark Johnson tried to force Shamrock out of the ring.

Jarrett spiked Lynn with a piledriver and made a cover, but Lynn kicked out. Jarrett whipped Lynn to the corner , but Lynn managed to avoid colliding with the turnbuckle and leapt up onto the middle rope. Jarrett charged in, but Lynn lifted his boot, nailing him in the face! "Tornado DDT!" Tenay said as Lynn drove Jarrett to the mat, "Now's Jerry's chance! Make the tag! Make the tag!" The crowd cheered as Lynn slowly made his way across the ring and tagged Severn. "Oh my!" Tenay said, "The Beast is unleashed!"

Severn immediately took Jarrett down with a butterfly suplex, then pulled him back up and gutwrench suplexed him down again. Jarrett got to his feet, but was promptly put back down by more suplexes as Severn established total dominance over 'the chosen one'. Severn drew his thumb across his throat, signalling for the end. He grabbed Jarrett and prepared to lock in a guillotine choke... but Jarrett charged forward, driving Severn's back into the corner!

Jarrett tagged Shamrock, then propped Dan on the top rope. Ken came in, climbed up and delivered a punishing superplex to his former UFC compatriot. Severn kicked out of the pin, but Shamrock stood and screamed, signifying he was entering his 'zone'. Shamrock slung Severn down with a belly-to-belly suplex, then hung on and pulled him up to his feet. He tried for a second suplex, but a few well-placed forearms by Severn broke his grip. Severn stepped in to deliver one more... but Ken grabbed him and belly-to-belly suplexed him again!

"Shamrock's looking for the trifecta!" Tenay said as Shamrock slowly pulled Severn back up. Again, Severn's forearm shots broke Shamrock's grip, but the persistent Shamrock hooked him up again. Severn's punches thwarted a second attempt at a third suplex, breaking Ken's hold once more. This time, it was Severn who went for the belly-to-belly! He grabbed Shamrock, but his own strategy worked against him as Ken punched his way to freedom. Ken abandoned his attempt at the trifecta and blasted Severn with a high kick... but Severn caught the foot! He pulled Ken in close and while holding the leg, delivered a brilliant fisherman's suplex!

Just then... Steve Corino hit the ring, armed with a steel chair! He quickly drove the chair into Severn's ribs, resulting in an immediate disqualification. "Corino's trying to get an early advantage over Severn!" West cried out as Corino continued to drive the chair into Severn's ribs. Shamrock stood up, totally irate over Corino's actions. He walked over and shoved Steve, but Jerry Lynn attacked him from behind! Corino resumed his attack on Severn while Lynn and Shamrock exchanged punches. Jarrett quickly stepped in and clipped Lynn's knee from behind, then pinned his arms back as Shamrock began unloading punches on him.

WINNERS: Jerry Lynn & Dan Severn via disqualification at 18:44

"Look at this carnage!" West said, "Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock... something's got to give in that situation. Then, you've got Corino and Severn, one of which will be our next NWA World Champion! Right in the middle is Jeff Jarrett. Mike, things here in NWATNA are getting out of control!" No sooner than West made that correct assessment... the music of Dory Funk Jr. hit! "Finally!" West said, "Let's get some order here!"

Funk stomped out from behind the curtain, looking irate. In his hand was the document from the top of the show. "You see this?!" he shouted, "NWA Board of Directors, do you see this?! This is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum! This is what you get! I've tried... God knows I've tried so hard to keep this place safe, to make sure it lives up to the NWA name. You people want to tie my hands? Fine! Let's see how you like it when the inmates run the asylum! NWA, hear this... I QUIT!"

"WHAT?!" West shouted as Funk threw down the papers, then the microphone and stormed off. As the three assailants stood over their fallen victims, looking on in disbelief, Don West left the booth and picked up the papers left by the now apparently former member of the championship committee. "Fans, I'm getting word from the production team that we are completely out of time!" Tenay said, "Next week, NWATNA celebrates freedom with a 100% free two-hour broadcast. Visit our website for details! For Don West, I'm..."

"Stop!" West said, waving the document wildly, "Mike, you've got to read this! We've got to tell the fans! This is incredible!" Tenay took the documents, then skimmed over them. Suddenly, his eyes grew wide. "Oh my God!" he shouted, "Tommy! Anybody in the truck! Please! We need a few more minutes!" Just then, the credits began to roll. "Please, guys!" Tenay shouted, just before the show went to black, "We have to give this information out! There..."

HeatStroke:

Jeff Jarrett & Steve Corino's alliance disintegrates.

- Overall Rating: 81%

Dusty Rhodes gives Dory Funk Jr. a message from the NWA Board Of Directors.

- Overall Rating: 72%

- Dory Funk Jr. gained overness from this segment.

Jushin Liger, Blitzkrieg & The Jung Dragons defeat The Amazing Red & Tres Locos.

- Overall Rating: 74%

- Crowd Reaction: 69%

- Match Quality: 79%

Josh Prohibition's interview is interrupted by C.W. Anderson.

- Overall Rating: 46%

C.W. Anderson defeats Josh Prohibition.

- Overall Rating: 64%

- Crowd Reaction: 52%

- Match Quality: 76%

Brian Kendrick defeats K-Krush.

- Overall Rating: 77%

- Crowd Reaction: 75%

- Match Quality: 80%

Michael Shane & Codekill host a funeral for Ring of Honor.

- Overall Rating: 71%

- Michael Shane gained overness from this segment.

- Codekill gained overness from this segment.

Jerry Lynn & Dan Severn defeat Jeff Jarrett & Ken Shamrock.

- Overall Rating: 78%

- Crowd Reaction: 64%

- Match Quality: 92%

- Ken Shamrock lost overness from this match.

- Dan Severn gained overness from this match.

Dory Funk Jr. quits the NWA Championship Committee.

- Overall Rating: 58%

Overall Rating: 66%

- Buyrate: 0.16

- Attendance: 2,770

- The Amazing Red: "I think I should be higher up the card."

- Kaz Hayashi: "I think I should be higher up the card."

- Blitzkrieg: "I think I should be higher up the card."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Codekill? Lame man, sorry but that has got to be the worst name I've ever heard...lol. Other then that little bit the burial ceremony was quite good. Still not feeling the Kendrick/Krush fued but I think it's just me. Corino more then makes up for it as he takes the chair to Severn. This is still solid, and still running well. keep this up cause if you don't *shakes fist*

If this document is important enough for not only Funk to quit but for DUSTY RHODES to carry around, then it's gotta be major!

I really didn't like the funeral segment. I understand why it happened that way, and I understand what they were trying to get across, but I don't think Shane and Codekill (hehe....it rhymes with Roadkill) are the guys to get this angle over.

Corino segments carry this show, but that's alright because that happens a lot from my standpoint.

Thanks, everyone. Sorry about the delay. I've gotten a bit off-track in regards to posting this. Here's hoping I can fix that. Anyway, here's NWATNA first FREE~! show. Enjoy.

NWATNA.com

Saturday, September 7th, 2002

Next: NWATNA Celebrates Freedom

By Katy-Jayne Myers

Fans, this Wednesday night is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to catch two full hours of NWATNA programming for absolutely nothing! NWATNA proudly celebrates freedom by offering you a special, no-charge edition of our weekly pay-per-view telecast. It's just our way of thanking our fans for helping us become one of the fastest growing wrestling promotions in the country today.

Due to time constraints, the contents of Dory Funk Jr.'s resignation letter remained a mystery when HeatStroke went off the air. However, they will be revealed this Wednesday night! Those in the know say this sudden announcement could potentially change the face of NWATNA forever.

Plus, with the Dan Severn/Steve Corino NWA Title match already booked, October 23rd's pay-per-view is shaping up to be NWATNA's biggest yet. One more match for this epic card has been slated and Mike Tenay and Don West will have that for you this week.

Also, you'll see never before seen footage from after Bunkhouse Stampede went off the air and so much more. You have absolutely no reason to miss this show, Wednesday, September 11th. Be there!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 11th, 2002

Dangerous Details: NWATNA Celebrates Freedom

By "Danger" Will Riker

"No!" West said, "Jeff Jarrett just spoiled an incredible main event!" Jarrett pulled Jerry Lynn up to his feet, then set him up for the Stroke. Lynn fought his way out of it, kicked Jarrett in the gut, then positioned him for the Cradle Piledriver! Before Lynn could execute it, Jarrett reached down and clubbed Lynn's injured ankle, knocking him to the mat. Jarrett slid out of the ring and grabbed his trademark guitar! He returned to the ring and took aim on Lynn... when suddenly Shamrock ripped it away from him!

"Ken Shamrock is completely insane!" Don West shouted, "He's got the guitar and Jarrett in his sights!" "Live by the guitar, you die by it, Jarrett!" Tenay cried out, "Do it, Ken! Do it!" Shamrock took aim and let the guitar fly... but Jarrett ducked! Jerry Lynn took the instrument right in the face, then fell to the mat in a heap! As Lynn grabbed his bloodied and broken face, Jarrett spun Shamrock around and nailed him with the Stroke! As the smoke cleared, Jeff Jarrett stood tall as the last man standing.

"I hope you saw that, Dory Funk!" Jarrett shouted after grabbing a microphone, "I hope you saw that, NWA Championship Committee! I hope the world saw it! I know you weren't going to let the debut of NWATNA on pay-per-view go by without crowning a new champion. Let me guess... the winner of this match was going to be given the title, right? Well... look in this ring right now. Who looks like a winner to you? Me, the chosen one, Jeff Jarrett! Now, I want... no, I need... no, I DEMAND that you get out here and give me what's mine! Give me the NWA Title!"

Just then... fireworks began popping off above the ring and the house lights dimmed. A lone spotlight hit the rafters and revealed a shadowy figure slowly descending on a cable! "My God!" Tenay said, "What is this?" "Mike, if this is what I think it is, get ready to hear these people erupt!" West said. The figure lowered in the ring, then released himself from the harness and cast it aside. As he turned to face Jarrett, the house lights came back up and the crowd went ballistic. "IT IS!" West screamed, "IT'S STING!"

Jarrett, stunned beyond belief, quickly cowered out of the ring and backed his way up the aisle, never taking his eyes off of the former franchise of WCW. "Sting?!" Tenay said, "It is Sting! He's here in NWATNA!" "Yes," West said, "But why? What's he doing here?" "I'm sorry, fans, but we've got to go," Tenay said, "Thanks so much for being a part of Total NonStop Introduction! Please remember us next Wednesday and every Wednesday, live on pay-per-view! Next week, Nashville KnockOut is live from Nashville! Check NWATNA.com for all details! For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay saying good night! My God! Sting!"

"At that moment, the wrestling world knew that a revolution had begun," Mike Tenay said, "A revolution called NWA Total NonStop Action. Hello, fans. I'm Mike Tenay, alongside Don West and tonight, we proudly present the best of NWATNA as NWATNA celebrates freedom. Tonight's show is dedicated to the memory of the victims of the tragedy one year ago. As America has tried to move forward, so have we, but we will never forget."

"As a result," Don West chimed in, "Tonight's show is presented free of charge. We thank you and your families for joining us as we celebrate freedom while remembering those lost." With that, a patriotic video package aired to the tune of the American national anthem. At the end, a graphic appeared asking for a brief moment of silence before the show continued.

"Tonight, we have a lot of great action and memories to share from the past three months," Tenay said, "Viewers of our last pay-per-view broadcast have been wondering about the resignation of Dory Funk Jr. We'll have those incredible details for you later in the show. Also, we've received word of another match being added to the October 23rd pay-per-view event commemorating the NWA's 54th anniversary. We'll announce that, along with showing you never-before-seen footage from August 28th's Bunkhouse Stampede."

"Mike, it's going to be a hell of a show," West said, "But let's live up to the name... Total NonStop Action! This first match was the NWATNA debut of one of the most controversial wrestlers to come through here to date, The Amazing Red. Fans, you're going to see things in this match you won't be able to believe. Get ready to see what NWATNA's X-Division is all about!"

BLITZKRIEG vs. THE AMAZING RED

"Fans may remember Blitzkrieg from his short stint in WCW," Tenay said, "He certainly caught my, as well as many others', eye with his amazing high-flying moves. Tonight, he'll be taking on quite possibly the next generation of the X-Division, The Amazing Red." Red, a Ring of Honor wrestler, asked for a handshake to start the bout... then kicked Blitzkrieg in the leg when it was granted! He quickly rolled Blitzkrieg up, getting a near-fall.

Red hooked on a waistlock, then there for a bit before spinning around and armdragging Blitzkrieg to the mat. Both men kipped up with lightning-fast quickness and locked up. Blitzkrieg slung Red into the ropes, but Red came back with a headscissor takeover... only to be caught in mid-air and planted with a DDT! Blitzkrieg made a cover, but Red kicked out just before three.

Blitzkrieg gave Red a few kicks as he slowly got up, then whipped him across the ring again. Again, Red went for the headscissors and again Blitzkrieg caught him for the DDT. Red quickly slipped free and leapt up, catching Blitzkrieg with a huracanrana. Blitzkrieg quickly got up and charged towards Red, but Red leapfrogged him and landed on his back! Red sat there for a moment, trying to steady himself... then flipped forward and slung Blitzkrieg to the mat in a powerbomb!

"Wow!" West said, "That was incredible! Now I know why they call this kid 'amazing'!" Red held Blitzkrieg down for a two-count, but Blitzkrieg kicked out and shoved Red away. Red continued to apply the pressure, blasting Blitzkrieg with kicks before scoring with a sick knee strike to the head! From there, Red stood over his prey, posed, then leapt over a standing shooting star press! "It's over!" Tenay said, "Impressive win for The Amazing Red with the Red Star Press!" "Fans, there was no trick photography there," West said, "This guy needs no special effects!"

WINNER: The Amazing Red via pinfall at 11:07

"Mike, as impressed as I was with Red," West started, "My opinion changed dramatically a few weeks later when he ended the wrestling career of Rey Misterio Jr. Red's a very talented high-flyer, but he truly believes he's the future of our sport and it's survival of the fittest. Red attacked Rey because the luck of the draw matched them up to face off in the X-Division Title tournament. A bit later, we'll show you the final round of that great tournament."

"The X-Division was certainly set the world on fire," Tenay said, "Wrestlers the world over came to try to earn an NWATNA contract on July 10th at X-Travaganza. In the end, the honor went to a young man named Brian Kendrick. Kendrick has certainly made the most of his time here in NWATNA, capturing the hearts of fans everywhere we go. Unfortunately, he's also captured a bit of unwanted attention from an NWATNA star."

"I've never seen someone with the kind of will to win this guy has, Mike," West said (of Brian Kendrick), "He'll literally put his..." "YO!" a voice said, cutting both West and Kendrick's celebration off, "Hey, white boy!" Out from behind the curtain stepped K-Krush, who limped out into the entranceway. "Listen up, man," Krush said, "Last week, you won an NWATNA contract. Not only that, you won the hearts of these fans. Hell, you even won yourself a permanent spot on NWATNA's highlight reel. About the only thing you didn't win... was the damn match!"

"Let me break it down for you," Krush continued, "You see that guy standing next to you in the zebra suit?" "He's talking about Chuck Berry, one of NWATNA's junior officials," Tenay said. "What did he see?" Krush asked, "I'll tell you. He saw a white man and a black man laid out on the floor! That's all he saw! You really think you won? Think again! You were at the right place, at the right time... and the right color, man. That's all. I'll tell you now like I told you and like I told an entire ring full of skinny crackers just like you... you ain't comin' in MY house! I stood before them all and said none of 'em were comin' into NWATNA. You? You're just the one that got away. You ain't going to get away... next time."

The crowd booed Krush's comments, but he merely sneered at turned to leave. He then paused and turned back towards the ring. "Oh, and before I forget... welcome to NWATNA," he said, then fired an angry glare at Kendrick. "DON'T get comfortable,"he said before throwing down the microphone and stepping back through the curtain. "A stern warning from K-Krush to our newest young star," Tenay said, "Nonetheless, Brian Kendrick is headed to X-Town on August 14th." "Mike, do you think K-Krush is right?" West asked, "I mean, we saw that tape probably fifty times and even we couldn't decide whether or not Krush's feet hit before Kendrick's." "I don't know, Don," Tenay answered, "But the idea of Krush questioning an official's judgment like that is unacceptable. That's a matter to be taken up with the championship committee, not here live on pay-per-view."

"Things between Krush and Kendrick only escalated from there," Tenay said, "Eventually, Dory Funk Jr. ordered a best of five 'specialty series' between the two. So far, Kendrick has a one to nothing lead in that series, but K-Krush is nowhere near out. The next match takes place at Turning The Tide in Lafayette, Louisiana on September 25th. Not only that, but we've learned that the 'specialty series' will be a series of special matches determined by the winner. After being driven through a table after match one, Brian Kendrick has announced match two will be a table match!"

"That's going to be incredible!" West said, "K-Krush wants to rid NWATNA of Brian Kendrick, but he's not the only star with a crusade. After being fired by Northeastern promotion Ring of Honor, Michael Shane brought that rivalry here to NWATNA. As you'll see in this next match, Shane's a guy who has absolutely no respect for his opponents, the fans or the rules. He has no respect for anything... especially the 'code of honor'."

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. MICHAEL SHANE

"Wow!" West said, "After what we've seen the past few weeks between these two, this is sure to be an intense encounter!" "Shane has been a thorn in Daniels' side since his NWATNA debut," Tenay said, "It seems after last week, Daniels petitioned the championship committee for a one-on-one match with Shane and it was most certainly granted! No outside interference here, Michael Shane. It's time for you to fight your battle with Ring of Honor toe-to-toe!"

Shane stepped forward, offering Daniels his hand, but Daniels slapped it away and immediately went to work on Shane. Daniels dropkicked Shane into the ropes, then whipped him across the ring and floored him with a spinning heel kick. As Shane struggled to get up, Daniels hit a running enzuigiri on him, putting him right back on the mat. He made a cover, but Shane kicked out. Daniels cinched in a reverse chin lock and drove his knee deep between Shane's shoulderblades, causing him to cry out in pain.

Daniels released the hold and gave Shane a few quick stomps to the face, then pulled him up and swept him down with an STO. He walked to the corner, then performed a breathtaking double-jump moonsault, crashing down on Shane! "He calls that the Best Moonsault Ever!" Tenay said, "Cover! Hook of the leg! One! Two! NO! Shane just barely got the shoulder up before three!" "It doesn't get much closer than that, Mike," West added.

Shane got to his feet and threw a few punches, getting Daniels to back away... then exploded out of the corner with a superkick! As Daniels staggered back into the opposite corner, Shane dropped to a knee in fatigue, or so it may have seemed. "What's he doing?" Tenay asked as Shane reached inside his boot, then pulled out an object, "Oh, no! It's a chain! Shane's got it wrapped around his fist!"

As Daniels got up, Shane advanced out of the corner and swung... but Daniels blocked it! Daniels hit a boot to Shane's gut, then hooked him in a front face lock. As he reached through and turned Shane around, positioning him for Last Rites... Shane clocked him in the side of the head with his chain-covered fist! "No!" Tenay shouted as Daniels collapsed to the mat in a heap, "Not like this! One... two... dammit! Michael Shane just stole the match!"

WINNER: Michael Shane via pinfall at 13:51

"Don, Michael Shane not only doesn't respect the 'code of honor', he, along with his ally Codekill, actually eliminated it!" Tenay said, "In a disgusting funeral segment on our last broadcast, Shane buried the RoH Title in a fiery casket, officially ending RoH's long relationship with NWATNA. Without the 'code of honor', RoH was set to go out of business before officially becoming an NWA affiliate. Now, NWARoH lives on, much to Shane's chagrin."

"Shane definitely had a plan to get rid of RoH," West said, "But he's not at all the biggest schemer in NWATNA. No, that honor goes to Jeff Jarrett. After using Barry Windham to make a mockery of Sting in a farcical match, Jarrett raised Sting's ire, causing him to be booked against former NWA Champion Dan "The Beast" Severn. The catch? Jarrett didn't know it! Jarrett was desperate to find out who his Bunkhouse Stampede opponent would be, and that desperation brought him to a new low on August 7th."

The scene cut to backstage, inside The Extreme Horsemen's locker room. Tully Blanchard was checking on Steve Corino as C.W. Anderson walked in. "You're crazy," Corino said. "I'm telling you!" Tully emphatically replied, "Jeff Jarrett came out and hit Kea with a guitar! I didn't believe it either... but he did!" "He's right," C.W. said, "What's going on here, Steve?" "I have no idea," Corino said, "Why would he do that?" As they discussed... a knock came at the door.

"Hello, anybody home?" said Jeff Jarrett as he entered, followed by his posse of Barry Windham and The Harris Twins, "Ah, there you are! Just the man I was looking for." Corino shot him a puzzled glance. "What do you want?" he asked, "And why the hell did you interfere in my match?" Jarrett laughed. "Consider that a sample," he said, "A sample of things to come, my friend. You're going to learn, when you ride with 'the chosen one'... life is sweet."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Corino asked, growing angry with Jarrett's stall tactics. "It's simple, son," Jarrett began, "I've been watching you and your associates and I must say... you've been doing a hell of a job. That stunt you pulled last week in the cage? Priceless. You guys are thinkers, and if there's one thing I respect, it's a man with a plan. That's why I'm here. I've got a plan, Steve... a plan you're definitely going to want to be a part of."

"What I suggest is simply this," he continued, "A truce. Until the end of Bunkhouse Stampede, you and I aren't going to be enemies. You see, Steve, in just three weeks, you're going to have a golden opportunity. You'll have a one-in-thirty shot of earning your way into that NWA Title match on October 23rd. With my help... I can make those odds a little bit better, Steve. Look around us right now. Yourself, the Enforcer, good ol' Tully, Heavy D, Big Ron and Barry Windham... six men, one-fifth of that match-up. How would you like it if your chances in the Bunkhouse Stampede were one-in-five, Steve?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Corino said, "You're saying that in the Bunkhouse Stampede, your boys are going to join forces with us?" Jarrett smiled. "That's exactly what I'm saying, Steve," he said, "I respect you, man. I do. I've seen what this team is capable of. I feel like you deserve a place in that match... as my opponent. If you'll let me, me and my associates, I'd like to help you get there." Behind Corino, Tully and Anderson exchanged excited glances, hopeful of the new-found union. Corino, however, squinted at Jarrett in skepticism. "What's the catch?" he asked.

"Ah, that," Jarrett said, "Simple. You see, you've got the Bunkhouse Stampede to win. Me? I've just got a simple one-on-one match. Unfortunately, I can't prepare for this match because I don't know who my opponent is. Apparently, Sting's got some plan up his sleeve to screw me over. You and your boys help me find out who it is... I'd have no problem helping you out. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Together, we can make sure that the NWA Title match will be Jarrett versus Corino. If you ask me, that's exactly what it should be."

Corino mulled it over for a moment, watching as Jarrett stretched out his hand. "We got a deal?" he asked, "Partner?" Corino looked at him, reached and took his hand, then said "One other thing. I want a favor. A personal one. Just make a note that you owe me one." "Steve, you're going to get everything you want and more," Jarrett replied, "You help me get into that title match, I'll help you get there. May the best man win in the end." "Don't worry," Corino said, "I will."

With that, Jarrett and company left the room, celebrating the newly-cemented alliance. "Steve, you sure that was the right thing to do?" Tully asked. "No," Corino said, "No, I'm not. Jarrett's no dummy though. He knows the power we wield around here. He'd be a fool to cross us before he's ready. C.W., go get Johnny Swinger. Tell him if he wants to be one of us, he needs to finds Sting's mystery man and take him out." "Johnny?" Anderson said, "You really want to let him in?" "Just relay the message," Corino said, "I have a plan of my own." With that, Anderson walked out and the shot faded back to the ring for the next match.

"Corino had a plan, and it proved effective," Tenay said, "Steve Corino was the eventual winner of the Bunkhouse Stampede, earning a chance to be in the upcoming NWA Title match. Jarrett, however, didn't win his match. Since then, the alliance between the two has fallen apart, and the introduction of Ken Shamrock to the mix hasn't helped matters."

"Mike, these alliances have a whole new opportunity though... next week!" West said, "Get this. Next Wednesday, live from New Orleans, Louisiana, NWATNA presents Strength In Numbers. It will be an eight-team, twenty-four man tournament. Eight teams of three will do battle in a series of elimination matches. The winning team... are you ready for this? The winning team... gains FULL control over NWATNA for the next three weeks!"

"This came about when Dory Funk Jr. resigned from his post," Tenay said, "His last official act as a representative of the championship committee was to organize this tournament. He's trying to show the committee exactly how much chaos he prevented while in office. We don't yet know why Funk decided to resign, but several journalists at NWATNA.com have been trying to get to the bottom of it."

"Still, Mike," West said, "This is pure insanity! The Extreme Horsemen, Steve Corino, C.W. Anderson and Tully Blanchard have already been added the names to the list of participants. You have to believe that Jeff Jarrett won't pass up this opportunity either. Even former NWA Champion Dusty Rhodes has thrown his name into the ring! Mike, can you imagine these guys in charge? With the anniversary show getting closer and closer, this could dramatically change EVERYTHING!"

NWA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. K-KRUSH vs. JUSHIN LIGER

"Obviously given what we've just seen," Tenay said, "The Amazing Red will not be a part of this match. This is a three way elimination match. If you're pinned or submit, you're gone. Last man standing leaves X-Town as the NWA X-Division Champion!" The three began the match with an intense three-way stare-down in the center of the ring, allowing the crowd to whip themselves into a frenzy, eagerly anticipating the declaration of the new champion.

Krush struck first, kicking Liger in the gut in preparation for the scissor kick. Kendrick quickly began wailing away on Krush, venting some of the friustrations of the past few weeks on him. Krush quickly overpowered Kendrick and hooked him up, looking for the N-Bomb. Just then... Liger sprang to life and dropkicked both men from the ring! Kendrick and Krush recovered and continued brawling at ringside... until Liger wiped them both out with a suicide dive! "Mike, these two are ignoring Liger and it's costing them!" West said, "The bad blood we've seen building up in recent weeks could wind up seriously costing one of these guys if this continues!"

Liger got to his feet and tossed Krush into the ring, but Kendrick nailed him with an enzuigiri before returning to the ring to face Krush alone. Kendrick and Krush continued their heated struggle, bashing each other with hard punches and forearm strikes. After ripping off Kendrick's bandage, resulting from the chain shot from Michael Shane earlier, Krush finally scored with a kick to the gut, then launched into the scissor kick... but Kendrick stood straight up, dodging the blow and causing K-Krush to splatter himself on the mat! As Krush sat up, Kendrick blasted him with a kick to the face, busting his lip open. As Krush spat the blood on the mat, Kendrick climbed up top.

He prepared to deliver a moonsault... but Krush kipped up and nailed him from behind, causing him to land on the top rope, then fall back, tying himself upside-down in the ropes. Firmly in command, Krush mocked Kendrick as he laid in the boots, while Kendrick desperately tried to cover up. Krush backed off momentarily, walking across the ring, ready to charge his defenseless victim. As Kendrick reached up, struggling to free his leg from the rope... Liger returned to the ring, kicking Krush in the back!

Krush turned and fired off a few shots, then whipped Liger into the ropes. Liger came charging back, ducked a clothesline... then blasted Krush with a vicious shotei palm thrust! As Krush stood there, dazed, Liger quickly lifted him up, looking for the running Liger bomb! "Can he get him?" Tenay asked as Liger wobbled, obviously struggling to keep his balance. Liger awkwardly stumbled towards the corner, while Krush flailed violently, desperately trying to stop Liger from dropping him.

Meanwhile, Kendrick had managed to pull himself up onto the ropes and free his leg. As Liger backed towards, Krush grabbed Kendrick's shoulders, using them as the only thing he could hold onto. Kendrick quickly stood up, reached and grabbed Krush's head... then backflipped off the top, delivering Sliced Bread #2 as Liger sat-out, powerbombing Krush at the same time! "My God!" West shouted, barely audible over the crowd, "I've never seen anything like that in my life! Liger's got the pin! One! Two! Three! It's over!"

After several replays of the daring double finisher, Krush rolled from the ring and was assisted to the back. "It's all come down to this," Tenay said, "Jushin Liger and Brian Kendrick... who will be our first X-Division champion?" Liger, showing his respect to the gutsy youngster, extended his hand offering a handshake. Kendrick neglected to shake the hand, but instead bowed to Liger, offering his respect... seconds before taking him down with an inside cradle, nearly getting the three count!

Liger kicked out, but Kendrick unleashed a kick combo, culminating with a shining wizard knee strike to the head. He again went for the pin but again Liger kicked out. Undaunted, Kendrick pulled Liger to his feet and grabbed his head, looking for Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick rushed to the corner and flipped off, but released Liger's head in mid-air and went sailing behind him. Kendrick scrambled to his feet and charged... running right into a superkick which reopened the cut on his forehead! Kendrick was rocked, but pulled it together long enough to attempt a huracanrana... while Liger quickly converted into a running Liger bomb! "One! Two! Three!" Tenay cried out as Chuck Berry registered the final fall.

WINNER & NEW NWA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: Jushin Liger via pinfall at 21:03

"That's what you can expect when NWA gold is at stake!" Tenay said, "The wrestlers simply fight harder with the title on the line. With Dan Severn set to face Steve Corino in just six weeks, things are getting intense. All the NWATNA stars want to establish their position in line, getting ready to challenge the new champion. As for Severn and Corino, they are preparing for the fight of their lives!"

"We just saw Jushin Liger," West said, "His mere presence just proves that NWATNA is the place to be! Every wrestler wants to wrestle here. Every trainer wants to train here. Every referee wants to referee here. I can speak for myself when I say, every announcer wants to announce here. I'm not the only one. Take a look at the newest face to the NWATNA team, Eric Shaffer. Man, this guy's a trip."

Standing backstage, donning a dapper suit, stood 34-year-old Eric Shaffer, the new backstage interviewer for NWATNA. "Thanks, Mike and Don," Shaffer said, "Allow me to introduce my guests at this time, joined by their new ally, Psicosis, here are Super Crazy and Juventud Guerrera... Dos Locos!" On cue, the three sauntered over to Shaffer, smiling proudly and chatting to one another in Spanish.

"Gentlemen, thank you," Shaffer said, "Last week, the world watched in horror as you collectively put legendary tag team wrestlers Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson through a table. Tell me... what went through your minds as this occurred?" Suddenly, the conversation stopped and the three luchadores looked at each other in bewilderment.

"Yo, you talkin' to me, mang?" Juvi asked. Shaffer nodded... then Juvi grabbed him in a headlock and ruffled his neat hairdo. "I just playing," Juvi said, "I know you was talkin' to me, mang. You askin' what we was thinking? Chingado, nosotros son locos! We don't think! We just do it, ese! We livin' la vida loca all the time, man!"

"I apologize," Shaffer said, "I don't speak spanish." Juvi looked at his partners, then back at Eric. "Say what?" he said, "I was talkin' ingles, fool! Ay, gringo estupido! No hablas espanol pues tienes trabaja." Juvi snatched the microphone away from Shaffer, then shoved him out of the way. "Just listen up," he said, "All you need to know is this. Dos Locos is now TRES LOCOS, ese! We got the most loco vato in all Mexico, Psicosis, to watch our back. Now, our next stop is Bunkhouse Stampede... where I'm going to win a shot at the NWA Title, mang."

At this comment, Crazy and Psicosis began angrily shouting in Spanish and shoving Juvi. Juvi shoved them back and three began a loud, unintelligible argument over which of them would be triumphant in the match. The argument continued as the trio walked off, leaving a disheveled Shaffer alone to pick up the microphone. "Mike, Don," he said, "Back to you... uh... amigos?"

"Ha ha ha!" West laughed, "Mike, Eric's learning even announcers have to pay their dues. As much as we make fun, we're glad to have Shaffer aboard... mostly because we don't want to have to deal with the Locos! Hey! I just thought of something, Mike. Imagine this. After next week... Tres Locos in charge! Ay Dios mio!"

Tenay chuckled. "Anything's possible when it comes to Tres Locos," he said, "Strength In Numbers next week will be a pivotal moment in our short but action-packed history. Perhaps more treasured than even the NWA Title is control of the company, but it will be at stake next week. We hope you've enjoyed this special broadcast, the best of NWATNA. However, there are many more great moments to come. Strength In Numbers next week, the continuation of K-Krush and Brian Kendrick's best-of-five series, the inmates running the asylum for the first time... all culminated by the 54th anniversary celebration and the crowning of a new NWA World Champion!"

"That's not all, Mike," West said, "That supercard, coming to you live on October 23rd, will feature not just the NWA Title match, but a falls-count-anywhere match! Ken Shamrock goes one-on-one with Jerry Lynn in a rematch of our first main event. However, this time, the ring won't be expected to contain this fight! This all started August 28th at Bunkhouse Stampede. As we went off the air, Steve Corino had just been named the winner, thanks to Lynn's attack on Shamrock. Here now to conclude this free broadcast, never-before-seen footage of the melee that followed. Enjoy and we'll see you next week in N'awlins!"

With that, the studio shot cut to footage taped on August 28th, moments after the Bunkhouse Stampede 2002 pay-per-view telecast left the air. Steve Corino, along with The Extreme Horsemen, left the ring in celebration as Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock brawled at ringside. Lynn drove Shamrock into the ringpost, but as he moved in to capitalize, Shamrock bashed Lynn's head on the steps, busting him open!

As the ringside referees from the battle royal tried to break it up, Shamrock tossed the bloody Lynn into the ring... then grabbed Billy Silverman and pitched him inside also! As Lynn crawled towards the ropes, Shamrock ordered Silverman to call for the bell. Silverman refused... then took a belly-to-belly suplex! Shamrock hooked on an anklelock momentarily, causing Billy to signal the timekeeper for a bell. "Mike, it looks like we've got an impromptu match right here! We may be off the air... but this is Total NonStop Action!"

JERRY LYNN vs. KEN SHAMROCK

Shamrock released the hold on the ref... then turned around and got blasted by a dropkick from Lynn! Lynn grabbed Ken and tried to deliver a belly-to-belly, but Shamrock reversed it, throwing Lynn down. He made a cover, but Lynn narrowly escaped. Shamrock argued it was three, but Silverman insisted Lynn got the shoulder up. Shamrock's responded to Silverman... which a punch to the jaw! Silverman fell to the mat, completely unconscious, as Shamrock continued his attack on Jerry.

Shamrock delivered his trifecta belly-to-belly suplexes, then made another cover. As Mark Johnson and Jim Molineaux pulled the unconscious Silverman out of the ring, Mickey Jay slid and made the count. Again, Lynn shocked Ken by kicking out at two! Shamrock glared menacingly at Jay before returning to his attack. He whipped Lynn hard into the turnbuckle, then propped him on the top rope for a super belly-to-belly suplex. Incredibly, Lynn broke out of it and spiked Ken with a tornado DDT!

Lynn neglected to go for the cover and pulled Shamrock up, then rolled him up with a huracanrana for a two count. Ken kicked free, but Lynn pulled him up and dropped him with the spinning TKO, one of his signature finishing moves. Lynn had Shamrock finished, but again neglected the cover. He brought the crowd to their feet by signalling for the cradle piledriver! Lynn hoisted Ken up and locked his legs... but Shamrock grabbed Lynn's wrist and applied an armbar while hanging upside down in mid-air!

Lynn managed to free his wrist and reposition Ken, but Shamrock quickly countered, hopping onto Lynn's shoulders, looking for a huracanrana! Lynn held Ken there for a moment, then backed towards the ropes, sending both men spilling over the top to the floor! Once there, they simply tore into each other, punching and kicking like mad. In the ring, Mickey Jay registered the ten count and waved the bout off.

Despite the frantic ringing of the bell, Lynn and Shamrock continued to brawl, engaging in a tug-of-war over a steel chair at ringside. The ringside referees tried to step in, but one-by-one found themselves laid out by the two warriors. Security reached the scene and successfully pried them apart... but Lynn began swinging the chair wildly, bashing several of them in an attempt to get at Shamrock. With the referees and security down, Shamrock, out of desperation, grabbed the camera from a cameraman filming the carnage and blasted Lynn with it! The final seconds showed a horizontal view of a bloody Lynn collapsing, then nothing but static.

RESULT: no-contest via double count-out at 15:34

NWATNA Celebrates Freedom:

Sting debuts and chases Jeff Jarrett away. (originally aired 6/19)

- Overall Rating: 85%

The Amazing Red defeats Blitzkrieg. (originally aired 7/3)

- Crowd Reaction: 62%

- Match Quality: 100%

K-Krush "welcomes" Brian Kendrick to NWATNA. (originally aired 7/17)

- Overall Rating: 70%

Michael Shane defeats Christopher Daniels. (originally aired 7/24)

- Overall Rating: 78%

- Crowd Reaction: 68%

- Match Quality: 89%

- Michael Shane gained overness from this match.

Jeff Jarrett makes a proposition to Steve Corino. (originally aired 8/7)

- Overall Rating: 86%

- Steve Corino gained overness from this segment.

Jushin Liger defeats Brian Kendrick and K-Krush. (originally aired 8/14)

- Crowd Reaction: 76%

- Match Quality: 87%

- The NWA X-Division title has gained in image.

Tres Locos discuss their strategy for the Bunkhouse Stampede.(originally aired 8/21)

- Overall Rating: 71%

Jerry Lynn wrestles Ken Shamrock to a double-countout.

- Overall Rating: 83%

- Crowd Reaction: 77%

Overall Rating: 79%

- Buyrate: none

- Attendance: none

- Terry Taylor: "Blitzkrieg and The Amazing Red work pretty well together due to their similar styles."

- Blitzkrieg: "I think I should be higher up the card."

- Brian Kendrick: "I think I should be higher up the card."

My apologies for how long this has taken to get back on track. I accidentally deleted the textfile and luckily managed to undelete it all, so this diary should be back on track soon. Again, sorry everybody.

NWATNA.com

Saturday, September 14th, 2002

Next: Strength In Numbers

By Katy-Jayne Myers

Three men must come together and battle for the right to have total control over the next three weeks of NWATNA programming. Never before and likely never again will the stakes be this high for a tournament. After much investigation, we at NWATNA.com have successfully uncovered all eight of the entrants set to compete. One of the following teams will be in command for the next three weeks...

- Juventud Guerrera notified NWATNA.com that Tres Locos will be a part of Strength In Numbers. Juvi, Super Crazy and Psicosis will take on The Extreme Horsemen in the first round of action! After being eliminated from Bunkhouse Stampede by Crazy, C.W. Anderson attacked Psicosis, making this match about a bit more than simply advancing to the next round for both teams.

- Jeff Jarrett could not resist the chance to wield authority in NWATNA, joining forces with Ken Shamrock and Barry Windham to form his team. Together, the three will face a formidable team led by Dan "The Beast" Severn. Severn will partner with Taiyo Kea and Don "The Predator" Frye. Both men are back in the States after a stint in Japan. Kea has a grudge to settle with Jarrett from last month, while Frye has become a force in UFC rings under Severn's tutelage.

- At the final Ring of Honor show on September 2nd, The Amazing Red denounced former partners, Los Maximos along with the now-defunct 'code of honor'. Unsurprisingly, this act endeared him to Michael Shane and Codekill, fellow anti-code crusaders. Red, Shane and Codekill will team up to take on X-Division JAPAN, three exciting stars from the Far East. X-Division Champion Jushin Liger will side with The Jung Dragons to face the dishonorable "Code Red" team.

- After delivering the news that sent Dory Funk Jr. into a tail spin, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes has thrown his cowboy hat into the ring, looking to restore order to NWATNA. Rhodes will accompany two of his star pupils from Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling, his school in Texas. Together, they will face three hand-selected opponents chosen by Ricky Steamboat, commissioner of World Wrestling All-Stars. Team WWA hopes to expand their promotion's exposure using NWATNA broadcasts to promote their upcoming Inception pay-per-view.

All this... plus the return of Honky Talk! Which army will rise to power in the biggest war in NWATNA history? Find out live this Wednesday as NWATNA presents Strength In Numbers, exclusively on pay-per-view!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 18th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: Strength In Numbers

By Jimmy Kirk

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS TOURNAMENT: QUARTERFINAL

THE DREAM TEAM vs. TEAM WWA

"Fans, we've got so much action to get to tonight, it's spilled over onto our pre-show!" Mike Tenay said as the show opened, starting with the opening bell, "This is our first match of the evening, with the winning team moving on to compete later tonight to continue their attempt to take control of NWATNA programming. Fans, representing World Wrestling All-Stars are three men hand selected by Ricky Steamboat. In the corner, you see the team of Native Blood, Navajo Warrior and Ghostwalker. The team captain is in the ring and needs no introduction... he is Shark Boy!"

"Their opponents are led by 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes," Don West said, "They're a hot young team trained by the Dream, Sonny Siaki and Jorge Estrada! Mike, keep your eye on these two throughout this match!" Estrada quickly dropped Shark Boy with a dropkick, then tagged out to Siaki who blasted him with a hard clothesline. Siaki showed some shades of his training, taking Sharky down with a bulldog for a two-count. Seconds later, Siaki tagged in the big man, Dusty Rhodes. "Listen to this ovation!" West said as Rhodes stepped into the ring.

Shark Boy took the opportunity to tag in Ghostwalker, but Dusty quickly scooped him up and slammed him right back down. Dusty used a back suplex to put him down, then began his crowd-pleasing gyration, setting up the bionic elbow. Ghostwalker rolled out of the way, causing Dusty's arm to connect with nothing but canvas. Unfortunately for Team WWA, Ghostwalker's attempt at a flying clothesline was dodged and Dusty bounced the elbow off his forehead, knocking him senseless. "Cover! One! Two! Three!" Tenay said, "The Dream Team take a three-to-two advantage in this elimination match. Don, when you're eliminated from one of these matches... it's for the night! It's so crucial to keep as many team members as you can alive throughout this tournament."

Navajo Warrior replaced his tag team partner and fared much better, battering the former NWA Champion with a series of chops to the chest. Dusty staggered back towards the corner where Estrada tagged in. Navajo kept firing off chops on his fresh opponent, then whipped him across the ring. Estrada came charging back into a Samoan drop... but Estrada managed to counter with a crucifix and roll Navajo's shoulders to the mat for the pin! "That's it, Mike!" West said, "It's all up to Shark Boy now!"

Suffering from a three-to-one deficit, Shark Boy fought valiantly, but was caught by a dropkick from Estrada. Estrada quickly twisted Sharky's arm, then tagged in Siaki who scaled the turnbuckles. Estrada hoisted Shark Boy up onto his shoulders... then Siaki leapt off the top and delivered a flipping neckbreaker to him! Simply put, that was it. "Rhodes, Siaki and Estrada get an impressive win!" Tenay said, "Not only that, but this team will be at full strength in the semi-final round! Fans, don't miss the rest of this tournament tonight! Strength In Numbers is live and only on pay-per-view! We'll see you next week from Lafayette!"

WINNERS: The Dream Team via pinfall at 8:20

SURVIVORS: Dusty Rhodes, Jorge Estrada & Sonny Siaki

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 18th, 2002

Dangerous Details: Strength In Numbers

By "Danger" Will Riker

X-DIVISION JAPAN vs. CODE RED

The pay-per-view telecast began with the introduction of the respective teams, Michael Shane, Codekill and The Amazing Red followed by The Jung Dragons and NWA X-Division Champion Jushin "Thunder" Liger. Kaz Hayashi and Shane began the contest with a lock up. Shane overpowered Kaz and whipped him into the ropes, but Kaz bounced off and scored with a spinning kick, then dropped a big elbow onto Shane's chest. Hayashi pulled Shane up, then hoisted him up in a brainbuster position as Yang climbed up to the top rope. "This looks like that tandem spike brainbuster the Dragons have been using. They call it the Dragon Driver!" Tenay said, "If they hit it, it's over."

Unfortunately for Yang, Hayashi merely dropped Shane in a standard brainbuster. Yang, perched atop the turnbuckle, shouted at Kaz in Japanese. The two engaged in conversation... as Shane rolled Hayashi up for the pin! Yang quickly jumped down off the top to replace his partner, flooring Shane with a flying clothesline. Yang fired off a series of kicks on Shane, then lifted him up for another brainbuster. Shane flipped over behind Yang, spun him around, then floored him with a superkick! Unfortunately, Shane was too winded to capitalize and crawled towards the corner to tag in Red.

Yang crawled towards Liger, but Red grabbed his ankle and dragged him back to the center of the ring. After a few stomps, Red signalled for the Red Star Press. Just then... Rey Misterio Jr.'s music hit! "What in the world?!" Tenay exclaimed as the crowd came to their feet. Red stared at the entranceway, shuddering with fear. Suddenly, a huge pyrotechnic display erupted! Red quickly ducked out of the ring, hopped the guard rail and rushed through the sea of fans towards the nearest exit. "Fans, Red is out of here!" Tenay said, "I guess he's not interested in sticking around to see if Rey misterio Jr. actually shows his face... or what's left of it after that heinous attack from July."

Mickey Jay adminstered the ten-count, then called for the bell, signifying Red's count-out elimination and evening the sides at two. Codekill stepped in and attacked Yang, nailing him with a neckbreaker. He made a cover, but Yang kicked out at two. Yang mounted a short comeback, thanks to a few punches, but 'Kill hoisted him up in the torture rack, then dropped him with a neckbreaker. "He calls that the Codebreaker," Tenay said, "And it's a devastating move... but not as devastating as this! Big splash off the top by the massive Codekill! One! Two! Three!"

Jushin Liger, the last man remaining for X-Division JAPAN, quickly hopped into the ring and charged Codekill, wailing away with palm strikes. Liger attempted a huracanrana, but 'Kill hung on and prepared to drop him with a powerbomb. Unfortunately for Codekill, Liger rolled forward into a sunset flip, putting his shoulders down for three and turning the match into a one-on-one showdown. Michael Shane quickly hit the superkick on an unsuspecting Liger, then climbed up top for the Picture Perfect elbow. Liger rolled out of the way, causing Shane to hit nothing but mat. One magistral cradle later, Liger's hand was raised in victory.

WINNERS: X-Division JAPAN via pinfall at 13:33

SURVIVOR: Jushin Liger

"Jushin Liger moves on to the semifinal round!" West said, "He's going to be at a big disadvantage though as he'll have to face his next match by himself. That's what makes this competition so unique, Mike. These teams are only as strong as their weakest link and right now, even if it is by default, Jushin Liger is the weakest link for his team." As Tenay and West previewed the final two quarterfinal round matches, the ring was set up for the long-awaited, or not, return of Honky Talk.

The Honky Tonk Man's music hit and out he came, cruising up the aisle in a pink Cadillac. He got out of the car and entered the ring, gesturing to the fans as he did so. "My oh my!" he said, "It's great to be back here in NWATNA, live on pay-per-view! I know the past few weeks have been a little disappointing without me here, but rest assured... Honky ain't gonna leave y'all again!" The crowd booed heavily at this news, but Honky continued smiling. "Now, I've learned my lesson," HTM said, referring to his skirmish with "Fabulous" Jackie Fargo, "No more of these old fogeys here on Honky Talk. From now on, we're about the future! With that said, please welcome the future challenger for the NWA X-Division Title... Christopher Daniels!"

Daniels' music hit and "The Fallen Angel" walked to the ring to a healthy applause. He paused for a moment to stare at Honky's car in the aisle before continuing to the ring. "Greetings," Honky said warmly, "Welcome to Honky Talk, baby! From this day forward, you can finally say you've made the big time!" Daniels looked at Honky, rather unimpressed.

"Now, the breaking news is that on October 23rd, you're going to be challenging for the X-Division Title," HTM said, "You see, my guest here went over to Japan and won some kind of tournament. Here you go. Roll that footage." On HTM's order, the show rolled a quick clip of Daniels defeating Tiger Mask IV in World Japan with Tiger's own tiger suplex. "Now," Honky said as the scene cut back to the ring, "It's interesting to me how this all came about. I mean, Jushin Liger comes from Japan to America and wins the NWA X-Division Title. You go from America to Japan and win the World Japan junior heavyweight tournament. Sounds kind of similar."

"It was an honor to compete before the Japanese fans," Daniels said, "Jushin Liger is a legend in Japan, Honky. His name is known the country. It's far from similar. For Jushin liger, our NWA X-Division Title is mere the top of a long list of accolades. For me, winning that tournament is a springboard to the next step... becoming a living legend in my home country. I have nothing but respect for our champion and I know he has nothing but respect for me. October 23rd, I look forward to competing with him."

"Hmmm..." Honky said, "I suppose you're right. I mean, Liger is a big star the world over and you... well, you're... not, I guess. You're right. I apologize for putting you in the same league as Jushin Liger, Chris. It's obvious to me now that you're simply... well, not." The crowd booed Honky, but Daniels raised his hand, asking for their silence. "An apology isn't necessary," he said, "Besides, I'm not in the same league as Jushin Liger... yet."

"Of course, baby," HTM said, "Just to be clear though... I was apologizing to Liger. I mean, to say that the two of you are on the same level, or even close... well, it just sort of diminishes all the great things he's done in his career, things you've never done and probably won't ever do. In fact... hell, what was I thinking? I should've had HIM on my show this week! I apologize to all my fans. Believe me, it won't happen again. New rule for Honky Talk... no old fogeys... and no losers." Just then, Daniels ripped the microphone away from Honky.

"I've had just about enough of this," he said, "Liger, October 23rd... may the best man win. Just know this. A win over you could make my career. It means a lot more to me than it does to you. That means I'm going to fight harder than you. I'm not saying I'm going to beat you, Jushin. I have far too much respect for your abilities to be so cocky. What I will say is this... you, in all your years of wrestling, will have never faced a tougher opponent. I'm going to give you all I've got. I'm going to study you. I'm going to train like my life depends on it, because to me... this IS the fight of my life. If I can beat you, I will. If not... then at least I'll know that I gave you a fight like no one else has before. That's not a threat. That's not a promise. That's the gospel... according to The Fallen Angel."

"Mike, this X-Division is heating up," Don West said, "We know now it'll be Christopher Daniels challenging the NWA X-Division Champion for the title on the biggest show in NWATNA history, the NWA 54th Anniversary! That's not the only war the X-Division has seen as of late. At Bunkhouse Stampede, C.W. Anderson was eliminated by Super Crazy and took it upon himself to attack Psicosis. Since then, Anderson has announced plans to wage war on the X-Division. Tonight, Anderson and the Extreme Horsemen take on Tres Locos. Which of these teams is moving on to our semi-final round?!"

TRES LOCOS vs. THE EXTREME HORSEMEN

Two of the three finalist in the Bunkhouse Stampede began the match as Super Crazy locked horns with The Extreme Horsemen's team captain, Steve Corino. Crazy fired off some quick punches, then attempted a headscissor takeover. Corino shoved him away, then scored with a Russian leg sweep. Corino tagged in C.W. Anderson then whipped Crazy off into the ropes. Together, the Horsemen floored Crazy with a double clothesline. Anderson drew his thumb across his throat, signaling for the end. He whipped Crazy to the ropes, then caught him in a spinebuster... but as he spun around, Crazy cradled his head and tucked him into a small package for three!

"C.W. Anderson is gone!" Don West cried out as "The Enforcer" looked in disbelief while referees escorted him away from the ring. Corino and Blanchard both jumped into the ring and began putting the boots to Crazy until the referee pulled Corino off and ordered him to return to his corner. Tully hoisted Crazy up in a suplex, then bounced him off the top rope, slingshotting him into the air. Crazy shifted his weight in mid-air and dropped to the mat, spiking Tully with a DDT!

Both men crawled to their corners, but in his disorientation, Tully crawled to the wrong corner. Crazy tagged in Psicosis as Tully pulled himself up and reached for a tag that was simply not there. Psicosis charged Tully and nailed him with a punch, then climbed up top and delivered ten more while the crowd counted on in Spanish. At diez, Psicosis jumped down and slung Tully across the ring into the opposite corner. He signalled for a running dropkick... but Corino jumped off the apron, grabbed Tully and pulled him to the mat, causing Psicosis' feet to bounce off the top turnbuckle. The wily veteran quickly regrouped, hooked Psicosis' legs and propped his feet on the middle rope, picking up a cheap, albeit effective, pinfall elimination.

Juventud Guerrera replaced Psicosis and battered Tully with harsh chops, then climbed up top and scored with a missile dropkick. Juvi hit the Juvi Driver and Super Crazy rushed in to prevent Corino from breaking up the three count. "Here we go!" Tenay said, "Corino is the last man standing and he's up against Dos Locos, one of NWATNA's most dominant teams. We're finally going to get to see exactly what this guy is made of, fans."

Dos Locos quickly took charge of the match, trading off quickly and keeping Corino in their corner. Juvi lit him up with a series of chops, then held him inposition for a missile dropkick by Crazy. Together, the duo gave the high sign for their Locomotion finisher. Crazy hoisted Corino up while Juvi climbed up top to deliver a leaping huracanrana on the elevated victim. Unfortunately, Corino managed to wriggle free of Crazy's grip during Juvi's flight, causing Juvi to nail his partner in the back of the head with a kick! As Crazy collapsed, Juvi checked on him... then took the Old School Expulsion! "One! Two! Three!" Tenay said, "Juventud is out! Fans, in just one tremendous mistake, Dos Locos have lost all their momentum in this bout! Cover on Super Crazy... kickout!"

To Corino's shock, Crazy had indeed kicked out of the pin attempt. Corino pulled Crazy up to his feet and positioned him for Old School Expulsion, but Crazy managed to flip backwards and connect with a unique reverse DDT style drop! Corino rolled out of the ring, perhaps more surprised than injured by the move. As Crazy slowly pulled himself to his feet, Corino ripped a chair away from a ring attendant and took it into the ring with him. He took aim, but referee Jim Molineaux quickly interjected, grabbing the chair from him. As he turned to toss it from the ring... Crazy charged Corino, driving the chair right into Molineaux's face!

The ref hit the deck and Crazy and Corino began slugging away. Corino delivered a boot to the gut and hooked Crazy for a fisherman's suplex... but Crazy fought his way free. After another short exchange of punches, Crazy hit Corino with a gut shot of his own, then splattered him across the canvas with a powerbomb! "Crazy's got the pin here... but the ref is out!" West said, "It doesn't seem to bother him though... besides Super Crazy is headed up top!"

Crazy moved to the corner, but not to the top rope. Instead, he pounced on the bottom rope and sprang off, hitting a moonsault. He returned right back to the corner and delivered a second, this time from the middle rope. Crazy again went to the corner, perching on the top rope. He gracefully backflipped off... but Corino grabbed the fallen chair and draped it over his body! Crazy smashed into it face-first, knocking himself cold! Seconds later, Molineaux had recovered enough to spot Corino crawl to make a cover and counted the three, giving The Extreme Horsemen the victory.

WINNERS: The Extreme Horsemen via pinfall at 18:12

SURVIVOR: Steve Corino

"One down!" Corino shouted into the camera, "Two to go!" He stepped out of the ring and began making his way up the aisle to a chorus of boos. Just then... Dan "The Beast" Severn's music hit! Severn walked out and stared down Corino briefly, then walked past him and down to the ring. "It's time for our final first round match of this tournament," Tenay said, "Dan Severn has assembled quite a team for this challenge. Ever since his debut at Bunkhouse Stampede, he's truly become a force here in NWATNA."

Don "The Predator" Frye entered next. Tenay pointed out that Frye was trained by Severn and made emerged as a formidable opponent in both UFC as well as Japan. "This will be his NWATNA debut, however," he said as Taiyo Kea's music hit, "And he's got quite a pair of partners when you add in this man, Taiyo Kea. You may notice some bruising on Kea's face. Those are the results of an incredibly brutal match Kea had in the BattlArts promotion in Japan last week. Mind you, as bad as Kea may look... he ultimately was victorious."

Jeff Jarrett made his entrance to an intense chorus of boos, followed by Barry Windham. Rounding out their team was Ken Shamrock, but as Shamrock's music played... he was nowhere to be found. "What's going on?" West asked as the camera showed a shot of the puzzled expressions of Jarrett and Windham in the ring. Just then... Shamrock emerged from the curtain, crawling on all fours. Shortly after, Jerry Lynn stepped through wailing away on him.

"My God!" West exclaimed as Lynn spun Shamrock around, hoisted him up, then dropped him with the cradle piledriver, "Cradle piledriver in the entranceway! Shamrock could be seriously injured! Fans, this fight has been brewing for weeks... but the falls-count-anywhere match isn't until October 23rd! At the rate these two are going, they may not be able to make it!"

Referees quickly rushed out, dragging Lynn back behind the curtain as several medics came out and tended to Shamrock. Scott Armstrong, the scheduled referee for the match, walked up the aisle along with Jarrett and Windham who were eager to assess Shamrock's condition. As Ken was quickly carted out on a stretcher, Jarrett shouted at Armstrong to disqualify Severn's team.

"Mike, it looks like Jeff Jarrett's team is going to have to start this match off at a disadvantage," West said, "Ken Shamrock's out of here and... it looks like the referee is ready to get this bout underway!" Jarrett refused to enter the ring, demanding his team not be penalized for Jerry Lynn's attack. Despite having a fair complaint... the referee would have none of it. He called for the bell and began counting Jarrett and Windham out! Jarrett stood defiant, adamantly refusing to wrestle a handicap match. As the referee's count reached seven... Windham abandoned his partner and rushed to the ring, breaking the ten count and officially kicking off the match!

JEFF JARRETT & BARRY WINDHAM vs. DAN SEVERN, DON FRYE & TAIYO KEA

Windham walked right into a takedown by Frye, who immediately pounced on top of him and began battering him with vicious strikes. Barry wriggled his way to the ropes but Frye was relentless, continuing to assault Windham as Chuck Berry administered the five-count. From the apron, Severn shouted at Frye to stop before he was disqualified. Frye did as his master ordered and tagged in "The Beast". Meanwhile, Jarrett stood at the entrance, silently protesting the match with a sour look on his face.

Severn advanced on Windham, but Barry caught him with a boot to the gut, then scored with a DDT. He made a cover but Severn easily powered out. Windham attempted a second DDT but Severn countered into a Northern lights suplex, garnering a near fall of his own. Severn tagged out to Kea who received a nice ovation for gutting out some visible injuries to compete. Together, Kea and Severn hit Windham with a double suplex, then Kea followed up with a brutal shining wizard knee strike! He made the cover, but astonishingly Windham kicked free at the count of two.

Kea scooped Windham up, then dropped him across his knee with a backbreaker. With Windham in position, Kea climbed up top to deliver the finishing touch. Just then... Jarrett charged down the aisle and shook the ropes, causing Kea to land crotch-first across the turnbuckle! Jarrett cheered his partner on as Windham got up, locked Kea in a front facelock, then spiked him with a top rope DDT! Moments later, Taiyo Kea was sent to the back, the victim of a pinfall elimination.

"The odds are now even," Tenay said as Jarrett assumed his rightful position on the apron, "But Windham got to make the tag here." Severn stepped in and took over, incapacitating Windham with a cross-chest armbreaker. Severn held Windham in the hold, attempting to force out a submission... but Windham managed to reach the ropes and force a break. Once free from "The Beast", he immediately made a beeline to Jarrett for the tag.

Jarrett offered Severn a traditional Greco-Roman knucklelock... then thumbed him in the eye! Jarrett popped Severn with a few punches before nailing him with a piledriver. He grabbed Dan's leg and twisted it, prepraing to apply the figure four. Luckily for "The Beast", he managed to kick Jarrett off into the turnbuckle, then tag in "The Predator".

Frye rushed in, but got caught with a big punch to the stomach. As Frye doubled over, Jarrett took him down with an inside cradle, nearly getting the three-count. Frye quickly recovered and scored with a belly-to-belly suplex, then splattered Jarrett on the mat with a powerbomb. He grabbed Jarrett's wrist and applied a standing armbar. Jarrett backed towards his corner and Windham threw a few punches towards Frye, with none able to connect. Dodging Windham's punches took Frye's focus off of Jarrett, who threw a kick and nailed him in the groin! "There's the Stroke!" West said, "One! Two! Three! He got him! Mike, Jarrett and Windham's teamwork has taken them from a one-man disadvantage to a one-man advantage in this!"

"You're right, Don, but don't forget... the last man they need to take out isn't just any NWATNA star," Tenay said as Dan Severn stepped through the ropes and glared at his foes, almost daring them to step forward. Jarrett accepted the challenge, blasting Severn with a big haymaker. Severn returned the favor and the two began slugging it out in center ring. Severn took the upper hand, connecting with several hard shots in succession. Jarrett, in a desperation move, thrust his shoulder into Severn's rib cage and powered him back into the corner. Unfortunately for the self-professed "chosen one", he let his guard down. Severn quickly slipped his arm underneath Jarrett's chin, then cinched in the guillotine choke!

Jarrett panicked and backed away from Severn, dragging him out of the corner and to the center of the ring. Once there, Severn took the hold to the mat and hooked it in deep. "Jarrett's tapping out!" Tenay shouted, "Jarrett's giving up... but Barry Windham's got the referee's attention! This should be over!" As Jarrett frantically pounded the mat, Windham grabbed tight hold of Chuck Berry's collar, refusing to release him.

Just then... Steve Corino rushed out with a chair! Trapped beneath Jarrett's body weight, Severn was helpless as Corino delivered three brutal shots to his head, rendering him senseless. With the damage done, Corino and his weapon made a hasty exit, while Windham reported Jarrett's cover to the ref. Jarrett pinned the unconscious Severn, granting he and his partner the upset victory and a birth in the semifinal round.

WINNERS: Jeff Jarrett & Barry Windham via pinfall at 23:09

SURVIVORS: Jeff Jarrett & Barry Windham

"This was a robbery," West said, as Chuck Berry helped Severn to the back, "Pure and simple. I don't know whether it was this alliance between Corino and Jarrett or whether Corino just wanted to gain an upper hand over Severn in the title match. but this was a travesty of justice." Just then... Dusty Rhodes' theme hit! Out came Rhodes, Siaki and Estrada. "Fans, let this be a lesson," West continued, "There is no rest for the wicked! Jeff Jarrett, Barry Windham... you're not out of the woods yet!"

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS TOURNAMENT: SEMIFINAL

JEFF JARRETT & BARRY WINDHAM vs. THE DREAM TEAM

Before Jarrett could even clear his head, Jorge Estrada began peppering him with right hands. After a Russian leg sweep, Estrada tagged in Dusty who hoisted Jarrett up for a big back suplex. Estrada grabbed his head and drove him down with a neckbreaker. Rhodes made a cover, but Jarrett kicked out at two. Rhodes quickly locked on a sleeper, trying to put the already ring-worn Jarrett down for good. Jarrett fought his way up... then swung his leg back and caught Rhodes in the crotch! As Dusty grimaced in pain, Jarrett lunged to Windham for the tag. Barry quickly capitalized, blasting Dusty with a flying lariat, then hooking his jeans and scoring the pin, on top of giving New Orleans an unwanted view of Dusty's crack. "He really IS the son of a plumber!" West quipped as Dusty hiked his pants up and left the ring.

Siaki and Estrada took advantage of the situation, stepping in to doube team Windham for a moment. Eventually, Siaki returned to the apron as Estrada hit a neckbreaker and made a cover. Windham kicked out. Estrada gave a few stomps to the back as Windham got up, but Windham fired back with some punches. Estrada attempted a hiptoss... but Windham blocked it and leveled Jorge with a clothesline! The force caused both men to topple over the top rope to the floor, crashing to ringside. Siaki quickly rushed over and delivered a killer spinebuster to Windham while Jarrett joined the fray, stomping away on Jorge. As the four brawled away, the referee counted to ten and called for a bell.

"It seems that referee Mickey Jay has ruled this a double count-out," Tenay explained, "Windham and Estrada are gone! We're down to one-on-one action from here on out as either Jeff Jarrett or Sonny Siaki is headed to the finals!" Siaki nailed Jarrett with a dropkick on the floor, then pitched him in the ring. As he climbed in, Jarrett quickly attacked, bashing him with a kneelift. Jarrett dragged Siaki to center ring and threw a punch... but Siaki blocked it and snatched Jarrett in a sit-out pumphandle slam, driving Jarrett's head into the canvas! "This could be a huge upset!" Tenay said as Siaki made the cover, "One! Two! NO! Jeff Jarrett hangs on!"

Siaki pulled Jarrett up and positioned him for the Siakolypse, a variation of the swinging neckbreaker. Jeff fought out of it hit Sonny with a snap DDT. He made a cover, but this time it was Siaki's turn to make the surprise kick out. Jarrett continued his aggression, hitting the Stroke which served as an effective final blow, putting Siaki's impressive debut night to an end. "There you have it!" Tenay said, "Jeff Jarrett, facing obstacle after obstacle, overcomes with the Stroke and moves on to the final round of action!"

WINNERS: Jeff Jarrett & Barry Windham via pinfall at 17:49

SURVIVOR: Jeff Jarrett

"Jarrett's going to have a difficult task ahead of him though," West said, "He'll either face Steve Corino, one of the competitors in the NWA Title match... or the NWA X-Division Champion, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger. The longer this match goes, the better Jarrett's chances will be because just as we just saw, whoever wins will be immediately put into our final round. Mike, with so much riding on this next match, the very control of NWATNA, I'm not sure these guys are going to be able to conserve any energy for the finals!"

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS TOURNAMENT: SEMIFINAL

JUSHIN LIGER vs. STEVE CORINO

Corino offered Liger a pre-match handshake... then arrogantly pulled back his hand and ran his fingers through his hair, taunting Liger as the bell rang. Liger quickly retailiated, dropping Corino with a neckbreaker, then dropping three elbows on his chest before making the cover. Corino kicked out at two and got to his feet, his confidence visibly shaken by Liger's flurry of offense.

Corino reeled off a chop on Liger, but the X-Division Champ quickly returned the favor, lighting Corino up with a chop of his own. The two continued trading chops, with liger's seeming to cause a bit more damage than Corino's. Steve took the upper hand by driving his knee into Liger's gut. Corino hoisted Liger up and moved in position to hit him with his own Running Liger Bomb. It proved to be a foolish strategy as Liger easily countered his finisher and took Corino down with a reverse victory roll, getting a two-count.

Corino fired a kick, but Liger caught it, spun him around, then drilled him into the canvas with a German suplex, getting another two-count. Liger climbed up top and hit a missile dropkick, then hooked on a leg clutch submission hold. Corino was too close to the ropes for the hold to be effective, but Liger remained aggressive. After a short string of kicks, Liger hooked Corino up for a brainbuster, but Steve managed to overpower Liger and counter by hoisting Liger up and propping him on the top rope.

Corino climbed up and attempted a superplex, but a few shots to his ribs stopped that. Liger shoved Corino off and to the canvas, then leapt off, looking for a springboard huracanrana. Corino caught Liger in mid-air, spun around... then charged and planted him with the Running Liger Bomb! "Corino's got the pin!" Tenay said, "It's got to be... NO! Jushin 'Thunder' Liger kicks away at two! The match continues!"

Corino peeled Liger off the mat, then delivered the Old School Expulsion on him, surely ending the bout. Just then... Dan Severn rushed out! Donning a bandage across his forehead courtesy of the three chair shots two matches prior, Severn pulled Corino off of Liger and wrapped him up in the guillotine choke! Referee Billy Silverman immediately called for the bell as Corino frantically struggled to escape Severn's vice-like grip.

WINNER: Steve Corino via disqualification at 12:36

SURVIVOR: Steve Corino

"Mike, this is getting completely out of hand!" West said, "Somebody's got to do something about these two... but who? NWATNA is completely out of control! Dory Funk Jr. is gone and just as he said... the inmates are running the asylum!" Silverman tried to pull Severn off of Corino, but to no avail. Corino's flailing slowly stopped as Severn continued to choke the life out of him in center ring. Eventually, the combined efforts of Silverman, Jim Molineaux, Scott Armstrong, Chuck Berry and Mickey Jay managed to pry Severn's forearm from Corino's throat and drag him out of the ring.

"Corino is out! Severn choked him out!" Tenay said as Mark "Slick" Johnson checked in on him. Just then... Jeff Jarrett's music hit and Jarrett strutted his way to the ring, smiling broadly. The referee rushed to ringside to stop him from coming down, informing him that Corino was hurt. Jarrett pushed Johnson to the side. "The show must go on!" he shouted, making reference to the sentiment following Ken Shamrock's injury earlier in the night. Jarrett climbed into the ring and demanded a bell, beginning the final round of the tournament, the match which would determine who would assume control over NWATNA.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS TOURNAMENT: FINAL

JEFF JARRETT vs. STEVE CORINO

"You stupid son of a bitch! We made a deal!" Jarrett shouted, berating the unconscious Corino, "We made a deal and next week... I'm going to make you hold up your end of it!" After concluding his tirade, Jarrett dragged Corino to the center of the ring, taunted the crowd, then made a cover. "One. Two. NO! Corino kicks out!" Tenay shouted, "My God! How the hell is Corino still in this thing?!"

Jarrett, stunned by Corino's determination, backed off and watched in awe as Corino slowly crawled to the ropes and used them to pull himself up. Jarrett quickly swooped in a hit him with a side suplex, then made another cover. Again, Corino made a gutsy kick-out. Jarrett tried again following a Samoan drop to the same effect. Finally, Jarrett chose to end his frustration with a superplex. He propped Corino on the top rope and climbed up to take him down... but Corino countered, dropping Jarrett face-first to the canvas!

Corino climbed down off the top and approached Jarrett, firing off a series a weary right hands. His fatal mistake was attempting a Russian leg sweep which Jarrett reversed into the Stroke. Combined with the punishment of the first two rounds and his attack by Severn, Corino had absolutely nothing left when Jarrett made the cover. "That's it! It's over!" Tenay proclaimed, "Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock and Barry Windham win the tournament!"

WINNER: Jeff Jarrett via pinfall at 5:14

SURVIVORS: Jeff Jarrett

"Mike, tonight was complete and total chaos," West said, "Between Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn and Steve Corino... things were just completely of control. Now, someone has the control, Mike. That man does... Jeff Jarrett." Jarrett climbed to the top rope and raised his arms in victory, soaking in the boos of the Louisiana crowd. "It's MY world!" he shouted, "NWATNA... it's MY world now!"

Strength In Numbers:

The Dream Team defeats Team WWA.

- Overall Rating: 45%

- Crowd Reaction: 39%

- Match Quality: 52%

- Sonny Siaki debuted his new "all-american" gimmick, it got a negative response.

- Jorge Estrada debuted his new "all-american" gimmick.

- Shark Boy debuted his new "shark boy" gimmick.

X-Division JAPAN defeats Code Red.

- Overall Rating: 76%

- Crowd Reaction: 65%

- Match Quality: 88%

Honky Talk features Christopher Daniels.

- Christopher Daniels gained overness from this segment.

- The Honky Tonk Man gained overness from this segment.

The Extreme Horsemen defeat Tres Locos.

- Crowd Reaction: 65%

- Match Quality: 83%

Jerry Lynn eliminates Ken Shamrock.

- Overall Rating: 62%

- Jerry Lynn lost overness from this segment.

- Ken Shamrock lost overness from this segment.

Jeff Jarrett & Barry Windham defeat Dan Severn, Don Frye & Taiyo Kea.

- Overall Rating: 65%

- Crowd Reaction: 56%

- Match Quality: 74%

Jeff Jarrett & Barry Windham defeat The Dream Team.

- Overall Rating: 63%

- Crowd Reaction: 62%

- Match Quality: 64%

Steve Corino defeats Jushin Liger.

- Crowd Reaction: 77%

Jeff Jarrett defeats Steve Corino.

- Crowd Reaction: 58%

- Match Quality: 91%

Overall Rating: 72%

- Buyrate: 0.17

- Attendance: 2,945

- Terry Taylor: "You overused Steve Corino at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him."

- Terry Taylor: "You overused Jeff Jarrett at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him."

- Sonny Siaki: "I think I should be higher up the card."

Dammit! Corino was so close! A pretty insane match rating for Corino/Jarrett though, a rematch after one of them turns face (and after Corino wins the belt) would rule. Though as far as face turns on these two go, it'd better be Jarrett *shakes fist*

Daniels on Honky Talk was pretty interesting, if for no other reason than because it provided a chance for him to give himself a bit more personality. I see him beating Liger by cheating and turning heel. I'm still quite amazed at how you took an over-the-hill ex-wrestler like Honky and made him fairly interesting.

Corino/Jarrett final, works for me as I love both men. Like SC up there, I'm surprised at the crowd reaction. The hell happened there? Honky Talk was great, specially his insults towards Daniels and his apology, I loved that. Everything else just seemed there to me, other then Red taking off which was funny as hell.

Thanks, guys. It's good to get back to this. :) i too was surprised by Jarrett/Corino's match quality and it rather sucked I had to write the abbreviated match I did but it wouldn't have made sense to write it another way. Hopefully, I can do their next match proper justice. Tristan, the crowd reaction bottoming out was likely a combo of heel vs. heel and the fact that both had already appeared and won twice during the show. The crowd would've been pretty much dead by then, so it made sense. Anyway, thanks again for the feedback!

NWATNA.com

Saturday, September 21st, 2002

Next: Turning The Tide

By Katy-Jayne Myers

After a grueling tournament, the team of Jeff Jarrett, Barry Windham and Ken Shamrock have earned full control over NWATNA for the next three weeks. The trio kick off their administration this Wednesday as Jeff Jarrett controls Turning The Tide!

We at NWATNA.com have learned a few of Jarrett's plan for his week on the throne. Jarrett will open the show as a guest on Honky Talk where he will lay down the law to the NWATNA roster. Sources close to Jarrett say his first proclamation will have serious ramifications on the NWA World Title match on October 23rd!

After winning the first match, Brian Kendrick has chosen to continue his best-of-five "specialty series" by turning the tables on K-Krush... literally! Krush will face Kendrick in NWATNA's first-ever table match. If Krush wins, he'll choose the stipulation for match three, while if Kendrick wins, Krush will have to pick up three straight victories to win the series.

The NWA X-Division Title will also be at stake. Jushin "Thunder" Liger will defend against the winner of a 10-man battle royal to be held during our free pre-show! Last Wednesday, Christopher Daniels promised to be studying Liger very closely this week. Will Liger even make it to the 54th anniversary as champion?

After suffering a piledriver on the concrete floor, Ken Shamrock was forced to sit out last Wednesday's tournament. This Wednesday, Eric Shaffer will be on hand with an update on Shamrock's condition. Plus, The Amazing Red will comment on his behavior at Strength In Numbers. Red was a victim of what is being called a backstage prank during the show. We'll have his side of the story live!

It all goes down this Wednesday in Lafayette, Louisiana! Just $9.95 gets you all the action in the comfort of your own home! The road to the NWA Anniversary continues this Wednesday. Don't miss it!

NWARoH.com

NWARoH Unscripted DVD Review

By Bill Banks

IPB Image

On Sale October 5th

Unscripted: Goodbye... For Now is the first release by NWARoH and features exclusive footage of the Unscripted event filmed on September 21st, 2002. Chris Lovey and Gary Michael Cappetta provide commentary for all of the matches.

1. 10-MAN ELIMINATION MATCH

The show kicked off with a fantastic 10-man tag team match up. Mikey Whipwreck led his protege Brian XL in into along with The Natural Born Sinners and Little Guido Maritato against Chris Divine, The Boogie Knights and The Briscoe Brothers. Fans of crazy, off-the-wall action will love this one, including the surprise ending that needs to be seen to be believed!

- Mikey Whipwreck was pinned after a spike piledriver by The Boogie Knights.

- Danny Drake pinned Brian XL after a superkick.

- Little Guido Maritato pinned Mike Tobin after the Sicilian Slice (rocker dropper).

- Mark Briscoe hit Homicide with the Cutthroat Suplex and pinned him.

- Moments later, Guido forced Mark Briscoe to submit to the Sicilian Crab.

- Guido pinned Jay Briscoe after the Sicilian Slice.

- Boogaloo hit Danny Drake with a shining wizard and pinned him.

- Chris Divine blocked Boog's shining wizard and hit one of his own for the pin.

- Guido hit the Slice on Divine but Mikey Whipwreck came out and demanded Guido hit Divine with a chair. After a brief argument, Divine hit a Michinoku driver on Guido for the win!

- Chris Divine survives the match and wins!

- Rating: 55% (CR: 42, MQ: 68)

Runtime: 29 minutes

2. A CHALLENGE IS MADE

Moments after the dramatic ending to the match, Little Guido Maritato gave Mikey Whipwreck a piece of his mind, challenging him to an impromptu match right there! Fans of ECW, this should bring back some memories for you.

- Guido ripped the microphone away from the ring announcer.

Guido: "Dammit, Mikey! What the hell are you doing?! You know what? I'm sick of the NWARoH promoters throwing us together like the ECW charity squad! I'm sick of you CONSTANTLY screwing things up around here! Most of all, I'm sick of you being a poor representative of what ECW stands for! I'm starting to think that this place simply isn't big enough for the both of us, Mikey. So what do you say? You... and me... LOSER LEAVES TOWN... right f****n' now!"

- Mikey Whipwreck demanded John Finnegan ring the bell and start the match!

- Rating: 59%

Runtime: 4 minutes

3. TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES

To the sounds of "ECW! ECW! ECW!" Little Guido Maritato took on Mikey Whipwreck in a loser-leaves-town match! Guido had a significant disadvantage after putting in almost 30 minutes of ring time before hand but the Philly crowd supported the Sicilian Shooter. Unfortunately for Guido, Mikey had a back-up plan that put Guido's NWARoH career in serious jeopardy.

- This was a phenomenal back and forth match-up.

- Guido hit the Slice... but out came Brian XL!

- Brian tried to hit Guido with a chair... but missed and clocked Mikey!

- Guido hit XL with the slice, then locked Whipwreck in the Sicilian Crab!

- Mikey tapped out giving Guido the victory!

- Rating: 66% (CR: 52, MQ: 81)

Runtime: 16 minutes

4. SUBMIT OR SURRENDER

The #1 Contender's Trophy was at stake as "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson took on "The Anarchist" Doug Williams in a submission match. With pinfalls, disqualifications and count-outs all null and void, the two grapplers engaged in brilliant mat warfare, each trying to force the other to give it up. With a shot at the NWARoH Title hanging in the balance, intense technical combat is the name of the game.

- Danielson was off a major step, perhaps suffering from jet lag.

- Williams broke Cattle Mutilation (double arm bar), then hit the Chaos Theory (German suplex variation).

- Williams locked in a figure four leg lock.

- Danielson tapped out! Williams wins!

- Rating: 62% (CR: 47, MQ: 77)

Runtime: 9 minutes

5. TORYUMON PREVIEW

As a special bonus, NWARoH presents a preview of the upcoming Toryumon show. The footage shown was filmed in July 2002. For fans who've never seen Toryumon action, get ready for the ride of your life!

- Clipped coverage of Jose Maximo vs. Super Dragon from Toryumon.

- High-flying spectacle with lots of stiff kicks thrown in.

- Jose got the pin after Maximo Overdrive (Air Raid Crash).

- Rating: 61% (CR: 37, MQ: 85)

Runtime: 10 minutes

6. MAXIMO INTENSITY

From backstage at Unscripted, Jose Maximo had some stern words for one Frankie "The Future" Kazarian. Jose gives a riveting speech that was so compelling, we just had to include it. Enjoy!

- NOTE: Jose was scheduled to wrestle Kazarian at Unscripted, but scheduled conflicts forced Kazarian to miss the show.

Jose: "You know, it hasn't been easy for me. My brother Joel, my cousin Red... they've all turned their back on me. I'm all alone now. Tonight... tonight was supposed to be my night, my night to prove to the world that Jose Maximo is the real deal. Frankie Kazarian, you were supposed to be the first a long string of competitors who would say this is my time! Kazarian, you call yourself "the future". Well, take a look at your future. It has a name. Jose Maximo. At Glory By Honor, I'm going to let the world know that Jose Maximo can stand alone, does stand alone and will stand alone... because I'm the real deal."

- A graphic appeared hyping Kazarian/Maximo for Glory By Honor.

- Rating: 55%

Runtime: 6 minutes

7. NON-TITLE MATCH

The NWARoH Tag Team Champions, Joey Matthews and Christian York faced seemingly insurmountable odds as they faced the colossal duo of Monsta Mack and Mafia, Da' Hit Squad. This was a classic battle of size and strength versus speed and agility as NWARoH's top teams squared off. In the end, only one would emerge victorious.

- Matthews and York wore the NEW NWARoH tag title belts, adorning the NWA logo.

- Fans firmly supported Da' Hit Squad.

- After being overpowered, Matthews & York turned to leave... but DHS dragged them back to the ring!

- Matthews & York tried to use the belts to cheat but DHS ripped them away and threw them down.

- York was pinned after DHS used Da' Big Hit (assisted powerbomb) on him!

- After the bell, DHS hit their finisher on Matthews!

- Rating: 64% (CR: 51, MQ: 78)

Runtime: 15 minutes

8. DA' HIT IS OUT!

Momenys after taking on the tag champions, Da' Hit Squad issued a challenge to them for a title match at Glory By Honor!

- Da' Hit Squad held up the title belts as they spoke.

Mack: "Yo, you skinny punks! How's it feel to get your asses kicked by the best damn tag team in this place? You suckas are just lucky we stopped before we KILLED you! We are Da' Hit Squad! We take ass-kickin' to a higher level, bitches!"

Mafia: "Yo, Mack... I don't think I'm done. How about we take ass-kickin' to a higher level... at Glory By Honor! Bitches, you want these belts back? Come take 'em back... in a ladder match! We're going to kick your asses on every level now!"

- Matthews and York threw a tantrum at ringside while DHS exited through the crowd... with the gold!

- Rating: 58%

Runtime: 6 minutes

9. INTERNATIONAL TAG TEAM ACTION

The countries of Japan and Ghana were represented respectively by TAKA Michinoku & Prince Nana. Their opponents were the team of Paul London and "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles, escorted to the ring by Simply Luscious. In what was an action-packed high-flying death-defying tag match, the American battled valiantly while the Foreign Legion pulled out all the stops. Only one strategy would prove successful.

- Allison Danger-Michinoku did not appear at ringside.

- TAKA and A.J. spent most of the match in the ring.

- Simply Luscious distracted TAKA, allowing London to hit the Dropsault.

- A.J. scored the pin after Air Styles (spiral tap)!

- Rating: 63% (CR: 53, MQ: 73)

Runtime: 16 minutes

10. NWARoH TITLE MATCH

NWARoH Champion Low-Ki defended his title against the #1 contender, Xavier. By the end of the bout, the two innovative grapplers left the crowd on hand in astonishment as both risked life and limb to exit Philadelphia with NWARoH's ultimate prize.

- Before the match, Ki was presented with the new NWARoH Title by new commissioner James J. Dillon!

- Vicious chops by both men to open the match.

- Lots of chain wrestling throughout.

- Ki hit the Ki-Krusher... but Xavier kicked out!

- Ki attempted a top rope Ki-Krusher but Xavier pushed him off the top rope.

- Xavier hit a 450 splash then got the pin, winning the gold!

- Despite the "code of honor" no longer in effect, Low-Ki shook Xavier's hand!

- Rating: 65% (CR: 53, MQ: 78)

Runtime: 30 minutes

11. "GOODBYE... FOR NOW"

After a grueling main event, Low-Ki addressed the crowd. In an emotional and memorable speech, Ki wished a fond farewell to the promotion none would soon forget. In closing, he hinted at a possible return one day.

- The crowd chanted "Please Don't Go!" as Ki spoke.

Low-Ki: "Well, as I guess some of you know, this is my last night here in Ring of Honor. I've been here since the beginning and... and tonight, I leave here proud of everything I accomplished. When the history of this great company is written, I'll be remembered as the first man to hold that belt. It was truly an honor."

- Xavier went to leave, but Ki demanded he come to the ring.

Low-Ki: "Xavier, congratulations. With you carrying this championship and the fight you just gave me, I have no doubt that I am leaving this place in good hands. Just know this... I'll be watching. You carry this belt with the dignity it deserves... or I will be back."

- Big pop from the crowd as Ki shook Xavier's hand again.

- Several guys came out from the back and gave Ki a standing ovation.

Low-Ki: "You guys... and by that, I mean all you fans too... I'm going to miss this place so much. NWARoH will go on. Low-Ki will go on. I will see you all again and you will see me again. This is not an end. It is a new beginning. I guess all that's left to say is... goodbye... for now."

- As Ki made his exit, the crowd chanted "Thank you, Low-Ki!"

- Rating: 55%

Runtime: 12 minutes

As a limited time offer, this DVD ships along with an enclosed flyer, offering 50% off admission to NWARoH's Glory By Honor as well as a second disc featuring alternate commentary by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and several assorted matches involving Low-Ki.

On 10-Man Elimination Match...

Heenan: "What the hell kind of name is 'Booger Lou'?"

On Guido's Challenge To Whipwreck...

Heenan: "If he loses this, Guido can always get a job delivering pizza."

On Guido vs. Whipwreck...

Heenan: "These people are chanting ECW! What gives? Extremely Confusing Wrestlers?"

On Danielson vs. Williams...

Heenan: "This Doug Williams guy has pretty good teeth for a British guy."

On the Toryumon match...

Heenan: "I think Toryumon means 'anorexic acrobats' in Japanese."

On Jose Maximo's promo...

Heenan: "Something's wrong with his brother? Oh, well. I'm sure he's got a dozen others to pick from."

On Matthews/York vs. Da' Hit Squad...

Heenan: "Joey Matthews tags in?! What is he, stupid? Doesn't he know how hard these guys hit!"

On Da' Hit Squad's promo...

Heenan: "I'm not sure that Monsta Mack can trudge his fat ass up a ladder without breaking it. We may need to call NASA or something."

On Foreign Legion vs. Styles/London...

Heenan: "I've got a name for these two... TAKANANA! Go to NWARoH.com and get your Takanana T-shirts!"

On Low-Ki vs. Xavier...

Heenan: "Low-Ki! Take the count-out!"

On Low-Ki's promo...

Heenan: "What is wrong with these humanoids? He's not DYING!"

- vs. Nova (WWA Cruiserweight Title Tournament)

- vs. Kid Kash (as Quick Kick, XWF TV taping, never aired)

- winning an AJPW Battle Royal

- vs. Elax (RoH "The Era Of Honor Begins")

- vs. American Dragon (RoH "Night Of Appreciation")

- vs. The Amazing Red (RoH "Road To The Title")

- vs. Little Guido Maritato (RoH "Crowning Of A Champion")

- vs. Christopher Daniels (RoH "Honor Invades Boston")

- vs. Christopher Daniels (NWATNA "The Ride")

- vs. Michael Shane (NWATNA "Bunkhouse Stampede 2002")

- music video

NWA: Ring of Honor presents Glory By Honor

October 5th, 2002 in Philadelphia

NWA:RoH Title Match

Xavier (champion)

vs.

"The Anarchist" Doug Williams (challenger)

NWA:RoH Tag Team Title Ladder Match

Joey Matthews & Christian York (champions)

vs.

Da' Hit Squad (challengers)

Mixed Tag Team Match

TAKA Michinoku & Allison Danger-Michinoku (w/ Prince Nana)

vs.

A.J. Styles & Simply Luscious

Rescheduled Attraction

Jose Maximo

vs.

Frankie "The Future" Kazarian

Mikey's Revenge

Little Guido Maritato

vs.

Brian XL

Singles Match

Homicide (w/ Boogaloo)

vs.

Paul London (w/ Bryan Danielson)

The Young Lions Tournament: Round One

Adam Jacobs

vs.

Super Dragon

vs.

Shelton Benjamin

vs.

Chad Collyer

Plus a major announcement from J.J. Dillon

card subject to change without notice

REDEEM THIS COUPON AT THE EVENT AND RECEIVE 50% OFF ADMISSION

Runtime: 153 minutes

- Overall Rating: 55%

- Attendance: 80

Development

Brawling:

+3: Bryan Danielson, Chris Divine, Danny Drake, Mafia, Mike Tobin, Mikey Whipwreck, Monsta Mack, Xavier

+2: Boogaloo, Doug Williams, Joey Matthews, Jose Maximo, Little Guido Maritato, Mark Briscoe, Paul London

+1: A.J. Styles, Brian XL, Christian York, Homicide, Jay Briscoe, Prince Nana, Simply Luscious, TAKA Michinoku

Charisma:

+3: A.J. Styles, Brian XL, Chris Divine, Joey Matthews, Jose Maximo, Mafia, Mike Tobin, Monsta Mack, Simply Luscious

+2: Bryan Danielson, Doug Williams, Homicide, Mikey Whipwreck

+1: Christian York, Danny Drake, Jay Briscoe, Little Guido Maritato, Mark Briscoe, Paul London, Prince Nana, TAKA Michinoku, Xavier

Over:

+4: A.J. Styles, Boogaloo, Chris Divine, Joey Matthews, Jose Maximo, Little Guido Maritato, Mafia, Monsta Mack

+3: Danny Drake, Jay Briscoe

+2: Doug Williams, Homicide, Mark Briscoe, Prince Nana, Simply Luscious, Xavier

+1: Brian XL, Bryan Danielson, Christian York, Mike Tobin, Paul London

Speed:

+3: A.J. Styles, Brian XL, Chris Divine, Christian York, Homicide, Joey Matthews, Jose Maximo, Mikey Whipwreck, Monsta Mack

+2: Little Guido Maritato, Mike Tobin, Paul London, Simply Luscious, Xavier

+1: Boogaloo, Bryan Danielson, Danny Drake, Doug Williams, Jay Briscoe, Mafia, Mark Briscoe, Prince Nana

Stiffness:

+1: Simply Luscious

-1: Boogaloo, Monsta Mack

-2: Homicide, Mafia

Technique:

+3: Boogaloo, Danny Drake, Homicide, Joey Matthews, Jose Maximo, Mafia, Mark Briscoe, Mikey Whipwreck, Monsta Mack

+2: Bryan Danielson, Doug Williams, Jay Briscoe, Mike Tobin

+1: A.J. Styles, Brian XL, Chris Divine, Christian York, Little Guido Maritato, Paul London, Prince Nana, Simply Luscious, Xavier

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 25th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: Turning The Tide

By Jimmy Kirk

10-MAN X-DIVISION BATTLE ROYAL

The show opened with a shot of ten X-Division stars standing in the ring, brawling it out. Super Crazy grabbed a handful of "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch's hair, then chucked him over the top rope. Luckily for the British high-flyer, he managed to grab hold of the rope and hang on to the apron... then springboard off the top and nail "Prime Time" Elix Skipper with the 720 DDT! Seconds later, Blitzkrieg nailed EZ Money with a spinning heel kick, knocking him over the top rope to the floor!

"Hello and welcome to Lafayette, Louisiana!" Mike Tenay said, breaking from calling the action, "We apologize for the improper introduction, but the man in charge, Jeff Jarrett, has ordered this special ten-man battle royal during our pre-show. The winner of this contest moves on later tonight to take on NWA X-Division Champion Jushin ' Thunder' Liger for the title, so the stakes are high! We'd love to tell you more about what Jarrett has planned for this evening, but... well, just take a look at this action!" As Tenay and Don West continued calling the bout, Juventud Guerrera quickly pitched Elix Skipper out before joining his Tres Locos allies in triple-teaming J.R. Ryder.

Ryder was whipped to the ropes... but sprang off and clocked Crazy with a back elbow! He grabbed Psicosis and tried to eliminate him, but Juvi made the save. As Juvi and Ryder brawled it out, Yang stepped in and tried to force psicosis out himself. Crazy recovered and pulled Yang off, then DDTed him in the center of the ring. As Crazy helped pull psicosis back into the ring, Blitzkrieg picked up the barely conscious Yang and chucked him out.

Tres Locos continued their assault on J.R., but Ryder fought back, rocking all three with hard right hands. Jody Fleisch hit Super Crazy with a reverse huracanrana while Ryder nailed Psicosis with the Ripcord! Ryder tried to eliminate Psicosis while Jody did the same across the ring to Super Crazy. Juvi, caught in the middle, was forced to make a choice... which partner to save? He chose Psicosis, pulled Ryder off and spiked him with the Juvi Driver, then dumped him out. Across the ring, Crazy threw back an elbow and caught Fleisch in the mush, causing him to stumble back towards the center of the ring.

Crazy skinned the cat and pulled himself back inside while Juvi helped Psicosis back in as well. Crazy shot Juvi an angry glare, obviously perturbed that he chose to asist Psicosis over him, but the trio worked to work cohesively, beating down Jody Fleisch. Meanwhile, Blitzkrieg dumped Quiet Storm over the top to the floor, cutting the field in half and leaving himself, Fleisch and the Locos as the final five. The final four were determined sceonds later when Crazy hoisted Fleisch over the top to the floor.

"Uh oh," West said, "Blitzkrieg is in trouble now!" Indeed he was as Tres Locos slowly circled the masked man, preparing to move in for the kill. Psicosis charged first... into a spinning kick by Blitzkrieg! Crazy attempted a spinning kick of his own, but Blitzkrieg ducked it, causing Crazy to floor Guerrera with the move. Blitzkrieg scoop slammed Psicosis down, then climbed up top for the corkscrew 630! While at the top, Crazy charged from behind and knocked him off the top to the floor!

"Here we go, Mike!" West said, "Uno... dos... tres! It's time to see which of these guys are mas loco!" Crazy glanced over at Juvi, then at Psicosis, then watched as they glanced at each other. The tension between the three was palpable. They each moved to a different corner and watched on, almost daring one of the others to make a move. Juvi was first to take a step out of the corner... but then he jumped over the top rope onto the apron!

"Uno!" he shouted, pointing at Psicosis, then pointed at Crazy and yelled "Dos!" He pointed at himself and said "Tres!" then stood on the apron, starting on intensely. Across the ring, Psicosis nodded his head, hopped the rope and counted off in the same fashion. Somewhat perplexed, Crazy looked at both his partners, scowled at them... then hopped the rope himself.

"What are they doing?" West asked as Crazy began pointing and counting. As he reached "tres"... the three hopped down off the apron! The bell immediately rang, signifying the end of the match. "Mike, what is this?" Don asked as the referees stationed at ringside met to confer about the match's end. Moments later, they called the ring announcer over and ordered him to declare their ruling.

CO-WINNERS: Psicosis, Super Crazy & Juventud Guerrera via over the top rope elimination at 9:38

"Co-winners?" Tenay said, "That... that means that they all win! They all get the X-Division Title shot tonight! Fans, this is... why, we're doing no better at maintaing order than we did without a man in charge! What else is Jeff Jarrett going to have up his sleeve tonight? Just $9.95 gets you that answers, plus Jushin Liger versus... Tres Locos! All that and tons more tonight, live from Lafayette! Don't miss it!"

Very interesting end for the battel royal. It looks like Liger's gonna be screwed, but here's hoping he makes it out with the belt, because he's a good X champion. Unless he has to go back to Japan for a while, in which case it probly would be best to take the belt off him.

Of course he's gonna make it out with the belt. When odds are stacked against someone, they always come through it. Booking 102...cause booking 101 says anything can happen and that's just dumb..lol. I loved the ROHTnA stuff.

Sorry for the delay. I forgot I hadn't posted this show. That'll teach me not to read my sig. :P Anyway, here's the PPV telecasts of Turning The Tide, complete with Liger vs. Locos action!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, September 25th, 2002

Dangerous Details: Turning The Tide

By "Danger" Will Riker

A brief video package played showing clips of Jeff Jarrett as triumphant music played in the background. "Chosen at birth, destined to rule," a deep voice said, "He is the ruler of this domain. Victim of a vast conspiracy, denied his birthright... tonight, he finds redemption. Tonight, he turns the tide on his oppressors. Welcome to NWATNA... HIS world. Somewhere between icon and champion... lies Jeff Jarrett." The video faded out to a shot of the ring which had been surrounded by tables and decked out with decorative "J"s around the ropes. In the ring stood The Honky Talk Man.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages," he said, "Tonight, I proudly present to you my guest! He's a mover and a shaker! He's a big-time money maker! And just like me... he's a world-class guitar breaker! Please welcome 'the chosen one'... JEFF JARRETT!" Jarrett's music hit and large banners unfurled at the entranceway, revealing photos of the man of the hour. As the crowd railed him in, Jarrett arrogantly strutted to the ring.

"Jeff, it's such an honor to have you on Honky Talk," HTM said, "Congratulations on all of your success. I mean, last week you walked through heel to earn the right to put this show together for all of these ungrateful Cajuns. So far, the show has been incredible, Jeff. X-Division action to kick off our pre-show... a table match in just a few minutes... plus an X-Division Title match later on! I've got to ask though, how in the hell are you going to cap all this off? Spill it, Jeff! What's our main event?!"

Jarrett started to speak, but was immediately drowned out by the Lafayette crowd's jeering. "Listen up!" he said, shouting over them, "Tonight is a night NWATNA will never forget! The 'chosen one' is in charge and what I say goes! I've already given everybody's their money's worth with what I've set up. Tonight's main event... is for ME! Cue up that tape in the truck! I want these people at home to see it!"

Footage from last Wednesday aired showing Jeff Jarrett's pin on Dan "The Beast" Severn was shown. Steve Corino's chair shots moments earlier had been conveniently omitted. "See that?!" Jarrett said, "Dan Severn, a man who could be the NWA World Champion before this time next month... pinned by me! Show that second part!" The tape fast-forwarded to the closing moments of the show, where Jarrett pinned an exhausted Corino after the Stroke. "And there it is again," Jarrett said, "Steve Corino, another man in that NWA Title match... pinned by me! These guys are supposed to be the top two in this place and I beat 'em both in the same night!"

"Honky, that brings me to tonight. Tonight, in the main event, you're going to see Dan Severn... versus Steve Corino!" Jarrett said, bringing the crowd to their feet in anticipation of the NWA Title match preview. Without missing a beat, Jarrett interrupted them with the words, " Versus... Jeff Jarrett!" The crowd quickly settled, puzzled by Jarrett's proclamation. "It's a triangle match," he said, "Severn versus Corino versus the 'chosen one'. You two slapnuts, whichever one of you I pin... for the second week in a row... you're out of the title match! Tonight, the world bears witness to my first step in becoming the NWA Champion! MY world bears witness! Choke on that, slapnuts!"

"A triangle match?" Mike Tenay wondered aloud, "Jeff Jarrett is again trying to horn in on that NWA Title match on October 23rd!" With that, Jarrett made his exit, followed by Honky who praised his decision. After a brief recap of the first match between K-Krush and Brian Kendrick three weeks ago, the participants made their entrances for the opening bout.

BEST OF FIVE "SPECIALTY SERIES": MATCH TWO

TABLE MATCH

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. K-KRUSH

Kendrick hesitated before entering the ring, opting to instead drag Krush out of the ring and onto a table. He positioned him for a powerbomb, but Krush backdropped Brian to the concrete below. As Krush climbed down, Kendrick hit him with a flying forearm, knocking him flat on the table. Kendrick slid back into the ring and went for a suicide dive just as Krush rolled off of the table. Luckily for Kendrick, he was able to catch himself on the ropes and fall short of going through the table. Unfortunately for him, he was trapped between the table and ring by Krush as Krush shoved the table into his ribs!

After a few more thrusts to the ribs, Krush rushed into the ring and hit a baseball slide, nailing Kendrick in the back of the head! Kendrick slumped to the floor and crawled underneath the table to the guard rail and pulled himself up. Meanwhile, Krush grabbed a table across the ring and tossed it inside, then propped it in the corner. Kendrick rolled into the ring and slowly got up, but a scissor kick by Krush put him right back down on the canvas.

Krush whipped Kendrick into the table in the corner, then charged him... only to crash face-first into the hardwood as Kendrick moved out of the way! Krush staggered backwards... then Kendrick rushed in, ran up the table and hit Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick pulled the table out of the corner and propped it up, then laid Krush across it. He headed up to the top rope, but by the time he made it up, Krush had already come to. Krush quickly crotched Kendrick on the top turnbuckle, then hooked him in a suplex and pulled him down.

Still holding the suplex position, Krush spun around and prepared to deliver a front-face suplex through the table! Kendrick thought fast and posted his feet on the table, then threw a few quick kicks to break Krush's grip. As Krush backed away, Kendrick grabbed his head and charged for the corner, looking for a second Sliced Bread #2. In an incredible counter, Krush shoved Kendrick off in mid-air, sending him sailing over the top to the floor, crashing through a ringside table!

WINNER: K-Krush via breaking a table at 11:19

SERIES SCORE: Brian Kendrick 1, K-Krush 1

"And with that, K-Krush evens the series!" Don West exclaimed, "Not only that, but Krush will get to name the stipulation for the third match next week! It's a whole new ball game now!" K-Krush made his exit, taunting the crowd while medics pulled Kendrick out of the ringside wreckage. Kendrick shot a disappointed but determined look towards Krush before shooing away the medics and limping to the back on his own accord.

Backstage, Jeff Jarrett was lacing up his boots. Just then... in walked Barry Windham. "My man!" Windham said, "Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? By the way, awesome job on that whole introduction thing. Really top notch stuff there." Jarrett looked up, seemingly annoyed by Windham's presence. "Listen, man," Windham continued, ignoring Jarrett's signal, "I know it's 'your week' and all, but I've got a favor to ask. Come on in, boys!"

In walked two men, one with blond hair, one with dark, both wearing cowboy hats atop their locks. "Jeff," Barry said, "I'd like you to meet Lance Cade and John Hope... the next NWA World Tag Team Champions! I tell you what, Jeff. I found these kids in a bar, swingin' fists like there's no tomorrow. They're two tough sons of bitches, I kid you not. Anyway, I know tonight marks the very first qualifying round for the Iron Team Challenge and I know Dusty's bringing those pansy-ass rookies around. Jeff, put my boys in a match with 'em. You won't regret it."

Jeff Jarrett stood up. "Barry," he said sternly, "What does it look like I'm doing here? Does it look like I'm playing 'talent scout' here? I'm preparing for the biggest match in my career, you moron! Here I am, trying to get into the zone... and you bring these two slapnuts into MY world and break my concentration? How stupid are you, Barry? Consider the problem with Dusty's kids taken care of. Now you, Frick and Frack over there... get the hell out of my face! Don't piss me off, Barry."

With that outburst, Jarrett stomped off, leaving Windham, Hope and Cade stunned. "What's his problem?" Cade asked. Windham shrugged. "I don't know," he said, "Forget about it, boys. I guess he's got some other plan or something. Come on... let's go get a drink!" Windham put his arms around the duo and together they walked off.

"The Iron Team Challenge is coming on November 20th!" Mike Tenay said, "It's a one-night tournament featuring the top teams in NWATNA, all vying for the ultimate prize... the NWA World Tag Team Titles! Over the next few weeks, we're going to feature a series of qualifying rounds for that event. Tonight marks our first. The winners of this next match will be going for the gold in Santa Fe this November! mark your calendars!"

ITC QUALIFYING ROUND MATCH

THE HARRIS TWINS vs. THE DREAM TEAM with Dusty Rhodes

Ron and Don Harris, on Jeff Jarrett's orders, marched to the ring with a double mission: to secure a spot in the ITC and to take the winds out of the sails of the upstart team of Jorge Estrada and Sonny Siaki. Don and Siaki started things off and Harris' power advantage gave him the upper hand. After a boot to the gut, Don delivered a neckbreaker and made a cover, but Siaki kicked free at two. Siaki fired back, rocking Heavy D with some big right hands, then scored with a spinebuster.

Jorge Estrada came in off the tag and continued right where Siaki had left off, slugging way at Don in the corner. Referee Mark Johnson stepped in to break it up and pull Estrada off of Don, who had reached the ropes. As the ref warned Estrada... Ron Harris shoved his brother out of the ring and assumed his position! Estrada moved in, but was surprised by the fresh twin's big boot!

Ron clubbed away at Jorge then tagged in Don. Together, the Harrises used a double suplex to put Estrada down. Dusty Rhodes shouted encouragement from ringside as the Harrises continued taking turns putting the boots to Jorge. Ron tagged in Don and whipped Estrada into the ropes, then hit Estrada with a spinebuster. As the ref tried to get Ron out... Siaki ran in and nailed Don with a clothesline, giving the twins a taste of their own double-teaming medicine!

Don Harris went for a chokeslam, but Estrada blocked it and tagged in Siaki. As Don and Sonny slugged it out, Jorge and Ron began brawling. Sonny pitched Don out of the ring while Estrada lifted Ron onto his shoulders. Siaki headed up top, flipped off and caught Ron with a flipping neckbreaker! "Rotating Elevated Mindbreaker!' Tenay shouted, "R.E.M.! One! Two! Three! It's over!" Rhodes joined his proteges for a post-match celebration, when suddenly... The Amazing Red came out!

WINNERS: The Dream Team via pinfall at 10:05

"Listen to me because I'm only going to say this once!" Red said, shouting into the ring announcer's microphone, "Last week, somebody thought it'd be funny to play Rey Misterio Jr.'s music during my match. Ha ha. Good one. Now... grow up! This is NWATNA, Total NonStop Action! Rey Misterio Jr.? He can't even chew his damn food! Rey Misterio Jr. is as good as dead here! Do you hear me, prankster? AS GOOD AS DEAD!"

"Next week," he continued, "I'm going one-on-one with Christopher Daniels. That means in seven days, I'm going to make history. October 2nd will be remembered as the day The Amazing Red began his climb to the top of the X-Division... a climb that ultimately ends with me as the NWA X-Division Champion! Anyone who has a problem with that needs to get with the times. Red is the color of tomorrow. As for Rey Misterio Jr... rest in peace, friend."

Red's music hit and he made his way to the back, but not before stopping and staring down Christopher Daniels who was seated at ringside. "Mike, next week it's Daniels and Red," West said, "But Daniels is already looking ahead to October 23rd where he will face the X-Division Champion at The NWA 54th Anniversary. Daniels has been studying Jushin Liger like a man possessed, but tonight... all that effort could be all for naught."

NWA X-DIVISION TITLE FOUR CORNERS MATCH

JUVENTUD GUERRERA vs. PSICOSIS vs. SUPER CRAZY vs. JUSHIN LIGER (champion)

Liger made his entrance first... but immediately fell victim to a three-on-one attack in the entranceway! Tres Locos battered Liger up the aisle, then tossed him into the ring for the official start of the match. Once there, Super Crazy and Psicosis held Liger's arms as Juvi's repeatedly kicked him in the face. "Mike, this is supposed to be a four-way match, but it's not," West said, "I'd call it a handicap match, but it's not even that. This is just a mugging!"

Once satisfied with their damage, the Locos laid Liger out in the center of the ring. Juvi made a cover... but Crazy pulled him up! The two began arguing in Spanish... when Psicosis swooped in and made a cover! Juvi and Crazy pulled him up, briefly berated him, then chucked him out of the ring. Dos Locos continued their argument as Liger slowly rolled towards the corner, trying to escape the ring. Crazy grabbed him and pulled him back... then Juvi hit his own partner with a neckbreaker!

"Uh oh," West said, "All hell is breaking loose among the Locos!" Crazy kipped up, fit to be tied. He began swinging wildly at Juvi, battering him with punches, then dropped him with a spinning heel kick. Crazy whipped Juvi to the corner, but Guerrera snared Crazy's arm and climbed up top, then flipped off and armdragged him down! With Crazy momentarily incapacitated, Juvi headed up top for the 450 on Liger! As Juvi rotated in mid-air... Crazy dragged Liger out of harm's way and into a pinning predicament! Referee Billy Silverman reached two when suddenly... Psicosis sailed off the top rope with a legdrop to the back of Crazy's head, breaking the pin!

Crazy recovered quickly and went after Psicosis, dropkicking him on the knee. Juventud quickly stepped in, trying to stop his allies from fighting. Just as it seemed cooler heads would prevail... Psicosis nailed Crazy with the Psicostunner! Juvi yelled at Psicosis... then shoved him out of the way and covered Crazy! "My God, this is insanity!" Tenay said as Crazy kicked out, "Tres Locos showed tremendous unity and selflessness during our preshow, but it seems all friendships have been tossed out the window now!"

Psicosis pushed Juvi out of the way and began stomping on Crazy. Crazy managed to get to his feet and swung his elbow into the side of Psicosis' head. Crazy grabbed Psicosis for a DDT... but a yakuza kick by Liger sent him through the ropes to the arena floor! Liger, charged by a miraculous second wind, spiked Psicosis with a brainbuster and made a cover. Unfortunately for the reigning champ, Guerrera was on hand to break up the fall.

Juvi threw a kick at Liger, but Jushin caught the foot. He threw it up, sending Juvi backflipping in front of him. Incredibly, Juvi landed on his feet and nailed Liger with a lightning-fast dropkick! With Liger reeling, Juvi grabbed him and lifted him up for the Juvi Driver. Liger managed to slip behind Juvi, then drilled him with an incredible tiger suplex! "One! Two! Three!" Tenay screamed as Silverman counted Juvi's shoulder's down, "Jushin 'thunder' Liger, against all odds, retains the NWA X-Division Title! What a match!"

WINNER & STILL NWA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: Jushin Liger via pinfall at 23:08

Liger, exhausted, rolled out of the ring where he was presented with his title. As he raised his arms in triumph... Christopher Daniels stood up from his seat and applauded the retaining champion. The two locked eyes for a brief moment before Liger headed up the aisle to the back. Tres Locos followed him out, exchanging irritated glances between them. "It was every man for himself in that match," West said, "But I just wonder what kind of toll it took on this team. Let's send it back to our colleague, Eric Shaffer. Take it away."

Backstage, Eric Shaffer was standing beside Ken Shamrock, who wore a neck brace due to the piledriver he suffered last week. "Ken Shamrock," Eric said, "Last week, Jerry Lynn put you out of action for the Strength In Numbers tournament with a brutal attack. We're all curious... what is your condition and how is it going to affect your upcoming falls-count-anywhere match with Jerry Lynn four weeks from tonight?"

"My condition?" Ken said, as he ripped off the neck brace, "Doctors would say my current condition is... PISSED OFF! Jerry, you made a hell of a mistake last week. I begged Jeff Jarrett to put you in the ring this week with me, but he thinks I'm too injured. Well, next week... I'm in control! Mark my words, Jerry... next week, it will be Shamrock versus Lynn again. For the first time, though... there must be a winner! There will be a definite winner, Jerry... and it won't be you!"

"Fans, it's time for our main event!" Tenay said as the scene cut back to the announce booth, "It's a triangle match featuring the two finalists who will vie for the NWA World Title in just four weeks. Dan Severn faces Steve Corino... faces Jeff Jarrett. If Jarrett gets a pin or submission over either opponent, he will take that man's spot in the title match. It's all on the line for everyone in this match... so let's go to the ring!"

DAN SEVERN vs. STEVE CORINO with Tully Blanchard vs. JEFF JARRETT

Severn was first to enter, followed by Corino and Blanchard... then a second grandiose entrance for Jeff Jarrett. Referee Scott Armstrong checked the three for weapons, then ordered the bell. Severn rushed past Jarrett and clocked Corino with a forearm shot, knocking him to the mat. Jarrett punched Severn in the mouth then quickly locked Corino in the figure four! Severn, rather than break the hold... locked an armbar on Corino, trapping him in a double submission!

Luckily for Corino, Tully Blanchard climbed into the ring and broke both holds. As Tully put the boots to Jarrett... Armstrong shoved him down and ejected him! "This is getting out of hand!" Tenay said, "Kudos to our referee for giving this match some leeway, but enough is enough. Tully Blanchard, you're out of here!" As Blanchard walked up the aisle, Corino knocked Severn over the top rope to the floor! He turned to focus on Jarrett... but got hit with the Stroke! "Jarrett's got it!" Tenay said, "One! Two! Th... Severn pulls Jarrett out of the ring! So close!"

Jarrett and Severn battled it out on the floor, trading punches, as Corino slowly pulled himself together. Severn spiked Jarrett with a belly-to-belly suplex on the canvas, then immediately returned to the ring and attacked Corino. Corino ducked a clothesline by Dan but got caught by a second attempt at it. Corino was pinned by kicked out at two. Severn drove his knee into Corino's spine and ripped away at both his leg and arm, bending him over his knee in a painful submission hold. Corino gutted it out, however, refusing to submit.

Jarrett came to Steve's rescue, bashing his knee into Severn's face, causing him to break the hold. Jarrett helped Corino to his feet... then signaled for the Stroke! As he moved in for the kill... Corino scored huge with a superkick, putting Jarrett flat on the mat. Corino crawled over to cover Jarrett... but Jarrett made a miraculous escape, raising his shoulder at two! "Mike, which of these guys is going to be the first to go down?!" West asked, impressed by the three's determination.

Severn stood up and grabbed Corino by the hair. Corino turned around and kicked Severn in the gut, then cinched him up for a fisherman's suplex. Severn blocked it... then reached in and locked on the guillotine choke! As Corino desperately tried to escape, Severn dropped to the mat and wrapped his legs around Corino's torso, making the hold unbreakable. As Corino flailed his arms, reaching for the ropes, he quickly realized there was indeed no escape. "Corino's going to tap!" Tenay said, "Here it is! Here it... NO!" Just as Corino was set to give it up... Jarrett rolled over and grabbed his wrist, preventing the tap out!

"Don't you tap, you son of a bitch!" Jarrett shouted as Severn dug in deeper, squeezing away with the submission. Jarrett interlocked his fingers with Corino's, gripping them tightly. Corino violently pounded their conjoined hands on the mat, but the referee couldn't discern whether it was a tap out or not. Seconds later inevitably passing out... Corino freed his other arm and stretched it over, tapping on the mat.

WINNER: Dan Severn via submission at 16:44

"It's over!" Tenay said as the bell sounded, "Dan 'The Beast' Severn with a huge win! Not only that... but Jeff Jarrett fails in his bid to secure a spot in the NWA World Title match! What a match! Fans, you could be looking at the next NWA World Champion!" As Tenay said, Armstrong raised Severn's hand in victory. Corino rolled out to the floor, gasping for air and clutching his throat. "Fans, next week... NWATNA hits Texas! Don't miss it!" Tenay said, closing the show. The final image from Lafayette saw Jeff Jarrett, kneeling in the ring, looking on in disbelief as Severn stood triumphant.

Turning The Tide:

Tres Locos defeat 7 others in a battle royal.

- Overall Rating: 62%

- Crowd Reaction: 55%

- Match Quality: 69%

Honky Talk features Jeff Jarrett.

- Overall Rating: 77%

K-Krush defeats Brian Kendrick.

- Overall Rating: 79%

- Crowd Reaction: 79%

- Match Quality: 80%

- Brian Kendrick lost overness from this match.

- K-Krush gained overness from this match.

Barry Windham introduces Hope & Cade.

- Overall Rating: 43%

- Hope debuted his new "cowboy" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Barry Windham lost overness from this segment.

- Cade gained overness from this segment.

- Hope gained overness from this segment.

The Dream Team defeats The Harris Twins.

- Overall Rating: 59%

- Crowd Reaction: 51%

- Match Quality: 68%

- Don Harris lost overness from this match.

- Ron Harris lost overness from this match.

- Jorge Estrada gained overness from this match.

- Sonny Siaki gained overness from this match.

The Amazing Red addresses last week's prank.

- Overall Rating: 72%

Jushin Liger defeats Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera and Super Crazy.

- Overall Rating: 82%

- Crowd Reaction: 73%

- Match Quality: 91%

- The NWA X-Division Title gained in image.

Ken Shamrock sends a message to Jerry Lynn.

- Overall Rating: 73%

Dan Severn defeats Steve Corino and Jeff Jarrett.

- Overall Rating: 76%

- Crowd Reaction: 69%

- Match Quality: 83%

Overall Rating: 70%

- Buyrate: 0.16

- Attendance: 2,958

- Juventud Guerrera: "I should be higher on the card, promote me up the roster."

Another show where game wise it fails as far as gaining people overness. And Severn choking out Corino was a GRRRR moment for me. John Hope, not familiar with the name, so is he just under a new name? Still not into the Krush/Kendrick fued, and I'm going to keep saying it till I am...lol. And I called it, Liger overcomes everything. Still a solid diary.

I wasn't sure about Liger because eventually he may have to head back to Japan. The Corino thing wasn't a particular favorite of mine (like that's a big surprise), but there really wasn't any way around it, so I guess it makes sense. And besides, now Corino has to get his win back from Severn! Right?! Right?

Happy holidays everyone. I totally forgot about it, but rest assured here's much more to come with this. TK, John Hope was actually a trainee at the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy and one of the first graduates. He wrestled once or twice for RoH but I believe injuries cut his career short. Steve, Liger's return to Japan is no doubt inevitable but I'm still building him up anyway. It's probably a dumb idea but it won't be the last. :) The monthly report for September is next, as Texas ShootOut. Until then... later.

NWATNA.com

Saturday, September 28th, 2002

Next: Texas ShootOut

By Katy-Jayne Myers

After a chaotic week under the rule of Jeff Jarrett, NWATNA is in a state of disorder. Sources say that Ken Shamrock's week in power will do little to solve that problem. Shamrock has been very tight-lipped about his plans for this Wednesday night, but here are a few tidbits we have been able to uncover...

- Shamrock promises a match between himself and Jerry Lynn under the stipulation that "there must be a winner". Given the intensity of their first two head-to-head meetings (a double-disqualification on June 19th in Huntsville and a double count-out August 28th in Tampa), this match may very well set new standards for brutality in NWATNA!

- By virtue of his table match victory, K-Krush is allowed to select the stipulation for his third match with Brian Kendrick. The series is tied at one win a piece, but Krush promises his match will be one Kendrick simply cannot emerge victorious from.

- NWATNA.com has discovered that Terry Funk will be on hand Wednesday to address the resignation of his brother, Dory Funk Jr., from the NWA Championship Committee. The Funk family has refused to comment to this point so this will be the first official statement on the matter.

- The Amazing Red goes one-on-one with Christopher Daniels as "The Fallen Angel" gears up to take on Jushin "Thunder" Liger at the NWA 54th Anniversary. Plus, Dan "The Beast" Severn will be in action as well as the second qualifying round for the ITC and much more!

NWATNA.com

Tuesday, October 1st, 2002

All About The Gabe: October 2002

By Gabe Sapolsky

Well, well, well... Bill Banks took over my job as head booker for Ring of... oh, sorry. NWA: Ring of Honor. Well, it seems only fitting, Billy-boy, that I take over YOUR job, giving the monthly look inside NWATNA. That's right. Gabe has escaped the minor leagues and has arrived to the big show, baby! Forget the Bank Shot... this is ALL ABOUT THE GABE!

Now, you're going to notice a few differences because I don't do things like Billy-boy. I do them well! Don't worry your simple little heads bout it. Just keep reading and try to process the information I generate. First change is that whole "Total Top Story" mess is gone. It's time for...

THE KAYGABE REPORT

I'm not wasting any time. Keep up...

- How's this for a bombshell? The NWA Championship Committee has confirmed that the NWA Title match on October 23rd will feature a special guest referee. Who is it? Kevin Sullivan! Sullivan will preside over the epic showdown and award the eventual winner with the NWA World Title belt a mere 22 days from now!

- Jeff Jarrett was spotted in the lobby of NWA Headquarters shouting into his cell phone. Somebody in Jarrett's life is making things difficult for him. Here hoping it's not a serious issue, but one we can all gossip about!

- Speaking of the winning team at Strength In Numbers, word has it that Ken Shamrock didn't order a rental car to take him to the arena in Beaumont... he ordered a stretch limo. Could this mean that Ken's not going to be arriving alone?

- NWATNA has invited several Mexican luchadores to the show in Nuevo Laredo on October 30th. With all those masked men running around, it's going to be like Halloween! Oh, wait...

- Here's a GABESCLUSIVE for ya! Fans in the know have heard about 19-year-old sensation Tenacious Z, a high-flyer out of Michigan... with ONE leg! Oh, yeah. It's true. Anyway, the word is that Z is going to be making his NWATNA debut soon. How soon? Try Wednesday night! Don't believe me? Order the PPV.

- WWA & XWF star Low-Ki will be making his return to NWATNA before the end of the year. Ki has fulfilled his contractual obligations with NWARoH and is headed to Japan for a fall tour with All-Japan Pro Wrestling. NWARoH is offering a special "The Best Of Low-Ki" DVD for those of you who are unwilling or unable to wait.

- I don't really want to discuss NWARoH much, but... news is news. Several NWATNA stars will be appearing for the promotion in the near future. EZ Money, Jody Fleisch and Johnny Swinger have all agreed to wrestle for RoH this fall.

- Word around the locker room is that Trent Acid has had some discussions about bringing in a tag team partner for the Iron Team Challenge sometime soon. Wrestlers from both CZW and XPW are being bandied about as possible selections.

- More word from backstage: the whole "Christopher Daniels studying Jushin Liger" thing? That's no joke. Several wrestles say Daniels has been seen at all hours of the night watching video footage of the X-Division Champion. Yo, Chris... it's wrestling, not algebra!

- Congratulations go out to Joel Maximo. For those who don't know, Joel's have a rather rough go of it in his personal life as of late. Anyway, he recently agreed to make his return to the ring in Japan, teaming with his brother Jose against The Toryumon Dragons (Kaz Hayashi & Super Dragon). Best of luck, Joel.

- Speaking of Kaz Hayashi... what in the world is up with him and Yang? These two have just NOT been able to get it together as of late. Is it any wonder he's out shopping for a new partner?

- Continuing on talking about the tag team scene, these kids Barry Windham's bringing around, Hope & Cade? Sources close to me say they're not going anywhere. Windham's apparently got an in with the NWA Championship Committee and is pushing hard for these two to get some big opportunities in the near future.

- Finally... the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. That's insane. Rhyming is a pain. What else rhymes with pain? The name of a WWE superstar who's said to be "extremely close" to signing a deal with NWATNA. Now, legally I can't say who it is or isn't, but if you can't figure it out from my clue... too bad.

10 QUESTIONS WITH: ... nobody!

I haven't got the time to devote to sitting around all day asking stupid questions of people. Who cares where the undercard guys see themselves in 5 years?! No, I'm not about asking questions. I'm about getting answers! Welcome to...

10 ANSWERS WITH GABE

Who is the most popular wrestler in NWATNA?

10. Brian Kendrick

Kendrick makes the list for surprising everyone since earning an NWATNA contract in July. He's still got a long way to go to prove himself to everyone, but a segment of fans truly believe in him.

9. Ken Shamrock

I had to put him on the list! He's the boss!

8. The Amazing Red

When Red ended the career of Rey Misterio Jr., he made sure everyone knew exactly who would be assuming Rey's position as the top high-flyer in wrestling today. In case you're slow... he means him.

7. Dusty Rhodes

The "American Dream" is a personble legend passing along his vast knowledge to Sonny Siaki and jorge Estrada, both of whom are reaping the benefits of being associated with a man of his stature. He's got popularity to spare... if you will.

6. Super Crazy

Crazy, or Craziggy as I call him, is a cool cat who has shown he's a lot better than most ECW fans may have though. It's amazing what riding Juvi's coattails can do... just playing, Craziggy!

5. Rey Misterio Jr.

Rey is a star who is loved the world over for his status as the eternal underdog. It's too bad my man Red had to go and squish his head though.

4. Jeff Jarrett

Say what you will about the "chosen one", but he's quickly becoming a household name. Jarrett may be not loved, but he's respected and that's just as good.

3. Juventud Guerrera

Juvi has got a knack for getting the crowd on their feet. If he can just get a leash on his buddies, he could move even higher on this list.

2. Jushin "Thunder" Liger

A legend on two continents, the NWA X-Division Champion is the man, pure and simple. Fans can't get enough of him... even if he does dress like a power ranger.

1. Sting

From WCW legend to NWATNA icon, Sting's popularity is unmatched. Any time he descends from the shadows to address the crowd is a moment to remember.

TNA Q&A

It's your chance to get your stupid, insignificant questions answered... by me!

This section will return next month, provided all your e-mails aren't totally stupid.

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR OCTOBER 2002

Texas ShootOut

Beaumont, TX on the 2nd

- Ken Shamrock controls the card!

- Shamrock/Lynn "There Must Be A Winner" match!

- K-Krush vs. Brian Kendrick in match three of a best-of-five series!

- Terry Funk scheduled to appear!

- Christopher Daniels vs. The Amazing Red!

- The second ITC qualifying round!

Breaking & Entering

Galveston, TX on the 9th

- Barry Windham is in control!

- K-Krush vs. Brian Kendrick in match four of a best-of-five series!

- The third ITC qualifying round!

No Turning Back

San Antonio, TX on the 16th

- The last stop before NWA turns 54!

- The fourth ITC qualifying round!

- K-Krush vs. Brian Kendrick in match five of a best-of-five series, if necessary

The NWA 54th Anniversary

Corpus Christi, TX on the 23rd

- Steve Corino vs. Dan Severn for the NWA World Title!

- Jerry Lynn vs. Ken Shamrock in falls-count-anywhere!

- Jushin Liger vs. Christopher Daniels for the NWA X-Division Title!

Devils' Night

Nuevo Laredo, TX on the 30th

- The first appearance of the NEW NWA World Champion!

- The fifth ITC qualifying round!

The rankings?

GONE!

Sorry, kids. You're just not worth it.

NWATNA.com MONTHLY AWARDS

MATCH OF THE MONTH: Steve Corino vs. Jushin Liger, Strength In Numbers

right click + save target as to watch highlights

MOMENT OF THE MONTH: Christopher Daniels on Honky Talk, Strength In Numbers

right click + save target as to watch in it's entirety

Okay, you're out of here. There's 20 bucks on the dresser. Off to your next trick. Shoo!

Name: Current Overness (Overness Gain For September 2002)

A.J. Styles: 53 (+4)

Adam Jacobs: 37 (+/-0)

Allison Danger-Michinoku: 28 (+/-0)

Barry Windham: 59 (-2)

Blitzkrieg: 54 (+5)

Boogaloo: 46 (-3)

Brian Kendrick: 78 (-1)

Brian XL: 41 (+1)

Bryan Danielson: 56 (+1)

C.W. Anderson: 53 (+/-0)

Cade: 21 (+1)

Chad Collyer: 34 (+/-0)

Chris Divine: released after Unscripted

Christian York: 46 (+1)

Christopher Daniels: 71 (+1)

Codekill (Roadkill): 65 (+3)

Dan Severn: 62 (+11)

Danny Drake: released after Unscripted

Don Frye: hired for one night only

Don Harris: 52 (-1)

Dory Funk Jr.: 58 (+1)

Doug Williams: 49 (+2)

Dusty Rhodes: 80 (+/-0)

Elix Skipper: 57 (+/-0)

EZ Money: 49 (+/-0)

Frankie Kazarian: 43 (+/-0)

Ghostwalker: hired for one night only

Homicide: 44 (+2)

Hope: 17 (+3)

J.J. Dillon: 50 (+/-0)

J.R. Ryder: 39 (+/-0)

Jackie Fargo: 50 (+/-0)

Jay Briscoe: released after Unscripted

Jeff Jarrett: 81 (-1)

Jerry Lynn: 77 (+8)

Jody Fleisch: 50 (+/-0)

Joel Maximo: 38 (+/-0)

Joey Matthews: 49 (+4)

Johnny Swinger: 46 (+/-0)

Jorge Estrada: 46 (+2)

Jose Maximo: 46 (+4)

Josh Prohibition: 57 (+/-0)

Jushin Liger: 84 (+5)

Juventud Guerrera: 84 (+/-0)

Kaz Hayashi: 63 (+/-0)

Ken Shamrock: 79 (+/-0)

Kid Kash: 58 (+/-0)

K-Krush: 65 (+2)

Little Guido Maritato: 55 (+4)

Low-Ki: 61 (+/-0)

Mafia: 49 (+4)

Mark Briscoe: released after Unscripted

Matt Cross: 62 (+/-0)

Michael Shane: 62 (+4)

Mike Tobin: released after Unscripted

Mikey Whipwreck: left due to Chris Divine's release

Monsta Mack: 49 (+4)

Navajo Warrior: hired for one night only

Paul London: 46 (+1)

Prince Nana: 36 (+2)

Psicosis: 58 (+5)

Quiet Storm: 46 (+/-0)

Rey Misterio Jr.: 81 (+/-0)

Ricky Morton: 67 (+/-0)

Robert Gibson: 64 (+/-0)

Ron Harris: 52 (-1)

Satoshi Kojima: released after suffering an eye injury while working in NOAH

Scoot Andrews: 60 (+/-0)

Shark Boy: hired for one night only

Shelton Benjamin: 42 (+/-0)

Simply Luscious: 27 (+2)

Sonny Siaki: 44 (+2)

Steve Corino: 76 (+3)

Sting: 93 (+/-0)

Super Crazy: 81(+/-0)

Super Dragon: 30 (+/-0)

Taiyo Kea: 58 (+/-0)

TAKA Michinoku: 69 (+/-0)

Terry Funk: 65 (+/-0)

The Amazing Red: 80 (+5)

The Honky Tonk Man: 72 (+1)

Trent Acid: 61 (+/-0)

Tully Blanchard: 50 (+/-0)

Xavier: 51 (+2)

Yang: 45 (+/-0)

Feud: Heat, Statistics

Ken Shamrock vs. Jerry Lynn: 82 (+5), tied at 1 win

Brian Kendrick vs. K-Krush: 79 (+4), K-Krush ahead 7 wins to 1

Dan Severn vs. Steve Corino: 67, Dan Severn ahead 2 wins to 1

Title: Image, Champion

NWA X-Division: Jushin Liger, 77 (+4)

- retained over Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera and Super Crazy via pinfall (9/25)

Well, I'm not sure exactly how Gabe talks in real life, but if he talks like that then I'm wondering why he's not a commentator, unless he is and then I feel stupid. Anyway, the top 10 rankings were a little funny in my opinion. I think it would have been better based on performance instead of overness, specially since Sting really hasn't done anything and for him to hold the number 1 spot is crazy. Also not liking the look of Severn's overness compared to Corino. If you're basing anything on the game at all, then Severn has got quite a ways to go to catch Corino, which means he's got to do something drastic...like win the fued or something, and that spells KONG NOT HAPPY!!...lol..corny I know. Kevin Sullivan coming to referee the match....hmm....what has Sullivan ever done to earn this spot?!! Also, wow, Kendrick has got to do something huge to get his heat back to. Krush ahead by 7, I know he's awesome and all but it's Spanky. Come on, who doesn't love a guy like that. That's all I got to say about that. Funny little news bits, some nice building towards the future, overall, still in the top 5 diaries on this board right now.