NWATNA: On The Road

C-MIL

I'm thinking that the attack on Funk will also result in help for Corino to defeat Sting and someone taking out Terry Funk, and it will be revealed as Shane Douglas. That way he could get all the power to himself.

And I'm eager to see what happens with the Horsemen. Going ahead and turning CW didn't seem like the best way to go about it, because aside from Corino, he was the only one in on it from the start and could have played the Arn role to Corino's Flair before turning on Corino himself. But he just turned on Jarrett, so it isn't nearly as good.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NWATNA.com

Sunday, December 1st, 2002

All About The Gabe: December 2002

By Gabe Sapolsky

Hell yeah! Gabe, comin' at ya on NWATNA.com for this month's report! When The Gabe promises a surprise, he delivers, huh? Shane freakin' Helms, baby! Eat that! Even NWATNA officials didn't know he'd be in Albuquerque this week! It just goes to show you... you want the scoop, then you need...

THE KAYGABE REPORT

- I must start off addressing a few big controversies between NWATNA and our leading competitor, World Wrestling Entertainment. There's a lot of misinformation floating around out there at the moment. First off, NWATNA officials have stated that Shane Helms is NOT under NWATNA contract and his appearance was a total surprise (not to me!). The status of Helms' WWE contract is unknown at this point but NWATNA is not currently advertising Helms on any future dates. If Helms shows up this Wednesday, it will be because he purchased a ticket or got past security, which is unlikely considering Shane Douglas has ordered extra security in the wake of Dory Funk Jr.'s attack.

- Second of all, many "reputable" wrestling newssites have posted word that NWATNA star Juventud Guerrera has signed a contract with WWE. Despite the reputation these sites may or may not have, this information is untrue. Here's the truth. On November 22nd, Juvi wrestled a match in Mexico in which he suffered a very serious arm injury. His contract expires this summer, but doctors have said that Juvi will be completely unable to even train past then. Long story short, Juvi has been incapacitated for the remainder of his contract. NWATNA is now at a crossroads. They will continue to pay Juvi, as per their agreement, but have formally announced that upon the end of that contract, there is no guarantee Juvi will be re-signed. NWATNA has given Juvi the option of nullifying the contract if he wishes to do so. Upon learning of this, WWE and Juvi opened negotiations and Juvi visited Titan Towers in Stamford where his photo was taken shaking hands with several WWE officials. The offer still stands for Guerrera to opt out of his current contract and sign with a competitor, but this has NOT occurred. As of this moment, Juventud Guerrera is still under exclusive contract with NWATNA.

- Finally, in more "rebuking B.S. news", the NWA has NOT purchased the ECW trademark from Paul Heyman. Although his current employers, WWE, were offering to purchase the trademark, Heyman sold it to a currently unidentified third party. Despite internet rumors, this was NOT the NWA nor anyone currently affiliated with the NWA. There is NO current plan to resurrect the ECW brand under the NWA umbrella. Rumors that WWE fired Heyman and he agreed to a deal with NWATNA are also untrue.

- Now onto something we CAN confirm. After being viciously assaulted backstage this Wednesday, Dory Funk Jr. has relinquished his position within the NWA Championship Committee and has left the company. We thank Dory after his great service to this organization and wish him the best in all his future endavors. A company-wide investigation is still going on to determine exactly what happened and criminal charges may be pending in the future. Funk has graciously offered to continue his support and association with NWATNA by posting a periodic column here at NWATNA.com, recalling many of the great memories of his career. Look for The Gunslinger's Rap to hit the site soon.

- Earlier this weekend, the NWA Championship Committee passed a new rule, extending the length of time between title defenses. Previously, a champion would be stripped after not having defended his title for 30 days. Now, that ruling has been extended by half to allow 45 days between defenses. In addition, the committee has lifted the statute on how long an ex-champion has to cash in his return match. Previously, if a former champion didn't have his return match within 30 days of losing thebelt, the clause was voided and he had to secure a shot by other means. Now, NWATNA officials have waived the limitations indefinitely, giving all former champions one guaranteed rematch for the title, available at any time.

- I know what just popped into your head. I'm thinking it too... and it WILL happen. NWATNA, after a long and arduous negotiation with Osaka Pro, have finally reached a deal. Scoot Andrews has agreed to join Osaka Pro for their winter tour and will be exclusive talent there beginning in 2003. Also, beginning in 2003... NWATNA becomes the ONLY place you can see Jushin "Thunder" Liger! After the warm welcome American fans gave Liger this summer, the former X-Division Champion has made the decision to move to America and agreed to an exclusive contract with NWATNA.

- The alliance between Steve Corino and C.W. Anderson seems to be at a very rocky point... but where does Tully Blanchard fit in? I've tried to contact him, but it appears Tully is staying out of this. Tully has decided to take a bit of time away from NWATNA and heal up some nagging injuries, including successful nasal surgery this past week. Reports indicate that Blanchard is good to go, but in no big hurry to return to NWATNA.

- NWATNA bids a fond farewell to the legendary Mae Young who has announced she's finally hanging up the boots. Thanks for the mammaries, Mae. Oops! I meant "memories". Yeesh.

- For the first time in NWATNA history, NWATNA officials have signed a young star to a three-year exclusive contract. The man is Afa Jr., son of the legendary Wild Samoan Afa. Afa Jr. will be debuting in NWARoH soon and working his way up the ranks, perhaps to one day become the NWA World Champion. His father has also joined the company and will be working in The GutCheck, our training camp. Congratulations and welcome aboard to both men.

- Speaking of NWARoH, many know of my past association with the promotion. During that time, I was fortunate enough to meet and work with two young men named Jose & Joel Maximo. Despite a rocky year, these two have showed great dedication and will be returning to NWATNA pay-per-views this month. All my best to both.

- Fans, if you're looking to catch a break on NWATNA weekly pay-per-views, then this is for you. NWATNA is now offering a special. $99.99 gets you THIRTEEN full editions of our weekly Wednesday pay-per-view broadcasts. That's like getting three for free! Can't beat it. Check out www.NWATNA.com/shop for more info on how to order.

- Speaking of ways to save money, this month NWATNA will be waiving it's $9.95 fee for two full hours as we present a special "holiday edition" on December 25th. Unlike our previous free broadcast on September 11th, this will be a LIVE broadcast from Memphis, Tennessee! Anything can happen when NWATNA is live and we invite all of the fans in Memphis to come down Christmas night and spend it with Total NonStop Action!

- Michigan-based independent wrestler Chris Sabin has agreed to join a large influx of talent hitting NWARoH soon. Fans may remember him as the tag partner of Tenacious Z on our 10/2 show. Best of luck, Chris.

- Xtreme Pro Wrestling in California has once again secured a TV deal. Monday Nightmare returns to the airwaves this Monday on MTV with a huge main event match. Former NWARoH Champion Little Guido Maritato will take on Salem, with Francine in his corner. You can also catch NWATNA star Codekill in action as well as the new XPW Tag Team Champions, The Toryumon Dragons, Kaz Hayashi and Super Dragon. It should be a great show.

- We apologize for The Honky Tonk Man missing the 11/27 pay-per-view, but he was given a one-week suspension for some comments posted on his website. There is now a disclaimer at www.TheHonkyTonkMan.com stating that his opinions do not necessarily reflect those of NWATNA in any form or fashion. Any issues derived from content posted on that site should be directed to it's webmaster, not NWATNA.

- Shane Douglas has announced that the NWATNA fans will be treated to a shocking announcement on our January 1st show. Even I don't know what it is yet, so I can't comment much... but I'm dying to find out!

10 ANSWERS WITH GABE

What are the hottest selling items from NWATNA.com's merchandise section?

10. La Parka Replica Mask

Replica masks are still selling very well. La Parka's is new, but already it cracked the top ten. Spoooky.

9. NWATNA vs. Pro Wrestling NOAH DVD

This event took place in Japan as a cross-promotion between NOAH and NWATNA. Apparently, the word's out that the Kid Kash/Mike Awesome and Rey Misterio Jr./Ultimo Dragon matches were really great.

8. Jeff Jarrett "Don't Piss Me Off!" T-Shirt

A cool slogan on a shirt will overcome any misgiving fans have over the guy who says it. Jarrett's hated, but the shirt is loved.

7. Brian Kendrick "Spank This!" Baseball Cap

A lot of kids are wearing it sideways. Is that because of the pot drugs?

6. Rey Misterio Jr. Replica Mask

It was a HUGE seller at Halloween but has dropped since then. Don't you people dress up for Thanksgiving?

5. NWATNA Logo T-Shirt

Help spread the word! The alternative has arrived!

4. Total NonStop Introduction DVD

It's never too late to relive the classics, like NWATNA's first show. A lot of people are reliving the moments on DVD, starting their collections with this title.

3. "Feel The Sting" T-Shirt

They're comfy and cool. I wonder if Sting winning the NWA World Title would bump these sales up any...

2. Jushin "Thunder" Liger Replica Mask

Liger outsold Misterio after winning the X-Division Title. I have a feeling the Villano masks will outsell them all!

1. The NWA 54th Anniversary DVD

Let's see. Daniels vs. Liger? Lynn vs. Shamrock? Sting vs. Jarrett? Corino vs. Severn? Yep. This will be in a lot of stockings by next month!

TNA Q&A

It's your chance to get your stupid, insignificant questions answered... by me!

This month's question comes from jackie503 who writes:

gabe lsat munth u dont ansewr my queshion! plz tel me wen nwata can b in my town! aslo i want 2 becom a restlar 2 how do i do taht1 thx

Well, Jackie...

Hello again. I still have no idea where you're from, but I'm guessing it's a place where they give you happy pills to keep you from giving yourself boo-boos. I'd suggest learning to read before learning to wrestle, but check out The GutCheck, NWATNA's official training camp. I went there recently and saw what Rey Sr., Mando and Larry were up to and they've got some great kids down there. When Afa arrives, expect the training quality there to go through the roof.

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR DECEMBER 2002

AfterShock

Flagstaff, AZ on the 4th

- Jerry Lynn vs. Ken Shamrock!

- NWA X-Division Champion Christopher Daniels defends vs. Rey Misterio Jr.!

- Three Way Dance: Cade vs. Jayson Reign vs. Sonny Siaki

- Los Maximos vs. The Jung Dragons

- NWA World Champion Steve Corino to appear!

CountDown

Tempe, AZ on the 11th

- NWA World Tag Team Champions Hope & Cade defend vs. Acid Reign & The Dream Team

Zero Hour '02

Phoenix, AZ on the 18th

- NWA World Champion Steve Corino defends vs. Sting!

plus...

Memphis, TN on the 25th

- NWATNA "Holiday Edition"!

- FREE ADMISSION + FREE TO VIEW AT HOME!

- NWATNA.com presents the "Match Of The Year"!

- Plus... Santa?!?!?!

NWATNA.com MONTHLY AWARDS

MATCH OF THE MONTH: Steve Corino vs. Brian Kendrick, A Funkin' Homecoming

right click + save target as to watch highlights

MOMENT OF THE MONTH: Juventud Guerrera "helps" Super Crazy & Psicosis, A Funkin' Homecoming

right click + save target as to watch in it's entirety

Bye!

Name: Current Overness (Overness Gain For November 2002)

A.J. Styles: 58 (+4)

Afa Jr.: 27 (+/-0)

Adam Jacobs: eliminated from Young Lions' Cup

Allison Danger-Michinoku: 35 (+3)

Barry Windham: 59 (+/-0)

Blitzkrieg: 54 (+/-0)

Boogaloo: 53 (+4)

Brian Kendrick: 80 (+/-0)

Brian XL: released after Scramble Madness

Bryan Danielson: 62 (+2)

Buckwheat: 71 (+/-0)

C.W. Anderson: 69 (+6)

Cade: 45 (+18)

Carlos Colon Jr.: 49 (+/-0)

Chance Beckett: 39 (+3)

Chris Sabin: 25 (+/-0)

Chris Stylez: signed to a one-night deal as per an agreement with CZW

Christian York: 48 (+2)

Christopher Daniels: 83 (+/-0)

Codekill: 65 (+/-0)

Dan Severn: 59 (+/-0)

Dave Powers: 30 (+/-0)

Dean Powers: 28 (+/-0)

Don Harris: 52 (+/-0)

Dory Funk Jr.: retired

Doug Williams: 53 (+2)

Dusty Rhodes: 80 (+/-0)

Eddie Colon: 42 (+/-0)

El Dandy: 39 (+/-0)

Elix Skipper: 61 (+4)

EZ Money: 51 (+2)

Frank Shamrock: 43 (+/-0)

Frankie Kazarian: 47 (+3)

Homicide: 51 (+3)

Hope: 41 (+18)

Ian Knoxx: signed to a one-night deal as per an agreement with CZW

J.J. Dillon: 54 (+3)

J.R. Ryder: 54 (+9)

Jackie Fargo: 50 (+/-0)

Jayson Reign: 49 (+9)

Jeff Jarrett: 74 (-3)

Jerry Lynn: 82 (+5)

Jody Fleisch: 51 (+1)

Joel Maximo: 38 (+/-0)

Joey Matthews: 56 (+4)

Johnny Swinger: 48 (+2)

Jorge Estrada: 48 (+2)

Jose Maximo: 50 (+1)

Josh Prohibition: 66 (+9)

Jushin Liger: 84 (+/-0)

Juventud Guerrera: 83 (+/-0)

Kaz Hayashi: 69 (+6)

Ken Shamrock: 84 (+5)

Kid Kash: 58 (+/-0)

Kimona: 41 (+1)

La Parka: 50 (+/-0)

Little Guido Maritato: 61 (+3)

Low-Ki: 61 (+/-0)

Mafia: 54 (+2)

Matt Cross: 71 (+9)

Michael Shane: 62 (+/-0)

Monsta Mack: 51 (+2)

Nate Hatred: signed to a one-night deal as per an agreement with CZW

Nick Gage: signed to a one-night deal as per an agreement with CZW

Paul London: 50 (+3)

Prince Nana: 39 (+1)

Psicosis: 63 (+5)

Quiet Storm: 46 (+/-0)

Rey Misterio Jr.: 81 (+/-0)

Ricky Morton: 67 (+/-0)

Robert Gibson: 64 (+/-0)

Ron Harris: 52 (+/-0)

Scoot Andrews: traded to Osaka Pro

Shane Douglas: 73 (+/-0)

Shane Helms: 75 (+/-0)

Shelton Benjamin: 48 (+2)

Silver King: 39 (+/-0)

Simply Luscious: 35 (+4)

Sonny Siaki: 47 (+3)

Steve Corino: 78 (-3)

Sting: 93 (+/-0)

Super Crazy: 81 (+/-0)

Super Dragon: 36 (+3)

Taiyo Kea: 58 (+/-0)

TAKA Michinoku: 69 (+/-0)

Teioh: 45 (+2)

Tenacious Z: 45 (+/-0)

Terry Funk: 65 (+/-0)

The Amazing Red: 80 (+/-0)

The Honky Tonk Man: 72 (+/-0)

Togo: 53 (+3)

Trent Acid: 78 (+9)

Tully Blanchard: 50 (+/-0)

Villano IV: 32 (+3)

Villano V: 30 (+3)

Xavier: 55 (+/-0)

Yang: 54 (+9)

Feud: Heat, Statistics

Ken Shamrock vs. Jerry Lynn: 84 (+1), tied at 3 wins

Steve Corino vs. Sting: 71 (+/-0), Steve Corino ahead 3 wins to 2

Title: Image, Champion

NWA X-Division: Christopher Daniels, 81(+/-0)

- retained over J.R. Ryder via pinfall (11/13)

NWA World: Steve Corino, 76 (+4)

- retained over Brian Kendrick via pinfall (11/9)

- retained over Brian Kendrick via pinfall (11/13)

NWA World Tag Team: Hope & Cade, 55

- won over Youthanazia via pinfall (11/20)

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, December 4th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: AfterShock

By Jimmy Kirk

"Listen here, Vince!" Shane Douglas shouted, talking on his cellular phone, "I don't know if you remember this... but I used to work for you! I know your tricks! If Shane Helms is the 'start of something', you had better end it... fast! I'm not playing around with you! You think you've done some crazy stuff? I am 'The Franchise', dammit! I'm not going to drive up in a tank and just stop. I'll blow the whole damn building up! You get me?!"

"Whatever," he muttered after a long pause, "Stay out of NWATNA or you'll be sorry." With that, Douglas hung up. He let out a long sigh and sat at his desk, staring down a mountain of paperwork. "What the hell am I going to do now?" he wondered aloud, "I had no idea this was so much..." Just then... Terry Funk barged in the door, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Who was it?!" he shouted, going nose-to-nose with Douglas across the desk, "Who beat up my brother?! I know you know something, Shane. Don't tell me that you don't. I want to know who, I want to know why and I want to know NOW! You give the man! Give me a match right here tonight! No rules, no disqualifications... I'm going to KILL that son of a bitch!"

"Hold on, Terry!" Douglas said as he stood and gripped funk by the shoulders, "Get a hold of yourself! Now, there's an investigation going on, okay? The championship committee is looking into it, Terry. We're going to find him and we're going to deal with him. Don't worry. Why don't you just go on home and let us handle this. You're too emotionally involved, Terry."

"Too emotionally involved?" Funk repeated, "Listen to me, you stupid piece of crap. Whoever did that... they weren't trying to send a message. They weren't trying to make a name for themselves. They were trying to kill my brother! You have an 'investigation'? I don't care! I want to know every suspect you've got and I'll interrogate them myself!"

"No, Terry," Douglas said, "The NWA is handling this. There's no reason anyone else needs to be hurt over it. We'll find the guy and take care of him. Trust me. He's done. His career with the NWA is over. Rest assured that justice is going to be served when we find this guy. You have my word on that, Terry."

"Justice?" Funk said, "So my brother is beaten like a dog in the bottom of some building and whoever did it loses their job? That's justice? Screw that! You continue your little investigation, Shane. I'm conducting one of my own. As for whoever did it... they just better pray you find 'em before I do!" With that, Funk stormed off, getting set to form his own line-up.

"Terry! Wait!" Douglas called back. Just then, his cell rang. He quickly answered it. "What?!" he yelled gruffly, "Oh, you're kidding me! Right now?! All right. Thanks. Bye." He hung up and sighed, looking out of his office door. Terry Funk was long gone. Douglas again sighed. "This is going to be a LONG night," he muttered to himself.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, December 4th, 2002

Dangerous Details: AfterShock

By "Danger" Will Riker

"We are live in Flagstaff!" Mike Tenay said, kicking off the program, "NWATNA has made it to the Grand Canyon State and we are just three short weeks away from Zero Hour! I'm Mike Tenay, alongside Don West and we have got some incredible action in store for you tonight. In our main event, the blood feud between Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock continues as Shamrock returns his month-long suspension to face Lynn one-on-one!"

"Plus," he continued as Christopher Daniels' music hit, "We're going to have a preview of next week's three way dance for the NWA World Tag Team Titles! The champions and their challengers will all be represented in a triple threat match! However, right now... get ready for an X-Division Title match to remember! 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels set to defend against Rey Misterio Jr.!"

Daniels limbered up in the ring as Misterio's music pulsated throughout the arena. The crowd rose to their feet, awaiting the challenger's entrance. The curtain hung motionless as Misterio's music kept playing, leaving them to wonder what the delay was. Just then... The Amazing Red jumped the guard rail! "Red?" West said, "He's been suspended indefinitely! What's he doing here?" Red rushed over to the broadcast booth and grabbed hold of a microphone.

"Everybody, listen up!" he said, "This match isn't going to happen tonight... because Rey Misterio Jr. is in JAIL!" Tenay gasped, shocked by Red's declaration. "That's right!" he said, holding up a document over his head, "This is a restraining order. Rey Misterio Jr. cannot step within 500 feet of me or he will be arrested! After all the things he's done to me, I had no choice but to do this... for my own personal safety!"

"Tell me this, Red," Tenay said, completely outraged, "Did this judge know what you did to Misterio in Memphis? Did he know that you tried to end his career that night? Did he know that because of the injuries you inflicted Rey now has to wear a mask to keep from scaring his own children?! After all the things, he's done to you? Please!"

"Shut up, Tenay," Red fired back, "This isn't about Rey anymore. This is about the championship committee. You forced me into a match with a total stranger as my partner, then because we lost... I'm suspended? Now, my partner, the guy who actually LOST the match gets to come back... and I don't? Bullshit! I purchased a season pass to every NWATNA event. I'm going to be sitting in the front row until NWATNA meets my demands."

"It's real simple," he said, "First, I want my suspension lifted. I'm not one of these stupid fans and I do not deserve to be treated like one! On top of that... I want a shot at the X-Division Title! NWATNA, if you want Rey Misterio Jr. back, you've got to take me back and put me in the ring with Daniels. It's that simple. You want to talk it over? You know where to find me." With that, Red threw down the mike and hopped back over the guard rail, taking a seat in the front row.

"Red is holding the championship committee hostage!" Tenay said as referee Chuck Berry ordered Daniels to leave the ring, ending the would-be dream match. The crowd booed mercilessly and several threw things at Red who immediately stood up and threatened them with legal action. Event security stepped in and guarded Red as the unruly Arizona crowd chanted "We want Rey! We want Rey!"

"Fans, we apologize," Tenay said, "This jerk was suspended a month ago and not welcomed back. I have no idea what this means for Rey's X-Division Title shot but it's safe to say this won't be settled tonight. Let's switch gears and move on with our next bout. Last week, Acid Reign and The Dream Team again wrestled to a no-contest. NWATNA officials have awarded both teams a shot at the tag team champions next week in a three way dance. Tonight, we'll get a bit of a taste of that three way war!"

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

CADE with Hope & Barry Windham vs. SONNY SIAKI with Jorge Estrada vs. JAYSON REIGN with Trent Acid

At the opening bell, Cade motioned for Reign to walk over to him, discussing a bit of strategy as Siaki looked on. Reign high-fived the tag champion, then the duo moved in on Siaki, attacking with a united front. As Cade moved in... Siaki scored with the boot to the gut! Cade doubled over, then Sonny slung him head-first into Reign's midsection. Siaki grabbed Reign's head and hooked him up, looking for the Siakolypse. Unfortunately for him, Cade reached up and grabbed him by the hair, breaking his grip, then drove him into the mat with a bulldog.

"It seems that Reign and Cade have formed something of an alliance," Tenay said, "I've got to believe that will be thrown out the window during next week's tag title match." Cade pulled Siaki up and grabbed his head, then called for Sonny's own Siakolypse! He put Siaki down on the canvas with the move and made a cover. Just then... Jayson Reign broke up the pin! Cade stood up, stared down Reign... then shoved him across the ring! As Cade prepared to resume the pin on Siaki... Reign blasted him with a superkick, knocking him through the ropes to the floor!

"I guess we didn't need to wait!" West said as Hope and Windham helped Cade to his feet on the outside. Reign covered Siaki got only got two. Reign hammered away on Sonny as he got to his feet, but Siaki fired back, popping Jayson in the gut. He whipped Reign off into the ropes, then hoisted him up and dropped him with a big Samoan drop! Reign popped back up, but Siaki was on fire, dropping him with a big cclothesline. Reign walked right into a second, then unwittingly stood in position for a third. Just then... Trent Acid reached in and tripped Siaki!

Reign quickly rolled Siaki up, getting two before Cade dove in to break up the fall. Outside the ring, Acid and Jorge Estrada had a brief verbal altercation. Once they finished, they went their separate ways, choosing not to get physical. Just then... Barry Windham rushed over and shoved Acid into Jorge! Estrada immediately turned and decked Trent with a right hand, then the two began brawling away as Windham and Hope watched on gleefully. Meanwhile, Cade and Reign hoisted Siaki up for a double suplex and drove him down to the mat hard.

Cade delivered a big jumping DDT on Siaki, paying homage to his mentor, Windham. He shouted "It's over!" then stepped into the corner and began stomping his foot, paying tribute to another wrestling star who influenced his career immensely. As Cade prepared to deliver some sweet chin music... from behind Reign tapped him on the shoulder. Cade turned around... right into a gorgeous standing dropkick! As Siaki slowly got up, Reign climbed up top and prepared to deliver his diving DDT finisher.

Just then, Jayson spotted Jorge Estrada's assault on his partner outside the ring. After a brief hesitation... Reign dove off and floored Jorge with a death-defying dive out to the floor! The crowd chanted "Holy shit!" as Reign and Acid slowly recovered. Meanwhile, Siaki and Cade got to their feet inside the ring. Siaki floored Cade with a clothesline, then signalled it was time for Siakolypse Now!

As Acid Reign stomped away on Estrada outside the ring, Windham climbed onto the apron, informing referee Billy Silverman of the brawl. Silverman turned to admonish the two as Siaki pulled Cade to his feet. Just then... Hope slid into the ring with one of the tag titles! He nailed Siaki in the head, knocking him cold, then threw Cade on top of him. With the damage done, Windham climbed down from the apron and allowed the ref to continue his job, which of course meant counting to three and calling for the bell.

WINNER: Cade via pinfall at 9:36

"Cade wins it, but not without significant help from just about everybody here," Tenay said, "Hope, Windham, Acid, Reign... they all played a part in this to some degree. the numbers game was just too much for the Dream Team tonight." Windham and the champions began making their way out... but were stopped by Acid Reign!

"Uh oh," Don West said, "I think Acid Reign had a deal with these guys going into this... but I'm not sure they wanted it to end this way. I think they got suckered by these three." Reign and Acid shouted at Cade, saying that the match wasn't supposed to end that day. Windham shrugged his shoulder and offered an insincere apology to them before resuming his walk to the back, leaving an angry Acid Reign behind.

"I think Hope and Cade agreed to help Acid Reign get rid of The Dream Team," Tenay said, "However, I think Acid Reign thought after they were out of the picture, it would be a battle between Reign and Cade. The champions completely took advantage of the situation and leave Flagstaff victorious. However, it's next week that counts because the NWA World Tag Team Titles will be on the line. Hope & Cade defend for the first time... and I think all alliances will be out the window come next Wednesday!"

The cameraman followed Windham, Hope and Cade to the back... then suddenly Kevin Sullivan came running past. The cameraman followed Sullivan to where a horde had gathered, causing quite a commotion. In the center, Terry Funk stood, wrapping his hands around the throat of Buckwheat! "Admit it, you son of a bitch!" Funk shouted as the backstage attendants tried to pry him off, "You attacked my brother! I'll kill you!"

Finally, Terry Taylor managed to pry Funk's fingers from around Buckwheat's throat. Buckwheat collapsed, wheezing and gasping for air. "Get that crazy bastard away from me!" he shouted with a raspy voice. No less than five officials held Funk back, one at his waist, each arm and each leg. Buckwheat rubbed his aching throat and coughed, then took a few deep breaths. "Let me go!" Funk shouted.

"Hey!" Buckwheat yelled back, "Chill out! I didn't have a damn thing to do with it!" Funk stared at Buckwheat, almost as if to give a telepathic lie detector test of sorts. "Man, at the time your brother got his ass whooped, I was pullin' turkey out of my teeth and barbed wire out of my face... thanks to you!" he said. Funk, realizing Buckwheat's alibi held up, stopped struggling with the officials and relaxed.

"I didn't beat up your brother," Buckwheat said, "I swear I didn't do it... but I'd like to know who did so I could shake his hand! That crusty old cracker got exactly what he deserved!" Enraged, Funk charged and began choking Buckwheat again! The officials quickly tried to separate them once more as Buckwheat flailed his arms desperately. Just then... Shane Douglas arrived on the scene.

"Stop it!" he shouted as the two were finally separated, "Stop it right now! Dammit, Terry! I told you to stay out of this! I told you I was handling this!" Douglas looked over at Buckwheat, who was down on one knee, short of breath. "Get out of here!" he shouted. Buckwheat glared at him. "But I just..." he started, but Douglas quickly interrupted, ordering him out again. "You better calm that bastard down," Buckwheat said, then cleared his throat and walked off.

"Terry, I asked you to leave this alone," Shane said, "The NWA is handling this. I want you to go home right now. Take some time off. Go be with your brother. We will handle this ourselves, Terry. Go." The officials released hold of Terry once Buckwheat was at a safe distance away, then backed away as Funk approached Douglas. "I'm not going anywhere," he said, "You conduct your little investigation, Shane. I'll conduct mine. Get out of my way."

"Terry, that wasn't a request," Shane said, "I'm ejecting you from the building. Get him out of here... now!" With that, the road agents reluctantly grabbed Funk and pulled him towards the nearest exit, pleading with him to come peacefully. "You find him, Shane," Funk said sternly, "You find out who, you find out why and you find out now... then you leave the rest to me. You understand?" Douglas nodded as Funk was escorted out, then sighed heavily.

"Wow, Mike," West said as the shot cut back to the broadcast booth, "You know, I thought last week was crazy. The "Feast Of Fury", Dory Funk Jr.'s attack, the appearance of WWE's Shane Helms... but already this week has been crazier! Terry Funk's been kicked out of the building, we've got a raving lunatic on the loose and Rey Misterio Jr.'s in jail... and we've still got more to come!"

"Don, I've been asked to address the incident last week involving Shane Helms," Tenay said, "The legal department for World Wrestling Entertainment has asked us to publicly announce that WWE had no part in Helms' appearance on last week's show. Helms is no longer under contract with WWE and isn't affiliated with them in any way. However, NWATNA officials say the same. Shane Helms is not part of this organization either. He's completely an independent contractor at this point."

"Yeah, but you got to believe something's up," West said, "I mean, Shane Helms showing up out of nowhere? Whazzupwiddat?! All kidding aside, I have no idea what Shane Helms' motivation was for interrupting the asault by Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino last week... but I'm sure glad he was there. I bet C.W. was too. This entire situation is completely insane, Mike. All I know is when I saw Shane Helms run into an NWATNA ring... I was looking around for more WWE wrestlers to be right behind him!"

"One thing is for certain," Tenay said, "We've increased the security measures here and we can say that neither Shane Helms nor any other independent wrestling personality who isn't supposed to be here have made it into the arena. After what happened to Dory Funk Jr., security is at an all-time high here and we can guarantee our show will continue on without interruption. Let's head back to the ring for some X-Division tag action!"

LOS MAXIMOS vs. THE JUNG DRAGONS

"This is the first time we've seen Los Maximos since their heinous attack on Rey Misterio Jr. in July," Tenay said, as a shot of Red sitting in the front row was shown, "We now know it was all masterminded by that man, The Amazing Red. Los Maximos have apologized and the NWA Championship Committee has agreed to allow them to return to action here on pay-per-view."

Yang and Jose Maximo kicked things off... literally. After a handshake both fired a dropkick at each other, neither one able to connect. Both kipped up and tried again, again failing to catch their opponent. After another kip up, Yang went for a dropkick... but Jose faked and simply leapt into the air. Yang kipped up... then Jose connected with the dropkick. He quickly hooked the leg and picked up a two-count with it.

Jose pulled Yang up and fired off some hard kicks to his leg, attempting to take away Yang's formidable aerial ability. Jose threw a kick... but Yang caught it. Yang threw Jose's leg up, causing Maximo to flip backwards, landing on his feet. Yang charged in with a kick, but this time it was Jose who caught it. Jose tried to same tactics, sending Yang flipping high into the air. However, as Yang came down, he grabbed Jose's head and spiked him with a DDT!

Yang dragged Jose to the corner and climbed up, signaling for Yang Time. Kaz Hayashi reached over and tagged himself in, then watched as Yang spiraled through the air and came crashing down on Jose. Yang hooked the leg, but referee Chuck Berry refused to count, stating Kaz was the legal man. Kaz leapt over the top rope and crashed down on Jose with a legdrop, but neglected to make a cover. Instead, he pulled Maximo up and tossed him into the corner.

Hayashi moved in for the kill, delivering a killer spinning DDT out of the corner. Kaz again ignored the cover and pulled Jose up, pitching him into the corner. From the apron, Yang shouted at his partner, demanding he quit showboating and finish the match. Kaz sneered at Yang and ignored him, running across the ring and cartwheeling int a forearm strike. Unfortunately, Jose ducked the blow and Joel rushed over, throwing a high kick that caught Kaz right between the eyes!

Los Maximos made the exchanged as Kaz tried to shake off the cobwebs. Joel sprang into the ring and nailed Kaz with a dropkick, putting him flat on the mat. Joel climbed up top and leapt off, spinning into an incredible corkscrew 450 splash! He crashed down on Kaz and hooked the leg, but Yang broke up the pin before Berry could reach three. The ref ordered Yang out as Joel tagged in Jose who blasted Kaz with a kick to the face as he rose from the canvas.

As Jose climbed up top and crushed Kaz with a big corkscrew senton, Kimona slowly made her way down the aisle to ringside. "Come on, Kazzie!" she shouted as Hayashi narrowly escaped a pin attempt. Jose tagged Joel back in, then propped Hayashi on the turnbuckle, setting him up for their devastating finisher, the Spanish Fly! "Don, if they hit this, it's all over!" Tenay said.

Just then... Kimona climbed on top of a chair and waved to Los Maximos, swiveling her hips seductively. Like every man in the arena, they couldn't help but watch on as she played with the zipper on her shirt, slowly pulling it down. As they drooled with anticipation... Hayashi ducked beneath their arms and tumbled between them, rolling across the ring to reach Yang for the tag! Yang rushed in and scored with a flying dropkick, knocking Jose over the top to the floor and sending Joel crashing to the canvas!

Joel pulled himself up in the corner... but Yang ran up him and flipped back to the center of the ring. Joel charged out of the corner, looking for a clothesline, but Yang easily ducked. Joel ran right into Hayashi who delivered a boot to the gut, then spiked him with a cross-legged brainbuster. From there, Yang pounced up top and flew off, scoring with Yang Time. Jose was a split-second too late from making the save.

WINNERS: The Jung Dragons via pinfall at 12:10

"The losing streak is over!" West exclaimed, "The Dragons win!" Hayashi and Yang embraced in celebration, then raised one another's hands in victory. Kimona slid into the ring and grabbed their wrists, raising their other hands. Yang quickly jerked his arm away and glared at the beautiful lady. Kimona looked back at him with apologetic eyes. Meanwhile, Hayashi continued to rejoice, oblivious to the tension between the two.

"Congratulations Kaz Hayashi and Yang, as well as Kimona," Tenay said, "It's been a very rough few weeks for these two, but they walk away with a victory tonight. Right now, let's take you backstage to Eric Shaffer who's with another team who's had a rough few weeks, Jeff Jarrett and the NWA World Champion Steve Corino. Eric, take it away."

"Thanks, Mike," Shaffer said, standing beside Jarrett and Corino backstage. Jarrett wore a sinister smile across his face as he looked into the camera. Meanwhile, Corino stood staring at the floor, clutching the NWA Title closely in front of him, seemingly to be in deep thought. "Guys," Shaffer began, "Last week, the two of you got a bit of a surprise courtesy of C.W. Anderson. The question on everyone's minds right now is this... Steve, before Shane Helms hit the ring, were you really going to hit C.W. with the title."

"Shut up!" Jarrett said, "That's not what everybody's thinking about right now. They're thinking about next week. 'The Chosen One' and the NWA Champion against C.W. Anderson and whoever he can get as a partner. Steve, I told you it was too perfect. Thanks to all this security, Shane Helms is going to be nowhere to be found. C.W. can't get another partner. Next week, we get our revenge... and establish ourselves as contenders to the tag team titles. Once we get those belts, the committee will have no choice but to book the match the world is talking about... Jarrett versus Corino. Ha ha!"

"Huh?" Corino said, seeming to have missed the whole thing, "Oh. Sorry." Jarrett looked at him, puzzled by his behavior. "Jeff," Steve said, "I've been thinking about what you said. Life IS about choices. It's all about how you choose to deal with your problems, right? I think I finally get it. I think I finally know what I'm supposed to do. Sorry, Jeff... but you'll need to find another partner next week. I've got a choice to make."

With that, Corino walked off, seeming much more content that he had moments prior. "What?!" Jarrett shouted, "Steve, get back here! What the hell are you talking about?!" Jarrett followed after Steve, demanding answers. "Mike, Don," Eric concluded, "Next week, we'll see Jeff Jarrett take on C.W. Anderson in tag team action. As for their partners... that looks to be up in the air right now. Back to you guys."

"Thanks, Eric," West said, "I wonder what that..." West's comment was cut off when the music of Chrostopher Daniels hit! Daniels, wearing the X-Division gold around his waist, stomped to the ring with purpose and demanded a microphone. The crowd chanted "Fallen Angel" as Daniels stood center-ring, waiting for them to calm down and allow him to speak.

"For those who don't know," he began, "Tonight, I was supposed to defend this title, the most important title on this planet, against Rey Misterio Jr. Thanks to circumstances beyond my or anybody else's control, that match didn't happen. Then I go back to the back and Shane Douglas tells me that it's okay. He says I've got until December 28th to defend this belt, thanks to a new ruling he and the committee made. Well, this is for Shane and the rest of the committee. Guys... it is NOT okay!"

"This is the NWA X-Division Title," he continued, "It's the most important and most prestigious title in the world today, bar none. Now, it seems to me that there's a line a mile long of worthy challengers on this planet. To them I say... bring it on! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants a shot gets one. No exceptions. You hear me, championship committee? I said anyone!"

"I look around and I see a lot of people who deserve to be 'anyone'," he said, "Jushin Liger deserves to be 'anyone'. It's been over a month since I defeated him for this title and he's yet to receive a return match. That is not okay! Rey Misterio Jr. deserves to be 'anyone'. He earned the shot and thanks to some ridiculous restraning order, he's spending the night in jail. That is not okay! Hell, if The Amazing Red wants, he could be 'anyone'. You want a shot? You got it!"

"Most of all," Daniels said, "These fans came here tonight and wanted to see an X-Division Title match. The championship committee would have you go on home without seeing one. That is not okay! So, here's what we're going to do. Shane Douglas? You send someone out here... anyone... right now, and they get a shot at my title. You do it, or I'll stand in this ring and wait until you do. That's not a threat. That's not a promise. That's the gospel... according to the Fallen Angel."

"What a fighting champion!" West said, "Daniels isn't going to go home without putting the gold on the line." In the front row, Red stood up, shouting at Daniels that he accepted the challenge. Event security stepped over as he attempted to hop the guard rail and ordered him to stay put, treating him as they would any other paying customer. Just then... generic entrance music played and Billy Fives stepped through the curtain and made his way to the ring.

"Don, I'm getting word from the back that XWF's Billy Fives has been selected to answer this call," Tenay said, "Billy competed in a recent lightweight tournament in the XWF that featured several of the top X-Division stars of the world. He even picked up a win over Kid Kash, just like Rey Misterio Jr. did last week. Don, Billy Fives might just make Daniels regret not taking the easy way out."

NWA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH

BILLY FIVES vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS (champion)

Daniels charged in, looking for a big kick. Fives caught the boot and used a dragon leg whip to put Daniels down on the mat, wrenching at his knee. Fives hit the ropes and tried to deliver an elbowdrop, but Daniels rolled out of the way and kipped up, landing on his feet. Fives charged him... but ran straight into a superkick! "My God!" Tenay cried out over the sickening smack of Daniels' foot striking Fives' jaw.

Daniels pulled Fives up and whipped him across the ring to the ropes, then floored him with a spinning heel kick. He moved to the corner and pounced to the middle, then the top, flipping backwards into the Best Moonsault Ever. Instead of making a cover, Daniels stood up and motioned with his hand, making a cross. "It looks like Billy's about to be read his Last Rites!" West said as Daniels pulled Fives up and hooked him for a reverse DDT.

Fives drive back his elbow into Daniels' ribs, breaking his grip and enabling the challenger to slip out of the hold. Fives hooked Daniels in a front facelock and prepared to hit the falling DDT, cleverly dubbed the Fives Spot. Daniels muscled Fives up and dropped him with an inverted atomic drop... then cinched him up and planted him with Angel's Wings! With Fives on dream street, Daniels pulled him up and hit Last Rites to pick up the decisive victory.

WINNER & STILL NWA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: Christopher Daniels via pinfall at 2:50

"Impressive title defense for the 'Fallen Angel'," Tenay said, "It's obvious that he channeled his disappointment about what happened with Rey Misterio Jr. into that performance." Daniels made his way around the ring, high-fiving the fans as he did so. As he passed The Amazing Red's seat, Red stood up and applauded him, mocking the many fans Daniels had in the crowd.

Daniels engaged in a brief stare-down with him, then turned to walk away. Just then, Red reached down and stuck his hand into a Rey Misterio Jr. replica mask. Using it as a puppet, he said "Daniels sucks!" Between Red's taunts and his actions that cost Daniels his match with Misterio... he snapped. Daniels charged at Red, firing off a few punches before security stepped in and pulled him away. As they dragged Daniels up the aisle to the back, Red stood smiling. "You'll be hearing from my attorney!" he called out, then chuckled.

"I can't believe this guy," Tenay said, "Red is holding the entire X-Division hostage it seems. How long will it be before NWATNA officials are forced to give in to his demands?" As Daniels made his way up the aisle... Steve Corino's music hit! The NWA World Champion stepped out from behind the curtain and began his walk to the ring, stopping briefly for a quick stare-down with Daniels. "What now?" Tenay said, "At this rate, we should be called 'Total NonStop Interruptions'!"

The crowd jeered heavily at Corino as he stepped through the ropes and into the ring. "First off," he said, "I never want to hear anyone stand inside of this ring and say they've got the most prestigious title in the world. That honor is mine and mine alone. The X boys may be stiff competition, but every letter in the alphabet wants to be the NWA World Champion. There is none better. There is none higher. Remember that."

"Let's see," Corino said, "Right about now we should have some kind of power surge, huh? Maybe a little light show? '14 days', is it? Where are you, Sting? You're late! You know, I've had it with these games of yours, Sting. They might have worked against Hulk Hogan... but I'm not Hulk Hogan, 'brother'. You're up in the rafters, pal. You don't see a bald spot, do you?" The crowd immediately looked up and began chanting for Sting to come down and hand Corino his ass.

"Two weeks, Sting," he continued, "I should congratulate you for making it this far. When that goofy little video came up that said you wouldn't be around for five weeks, I never thought you'd make it. I figured your ego would get the best of you. After all, that's what this is all about, isn't it? Your ego? I mean, it takes serious balls to use your status as a member of the championship committee to book yourself in a title match. Especially considering that you've had... what? One match in NWATNA?"

"Oh, sorry," he said, "You had two, remember? That second one was the one where I pinned you. You know... the moment that started all of this, the moment that sent you into your bat-cave or wherever the hell it is you hang out and paint your face. Sting, when I won this title, I proved to the world that Steve Corino is the future of wrestling. And when I pinned you, I proved it to you. You know the score, Sting. Me, one. You, zero. All the mind games these past few weeks haven't changed that."

"My good friend Jeff told me something," Steve added, "You know Jeff, right? Yeah. The guy who played the guitar... with your face! Sting, Jeff told me that life is about choices. Now, for a while I was choosing to handle my problem... that's you, buddy... by running from it. I was going to wait you out, Sting. You can't chase me forever. Eventually, you'd give up. You'd realize that when it comes down to it, you can't beat me, Sting. You'll never be NWA Champion. You'd realize that and you'd give up."

"Well, you win, Sting," he said, "You hear me? You win! I'm done running. I'm choosing to stop. Sting, you've had a plan all along, from the moment you entered NWATNA. December 18th is the date. Well, the funny thing about plans is that they change. It's not '14 days' you need to worry about anymore. It's seven! Next week, I'm calling you out! I'm done running and you're done playing games. It's time to settle this... once and for all. You want a piece of me? You know the place and now, you know the time. Stop looking at the clock and start looking in the mirror. The future belongs to me... and it begins in seven days."

Corino passed the mike to the ring announcer and made his way up the aisle towards the back. Just then... the lights went out and a red spotlight fell over him. The video wall lit up, showing the words "14 days" on it as ticking echoed throughout the arena. After a few seconds, the video wall went to static... then returned reading "7 days". As he watched this, Corino's eyes grew wider by the second and his bottom lip could be seen quivering as the house lights came back up. "Does that mean the challenge has been accepted?" West asked.

"For as long as NWATNA has existed," Tenay began, "So has a rivalry between Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock. It began as friendly competition, but has since evolved into pure hatred. Tonight, the next chapter in this blood feud shall be written as Lynn and Shamrock do battle once more. Lynn wants revenge for the cheap victory Shamrock handed him at The NWA 54th Anniversary while Shamrock is out to redeem himself following an embarrassing loss a few weeks ago, resulting in nearly a month-long suspension for him."

JERRY LYNN vs. KEN SHAMROCK

The two wasted little time in going toe-to-toe, abandoning the technical ability that had garnered them so much acclaim over the years and simply began trading hard punches. The crowd instantly began a divisive chant, crying "Let's go, Jerry! Let's go Shamrock!" showing their appreciation for both as the wrestlers delivered their blows in rhythm with the cheers. Lynn grabbed Ken's wrist and twisted his arm, then dropped to the mat with an armbar. Shamrock made the long, slow crawl to the ropes for the break, then stood up, shaking the kinks out of his elbow.

The two locked up and Shamrock took control, driving his knee into Lynn's gut. He hammered down on Jerry with double axe handle blows to the back, dropping him to the canvas. Shamrock gave Lynn a few quick stomps to the head before pulling him up and striking him in the chest with his forearm. Shamrock backed Lynn against the ropes and prepared to fling him across the ring with an Irish whip. Lynn quickly reversed the whip and charged Shamrock with a short arm clothesline. The impact of the blow sent both men up and over the top rope, causing them their bodies to be splattered on the arena floor!

As referee Mickey Jay began the ten-count, Lynn slowly got to his feet. He climbed up onto the apron and tried to climb through the ropes... but Shamrock reached up and grabbed his foot, attempting the anklelock! Lynn tried to kick Ken away, but Shamrock refused to let go. Shamrock leaned back, jerking Lynn down from the apron and causing him to crash head-first into the ring steps! The crowd began chanting "holy shit" as Ken's mouth fell open, shocked by the incidental damage he had caused. As Lynn slumped over on the floor, he looked up towards the lights, barely able to see from the blood pouring forth from his forehead.

"My God!" Tenay said, "Lynn may be knocked out cold from that!" Shamrock returned to the ring and demanded Jay begin counting Lynn out. The referee did as ordered, but his count was barely audible over the "Let's go Jerry!" chants of the Flagstaff faithful. As Jay reached four, the bloody Lynn sat up, weakly reaching for the ring apron. He grabbed it and began pulling himself, determined to break the count. By the count of eight, Lynn had climbed onto the apron and weakly tried stepping through the ropes. Just then, the callous Shamrock rushed over and delivered a running knee strike to his head, causing him to collapse on the middle rope. Luckily for Lynn, his body slumped into the ring rather than falling back out to the arena floor and a near certain count-out loss.

Shamrock rolled Lynn over and made a cover, but the wily veteran managed to prop his foot on the bottom rope just before Jay reached three. Ken pulled Lynn up and propped him in the corner, then climbed up and began unloading with hard shots to Jerry's bloody brow. Shamrock climbed down and wiped his bloody knuckles on his chest, then whipped Lynn across the ring, driving him into the turnbuckle hard. He looked out into the audience and let out a psychotic scream, then charged at Lynn... right into a big boot! Lynn hopped up to the top and snatched Ken's head, then swung around and drilled him into the mat with a tornado DDT!

"What a move by Jerry Lynn!" Tenay said, "The entire complexion of this bout has just changed!" Both Lynn and Shamrock lay prone on the canvas, prompting Mickey Jay to begin another ten-count. Again the split chants started up as fans weren't ready for the bout to end. Shamrock crawled to the ropes and pulled himself up as Lynn got up himself. Jay reached the count of eight before acknowledging both men as standing and ordered the match to continue.

Shamrock crossed the ring, ready to put Lynn away... but Lynn caught him with a elbow strike to the side of the head. Rocked but undaunted, Shamrock continued his approach, only to suffer another big shot. As Ken reeled back, Lynn hit the ropes and blasted him with the rolling elbow, knocking him straight down to the canvas. Lynn made the cover and hooked the leg, but Ken managed to muster the strength for the kick out.

Shamrock got up but Lynn put him right back down with a dropkick. He stood up... and gave the signal for the cradle piledriver! Shamrock took a boot to the gut and was placed into position but powered out, dumping Lynn behind him. Lynn hung on and rolled him up with a sunset flip, getting a two-count. Shamrock kicked out and rolled backwards, quickly getting to his feet. As Lynn got up, Shamrock charged and scored with a clothesline, stopping him.

Lynn got to his feet and turned to face Shamrock... but walked right into a belly-to-belly suplex! Jay counted to two, but Shamrock broke his own pin by pulling Jerry up, keeping his arms clasped around his torso. Shamrock drove Lynn down with a second belly-to-belly and got another two before pulling him up, looking for the trifecta. Ken hoisted Lynn up... but Jerry cradled his head with his arm and dropped down, spiking Shamrock with a DDT out of nowhere! Both men lay on the mat, totally exhausted, forcing Jay to again administer the ten-count.

Lynn beat the count, reaching his feet at five. As Shamrock pulled himself up, Lynn again signalled for the cradle piledriver. He stepped over to Shamrock and threw a kick... but Ken caught it. Gripping Lynn's foot in his hand, Shamrock twisted it, attempting to apply the anklelock! Lynn fought to hold his ground, but fatigue was a difficult foe to beat. As Ken began to turn the tide, nearly cinching in the hold fully, Lynn made a last-ditch effort to break it, swinging his free leg up and connecting with Ken's head! "Big enzuigiri!" Tenay screamed over the roaring crowd and the sick sound of face and toe colliding.

Lynn collapsed to the mat, absolutely drained of all energy. He slowly crawled to Ken's prone body, who lay completely unconscious. With the Flagstaff faithful at his back, Lynn reached over and draped an arm across Ken's chest. "Here's the cover!" Tenay said, "One! Two! Thr..." Tenay's count was interrupted... by the bell. "Was that three?" Tenay asked as Mickey Jay looked at the timekeeper, completely confused. Just then... Perfect Strangers hit and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas made his way out into the entranceay!

"I'm sorry," Douglas said, "But we've run out of time for this week's show. as a result, I'm officially stopping this match and ruling it a time limit draw. Thank you all for joining us this week and we'll see you next week, live from Tempe at our last show before Zero Hour! Good night!" The crowd booed heavily at Douglas' decision. A bloody Lynn climbed off of his unconscious nemesis and walked to the ropes, using them to support his weight. Lynn stared at Douglas and raised his hand, extending his fingers. "Five more minutes!" he shouted.

The crowd took to Lynn's request, bursting out in a "five more minutes" chant. Douglas looked annoyed as he peered into the audience, watching as the thousands denounced his decision. "Five more minutes?" he asked, "You want five more minutes? I'll do even better! December 18th in Phoenix, I'm giving you people more than you ever imagined! I'm giving you SIXTY minutes!"

"One full hour," he continued, "And when it's over, we're finally going to see who the better man is! It's going to be Jerry Lynn... versus Ken Shamrock... in an IRON MAN MATCH!" The crowd erupted at this announcement, immediately shifting their tone. A small "Thank you, Shane!" chant started up as the credits began to roll. The final image from AfterShock saw an exhausted Lynn collapse in the center of the ring, landing right next to the equally winded Shamrock.

RESULT: no-contest via time limit draw at 22:08

AfterShock:

Terry Funk demands answers from Shane Douglas.

- Overall Rating: 79%

- Terry Funk gained overness from this segment.

The Amazing Red unveils his restraining order.

- Overall Rating: 71%

Cade defeats Sonny Siaki and Jayson Reign.

- Overall Rating: 63%

- Crowd Reaction: 50%

- Match Quality: 77%

Terry Funk "interrogates" Buckwheat.

- Overall Rating: 81%

- Terry Funk gained overness from this segment.

- Buckwheat gained overness from this segment.

The Jung Dragons defeat Los Maximos.

- Crowd Reaction: 53%

- Match Quality: 90%

Jeff Jarrett & Steve Corino discuss next week's match.

- Overall Rating: 75%

Christopher Daniels defeats Billy Fives.

- Overall Rating: 70%

- Crowd Reaction: 58%

- Match Quality: 83%

Steve Corino challenges Sting.

- Overall Rating: 76%

- Sting lost overness from this segment.

Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock wrestle to a no-contest.

- Overall Rating: 81%

- Crowd Reaction: 81%

- Match Quality: 82%

Overall Rating: 74%

- Buyrate: 0.20

- Attendance: 3,399

- Jerry Lynn: "I think I should be higher up the card."

NWATNA.com

Saturday, December 7th, 2002

Next: CountDown

By Katy-Jayne Myers

The challenge has been issued. Will it be accepted? Just seven days before squaring off one-on-one for the NWA World Title, Sting has been given the ultimatum to face Steve Corino this Wednesday. We may not have to wait until Zero Hour to see these two go head-to-head! It could happen this Wednesday in Tempe!

Plus, Jeff Jarrett and C.W. Anderson will go at it in a "dream partners" match. Corino has already made other plans so Jarrett is forced to find another ally. As for Anderson, his rumored partner, Shane Helms, isn't even under contract with NWATNA! What surprises are in store for these two? Find out this Wednesday!

The NWA World Tag Team Titles will be at stake as Hope & Cade defend against Acid Reign and The Dream Team. NWATNA officials have decided this match will be an elimination match, meaning Hope or Cade must be pinned in order to lose the titles. However, Wednesday night the champions looked strong in a singles three way dance featuring a member of each team. Which team will exit Tempe as the champions?

All that, plus this match just added... Super Crazy & Psicosis team up to face the returning Rock 'N' Roll Express! This will be the "rubber match" in the rivalry between the Express and Tres Locos, both having picked up a win earlier this summer. Which team will end 2002 on a high note? Find out Wednesday for only $9.95!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, December 11th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: CountDown

By Jimmy Kirk

"Welcome to Tempe!" Eric Shaffer said, standing in the parking lot, "We are live for CountDown, NWATNA's last stop on the road to Zero Hour! Tonight is the NWATNA stars' last chance to gain crucial momentum heading into the event that will no doubt define 2002 as the year of NWATNA's emergence and will solidify 2003 as the year we climb to the top of this industry!"

"Tonight," he continued, "Steve Corino has issued a challenge, creating something of a preemptive strike on the man they call Sting. Sting and Corino will battle for the NWA World Title in just seven short days but Corino wants to move their first one-on-one match up to tonight, trying to throw the Stinger off his game. We haven't seen Sting since four weeks ago when Corino pinned him in a tag team match. I'm standing by, waiting on Sting's arrival. I hope to get the first official word as soon as possible."

Just then... a car pulled up and parked. Moments later, the passenger door opened and out stepped C.W. Anderson. Anderson walked around and retrieved his bags from the trunk. "Thanks, man," he said, "See you later." The car drove off and Anderson took up his bags and headed towards the entrance, passing by Shaffer. "C.W. Anderson," Eric said, "Eric Shaffer, NWATNA broadcaster... can I get a quick word?"

"No," C.W. said, "I'm not the talkin' type. Go ask somebody else your question." Anderson continued heading for the door, but Shaffer stopped him. "Please, C.W.," he said, "Fans around the world have been asking some serious questions about your behavior. Why did you cost Corino and Jarrett the match at the Iron Team Challenge?"

"Why?" Anderson said, "It's real simple. Jeff Jarrett had no business even being there. Steve and I were the team that qualified. Yeah, I screwed up and put us at a disadvantage... but it was my problem to fix. Jeff Jarrett didn't have nothing to do with it. In the end, Steve made his choice... and he made the wrong one. No hard feelin's, but I'm not going to let Jeff Jarrett walk away with a title that should be mine."

"Steve made his choice?" Eric said, "Does that mean The Extreme Horsemen are no more? Is that why you brought Shane Helms to NWATNA?" C.W. glared at him. "Listen up and listen good," Anderson said, "The Extreme Horsemen? I don't know where that all stands right now. I love Steve like a brother, but two weeks ago when Jarrett was holding my arms behind my back... I saw him pick that belt up and I have no idea whether he was going to hit me with it or not. As for Shane Helms... I didn't have nothing to do with that. When he showed up, I was as surprised as anybody. I had nothing to do with him showing up... but I was damn glad to see him."

"Really?" Eric said, suspiciously, "You knew nothing of Shane Helms' invasion two weeks ago? Are you sure? More importantly, are you sure we won't see a replay of it tonight in your 'dream partners' match with Jeff Jarrett?" Anderson quickly grabbed Shaffer by the collar and pressed him against the door, holding a tightly clenched left hand before his face. "Listen, boy!" he shouted, "I done told you not to ask me once! Don't make me answer you twice! I didn't know Helms was coming then and I don't know when, or if, he's coming back. Get it?!"

"Y-y-yeah," Shaffer stammered out, "I get it." Anderson put his hand down. "Good," he said, then flung Shaffer to the ground and entered the arena. "Ow!" Shaffer screamed as the shot panned down to show him rubbing his arm, "Fans, we're out of time on the pre-show but two hours of action await in just minutes. It's only $9.95 for all the..." Shaffer suddenly stopped and his mouth dropped open as a shadow fell upon him. As the awestruck announcer looked on from the ground, a pair of feet walked past, followed by the billowing fabric of a black trenchcoat. As the figure headed towards the door, the tip of a black baseball bat was visible, hanging at his side.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, December 11th, 2002

Dangerous Details: CountDown

By "Danger" Will Riker

The pay-per-view telecast opened with a shot inside the arena. Several fans held up a few signs, spelling out "7 DAYS" on them, a message to NWA World Champion Steve Corino. Mike Tenay and Don West sat at the broadcast position, eager to kick off this week's festivities. "The CountDown is on!" West exclaimed, "Before we reach Phoenix though... we've got NWATNA action for you. It begins... NOW!"

"Don, we begin this week with a match for the NWA World Tag Team Titles," Tenay said, "At the Iron Team Challenge, Cade & Hope walked away our new champions after a grueling gauntlet. However, during the course of that show, both The Dream Team and Acid Reign were eliminated by a no-contest ruling. Tonight, both teams have earned the right to be the first challengers to Hope & Cade. It will be an elimination rules match, meaning one pinfall simply won't do it. To exit Tempe tonight as the champions, two men must be the last team standing!"

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THREE WAY DANCE

HOPE & CADE (champions) with Barry Windham vs. THE DREAM TEAM vs. ACID REIGN

As challengers, Acid Reign and The Dream Team were given the opportunity to start things off in the ring, represented by Jorge Estrada and Jayson Reign. The champions, meanwhile, were forced to assume a spot at opposite corners of the ring and wait to be tagged into the bout by a legal participant. Estrada quickly whipped Reign to the ropes and leapt over him as he bounced back. Reign stopped short, turned around and blasted Jorge with a dropkick! Reign reached to tag in Cade... but from ringside, Barry Windham ordered Cade to withdraw his hand, forcing Reign to instead tag his partner, Trent Acid.

"Interesting strategy from the champions," Tenay said, "Windham obviously realizes that they cannot be eliminated unless they are the legal men. By keeping Cade & Hope out of the ring, he's using the challengers to destroy each other. That veteran influence on the outside is going to give them a huge advantage, not just in this match but throughout their career." Acid Reign clobbered Estrada in the corner with hard punches until referee Chuck Berry forced the illegal Reign out. Acid snapmared Estrada down and began stomping his foot, charging up the yakuza kick.

Acid charged out of the corner and caught Estrada flush on the chin with the running kick, knocking him straight down. He hooked the leg... but Estrada incredibly broke free at two! Acid pulled Jorge up and tagged Reign back in, who climbed up to the top rope. Acid muscled Estrada up for a powerbomb, then Reign sailed off, dropping a big leg across his chest. Reign made the cover... but Hope broke up the pin! Barry Windham stomped furiously at ringside and admonished Hope for his actions.

"Acid Reign was sending a message to Hope & Cade there," West noted, "Hope sent one right back. That's THEIR finisher." Reign pulled Estrada up, but Jorge surprised him with a big hiptoss. Estrada made a desperate dive to the corner and tagged in Sonny Siaki. Siaki charged in and leveled Reign with a hard clothesline. Reign popped right back up but another sent him right back down. Siaki attempted a third clothesline, but Reign saw him rushing in and leapfrogged him. Unfortunately for Reign, Siaki merely grabbed him and spun him around, then splattered him on the canvas with a big clothesline!

Siaki pulled Jayson up and hooked him for the Siakolypse... but Reign broke free. He rushed for the corner to catch a breather. Just then... Cade slapped him on the shoulder and climbed into the ring, much to Barry Windham's chagrin. Cade locked up with Siaki and slipped behind him, hooking on a waistlock. Cade tried to back suplex Siaki but Sonny rolled out of it, landing on his feet. He quickly stepped into the corner... then slapped Trent Acid across the face! "Get in the ring!" he shouted.

An alarmed Acid entered the ring and locked up with Cade. Cade quickly whipped him into the turnbuckle. As he staggered out, Cade bounced off the ropes and drove him face-first into the mat with a bulldog. He reached up and tagged in Hope who took a uncharacteristic position on the top rope. Cade pulled Acid to his feet and swept his legs out from under him as Hope jumped off with a flying clothesline! Hope hooked Acid's leg, but Trent narrowly escaped at two, saving his team from elimination.

Windham climbed onto the apron, demanding that Hope tag in Siaki. Chuck Berry watched as Hope crossed the ring to tag Siaki in... allowing Windham to slip his boot off and pass it to Acid. "What was that?" West asked. Siaki stood over the downed Acid and looked out into the crowd, shouting "Siakolypse when?!" The audience on hand quickly replied with "Siakolypse NOW!" urging Sonny to attempt his finisher. He pulled Acid up by the hair and hooked him into position for it. As he did so, Chuck Berry demanded that Windham get down from the apron. With the ref's back turned, Acid saw his chance. He reached up and clocked Siaki with the boot, then pitched it to Reign and rolled Sonny into a pinning combination!

"One! Two! Three!" Tenay counted along, "That's it! The Dream Team, thanks to the strange alliance between these teams, have been eliminated! Don, this was simply a matter of the numbers going against Estrada and Siaki. Windham was directing traffic the entire time. Well... the alliance is over now! Hope & Cade, Acid Reign... only two can win this thing!"

Windham climbed up onto the apron and shouted at Chuck Berry, pointing at Cade. As he did so, Hope entered the ring and rushed at Acid with a clothesline. Trent ducked and then fired off a vicious chop to the chest, sending Hope staggering back into the corner. There, Reign took the boot and nailed him in the side of the head! Acid and Reign made the exchange as Hope to collapsed to the mat. As Hope slowly got up, Reign headed up top, then leapt off, grabbing Hope's head in a flying DDT! "The Reign Drop!" Tenay said, "Cover! Hope is put! Why isn't the referee counting?!"

Berry tapped Reign on the shoulder and told him to get up, saying that Hope wasn't the legal man. Just then... Cade floored Jayson with a big superkick! Cade dragged Reign towards the corner and climbed up, jumping off with a guillotine legdrop. That was all she wrote. "Barry Windham had stepped in and said Cade was the legal man," West clarified, "It was a case of misdirection that cost Acid Reign dearly. They thought Hope had entered the ring as the legal man. Tough break for both sets of challengers, but thanks to Windham's tricks... we don't have new champions tonight."

WINNERS & STILL NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Hope & Cade via pinfall at 14:10

"The tag team division in NWATNA is heating up," Tenay said, "We've got two more big tag matches scheduled for this evening, but all teams have their eyes set on Cade & Hope. I'm no fortune-teller, but I'd say 2003 is going to be a challenging year for those two young men." Windham, only wearing one boot, patted his boys on their shoulders as he escorted them up the aisle to a sure victory celebration. Acid Reign followed them out, visibly disappointed. "Let's get to our next..." Tenay began, but was quickly cut off by the music of... K-Krush!

"What's My Name?" burst out through the speakers as Buckwheat danced his way from behind the curtain, gyrating and smiling his way to the ring. "That's not his theme music," West said, "What's the meaning of this?" 'Wheat climbed into the ring and demanded a microphone. He rapped a few lyrics of his song, then shouted "Cut the music!" As the song faded out, the crowd's boos filled the air.

"What's my name?!" Buckwheat shouted, prompting a very loud "Buckwheat" chant from the audience. "Wrong, bitches!" he yelled, "My name is K-Krush and nothin' can prepare you from what I'm about to do! I'm sick of this crap that's been going on. I'm sick of being treated unfairly by this damn company! Most of all, I'm sick of all you damn people treatin' like a slave! K-Krush is nobody's bitch! This ends tonight! Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for... Mr. Mason!"

"Who?" Don West asked aloud as a lyricless version of K-Krush's theme hit. Out came former WWF manager Clarence Mason, famed for his stint as a member of the Nation Of Domination. He carried a briefcase as he walked to the ring with purpose. Krush held the ropes open as he stepped through, then handed him the mike.

"Good evening, Tempe," he said, met with a loud chorus of boos, "For those who don't know me, I am Mr. Mason... attorney-at-law. I'm here tonight to correct a terrible injustice within the NWA and specifically, NWATNA. The way my client has been represented by this organization has been appalling! Tonight, I'm here to serve notice to the NWA Board Of Directors. Gentlemen, I am prepared to take this case to trial... immediately!"

"Exhibit A," he said, "My client's name and likeness has been infringed upon since October 23rd of this year. K-Krush is a registered trademark with the United States Patent Office and is NOT owned by NWATNA. It is owned by my client. The championship committee, and namely Dory Funk Jr., have infringed upon my client's rights as patent holder by forcing him to not use it... because he is a proud black man."

"Exhibit B," he added, "On November 13th of this year, my client was forced to work alongside a wrestler known as The Honky Tonk Man. Mr. Tonk Man himself has been forced to perform under a racist label of his own design. My client did not choose to team with this man. He was forced... forced by the championship committee. Despite numerous complaints of a potential unsafe working environment, my client's requests to not participate in the match were repeatedly refused... based solely on his skin color."

"Exhibit C," he continued, "Just two weeks ago on November 27th, my client was forced into a match with a Mr. Funk, a man who has been diagnosed as mentally ill. During the course of this match, a deadly weapon, specifically an eight-inch carving knife, was made present for Mr. Funk to use. NWATNA hoped to murder my client on live pay-per-view before the eyes of thousands... simply because he is black."

"Finally, Exhibit D, the final straw," Mason finished, "Last week, my client was himself accused of assault despite no evidence to prove his guilt. My client's disagreement with Mr. Funk and his family have been well-documented, but the only reason he was accused of this crime is because he is an African-American. There you have it. The evidence is all there. Trademark infringement, creating a hostile work environment, attempted murder and racial profiling. Guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty!"

"I will have my secretary send the paperwork in the morning," Mason said, "Unless... we can settle this out of court. We'll see you. Whether it be at a negotiating table or in court... we WILL see you." Mason passed the microphone back to K-Krush. "Yo," he said, "We ain't playin'. I'll get what I deserve one way or another. NWA Championship Crackers... you just got served!" With that, Krush dropped the microphone and he and his lawyer left.

"What?" Tenay said, "Buck... er, K-Krush is suing the NWA? I can't believe this. Of all the... K-Krush is the lowest of the low. Trademark infringement? He lost the 'name versus name' match! Creating a hostile work environment? This is pro wrestling! Jeez! Attempted murder? If I recall correctly, it was Buckwheat who tried to stab Terry Funk with that knife. Racial profiling? There is a company-wide investigation going on looking at Dory Funk Jr.'s assault. Everyone is being questioned."

"Even we were asked, Mike," West chimed in, "Still, K-Krush has to be a suspect, just based on his run-ins with The Funks in recent weeks. What about his repeated attacks on Brian Kendrick this summer? Where was Kendrick's lawyer? Mike, this stinks. First, Red... now K-Krush is going to be holding NWATNA officials hostage with this legal mumbo-jumbo. I'm sick of it. Let's just get to the next match."

DOS LOCOS NUEVOS vs. THE ROCK ‘N’ ROLL EXPRESS

"The new Dos Locos are hoping to get back on track here," Tenay said, "It's been a rough few months for them thanks to infighting and the serious injury suffered by Juventud Guerrera. Psicosis made his NWATNA debut by helping the Locos take Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson out in August. This is the Express' first match since then. There's a lot of bad blood and a lot to prove for both of these teams here tonight."

Robert Gibson and Super Crazy locked up. Gibson wrung Crazy's arm but the luchador quickly reversed it after rolling through on the mat. Crazy used Gibson's arm to whip him into the ropes, then nearly took his head off with a big spinning heel kick. He made a cover but Ricky Morton stepped in and broke it up. Crazy pulled Gibson up and propped him in the corner, then rattled off a few chops before whipping him across the ring. Gibson reversed it, sending Crazy towards the corner. Amazingly, Crazy pounced up onto the middle rope and flipped off, leveling Robert with a standing moonsault!

Crazy got a near fall then tagged in Psicosis. They whipped Gibson into the ropes and caught him with a double hiptoss, then flattened him with a double tumbling senton. Crazy left the ring while Psicosis went for the pin. Again, Gibson kicked out at two. After a few stomps, Psicosis headed towards the corner and climbed up. He jumped off, looking for a missile dropkick. Gibson managed to avoid the contact and send him crashing to the mat.

Psicosis recovered quickly but walked right into a big DDT. Gibson gutted through the pain to reach the corner, giving Ricky Morton the hot tag. Morton rushed towards Psicosis but Crazy stepped in to intercept. Crazy and Morton traded punches as Psicosis climbed to his feet. Morton dodged a punch and grabbed Crazy's head, slamming it into Psicosis'! As Crazy collapsed, Morton grabbed Psicosis by the head and drove him down with a bulldog. He made the cover... but Crazy grabbed his boot and pulled him off as he slid out of the ring.

Crazy breathed a quick sigh of relief on the outside, thankful he had managed to save his partner. Just then... Morton dove through the ropes and crashed into him with a big suicide dive! The crowd cheered as Morton returned to the apron, then scaled the turnbuckles. He waited as Psicosis quickly returned to his feet, then leapt off, connecting with a cross body block! Psicosis took the impact right in the chest and hit the mat, then rolled through and landed atop Morton. He quickly propped his feet on the rope and hooked Morton's leg. Referee Billy Silverman started the count... then noticed the feet on the rope and stopped, admonishing Psicosis for his illegal actions.

Psicosis pulled Morton up and put him in position for the Psicostunner... but Morton escaped and shoved Psicosis into the corner. He tagged in Gibson and the Express caught Psicosis with a double dropkick in the corner. As Silverman forced Morton from the ring, Super Crazy leapt into the ring and attacked! He quickly turned Gibson upside-down and spiked him with a killer Juvi Driver! Psicosis stepped out of the corner and took a knee, then Crazy pounced on the bottom rope and sprang backwards into a moonsault!

Crazy quickly got up and delivered another moonsault, this time from the middle rope. Despite Silverman's orders to leave the ring, Crazy scaled to the top to complete the trifecta. Seconds later, Psicosis leapt off the top as well with the guillotine legdrop! With his body decimated by the high-risk offense, Gibson was easy pickings for Psicosis who made the pin. Morton stepped in to break it up but was simply too late.

WINNERS: Dos Locos Nuevos via pinfall at 9:14

"The rubber match goes to the Locos," Tenay said, "A decisive victory for Crazy and Psicosis. It looks like the problems of 2002 may be behind this team in 2003. The tag team division in NWATNA is at a record high and it continues in moments with the 'dream partners' match! Jeff Jarrett and a partner of his choice will take on C.W. Anderson and a partner of his choice. The question still lingers... with Steve Corino unwilling and Shane Helms unable, who can these two get to join their side?"

The scene cut backstage where Shane Douglas was seated at his desk, talking on the phone. "Good," he said, "I'm glad you're enjoying it, sir. I've got some tapes I'd like to send you in the next few days. Just something to think about. I really think you'll..." Douglas stopped as a hand reached into view and pressed down on the phone base, hanging up on the caller. "What the hell?!" Douglas shouted, turning to his side to see... Christopher Daniels!

"We need to talk," Daniels said, "I've tried calling you all week. I haven't been able to get through. I realize you're busy... but I'm the NWA X-Division Champion. You can either fit me into your schedule or I can fit myself in. Seems like you're not busy now so... let's have a little chat, Shane." Douglas stood up and stared Daniels down, furrowing his brow and scowling at "The Fallen Angel".

"You're the X-Division Champion?" he said, "Well, I'm 'The Franchise', dammit! Busy? You have absolutely no idea how busy I am, Chris. The guy you just hung up on? That guy is a very important person, not just to me but to the future of NWATNA. What just you did... you have no idea what you just did. This had better be worth it, Chris. This had better be important."

"It is," Daniels replied, "I want Red. Tonight, next week... I want him as soon as possible. I'm giving him an X-Division Title match, just like he wants. After I beat him, Rey Misterio Jr. comes back and I want a match with him. The championship committee doesn't seem to be taking this seriously... but I do. A defense every 45 days isn't enough, Shane. I want to prove to the world that the X-Division Title is the most important in the world. To do that, I need the best challengers you can offer. Rey Misterio Jr. fits that bill. If taking on Red is my only way to get to him, I want it done... now."

Douglas took a deep breath. "Listen, Chris," he said, "Rey's going to get his shot. Don't worry. Nothing Red's done is going to change that. Right now, Red is suspended and he'll remain suspended until I say otherwise. If he wants to take this fight into the courtroom, so be it. NWATNA has a legal team too. Trust me, Chris. This matter will be sorted out and you will face Rey for that title. However, I'm not going to let Red call the shots. He's NOT getting a title match."

"Shane, I don't care how you do it," Daniels said, "Get Rey back in NWATNA and get him in the ring with me. I don't care how. Just get it done... or else. That's not a threat. That's not a promise. That's the gospel... according to 'The Fallen Angel'." With those words, Daniels turned and walked away, leaving Douglas behind. "Be careful what you wish for," Douglas said as he dialed the phone, "You just might get it." He put the receiver to his ear. "I'm sorry about that, sir," he said once the other line picked up, "Now... where were we?"

In the arena, Jeff Jarrett music played as the 'chosen one' strutted out to the ring for the next bout, then demanded a microphone. "Shut up!" he shouted to the booing crowd, "All of you shut up! C.W. Anderson, you're a fool! If you thought I couldn't get another partner besides Steve Corino, you're so wrong. Ladies and slapnuts, please welcome my tag team partner... Ken Shamrock!" Shamrock's music hit and he came out, looking as dangerous as ever. "Ha ha!" Jarrett laughed, "Choke on that, slapnut!"

Anderson's music hit and he came out, already holding a microphone. He chuckled as he looked at Jarrett and Shamrock in the ring. "Damn, Jeff," C.W. said, "You ain't predictable, are you? I guess considering you only got two friends here in NWATNA, it was a coin toss, huh? I wasn't the only one who saw this comin'. I didn't have to look for a partner. One found me. Ladies and gents... Jerry Lynn!" Lynn's music hit and he rushed down the aisle to the ring, still donning a large bandage on his forehead from last week's bloody time limit draw with Shamrock.

"My God!" Tenay exclaimed, "Just one week before the first-ever sixty minute Iron Man match in NWATNA history, we'll see Lynn and Shamrock battle live in Tempe!" Shamrock quickly ducked out of the ring, evading Lynn's attack. Jarrett attacked Lynn from behind as Mark Johnson called for the bell and the start of the match. Anderson and Shamrock took their places on the apron. "We're off and running," Tenay said, "It's 'dream partners' action!"

“DREAM PARTNERS” MATCH

JEFF JARRETT & KEN SHAMROCK vs. C.W. ANDERSON & JERRY LYNN

Jarrett blasted Lynn with a few hard punches, then whipped him across the ring. As Lynn came back, Jarrett ducked his head and flung him high into the air with a big back body drop. He made a cover but Lynn easily kicked out at just one. Jarrett pulled him up and sent him into the ropes again... but this time Lynn caught him ducking and threw a kick into his face! Lynn kicked Jeff in the gut and hooked him for a DDT. Jarrett reached up and draped his arm over Lynn's head, blocking the DDT and hooking Lynn for a suplex. Lynn in turn blocked the suplex and hoisted Jarrett up for one of his own! Jarrett, while hanging in mid-air, twisted and landed behind Lynn... then dropped him into a reverse DDT!

Jarrett made the tag to Shamrock, then held Lynn open for a few hard shots to the ribs. Ken took over, cinching in a bearhug on Lynn, crushing his ribs. Lynn reached for the tag as Shamrock squeezed away, taking the air out of his lungs. Lynn slowly moved to the center of the ring, rocking Shamrock with punches. With the crowd chanting "Let's go, Jerry!", Lynn managed to break the hold with a big right hand. He immediately lunged towards Anderson... but Ken caught him and snatched him up in a gutwrench hold, working on his ribs from a different angle.

The ref stepped in and asked Lynn if he quit. Lynn screamed "No" but then slowly began fading out. Johnson raised Lynn's arm up and watched it fall limply to the mat. He tried again... but Lynn suddenly sprang to life! Jerry fired back an elbow, catching Ken in the kidneys and loosening his grip. After a few more elbows, Lynn was almost free. Suddenly... Ken twirled Lynn up from the gutwrench and splattered him on the mat with a brutal doctor bomb! From there, he pressed his forearm across Jerry's jawline and pinned his shoulders to the mat. "One! Two! NO!" Tenay said as Lynn kicked out, "Jerry Lynn is still alive in this match!"

Shamrock stood and screamed angrily, signaling his mental shift into a different and more violent gear. He grabbed Lynn by the hair and tried to pull him up... but Lynn quickly tugged Shamrock to the mat in a small package, getting a surprise two count! Both men quickly got to their feet and Ken stepped in to attempt another bearhug. Lynn managed to counter the move by hitting a belly-to-belly suplex! With the crowd cheering him on, Lynn made his way to the corner for the hot tag.

Anderson came in and blasted Shamrock with big left hands, jarring him. Shamrock tried to return the favor but Anderson dodged his punch. He quickly hooked Ken up and delivered the Ferris Wheel on him. C.W. stood up and called for the Anderson Spinebuster. He pulled Ken up and whipped him into the ropes... where Jeff Jarrett reached over and made a blind tag! Shamrock came bouncing off, right into the big spinebuster. As C.W. made the cover, Jarrett stepped into the ring and threw a kick, nailing C.W. right between the legs!

Jarrett arrogantly strutted around the ring as Anderson writhed in pain on the mat. Jarrett pulled C.W. up off of Shamrock who quickly rolled out of the ring to recover. Jeff hoisted Anderson up and dropped him in an inverted atomic drop, further damaging his injured groin. He swept Anderson's legs out from under him and quickly latched on a figure four leg lock. Anderson gutted out the pain and inched his way to the ropes, finally reaching them for the break. Jarrett, well versed in the rules of the match, chose to take four of his five-count before releasing the hold, getting maximum damage out of it.

Anderson tried to pull himself up using the ropes but appeared unable to put any weight on his leg. Jarrett, like a shark smelling the blood in the water, continued to stomp and kick at Anderson's knee. He grabbed Anderson's foot and pulled him away from the ropes, then took him down with a dragon screw leg whip. With his victim unable to stand, Jarrett strolled to the corner and climbed up onto the middle rope, jumping off for a front elbow. Anderson raised his good leg straight into the air, catching Jeff on the chin with his boot!

Anderson willed his way up and rubbed his leg, trying to get the blood flowing to the knee. He limped towards his corner for the tag... but Jarrett recovered to stop him. After a few clubbing blows to the head, Jarrett whipped Anderson off into the ropes. C.W. ducked a clothesline and hit the ropes on the far side. Jarrett turned around... right into a big spear! "This is Anderson's chance!" Tenay screamed as Jarrett hit the mat, "He's got to reach Jerry Lynn for the tag!"

Jarrett slowly began to stir as Anderson dragged his bum leg across the ring to his partner. Just as he was set to make the tag... Shamrock snatched his foot and dragged him to the center of the ring, latching on an anklelock! As Anderson grimaced in pain, Jerry rushed into the ring and punched Shamrock in the face. Shamrock immediately released the hold and tried to fire back, but a clothesline from Lynn sent them both over the top rope to the floor! On the outside, the war that had raged for months continued as Lynn and Shamrock tore into each other.

Anderson rolled over and stood up, hopping on his good leg to keep from putting pressure on his injured leg. Jarrett shook off the effects of C.W.'s surprise spear and stood up, eyeing his hapless prey. He ran at Anderson... and got drilled into the mat with the Anderson Spinebuster! C.W. then hooked the leg and scored the pin, picking up another decision over Jarrett, his second in three weeks. As Mark Johnson raised Anderson's hand, Lynn and Shamrock continued their brawl on the outside.

WINNERS: C.W. Anderson & Jerry Lynn via pinfall at 11:42

"For sixty minutes this battle will rage!" Don West said, "Jerry Lynn, Ken Shamrock... one hour will decide it all in the war that simply will not die!" Lynn pounded away on Shamrock as he drove him up the aisle. Finally, the two crashed to the mat, flailing wild attacks at one another. Backstage attendants rushed out to break it up to no avail as the brawl spilled behind the curtain and continued definitely.

Meanwhile, Mark Johnson helped C.W. Anderson to his feet as Jeff Jarrett slowly came to. As they prepared to head to the back... The Honky Tonk Man's music hit! "What in the world?" West spoke of the unexpected event, "What now? What's this guy doing here?" Honky stepped through the curtain, holding a microphone. From the ring, Jarrett and Anderson looked on in complete bewilderment.

"Thank you, thank you very much!" Honky said to the crowd which had given him an ice cold welcome, "It's so good to be in Tempe, Arizona... with big news! I've just got something real quick to say. First off, earlier tonight C.W. Anderson told everybody he didn't know if or when Shane Helms was returning to NWATNA. He was right. He doesn't know... and neither does Jeff Jarrett. Shane Douglas doesn't know. Dusty Rhodes doesn't know. Even Taiyo Kea doesn't know! Only one NWATNA star knows. That's me, baby!"

"I know if he's coming back and I know when," he said, "Shane Helms IS returning to NWATNA... and he's doing it next week in Phoenix! Shane Helms is going to be the next guest on the show that's so big that the entire world wants in... Honky Talk! That's right, baby! Shane Helms has got something to say to the world and he's doing it on the only stage that EVERYBODY is watching! Next week, Honky Talk returns! Don't miss it, baby!"

"Whoa!" Tenay said, "Helms is going to be Honky Talk?! We might finally get answers as to what this man was doing in NWATNA." Honky's music hit again and he did a few brief poses before waving goodbye and heading to the back. Moments later, C.W. Anderson headed to the back, assisted by Mark Johnson. Jeff Jarrett was last to exit, seeming quite concerned by HTM's declaration. "Zero Hour is going to be off-the-charts," Tenay said, "God only knows what Helms is going to say... or do!"

Steve Corino's theme hit and out came the NWA World Champion, dressed and ready for action. He walked to the ring and entered it, snatching the microphone away from the ring announcer. "It was seven weeks ago," Corino said, "Seven weeks ago, my life changed. Seven weeks ago, I ushered in a new era of NWATNA... the era of Steve Corino. I am the NWA World Champion and, whether anyone likes it or not, this will be remembered as my time, my era."

"That same night," Steve continued, "Just seven weeks ago, Sting did what I really doubted he could do. He became the #1 contender to my title. More importantly, Sting earned my respect. However, ever since then, Sting's been acting like a coward. He's been hiding in the shadows waiting to strike instead of standing up, man to man, and treating me like the champion I am. Sting, in seven short weeks... you lost my respect."

"Now, seven weeks has become seven days," he said, "Just one week from tonight, Sting is going to try and cash in on that opportunity. He's going to challenge me for this title. Seven weeks ago, I dreamed of this match as a match in which I would proudly defend this title against a man I respect. Today, I dread this match. Sting, you may still be the #1 contender... but you no longer appear to me as a threat. That's why I'm giving you this one last chance. Right here, right now... come out and face me like a man!"

No sooner than Corino's challenge been issued... the lights went out! Spotlights scanned the rafters, catching the shadowy figure of Sting as it descended from the rafters on a cable. Sting zipped down quickly... then crumpled in a heap in the ring! A red spotlight shone on the ring as Corino stood over the fallen figure. A closer look revealed it to be a crash dummy in a trenchcoat. It's face was painted to look like Sting's make-up, with large teardrops added to the cheeks.

"Oh my!" Corino exclaimed in mock concern, "Sting? Are you okay? Say something." A child's voice wailed eerily throughout the arena. "I am Sti-i-i-i-ing!" the voice said, "Behold my sca-a-a-a-ary powers!" Corino gasped as the cable from the rafters tensed, causing the dummy to rise up and sway as if it were alive. "Oh my God!" Corino screamed, "It's really Sting!" The crowd booed heavily at Corino's antics, chanting "We want Sting!"

"What are you? Blind?!" Corino shouted at them, "This IS Sting! Sting, I've just got to ask you something. I mean, for weeks you've been sending me these reminders of our match next week. Why, Sting? Why would you try to psyche me out? You wouldn't do that to Ric Flair. Don't you respect me as a champion, Sting?" Corino held the microphone up to the dummy's lips.

"O-o-o-o-o!" the voice said, "I'm so-o-o-o-orry!" The crowd booing intensified as Corino retracted the mike. "But why?" he said, "Why would you try to pervert the integrity of our athletic competition with your cheap parlor tricks? Why do you feel you need some kind of psychological advantage in our match, Sting? Is it because you know you can't beat me? Is it because you know the 'era of Sting' is long over and the 'era of Steve Corino' is now and forever?! Answer me, Sting! Answer me, damn you!"

"Ye-e-e-e-es!" the voice cried out, "Ple-e-e-e-ease don't hurt me-e-e-e!" At this point, the crowd began chanting "Corino sucks" which annoyed Corino immensely. "Do you hear that?" he said, "These people believe in you, Sting. Tempe, Arizona! Scream if you believe in Sting!" A deafening roar burst forth from the crowd, all of which fully supported Sting. "See?" Corino shouted, "Listen to the little Stingers! They believe in you! How many of you want to see Sting wrestle Steve Corino here tonight?!" Again, another incredibly loud cheer came from the united crowd.

"No-o-o-o-o!" the voice cried out, barely audible over them, "Ple-e-e-ease! Do-o-o-n't!" Corino stepped forward and shoved the dummy, causing it to swing back at him. "Why not, Sting?" he said, "Why shouldn't I put the final nail in the era of Sting right here in Tempe? Why should I wait a week? Let's do it now." Corino again shoved the dummy. "Because!" the voice shouted, "Because... I'm sca-a-a-ared! Wa-a-a-ah!"

The crowd booed viciously, expressing their extreme distaste with Corino's antics. "You hear that?" Corino said, "These people want to see the era of Sting end tonight! They will not be denied! Mickey Jay, get your fat ass out here!" Corino lunged forth and ripped the dummy down from the cable and began punching it in the head as Mickey Jay made his way through the dark arena into the ring. Corino picked the dummy up and tucked it's head under his arm, then delivered the Old School Expulsion to it. He laid atop the dummy and demanded Jay count the "pinfall". Jay moved into position and slapped the mat twice but stopped when Corino pulled the dummy up.

"No, no, no!" Corino shouted into the mike, "Not this way. It's only fitting that it ends... this way!" Corino threw the dummy down and grabbed it's feet, crossing them and sat down, applying Sting's Scorpion Death Lock to it. "Give up!" Corino screamed as he ripped away at the dummy's lower half, "Submit!" As the crowd told him he sucked, Corino pulled at the dummy's legs until they finally were torn off. "Give it up!" he shouted as he stood over the dummy, beating it with it's own legs.

"Hey," Corino said in a much calmer tone, "Hey, Colby. Colby, read the next line, okay? Say 'I give up. This is the era of Steve Corino'." The arena remained silent, save for the voices of thousands of disgruntled fans. Just then... the red spotlight over the ring began to flicker, then died. "What's the deal?" Corino said, "Is this a blackout? What's going on? Hey, production team! Do your damn jobs!" After a few moments of total darkness and silence, the crowd noise died down. The house lights quickly flickered, then came on. Standing over the tattered dummy which had been strewn about the ring, Steve Corino stood in center ring... staring into the cold eyes of Sting.

"HE'S HERE!" Don West screeched at the top of his lungs, barely audible over the roaring crowd. Corino trembled at the sight of Sting and slowly backed away. Sting stepped forward and flexed his muscles, causing Corino to dive from the ring. Unfortunately for the champion, Sting reached out and grabbed his trunks and began pulling him back to the center of the ring. Corino, more motivated by fear than modesty, began trying to pull his own trunks off to get away.

Sting grabbed Corino by the hair and pulled him up, then began hammering away with hard right hands, knocking him back into the corner. After a few more punches, he whipped him across the ring into the opposite corner. Sting backed into the corner and screamed to the crowd, then charged across the ring and crushed Corino with a Stinger Splash! As Corino flopped face-first out of the corner, Sting turned to Mickey Jay and ordered him to call for the bell. "It's on!" Don West said, "Christmas has come early, Mike! Sting versus Corino! The time is now!"

STING vs. STEVE CORINO

"Steve Corino had absolutely no plans on delivering on this promise," Tenay said, "He said he wanted Sting a week early. Well, Sting is keeping his word for him! Fans, this is an incredible preview of next week's title match!" Sting walked over and pulled Corino up, then hooked him for a vertical suplex. Corino was close enough to the ropes that he could reach out and grab them, preventing Sting from lifting him up. Corino reversed the move and suplexed Sting, then popped right back up. Unfortunately for him, Sting actually beat him to his feet.

Corino was startled by Sting as he turned around but quickly resumed command of the match, kicking Sting in the gut. He hooked Sting up for a butterfly suplex, but the Stinger simply stood up, dumping Corino with a back body drop. Corino got right back up and but walked a scoop slam. Again, Corino was quick to his feet, but a punch put him right back down. Corino rolled underneath the bottom rope and out to the floor, desperate to regain his composure.

After taking much of the ref's ten-count, Corino returned to the ring. He lightly stepped out of the corner, asking for a test of strength. Sting watched as Corino approached, scoffed and leveled him with a big clothesline. He made a quick cover but Corino kicked out. Corino got up and shoved Sting, but Sting answered back with yet another clothesline. Corino kicked out again at two. Sting pulled him up by the hair and hooked him for the Scorpion Death Drop. Corino again grabbed the rope and hung on, causing Sting to lose his grasp and fall back alone.

Corino immediately turned and began putting the boots to Sting, stomping at his head and he got up. Corino grabbed him and bridged into a fisherman's suplex, picking up a very close near fall. Corino again kicked at Sting as he got up. Sting managed to throw a punch but Corino drove a boot into his gut. With Sting doubled over before him, Corino quickly put him in position for a piledriver. Sting tried to backdrop out of it but Corino hung on... then lifted Sting up and dropped him with a powerbomb! He made a cover but Sting again escaped before three.

Corino pulled Sting up and set him in position for a reverse DDT, then signaled for the Expulsion. The crowd booed the champion's call, but Corino shook his head and dropped backwards, hitting Sting with his own Scorpion Death Drop! Corino smiled as he made the cover... then pulled Sting up before three! "Not this way," he told referee Mickey Jay. He stood up and picked Sting's feet up, preparing to hook on the Scorpion Death Lock "This way!" he exclaimed... moments before Sting kicked him away!

Corino bent down to grab Sting's foot again, but got rolled into a small package for two. Both men got up and Sting blasted Corino with a knee to the gut, then hammered him with hard punches. He hooked Corino's head and spiked him with the Scorpion Death Drop, then made a cover. The referee reached two before Sting pulled Corino up, smiling. "Not this way," Sting said, then stood and applied the Scorpion Death Lock! "This way!" he screamed as the crowd went crazy. Corino wasted little time in tapping out, forcing Sting to release the hold. Corino rushed from the ring and curled in the fetal position at ringside, tightly clutching the NWA World Title as if it were a safety belt during a head-on collision.

WINNER: Sting via submission at 8:26

"He tapped!" Tenay screamed, "Steve Corino gave it up! Don, if this is any indication as to what we'll see next week, you are looking at the next NWA World Champion! Fans, we're out of time. Do yourself a favor. Do not miss Zero Hour, live from Phoenix next Wednesday night! Sting will go for the gold, plus NWATNA's first-ever Iron Man match... and Shane Helms breaks his silence! NWATNA will usher out 2002 with a bang! We'll see you then. For Don West, I'm Mike Tenay saying good night from Tempe!"

The show closed with a shot of Sting scaling the turnbuckles, raising his arms in victory. The crowd began chanting "Next World Champ! Next World Champ!" as he cupped his hand to his ear. Outside the ring, Corino lay motionless on the floor, paralyzed with worry. "Corino!" Sting shouted as he looked directly into the camera, "Seven days, buddy! Seven days! Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock..." The voice trailed off as the show faded to black.

CountDown:

C.W. Anderson speaks out.

- Overall Rating: 53%

- C.W. Anderson lost overness from this segment.

Hope & Cade defeat The Dream Team and Acid Reign.

- Overall Rating: 63%

- Crowd Reaction: 53%

- Match Quality: 73%

K-Krush & Mr. Mason address the championship committee.

- Overall Rating: 78%

- Mr. Mason debuted his new "lawyer" gimmick, it got a positive response.

- Mr. Mason gained overness from this segment.

Dos Locos Nuevos defeat The Rock 'N' Roll Express.

- Overall Rating: 69%

- Crowd Reaction: 68%

- Match Quality: 70%

Shane Douglas refuses Christopher Daniels' demands.

- Overall Rating: 74%

C.W. Anderson & Jerry Lynn defeats Jeff Jarrett & Ken Shamrock.

- Overall Rating: 78%

- Crowd Reaction: 70%

- Match Quality: 87%

The Honky Tonk Man promotes an extra-special Honky Talk.

- Overall Rating: 83%

- The Honky Tonk Man gained overness from this segment.

Steve Corino confronts "Sting".

- Overall Rating: 88%

- Steve Corino gained overness from this segment.

Sting defeats Steve Corino.

- Overall Rating: 82%

- Crowd Reaction: 86%

- Match Quality: 75%

Overall Rating: 77%

- Buyrate: 0.21

- Attendance: 3.460

- Ken Shamrock: "I think I should be higher up the card."

- Cade: "I think I should be higher up the card."

Hope/Cade keep the titles, which makes me happy. I think I may be the only Cade mark in the world but I think the guy has incredible talent.

Sting going over has got to mean he's not getting the title *shakes fist* or at least it better. Corino losing it this soon would just not be good.

K-Krush, the modern day Faarooq in his quest for equality. Wonder which racist bastard is going to come in and try to shut him up. Not sure bring Mason in though cause his charisma is shit or at least it has been in every scenario I've seen. I think it would have been more interesting to bring in a white lawyer....Nowinski was around back then wasn't he?

I wonder who Douglas was talking to. Not to mention that was a solid Daniels interview, and it appears like he's just out to prove to everyone that he's the best. I like that route.

Obviously not the ONLY Cade mark.

NWATNA.com

Saturday, December 14th, 2002

Next: Zero Hour '02

By Katy-Jayne Myers

The CountDown has come to an end and time is up. Fans... Zero Hour is upon us! This Wednesday, NWATNA emanates live from Phoenix with two hours of the greatest professional wrestling available on the planet today! Just $9.95 gets you one of the most anticipated broadcasts in NWATNA history. 2003 will be the year of NWATNA’s rise to the top. Don’t miss the first step!

In quite possibly the most anticipated main event in NWATNA history, NWA World Champion Steve Corino will defend his title against Sting! For weeks, Sting has taunted Corino from afar. This past Wednesday, Sting accepted the challenge and the two met face to face, one on one. In the end, Corino gave it up. Can Sting force him to surrender the gold or will Corino find a way to keep his title? There’s only one way to find out!

It’s a blood feud that has spanned months, but at Zero Hour... it ends. Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock go head-to-head in the most grueling match known to man, the Iron Man Match! For one full hour, these two will wage war for the honor of being named the better man. Who will emerge victorious? Find out in just four days!

The Honky Tonk Man returned to NWATNA Wednesday and promised an extra-special guest for Honky Talk. That man is none other than independent wrestling superstar Shane Helms! Leave it to Honky to get to the bottom of one of the most confusing developments in recent wrestling history. How has Shane Helms come to NWATNA? Why has Shane Helms come to NWATNA? HAS Shane Helms come to NWATNA? Hopefully, we will find out the answers.

Plus, all your favorite NWATNA superstars will be live! Jeff Jarrett, Terry Funk, Don West, Mike Tenay and many more will be in attendance! Fans in the Phoenix area can be a part of live. Everyone else, join us on pay-per-view!

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, December 18th, 2002

T-Minus 10 Minutes: Zero Hour '02

By Jimmy Kirk

The preshow opened with a panning shot of the arena and the thousands in attendance, all ready for one of the biggest nights in NWATNA history. Mike Tenay and Don West were in the broadcast booth, but before they could even welcome the home viewing audience... Steve Corino's music hit! The NWA World Champion emerged from backstage and walked down the aisle with purpose as the Phoenix faithful welcomed him with a "You tapped out!" chant. Corino entered the ring and demanded a microphone.

"Shut up!" he shouted, "I'm not here tonight to play games and I'm certainly not here to listen to this crap. I told you all long ago, but I guess you forgot. I'm Steve Corino, NWA World Champion... and I don't give up when it counts! Yeah, you people are right. Last week, I tapped out. Why? It's simple. I was preserving this main event match for you all. I did it for all of you! I did it to protect tonight's match!"

"Sting would have liked nothing better than to injure me last week," Steve said, "He wants to end the era of Corino before it even officially begins. That's why he attacked me. He knows that when the world realizes the future of wrestling is Steve Corino, they'll also realize that the past of wrestling is Sting. Sting means nothing anymore! He's just trying to grab what little acclaim he can before the final grain of sand in the hourglass slips away and his time is up."

"Although you don't deserve it," he continued, "Tonight, you will all bear witness to the birth of a new generation! As the leader of that generation, I look to take NWATNA to new heights in the coming year. What does Sting have to offer? Face it, people. Sting isn't trying to take my title in order to give the 'little Stingers' one last victory lap. He's doing it for himself! He's desperately clinging to his position at the top and if it comes down to it... he'll drag the whole mountain down with him when he falls."

"Sting, you had a choice long ago," Corino concluded, "Tonight could have been an exhibition between stars of the next generation. Instead, you chose to make it all about you! Well, if you won't pass the torch... then it will be TAKEN from you! Either way, when Zero Hour, your final hour, comes to a close... it will mark the beginning of the era of Corino, the era which history will recall as the greatest of all-time. I will lead this title, this company and this industry into the future, carrying it to new heights. As for you... you will simply be forgotten, Sting."

The crowd chanted for Sting as Corino dropped the mike. He unfastened the NWA Title from around his waist and held it high over his head. After a few moments, he lowered it and left the ring to prepare for the upcoming title defense. As he made his way to ringside, he taunted the Sting fans in the front row, shouting "I did it for you!" "Can you believe this?" Don West asked, "Steve Corino must have excuses lined up from here to eternity!"

"Yes, but no excuse will help later tonight," Tenay said, "Corino goes one-on-one with the one and only Sting! Sting forced Corino to submit last week in an impromptu match, but tonight the gold will be at stake. Can Sting regain the NWA Title, well over a decade after he first won it? Or will Corino usher in a new era in NWATNA history, one of his own design?"

"That's not all, Mike," West said, "For the first time, NWATNA is going to have a sixty minute Iron Man match. Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock will have one final hour to settle their differences. I know we've seen these two battle many, many times, but tonight neither will hold anything back! Betrayals, suspensions, bloody brawls... it all comes to a head here in Phoenix!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, Shane Helms is here in the building," Tenay said, "Don't miss his first public statement since leaving World Wrestling Entertainment. This is a live broadcast and he'll have a live microphone, folks. What happens... you won't want to miss! It's NWATNA! It's Zero Hour! It's next!" The preshow ended with Corino standing in the entranceway, holding the NWA Title over his head. Just then... the lights went out!

A red spotlight shone over the champion as ticking sounds echoed throughout the arena. The video wall lit up with the words "NOW" in big red letters. Surprisingly, Corino stood, staring up at his championship, seemingly unafraid of the sudden occurrences. He simply stood in the crimson glow, confident that win or lose he would not be the same after this night.

NWATNA.com

Wednesday, December 18th, 2002

Dangerous Details: Zero Hour '02

By "Danger" Will Riker

"Time," a booming narrator's voice said as various images of clocks appeared with faint ticking in the background throughout, intensifying as the video went on. "It is the most universal thing in the world," it continued, "Everything that lives, everything that has ever lived, everything that will never live... it is all affected by this one undeniable force. Time is the only constant in life. Time is eternal."

"For Shane Helms, time is swift," the video continued, offering up images of Shane Helms' one and only NWATNA appearance, "After a decade in the wrestling industry, Helms bridges the gap between the rookie and the veteran. With all the experience of a seasoned professional and all the hunger of a young up-and-comer, Helms seems to exist outside of the stream of time. Tonight, he enters a new chapter in his career."

"For Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock, time is long," it said as still photos of their bloody battles flashed past, "Their battle has raged for an eternity but now they rest... one hour before it all ends. It is an hour of physical pain. It is an hour of emotional torment. It is an hour that will test the very fiber of their being. It will be the longest hour of their lives. Once it is over, neither man will be the same."

"For Steve Corino, time is slow," it continued, showing pictures of Corino and the NWA World Title, "In a world where a champion is measured by history by the length of their reign, each day spans much more than 24 hours for him. He strives to lead NWATNA into a new era, one of his own design. However, when a man defines a day as an era, he may define his era in one night. For Steve Corino... that night may be tonight."

"For Sting, time is short," the video said as clips of Sting aired, "As a living legend in the wrestling industry, his status is safe... yet he still craves one more day to bask in the golden sun of the championship. Like every man, each day Sting comes one day closer to death... and the death of his dream to once again be champion. Sting will enter the ring tonight with the certain knowledge that tonight may be his last to chase the dream."

"For NWATNA, the time has come," the video concluded with various images of NWATNA stars not yet mentioned, "This is the proving ground. In 2002, NWATNA became the alternative, an outlet for the disenfranchised. In 2003, NWATNA will become the revolution, assuming the top position and ushering in a new era of professional wrestling. It all begins when the countdown ends. For us, this is Zero Hour. The time... is now." With that, the shot faded to a view inside the arena where thousands of screaming fans had assembled for tonight's festivities.

The Honky Tonk Man's music hit and out came the man NWATNA fans either love to hate or hate to love. Honky posed for the crowd as he made his way to the ring. "Hello, Phoenix!" HTM said, getting a mixed reaction, "Honky Talk is back on the air, baby! Now, I've got me some big news about next week's show... but before I get to all that, I know y'all want to take a look at my guest. Without further ado, I... and I alone, give you... Shane Helms!"

Reveille's "Inside Out (Can You Feel Me Now?)" played over the P.A. system, ushering in the independent superstar Shane Helms. Helms wore street clothes and a leather jacket, walking to the ring with sunglasses. The crowd gave him a warm welcome, chanting "Sugar Shane! Sugar Shane!" Helms climbed into the ring and saluted the fans, becoming visibly emotional over the reception he recieved.

"Normally," HTM said, "This is the part where I'd say 'welcome to Honky Talk'. However, this is a special occasion. Shane Helms... welcome to NWATNA!" The fans erupted into an ovation as Helms slipped off his sunglasses and tucked them into his jacket pocket, mouthing the words "thank you" to them. "Before I get to my news," HTM said, "I just want to hand it over to you. Feel free to say whatever you feel. It's live, baby."

Helms smiled as he took the mike from Honky and stared into the audience. "That reaction... wow," he said, "That's why I became a professional wrestler, for the rush you get when you hear something like that. God, it's good to be in front of wrestling fans again. You guys are the best. Thank you all. I mean that. Thank you." Helms lowered the microphone to compose himself briefly, waiting for the crowd noise to die down.

"You know," he said, "When I became a wrestler, it was because I knew that the things I could do in the ring could entertain people. That's why I did it. I wanted to give you fans great matches every chance I could. What I didn't want... is to paint my head green and wear a cape!" Helms again paused for the ovation. "Don't get me wrong," he said, "I was blessed to be The Hurricane. If I hadn't been, I doubt you people would be giving me all this now. That character changed my life and I'm grateful."

"Six months ago, NWATNA was formed," he said, "Four days after this company's first show, I lost the WWE Cruiserweight Title at King Of The Ring. Now, I was told to go out and to do my best night after night and that's exactly what I did. I was told if I could go out there and prove myself that bigger and better things would come along. I was told that at the end of it all... there was a plan for The Hurricane. To tell you the truth, I believed it."

"Then... I saw NWATNA," he said, "I saw the X-Division putting on great match after great match. I saw the crowds growing week after week. I saw support building from the ground up. I saw this company buy out one of it's competitors, Ring of Honor, and instead of shoving those guys under the bus, they used them. Most of all, I saw Steve Corino, a guy not much bigger than I am, become the NWA World Champion."

"I took all this to Vince McMahon," Helms said, "I told him. I said that this was the future and we needed to start paying attention. You know what Vince told me? He said that the WWE was 'larger than life'. He said we didn't need to worry about it. He said that if WCW, ECW and every other promotion to come down the pike couldn't take him... neither could the NWA. I'll tell you the truth. I believed it."

"Weeks went by, then months," he continued, "My feud with Jamie Noble came to an end. It was over... and I had no idea where I was going from there. I asked and all they said was 'do your best' and 'prove yourself' and 'bigger and better things are coming along'. Meanwhile, all I could do was go out there every night, do my best and prove myself. Why? Because I still believed bigger and better things were coming along."

"Then came the day I stopped believing," he said, "My WWE contract was coming to an end and the agents came to me with a new one. I was tired of promises. I wanted to know where I was going. I said I wouldn't sign the contract until I saw the bigger and better things the creative team had for me. Now, I'm a professional. I still did my job as well as I could. I just wanted to know that at the end of the day everything I had been promised was going to come."

"What happened next?" he said, "The writers sat down with me... and they told me about SHIT! Not human feces, mind you, but S.H.I.T., a 'super hero in training'. They had the idea to give me a partner and a sidekick that was S.H.I.T. That was it. That was the bigger and better thing they had promised me. After going out night after night, doing my best and proving myself... all of it was for S.H.I.T."

"It was at that same time I got a call from NWATNA," Helms confessed, "I was about to sign my life away for a few more years and give the crowd S.H.I.T. NWATNA officials called me and offered me a job. Now, they didn't promise me bigger and better things. All they said was if I signed with NWATNA, I'd get the same opportunities everyone else here gets. I'd get the chance to make the same impact."

Helms reached into his jacket and pulled out a sheet of paper. "This is the contract they sent me," Helms said, "I haven't signed it yet because I'm tired of empty words. Seeing is believing. Well, I was told that WWE superstars are 'larger than life'. I look at the X-Division, at Steve Corino, at Lynn and Shamrock... I see their size and I see what they can do. WWE isn't larger than life, it's just large. NWATNA made me the offer I can't refuse... the offer to become larger than life!"

Helms pulled out a pen and quickly signed the paper, prompting a deafening roar from the crowd. "I'm here... to make an impact!" he said... then blasted Honky with a superkick, causing another big pop from the Phoenix crowd. HTM lay sprawled out on the canvas, completely unconscious. "S.H.I.T.?" Helms said, "I'll give you S.H.I.T.! Shane Helms In TNA! That's the shit!" The P.A. played "Inside Out" again as NWATNA's newest superstar left the ring, leaving behind a motionless Honky Tonk Man with the new contract on his chest.

"Shane Helms in TNA?!" West cried out, "He signed the contract! Oh, man! Shane Helms is here to make an impact! Fans, 2003 just got a whole lot bigger for NWATNA! Helms is going to be a serious threat to everyone here. He's not just here for victories. He's here for redemption!" Helms slipped back through the curtain as the shot zoomed in on Honky's face, fading into a video package. "What's this?" West asked as the video started.

It began with a black screen and the words "The following advertisement has been paid for by The Honky Tonk Man" written on it. "NWATNA fans!" a voice said as the picture faded in, "Get ready for the holiday album you've always wanted, Honky Tonk Holidays!" The Honky Tonk Man stood dancing in a makeshift winter wonderland, donning a sequined red jumpsuit with matching hat in could only be called "gay apparel". In the right corner of the screen, a man's elbow could be seen from where he was dumping pseudo-snow on HTM. "Honky bells, honky bells, honky all the way!" HTM crooned, "Oh, what fun it is to ride in a pink Cadillac sleigh! Hey!"

"The world's greatest entertainer, The Honky Tonk Man, sings all your favorite holiday classics," the narrator said, "Such as this..." Honky's awkward gyrations slowed as he burst out into another song. "Silent night," he sang, "Hunka-hunka-holy night. All has come, I'll be right. Round young virgins to mother my child. Hold the incense so tension be mild. Sleep in hunka-hunka heavenly peace. Slee-eep in hunka-hunka heavenly peace."

"You'll get all the classics in this special collector's edition CD, complete with jewel case!" the narrator shilled as a nervous Honky was seated next to a moose. "R-R-Rudolph," Honky stammered, "The r-r-red nosed... OH! It pooped!" Honky quickly stood up and rushed away from the chair, forcing stagehands to chase after him as the moose handler stepped in to keep the animal calm. "Honky Tonk Holidays," the narrator said again, "Order now! It makes a great stocking stuffer!"

"Wow," Tenay said enthusically as West laughed in the background, "I apologize for that, fans. It seems The Honky Tonk Man purchased a little bit of air-time and... oh, you've got to be kidding me. Fans, it appears Honky has purchased an entire block of NWATNA programming next week! Thank God you and I will be off that night, Don."

"I don't know," West said, "I may just have to see what Honky's got up his sleeve next week... especially if he brings that moose back! Anyway, you'll be able to see exactly what Honky's got cooked up next week during our second-ever free broadcast. Fans in the Memphis area, we invite you to come on out for free admission to Honky Tonk Holidays next Wednesday."

The shot cut backstage where Dusty Rhodes was spotted walking through the halls, carrying a book with him. He briefly waved to a few stagehands and wished them happy holidays, but continued his march until he reached a door. He opened it and prepared to step inside... when Terry Funk suddenly jumped out, swinging his trusty branding iron! Rhodes barely dodged the blow as he stepped back, holding up his hands.

"Cool out, bebey!" Dusty shouted, "It's jus' me." Funk stared at him with wild eyes, then slowly lowered his weapon. "Bebey, you awright?" Dusty asked, "You freakin' out here, man! Come on, bebey. Siddown a sec fa' mah. I need to talk widja." Funk set down the iron and sat in a chair next to Dusty. Rhodes reached over and patted Funk on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Dream," Terry said, "I've just... ugh. I've just been so caught up in finding this guy. Without Dory here to calm me down, I guess I can get a little... you know, crazy. I'm really sorry, man. I've been talking to everyone and getting no answers. There's got to be something, Dusty. There's got to be some clue, some lead... something I'm missing."

"Now I done told ya before," Dusty said, "The Eendubyay boys been doin' a good job talkin' to everbuddy. The champeensheep committee is takin' care of it, bebey. I don't want you to worry none, okay? We handlin' it." Funk sighed and glared at Dusty. "Don't go givin' me that look," Dusty said, "Your brutha was a great part of this team, Terry. We ain't lettin' this go unpunished now."

"Punishment?" Funk said, "Your idea of punishment is what? Fines? Suspensions? Firings? My brother gave three decades of his life to this sport and it was all taken away in an instant, Dusty! I don't want this guy's career to end on some technicality, Dream. I want to end it with my own hands! I want him to regret everything! I want him to beg for forgiveness!"

"Bebey, I know," Dusty said, "I know you do and I know that's what this guy deserves. That's why I brought you this, bebey. This here is your brutha's schedule planner. Now, written in on November 27th... he had himself a meeting in his office. That was the night he got attacked. I'm thinkin' that this could be the clue you lookin' for." Dusty passed Terry the book, allowing him to read the name of the suspect.

"Thanks, Dusty," Funk said. He picked up the branding iron and stood up, heading for the door. "Now, hold on there, bebey!" Dusty shouted as he grabbed Funk's wrist and stopped him from leaving, "I done told you! We handlin' this. I want you to stay out of it now! I'll make sure you get your chance to beat on him some... but you got to let us handle it." Funk pulled his wrist away from Rhodes and stared at him.

"I appreciate your help, Dusty," he said, "I realize you went to bat for me with this. I just want you to know whatever happens from here... it was set in motion by what he did, not what you just did. I promise you and the rest of the committee... whatever's left after I get done is all yours." With those words, Funk headed out of the room, leaving Rhodes behind. Rhodes buried his face in his hands and let out a big sigh, wondering if he hadn't just made a fatal mistake.

From there, another video package began, starting with footage from the first NWATNA pay-per-view on June 19th. In the clip, Jerry Lynn and Ken Shamrock's main event match was highlighted as the two held each other in a double anklelock position until Jeff Jarrett's interference caused a no-contest decision. The next clip, from August 21st's Bash On South Beach, showed Shamrock's disgusting betrayal of Lynn as he assisted Steve Corino in securing a spot in the Bunkhouse Stampede by costing Lynn the match. Moments later, Lynn's interference in the Stampede match the week later in which he eliminated Shamrock to give Corino a birth into the NWA Title match aired.

Lynn's brutal cradle piledriver on the concrete at Strength In Numbers, Shamrock and his brother Frank's assault on Lynn at Texas ShootOut and the two's bloody falls-count-anywhere from the 54th Anniversary all followed. The video ended with footage from AfterShock featuring Shane Douglas' declaration that the feud would be settled in an Iron Man match at Zero Hour. "One hour will decide it all," a booming voice said as both men's faces appeared on the screen, staring at each other with pure hatred.

"Here's how it works," Tenay said as the wrestlers made their way to the ring, "We're going to get an update after every ten-minute interval. This match will go the full sixty minute period. After every decision, the wrestlers will be given a sixty second rest period before the match resumes. For every pinfall or submission decision, the winner will receive two points. For every count-out or disqualification decision, the loser will lose one point. At the end of one hour, the wrestler with the most points will be named the winner. In the event of a tie, there will be NO sudden-death period."

60 MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

JERRY LYNN vs. KEN SHAMROCK

"Zero minutes have gone by, sixty minutes remain," the ring announcer said as Mark "Slick" Johnson called for the opening bell. Both men stepped into the center of the ring and engaged in a stare-down, sizing each other up one last time. Shamrock struck first, driving a knee into Lynn's gut. He curled his arms under Lynn's and flipped him up for a tiger bomb... then dropped him spine-first across his knee! Eager to put two quick points on the board, Shamrock covered Lynn but only for a two-count.

Ken pulled Jerry up to his feet and fired off a few punches, keeping the pressure on. Lynn tried to fight back but Shamrock's power was too much. He backed Lynn into the corner and climbed up, delivered ten hard right hands to the face. He climbed down and whipped Lynn across the ring, sending him spine-first into the turnbuckle. As Lynn hung in the corner, Shamrock charged... right into Lynn's raised boot! As Shamrock staggered back to the center of the ring, Lynn hopped up to the top rope. He leapt off with a flying clothesline, putting Ken flat on the canvas.

Lynn quickly hooked the leg for the cover, but Shamrock kicked away at two. Jerry fired off a few punches as Ken got to his feet... but Shamrock scored with a hard jab to the gut, doubling Lynn over. He slipped behind Lynn and cinched him tightly by the waist, looking for a German suplex. Lynn quickly wrapped his leg around Ken's, preventing Shamrock from delivering the move. Shamrock used a few headbutts to the back of the head to break Lynn's focus, then quickly flung him back in the suplex. Amazingly, Lynn landed on his feet behind Ken, hooked his waist and bridged Shamrock down with a German of his own! "One! Two! No!" Tenay said, "So close!"

"Mike, the name of the game is energy conservation," West said as Lynn pulled Ken up, "This isn't a sprint. It's a marathon. Expending all your energy early to get a pin won't mean much as time goes on. It's not who gets the lead at the beginning. It's who has it at the end." Lynn backed Shamrock against the ropes and popped him with a few punches, then whipped him across the ring. He leapt into a dropkick... but Ken hung on to the far side ropes, causing Lynn to crash and burn. Ever the opportunist, Shamrock stepped forward... and applied the anklelock!

"Oh no!" Tenay shouted as Lynn cried out in pain, "This is a disaster for Lynn! Shamrock has the anklelock on in the opening minutes of the match! Right now, Jerry's got a choice. He can either tap and give Shamrock two points, but save his ankle for the remaining 90% of this contest or he can sacrifice his ankle to keep it even... for now." As the crowd cheered him on, Lynn opted for the latter and began crawling towards the ropes. Shamrock tried to dig in and keep Lynn in the center, but to no avail. Lynn reached the ropes, forcing the hold to be broken.

Mark Johnson forced Shamrock away from Lynn, who clung tightly to the bottom rope. Shamrock pushed the referee out of the way and moved in, grabbing Lynn's foot for another shot at the anklelock. Fortunately for Lynn, he managed to use his grip on the bottom rope to pull himself out of harm's way... causing Shamrock to spill between the ropes and out to the floor. As Johnson began administering the ten-count, Lynn pulled himself to his feet, testing his injured left ankle.

He tried to jump over the top rope onto Shamrock, but failed to exude the force needed to clear the ropes. He stepped back a bit for a running start but wasn't even able to pick up any speed. Finally, Lynn just grabbed the top rope and used his arm strength to propel him up and over. He swung his legs out front, attempting to catch Shamrock in a huracanrana. Shamrock saw it coming and caught him... then splattered him on the floor with a powerbomb!

Shamrock returned to the ring and allowed Johnson to restart the ten-count. Lynn desperately crawled to the guard rail and used it to pull himself up, standing right next to a group of ringside fans who echoed the ref's count. He limped to the ring apron and ducked under the bottom rope, breaking the count at eight. As Lynn crawled across the canvas, Shamrock approached him with a sinister smile across his face. He grabbed a handful of hair and pulled Lynn up... then used another big powerbomb to plant him into the canvas. Remarkably, Lynn raised his shoulder at two to kick out of a pin.

After a few stomps into the chest, Shamrock pulled Lynn up and hooked him for a vertical suplex. Instead of suplexing him down, Shamrock headed towards the corner and propped Jerry atop the turnbuckle. He climbed up to the second rope and attempted a superplex. Lynn used a few sharp punches to the ribs to break it up... then shoved Shamrock off the top rope, knocking him down to the canvas. Shamrock stood up and Lynn jumped off, catching Ken with a flying sunset flip for a surprise two count. Shamrock kicked out... then rolled to his right, trapping Lynn's left foot in his arms! "Ten minutes have gone by, fifty minutes remain," the ring announcer said.

Lynn stayed on his back, trying to keep Shamrock from flipping him over and really wrenching away on his bum ankle. The strategy worked but Shamrock continued trying to flip him, thrashing away like a pit bull with a chihuahua in his mouth. Lynn, desperate to escape the hold, threw a wild kick with his free leg, catching Shamrock in the groin! Ken collapsed to the mat, clutching his aching nuts. Lynn stood up and took a few limping steps, then dropped a leg across Ken's chest. He made the leg but only got one before Shamrock escaped.

Both men got up and made their way to the center of the ring. Lynn blasted Shamrock's chest with a hard chop, knocking him back a step. Shamrock stared at Lynn with crazed eyes, then slapped his own chest, daring Lynn to hit him harder. Lynn gladly obliged, blasting him with another vicious chop. Despite the reddened complexion of his chest, Shamrock refused to acknowledge any pain, screaming "Hurt me, pussy!" Lynn, up for the challenge, reeled off chop after chop after chop after chop, backing Shamrock against the ropes. Once there, his chops only grew more intense and frequent as he battered Shamrock until he needed to pause and catch his breath.

Completely fired up, Shamrock released a guttural roar and charged Lynn, looking for a clothesline. Lynn ducked it and slipped his arm up, trapping Ken's in a half nelson. He moved behind Shamrock and latched on the full nelson, then bridged back into a dragon suplex, dumping Ken on the back of his head. Shamrock kicked out of the pin, then rolled out of the ring, clutching his throbbing chest with one hand while rubbing his neck with the other.

Shamrock took the nine-count before returning to the ring, giving both he and his opponent a brief break. Lynn visibly limped as the two circled the ring, then locked up in the center of it. Lynn took control with a side headlock. Shamrock tried to shove him off but Lynn grabbed his hair and hung on, hooking him in a front face lock. He twisted Ken into a reverse neckbreaker position and prepared to sit-out, but Shamrock reached up and began prying Lynn's fingers apart, breaking his grip.

The two engaged in a back-to-back knucklelock, slowly rotating around to face one another in a test of strength. Despite Shamrock's size and leverage advantage, Lynn began wearing him down, gaining momentum as the two tried to overpower one another. Shamrock quickly threw his knee into Lynn's gut, driving the air out of Jerry's lungs. From there, he tucked his head under Lynn's arm and bridged over, still gripping Lynn's hands. Shamrock bridged into a cover and pinned Lynn's hands, arms and shoulders down. The referee managed to reach two before Lynn broke Ken's grip and reached up, lifting his shoulders and wrapping his arms around Ken's torso.

Lynn bridged up and twisted around, hooking Shamrock for a backslide. Lynn dropped down into a pin but Shamrock kicked out. Shamrock beat Lynn to his feet and quickly spiked him with a release German suplex, dropping him right on his head! He made the cover... but again Lynn refused to die. Sensing the end was near, Shamrock pulled Lynn up and hooked him for another release German. As he hoisted Lynn up, his grip proved to be too loose. Lynn rotated in mid-air and managed to convert the attempt into a cross body block of sorts, landing on Shamrock for a two-count!

Both men hurried to their feet but Lynn hit the ropes and came bouncing off, nailing Ken with an elbow strike to the head. Shamrock was knocked silly but remained on his feet. Jerry bounced off the ropes and hit another, causing his groggy foe to stumble backwards in an attempt to absorb the force. Again, Shamrock refused to go down. Lynn rushed to the ropes and bounced off for a third... but Shamrock ducked, sending Lynn running past him. Before Shamrock could even turn to capitalize... Lynn pounced on his back and cinched in a sleeperhold!

"Brilliant move by Jerry Lynn!" West said, "Lynn gets an opportunity to catch his breath while keeping Shamrock on the defensive. Mike, we've gone fifteen minutes plus without either man gaining a clear advantage. This could be the turning point." Shamrock flailed his arms wildly, desperately trying to reach the ropes. Unfortunately for him, Lynn was sure to keep him in the center of the ring. Shamrock's flailing slowly became less and less enthusiastic as the energy was sapped from his body. Finally, hedropped to one knee, prompting Mark Johnson to step in for a closer look.

"Don, this is similar to what happened earlier in the bout in the anklelock," Tenay said, "If Shamrock submits here, it's over. Lynn gets two points but Shamrock will get that sixty-second period to recover. He can still come back strong. If Lynn keeps this on, he could put Shamrock to sleep. Even if he wakes up before the time-limit expires, Lynn could easily have a twenty-point advantage by the time he came to. Fans, Ken Shamrock has an important decision to make here and with the blood flow to the brain compromised... I'm not sure he's in any position to even make it."

Mark Johnson raised Shamrock's arm and watched it fall limply to the mat, then raised it again, testing Ken's consciousness. Shamrock sprang to life, refusing to let his arm fall a second time. With all the strength in his body, he fought his way back to his feet... then quickly backed into the corner, driving Lynn's spine into the turnbuckle and forcing him to break the hold. Shamrock took a few small steps to catch his breath... then Lynn quickly hopped up to sit on the top rope. He grabbed Shamrock's head and spun him around, then scored with a tornado DDT! He quickly hooked the leg and hung on tight, becoming the first to put points on the board.

DECISION: Jerry Lynn via pinfall at 18:58

SCORE: Jerry Lynn 2, Ken Shamrock 0

"Twenty minutes have gone by, forty minutes remain," the ring announcer said as the sixty-second rest period ended. Both men tried to conserve energy for the remaining two-thirds of the bout. Shamrock was still a bit wobbly as he stepped to the center of the ring to continue. He quickly chopped Lynn down by kicking him in the right knee, causing him to lift his leg and put all his weight on his injured left ankle. With his opponent totally off-balance, Shamrock fired off a big punch, knocking Lynn to the canvas.

Shamrock grabbed a handful of Lynn's hair and pulled him up... then snatched him up with a belly-to-belly suplex, driving him hard into the mat. He hung on and pulled Lynn up for a second brutal suplex. The crowd cheered Lynn on as he fired off a few weak punches, desperately trying to prevent Shamrock from completing his trifecta. Shamrock lifted him up, but the tenacious Lynn locked Ken in a bodyscissors, gaining a bit of leverage. Lynn's punches did more damage, forcing Shamrock to release his grip.

Lynn rushed towards the ropes and bounced off, charging at Ken with a clothesline. Shamrock ducked the move, then quickly turned around, catching Jerry as he bounced off the far side ropes. He quickly wrapped his arms around him and flung him into the air, spiking him on his head with a devastating overhead belly-to-belly suplex! Shamrock made the cover and scored the pin, erasing Lynn's brief lead.

DECISION: Ken Shamrock via pinfall at 22:17

SCORE: Jerry Lynn 2, Ken Shamrock 2

The referee checked on Lynn, who lay motionless for the entire rest period as Shamrock circled around like a predator smelling the blood of wounded prey. Once he had the go-ahead, Shamrock rushed over and made another cover, attempted to take his first lead of the match. Lynn sprang to life, lifting his shoulder just before the three count. Disheartened but still determind, Shamrock latched on a reverse chin lock and began to wear down Lynn down with it.

Lynn slowly began to work his way up to his feet, swinging back a few elbows into Shamrock's ribs to loosen his grip. Shamrock shifted into a side headlock and continued cranking away as Lynn tried to escape. He repeatedly shoved Shamrock towards the ropes but Ken hung on, squeezing Jerry's head tightly. Unable to break the vicelike grip, Lynn was down to his last resort. He grabbed onto Ken's body and lifted him up, dropping back with a big back suplex.

Both men, thoroughly spent, slowly got up with Lynn beating Shamrock to a vertical base. He hit the ropes and came at Ken, swinging his legs up for a headscissor takeover. Shamrock wisely rolled out of the ring to collect himself, taking the full nine-count of the referee before returning to the ring. Still reeling from the beating he'd suffered, Lynn was in no hurry to stop the tactic and took the time to recuperate himself.

"Mike, this has been a war, pure and simple," West mused, "I can think of no better way for these two to end this blood feud of theirs than this. They've been so evenly matched and even now the scoreboard reads a tie. It's going to come down to stamina. Whichever one of these guys can kick it in during the second half is going to win it all." Shamrock and Lynn locked up again with Lynn winning the exchange by backing Shamrock into the corner.

Shamrock asked for a clean break, then threw a cheap punch as the referee separated them. Luckily, Lynn saw his opponent's devious scheme coming and caught the punch, then whipped Shamrock across the ring, sending him into the turnbuckle. He climbed up and rattled off ten big punches as the crowd counted along, then monkeyflipped Shamrock into the center of the ring. Lynn climbed up top and jumped off for a guillotine legdrop... but Shamrock rolled out of the way, causing Lynn to crash down onto the canvas.

Shamrock got up and pulled Lynn up, positioning him for a powerbomb. As he hoisted Lynn up, Lynn scored with a punch to the face, then threw his weight back, trying to hit a huracanrana. Shamrock hung on, refusing to let Lynn take him down. As Lynn hung upside down... Shamrock reached through his legs and hooked him for a cradle piledriver! Shamrock prepared to spike Lynn with his own finisher as Jerry reached up and punched at Ken's hands, trying to break his grip.

He succeeded and Shamrock let go, sending Lynn flopping to the mat. Jerry quickly stood up and scooped Shamrock onto his shoulders, lifting him for an airplane spin. Lynn released his grip to drop Ken into a TKO... but Shamrock landed behind Lynn on his feet. Shamrock tried to clothesline the semi-disoriented Lynn but he ducked. Shamrock spun around and threw another clothesline... but Lynn did as well. Both men slung their arms into their opponent's chest, knocking him to the mat. As the two lay prone on the canvas, the ring announcer proclaimed, "Thirty minutes have gone by, thirty minutes remain!"

Hearing that half the match was over, the combatants kicked it into high gear, quickly returning to their feet. Shamrock crushed Lynn's sternum with a big kick to the chest, then hooked him for a vertical suplex. He lifted Lynn up but Jerry twisted in the air and came down behind Shamrock, locking in a waistlock. Shamrock performed a standing switch, then delivered a brutal bridging German suplex, picking up a very close near fall!

Shamrock charged at Lynn as he got up, looking for a yakuza kick to the head. Lynn dodged the blow, sending Shamrock's foot whizzing past and through the ropes, crotching him on the middle rope. As he pulled his leg back into the ring, Lynn reached out and grabbed his head, hooking him for a DDT! He dragged Ken to the center of the ring and got set to spike him... but Shamrock countered with a brilliant Northern lights suplex, again coming within fractions of a second of pinning Lynn.

Lynn came up swinging, scoring with a big punch on Ken. Shamrock went back to the injured left ankle with a low kick, forcing Lynn to hop on one leg as he jabbed Shamrock in the shoulder. Shamrock returned the favor, rocking Lynn with a hard punch to the chin. Lynn kicked with his left leg, aiming for Ken's gut... but Shamrock caught the foot. As Shamrock prepared to rip away at the injured ankle, Lynn swung his right leg up and clocked him with a killer enzuigiri! Shamrock collapsed to the mat and Lynn made the cover, picking up two.

Lynn fought through the pain and pulled Shamrock up, then blasted him with a standing dropkick, sending him into the corner. He whipped him out towards the opposite corner, but Shamrock reversed it, sending Lynn into the turnbuckle hard. As Shamrock shook off the cobwebs, Lynn made his way up to the top rope. Shamrock turned around, expecting to see Lynn collapsed in the corner... but instead got a faceful of missile dropkick! Shamrock dropped to the mat in a heap, but Lynn did too. Lynn clutched his ankle, unable to capitalize on his move.

The referee began counting both men out and reached six before Lynn managed to crawl over and drape his arm across Shamrock's chest. The ref counted to two, but in sheer defiance, Shamrock thrust his shoulder up off the canvas before three. Lynn struggled to get to his feet and failed to reach them before Shamrock did. Shamrock hooked Lynn for a gutwrench suplex, but the ring-worn veteran swung his leg up, kicking Ken in the face. Shamrock released the hold and Irish whipped Lynn off into the ropes.

Lynn bounced off and attempted to catch Shamrock with a headscissor takeover. He wrapped his legs around Ken's head and tried to flip hom over... but Shamrock held his ground. As Lynn hung upside down in front of him, Shamrock grabbed onto him and slipped his arm through, hooking Lynn for a cradle tombstone piledriver! "From the cradle... to the grave!" Tenay exclaimed as Shamrock spiked Lynn's head into the canvas, "Cover! One! Two! Three! He got him!"

DECISION: Ken Shamrock via pinfall at 36:02

SCORE: Ken Shamrock 4, Jerry Lynn 2

Shamrock celebrated his victory enthusiastically as Lynn lay motionless on the mat, desperately needing the sixty-second rest period to go by slowly. After it expired, Shamrock was still gloating, pointing to the scoreboard and holding up four fingers on one hand and two on the other, egging the fans on. "It's over!" he shouted to them, receiving a chorus of boos in return. "Mike, now that Shamrock has the lead, he may be looking for the 'deep freeze'," West said, "All he has to do now is keeping Lynn from scoring points and he'll win it. All the pressure is on Jerry Lynn now... and he looks to be in condition to handle it."

Shamrock calmly walked over to Lynn's prone body and bent down to pull him up. Just then... Lynn reached up and cradled Shamrock's head, pulling him down into a small package. Mark Johnson, equally as surprised as Shamrock, scrambled into position and began the count, reaching two before Shamrock broke out. Incensed, Shamrock instantly pounced atop Lynn and rained down clubbing forearms to his head, savagely beating away on him. Shamrock moved around to the side and locked Lynn in a rear naked choke, squeezing the life out of him. As Lynn reached for the ropes, blood began to drip from his nose onto Shamrock's arm.

Johnson stepped in, asking Lynn if he wanted to give up and escape the hold. Lynn, firmly realizing he was now behind in points, told him no and tried to rip Shamrock's arm away from his neck with his fingers. With Ken's grip too strong, Lynn made a desperation play and reached back, driving his thumb into Shamrock's eye! He screamed in pain and released the hold, allowing Lynn to make a break for it. Lynn got to his feet and hobbled for a few steps... but Shamrock jumped right back on him, applying a sleeperhold smack in the center of the ring. "Forty minutes have gone by," the ring announcer declared, "Twenty minutes remain!"

Shamrock continued to try to deep freeze Lynn with the sleeper, sapping his energy away. Mark Johnson stepped in and raised Lynn's arm and released it, watching it fall limply to his side. He did it again to the same result. As Lynn's arm went up a third time... so did his leg! Lynn swung back a kick, catching Shamrock right between the legs. Shamrock released his hold and both men collapsed to the mat, thoroughly exhausted and in searing pain.

Surprisingly, Lynn was the first to stand with the aid of the ropes. He limped over to Shamrock and grabbed his leg, then dropped an elbow onto Ken's thigh. He trapped Shamrock's leg beneath his body weight and began punching away at his knee, pulling down his kneepad for maximum damage. As Lynn ground his fist into Ken's knee, Shamrock reached down and clawed at Lynn's hair, ripping away at it. "Mike, these are two of the greatest technical wrestlers in the world," West said, "However, this bad blood between them has reduced them to nothing more than animals in there!"

Lynn released his grip on Shamrock's leg and stood up, doling out a few stomps to the head. He pulled Shamrock up and hooked him for a suplex. Unfortunately, when he tried to lift him up, his ankle wouldn't support the added weight. Lynn thought fast and quickly spun Shamrock into a neckbreaker. With Shamrock down, Lynn hobbled to the ropes, taking a moment to contemplate his next maneuver. Just then... Shamrock rolled over and reached for Lynn's injured ankle, attempting to apply an anklelock! Lynn managed to pull his leg away just in the nick of time.

Shamrock got up and charged at Lynn. Lynn ducked and backdropped him up and over the top rope to the floor! As Lynn took a moment... Shamrock reached under the bottom rope and grabbed his ankle, tripping him up and pulling him close for an anklelock! "Ask him!" Shamrock shouted to Mark Johnson, who ordered Shamrock to release the hold and return to the ring. Meanwhile, Lynn screamed in pain and grabbed the ropes, hoping it would prompt Ken to break the hold. Finally, Shamrock released the futile submission after Johnson started the ten-count, signaling he'd sooner count Shamrock out than award him a submission decision.

The count continued as Shamrock walked around ringside towards the timekeeper. He pulled him up by his collar and grabbed the chair out from underneath him, then returned to the ring with it. He raised the chair high and stood over Lynn, watching as his hated rival lay in a broken heap on the mat, clutching his ankle. "Don't do it, Shamrock!" Johnson shouted, "I'm warning you!" As Shamrock looked on, the rage seemed to drain from his face, washed away by a sense of calm as he looked at Lynn, almost sympathetically.

"Thank God," Tenay said as Shamrock lowered the chair, "With the incredible level of competition between these two, it's great to see that the spirit of sportsmanship is going to... what? What's he doing? My God in Heaven, what is Shamrock doing?!" Shamrock unfolded the chair and laid it on the mat, then slipped Lynn's left ankle through it. With a sadistic smile, he headed towards the corner and hopped up onto the middle rope. Lynn struggled to remove the chair from his leg as he looked up, staring into Shamrock's eyes, fully aware of his intention. His attempts were futile as he was forced to watch in horror as Shamrock leapt off the top rope. The sounds of metal breaking and bone cracking were accompanied by the horrific screams of Jerry Lynn, weaving together in a disturbing symphony that ended with the sound of a bell.

DECISION: Jerry Lynn via disqualification at 46:56

SCORE: Ken Shamrock 3, Jerry Lynn 2

"MY GOD!" West cried out, "This is sickening! Shamrock just snapped the ankle of Jerry Lynn with that chair! Oh, God... I think I'm going to be sick." As several replays of the revolting image of Lynn's leg being crushed were aired, the mandatory sixty-second rest period began. Mark Johnson warned Shamrock to stay back as he helped Lynn remove the mangled chair from his equally mangled ankle. Lynn grabbed his foot and rolled on the mat in agony, making his way to the ropes and then beneath them to the floor.

Once the rest period ended, Shamrock demanded that Johnson count Lynn out. Considering the circumstances, Johnson was reluctant, but ultimately did as his job demanded and began counting Lynn out. Huddled on the floor, Lynn made no attempt to even try to return to the ring and break the count. Johnson reached seven, eight, nine... then Shamrock left the ring, breaking the count himself! Shamrock pulled Lynn up and flung him hard into the guard rail, watching with sick glee as Lynn fell to the floor.

Shamrock pulled Lynn up and lifted him in an atomic drop... then dropped him crotch-first on the guard rail. From there, he fired off a series of kicks to Lynn's left leg as it dangled in front of the rail. Lynn slumped over and fell off the rail, again crashing to the arena fllor. Ken pulled him up again and tossed him into the ring. He turned back to the crowd and shouted "Anklelock" at them, declaring his intentions. As Shamrock slid back into the ring, the ring announcer said "Fifty minutes have gone by, ten minutes remain!"

"There you have it," Tenay said, "Only ten minutes to go and Shamrock is in a commanding position to walk away victorious. Don, it'll take a miracle for Jerry Lynn at this point." Shamrock returned to the ring and stood over Lynn, who was desperately trying to crawl towards the ropes. Shamrock grabbed his foot and dragged him into the center of the ring. He stared down Lynn and shouted "Get ready to tap!" Lynn rolled over onto his back... then spit in Ken's face! Shamrock immediately turned red and he quickly bent down to grab Lynn's ankle... when Lynn suddenly reached up and rolled him up, pinning his shoulders for a three-count!

DECISION: Jerry Lynn via pinfall at 50:54

SCORE: Jerry Lynn 4, Ken Shamrock 3

"Miracle, anyone?!" West said, "Lynn's retaken the lead! Incredible!" Lynn took a big sigh of relief as the rest period began... then quickly found himself taking big punches to the face as Shamrock climbed atop him. Shamrock mercilessly hammered away on Lynn as the referee tried to pull him off. "He's got a minute!" Mark Johnson yelled, trying to stop Shamrock's attacks. Finally, Johnson managed to pull Shamrock away and ordered the rest period to be restarted, then threatened to disqualify Shamrock if he interrupted it again.

Shamrock paced like a caged animal, holding his hands over his ears as the crowd chanted "Four to three! Four to three!" Meanwhile, Lynn used the ropes to pull himself up and clung tightly to them, fully aware that his shattered ankle would be unable to support his weight, as well as that he could neither be pinned nor submit while in contact with the ropes. The rest period expired and Johnson allowed Shamrock to move in for the kill.

Shamrock pried Lynn off of the ropes, then delivered his triple belly-to-belly suplex combo. After the third suplex, he made the cover... but Lynn kicked out. Shamrock quickly pressed his forearm against Lynn's face and demanded another count, but again Jerry broke loose at two. Shamrock quickly moved to Lynn's foot and applied a devastating anklelock, but Lynn had positioned himself in the ropes, forcing an instant break. Shamrock ripped at the ankle for the full four-count, then released the hold.

Lynn used the ropes to pull himself up yet again, then moved across them like a child in a swimming pool, gripping the edge as he made his way to the corner. Shamrock charged in... but Lynn spun out of the way, sending Shamrock face-first into the turnbuckle! He quickly spun Ken around and lit him up with a stinging chop, then grabbed him by the head and planted him face-first on the canvas! Lynn stood up, screaming loudly as he put his weight on his left ankle. He ignored the radiating pain and bent down to pull Shamrock up... then placed his head in position for a cradle piledriver!

Lynn tried to lift Ken but no to avail. His ankle simply couldn't take it. Ken seized the opportunity by sweeping Lynn's legs out from under him, sending him crashing to the canvas. From there, he took Lynn's foot in hand and flipped him over, wrenching in an anklelock! Lynn clawed at the mat, trying to pull himself towards the rope just inches away. As Lynn stretched for all his worth... Shamrock simply dragged him to the center of the ring and wrapped his legs around Lynn's, trapping him in the center of the ring!

"Less than five minutes remain!" Tenay said as a clock reading "4:47" appeared on the screen and began ticking down, "Can Lynn hold on after the savage beating his ankle has taken?" Shamrock continued to rip away at the hold as Lynn howled in pain, desperately reaching for the far away rope. He stared at it as would a dying man in the desert, wondering if the oasis before his eyes was real for simply his imagination. As the four-minute mark came and went, the exhausted Lynn made one last pull towards the rope, cheered on by the Phoenix fans' cry of "Please don't tap!"

Jerry pressed up his body and pulled with all his might, trying to drag his lower-half, along with the full weight of his opponent to the rope. As the mat beneath him burned his sweaty back, Shamrock hung on, screaming "No!" Lynn had budged him but still had a long way to go. He took a deep breath and grit his teeth, pulling even harder. shamrock, feeling himself slide across the ring, took tight grip of Lynn's foot and twisted it harder than ever before. With only two and a half minutes to go... Lynn could take no more. He collapsed.

Mark Johnson stepped in and asked Lynn if he wished to give it up, to which Lynn had no reply. He raised Lynn's arm up and it fell to the mat. Feeling his hand hit the canvas, Lynn began to come out of his pain-induced coma, mustering the energy to turn his head and look back at Shamrock who continued to crank away on the ankle, almost as if he wished to rip Lynn's foot off and keep it as a trophy. Before he could even break his stare with Shamrock, he felt his hand fall a second time.

Shamrock, realizing it was now or never, dug in deep and squeezed as hard as his exhausted muscles could allow, watching as Johnson raised Lynn's arm for a third and final time. As he stared on with tired, bleary eyes, he watched as Lynn's hand dropped... right to eye level. As Lynn held his hand in view, he twisted it and raised his middle finger, silently telling Shamrock to do his worst for the closing seconds. Enraged, Shamrock did just that, refusing to release the tension of his hold. However, each time he wondered if it would be enough, he need only open his eyes and stare at the single digit standing before his face to have an answer.

"No!" Shamrock screamed after every word the crowd yelled as they began to countdown the final ten seconds. They finished their countdown and erupted as the bell sounded. Lynn's hand dropped a split-second later and he completely passed out, never actually hearing his theme music play. Shamrock refused to believe it was over and hung on. Finally, fatigue, emotion and the acceptance of defeat overcame him. He released his hold and sprawled out on the mat, drenched in sweat. The two warriors lay motionless in center-ring as the crowd went wild, applauding their inhuman efforts.

WINNER: Jerry Lynn via a score of 4 to 3 at 60:00

"What a match!" West said, "What a match! These two took everything and then some, but in the end... Ken Shamrock just simply didn't have what it takes to put Jerry Lynn away, Mike. He gave it all he had though, even going so far as potentially ending Lynn's career. Still, Lynn goes home victorious in the war that has defined this organization." Medical technicians rushed out with a stretcher and loaded Lynn onto it, then carted him off for some much needed medical attention for his severely damaged ankle.

Mark Johnson and one of the doctors helped the exhausted Shamrock to his feet and out of the ring. They practically had to carry him up the aisle to the back where he too would likely be checked out by a physician. "Don, the greatest wrestlers in the world are here in NWATNA and you just saw two of them," Tenay said, "You can only see action like this each and every Wednesday on pay-per-view and... we're still not done. Up next, we've got... Jeff Jarrett?! What are you doing out here?"

Amidst the post-match confusion, Jarrett had emerged from backstage, wearing a dress shirt and jeans. He walked up to the broadcast booth and demanded a microphone. "Jeff, we've still got the NWA World Title match to decide," Tenay said, "Is that why you're out here? Is this part of Steve Corino's plan to retain his title from Sting?"

"Shut up, Tenay!" Jarrett snapped, "I already said it once. Sting is Corino's problem... not mine. Whichever one of them goes into 2003 with the NWA Title, they better be looking out, because the 'chosen one' is coming for that title. 2003 is going to be MY year, slapnuts. Just you wait and see. The 'era of Sting'? The 'era of Corino'? Forget all that! 2003 marks the beginning of my time!"

"Here's how it starts," Jarrett said, "On January 1st, NWATNA makes it to California for the first time. It's KickStart In Cali. It's the big event where NWATNA stands up and says 2003 is our year. Well, I'm here to announce the main event for it. It's the 'chosen one' going head-to-head against C.W. Anderson. It's the first day of the year, and it's the first show of the year and... it's FIRST-BLOOD!"

"Anderson," he continued, "The first time you got in my way, you cost me the tag team titles. The second time, you got a cheap win thanks to your boy, Corino. The third time, you got another cheap win over me in a tag match. Well, this is your chance, slapnut. You think you can draw first-blood? You've got your shot! You're going to be my first victim on my road to victory. C.W., it's not just going to be the first time I get the best of you... it's going to be the last. Choke on that, slapnut!"

With that, Jarrett threw down the mike and walked away. He headed to the entranceway and received some loud boos before ducking back behind the curtain. "Two weeks from tonight, NWATNA kickstarts in Cali," Tenay said, "Already we've got a blockbuster main event scheduled! before things get any crazier, let's get to the Zero Hour main event!"

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

STING vs. STEVE CORINO (champion)

Sting entered second, through the entranceway as opposed to rappeling into the ring. The two stood face-to-face in center ring as referee Mickey Jay held up the title. "Tick-tock," Sting said, smiling. Corino scowled... then paintbrushed Sting across the face with a hard slap! The crowd oohed anxiously as Sting slowly turned his face back to Corino, glaring angrily. Corino hauled off and slapped him again! Just then... the opening bell sounded and Corino delivered a big knee to the gut.

Corino took control with a double arm DDT, then locked in an armbar on Sting. "I don't fear you!" Corino shouted as he cranked on Sting's arm, saying it to convince his opponent as much as to convince himself. Sting slowly made his way to his feet but Corino kept the hold on. He slipped behind Sting and turned it into a hammerlock, driving Sting's hand up between his shoulderblades. Sting threw back and elbow, catching Corino in the mouth. Corino ducked a second elbow and tucked his head under Sting's arm, then dropped him back in a back suplex.

"Steve Corino is taking the fight right to the Stinger," Tenay said, "I expected a much less aggressive approach from the champion but it seems Corino wants to defend his title and win this match decisively." Corino made a cover but Sting kicked out before two. Sting got up... but Corino blasted him with a superkick, knocking him into the corner. Corino bent down and drove his shoulder into Sting's midsection repeatedly, then pulled him out of the corner.

Corino hooked Sting up for a vertical suplex... then held him in the air for an extended time, displaying impressive strength. He fell back, dropping Sting to the mat. As Corino got to his feet... so did Sting, suffering no ill effects from the delayed suplex. The crowd erupted as Sting stood behind the champion, watching him gloat. Corino turned around... right into a big slap!

Stunned, Corino stepped back. Sting wasted no time in firing off punch after punch, knocking him back into the corner. He whipped Corino across the ring, then shouted out to his little Stingers before charging across the ring after him. Sting crushed Corino in the corner with a Stinger splash then watched as Corino took a few steps out before falling face-first to the canvas. Sting rolled him over and made the cover, getting two before... he pulled Corino up. Sting shook his head, saying he wouldn't be satisfied at this point. He moved down to Corino's feet and stepped through, setting up the Scorpion Death Lock!

Corino flailed in panic, kicking Sting away and into the corner hard. He hurried to his feet... then ran over and hit Sting with his own Stinger splash! He stepped back and turned to the crowd, cupping his hands around his mouth and shouting to them. He turned back to Sting... and found himself lifted up high for a gorilla press slam! Corino went crashing down and backed away as Sting flexed his muscles, daring Corino to try it again.

Corino got up and walked right over to Sting, telling him "I don't fear you" again. Sting smiled. "Fine!" he said, then began unloading punches to the face! Corino staggered back as the fists came towards him, each one hitting harder than the last. As the champion stood, out on his feet, Sting grabbed him by the hair and drove him face-first into the canvas. Sting stalked Corino as he got up, then moved in for the kill, hooking him for a Scorpion Death Drop!

Instinctively, Corino reached and grabbed the middle rope, preventing Sting from dropping him. Sting saw it and hammered away at Corino's chest, trying to get him to release his grip. Corino used his free hand to punch Sting in the gut a few times, forcing to release his hold on his head. In one fluid motion, Corino released his grip on the rope and twisted, swinging his arm up and over Sting's head, then rotating into a reverse DDT position. He paused for a split-second, then used his other arm to cradle Sting's head for a neckbreaker, hitting the Old School Expulsion. He hooked Sting's leg and, despite the Stinger's furious leg flailing, got the pin.

WINNER & STILL NWA WORLD CHAMPION: Steve Corino via pinfall at 7:01

"It's over!" Tenay exclaimed, "Corino retains! What a shocker! Sting put up a valiant effort, but there will not be a new NWA Champion crowned tonight. Steve Corino moves on into 2003 as the champion of the world. Will it be the 'era of Corino'? We invite you to join us and see. Fans, thank you for supporting NWATNA this year. None of our success would be possible with you. Thank you. Enjoy our free holiday broadcast next week and we'll see you on New Year's Day, live in Sacramento! Good night!"

Mickey Jay presented Corino with his belt, which he embraced and held up, showing it to the world. Sting looked on in disbelief, fully realizing that his last opportunity to wear the world title had just slipped away. "It has begun!" Corino shouted, getting right in the camera, "Start your clocks, people! The 'era of Corino' is on!" As Corino held the title up again, the scene faded into a video package, highlighting the greatest moments of the past year, closing out the show.

Zero Hour '02:

Steve Corino discusses last week's match with Sting.

- Overall Rating: 80%

Honky Talk features Shane Helms.

- Overall Rating: 70%

A video promotes Honky Tonk Holidays.

- Overall Rating: 84%

Dusty Rhodes checks on Terry Funk.

- Overall Rating: 77%

Jerry Lynn defeats Ken Shamrock.

- Crowd Reaction: 82%

- Ken Shamrock lost overness from this feud ending.

- Jerry Lynn gained overness from this feud ending.

Jeff Jarrett challenges C.W. Anderson.

- Overall Rating: 77%

Steve Corino defeats Sting.

- Overall Rating: 73%

- Crowd Reaction: 86%

- Sting lost overness from this match.

- Steve Corino gained overness from this match.

- Steve Corino gained overness from this feud ending.

- Sting lost overness from this feud ending.

- The NWA World title has gained in image.

Dan Severn defeats La Parka in a match taped for later airing.

- Overall Rating: 50%

- Crowd Reaction: 40%

- Match Quality: 73%

- This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Low-Ki defeats 19 others in a match taped for later airing.

- Overall Rating: 54%

- Crowd Reaction: 52%

- Match Quality: 70%

Overall Rating: 67%

- Buyrate: 0.22

- Attendance: 3,608

• 1 year later...