I Declare War

Typical Phenom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, when did Jay-Z stop being retired?

Wasn't it just from producing new material? I don't know, rappers seem to retire from some form of hip hop every day, it's like pro wrestling retirement only instead of faces and heels it's pretty much all a bunch of people whose ancestors fought for the right to be treated with the same respect as everyone else, only they argue over the tiniest of bullshit with one another instead of unifying and setting a decent example.

Wasn't it just from producing new material? I don't know, rappers seem to retire from some form of hip hop every day, it's like pro wrestling retirement only instead of faces and heels it's pretty much all a bunch of people whose ancestors fought for the right to be treated with the same respect as everyone else, only they argue over the tiniest of bullshit with one another instead of unifying and setting a decent example.

..Except they just did ¬¬

Fifty and the Game split and got back together like five times in one month.

And they're an accurate representation of rap as a whole.

Oh, they aren't. Did you read the report up there? P. Diddy and The LOX squashed their beef, Nas & Jay-Z did, they're trying to set an example for the hip-hop community.

Oh, they aren't. Did you read the report up there? P. Diddy and The LOX squashed their beef, Nas & Jay-Z did, they're trying to set an example for the hip-hop community.

Quit taking me so seriously.

Quit taking me so seriously.

Oh, yeah, it's Benji.

:lmao:

:wub:

Wow, this is much different than I expected it to be. I was thinking a possible beef between Jay and his crew against Dipset for some reason, although that's probably retarded thinking on my part. Or a beef between Jay and someone at minimum. I never thought it was a war against beef, that's out of left field.

But yeah, 50 needs to cut the shit. First, he needs to stop hatin on everyone or else he's gonna get shot. Secondly, he needs to put out material that isn't for 17 year old girls.

Honestly, people care about East Coast rap? That shit sucks.

East Coast Rap is, was and always will be better than West Coast rap.

Who from the West can fuck with Rakim, Big L, Pun, KRS-One, Kool G Rap, Biggie, Nas, Jay, Slick Rick, Kane, A Tribe Called Quest, Kweli, The Wu, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Mobb Deep and Mos Def?

Quality, not quantity, my friend. Nevermind the fact that the East Coast gave us Puff Daddy, which has to amount to some kind of negative points.

Anyway, NWA (collectively and individually), Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Ice T, Cypress Hill, Warren G, DJ Quik, Mack 10, Lynch Mob, and others.

Its two totally different styles. Oh, and I actually like OLDER New York rap, but after gangsta rap (or, as I would put it, West Coast shit), took over, besides Biggie, the East has been shit.

East has > West for a good number of years. So what it produced Diddy? The West has produced a name dropper like Game, who is distinctly average and only where he is because others' (Dre, K.West, Just Blaze's) production.

Who from the West can fuck with Rakim, Big L, Pun, KRS-One, Kool G Rap, Biggie, Nas, Jay, Slick Rick, Kane, A Tribe Called Quest, Kweli, The Wu, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Mobb Deep and Mos Def?

Edited by fineintent

Forgot about Common...and Pharoahe Monch, and Canibus.

Wow, this is much different than I expected it to be. I was thinking a possible beef between Jay and his crew against Dipset for some reason, although that's probably retarded thinking on my part. Or a beef between Jay and someone at minimum. I never thought it was a war against beef, that's out of left field.

But yeah, 50 needs to cut the shit. First, he needs to stop hatin on everyone or else he's gonna get shot. Secondly, he needs to put out material that isn't for 17 year old girls.

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

1. I wouldn't call Kanye being East Coast. He's Midwest, which is a bit different. He hangs around with a lot of East Coast people though. Same with Common and anyone from Chicago.

2. Anyone would destroy Dipset in battle. I was hoping Jay would. They are so horrible lately, they need to get someone to kill them so they get back into the game.

Forgot about Common...and Pharoahe Monch, and Canibus.

It was rumoured that he'd go at Dipset. I would have been loving it.

Quality, not quantity, my friend.

All those artists are quality.

Anyway, NWA (collectively and individually), Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Ice T, Cypress Hill, Warren G, DJ Quik, Mack 10, Lynch Mob, and others.

Its two totally different styles. Oh, and I actually like OLDER New York rap, but after gangsta rap (or, as I would put it, West Coast shit), took over, besides Biggie, the East has been shit.

Nobody you listed holds a candle to Rakim. Gangsta Rap become popular purely because of controversy, whereas East Coast rap was founded in the beats and the rhymes. You know, the music. Every rapper on my list is lyrically superior to every rapper on your list.

Plus the East Coast can boast the best producers of all time; Pete Rock, Premo, Hi-Tek, RZA, Neptunes, Kanye, Swizz Beatz, Just Blaze, Alchemist, Prince Paul. All the West has is Dre.

And to add to that.. Snoop Dogg? Are you fucking kidding me? He's all hooks, his rhymes blow ass. Ice-T? I'll give you that. Tupac? Give you that. Lynch Mob? Didn't they have like.. one album? two? NWA? Are you trying to say Eazy is better than Nas or Jigga? I don't think so. Guys like Eazy & Dre are all "gangsta this, gangsta that, bitches 'n hoes". I'll admit, I like Eazy, but as far as quality's concerned, east coast shits over the west.

Add Eminem to Syco's list, I do believe he comes under West Coast.

He's from detroit, michigan. :huh: That's hardly west coast.