"Live" Episodes for Scripted shows

sahyder1

So later tonight The West Wing goes "live" and are doing two seperate live editions of their show. One for the east coast and one for the west coast. This episode is supposed to be the Presidential debate and I believe American Express is the sole sponser so they can air with limited advertisements.

My question to you is how many other shows have tried something like this as in going "live" for their broadcast. I've heard ER did it a couple of years ago.....but has there been anyone else?

Guest fullhouse

Saturday Night Live (ok, yeah a obvious answer)

Will & Grace

Roc

Drew Carey

For some reason I want to say Home Improvement did a live episode, not sure though.

Another NBC show did a live episode but I cant remember the name, Fraiser maybe?

Saturday Night Live (ok, yeah a obvious answer)

Will & Grace

Roc

Drew Carey

For some reason I want to say Home Improvement did a live episode, not sure though.

Another NBC show did a live episode but I cant remember the name, Fraiser maybe?

I wouldn't count Saturday Night Live, considering the fact that it's done live every time. And three of the shows that you listed were already listed as so. I watched Home Improvement religiously for quite a long time when I was younger, I don't remember a live episode.