Bands People Insult

Benji

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't overly mind them, until I saw them live, and they decided to suck the atmosphere out of the building with some rant about what is or isn't true metal.

Killed the crowd stone dead....the fact that the set had been downhill from the first couple of songs didn't help really (the crowd were really into them at the start, but it just died down over the 45 odd minutes)

I'm a fan of Ill Nino.

I'd have to say I really enjoy Opeth and Shinedown which are bands tons of people seem to not care for. Sure, Shinedown isn't filled with the greatest musicians but they have the feel of a rock band and Opeth can just go all around the board with influences of style and pull each of them off well.

Opeth are probable one of the most loved bands in the more cult metal circles, so I can't see how you can list them.

They don't have massive mainstream backing, but thats because thier music isn't accessible enough for that.

Well, my experience with tons of EWB members makes me feel as if people just don't like them at all. Off the top of my head, Tristy is the only one who I remember actually commenting on how he listens to them.

Opeth are probable one of the most loved bands in the more cult metal circles, so I can't see how you can list them.

They don't have massive mainstream backing, but thats because thier music isn't accessible enough for that.

Well, my experience with tons of EWB members makes me feel as if people just don't like them at all. Off the top of my head, Tristy is the only one who I remember actually commenting on how he listens to them.

Tristy also called them a "death metal" band >_> :P

Me, fineintent (I believe) and Bas are others who listen to them that I know of, but I'm 100% sure more people have spoken up about them before.

Benji and Fitzy (Creed are badass too) rock too.

I hate when people ditch on Creed and Alter Bridge, they have some tremendous lyrical backing and the vocals always make up for some relatively mediocre music, but in no way are they a bad band IMO, just average in certain aspects.

I think both of them are hugely underrated bands. Creed, especially on "Weathered" had some fantastic, adventurous (sp? damnit I can't spell that fucking word!) and inspiring guitar melodies, lyrics and other great features. And you know what, there's nothing wrong with all with just outbursts of grinding synchornised guitar and bass as it comes off as powerful.

Meanwhile, Alter Bridge are unfairly labelled as Creed with a new singer (in the context of Creed haters). Creed are awesome, but you can tell from "One Day Remains" that Alter Bridge are fantastic. The vocals match the compositions, Tremonti's guitar solos show how he was possibly held back in Creed as you can tell from this album he is talented and some of the drumming is fucking amazing (Metalingus, anyone?*). That too and it keeps up the grinding of bass and guitar together, especially in my favourite track of the album: Watch Your Words.

I think both are labelled as average as they join Nickelback in the post-grunge, alternative metal genre. And of course, everything that's post-grunge rips off Nirvana and Nirvana are the lolzords!

*For those unawareness of that song - it's Edge's theme tune.

Go to a metal forum and see if people don't like Opeth. They are one of the most popular bands, especially due to the fact they cross into a few seperate genres.

Guns N' Roses

Blink-182

The Darkness

The fuck? No-one hates Guns N Roses.

Also The Duke album is great. So are all the Stuck Mojo and Fozzy albums.

They're just different styles of music.

I absolutely adore every Stuck Mojo album, so you'll get no argument from me there. I enjoy all the Fozzy albums, but I think the first two are superior. And I really can't stand The Duke album, I just think it's lacking something. Whereas with Fozzy and Stuck Mojo you can instantly tell that it's Rich Ward on guitar, The Duke could be anyone, which is probably why I don't like it. It's just not the distinctive style I'm used to from him.

For those of you defending Creed and Alter Bridge...I don't really know what to say. I've heard pretty much all that each band has done, seeing as one of my best friends is an obsessive fan of both, and have yet to hear anything appealing. The lyrics are trite, the instrumentation reflects all that was bad about grunge with none of the good, and it all messes together to form a completely appalling MOR mess that holds no interest for me whatsoever. I'd like to say I'm purely indifferent to them, but since I heard Creed's butchering of "I'm Eighteen" by Alice Cooper, I vehemently dislike them.

I think both are labelled as average as they join Nickelback in the post-grunge, alternative metal genre. And of course, everything that's post-grunge rips off Nirvana and Nirvana are the lolzords!

When, of course, Nirvana never ripped off anyone. They invented music, after all >_>

I'm not going to get started on Nirvana, I had no intention of turning this into a vitriolic "Skumfrog rants on music" thread, but it looks to be headed that way.