Bands People Insult

Benji

Weezer are geek-rock, the point is that not everyone likes them. It's all about not being cool. Or at least it was, present-day Weezer holds little interest for me.

And as for Metallica....*insert rant here*

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what the hell is Opeth then?

I swear if you give me some bullshit made up genre I'm going to rip your balls off.

Not Death Metal, thats for sure.

As Damshow said, they cross into loads of different genres. They are as Progressive as they are Death, for example.

Allmusic lists:

Symphonic Black Metal

Heavy Metal

Progressive Metal

Scandinavian Metal

Death Metal/ Black Metal

I'd actually agree to the point where the are more like a Black Metal band than a Death Metal band.

Edited by Liam

Opeth are probable one of the most loved bands in the more cult metal circles, so I can't see how you can list them.

They don't have massive mainstream backing, but thats because thier music isn't accessible enough for that.

Well, my experience with tons of EWB members makes me feel as if people just don't like them at all. Off the top of my head, Tristy is the only one who I remember actually commenting on how he listens to them.

Opeth are probable one of the most loved bands in the more cult metal circles, so I can't see how you can list them.

They don't have massive mainstream backing, but thats because thier music isn't accessible enough for that.

Well, my experience with tons of EWB members makes me feel as if people just don't like them at all. Off the top of my head, Tristy is the only one who I remember actually commenting on how he listens to them.

Tristy also called them a "death metal" band >_> :P

Me, fineintent (I believe) and Bas are others who listen to them that I know of, but I'm 100% sure more people have spoken up about them before.

**Raises hand** Blackwater Park is one of my favourite ever albums.

I personally list Opeth as progressive metal. Because in my mind they are.

Chalk another one to the list.

I'd say Blackwater Park is thier finest offering, definitely, but its all class IMO.

EDIT: And Tristy, I said more black than death. Black has the overt heavyness that Death has, but also makes a lot more use of symphony and melody......like Opeth do. Death is just...well, Death, which Opeth isn't.

Edited by Liam

Story Of The Year

I too hated "Page Avenue" but my mate has been sending me songs throughout the day and i'm incredibly impressed with the new album. Reminds of FFAF only a bit more catchy in places. Personaly favourites are "Stereo", "Our Time Is Now" (With a CKY esque opening riff), "Pay Your Enemy" and "Metalhead".

Just about anything I listen to. Especially if the band happen to commit the "cardinal sin" of having the word Dragon in the title. God Forbid!

(Note: I wasn't listing God Forbid, the world's worst band, in my list of bands. Even I insult them, because they're terrible. ¬_¬)

Except Nightwish, because apparently they're mainstream and loved by all now. Poor bastards keep getting a mention next to Evanescence in teenage "goths" favourite bands list.

Edited by TheReilDeal