NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Jim Paxson is the General Manager for the Bulls Anthony.

Paxson = Cavs actually, although, the Bulls may have a Paxson in charge this one is with the Cavs.

the Suns have supposedly offered Quentin Richardson a deal worth 50 Mil, and the Celtics have resigned Mark Blount and the following.

Restricted free-agent Hedo Turkoglu and the Orlando Magic and have agreed to a six-year deal worth around $39 million, Turkoglu's agent, Lon Babby, told ESPN Insider's Chad Ford.

The contract, believed to be for Orlando's full mid-level exception, cannot be signed until July 14, at which point the San Antonio Spurs will have 15 days to match the Magic's offer.

"He's one of the few skill players available at that position," a Magic source told ESPN's David Aldridge about Turkoglu. "We're planning on pushing the ball and running a lot and that's the type of system he flourished in in San Antonio."

In 80 games with San Antonio this past season, the 6-foot-10, 235-pound swing man from Turkey averaged 9.2 points and 4.5 rebounds. Overall, in three seasons with Sacramento and one in San Antonio, he has averaged 7.9 ppg and 3.8 rpg in 301 games.

ESPN.com

Well, if they get Turkoglu, atleast they have someone to fall back on, when Grant Hill fucks himself up again.They could end up making Playoffs this year with a decent lineup of Francis, Mobley, Hill/Turkoglu, Howard, Gooden, that is if Howard delivers...I don't see Spurs matching, would that leave them enough to get Ginobilli back aswell?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bukkake bandit

Hedo is not worth that much money. GMs are going insane this year. Adonal Foyle's career numbers are 5/5 and he gets $42 million over 5 years.

I don't see Spurs matching, would that leave them enough to get Ginobilli back aswell?

I don't see the Spurs matching either, Hedo wouldn't get that much money ANYWHERE. Manu agreed to remain with the Spurs today.

John and Jim Paxson are brothers. Or so I heard. Funny that there both GM in the NBA.

Boozer? Nah I think he made a wise choice, he gets a bigger amount of money on a team that is interested in him. Not taht I say Jim Pax isnt interested in retaining him.

The Chicago-Knicks sign and trade talks are still underway. Man...stuff like this makes me think that the Cavs will have more of a chance to make it to the playoffs this coming season than the Bulls. But then again I might be wrong. So whatever then, I'll see in november.

Wow atleast the Bobcats look very good in their summer league game against the Wolves. But still..its the SUMMER LEAGUE. I am anticipating what the new team in the NBA has in store for the rest of the league this coming season.

Guest bukkake bandit

So much for verbal understandings.

Carlos Boozer and the Utah Jazz have agreed on a six-year, $68 million offer sheet, ESPN's David Aldridge reports.

It is a crushing blow to the Cleveland Cavaliers, who made Boozer an unrestricted free agent with the belief he would re-sign with them for their mid-level exception.

"We've reached an agreement for an offer sheet to be delivered on July 14. He has agreed," Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor told The Associated Press.

Earlier Thursday, ESPN Insider Chad Ford reported that the Jazz had canceled a planned visit by the Nets' Kenyon Martin because they were preparing to make Boozer the offer to which he has now agreed.

"We just decided in was in both of our interest to go in a different direction," O'Connor told Ford about the Martin cancellation.

The huge offer, coming after Boozer drew interest from half a dozen teams once he hit the free-agent market, proves the Cavaliers made a mistake in relinquishing their contractual rights to Boozer for the upcoming season.

"Our actions have been based upon what Carlos told us he wanted," the Cavaliers said in a statement by owner Gordon Gund and general manager Jim Paxson.

The statement said the Cavaliers' approach with Boozer was entirely consistent with his public statements in an interview July 1 with The Associated Press.

"We are both very surprised and very disappointed by what is now being reported," the statement said.

Messages left with Boozer and agent Rob Pelinka were not immediately returned Thursday.

Boozer, recently named to the U.S. Olympic team, could have been Cleveland's next season for $695,000, but the Cavaliers did not pick up their option after, the club said, Boozer had committed to re-signing for the team's full mid-level exception -- somewhere around six years and $40 million.

Now Cleveland almost certainly cannot retain Boozer. While the Cavs have the right to match the Utah offer, they are only about $4 million under the current cap and would have to trade and/or renounce the rights to a number of players to clear enough room to sign Boozer.

According to sources, the Jazz began serious negotiations with Boozer around July 4 and finished the deal Wednesday night, capping a huge offseason for Utah.

Earlier this week, the Jazz agreed to terms on an offer sheet with Pistons restricted free-agent center Mehmet Okur for six years and $50 million. Okur, Boozer (15.5 points and 11.7 rebounds a game last year) and star forward Andrei Kirilenko will give the Jazz one of the Western Conference's most potent young frontcourts. The Jazz have also re-signed both of their starting guards from last season, Carlos Arroyo and Gordan Giricek. And Utah selected promising guard Kirk Snyder and forward Kris Humphries in the first round of the NBA draft last month.

With the Jazz out of the Martin sweepstakes, the Nets forward moves on to a visit with the Hawks Friday after Wednesday's meeting with the Nuggets. A source in Denver claims that the team has not made Martin an offer.

Scumbag.

Nice move Boozer, leave the leauges hottest young star for Greg Ostertag and Matt Harpring.

I suppose the 68 mil will help you deal with the playoff drought

Hmmm, an extra $28 million and an all around better team, or a chance to play LeBron's sidekick? I think Boozer made the right choice. The Jazz are a better team than the Cavs moving forward, and it's not like either are about to win a championship, so why not take the money?

Hmmm,  an extra $28 million and an all around better team, or a chance to play LeBron's sidekick? I think Boozer made the right choice. The Jazz are a better team than the Cavs moving forward, and it's not like either are about to win a championship, so why not take the money?

Just what I was about to say.

The Jazz almost made the playoffs in the West, with no one. I hate to say it, as I hate the Jazz, but Jerry Sloan may be the best coach in the NBA.

Besides, I wouldn't want to play in Cleveland either, or with LeBron. You'll NEVER get the chance to be a star. At least on most other teams, if you preform, you have a chance, he could average a triple double for a career, and all Cleveland would care about is King James. Too bad they'll never win the NBA title... nevermind, its not too bad, I have Cleveland. Well, except the Browns, their cool.

He'll never be a star in Utah either. Just like Chauncy Billups, no matter how many MVP awards he wins, will never be the first player thought of when you think about the Pistons.

He's an olympian, so obviously he did enough in Cleveland to get noticed